Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,153 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cait001
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Come on, we're late! (resized).jpeg
    images.jpeg-2 (resized).jpg
    dvds-what-year (resized).jpg
    big-lebowski-the-dude.gif
    giphy.gif
    1445475145-0 (resized).jpg
    29SCI-ANGLERFISH2-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600 (resized).jpg
    thats-the-point (resized).jpg
    tumblr_0f060e3acd1e5f67c130457429198598_d6e693ce_540.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    d1t0fd1-1c35f715-e3af-40cb-8e00-be0e1a26dce8 (resized).jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2c1a (resized).jpeg
    unpop (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iloveplywood.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#355 2 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

The Beatles is a great licence, but basing it on the "Beatlemania-bowlcut" era was a wasted opportunity. We didn't need THREE limited versions of this great updated Seawitch layout.
    There should have been just TWO versions....
    1) Beatlemania Era: Pop songs from Revolver & before (what we got)
    2) Psychedelic, acid-tripping, far out Beatles Studio Era with songs from Sgt Pepper, White Album, & Abby Road (what we needed)
    Guess which version would've had the better artwork, better songs & sold more units?

I think this goes more under the, opinions that are the huge consensus thread. Even when announced people were stunned they based it off of early beatles. I get the idea of it being kind of a retro re-theme, but man this was one of those terrible decisions that's hard to fathom that a bunch of people in a room all agreed to it.

2 months later
    #703 2 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Okay, gloves off...
    Video pins, be they on a phone, a tablet, a computer or a full size virtual pin, are 97% as much fun as "real" pinball, without the breakdowns, the cost, or all the space they take up! (And I have 14 of the damned things. I prefer real myself, but I use both.)

There's something about real pinball that is so different in a satisfying way but . . . I got into this hobby playing the pinball arcade and used to have fun competitions with my brother where we'd take a table and see who got the best score in two weeks. This was probably the most fun I've actually had in "pinball" thinking back on it. Don't get me wrong, I love playing real pinball but it's hard to place a value on the pluses of video pinball -- so much cheaper, so much more variety, online leader boards to give meaning to getting better even if it's just trying to crack the top 100. Now with VR, video pinball can be even better. Also, playing video pinball actually makes you feel like you're a decent player.

Anyway, I love having at least one real pinball machine but video pinball is a great way to get variety without having to buy fifteen pins.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iloveplywood.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unpopular-opinion-thread?tu=iloveplywood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.