Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,153 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cait001
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Come on, we're late! (resized).jpeg
    images.jpeg-2 (resized).jpg
    dvds-what-year (resized).jpg
    big-lebowski-the-dude.gif
    giphy.gif
    1445475145-0 (resized).jpg
    29SCI-ANGLERFISH2-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600 (resized).jpg
    thats-the-point (resized).jpg
    tumblr_0f060e3acd1e5f67c130457429198598_d6e693ce_540.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    d1t0fd1-1c35f715-e3af-40cb-8e00-be0e1a26dce8 (resized).jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2c1a (resized).jpeg
    unpop (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmore-pinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#468 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

The Jurassic Park home pin is a really fun game.

Don't think that's an unpopular opinion at all
    probably a better pin than LZ
    but the tiny screen on homepins is absurd, they must be saving $15

2 weeks later
    #480 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't feel bad. I still hate TZ.

Agree

#482 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ryguy80:

Medieval Madness and Attack from Mars don't do anything for me. I get the appeal of MM, but I find AFM to be grossly overrated. The playfield layout is horrendous.

Thought the same thing, until I brought one home and played it a lot ..... and then a lot more

#490 2 years ago
    Quoted from joemagiera:

Agree 100%.
    What is the big knock on Revenge From Mars by the general pinball group? "gee, all you have to do is bash the center". What is the strategy on Attack From Mars? BASH THE CENTER! Yet RFM doesn't get much (if any) respect, and AFM is revered.

AFM is more than bash the center but it does have simple rules that are easy to figure out, it's a great mix in a collection with pins like JP that have super dense rule sets. It's always a favorite of guests that come over

#539 2 years ago

Curling is an absurd game and should not even be called a sport

#540 2 years ago

I don't correct people's grammar, but it does drive me nuts

Double negative = positive
    "I don't want none" actually means that you do want some

also
    "I could care less" means you have more room for less caring
    vs when you are out of cares and you "Could not care less"

#549 2 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

I've curled and it is a blast and very much a sport. I'm sure some curlers are saying similar things about pinball.

Looks like it's a blast and lots of fun - not a sport
    pinball, also not a sport - Pinballers definitely not athletes

#559 2 years ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

I don't know about you but dropping down to one knee for any prolonged period of time, or sweeping a broom for that matter, both seem pretty physical to me.

I'll let my maid know she is a great athlete and excels at her sport

#566 2 years ago
    Quoted from chris_p:

Athletes in the sport of pinball are featured in TRADING CARDS. Pinball Cards are JUST LIKE Baseball Cards.
    We are working on being included in the 2024 Olympics - the only Olympic Sport to allow alcohol, tobacco, weed, greasy food and poor personal hygiene while competing. PinGulp (official Sponsor of the 2024 Olympics) will be proudly displayed. Mods are a controversy - will Cliffy's be allowed?[quoted image][quoted image]

ok, who is actually buying pinball trading cards except for their kids?
    society has jumped the shark

2 weeks later
    #660 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

I can't smoke or use drugs due to medical issues.

I can't either but it's mostly due to common sense

#672 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ryguy80:

people pricing pins ridiculously more than market value

Isn't Market Value = What the market/buyer is willing to pay - or what the market values something
    So since the pins are selling at these arguably high prices, they are not actually priced over market value
    There are always a few outliers high and low, but for the most part these high priced pins are selling

1 week later
    #695 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

you cant fix stupid

100% and I have done my best to try.
    The major problem with stupid is lack of recognition and acceptance of the problem

#699 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ryguy80:

The 1980s and 1990s were the two greatest decades in American history.

and the 2020's have started off to be one of the worst

#718 2 years ago
    Quoted from unclerudy:

Bitcoin..... Every person who sold who made money because someone else lost out. ......

Ummmm ... not an accurate statement at all
    Don't even have to know about crypto to know that statement is illogical

#725 2 years ago

EM's are just really boring
    I liked them growing up when it was the only game in town, but these days it's impossible for me to enjoy them

#727 2 years ago
    Quoted from galore2112:

Selling above MSRP can always be justified if market conditions allow.
    Your reasoning though is problematic because our economic system doesn’t really care if the distributor “has bills to pay”. I certainly don’t care how much the distributors makes or doesn’t make. It’s none of my business and if (s)he makes out like a bandit, good for her/him. If the distributor’s revenue is bad due to shortages, well, tough luck. Everyone has their own struggles.
    If the market supports higher prices than MSRP, the MSRP is too low and the manufacturer should raise the MSRP. Why should Stern leave money on the table? To keep a distributor in business? Well, to a certain extent, yes, if that distributor is truly adding value to Stern’s business. But that’s up to Stern’s strategy people. Maybe it’s time to just sell direct? Or raise MSRP to a point that optimizes both Stern’s (or JJP etc.) profit while keeping distributors, if needed, happy.
    But just saying “they deserve to sell above MSRP *because* they have few products to sell” sounds ultra entitled.

MSRP is only a suggestion, it's right there in the name

1 week later
    #756 2 years ago
    Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Playing pinball with the sound off helps make you a better player.

Pinball sucks without the sound,
    I don't enjoy it as much on location when I can't hear the music and call outs

#764 2 years ago

The TWIPYs are unwatchable

#776 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Here’s another unpopular opinion :
    Dipshits downvote a comment in an Unpopular Opinion thread. I mean, fucking duh.

because it was not just an unpopular opinion, it was a nasty hateful comment

#779 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I could keep going. Some fellas make it too easy.

Rule #1 of being a human - Don't be an asshole

#792 2 years ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I hate Batman 66. I hate it. I hate it with a passion. I want to tip it over every time I see one.
    I'm happy for this thread. I have held this back for years and I can finally let it out.

You're only "passionately proud to be an American" when the guy you like is the President? IMO being an American is great, no matter who is in charge. I guess we're different.

BM66 is probably one of my favorite pinball themes, but I just can't get into the game and I really want to like it

1 week later
    #833 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

That's how I still have several massive DVD binders full of copied movies and how I had damn near every PS2 game ever made.

So you are admitting to criminal activity?

#843 2 years ago

I would love to see what Multimorphic could do with their engineering skills if they got rid of the PF screen and made a "normal" pin

2 weeks later
    #897 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

I think without choosing sides on a topic the freedom to post should not include the freedom to lie or make shit up.who decides whats a lie is the slippery slope.

If you want to prohibit people from posting "lies and made up shit", then you will need actual people to decide what's a lie

#898 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Yep.
    I believe everyone should read a newspaper or two, and not get their news from cable or television. Ah, the days of a Sunday paper and coffee on a porch.

yeah, becuase there is no bias in print media

1 week later
    #937 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Let's get this thread back on track.
    I find it difficult to listen to most women on pinball podcasts. (Is is that not an unpopular opinion?)

I would just say - It's difficult to listen to most pinball podcasts in general

#941 1 year ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Let's just say it's difficult to listen to podcasts.

disagree, there are some very good ones

1 week later
    #1032 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Black is not a color and neither is white.

Recalling what I learned in science,
    Black is the absence of all color
    White is all colors

#1035 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

Color is our perception of certain wavelengths of radiation. The rods and cones in our eyes contain chromophores which convert light into electrical impulses transmitted to the visual cortex of our brains.
    Color only exists in our minds

reality only exists in our minds ....

2 weeks later
    #1062 1 year ago

I still think Stern LE's are joke - same exact game as the Prem. with some lipstick and without a topper
    At least JJP added something mechanical to the CE

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmore-pinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unpopular-opinion-thread?tu=bmore-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.