Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,153 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cait001
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Come on, we're late! (resized).jpeg
    images.jpeg-2 (resized).jpg
    dvds-what-year (resized).jpg
    big-lebowski-the-dude.gif
    giphy.gif
    1445475145-0 (resized).jpg
    29SCI-ANGLERFISH2-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600 (resized).jpg
    thats-the-point (resized).jpg
    tumblr_0f060e3acd1e5f67c130457429198598_d6e693ce_540.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    d1t0fd1-1c35f715-e3af-40cb-8e00-be0e1a26dce8 (resized).jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2c1a (resized).jpeg
    unpop (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigguybbr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#312 2 years ago

I hate when people say “Mod” when they mean “Decorate”.

If you aren’t saying you modded your Christmas tree, stop saying you modded your pinball machine.

#316 2 years ago

Both the Soprano's and Game of Thrones were a complete waste of time. People only watched because of FOMO.

*edit ...and nudity*

#331 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

Both the Soprano's and Game of Thrones were a complete waste of time. People only watched because of FOMO.
    *edit ...and nudity*

Three down votes. I’m winning at unpopular opinions!

#337 2 years ago
    Quoted from MacGruber:

Putting mylar in your shooter lane isn't going to save shit so quit using it as a selling point in your 15k for sale ad!

Taking this a step further: Making a stink about having a pristine shooter lane, when compared to any other part of the game, it makes the least difference.

#339 2 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

That started as a joke about 10 years ago.
    Funny to watch it become “an actual thing” that people do these days.
    When I’m buying a game, I doubt I’ve ever looked at the shooter lane. Least of anyone’s problems!
    rd

Almost every ad for a HUO machine has a zoomed in picture of the shooter lane. I never understood it.

3 weeks later
    #460 2 years ago

The Jurassic Park home pin is a really fun game.

#471 2 years ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:

Squid Games is a shitty show and terribly overrated.

Ohhh that deserves a down vote. Good one!

1 week later
    #475 2 years ago
    Quoted from OriginalFresh:

This is the second weekend in a row that I have tried to enjoy Godzilla and it is not clicking with me. Played it at a couple different locations just to see if it was set up differently…. Not fun at either location.

Games are weird. Hated AIQ the first 10 or so times I played it. Now I’m really into it

#499 2 years ago
    Quoted from StoneyCreek:

most of the events in the winter olympics are boring as hell.

Curling should be a prime time sporting event.

#506 2 years ago
    Quoted from AntennaMan:

It could be made even more interesting if each team was required to consist of ex-spouses.

It would be more interesting if each team were litigants in small claims court, and the match determined the verdict.

#511 2 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I have played routed games that were immaculate and HUO games that were trashed.
    It all depends on how good they look currently.

#Truth

I picked up a routed GOTG pro that was filthy. A little novus 2 and it looks and plays as good as new save for standard dimpling. New Stern playfields hold up better than they are often given credit for.

#513 2 years ago
    Quoted from KingVidiot:

Stated and upvoted with confidence on behalf of pinside’s resident climate experts

They’ve done their own research…

0952764A-CCAC-470D-A86B-40C7928493E4 (resized).jpeg0952764A-CCAC-470D-A86B-40C7928493E4 (resized).jpeg
    #517 2 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

You guys missed my point.

Bruh. I got your point. We’re cool

#543 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Modern Family is just Arrested Development for the less intelligent.

They should never have brought back arrested development. The netflix episodes were rough to watch

1 month later
    #758 2 years ago
    Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Playing pinball with the sound off helps make you a better player.

The Hawkeye challenge shot on AIQ is a little tougher without sound

1 week later
    #775 1 year ago

I think all of my downvotes are from this thread because I made fun of game of thrones.

1 week later
    #837 1 year ago
    Quoted from astro_judge:

Now I'm curious, though.. which shots do you remove from each Elwin game?
    IM - Super Jackpot dead-end? The double loops are too central to the game, so the small one has gotta stay
    JP - One of the side flipper shots? The Helipad? Don't have as much experience with this game, to be honest
    AIQ - Likely something on the right side: Captain Marvel or Ant-Man?
    GZ - Godzilla Wallop / Reverse Building shot. Likely a necessary evil due to the Building and Magna-Grab design, but it doesn't really cramp the playfield much. This one feels too easy -- especially since the game barely even considers it a "shot" already

AIQ - Remove the lockdown bar button. It's the most confusing implementation of any game. I never know when to use it.

DP - Boom button - Makes sense
    GOTG - Hadron Enforcer - Makes sense
    TMNT - Pizza Eating Contest - Makes sense
    AIQ - I must have slept through the class required to make sense of it. WTF

1 week later
    #866 1 year ago

I played it on location yesterday and it always leaves me scratching my head why people go nuts for it.

Tron Legacy isn't John Borg's best work. Almost every game he had made since is better (Metallica, Iron Man, TWD, GOTG, TMNT, etc)

The game play isn't great (it's not terrible), the movie it is based on wasn't good (51% on Rotten Tomatoes), and will likely never get vaulted because costs associated with the license and porting it over an 11 year old SAM game to the Spike 2 platform.

If it was based on the original movie, and not as created as part of the media promotion campaign for the sequel, it might be a different story.

2 weeks later
    #962 1 year ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

That rarely happens with modern pins.

Until you play Deadpool. Best original music in a modern pin.

Stern has even made it available for download here
    https://sternpinball.com/deadpool-album/

#964 1 year ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

The track "Boom" is literally stock music with lyrics... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-movies-or-tv-shows-name-a-game-you-have-seen-in-the-background/page/62#post-6470880
    Best original music in a modern pin is definitely the TNA soundtrack. Black Knight: Sword of Rage is also pretty good though it's not my cup of tea.

I think your argument that the songs get stuck in your head is more a reflection of the technology at the time. Games weren’t playing 12 different songs like a modern pin. They had fewer tracks with more repeating, creating the ear worm affect. Dungeons and Dragons is my favorite classic pin music, but it gets repetitive after a while.

And yes boom is original lyrics over stock music (still a good tune), but DP also has disco tracks, a county and western track, a polka, etc. It’s a pretty cool and unique sound package.

#988 1 year ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Lol, that vanilla rant is a 71 days old post.

I was gonna say, resurrecting the dead

1 week later
    #1033 1 year ago

Color is our perception of certain wavelengths of radiation. The rods and cones in our eyes contain chromophores which convert light into electrical impulses transmitted to the visual cortex of our brains.

Color only exists in our minds

#1036 1 year ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

reality only exists in our minds ....

big-lebowski-the-dude.gifbig-lebowski-the-dude.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigguybbr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unpopular-opinion-thread?tu=bigguybbr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.