Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,153 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cait001
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Come on, we're late! (resized).jpeg
    images.jpeg-2 (resized).jpg
    dvds-what-year (resized).jpg
    big-lebowski-the-dude.gif
    giphy.gif
    1445475145-0 (resized).jpg
    29SCI-ANGLERFISH2-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600 (resized).jpg
    thats-the-point (resized).jpg
    tumblr_0f060e3acd1e5f67c130457429198598_d6e693ce_540.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    d1t0fd1-1c35f715-e3af-40cb-8e00-be0e1a26dce8 (resized).jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2c1a (resized).jpeg
    unpop (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#106 2 years ago

Oh fun, let's see...

-Even though I'm starting to enjoy some newer games (JP Prem might be one of the best games ever made) - I still like the DMD era more. I love the wide ratio & style of a classic DMD, especially with ColorDMD. Just screams "pinball"...dots are a visual language that's uniquely retro & "pinball".

-Tournaments are boring, and hardcore tournament players often just really weird me out.

-Jpop & Deerpoop were untenable scams headed for destruction from day 1. (This view is now popular, but I was often insulted & threatened for having it)

-Goatf***ers is the worst game ever made. I know many silently agree with me...they don't want the heat that I got for this opinion.

-Color matching LEDs to inserts is stupid & looks bad. Inserts already HAVE color. Temperature match, don't color match...except pink/purple...those look hot with a pink LED under them.

-Stern's Rolling Stones, CSI, and NBA are pretty fun!

-Pinstadiums suck.

-Most mods are tasteless and clutter up a game, often not matching the game's style or intended visual cues.

-Pros are for Hoes.

#110 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Starting to see a theme here. Now I know why ya'll hate me....you suck at pinball!

I rule & would win every tournament...I just don't want to bother wasting all of that time & being around pinball nerds with angry jock energy.

#125 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Talking about competitions:
    People that wear headphones/listen to music during competitions/tourneys are fucking asshats.
    I came to socialize and enjoy pinball. You listening to some shit, not interacting with your fellow competitors AT ALL, and raging out-loud, alone, at an even higher volume due-to not being able to hear yourself is a major turn off.
    Brought Mermink to her first tourney and she got stuck in a group of 3 dudes all listening to music who didn’t say a word other than swearing and rage tilting. TD’s need to either ban it, or put people who want to live in their own bubble in groups together, so the normal pinball people can have fun!

Yeah, I was at a regular non-tourney house pin party, and one of those headphone guys was there. Screaming, raging, yelling - generally making everyone uncomfortable. Most just kept a distance. If he moved to a game next to you, ya just walked away. Massive level of self unawareness with the angry headphone players.

#133 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Well only a handful of downvotes thru 2 pages so that's a good sign

In the spirit of the thread, I’ll delete mine - but damn, normally what Frax said about about JP would be unforgivable.

#135 2 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

*ahem* Your opinions are wrong and this thread is dumb!!
    (how's that for "unpopular"?)

That actually seems to be the popular opinion, usually lol

#182 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

pot......kettle....

Please don't cut my quote so that it's out of context so that you can then insult me.

I said "pinball nerds with angry jock energy". I'm a nerd. I'm a pinball nerd. I wouldn't deny that. As a nerd, the jock is my natural enemy. I don't like to see angry jock vibes in my nerd hobby. I'll happily hang out with pinball nerds with chill vibes.

There is zero "pot/kettle" in anything I said.

Thank you.

#195 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

If you don't think you exude that same type of aura when you go off on a tirade....

Internet tirades about nerd shit are classic nerd territory. Totally different than competitive physical rage & in person screaming

Quoted from Frax:

*edit* Oh, and I've totally said that Stern Jurassic Park is a POS many places on Pinside, at league when anyone picks it as well, and will keep saying it.

So you don't actually believe this? It's just schtick? Cuz, yeah...I don't understand how anyone could think a God Tier perfect game like JP is a POS.

#205 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I'm willing to have an open mind, so if someone wants to bring their personal JP over to my house, leave it for a few weeks so I can get a good thorough feel for it

Hopefully someone will do that. It's so amazing.

Quoted from Frax:

I hate the stupid car mech blocking the smart missile shot,

That's what makes that shot so amazingly satisfying when you hit it. You have to have absolutely precision aim. I love it. Feels so good to hit the lockdown bar to "Invalid?" & then nail it to get that rare "ah-ah-ah" Multiball.

Quoted from Frax:

Keith designed a game for himself and got lucky that anyone else gives a damn about it, and without the JP license attached, it's the absolute worst of a set of games from the guy that designed Iron Maiden, AIQ, and Godzilla.

It's my favorite of the four! I almost bought an AIQ, but then was like "why would I play this when I could keep playing JP more?". I'd sell Godzilla before JP. I'd sell Godzilla before Rick & Morty...BOOM, back on track for the unpopular opinion thread! LOL

#206 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

The Chicago Coin remakes of Attack from Mars that I have played all play like shit compared to the original.

People who call "Chicago Gaming Company" "Chicago Coin" should get temporary thread bans to reflect on what they've done.

#209 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Really.....GZ would go before R&M huh....I haven't had a chance to play either, watched a bunch of footage of both, and the R&M playfield just looks so...so....bland to me. Theme goes a long way on that one of course, but that layout just looks so vanilla. It reminds me of 80's games for some reason.

Well, we all know that games are more than just their layout in a vacuum. R&M is totally 80's style, but with modern flavor...I loved TNA, so I knew I'd love it. The theme, music, callouts, rules, color FX, etc. all just gel together perfectly. It's a chaos game...hard to control...but chaos works with that theme so well. Some can't hang with it tho...different strokes/different folks. For me, it's bolted!

GZ is awesome...but if I was making choices to whittle down or mix things up...I'd keep JP Prem for my Elwin fix.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unpopular-opinion-thread?tu=Rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.