Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,153 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cait001
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Come on, we're late! (resized).jpeg
    images.jpeg-2 (resized).jpg
    dvds-what-year (resized).jpg
    big-lebowski-the-dude.gif
    giphy.gif
    1445475145-0 (resized).jpg
    29SCI-ANGLERFISH2-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600 (resized).jpg
    thats-the-point (resized).jpg
    tumblr_0f060e3acd1e5f67c130457429198598_d6e693ce_540.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    d1t0fd1-1c35f715-e3af-40cb-8e00-be0e1a26dce8 (resized).jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2c1a (resized).jpeg
    unpop (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DanQverymuch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#659 2 years ago

Okay, gloves off...

Video pins, be they on a phone, a tablet, a computer or a full size virtual pin, are 97% as much fun as "real" pinball, without the breakdowns, the cost, or all the space they take up! (And I have 14 of the damned things. I prefer real myself, but I use both.)

Ketchup belongs on hot dogs. In Germany, they even have a special wurst with ketchup right in the name, Ketwurst! You gonna argue with Germans about wurst? (Brats are the best, though.)
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketwurst

Pinball is more fun when you forget about formal competition. Gravity is the true adversary!

If Spooky had made more than 750, and if the games weren't delivered needing a long laundry list of tweaks (which tanked a ton of early ratings), Rick & Morty would be a strong contender for the top ten. It's numero uno in my opinion. WELDED to the floor.

The current sentiment of "anything goes" regarding hairstyles is idiotic.

But at least hair grows back. Covering large areas of one's body in bad art is far worse. Looks like partial death to me. I feel like a maverick, having no shaved areas of my scalp and exactly zero tats.

One should need a prescription to get tobacco products. What a sad accident of history that crap is.

3 weeks later
    #739 2 years ago

I thought I was
    The Bally table king <==============
    But I just handed
    My pinball crown to him
    Even on my favorite table <===============
    He can beat my best
    His disciples lead him in
    And he just does the rest
    He's got crazy flipper fingers
    Never seen him fall
    That deaf, dumb and blind kid
    Sure plays a mean pinball

Besides, it resembles a "table" a lot more than it does a "machine." And, machines perform work, which is the opposite of the function of a game!

(Although, that Who song's premise is ludicrous. A deaf and blind person could not possibly excel at pinball.)

4 weeks later
    #865 2 years ago
    20220204_161438 (resized).jpg20220204_161438 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #908 1 year ago

Scooby Doo?

Scooby don't.

1 week later
    #924 1 year ago

I can count on one hand the number of minutes I have listened to any pinball podcast, genders notwithstanding. What a waste of time.

Oops, found this still in the post draft, shoulda hit Send Post before:

Quoted from pinsanity:

None of the Peanuts comic strips are amusing in any way.

Peanuts is a laff riot compared to many others.

At least we have, thanks to the Intertoobz, "Marmaduke Explained" and "Dysfunctional Family Circus" to inject actual humor into those two. I do suppose Peanuts could use the same treatment in a majority of cases.

But why try, when nothing will ever top Calvin and Hobbes?

#928 1 year ago
    Quoted from RTS:

Calvin and Hobbes was great.
    Although not technically a strip, The Far Side set the gold standard for a printed comic.

Meh. Yes, it's not a strip. It's also primarily weird, punny, and not much else, which was fine as far as that goes, but C&H was not only often hilarious but was also heartwarming in a way that those "cute" strips could only hope to be.

How would one describe what The Far Side was about? See? It's all throwaway gags. Calvin and Hobbes made you care. Several single panel comics still exist as imitations of TFS, but I know of no strip that comes close to the magic of C&H. If any do, I'd love to hear about it.

#939 1 year ago

There are a few podcasts made by real life entertainers that I listen to occasionally, usually while doing chores. Comedians, mostly, but Alan Alda's casts are intriguing.

However, I can't imagine being so immersed in pinball that I would even contemplate having any interest whatsoever in hearing Joe Pinball babble on about pinball. I'd sooner spend an afternoon playing Stare At The Sun, or listening to Yoko Ono's Greatest Hits on repeat.

For you guys that spend all day working on pins, I guess it would make good background noise.

1 week later
    #1013 1 year ago

From what I read, the young hooligans must have been told by judges that they can join the Marines to avoid conviction on minor offenses, with the expectation that being in the service will straighten them out. But even back then they didn't hand out the option of prison or service to someone who was convicted of anything substantial. The hand raisers were "headed towards prison," not convicts.

#1031 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Black is not a color and neither is white.

Do you mean physics-wise, or that neither correctly describes anyone's skin color? An argument can be made for either.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DanQverymuch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unpopular-opinion-thread?tu=DanQverymuch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.