Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,153 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cait001
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Come on, we're late! (resized).jpeg
    images.jpeg-2 (resized).jpg
    dvds-what-year (resized).jpg
    big-lebowski-the-dude.gif
    giphy.gif
    1445475145-0 (resized).jpg
    29SCI-ANGLERFISH2-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600 (resized).jpg
    thats-the-point (resized).jpg
    tumblr_0f060e3acd1e5f67c130457429198598_d6e693ce_540.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    d1t0fd1-1c35f715-e3af-40cb-8e00-be0e1a26dce8 (resized).jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2c1a (resized).jpeg
    unpop (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 24.
    #1 2 years ago

I'll go first. As much as I LOVE the theme I feel Funhouse has the most boring Lawlor design. Want to get the ball to your upper left flipper? Don't shoot it through the pops, shoot the lock shot, it's a much safer and you can hit the side shots better. Theres no reason to target the right side of the playfield at all. Lawlor, much love, but thank god for Rudy- without him the game would be a snoozefest.

#2 2 years ago

Never been a massive FH fan

#3 2 years ago

WWE isn’t a bad game.

Agree FH is overrated, so is CC.

Hobbit is JJPs best game.

I prefer original orange plasma displays (AN and DMD) to LED or color screen replacements.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from Thermionic:

WWE isn’t a bad game.
    Agree FH is overrated, so is CC.
    Hobbit is JJPs best game.
    I prefer original orange plasma displays (AN and DMD) to LED or color screen replacements.

I agree with you on all points except Hobbit..my fav JJP is another unpopular opinion... WOZ.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from truemagoo102:

I agree with you on all points except Hobbit..my fav JJP is another unpopular opinion... WOZ.

Can’t go wrong with WOZ either, I give a slight nod to Hobbit mainly because I’m a sucker for drop targets, lol.

#6 2 years ago

Wonka is a great playing JJP, if JJP flippers weren’t total trash then that game would be perfect.

Unpopular opinion? Zombie Yeti is awesome but I’d like to see a greater variety. Someone said Stern is holding him back, if so they need to give Jeremy more creative freedom. Look at Magic Girl and the concept of Alice In Wonderland, the artwork looks incredible!

#7 2 years ago

How about these 3:

I like EMs.
    I generally prefer multiplayer EMs to single-player EMs.
    I generally prefer Williams EMs.

#8 2 years ago

The blue and black dress is actually white and gold.

#9 2 years ago

Pinball machines are a necessity, not a luxury.

#10 2 years ago

Please don't kill me for saying this but:

JJP Guns N Roses isn't fun.

Star Wars The Pin is the best Star Wars pinball machine.

Pinsound ruins the vibe of most games - you can't beat the original soundtrack.

#11 2 years ago

Is that unpopular?
    I think most people would say WOZ or POTC is their best.

WOZ was also a hobby-defining game changer for pinball.

#12 2 years ago

Spooky's games are subpar at best and overpriced. Hyped and elevated to an undeserved level.

#13 2 years ago

Houdini. top 50 game all time

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from cnuts13:

I'm right there with you. It is HEAVILY underrated.

It has everything: shots, depth, toys/gimmicks, great lighting, nice call outs and animations, it's built like a tank, good artwork, and a theme I really like.

It is so unique, that it would fit in any collection of any size.

#15 2 years ago

Most, if not all, Stern games released the last 10-15 years are super bright, super flashy, super plastic, super milked licenses with little imagination and have very little soul. They don't stand a chance against the classic 90s games regarding pure, simple fun.

#16 2 years ago

MM is overrated and not a Top 5 pin.

Beatles is very underrated with a great total package that’s fun to shoot.

#17 2 years ago

Twilight Zone is boring. If my choices are playing it or nothing at all, I choose nothing. But, my favorite designer is still Pat Lawler.

#18 2 years ago

Unpopular?

JJ GNR is terrible.

Addams Fam, snore fest.

Hobbit is aggrivating and not rewarding enough.

Pharoah is surprisingly challenging, but the art is crap.

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from loneranger:

Quoted from pb456:

Unpopular?
    JJ GNR is terrible.

Truer words have never been spoken. What the hell is that mess all about?

#20 2 years ago

Toy Story CEs will not sell out in 4 mins or end up with people who want to flip it for $$$ or whatever...

#21 2 years ago

1. ACDC has a dull and repetitive ruleset.

2. Hobbit is JJP's best game with what may be the best use of license assets in pinball along with the deepest coded ruleset in pinball.

3. JJP Pirates has the dullest main modes (the chapter modes) in modern pinball due to a lack of licensed assets and only ever hearing one voice for callouts.

4. The most annoying mode in pinball may be Twilight's Zone Clock Chaos mode with the obnoxious "Pop Goes the Weasel" song.

#22 2 years ago

I despise avocados.

#23 2 years ago

Of all the rock band pins made, Beatles is the most fun.

#24 2 years ago

Addams family lasted a month at my house before I was bored to tears. Overpriced and overhyped.

#25 2 years ago

We need more pinball bubble threads.

#26 2 years ago

The most fun pinball games were made from 1978-1982. Pure pinball bliss. Original themes, creative layouts, and focus on points and bonus, no modes and stacking this with that. It was classic pinball at its best. Paragon, Quicksilver, Eight Ball Deluxe are all games that are insanely fun and have incredible replay value. They just don’t get old.

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from loneranger:

AHEM.

I agree on GnR, if I wanted that much multiball I would have never sold Spring Break.

20210217_170633 (resized).jpg20210217_170633 (resized).jpg

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from cnuts13:

We hated the stop and go nature of the game.

#29 2 years ago

Deep code is not required for a great pinball experience at home.

#31 2 years ago

Laser Cue is a underrated pin!

#32 2 years ago

Stern's Jurassic Park is not fun.

#33 2 years ago

Black Knight Sword of Rage is more fun to flip than The Hobbit

#34 2 years ago

I don't like screens on back boxes. The animation is bad, the movie clips repetitive, It's distracting and I never know whats going on.
    The music on Willie Wonka makes my ass chop stove wood. Great example of all of the above screen issues.
    Those Ghosts that come up on EHOH are annoying, I really dislike a couple of them.
    Stern ruined the dream of a proper Beatles pin for me, something died.
    Stranger Things played exactly like I thought it would. The ball is doing something back there, now its doing something over here? Why is that big dark screen in the way?
    Wow, a Led Zeppelin pin! I'll play a game! OK, moving on!

#35 2 years ago

Addams Family is overrated. I totally agree. Not a bad pin but not top 20 for me at all

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

We hated the stop and go nature of the game.

I like it. Ive had many steve ritchie games. Houdini is different style and pace

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Is that unpopular?
    I think most people would say WOZ or POTC is their best.
    WOZ was also a hobby-defining game changer for pinball.

All my local friends *HATE* WOZ - and to their point I get it, we had it at our local bar for a year or two and it wasn't a particularly good playing example. The theme for me though is just incredible and has many unique concepts in one game. It does have the issue I have with all JJP games though... a lot of flipping with a convoluted "end goal" which sometimes just happens, you have no idea why, or how you got there.

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from loneranger:

Pinsound ruins the vibe of most games - you can't beat the original soundtrack.

I agree with you on the Pinsound point- EXCEPT Data East games. Something about the soundcard they used... really grinds my gears.

#39 2 years ago

Dialed in is one of the best themes in last 30 years. Hahaha ok i dont actually believe that — but— I do think it’s one of the most fun games I’ve played. Over and over. I keep trying to get all the dialed In letters.. it’s just addicting

#40 2 years ago

I'll piggyback on that and say I like the DI theme just fine.

#41 2 years ago

Oktoberfest is a great game.

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Dialed in is one of the best themes in last 30 years. Hahaha ok i dont actually believe that — but— I do think it’s one of the most fun games I’ve played. Over and over. I keep trying to get all the dialed In letters.. it’s just addicting

I have a theory that the original title for the game was supposed to be "Breaking News" as it is mentioned in the game and fits the actual theme perfectly.

Obviously they went with Dialed-In because it was a pinball pun and fit with the "phone" screen they were adding to the game. However over the few years I owned the game it became apparent the real soul is Pat taking the piss out of the modern news cycle in a light-hearted way.

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

I have a theory that the original title for the game was supposed to be "Breaking News" as it is mentioned in the game and fits the actual theme perfectly.
    Obviously they went with Dialed-In because it was a pinball pun and fit with the "phone" screen they were adding to the game. However over the few years I owned the game it became apparent the real soul is Pat taking the piss out of the modern news cycle in a light-hearted way.

I like that title.. the news feeds are hilarious

#44 2 years ago

ToTAN is one of my favorite games and will be one of the last to ever go. I think the sound package perfectly compliments the theme and gameplay, and though not the deepest game in the world, most would agree it's a beautiful machine. I always look forward to playing it.

#45 2 years ago

The best early solid state games are better than any modern games

#46 2 years ago

Shaq is a lot of fun. Really.

#47 2 years ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

Wasn't the original art like a cheesy black and white disaster movie? (Hence the spider value and such) I'd love to see how it got so mangled as a concept. If they kept it as a disaster movie (like GZ) I think it would have sold way more games. It's a shame, cuz it's a great shooting game.

#48 2 years ago

Playing on location generally sucks unless you are at a “museum” or arcade dedicated to pinball

And

BTTF is a really fun pin. Simple but it’s fun.

And

Deep code is overrated. I don’t want to play 1 game for an hour.

#49 2 years ago

I agree with you on the Pinsound point- EXCEPT Data East games. Something about the soundcard they used... really grinds my gears.

Pinsound with the reorchestrations on IJ absolutely transform the game. I don't think there's any other game that is more improved by that card.

#50 2 years ago

When it comes to women, 9 times out of 10, the thrill of the chase is more fun than the conquest.

From what I remember, anyways.

There are 1,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 24.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unpopular-opinion-thread?hl=greenandwhite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.