Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,153 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cait001
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Come on, we're late! (resized).jpeg
    images.jpeg-2 (resized).jpg
    dvds-what-year (resized).jpg
    big-lebowski-the-dude.gif
    giphy.gif
    1445475145-0 (resized).jpg
    29SCI-ANGLERFISH2-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600 (resized).jpg
    thats-the-point (resized).jpg
    tumblr_0f060e3acd1e5f67c130457429198598_d6e693ce_540.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    d1t0fd1-1c35f715-e3af-40cb-8e00-be0e1a26dce8 (resized).jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2c1a (resized).jpeg
    unpop (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 24.
    #401 2 years ago

Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings films are a horrible bastardization of one of the finest works of creative literature. They are virtually unwatchable.

The pinball machine based on those films is simply a chore. I have walked away, mid-ball, with earned credits on the clock, just to get away from it.

#402 2 years ago

I hate the term “Man Cave”, especially when people use it to describe my home arcade, which I try very hard to make appeal to all ages and genders.

#403 2 years ago

I'd rather watch paint dry,than watch the TV show Oak Island .

#404 2 years ago
    Quoted from zombywoof:

Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings films are a horrible bastardization of one of the finest works of creative literature. They are virtually unwatchable.
    The pinball machine based on those films is simply a chore. I have walked away, mid-ball, with earned credits on the clock, just to get away from it.

I couldn’t agree more with all of this

#405 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Lots of games have the free ball save if nothing is hit going for the skill shot. Whirlwind and RZ come to mind. Although it's hard not to hit anything on whirlwind

My whirlwind has zero ballsave. I thought that's just how it was.. maybe i should check the settings oh ya, i can't check. Pulled a 2A fuse out of it to troubleshoot Dolly *note to self, grab 2A fuses tomorrow!

#406 2 years ago

10+10 & 11+11 are the same thing

#407 2 years ago

Incandescent > LED

#408 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

My whirlwind has zero ballsave.

Try plunging and don't hit anything and it will give you your ball back. No setting for it.

#409 2 years ago

Band themed pins are like those music tooth brushes for kids but instead of paying 12.00 dollars you pay 10k.

#410 2 years ago

I can't stand Adele songs and her voice sounds like someone being tortured at the bottom of a well. There, I said it!

#411 2 years ago

I think the biker axiom of “loud pipes save lives “ is just an excuse to be obnoxiously loud for attention and while I get they’re nervous about some dipshit on their phone, they’re some of the most reckless people on the road.

#412 2 years ago
    Quoted from spinout:

I can't stand Adele songs and her voice sounds like someone being tortured at the bottom of a well. There, I said it!

More like a cat being strangled, but yeah...I'm right there with ya'.

#413 2 years ago
    Quoted from John-Floyd:

Pink Floyd would be the ultimate Rock pin

Pink Floyd is the only rock pin I would consider.

#414 2 years ago

Stern releasing new pins amidst a back order of previously announced pins due to supply chain issues will cause the pin buying craze/bubble to burst. Feels like a wreckless business model.

#415 2 years ago

I think the moderators should ban ads reading "I'm thinking of selling my ___________ pin."

#416 2 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

I think the moderators should ban ads reading "I'm thinking of selling my __________ pin."

I see what ya did there

#417 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I think the biker axiom of “loud pipes save lives “ is just an excuse to be obnoxiously loud for attention and while I get they’re nervous about some dipshit on their phone, they’re some of the most reckless people on the road.

I don't understand why they don't get ticketed when a car that loud would. You can make motorcycles quiet, too.

And we don't need to hear you blasting Sweet Home Alabama at every light.

#418 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

More like a cat being strangled, but yeah...I'm right there with ya'.

I'd take Adele over Billie Eilish anyday...

#419 2 years ago

I agree with JK Rowling

#420 2 years ago
    Quoted from truemagoo102:

I'd take Adele over Billie Eilish anyday...

Ugh...don't make it a competition. They both suck. Where do we go when we fall asleep? Listen to Billie Eyelash's CD to find out...

#421 2 years ago

LCD screens are the most overrated “advancement” in pinball history.

#422 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Ugh...don't make it a competition.

You guys are competing for most popular opinions in an unpopular opinions thread

#423 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

You guys are competing for most popular opinions in an unpopular opinions thread

I'm sorry. I was baited.

#424 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Alpha numeric displays are better. Now if you were to do a video game pinball hybrid, play your way through video and pinball modes tied up in a single arch

Or team up someone takes care of the pinball while your teammate takes care of the video game stuff.

#426 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Lol yup. And the greatest “advancement “ is when some programmer decided to allow you to hit both flippers to cut the shit and get back to the game.

#427 2 years ago

Using Rush members as voice actors was a bad idea. Callouts sound uninspired and borderline sarcastic. Watching the reveal I'm getting flashbacks to 24 and Chloe's "Jackpahht..." WHERE'S CHRIS GRANNER WHEN WE NEED HIM?

#428 2 years ago

Most casuals don’t know wtf to do with a button on the lockdown bar and randomly mash it like a monkey.
    Most games would be better off without one.
    7FF5C606-CCF2-446D-9BD6-72156B523788 (resized).jpeg7FF5C606-CCF2-446D-9BD6-72156B523788 (resized).jpeg

#429 2 years ago

PayPal Invoice is NOT the devil

#430 2 years ago

Superbands >>>>>>> Titan

#431 2 years ago

Rubber>>>>>>>>>>Superbands/Titan

#432 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Rubber>>>>>>>>>>Superbands/Titan

Educate me my friend. Like literal rubber “bands” ?? Where do I option such things ?

#433 2 years ago

I used to love Superbands. Then I tried Titans.

(Full disclosure: As good as they are, they do have a higher tendency to snap around tight corners than Perfect Plays from PBL do...)

#434 2 years ago

Tried them all.
    Standard rubber please!
    Unpopular opinion.

#435 2 years ago
    Quoted from AvngRHulk:

PayPal Invoice is NOT the devil

You aren’t fooling me IRS!!

#436 2 years ago

Try before you buy is over rated imo.

#437 2 years ago

Replacing incandescents with LEDs, then adding an LED OCD board to make them look like incandescents makes no sense. Especially for home games that are only on for limited periods of time.

#438 2 years ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:

Educate me my friend. Like literal rubber “bands” ?? Where do I option such things ?

White Rubber from Marco.
    I can't find any advantage for fake bands other than color selection...which is of course gross.

#439 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

White Rubber from Marco.
    I can't find any advantage for fake bands other than color selection...which is of course gross.

I’ve been curious about this. I see things advertised as feeling like real rubbers. So just use real rubbers. Maybe silicone is more durable for a really heavy location play, but home machines don’t need that. Why pay double or nearly triple the price? Very strange to me.

#440 2 years ago
    Quoted from porkcarrot:

I’ve been curious about this. I see things advertised as feeling like real rubbers. So just use real rubbers. Maybe silicone is more durable for a really heavy location play, but home machines don’t need that. Why pay double or nearly triple the price? Very strange to me.

I like they way they look, easy to clean (I know real rubber is too), and I hate the way white rubber looks. After a while it looks gross no matter how much you clean it.

Real rubber, especially black, dirties up the playfield a lot. Silicone doesn’t leave rubber everywhere.

Silicone can actually wear faster on modern machines. That’s why lots of OPs switch to super bands because that harder material lasts forever under heavy play.

I have yet to have to replace a silicone rubber on a pre dmd game and some I have had for close to ten years. Just keep cleaning them and they are good. Seems that’s just as good as regular rubber.

#441 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I like they way they look, easy to clean (I know real rubber is too), and I hate the way white rubber looks. After a while it looks gross no matter how much you clean it.
    Real rubber, especially black, dirties up the playfield a lot. Silicone doesn’t leave rubber everywhere.
    Silicone can actually wear faster on modern machines. That’s why lots of OPs switch to super bands because that harder material lasts forever under heavy play.
    I have yet to have to replace a silicone rubber on a pre dmd game and some I have had for close to ten years. Just keep cleaning them and they are good. Seems that’s just as good as regular rubber.

Yeah, I don’t like black. But I like white a lot. I put it in every game I clean. I guess mine don’t get enough play to make them look real dirty. Small post rubbers sometimes, but those are real easy to replace.

#442 2 years ago
    Quoted from truemagoo102:

Using Rush members as voice actors was a bad idea. Callouts sound uninspired and borderline sarcastic. Watching the reveal I'm getting flashbacks to 24 and Chloe's "Jackpahht..." WHERE'S CHRIS GRANNER WHEN WE NEED HIM?

Chris Granner currently works for Zynga, and like, I don't want to complain because he seems to be happy working for them, but I really can't help but feel the games they make are a complete waste of his talent. I think he's mostly worked on mobile slot games which IMHO is some of the worst garbage in gaming. It looks like he might also be involved in the new Star Wars: Hunters game though so at least that's an actual video game.

Regardless, I'd love to see him come back to pinball as well.

#443 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jvspin:

Replacing incandescents with LEDs, then adding an LED OCD board to make them look like incandescents makes no sense. Especially for home games that are only on for limited periods of time.

No sense? Ever see an incandescent game next to a led game? There is a noticeable visual difference. Led bulbs cannot dim like normal and often ghost. Ocd board just fixes all those issues so you get visual upgrade without any side effects.

#444 2 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Ever see an incandescent game next to a led game? There is a noticeable visual difference.

Yes, I generally like the incandescents better but that's just my unpopular opinion.

Power and heat reduction are definitely a plus and the reason for my 'used at home' comment. They can add some visual pop if you want to cutomize the colors but that's often not an improvement, again, just my opinion. Not to mention the effort and cost involved.

#445 2 years ago

People feeling the need to debate someone’s unpopular opinion is a real head scratcher.

#446 2 years ago

Honeydew > cantaloupe

#447 2 years ago

1. No more superhero anything. Especially pins, but movies as well. It's terrible CGI for a majority of the movie and the stories are all stupid.

2. Pinball needs to stop catering to 50+ white males.

3. Licensing your source material is boring. The old pins were better because they actually had to be creative. Rush? No thanks.

#448 2 years ago

The last 2 Avengers movies were turrible

9k=.jpg9k=.jpg
    #449 2 years ago

All new pinball machines are way overpriced and people who pay those prices are idiots.

#450 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jvspin:

Yes, I generally like the incandescents better but that's just my unpopular opinion.
    Power and heat reduction are definitely a plus and the reason for my 'used at home' comment. They can add some visual pop if you want to cutomize the colors but that's often not an improvement, again, just my opinion. Not to mention the effort and cost involved.

I enjoy the effort but cost is definitely subjective. It costs around $450 to buy all the leds and both ocd boards. That starts to add up with even a small collection. Kind of dumb to pay all that to just get purtier lights but I love it.

There are 1,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 24.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unpopular-opinion-thread/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.