Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,153 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cait001
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Come on, we're late! (resized).jpeg
    images.jpeg-2 (resized).jpg
    dvds-what-year (resized).jpg
    big-lebowski-the-dude.gif
    giphy.gif
    1445475145-0 (resized).jpg
    29SCI-ANGLERFISH2-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600 (resized).jpg
    thats-the-point (resized).jpg
    tumblr_0f060e3acd1e5f67c130457429198598_d6e693ce_540.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    d1t0fd1-1c35f715-e3af-40cb-8e00-be0e1a26dce8 (resized).jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2c1a (resized).jpeg
    unpop (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 24.
    #301 2 years ago

The worst thing about pinside is that people need a dedicated thread to share unpopular opinions because they are afraid to speak their mind on the regular. Fear of the downvote rules this place.

#302 2 years ago

People who defend John Treudau(?) are creeps. I've seen more then a few do it. He's a disgusting monster who and I've seen too many people use language that indicates they can look past his crimes or question the legitimacy of the victims claims.

Hopefully he hangs himself soon.

#303 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jeffswack:

People who defend John Treudau(?) are creeps. I've seen more then a few do it. He's a disgusting monster who and I've seen too many people use language that indicates they can look past his crimes or question the legitimacy of the victims claims.
    Hopefully he hangs himself soon.

It doesn't stop with that person or this website.

#304 2 years ago

I don’t like pinball knockers, or match screens. They’re outdated.

#305 2 years ago

There are almost no “must have mods” for pinball machines.

rd

#306 2 years ago

I have two:

- it's the quality of the shots (the feeling when you aim and shoot and flow) rather than the theme,trim,toys, or mods that counts

- the LCD screen on a pinball is completely unnecessary and all but one (TMNT) have hideous graphics that add nothing to the atmosphere, but detract from it

#307 2 years ago

oooh I got a third one:

- the top 100 list is tainted with newer titles that are worse than classic games, just the owners spent so much money it turned to some kind of propaganda

#308 2 years ago

Most pinheads are the worst....and the best.

#309 2 years ago

The new Sterns don't have as much charm or personality as Williams System 11 games.

#310 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ryguy80:

The new Sterns don't have as much charm or personality as Williams System 11 games.

Many thumbs up.

rd

#311 2 years ago

The TV show , "Stranger Things", is way over rated. I kept watching, waiting for it to get better, it never did !

#312 2 years ago

I hate when people say “Mod” when they mean “Decorate”.

If you aren’t saying you modded your Christmas tree, stop saying you modded your pinball machine.

#313 2 years ago

American Pinball games have more bugs than a fallen tree in the rainforest.

#314 2 years ago

The Golden Girls is a far more brilliant comedy than any modern network television series.

#315 2 years ago

Flash Gordon is okay but nothing spectacular

#316 2 years ago

Both the Soprano's and Game of Thrones were a complete waste of time. People only watched because of FOMO.

*edit ...and nudity*

#317 2 years ago

Pop bummers are a complete waste of space and make no sense in modern pinball machines.

#318 2 years ago
    Quoted from nexfx:

Pop bummers are a complete waste of space and make no sense in modern pinball machines.

I'll agree with you to a point. I was listening to a Keith Elwin interview where he said this was true on certain games where there was only one exit from the pop bumpers. Designers used to include that to make the game last a little longer for novice players and make them feel like they were getting a better deal.

However, I believe that Scott Danesi's use of a single pop bumper lower in the playfield (TNA and Rick and Morty) along with Elwin's adoption of the feature (Godzilla) have shown that when properly implemented they can add chaos and randomness to the experience.

#319 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

However, I believe that Scott Danesi's use of a single pop bumper lower in the playfield (TNA and Rick and Morty) along with Elwin's adoption of the feature (Godzilla)

I like the lower pop too. But, neither one of them were the first to do this.

#320 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jigs:

I like the lower pop too. But, neither one of them were the first to do this.

Cool! What earlier Gamez have this?

#321 2 years ago

black hole, game plan’s sharpshooter, woz and more that I’m not thinking of at the moment. I’m sure someone else can chime in.

#322 2 years ago

Might be time to start learning aboot EMs

#323 2 years ago

Honorable mention to Punk, Cheetah, Black Hole, Superman & Devil's Dare.......but Embyron is hands down, the best early SS widebody game ever made.

Strange Sci-Fi theme, unique layout, killer artwork, multiball, great rules (especially with home rom 2x playfield scoring), classic sounds, electronic speech, spinner, saucer lock, drops, 3 captive balls, outlane flipper save....and a vagina you can bash. Yeah this game has it all.

Most might scoff & say Paragon? Sure it looks pretty, but the beeps are just awful & the gameplay/features are lacking. Upper flipper is pointless. There are features that aren't even worth shooting for. Wouldn't even make my list of Top 10 early SS widebodies.

#324 2 years ago

The Beatles is a great licence, but basing it on the "Beatlemania-bowlcut" era was a wasted opportunity. We didn't need THREE limited versions of this great updated Seawitch layout.

There should have been just TWO versions....

1) Beatlemania Era: Pop songs from Revolver & before (what we got)

2) Psychedelic, acid-tripping, far out Beatles Studio Era with songs from Sgt Pepper, White Album, & Abby Road (what we needed)

Guess which version would've had the better artwork, better songs & sold more units?

#325 2 years ago

Old Chicago, Fan-Tas-Tic, to add to the other list......

#326 2 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

The Beatles is a great licence, but basing it on the "Beatlemania-bowlcut" era was a wasted opportunity. We didn't need THREE limited versions of this great updated Seawitch layout.
    There should have been just TWO versions....
    1) Beatlemania Era: Pop songs from Revolver & before (what we got)
    2) Psychedelic, acid-tripping, far out Beatles Studio Era with songs from Sgt Pepper, White Album, & Abby Road (what we needed)
    Guess which version would've had the better artwork, better songs & sold more units?

My wife made this same point. I’d buy a Yellow Submarine edition in a heartbeat.

I’m sure it’s easier said than done with licensing.

#327 2 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

save....and a vagina you can bash.

Sorry to burst your bubble buts that's not a vagina it's a brain.

#328 2 years ago

Stranger Things is one of the best pins of all time.

Brian Eddy took the best ideas of Medieval Madness and Attack From Mars and made something better than both.

The theme is a show based on 80s nostalgia, and since most pinsiders were 40 in the 80s, the show and theme doesn’t click.

Also, Jersey Jack games are 90% flash, 10% substance. The type of people who love JJP think a large screen is a massive selling point.

#329 2 years ago
    Quoted from curban:

Playing pinball is (at best) the third best thing about the hobby.

What are the top 2?

#330 2 years ago
    Quoted from KingVidiot:

Stranger Things is one of the best pins of all time.
    Brian Eddy took the best ideas of Medieval Madness and Attack From Mars and made something better than both.
    The theme is a show based on 80s nostalgia, and since most pinsiders were 40 in the 80s, the show and theme doesn’t click.
    Also, Jersey Jack games are 90% flash, 10% substance. The type of people who love JJP think a large screen is a massive selling point.

All good points, even though I think Dialed In is a legit great game. Personally I think a big issue with Stranger Things is almost nothing works from factory. A dialed in Stranger Things is a 9 plus game while a typical one you see in the wild is a 7.

You could say that about a lot of games but you have a much lower chance getting lucky with an out of the box experience with Stranger Things.

#331 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

Both the Soprano's and Game of Thrones were a complete waste of time. People only watched because of FOMO.
    *edit ...and nudity*

Three down votes. I’m winning at unpopular opinions!

#332 2 years ago
    Quoted from nexfx:

What is a pop bummer exactly? Is this a new thing all the cool kids are doing?

#333 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

What is a pop bummer exactly? Is this a new thing all the cool kids are doing?

Perhaps?? I dunno for sure what a pop bummer is but I for sure agree it doesn’t belong in a pinball machine.

#334 2 years ago

Pinball Awards Shows are totally unnecessary in the pinball hobby.

rd

#335 2 years ago

Pinball mods with action figures and homemade toppers are stupid looking and pretentious AF.

#336 2 years ago

Putting mylar in your shooter lane isn't going to save shit so quit using it as a selling point in your 15k for sale ad!

#337 2 years ago
    Quoted from MacGruber:

Putting mylar in your shooter lane isn't going to save shit so quit using it as a selling point in your 15k for sale ad!

Taking this a step further: Making a stink about having a pristine shooter lane, when compared to any other part of the game, it makes the least difference.

#338 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

Taking this a step further: Making a stink about having a pristine shooter lane, when compared to any other part of the game, it makes the least difference.

That started as a joke about 10 years ago.

Funny to watch it become “an actual thing” that people do these days.

When I’m buying a game, I doubt I’ve ever looked at the shooter lane. Least of anyone’s problems!

rd

#339 2 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

That started as a joke about 10 years ago.
    Funny to watch it become “an actual thing” that people do these days.
    When I’m buying a game, I doubt I’ve ever looked at the shooter lane. Least of anyone’s problems!
    rd

Almost every ad for a HUO machine has a zoomed in picture of the shooter lane. I never understood it.

#340 2 years ago

Or when the for sale add states it has new leg levelers! Whoopeeee

#341 2 years ago

I fail to see innovation in a product that feels the need to remind me to breath. I think Apple caters way to much to the ignorant.

#342 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Or when the for sale add states it has new leg levelers! Whoopeeee

I used to feel that way. But over the years, having moved / set up a few games with one randomly lurking leveler stubbornly locked by fuck-you fusion, I don't dismiss new ones anymore.

#343 2 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

I used to feel that way. But over the years, having moved / set up a few games with one randomly lurking leveler stubbornly locked by fuck-you fusion, I don't dismiss new ones anymore.

I have a bag of them on hand! New balls too

#344 2 years ago

Rob Zombie is a better game than Congo.

#345 2 years ago

Here are reason why Gold wings outright better than Tomcat.

1. The Siren, what does Tomcat have to offer.
    2. The upper left loop ramp, harder but has a better sense of accomplishment.
    3. The game has better layout in more to do than just spelling TOMCAT.
    4. Multiball is more challenging but rewarding.
    5. Light show is way better.
    6. Better music, Gottlieb had better pinball music in this Era than Williams, Bally, and Stern

#346 2 years ago
    Quoted from truemagoo102:I agree with you on the Pinsound point- EXCEPT Data East games. Something about the soundcard they used... really grinds my gears.

Time machine back box needs a makeover I would do certainly something else with it.

It's blah.

#347 2 years ago

Upgraded pinball speakers are a waste of time.

#348 2 years ago

I think potato salad looks gross, I've never tried it in 57 years and never will.

#349 2 years ago

Almost every Data East game is good.

#350 2 years ago

Brussel sprouts kick ass

There are 1,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 24.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unpopular-opinion-thread/page/7?hl=ronswanson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.