Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,153 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cait001
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Come on, we're late! (resized).jpeg
    images.jpeg-2 (resized).jpg
    dvds-what-year (resized).jpg
    big-lebowski-the-dude.gif
    giphy.gif
    1445475145-0 (resized).jpg
    29SCI-ANGLERFISH2-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600 (resized).jpg
    thats-the-point (resized).jpg
    tumblr_0f060e3acd1e5f67c130457429198598_d6e693ce_540.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    d1t0fd1-1c35f715-e3af-40cb-8e00-be0e1a26dce8 (resized).jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2c1a (resized).jpeg
    unpop (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 24.
    #251 2 years ago

Pink Floyd would be the ultimate Rock pin

#252 2 years ago

People that own 10+ pinball machines have no justification for complaining about high prices. Sell one buy one!

#253 2 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

How is this an unpopular opinion?

I see so many people do it I figured it was accepted.

#254 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I think it was a play on words, as the topper is a triangle and has 3 points on it.

Oh!!! Literal me just saw another topper! Thanks.

#255 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Python did all of the main artwork on Bride. It’s his best looking one by far!
    Flipper Football is a good game, if it had real alternate scoring code people would love it.

Whoa whoa whoa, I wouldn't say by far. the original has an orb painted in that shows the player in the reflection. Probably the coolest art "easter egg" in pinball.

Another hot take- Lights Camera Action is deeper, has more mechs and is more fun than any Bally/Williams of the time- if Gottlieb stayed on course and didn't go "street level" they could have rivaled B/W in the early 90s.

#256 2 years ago

Anything older than a spike machine is to old for me. Yes I own TSPP but I don’t like it.

#257 2 years ago

Oak island sucks ...and they don't find shit .

#258 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Yes I own TSPP but I don’t like it.

DE Simpsons is better than TSPP but they are both fucking horrible.

#259 2 years ago

Pin stadium and extra play field lights is a waste of time and money. The same goes with upgrading pinball speakers.

#260 2 years ago

We should create a pinball price discussion sub forum and just embrace the constant ongoing discourse.

The 20k reply game club threads are difficult to navigate. Would work in a Reddit style multi thread forum, but I’d prefer a return to the duplicate one-off thread days.

#261 2 years ago
    Quoted from John-Floyd:

Pink Floyd would be the ultimate Rock pin

Love their music, but tooooo mellow for pinball, no?

#262 2 years ago

Unpopular opinions, I may have a few?

I own a Ghostbuster Pro on purpose because I hate the unpredictable magna slings in the le that throw the ball straight down the middle. It’s the only Pro that I own because of this. It also plays faster since it doesn’t have the extra ramp.

I’m in for an Ultraman because I love the art more than Godzilla but I’m not supposed to right?

#263 2 years ago

Mika Kunitz is a dog

#264 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Mika Kunitz is a dog

That's a good dog name, I can see why it's unpopular, but Mila Kunis isn't bad .

#265 2 years ago
    Quoted from FamDocKevin:

Love their music, but tooooo mellow for pinball, no?

Overall, definitely on the Mellow side, but I could pick out 12-14 tunes that would work well for pinball.

#266 2 years ago
    Quoted from sulli10:

The Red Premium Star Trek VE Cabinet is better looking than the Blue Star Trek LE cabinet

While I disagree about red vs blue, I do love when I prefer the version of a pin that’s less hard to get or a better price! I have many examples myself, like Star Wars Pro, GoT Pro.

#267 2 years ago

70 years after their introduction, spinners are still the best mech in pinball.

#268 2 years ago

Creature is a highly overrated game

#269 2 years ago

WMS Indy Jones is a "meh" game at best and isn't worth $5,000 much less $13,000.

#270 2 years ago

Whether I like them or not, I keep half of my games simply because I'd never be able to replace them for what I paid for them years ago.

#271 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Whether I like them or not, I keep half of my games simply because I'd never be able to replace them for what I paid for them years ago.

What does that matter? You wouldn’t sell them at those prices I assume?

#272 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

If you don't like them, and you sell them, then why would they be replaced?

#273 2 years ago

People who pay higher than the going rate for "beautiful" "mint" "fully restored" "collector quality" whatever machines are outside of their minds. The play difference between a good condition and gorgeous condition game is negligible, but people will pay thousands more for it. Makes zero sense to me.

#274 2 years ago
    Quoted from porkcarrot:

People who pay higher than the going rate for "beautiful" "mint" "fully restored" "collector quality" whatever machines are outside of their minds. The play difference between a good condition and gorgeous condition game is negligible, but people will pay thousands more for it. Makes zero sense to me.

On top of this, this mindset is as much to blame for pinflation as anything else. "Players condition" games are hard to find because so many people find them and the first thought is to swap the playfield, buy a new plastics and ramps, restore the cabinet, powder coat everything, etc. So the average condition of machines available moves closer to higher end and thus command higher prices. And honestly I've been guilty of some of it myself because restoring a machine is fun. But ultimately its only making things worse as more people with more money get into the hobby.

#275 2 years ago
    Quoted from porkcarrot:

Most of these guys rarely play the machine.

“Less than 100 plays!”

rd

#276 2 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

I enjoy most video modes. Indy's Escape from the Minecart and Raven Bar are my absolute favorites!

Hmmnnn, is this an unpopular opinion?? haha

#277 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Now that's a hot take, and one that I fully can =disagree= with.
    That's like saying we shouldn't push JPOP out even though he scammed a crapton of people, just because people like CV and WCS....only one of these things is massive degrees of difference worse than the other.
    *Edit* Wasn't Trudeau convicted of those charges?
    *Edit 2* He pleaded guilty, bro. There's nothing "presumptive" there.

Yeah, he was a troubled, sick man, and he belongs in jail. I'm just saying he made some great games. I agree with you that those guys don't belong in our hobby currently, but they made their contributions and then, or perhaps simultaneously, were complete deviants and con men. we can say that they made great games right?

#278 2 years ago
    Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

I'm just saying he made some great games.

Well that's unpopular for me so well played!

#279 2 years ago

dang. well then you must hate late seventies and all eighties and nineties games from the various manufacturers he made games for in those decades!!!

#280 2 years ago
    Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

dang. well then you must hate late seventies and all eighties and nineties games from the various manufacturers he made games for in those decades!!!

He made Creech, his 1 great machine.
    I mean Congo is probably next and then....a bunch of garbage. Oh heavens all his sweet Premier titles! Uff. Flintstones & bride are bottom of the Williams barrel.

#281 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Quoted from TheLaw:

vv//

Quoted from TheLaw:

I mean Congo is probably next and then....a bunch of garbage. Oh heavens all his sweet Premier titles! Uff. Flintstones & bride are bottom of the Williams barrel.

alright alright let's take it easy!! j/k. I get what you're saying, and I know plenty of people who don't like his games. It's ok to disagree; that's why we have unpopular opinions and these forums.

I bet if we were in front of one of his games together, I could convince you to like a game that you previously disliked. I think I could persuade you. I'm the pinballer who is totally jazzed about almost every game, so total disclosure here. I think I could make you a believer

#282 2 years ago

I like Genesis.

#283 2 years ago

Putting color LED’s in place of colored condoms on feature light looks like crap. Just put a condom on a non-colored LED!

#284 2 years ago

Bacon is overrated!

#285 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Bacon is overrated!

Sausage is a better breakfast meat than bacon for sure.

#286 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pintopia:

Putting color LED’s in place of colored condoms on feature light looks like crap. Just put a condom on a non-colored LED!

I prefer condoms on colored LEDs.

#287 2 years ago
    Quoted from AntennaMan:

I prefer condoms on colored LEDs.

I wouldn't use them.

It's better if they reproduce. Led's are expensive.

#288 2 years ago

Replacing the Christmas tree with an illuminated pinball machine would be just as festive.
    Plenty of room for presents underneath it as well.

#289 2 years ago

I don't like seeing pics of empty game rooms. If I come across one, I quickly move on. Don't care what games are in there.

If you want to impress me, show me pics of your game room full of people having fun. That's what I want to see. Really wish this would catch on. An empty game room is a waste. No thanks.

#290 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Black Rose?! Or does that not count because Brian Eddy is also credited on design? Black Rose is fantastic... Is that an unpopular opinion?

#291 2 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

Black Rose?! Or does that not count because....

...It was a cute game when it was the runt of the DMD era and $1200.
    It was left off for a reason.

#292 2 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

Black Rose?! Or does that not count because Brian Eddy is also credited on design? Black Rose is fantastic... Is that an unpopular opinion?

I really like my BR, clearly an underrated game imo.

#293 2 years ago

If a Hardtop is 'just a sticker', than a playfield is 'just a piece of plywood'

#294 2 years ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Jackbot is better than both Pinbot and Bride of Pinbot.

Even though Pinbot is a simple, grab multiball and advance the planets, it's Python.

Even though I'm team Gottlieb, Python is another class.

#295 2 years ago
    Quoted from truemagoo102:

Whoa whoa whoa, I wouldn't say by far. the original has an orb painted in that shows the player in the reflection. Probably the coolest art "easter egg" in pinball.
    Another hot take- Lights Camera Action is deeper, has more mechs and is more fun than any Bally/Williams of the time- if Gottlieb stayed on course and didn't go "street level" they could have rivaled B/W in the early 90s.

Spirit has to too many scaucer shots and the two outside flippers are pointless.

#296 2 years ago

Sinistar is a terrible game and is only praised for its weird sound effects and speech

#297 2 years ago

Most “low production games” are low production for a good reason.

Most of them suck.

rd

#298 2 years ago
    Quoted from curban:

AIQpro is the best pin released by stern.
    HS2: Getaway is the best Williams pin.
    Houdini is better than WOZ.
    ACNC is better than ACDC
    Carguments are better than price Bubbles
    Playing pinball is (at best) the third best thing about the hobby.
    It’s okay to play pinball at home naked even if it’s cold. (Are you reading this, honey)
    Pinsider opinions are influenced too much by the twippy’s best pinball podcast.
    Complaining about stuff doesn’t make things more fun. Also, it doesn’t really seem to be making things better. So…?

reading this reading this now while you are on a plane…I’m pretty sure I was the one playing naked

My unpopular opinion…peanut butter and pickle sandwiches are the bomb!

#299 2 years ago
    Quoted from MolecularChick:

My unpopular opinion…peanut butter and pickle sandwiches are the bomb!

Blah

#300 2 years ago

Circlular pork slices is not bacon, sorry Canadians, proper bacon is strips not circles.

There are 1,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 24.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unpopular-opinion-thread/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.