Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,153 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cait001
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Come on, we're late! (resized).jpeg
    images.jpeg-2 (resized).jpg
    dvds-what-year (resized).jpg
    big-lebowski-the-dude.gif
    giphy.gif
    1445475145-0 (resized).jpg
    29SCI-ANGLERFISH2-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600 (resized).jpg
    thats-the-point (resized).jpg
    tumblr_0f060e3acd1e5f67c130457429198598_d6e693ce_540.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    d1t0fd1-1c35f715-e3af-40cb-8e00-be0e1a26dce8 (resized).jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2c1a (resized).jpeg
    unpop (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 24.
    #151 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I can’t stand IPAs

Miller Lite is the world’s most perfectly crafted beverage.

#152 2 years ago

Cant stand Johnny Mnemonic, the glove is the worst design in all of pinball and ruins an otherwise great flowing game and theme-Stupid flippin glove!

The Shire drop on LOTR is also a major design flaw-never understood it and still scratch my head

I do not care for color dmd or oversized dmd and prefer original

I do not care for internal subs and think an external is the only way to go

I think invisiglass is not worth the money and I could take it or leave it.

I do not care for toppers and cannot believe we are in a place where they sell for the same amount as an entire pinball machine

I love mods and I love modding-super fun and it makes the game uniquely yours

Ghostbusters is a masterpiece

Elwin games are repetitive and feel like chopping wood

Steve Ritchie is the true 'King' and will never be de-throned

STTNG(Super Pin) is the best game ever made and is the benchmark for all pinball comparisons

Guns N Roses is a box of lights with lots of multi-balls

JJP games are no fun and the flippers feel like mashed potatoes

Pinstadium lights are annoying

New Stern connect is a waste and the QR reader light is a real eye sore and annoying

Gary Stern is a true legend and I highly respect him. We all like to bitch about games-but he does a great job overall

Spooky games are worth every penny and are unique-I would take my TNA over many other 'loaded games'

I better stop now before I piss off too many peeps

#153 2 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

I really like Houdini, was actively shopping for one awhile back when the price became very reasonable.
    Then I noticed they put a damn Ouiji Board on it.
    Can someone create a sticker to cover it up that looks OEM?
    Yeah, I know he and his wife were doing seances and its part of the History.
    I just can't let one in the house.

Ouiji boards are made by a toy company. You don't seriously believe they hold some sort of special power?!

#154 2 years ago

Halloween III the movie is a monstrosity and a hot mess(unwatchable)-definitely not a masterpiece and definitely not the best in the series-Yuge fail! I don't care about what the 'real horror fans' say

#155 2 years ago

Unpopular opinions SHOULD be down voted.. are they really unpopular if everyone agrees?

* i went back and deleted my down votes. Some were harder than others to delete !

images.jpeg-2 (resized).jpgimages.jpeg-2 (resized).jpgimages.jpeg-3 (resized).jpgimages.jpeg-3 (resized).jpg
    #156 2 years ago

Godzilla is Elwin’s worst game.

#157 2 years ago

Any mod that involves putting action style figures on a game is ugly.

#158 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Ouiji boards are made by a toy company. You don't seriously believe they hold some sort of special power?!

That’s the devilish genius of it

#159 2 years ago

I got one.. the pinball community is plagued by rich old white dudes who have pocketbook pissing matches with each other and rarely if ever even play pinball. They move on from LE's with less than 100 plays only to order the next LE so they can be the first to tell everyone they have it. Then they read the popular opinion and sell it after strangers (who will never see or play their games) shit on it over the internet.

#160 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I can’t stand IPAs

All beer is disgusting. I only drink liquid corn from Tennessee or Kentucky

#161 2 years ago

The band Sublime sucks!

There, I said it.

#162 2 years ago

Gottlieb games are fun

#163 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I got one.. the pinball community is plagued by rich old white dudes who have pocketbook pissing matches with each other and rarely if ever even play pinball. They move on from LE's with less than 100 plays only to order the next LE so they can be the first to tell everyone they have it. Then they read the popular opinion and sell it after strangers (who will never see or play their games) shit on it over the internet.

This is the unpopular opinion thread. It seems what you're sharing is common and accepted knowledge?

#164 2 years ago

I do not care for Corned Beef or Beef Stroganoff

#165 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Grey Goose Vodka is overrated

Tito's - overrated and Ketel One the best - my opinion

#166 2 years ago

Most modern Stern games are overly complicated and a reason why it's hard for new players to join in. This is why "PIN" and "home" versions often offer a better overall experience, even with some of the corner cutting.

#167 2 years ago
    Quoted from AntennaMan:

Godzilla is Elwin’s worst game.

I upvoted because THAT OPINION is straight up jet fuel. We’re talking liquid TNT. Wow! Going strong trying to piss off most of Pinside with this!!

#168 2 years ago

Everything is overrated.

Everything is also underrated.

#169 2 years ago

AIQpro is the best pin released by stern.
    HS2: Getaway is the best Williams pin.
    Houdini is better than WOZ.
    ACNC is better than ACDC
    Carguments are better than price Bubbles

Playing pinball is (at best) the third best thing about the hobby.

It’s okay to play pinball at home naked even if it’s cold. (Are you reading this, honey)

Pinsider opinions are influenced too much by the twippy’s best pinball podcast.

Complaining about stuff doesn’t make things more fun. Also, it doesn’t really seem to be making things better. So…?

#170 2 years ago

As an operator, I'd rather make a fast quarter than a slow dollar.

#171 2 years ago

Flipper pinball is like checkers. Bingo pinballs are like chess.

#172 2 years ago

People that slam, slap, and kick machines and curse loudly when they have a bad ball are jackasses, particularly in public or when playing somebody else's machines.

#173 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I rule & would win every tournament...I just don't want to bother wasting all of that time & being around pinball nerds with angry jock energy.

pot......kettle....

Quoted from BigT:

All pins become rinse and repeat.

Man, I am SO with you on this. When you get past the point of just being "eh, I'm okay at pinball" to where people come to you for advice on how to play games... my god, they get old SO SO FAST. That's one of the reasons I wanted JPOP to succeed with Zidware, because the stuff he was talking about with Alice in Wonderland having a crapton of magnets had the potential to be extremely chaotic. Even stuff that's "non-standard" like Orbitor 1 gets old, once you get used to it. Pinball's always been this way, though. They never in a million years would've been able to put out so many different games in the 60s-90s if it wasn't. You need those new themes and layouts to keep people interested. It's just the nature of the beast.

It's a large part of why I've moved away from owning pins over the last 4-5 years, and gone back to MMO's and video games. There's new stuff every 2-3 months, and it does NOT cost me 9000 dollars to experience it.

#174 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

pot......kettle....

Man, I am SO with you on this. When you get past the point of just being "eh, I'm okay at pinball" to where people come to you for advice on how to play games... my god, they get old SO SO FAST. That's one of the reasons I wanted JPOP to succeed with Zidware, because the stuff he was talking about with Alice in Wonderland having a crapton of magnets had the potential to be extremely chaotic. Even stuff that's "non-standard" like Orbitor 1 gets old, once you get used to it. Pinball's always been this way, though. They never in a million years would've been able to put out so many different games in the 60s-90s if it wasn't. You need those new themes and layouts to keep people interested. It's just the nature of the beast.
    It's a large part of why I've moved away from owning pins over the last 4-5 years, and gone back to MMO's and video games. There's new stuff every 2-3 months, and it does NOT cost me 9000 dollars to experience it.

MMOs are a snoozefest. Video games got old years ago and nothing is new under the sun! I played Semi-pro. It was awful, and it showed me how modern games have gotten stale.

Call of Duty 75 is not groundbreaking or visionary lol

VR is trash and boring as hell. It’s basically the Wii with a massive screen. Cool I can look around. Now my eyes hurt since the screen is 2 inches away.
    There are a handful of original VR games and they also get cloned endessly

#175 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

MMOs are a snoozefest. Video games got old years ago and nothing is new under the sun! I played Semi-pro. It was awful, and it showed me how modern games have gotten stale.
    You sound like the type who thinks Call of Duty 75 is groundbreaking and visionary lol
    VR is trash and boring as hell. It’s basically the Wii with a massive screen. Cool I can look around. Now my eyes hurt since the screen is 2 inches away.
    There are a handful of original VR games and they also get cloned endessly

It's the place to share unpopular opinions.

Who's gunna do that if people like you dis them for it.

Please try and keep up, don't turn this thread into every other fucking thread on pinside.

#176 2 years ago

You sound like the type who thinks Call of Duty 75 is groundbreaking and visionary lol

You sound like an idiot when you say that. *shrug* I'd rather play the Quake 1 remaster than *literally any CoD/Fartnite/Valorant*.

I wasn't disparaging anyone else's choices, just stating my own. I'm not trying to sell anyone on MMO's. But sure, go ahead and be a dick.

Odd, because I didn't think our opinions on most things strayed so far apart....or at least we don't typically argue with each other too much on here. Really puzzled by your choice to even post that.

I played pinball semi-pro, as in, I had an invite as an alternate to IFPA Worlds. Doing anything like it's a job is going to get old. Pinball wasn't a hobby for me for many years....it was flat out an obsession. Thankfully, I've cured myself of that idiocy, and woke up to the fact that my skills aren't tied to my IFPA ranking.

#177 2 years ago

Metallica Scream-O music and gross culture ruins that pin and goes with the corollary that most people don’t want to admit how important theme is in rating all aspects of a game

#178 2 years ago

There is a pinside bitch thread available.

Many here seem to be using this to just insult people. Bad manners are still bad manners, even veiled as an “unpopular opinions”.

#179 2 years ago

True pinball collectors have at least one EM, one 80s and one DMD era game in their collections.

#180 2 years ago

Yes everyone... keep it civil. It's literally a thread called unpopular opinions. Take the downvotes as a badge of honor. To quote Rudy (going full circle here) "Hey... it's only pinball"

#181 2 years ago

Pinball is better at a bar than at home.
    Also TWD Pro is better than Prem/LE.

#182 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

pot......kettle....

Please don't cut my quote so that it's out of context so that you can then insult me.

I said "pinball nerds with angry jock energy". I'm a nerd. I'm a pinball nerd. I wouldn't deny that. As a nerd, the jock is my natural enemy. I don't like to see angry jock vibes in my nerd hobby. I'll happily hang out with pinball nerds with chill vibes.

There is zero "pot/kettle" in anything I said.

Thank you.

#183 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Please don't cut my quote so that it's out of context so that you can then insult me.
    I said "pinball nerds with angry jock energy". I'm a nerd. I'm a pinball nerd. I wouldn't deny that. As a nerd, the jock is my natural enemy. I don't like to see angry jock vibes in my nerd hobby. I'll happily hang out with pinball nerds with chill vibes.
    There is zero "pot/kettle" in anything I said.
    Thank you.

Okay, I'll edit it to include the whole quote. Still doesn't change my opinion, or the root of what I said, in any substantive way. If you don't think you exude that same type of aura when you go off on a tirade....

*edit* Oh, and I've totally said that Stern Jurassic Park is a POS many places on Pinside, at league when anyone picks it as well, and will keep saying it. There was no bravery posting it again here on my part, I just did it for the lulz.

#184 2 years ago

Lamar wishes he could play QB as good as Tua.

#185 2 years ago

Harbaugh wishes Lamar could play QB as good as Tua.

#186 2 years ago

Tua is the Beatles of quarterbacks.

#187 2 years ago
    Quoted from DanMarino:

Harbaugh wishes Lamar could play QB as good as Tua.

Tomlin glad Lamar can’t.

#188 2 years ago

Transformers is a much better pin than it's reputation.

But yeah could have been sooo much more

#189 2 years ago

Watching sports is a boring waste of time and money.

#190 2 years ago

Pinsiders with grey hearts seem to post more and stir things up more than those with red hearts.

#191 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

It's the place to share unpopular opinions.
    Who's gunna do that if people like you dis them for it.
    Please try and keep up, don't turn this thread into every other fucking thread on pinside.

Plenty of people have been dissing other opinions. I felt my response was another unpopular opinion!

Now you’re just flat out insulting me, which is making this like “Every other fucking thread” like chill out dude!

Quoted from Frax:

You sound like an idiot when you say that. *shrug* I'd rather play the Quake 1 remaster than *literally any CoD/Fartnite/Valorant*.
    I wasn't disparaging anyone else's choices, just stating my own. I'm not trying to sell anyone on MMO's. But sure, go ahead and be a dick.
    Odd, because I didn't think our opinions on most things strayed so far apart....or at least we don't typically argue with each other too much on here. Really puzzled by your choice to even post that.
    I played pinball semi-pro, as in, I had an invite as an alternate to IFPA Worlds. Doing anything like it's a job is going to get old. Pinball wasn't a hobby for me for many years....it was flat out an obsession. Thankfully, I've cured myself of that idiocy, and woke up to the fact that my skills aren't tied to my IFPA ranking.

Quake 1. The game from 1996? That game is the same age as me. That’s your proof that games are new and fresh every 3 months? Quake is a classic but you’ve got to be fucking kidding me! Did you know MMr just came out? It’s proof pinball is also fresh and innovative!

Sorry for insulting MMOs, they’re also from the 90s and WoW died years ago in favor of being an endless DLC shovelfest. Also LoL and Warcraft are in the same vein as most FPS games. They’re so repetitive and dull now. Once you’ve put 200 hours on them you realize it’s the same builds and setups over and over and over and there’s only a handful of interesting mid-game developments that offer any twists.

Quoted from Frax:

You’re right, I typically agree with you, which is why I’m so surprised by your assertion that pinball is boring now compared to video games. I’ve edited my previous post, so it doesn’t come off as a direct insult, it wasn’t meant to be that.
    I’m not trying to disparage your opinion that video games are fun, exciting and cheaper, but to say pinball is stale and video games aren’t is ridiculous.
    Pinball and Video games are stuck in the same rut of repetitive bullshit.
    Pinball has been around for over a hundred years, video games have been around for less than half that.

#192 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

There is a pinside bitch thread available.
    Many here seem to be using this to just insult people. Bad manners are still bad manners, even veiled as an “unpopular opinions”.

Don’t send assholes to the bitch thread - we all get along quite well in there!

#193 2 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

True pinball collectors have at least one EM, one 80s and one DMD era game in their collections.

I have one em, it's a wood rail too!
    I meet the other requirements for true pinball collector too, including a Houdini.

Plenty of people have been dissing other opinions. I felt my response was another unpopular opinion!
    Now you’re just flat out insulting me, which is making this like “Every other fucking thread” like chill out dude!

Quake 1. The game from 1996? That game is the same age as me. That’s your proof that games are new and fresh every 3 months? Quake is a classic but you’ve got to be fucking kidding me! Did you know MMr just came out? It’s proof pinball is also fresh and innovative!
    Sorry for insulting MMOs, they’re also from the 90s and WoW died years ago in favor of being an endless DLC shovelfest. Also LoL and Warcraft are in the same vein as most FPS games. They’re so repetitive and dull now. Once you’ve put 200 hours on them you realize it’s the same builds and setups over and over and over and there’s only a handful of interesting mid-game developments that offer any twists.

You’re right, I typically agree with you, which is why I’m so surprised by your assertion that pinball is boring now compared to video games. I’ve edited my previous post, so it doesn’t come off as a direct insult, it wasn’t meant to be that.
    I’m not trying to disparage your opinion that video games are fun, exciting and cheaper, but to say pinball is stale and video games aren’t is ridiculous.
    Pinball and Video games are stuck in the same rut of repetitive bullshit.
    Pinball has been around for over a hundred years, video games have been around for less than half that.

You can keep the thread you and 'plenty of other people' have ruined because you didn't understand the concept then. Enjoy just another argument mate.

#194 2 years ago

The best way to cut a sandwich is not diagonally

#195 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

If you don't think you exude that same type of aura when you go off on a tirade....

Internet tirades about nerd shit are classic nerd territory. Totally different than competitive physical rage & in person screaming

Quoted from Frax:

*edit* Oh, and I've totally said that Stern Jurassic Park is a POS many places on Pinside, at league when anyone picks it as well, and will keep saying it.

So you don't actually believe this? It's just schtick? Cuz, yeah...I don't understand how anyone could think a God Tier perfect game like JP is a POS.

#196 2 years ago

Toilet paper should always be hung over, never under.

#197 2 years ago

The Chicago Coin remakes of Attack from Mars that I have played all play like shit compared to the original.

#198 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

gone back to MMO's and video games. There's new stuff every 2-3 months

But that new stuff is really just the old stuff with a new coat of paint. Figuring out the new dungeon/raid is no different that sorting out the latest playfield/ruleset.

#199 2 years ago

Stern Pros generally *play* better than premium/LE versions.

rd

#200 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Toilet paper should always be hung over, never under.

IMG_E9079[1] (resized).JPGIMG_E9079[1] (resized).JPG
    There are 1,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 24.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unpopular-opinion-thread/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.