Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,153 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cait001
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Come on, we're late! (resized).jpeg
    images.jpeg-2 (resized).jpg
    dvds-what-year (resized).jpg
    big-lebowski-the-dude.gif
    giphy.gif
    1445475145-0 (resized).jpg
    29SCI-ANGLERFISH2-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600 (resized).jpg
    thats-the-point (resized).jpg
    tumblr_0f060e3acd1e5f67c130457429198598_d6e693ce_540.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    d1t0fd1-1c35f715-e3af-40cb-8e00-be0e1a26dce8 (resized).jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2c1a (resized).jpeg
    unpop (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 24.
    #101 2 years ago

The Stern Insider is absolutely useless in the home environment.

#102 2 years ago

The JJP scorbit is stupid too. People could just challenge each other in a dedicated thread much easier and make up their own agreed rules.

#103 2 years ago

If you aren’t a very good pinball player, chances are you’re relatively normal.

Competitive players can be… odd.

#104 2 years ago

Halloween is the best looking, worst playing game I've played from the past 15 years.

#105 2 years ago

The hobbit is best JJP game

Whitewater is better then more highly regarded games like monster mash, totan, Cc, cv

#106 2 years ago

Oh fun, let's see...

-Even though I'm starting to enjoy some newer games (JP Prem might be one of the best games ever made) - I still like the DMD era more. I love the wide ratio & style of a classic DMD, especially with ColorDMD. Just screams "pinball"...dots are a visual language that's uniquely retro & "pinball".

-Tournaments are boring, and hardcore tournament players often just really weird me out.

-Jpop & Deerpoop were untenable scams headed for destruction from day 1. (This view is now popular, but I was often insulted & threatened for having it)

-Goatf***ers is the worst game ever made. I know many silently agree with me...they don't want the heat that I got for this opinion.

-Color matching LEDs to inserts is stupid & looks bad. Inserts already HAVE color. Temperature match, don't color match...except pink/purple...those look hot with a pink LED under them.

-Stern's Rolling Stones, CSI, and NBA are pretty fun!

-Pinstadiums suck.

-Most mods are tasteless and clutter up a game, often not matching the game's style or intended visual cues.

-Pros are for Hoes.

#107 2 years ago

Powder coated armor usually looks worse than stock. Garish colors...

#108 2 years ago

White Water and Fish Tales are overrated, especially for the price they are commanding.

#109 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Competitive players can be… odd.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Tournaments are boring, and hardcore tournament players often just really weird me out.

Starting to see a theme here. Now I know why ya'll hate me....you suck at pinball!

#110 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Starting to see a theme here. Now I know why ya'll hate me....you suck at pinball!

I rule & would win every tournament...I just don't want to bother wasting all of that time & being around pinball nerds with angry jock energy.

#111 2 years ago

Gottlieb system 80a and 80b games are more fun on average than system 11 games.

#112 2 years ago
    Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I don't care what anyone says, the Beatles is awesome. The theme is average for me, the music just "ok" for pinball. There are no ramps. But it is oh so fun to play, I can't stop, I don't want to stop. It is also way overpriced so I'll probably never own it, but my instincts for fun pinball are telling me to get one. For a simple ramp free game I like it much more than TNA.

All these people saying this?!?
    BUY A SEAWITCH!! THEY ARE CHEAPER AND IT’S THE SAME GAME WITHOUT THE GOOFY SPINNING DISK MAGNET!

#113 2 years ago

Talking about competitions:
    People that wear headphones/listen to music during competitions/tourneys are fucking asshats.

I came to socialize and enjoy pinball. You listening to some shit, not interacting with your fellow competitors AT ALL, and raging out-loud, alone, at an even higher volume due-to not being able to hear yourself is a major turn off.

Brought Mermink to her first tourney and she got stuck in a group of 3 dudes all listening to music who didn’t say a word other than swearing and rage tilting. TD’s need to either ban it, or put people who want to live in their own bubble in groups together, so the normal pinball people can have fun!

#114 2 years ago

I still get a kick playing RFM and SWE1. Piin2k was ahead of it’s time.

#115 2 years ago

John Trudeau was one of the most talented pinball designers, but his crimes overshadow the contribution he made to pinball

#116 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Pinsound with the reorchestrations on IJ absolutely transform the game. I don't think there's any other game that is more improved by that card.

I'd put Dracula right up there. Amazing.

#117 2 years ago

I wish 3D printers were never invented. I can’t stand all those shitty mods.

#118 2 years ago

I really like Houdini, was actively shopping for one awhile back when the price became very reasonable.
    Then I noticed they put a damn Ouiji Board on it.
    Can someone create a sticker to cover it up that looks OEM?
    Yeah, I know he and his wife were doing seances and its part of the History.
    I just can't let one in the house.

#119 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

-Goatf***ers is the worst game ever made.

What is the Official name for this game? Goatsuckers is not on IPD. If it is the worst of all time I have to have it.

#120 2 years ago

There are a few things I hear people say that I disagree with.
    I think people who complain about the Beatles pin having music from the Beatlemania era and not later "cool" songs are revealing themselves to have simplistic tastes, maybe.
    I think Gary Stern is good at his job.
    I think the DLC stuff Stern is doing will probably all be fine and good for everyone in the long run. The non-controversial flip side is that people who bought the Jurassic Park topper for the topper-exclusive mode kind of got screwed when Goat Mania became DLC. Which is unfortunate.

#121 2 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

What is the Official name for this game? Goatsuckers is not on IPD. If it is the worst of all time I have to have it.

Rhyme, rhyme!!!
    Ghostbusters. It’s not that bad. I personally love it.

Quoted from Stuieb84:

John Trudeau was one of the most talented pinball designers, but his crimes overshadow the contribution he made to pinball

HP Lovecraft was a ridiculous flaming racist and genuinely terrible person, yet people can separate the art from the artist.

That being said, Trudeau had awesome designs but there are far better. Ed Cebula, Claude Fernandez, Greg Kmeic are my favorite designers. They get no love!!

#122 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Rhyme, rhyme!!!
    Ghostbusters. It’s not that bad. I personally love it.

Thanks,I was thinking Guns and Roses.
    I really admire and enjoy playing Ghostbusters. Except for that one SDTM shot, it was really an advanced game.

#123 2 years ago

People that wear headphones/listen to music during competitions/tourneys are fucking asshats.
    I came to socialize and enjoy pinball. You listening to some shit, not interacting with your fellow competitors AT ALL, and raging out-loud, alone, at an even higher volume due-to not being able to hear yourself is a major turn off.
    Brought Mermink to her first tourney and she got stuck in a group of 3 dudes all listening to music who didn’t say a word other than swearing and rage tilting. TD’s need to either ban it, or put people who want to live in their own bubble in groups together, so the normal pinball people can have fun!

I think you misunderstand, the people minding their own business ARE the normal people.

#124 2 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

I really like Houdini, was actively shopping for one awhile back when the price became very reasonable.
    Then I noticed they put a damn Ouiji Board on it.
    Can someone create a sticker to cover it up that looks OEM?
    Yeah, I know he and his wife were doing seances and its part of the History.
    I just can't let one in the house.

Hahaha, my house would give you nightmares. There's at least 10 different ouiji boards and planchettes hanging on our walls.

#125 2 years ago

Yeah, I was at a regular non-tourney house pin party, and one of those headphone guys was there. Screaming, raging, yelling - generally making everyone uncomfortable. Most just kept a distance. If he moved to a game next to you, ya just walked away. Massive level of self unawareness with the angry headphone players.

#126 2 years ago

George Gomez is the best pinball designer currently employed at Stern.

Brian Eddy is the worst.

#127 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Oh fun, let's see...
    -Even though I'm starting to enjoy some newer games (JP Prem might be one of the best games ever made) - I still like the DMD era more. I love the wide ratio & style of a classic DMD, especially with ColorDMD. Just screams "pinball"...dots are a visual language that's uniquely retro & "pinball".
    -Tournaments are boring, and hardcore tournament players often just really weird me out.
    -Jpop & Deerpoop were untenable scams headed for destruction from day 1. (This view is now popular, but I was often insulted & threatened for having it)
    -Goatf***ers is the worst game ever made. I know many silently agree with me...they don't want the heat that I got for this opinion.
    -Color matching LEDs to inserts is stupid & looks bad. Inserts already HAVE color. Temperature match, don't color match...except pink/purple...those look hot with a pink LED under them.
    -Stern's Rolling Stones, CSI, and NBA are pretty fun!
    -Pinstadiums suck.
    -Most mods are tasteless and clutter up a game, often not matching the game's style or intended visual cues.
    -Pros are for Hoes.

Thank Christ that somebody friggin’ gets it.

#128 2 years ago

I'm hoping it's an understood condition of posting in this thread 'unpopular opinions' that you are not allowed to disagree with a post (even if you don't agree quietly to yourself) or you'd be deemed to be not in the spirit of the thread?

I'd hate to see it degenerate into the very thing we are here to rail against.

#129 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I'm hoping it's an understood condition of posting in this thread 'unpopular opinions' that you are not allowed to disagree with a post (even if you don't agree quietly to yourself) or you'd be deemed to be not in the spirit of the thread?

Well only a handful of downvotes thru 2 pages so that's a good sign

#130 2 years ago

Baywatch is more fun to play than any Stern game made in the past five years
    Pinball Magic is a much better game than TOM
    Rocky and Bullwinkle makes me laugh and if you don’t like the “wrong hat” callout you have no soul

#131 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Got caught up for a second but I’m gonna go back and undo my downvotes because, you’re right, that is the purpose. UNPOPULAR opinions!

Although I’m seeing a lot of very popular opinions being posted that nearly everyone agrees with.

Quoted from Triplecdad:

Baywatch is more fun to play than any Stern game made in the past five years
    Pinball Magic is a much better game than TOM
    Rocky and Bullwinkle makes me laugh and if you don’t like the “wrong hat” callout you have no soul

Finally! I played my buddy’s ToM and finally got to play a Pinball Magic at Pintastic. Night and day. Pinball Magic was easily the superior game, if PM had the grandiose voice actor it woulda blown ToM away!!

#132 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Rats! I messed up!

#133 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

In the spirit of the thread, I’ll delete mine - but damn, normally what Frax said about about JP would be unforgivable.

#134 2 years ago

*ahem* Your opinions are wrong and this thread is dumb!!

(how's that for "unpopular"?)

#135 2 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

*ahem* Your opinions are wrong and this thread is dumb!!
    (how's that for "unpopular"?)

That actually seems to be the popular opinion, usually lol

#136 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

In the spirit of the thread, I’ll delete mine - but damn, normally what Frax said about about JP would be unforgivable.

I had to reel myself in as well

#137 2 years ago

$20k in EMs is infinitely more fun than *any* single $20k modern machine

Edit: replace 20k with any equal dollar amount for both sides and it still holds true

#138 2 years ago

Yeah, i disagree with a bunch of posts here, my collection history proves it. But the spirit of the thread is not to disagree i reckon. We are here to post our unpopular opinions and there should be not 1% of disagreement or the thread is meaningless.

#139 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

There's at least 10 different ouiji boards and planchettes hanging on our walls.

I don't know what a planchette is, I'll look it up. I understand though, sometimes we can get used to living with demons and devils and think nothing of it.
    But it always comes back to bite you in the ass and you wonder what happened?
    And Why?

#140 2 years ago

Jurassic Park is Elwin's worst game, by far
    Spooky's games are hardly playable, and cheaply made
    IMDN is the best music pin ever
    Dialed In is incredible, and the theme is fun as hell
    AFM is not a good game for a home collection
    Steve Ritchie hasn't made a good game since Star Trek (stern)
    Road Show is EPIC
    Williams Indiana Jones is the worst Super Pin by Williams
    Taxi Sucks, and should be destroyed

#141 2 years ago

All pins become rinse and repeat.

#142 2 years ago
    Quoted from BigT:

All pins become rinse and repeat.

now that is an unpopular opinion!!! the result of no passion for pinball. get some! remember the old days

#143 2 years ago
    Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

now that is an unpopular opinion!!! the result of no passion for pinball. get some! remember the old days

#144 2 years ago
    Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:Jurassic Park is Elwin's worst game, by far
    Spooky's games are hardly playable, and cheaply made
    IMDN is the best music pin ever
    Dialed In is incredible, and the theme is fun as hell
    AFM is not a good game for a home collection
    Steve Ritchie hasn't made a good game since Star Trek (stern)
    Road Show is EPIC
    Williams Indiana Jones is the worst Super Pin by Williams
    Taxi Sucks, and should be destroyed

Not enough.

#145 2 years ago
    Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

If you believe that, you owe an upvote to that post, not a downvote. Post nailed the thread title, that’s what we’re going for here right?

I thought of a few more too — I am so sick of the phrase ‘condition is king’ and tired of ‘cash on the glass’. There’s a few others that maybe should be banned as well lol. Yes, they’re accurate but can get some new phrases??

#146 2 years ago

Someone posted a few weeks ago, 'If it's bolted to the floor, how do you level the game?'.

#147 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Someone posted a few weeks ago, 'If it's bolted to the floor, how do you level the game?'.

Obviously we level it first, then bolt it to the floor

#148 2 years ago

Grey Goose Vodka is overrated

#149 2 years ago

I can’t stand IPAs

#150 2 years ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

I have a theory that the original title for the game was supposed to be "Breaking News" as it is mentioned in the game

Original title was “Killer App”.

There are 1,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 24.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unpopular-opinion-thread/page/3?hl=stuieb84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.