Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,153 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cait001
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Come on, we're late! (resized).jpeg
    images.jpeg-2 (resized).jpg
    dvds-what-year (resized).jpg
    big-lebowski-the-dude.gif
    giphy.gif
    1445475145-0 (resized).jpg
    29SCI-ANGLERFISH2-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600 (resized).jpg
    thats-the-point (resized).jpg
    tumblr_0f060e3acd1e5f67c130457429198598_d6e693ce_540.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    d1t0fd1-1c35f715-e3af-40cb-8e00-be0e1a26dce8 (resized).jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2c1a (resized).jpeg
    unpop (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 24.
    #1051 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

Probably an unpopular/popular statement, but Yolo.
    I am glad to see the prices start falling. It still is collecting, but it low key makes me happy watching people lose their ass on the game they overpaid for. I look forward the swift exit of the collectors that helped drive the price up when entering the hobby during covid. You are starting to see the guys "awkward scared laughing" as these 8-10k "investment" games sitting on the market that would have otherwise been a steal 3 months ago. The fear is setting in, and I am here for it.

I'm enjoying watching the Crypto crash and the profits being wiped out from some people. I had a few people who were flush with crypto paper profit buy WAY overpriced games from me. Watching for those games to be listed for sale soon.

#1052 1 year ago

I am glad to see the prices start falling. It still is collecting, but it low key makes me happy watching people lose their ass on the game they overpaid for.

I see overpriced games sitting unsold for months as sellers test the limits of pricing.

But that's not really the same as prices falling.

#1053 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Here's the unpopular opinion. Game is fun! I'm having a blast playing it, the flow and combos are terrific and this will probably be a longer keeper than I expected.

Having a game you like is not unpopular, just glad you're having fun with it. We have a Hulk LE that's quite underrated, but we can play it without doing much thinking. And it's just fun to see Hulk smash!

#1054 1 year ago
    Quoted from RTS:

I see overpriced games sitting unsold for months as sellers test the limits of pricing.
    But that's not really the same as prices falling.

Depends on the games. Find me a decently priced Stranger Things Prem on the Canadian market, it ain't gonna happen!

#1055 1 year ago

Stern's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is the most underrated machine of the Spike 2 lineup.

Like Stranger Things, early code turned some people off, and Covid really thwarted its momentum. Also, the combination of Borg & Dwight can be a bit frustrating for location play, because it's a table the requires instinctual reflexes and time investment into the code - not ideal for location play, and the theme is just slightly too young-skewing for most home-owners, so the old farts will not understand its appeal.

TMNT 2020 is probably the best deal new machine you can buy. I've seen LEs for less than 10K here. Guaranteed that will change in a few years once the current ~ 35-40 year olds have some cash to buy their dream theme, which is absolutely is for many kids of the 80s.

#1056 1 year ago

Oh yeah, and The Mandalorian is one of the best layouts in modern pinball. It got overshadowed by Godzilla, but I've been jamming on this thing at a local arcade, and the premium is just a brilliantly original layout by Brian Eddy. Again, people focused too much on the plastics of the pro, and the non-animated Grogu (absolute blunder by Stern), but the geometry of this table is far more unique that pictures or video can do justice.

#1057 1 year ago

I don't disagree. but prices that seemed to be good deals a couple months ago are standing still. Summer slump or not, that $5 per gallon of gas is a glaring reminder of what could be in for the future. Surprisingly I am not a stern guy, but i'm interested to see what will be in store for their Q3 startup and how it will impact the market

Don't we wish we could buy games for prices like back in the day. I don't think there will ever be an "arcade crash" for pinball, or even pre covid pricing. But I will say that the more expensive this hobby gets, the harder it is to get your money back. For example, I believe there will be an influx of guys that will be upset considering they bought into a MMR for 14k on inflated market. A year later, they try to resell the machine and the economy isn't as good, the market changed, but now can only get 12k. I feel there are a few volatile titles that have fallen into that criteria, TAF, TOTAN, any LE, MMR. We can all agree the titles are good, but with bigger financial commitment, comes bigger financial value fluctuation. But who knows

When the U.S. is headed for a (severe?) recession, the first thing to be impacted are luxury items (i.e. pins). I'm in the mindset now of starting to put money away and appreciate what I got. If nothing comes of it, great, it's extra money, but if worse case scenario hits, I'll be ok for a while.

#1058 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I just got a Led Zep Pro with Expression Lights and a custom wireform blimp to replace the plastic blimp. $5200
    Here's the unpopular opinion. Game is fun! I'm having a blast playing it, the flow and combos are terrific and this will probably be a longer keeper than I expected.

Great price!

#1059 1 year ago

People posting “I’m in on a CE!” of a game that hasn’t even been announced yet (let alone seen by anyone) is one of the douchiest parts of this hobby.

rd

#1060 1 year ago

All the Rush mods are really ugly.

#1061 1 year ago
    Quoted from solid_snake:

So is the idea of a Rush pin. Or any other band as a pin. Unpopular opinion thread, right? heh

#1062 1 year ago

I still think Stern LE's are joke - same exact game as the Prem. with some lipstick and without a topper
    At least JJP added something mechanical to the CE

#1063 1 year ago
    Quoted from KingVidiot:

Stern's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is the most underrated machine of the Spike 2 lineup.
    Like Stranger Things, early code turned some people off, and Covid really thwarted its momentum. Also, the combination of Borg & Dwight can be a bit frustrating for location play, because it's a table the requires instinctual reflexes and time investment into the code - not ideal for location play, and the theme is just slightly too young-skewing for most home-owners, so the old farts will not understand its appeal.
    TMNT 2020 is probably the best deal new machine you can buy. I've seen LEs for less than 10K here. Guaranteed that will change in a few years once the current ~ 35-40 year olds have some cash to buy their dream theme, which is absolutely is for many kids of the 80s.

TMNT has been a slow burn for me in tournament play. HATED it initially, then was meh, now it's one of my favorites. The callouts/music/sound is absolutely dreadful but the game is fun to shoot and it's got a ton more depth/strategy than people give it credit for.

#1064 1 year ago

Not sure if this is an opinion or just a random question..but is buttcheeks one word or should they be spread apart?

#1065 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Not sure if this is an opinion or just a random question..but is buttcheeks one word or should they be spread apart?

Depends on the occasion.. I tend NOT to spread them apart..!

#1078 1 year ago

Gun control is hitting your target.

#1079 1 year ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Gun control is hitting your target.

Unfortunately not in your country

#1080 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Unfortunately not in your country

Definitely not, many gun owners here in the states have no clue how to properly handle a weapon, like that crazy-ass woman who was all over social media for carrying a gun to her high-school graduation(Kaitlyn something or other)I looked at photos of her violating every rule of gun safety imaginable and just face-palmed. As someone whose dad is a responsible gun owner it's truly irritating to watch these right-wing nutjobs carrying guns everywhere into public places for no reason and acting like entitled manchildren, embarrassing.

As for my unpopular opinion,

I believe Amber Heard and all the whiny and pathetic Depp fanboys can kiss my ass.

#1081 1 year ago
    Quoted from darkrage6:

Definitely not, many gun owners here in the states have no clue how to properly handle a weapon, like that crazy-ass woman who was all over social media for carrying a gun to her high-school graduation(Kaitlyn something or other)I looked at photos of her violating every rule of gun safety imaginable and just face-palmed. As someone whose dad is a responsible gun owner it's truly irritating to watch these right-wing nutjobs carrying guns everywhere into public places for no reason and acting like entitled manchildren, embarrassing.

That's the problem with guns, virtually anyone with a pulse can buy something designed solely to kill with absolutely no training at all.

Our founding fathers would shit if they knew what "the right to bear arms" would do to their new born republic, and ashamed how so many hide behind it. Never in their wildest dreams could they have imagined the shooting gallery this country has become.

#1082 1 year ago

On a first date the girl wanted to know if i was an Axe murderer. I told her I never have murdered an axe.

#1083 1 year ago
    Quoted from solid_snake:

Fake News

#1084 1 year ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I still think Stern LE's are joke - same exact game as the Prem. with some lipstick and without a topper
    At least JJP added something mechanical to the CE

Wish they would add a theme that doesn’t suck. And maybe add playfields that don’t suck.

#1085 1 year ago

I like most of the System 1 Gottliebs, and I like keeping them original when possible. If the spider chips are good, the game can be fixed and bulletproofed with ground mods, connectors, power supply rebuild, and the diodes installed on the driver board. I like that the little four-bit cash register brain has to blink all of the displays every time the score changes.

#1086 1 year ago
    Quoted from truemagoo102:

TMNT has been a slow burn for me in tournament play. HATED it initially, then was meh, now it's one of my favorites. The callouts/music/sound is absolutely dreadful but the game is fun to shoot and it's got a ton more depth/strategy than people give it credit for.

hard agree that the callouts are mostly bad... except Krang and Shredder, but especially Krang. Krang kills it. Better than the OG cartoon, and it was done by a Stern employee.

But the music? Okay, unpopular opinion time. The music in TMNT 2020 is better suited to pinball than the music in Led Zeppelin and G&R. TMNT's soundtrack is honestly one of the best in all pinball IMHO. Shit is a bop, as kids say these days

#1087 1 year ago

Can’t blame manufacturers selling 12-15k games when they watch people stuff games with dolls, plastic trees, pinstadium and ask the same price.

#1088 1 year ago

DVD is a better format than Blu-ray

#1089 1 year ago
    dvds-what-year (resized).jpgdvds-what-year (resized).jpg
    #1091 1 year ago

I don't like Godzilla as a theme and cannot understand why everyone is into it

#1092 1 year ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Your missing out. I was on the fence and thought the theme was corny until I played one. Now I own one, this game will be desirable down the road and easy to sell if needed. Godzilla is one of the best!

#1093 1 year ago

Toppers are usually tacky and a waste of money.

#1094 1 year ago
    Quoted from noopy:

Toppers are usually tacky and a waste of money.

I'd rather have a nice EM game that a ticky tacky topper

#1095 1 year ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I was born in '64 so grew up with it.

I hear it's a good game, too........

#1096 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

That's the problem with guns, virtually anyone with a pulse can buy something designed solely to kill with absolutely no training at all.
    Our founding fathers would shit if they knew what "the right to bear arms" would do to their new born republic, and ashamed how so many hide behind it. Never in their wildest dreams could they have imagined the shooting gallery this country has become.

That's kind of the idea. It's an equalizer and a power. A petite elderly lady would have no chance protecting herself against a large male home intruder without one. I believe the problems are with people abusing powers and a lack of respect for authority and law, not guns.

#1097 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

When it comes to women, 9 times out of 10, the thrill of the chase is more fun than the conquest.
    From what I remember, anyways.

Happy to be a man, but 9 times out of 10, I’m embarrassed by the corny non-pinball shit y’all say in this thread. Especially the luddites who think blatant sexism is still cool.

#1098 1 year ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I didnt care for the theme at all,Played the game loved it bought it.Now i am ok with the theme.
    Similar thing with Iron Maiden didnt much care for the Band now I love every song on that game.

#1099 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

I didnt care for the theme at all,Played the game loved it bought it.Now i am ok with the theme.
    Similar thing with Iron Maiden didnt much care for the Band now I love every song on that game.

I felt the same way about AC-DC. I was never much of a fan. I kept hearing about how great the game was and bought one of the last first run premiums available way back in 2012. Now I enjoy listening to AC-DC. AC-DC pinball is one of my favourites.

I thought the same about Godzilla: not exactly my theme. After all of the positive talk about this game I put my name on a preorder list. Sometime in 2023: maybe, if I am lucky.

#1100 1 year ago

How to stop drunk drivers from killing sober drivers? Ban sober drivers from driving. That's exactly how gun control works.

There are 1,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 24.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unpopular-opinion-thread/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.