Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,153 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cait001
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Come on, we're late! (resized).jpeg
    images.jpeg-2 (resized).jpg
    dvds-what-year (resized).jpg
    big-lebowski-the-dude.gif
    giphy.gif
    1445475145-0 (resized).jpg
    29SCI-ANGLERFISH2-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600 (resized).jpg
    thats-the-point (resized).jpg
    tumblr_0f060e3acd1e5f67c130457429198598_d6e693ce_540.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    d1t0fd1-1c35f715-e3af-40cb-8e00-be0e1a26dce8 (resized).jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2c1a (resized).jpeg
    unpop (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 24.
    #1001 1 year ago

1000 posts of opinions, some more popular than others! Carry on!

#1002 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

The nerve,Im printing up business cards to pass out at funerals

Curious about what you're offering.. also, business cards are still going?

#1003 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Enough opinions!! can we get back to this mermaid asscrack discussion? I feel that it was really going somewhere.

Same concept, another type of crack!

#1004 1 year ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Same concept, another type of crack![quoted image]

*cautiously upvotes*

#1005 1 year ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Curious about what you're offering.. also, business cards are still going?

sarcasm,we buy dead Boomers toys

#1006 1 year ago
    Quoted from trecemaneras:

*cautiously upvotes*

So to be clear here — mermaids have fish anatomy on the lower half but you’re telling me they still breastfeed?

#1007 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

So to be clear here — mermaids have fish anatomy on the lower half but you’re telling me they still breastfeed?

Hopefully somehow? Silver lining of getting shipwrecked!

#1008 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Definitely not. It's just like an angler fish's glowing light. Different lures for different prey.

29SCI-ANGLERFISH2-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600 (resized).jpg29SCI-ANGLERFISH2-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600 (resized).jpg

Most importantly though, and back on topic, this mermaid has not been depicted as having a buttcrack, thankfully.

#1009 1 year ago

With or without cracks, they are so tasty..!

1445475145-0 (resized).jpg1445475145-0 (resized).jpg
    #1010 1 year ago

This is gonna go over like a lead balloon but that's what this thread is for, right?

I've worked in logistics/transportation my entire adult life. I've coordinated the delivery of body organs to transplant patients, relief supplies to countless disaster areas in North and South America, ventilators and PPE from Asia to everywhere in the US during the plague, etc etc etc.

Maybe you joined the military because your dad/grandma/second cousin was in the military, maybe you were drafted, maybe you had an innate need to serve your country, or like many, maybe you had no better options when you graduated high school.

Reserved parking for veterans now? Not a fan.

Preferential rates/prices/perks for teachers/police/first responders? Flat out illegal and discriminatory.

#1011 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

maybe you had no better options when you graduated high school

A buddy I once worked with years ago shared a story when he was 18 in 1967.

During indoctrination into the Marines, a Sgt asked for a show of hands for those who were there in lieu of a prison sentence.

Several hands went up around him. He had enlisted to serve in Vietnam surrounded by criminals who were only there to avoid serving time in prison.

#1012 1 year ago
    Quoted from RTS:

A buddy I once worked with years ago shared a story when he was 18 in 1967.
    During indoctrination into the Marines, a Sgt asked for a show of hands for those who were there in lieu of a prison sentence.
    Several hands went up around him. He had enlisted to serve in Vietnam surrounded by criminals who were only there to avoid serving time in prison.

"The Few, The Proud, The Wanted"........

#1013 1 year ago

From what I read, the young hooligans must have been told by judges that they can join the Marines to avoid conviction on minor offenses, with the expectation that being in the service will straighten them out. But even back then they didn't hand out the option of prison or service to someone who was convicted of anything substantial. The hand raisers were "headed towards prison," not convicts.

#1014 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

This is gonna go over like a lead balloon but that's what this thread is for, right?
    I've worked in logistics/transportation my entire adult life. I've coordinated the delivery of body organs to transplant patients, relief supplies to countless disaster areas in North and South America, ventilators and PPE from Asia to everywhere in the US during the plague, etc etc etc.
    Maybe you joined the military because your dad/grandma/second cousin was in the military, maybe you were drafted, maybe you had an innate need to serve your country, or like many, maybe you had no better options when you graduated high school.
    Reserved parking for veterans now? Not a fan.
    Preferential rates/prices/perks for teachers/police/first responders? Flat out illegal and discriminatory.

USMC veteran here. I could not agree with you more on reserved parking spaces for veterans. However, I'd give a service disabled vet with a physical disability as the result of enemy action a double super golden Handicapped parking pass that gave them permission to park wherever the hell they wanted though. Double park right on the church steps my good sir.

As a veteran, let me let you in on a little secret about military discounts. They are all almost exclusively limited to active duty folks (which is fine). The closer you get to a military base, the harder it is to get a military discount on anything. You find places advertising good military discounts far away from military bases and any place they are actually likely to run into active duty military as it is often used as what I would call feel good advertising. Oh, those guys support the military, we should go there! When in actuality they might get 3 guys on leave a year that can actually get a discount.

With that said the post 9/11 GI Bill is awesome for the the few people that actually use it.

Having left the USMC I never ran into anyone who joined in lieu of sentencing... but the oldest guys I served with joined up in the run up to the First Gulf War.

#1015 1 year ago
    Quoted from RTS:

Late 1960's around my father's arcade the police kept track of the young trouble makers. When they turned 18 the cops picked them up and took them to a recruitment center and told them enlist or off to jail they'd go.

I don't know if they'd really take them to jail. But the ones that enlisted made the cops jobs easier.

LTG : )

#1016 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

USMC veteran here. I could not agree with you more on reserved parking spaces for veterans. However, I'd give a service disabled vet with a physical disability as the result of enemy action a double super golden Handicapped parking pass that gave them permission to park wherever the hell they wanted though. Double park right on the church steps my good sir.

Agreed -

I remember during the recession when houses were going for pennies on the dollar, teachers/police/firemen and military personnel were able to buy any house for 50% off - that's more what I was referring to - the memory was churned up by a recent post in a different thread where a veteran who was stationed stateside in the 70s for a couple years is still enjoying the benefits of something he walked away from almost 50 years ago.

#1022 1 year ago
    Quoted from trecemaneras:

I do not like the art on Fathom.
    People go on and on and on and on about how great it is, but there is one glaring detail I can never get past.
    [quoted image]
    Whose idea was it to give this mermaid a pair of butt cheeks? How many people looked at that and thought, “sure, yeah, that looks right,” before it went into production? Is the game supposed to be about human women cosplaying as mermaids? If so, then well done. For that explanation I could rescind my negative opinion. Otherwise, drawing a mermaid with not only butt cheeks, but with her dorsal fin sprouting out of her ass crack, is the kind of nonsense that belongs in Ren and Stimpy.

As the guy who's pretty much the art critic pariah here on pinside for daring to suggest that there are a lot of pinball machines that could have better art, I'm not so bothered by that. It's a choice, and yeah, I could see it go either way, but it's not going to set me off like, say, the artwork of Flash, Alien Poker, or any of the photoshop junk out there. I like the way Narnia handled them. Or the way Stranger Tides did.

#1024 1 year ago

The vast majority of the posts in the "Funny captions thread" aren't funny at all.

#1027 1 year ago

Black is not a color and neither is white.

#1030 1 year ago

Popcorn and pizza tastes just fine the next morning..almost better

#1031 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Do you mean physics-wise, or that neither correctly describes anyone's skin color? An argument can be made for either.

#1032 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Recalling what I learned in science,
    Black is the absence of all color
    White is all colors

#1033 1 year ago

Color is our perception of certain wavelengths of radiation. The rods and cones in our eyes contain chromophores which convert light into electrical impulses transmitted to the visual cortex of our brains.

Color only exists in our minds

#1035 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

Color is our perception of certain wavelengths of radiation. The rods and cones in our eyes contain chromophores which convert light into electrical impulses transmitted to the visual cortex of our brains.
    Color only exists in our minds

reality only exists in our minds ....

#1036 1 year ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

reality only exists in our minds ....

big-lebowski-the-dude.gifbig-lebowski-the-dude.gif
    #1037 1 year ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Recalling what I learned in science,
    Black is the absence of all color
    White is all colors

White is also the absence of color,Black and white are neutrals.

#1038 1 year ago

I envy the night for it's absence of light

#1039 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

White is also the absence of color,Black and white are neutrals.

You must be talking about pigments, rather than light.

#1040 1 year ago

Sunsets suck, they portend an end. Sunrises are where it's at, they promise a future.

#1041 1 year ago

What is the speed of light? 186,000 miles per second.
    What is the speed of dark? a whole lot slower

2 weeks later
    #1043 1 year ago

Probably an unpopular/popular statement, but Yolo.

I am glad to see the prices start falling. It still is collecting, but it low key makes me happy watching people lose their ass on the game they overpaid for. I look forward the swift exit of the collectors that helped drive the price up when entering the hobby during covid. You are starting to see the guys "awkward scared laughing" as these 8-10k "investment" games sitting on the market that would have otherwise been a steal 3 months ago. The fear is setting in, and I am here for it.

Also an unpopular opinion.

Why is there no emoji for eating popcorn? lol

#1044 1 year ago

In my lifetime alone, the population of the planet has increased from 3.7 bn to 7.9 bn.

I think we need to adopt Logan's Run law: If you're over 30, you're surplus to requirement and should be "renewed".

#1045 1 year ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

In my lifetime alone, the population of the planet has increased from 3.7 bn to 7.9 bn.
    I think we need to adopt Logan's Run law: If you're over 30, you're surplus to requirement and should be "renewed".

Step in line, you go first!

#1046 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

Probably an unpopular/popular statement, but Yolo.
    I am glad to see the prices start falling. It still is collecting, but it low key makes me happy watching people lose their ass on the game they overpaid for. I look forward the swift exit of the collectors that helped drive the price up when entering the hobby during covid. You are starting to see the guys "awkward scared laughing" as these 8-10k "investment" games sitting on the market that would have otherwise been a steal 3 months ago. The fear is setting in, and I am here for it.
    Also an unpopular opinion.
    Why is there no emoji for eating popcorn? lol

It's the summer slump as well, things will pick up eventually. Just wait for August when the new Stern comes out and enjoy the fomo!

#1047 1 year ago

I have yet to see prices of any pin older than 5 years come down. Those who claim this don’t have proof

#1048 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

I have yet to see prices of any pin older than 5 years come down. Those who claim this don’t have proof

Exception seems to be LZ Pro. They're dropping below cost.

#1049 1 year ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

It's the summer slump as well, things will pick up eventually. Just wait for August when the new Stern comes out and enjoy the fomo!

I don't disagree. but prices that seemed to be good deals a couple months ago are standing still. Summer slump or not, that $5 per gallon of gas is a glaring reminder of what could be in for the future. Surprisingly I am not a stern guy, but i'm interested to see what will be in store for their Q3 startup and how it will impact the market

Quoted from MtnFrost:

Don't we wish we could buy games for prices like back in the day. I don't think there will ever be an "arcade crash" for pinball, or even pre covid pricing. But I will say that the more expensive this hobby gets, the harder it is to get your money back. For example, I believe there will be an influx of guys that will be upset considering they bought into a MMR for 14k on inflated market. A year later, they try to resell the machine and the economy isn't as good, the market changed, but now can only get 12k. I feel there are a few volatile titles that have fallen into that criteria, TAF, TOTAN, any LE, MMR. We can all agree the titles are good, but with bigger financial commitment, comes bigger financial value fluctuation. But who knows

#1050 1 year ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Exception seems to be LZ Pro. They're dropping below cost.

I just got a Led Zep Pro with Expression Lights and a custom wireform blimp to replace the plastic blimp. $5200

Here's the unpopular opinion. Game is fun! I'm having a blast playing it, the flow and combos are terrific and this will probably be a longer keeper than I expected.

There are 1,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 24.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unpopular-opinion-thread/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.