Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,153 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cait001
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Come on, we're late! (resized).jpeg
    images.jpeg-2 (resized).jpg
    dvds-what-year (resized).jpg
    big-lebowski-the-dude.gif
    giphy.gif
    1445475145-0 (resized).jpg
    29SCI-ANGLERFISH2-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600 (resized).jpg
    thats-the-point (resized).jpg
    tumblr_0f060e3acd1e5f67c130457429198598_d6e693ce_540.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    d1t0fd1-1c35f715-e3af-40cb-8e00-be0e1a26dce8 (resized).jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2c1a (resized).jpeg
    unpop (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 24.
    #601 2 years ago
    Quoted from zombywoof:

Plastic tip darts are for Tupperware parties. Real darts have steel tips.

I don't think that's an unpopular opinion.

#602 2 years ago
    Quoted from StoneyCreek:

I don't think that's an unpopular opinion.

Around here the plastic tip tournaments and luck-of-the draws all have bigger purses and attendance than steel tip.

#603 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I hate the smell of tobacco. Even worse is going into a smokers house and coming out smelling like a ashtray.
    When the wife and I smoked we always smoked outside

I can't stand the smell of cigar smoke,especialy when I'm playing golf, and someone's out on the course stinking the place up.

#604 2 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I can't stand the smell of cigar smoke,especialy when I'm playing golf, and someone's out on the course stinking the place up.

I got a buddy, who likes to play a Bluetooth speaker while playing. Call me old school, but I prefer no tunes..and I raise my voice when/if a nickel back song comes on-turn off that shit!

#605 2 years ago

Lawn darts should have never been banned. Nor 3 wheelers.

#606 2 years ago
    Quoted from unclerudy:

Ketchup is only good to use as a base for homemade BBQ sauce

Hot take 1:

If meat is good, it shouldn’t need any sauce at all. Good quality meat, cooked well, should be juicy and flavorful. Nothing needed except salt.

Hot take 2:

Most BBQ meat is crap. Covered in sauce to hide how bad it is.

Hot take 3:

I can cook a better brisket in my oven than most people cook in their expensive smokers.

rd

#607 2 years ago

I love system 80bs, very underrated in my opinion, in fact I think gottlieb premier is overall underrated… except for a few.

#608 2 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Hot take 1:
    If meat is good, it shouldn’t need any sauce at all. Good quality meat, cooked well, should be juicy and flavorful. Nothing needed except salt.
    Hot take 2:
    Hot take 3:
    I can cook a better brisket in my oven than most people cook in their expensive smokers.

rd

I'm there with you Dave. Slow cookers and the oven can produce awesome BBQ. I add sauce because I like the flavor. I make a sweet ghost pepper bbq sauce that all the neighbors love

#609 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I'm there with you Dave. Slow cookers and the oven can produce awesome BBQ. I add sauce because I like the flavor. I make a sweet ghost pepper bbq sauce that all the neighbors love

Smoked meat needs a rub, and obviously smoke. Temp and time makes the taste. My pulled pork gets rubbed down the night before the smoke, 6 hours usually the day of the smoke, overnight into the day to be served next morning, then pulled out of the oven and put into a slow cooker for 6 plus hours, or until it is time to serve it. Never had a person complain about the pork.

#610 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballboy:

I love system 80bs, very underrated in my opinion, in fact I think gottlieb premier is overall underrated… except for a few.

This website has its collective lips sown on the Williams/bally logo.

Gottlieb gave us the pinball industry and yet no remakes from Gottlieb

Volcano had the skee ball feature before TOTAN.
    Gottlieb was first before pac man with video game and pinball hybrid.

Gottlieb first with flippers and the man who saved pinball did it on a Gottlieb pinball table.

Yet the majority in this hobby frowns upon them.

#611 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

Gottlieb first with flippers and the man who saved pinball did it on a Gottlieb pinball table.

Very Very Well Said.

#612 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

I don’t think that’s right.

People that appreciate the 70s/80s games appreciate the Gottlieb games, especially the 80B era.

Gottlieb were the undisputed KINGS of pinball up to 76/77. I read some statistics that they had like over 50% of the market up till then.

They just got left behind in the SYS1 era - compare Gorgar to Dragon for example - then they caught up somewhat in the SYS80 era - then the 90s era they were out of money and the software development let them down. Their development time was only 90 days from sketch to rolling out the factory door. Williams had over a year for their games.

I’ve often said - if someone could finish off the programming in those 90s games, you’d have some decent games there.

rd

#613 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

I actually enjoy playing wheel of fortune.......

That’s actually my favorite game I play at PHoF.

#614 2 years ago

Police Force is the most underrated Williams System 11 game.

#615 2 years ago

Brahms’s music is unbearably dull.

#616 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ryguy80:

Police Force is the most underrated Williams System 11 game.

Sweeping Rat!!

rd

#617 2 years ago
    Quoted from cnuts13:

Houdini. top 50 game all time

Top 10! Nothing like it at all.

#618 2 years ago

A new BTTF pin will never happen

#619 2 years ago

The only thing magical about Disney World, is how they make large amounts of your money disappear. I also think their new motto should be "Less is more".

#620 2 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

The only thing magical about Disney World, is how they make large amounts of your money disappear. I also think their new motto should be "Less is more".

That and standing in line for hours to ride a two minute ride.

#621 2 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

I don’t think that’s right.
    People that appreciate the 70s/80s games appreciate the Gottlieb games, especially the 80B era.
    Gottlieb were the undisputed KINGS of pinball up to 76/77. I read some statistics that they had like over 50% of the market up till then.
    They just got left behind in the SYS1 era - compare Gorgar to Dragon for example - then they caught up somewhat in the SYS80 era - then the 90s era they were out of money and the software development let them down. Their development time was only 90 days from sketch to rolling out the factory door. Williams had over a year for their games.
    I’ve often said - if someone could finish off the programming in those 90s games, you’d have some decent games there.
    rd

I'm hoping to reprogram my Gladiators one day. One of the best pf designs ever. Software is great in a few places too. Love the disable pops with flipper buttons and accu-spin is one of the most creative uses for a spinner in all of pinball. The code just falls short in a few areas.

#622 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm hoping to reprogram my Gladiators one day. One of the best pf designs ever. Software is great in a few places too. Love the disable pops with flipper buttons and accu-spin is one of the most creative uses for a spinner in all of pinball. The code just falls short in a few areas.

Someone could make themselves some bucks fixing up the software in those Sys3 games.

There’s lots of them out there. Some interesting layouts and they’re pretty reliable too.

rd

#623 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

Sounds a lot like Cedar Point

#624 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Not if you go during the middle of the week.

Last there two years ago - did every ride in a day no problem. Only long queue was 45-60 mins to get on the new big wooden coaster down the back.

Everything else, 0-10 mins.

Most those smaller places are the same - mid week, no people.

Except Disneyland. That’s crazy every day.

rd

#625 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

You gotta use the Disney App when at the parks or you're mega screwed, and even then you only get so many passes. But yeah Disneyworld is packed all day every fucking day of the year.
    Only got to the point once and it sucked, total busy time

#626 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Only got to the point once and it sucked, total busy time

Yeah, places like that, if you hit it on a holiday weekend, it’s just a waste of time.

Ain’t no fun standing in queues all day for 3 rides.

May as well stay home.

Last trip to Pinburgh, we hit Kennywood on a Weds or Thursday at 5pm (?) for their cheap night pass. We had done all the rides by like 7pm. Straight onto everything. Probably only a couple of hundred people in the whole place.

rd

#627 2 years ago

LZ is a really fun game. I like it a lot more than many recent titles.

#628 2 years ago

I know this will be unpopular, but this is honestly my 2 choices of games I would like to see made:

1. Gold Rush based on the TV shows, with a lot of construction equipment for toys and looks, and callouts from Tony Beets and Parker.

2. Deadliest Catch, based on the TV shows, with callouts from all the captain's past and present in that show.

#629 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

Well, for those of us who are into the 90s era DMD games the Gottliebs were atrocious in my opinion. Maybe there could be one or two good that I haven’t played.
    Earlier the Gottliebs were great, especially EM machines if we’re talking that.
    Different era, different strokes.

#630 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I know this will be unpopular, but this is honestly my 2 choices of games I would like to see made:
    1. Gold Rush based on the TV shows, with a lot of construction equipment for toys and looks, and callouts from Tony Beets and Parker.
    2. Deadliest Catch, based on the TV shows, with callouts from all the captain's past and present in that show.

Gold is is great did up a lot of dirt, wash it off, run machinery into the ground (pun intended) make million of dollars, before expenses.

So what happened to Parker's girlfriend?
    Why doesn't Tony use his two dredges?
    Bought 5 million dollars worth of equipment, why not lease of finance it? the shows makes you think Tony drained the bank account.
    Why did Todd go mining on the top of a mountain in Oregon when the show says gold washes down the streams and rivers to be deposited in the valleys below?

#631 2 years ago

Sinbad, Countdown, Joker Poker and Genie, that’s pinball heaven

#632 2 years ago

High Score Pool, Hercules, and Darling/Jubilee are the greatest pinballs ever !

#633 2 years ago
    Quoted from ViperTim:

Well, for those of us who are into the 90s era DMD games the Gottliebs were atrocious in my opinion. Maybe there could be one or two good that I haven’t played.
    Earlier the Gottliebs were great, especially EM machines if we’re talking that.
    Different era, different strokes.

Three words:
    Williams Fan Layout.

Gottlieb: variety.

#634 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

Three words:
    Williams Fan Layout.
    Gottlieb: variety.

Not so much about fanboyism, for example I really do enjoy Data East games.
    But I don’t like the feel of Gottliebs flippers and overall sluggish feel.

But yes, I am biased to WMS games because I like them, a lot.

#635 2 years ago

A Deadliest Catch theme would have been great. 15 years ago it would have been a hit at peak popularity, but I think it still draws a decent crowd now. That's the problem with all these themes coming out, whether it's Godzilla, Rush, Weird Al...they are all antiquated in today's pop culture.

#636 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

They should never have brought back arrested development. The netflix episodes were rough to watch

Couldn't agree more. I saw an interview with Jason Bateman and he basically admitted they stayed too long. Way too long. But I managed to finish the last one.

#637 2 years ago

EVs will save the earth, unless EV owners run out of their Lithium medications

#638 2 years ago

Fishing is a whole lot more fun than golfing.

9ea501b6d00ffee1b0e955dafadb5507 (resized).jpg9ea501b6d00ffee1b0e955dafadb5507 (resized).jpg
    #639 2 years ago

I actually prefer the taste of diet soda over regular soda.

#640 2 years ago

I don’t drink a lot of soda, but I prefer Pepsi over Coke.

rd

#641 2 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Quoted from Bmad21:

For $200 a ticket. And getting assaulted by apparently blind people with strollers.

I go once every 7 years or so, and always ask myself just what the fuck I was thinking.

#642 2 years ago

Adele is number one on the list of worst vocalists ever, un-listenable crap

EV's run better and more efficiently while wearing two masks

#643 2 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Hot take 1:
    Hot take 2:
    Hot take 3:

rd

I don’t sauce any meat while cooking. Only seasonings that I rub or sprinkle. If there is liquid, it’s vinegar and water.

Oven is good, but I enjoy the smoke flavor on some meats.

Paprika doesn’t belong on it just because it is being smoked!

#644 2 years ago
    Quoted from creepykenny:

Adele is number one on the list of worst vocalists ever

I don't know who that is.

#645 2 years ago

[quoted image]

This is a popular opinion.

#646 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

This is a popular opinion.

Here's an unpopular opinion (at least with my friends):

Fishing > Golfing > Hunting

I respect hunters but it's a ton of waiting for a couple minutes of fun and then.... all the work.

#647 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I hate the smell of tobacco. Even worse is going into a smokers house and coming out smelling like a ashtray.
    When the wife and I smoked we always smoked outside

I can't smoke or use drugs due to medical issues.

#648 2 years ago

You've never seen naked lady golfing videos ?

LTG : )

#649 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

For $200 a ticket. And getting assaulted by apparently blind people with strollers.
    I go once every 7 years or so, and always ask myself just what the fuck I was thinking.

I had a great time on my last trip in 2019. So I thought about going again,but they've made a lot of changes,and not for the better.
    I read a little about Disney in the Disney parks thread,and it left me pretty discouraged. Disney just keeps on sticking it to their customers, because they can.
    I'm wondering how a week at Universal Studios
    would be?

#650 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Pm me your email address,I have a video that'll make you push her in the water and take up golf.

There are 1,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 24.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unpopular-opinion-thread/page/13?hl=asmig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.