Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,153 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cait001
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Come on, we're late! (resized).jpeg
    images.jpeg-2 (resized).jpg
    dvds-what-year (resized).jpg
    big-lebowski-the-dude.gif
    giphy.gif
    1445475145-0 (resized).jpg
    29SCI-ANGLERFISH2-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600 (resized).jpg
    thats-the-point (resized).jpg
    tumblr_0f060e3acd1e5f67c130457429198598_d6e693ce_540.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    d1t0fd1-1c35f715-e3af-40cb-8e00-be0e1a26dce8 (resized).jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2c1a (resized).jpeg
    unpop (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 24.
    #551 2 years ago

Beans in chili are a disgrace.

#552 2 years ago
    Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Beans in chili are a disgrace.

Guilty! Beans is part of my soul!

#553 2 years ago

Pinball themes have a huge diversity issue as many tables that feature humans mainly lean toward white men

#554 2 years ago

Chili without beans is just soup

#555 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gentax:

Pinball themes have a huge diversity issue as many tables that feature humans mainly lean toward white men

Shaq Attack, Big Hurt, One could argue Stargate. NBA Fast Break.
    Cactus Jack.

#556 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gentax:

Looking at my games right now I have a black knight that could be of any race, some hobbits, dwarves and dragons. Some monsters, super heroes (some green, some women, one called Black Panther), a guy with a helmet who in reality is currently Latino, and a small alien creature. Not really seeing the whole ‘human’ ‘white’ ‘men’ theme you’re referencing.

#557 2 years ago
    Quoted from vikeking27:

Looking at my games right now I have a black knight that could be of any race, some hobbits, dwarves and dragons. Some monsters, super heroes (some green, some women, one called Black Panther), a guy with a helmet who in reality is currently Latino, and a small alien creature. Not really seeing the whole ‘human’ ‘white’ ‘men’ theme you’re referencing.

Ironically - the one with the helmet guy and small alien creature would also feature a woman if it weren’t for people that think along these same lines.

#558 2 years ago
    Quoted from vikeking27:

Lucas- Stranger things
    Greef Karga- Mando

#559 2 years ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

I don't know about you but dropping down to one knee for any prolonged period of time, or sweeping a broom for that matter, both seem pretty physical to me.

I'll let my maid know she is a great athlete and excels at her sport

#560 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gentax:

This belongs in the "Popular opinion thread" since bashing white men is very popular now a days.

#561 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Chili without beans is just soup

A pot of chili with exactly 239 beans in it is better than a pot with 240 beans.

#563 2 years ago

Die Hard 2 is a better movie than Die Hard With A Vengeance

#564 2 years ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_sports
    https://olympics.com/en/sports/shooting/

shooting = pressing a switch to hit a target
    pinball = pressing a switch to hit a target

Athletes Q.E.D. etc - gotta get this back on track

Baseball would be more interesting if they threw the ball at the runner between bases, if hit the runner is then out.

#565 2 years ago

Athletes in the sport of pinball are featured in TRADING CARDS. Pinball Cards are JUST LIKE Baseball Cards.
    We are working on being included in the 2024 Olympics - the only Olympic Sport to allow alcohol, tobacco, weed, greasy food and poor personal hygiene while competing. PinGulp (official Sponsor of the 2024 Olympics) will be proudly displayed. Mods are a controversy - will Cliffy's be allowed?

1 3561-FRONT-CHRISTIAN-SARAH-LINE-GUNS-N-ROSES-FRONT_60fceb8e0af9198948838303d0cb8fcc (resized).jpg1 3561-FRONT-CHRISTIAN-SARAH-LINE-GUNS-N-ROSES-FRONT_60fceb8e0af9198948838303d0cb8fcc (resized).jpg3561-BACK-GUNS-N-RTOSES-CHRISTIAN-SARAH-LINES-BACK_f267ccc1a819d99841c3212219676472 (resized).jpg3561-BACK-GUNS-N-RTOSES-CHRISTIAN-SARAH-LINES-BACK_f267ccc1a819d99841c3212219676472 (resized).jpg
    #566 2 years ago
    Quoted from chris_p:

Athletes in the sport of pinball are featured in TRADING CARDS. Pinball Cards are JUST LIKE Baseball Cards.
    We are working on being included in the 2024 Olympics - the only Olympic Sport to allow alcohol, tobacco, weed, greasy food and poor personal hygiene while competing. PinGulp (official Sponsor of the 2024 Olympics) will be proudly displayed. Mods are a controversy - will Cliffy's be allowed?[quoted image][quoted image]

ok, who is actually buying pinball trading cards except for their kids?
    society has jumped the shark

#567 2 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

ok, who is actually buying pinball trading cards except for their kids?
    society has jumped the shark

Yeah, a lot of respect for Walter Day, and I appreciate his part in video game history, but pinball trading cards... those poor trees that sacrificed their lives... for THAT.... I'm just sad.

#568 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gentax:

I'd venture to say that's 90% of their pinball buying/playing customer base.....do you feel Victoria's Secret doesn't feature enough men?

#569 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I'd venture to say that's 90% of their pinball buying/playing customer base.....do you feel Victoria's Secret doesn't feature enough men?

What would you say is inherently male about the hobby of pinball?

Also, I bet you’re the type of guy who’s clueless enough to believe Victoria Secret’s target audience isn’t mostly straight men

#570 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gentax:

Narrator: “the white men did not appreciate this comment”

#571 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

Shaq Attack, Big Hurt, One could argue Stargate. NBA Fast Break.
    Cactus Jack.

Damn, that’s almost 0.2% of all pinball tables no representation issues here folks…

#572 2 years ago
    Quoted from KingVidiot:

Damn, that’s almost 0.2% of all pinball tables no representation issues here folks…

About equal to who’s buying the machines.

#573 2 years ago
    Quoted from KingVidiot:

What would you say is inherently male about the hobby of pinball?
    Also, I bet you’re the type of guy who’s clueless enough to believe Victoria Secret’s target audience isn’t mostly straight men

lol...i'd say since it's mostly been played by males (of any color) since it was invented makes it inherently male.....

As for the VS thing, maybe you misunderstood his original comment and my reply - his concern was that games that FEATURE people mainly feature white men (because that's mostly who plays/buys them. Stern isn't going to make a game w Chinese guys shooting pool though I'm sure a couple Chinese guys own pins.) Likewise, I'm sure there are plenty of men who like to wear Victoria's Secret items, yet they don't show men wearing their products in their ads.

Women like guys with ripped abs and biceps, so is Planet Fitness' target audience women? Or the men who buy memberships and go there?

#574 2 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

i an ging to BUY a CYBERTRUCK and SAVE the EARTH GO GREEN

LMAO

#575 2 years ago

I will wait another year or two for Tesla to Produce the Cybertruck and save the earth...GROW GREEN ER GO GREEN

#576 2 years ago

The people trying to get the boomers woke is always entertaining. Please continue. Also beans are essential to chili, as long as it’s 90% meat,5%beans , and 5% other (dealers choice).

#577 2 years ago

Most Texans believe that beans in chili ruins it, but I have found the further north you go in the U.S...the more it tends to be accepted.

#578 2 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Most Texans believe that beans in chili ruins it, but I have found the further north you go in the U.S...the more it tends to be accepted.

Yep, but the time you get to MN/WI, it’s more beans than chili.

#579 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ryguy80:

Yep, but the time you get to MN/WI, it’s more beans than chili.

Yeah Michigan is anti beans & obviously at least Cincinnati

#580 2 years ago
    hug (resized).jpghug (resized).jpg
    #581 2 years ago

I'm not sure how "unpopular" this opinion is...but Stranger things isn't very good to me. The theme is good, but the gameplay is really lacking. I have no clue why someone would pay what they are going for these days

#582 2 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I'm not sure how "unpopular" this opinion is...but Stranger things isn't very good to me. The theme is good, but the gameplay is really lacking. I have no clue why someone would pay what they are going for these days

Not a fan either. Hopefully they build the code up.

#583 2 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Played a Pro and didn’t care for it. Bashing the monster was cool, but the only fun memory of it.

#584 2 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I'm up north and I agree...beans don't really belong in chili.

I always thought that it was my own weird personal preference. Glad to hear I'm not alone.

#585 2 years ago

Most University of Michigan fans are Walmart Wolverines, and have no direct connection to the school

#586 2 years ago

I have no problem with scalpers. In the USA, capitalism and supply and demand are tenets of our economic system.

I bought an Xbox Series X from a Craigslist scalper in December 2020 for $700 with absolutely no regrets, then or now.

#587 2 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I pay a buck a game!

#588 2 years ago

I used to completely ignore homeless people with signs by freeway off-ramps. But the veterans kinda got to me.

I do not give out money though. I have noticed that about 95% of all homeless with signs are smokers, so I always offer them a couple cigarettes Marlboro NXT, which is like Camel Crush).

I’ve been doing this for about 10 years now. In That time, my smokes have only been declined twice.

I detest marijuana, but have no problem with cigarettes. That’s about it.

#589 2 years ago
    Quoted from unclerudy:

Most University of Michigan fans are Walmart Wolverines, and have no direct connection to the school

Oh yes they do, they have jobs at local fast food places of coffee shops to serve the student population.

#590 2 years ago

I detest cigarettes but have no problem with marijuana

#591 2 years ago

I actually enjoy playing wheel of fortune.......

#592 2 years ago

Ketchup is just red sugar, the worst condiment of all.

#593 2 years ago
    Quoted from StoneyCreek:

What about BBQ sauce? Isn't that just sugar with spices?

#594 2 years ago
    Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Don't let Big Vinegar hear you say that!

#595 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I quit smoking about 30 years ago,and I still love the smell of them. My mouth is watering right now at the thought of smoking a cigarette.

#596 2 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I quit smoking about 30 years ago,and I still love the smell of them.

I quit one time for about 6 months, and I could smell a cigarette a mile away and I loved the smell. I loved the smell since I was very young before I ever smoked one.

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I used to love to smell that smoke, but all I have smelled in a while did not smell good at all. (I think they are smoking some cheap stuff or something).

Quoted from ForceFlow:

What about BBQ sauce? Isn't that just sugar with spices?

I use Sonny's sweet BBQ sauce about 3 times a week.

As far as opinion, brown gravy tastes better than white gravy.

#597 2 years ago

I hate the smell of tobacco. Even worse is going into a smokers house and coming out smelling like a ashtray.
    When the wife and I smoked we always smoked outside

#598 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I hate the smell of tobacco. Even worse is going into a smokers house and coming out smelling like a ashtray.
    When the wife and I smoked we always smoked outside

I also hate the ashtray smell on clothes. I go outside some, and indoors I only smoke in 2 places, both are next to large air cleaners to prevent that.

#599 2 years ago

Ketchup is only good to use as a base for homemade BBQ sauce and cocktail sauce. Otherwise it it liquid garbage and goes on nothing.

#600 2 years ago

Plastic tip darts are for Tupperware parties. Real darts have steel tips.

There are 1,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 24.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unpopular-opinion-thread/page/12?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.