Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,009 posts
  • 257 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by Saltimbanco
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1445475145-0 (resized).jpg
    29SCI-ANGLERFISH2-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600 (resized).jpg
    5f9bdc201774a8001d3ae98e (resized).jpg
    thats-the-point (resized).jpg
    tumblr_0f060e3acd1e5f67c130457429198598_d6e693ce_540.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    d1t0fd1-1c35f715-e3af-40cb-8e00-be0e1a26dce8 (resized).jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2c1a (resized).jpeg
    unpop (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 12.23.41 PM (resized).png
    4th 5th (resized).jpg
    homer-simpson-nerd-alert.gif

There are 1,009 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 21.
    #451 4 months ago
    Quoted from Biju:

1. No more superhero anything. Especially pins, but movies as well. It's terrible CGI for a majority of the movie and the stories are all stupid.

2. Pinball needs to stop catering to 50+ white males.

I don't think 50+ pinheads like dumb superhero themed games. Those are geared to a younger crowd.

But elderly rock stars, that appears to be Stern's bread and butter for the senior crowd.

#452 4 months ago
    Quoted from RTS:

I don't think 50+ pinheads like dumb superhero themed games. Those are geared to a younger crowd.
    But elderly rock stars, that appears to be Stern's bread and butter for the senior crowd.

Good point; that rant might just be more movie focused.

Two more:

1. Topper obsession is weird

2. Every Elvira pin sucks.

#453 4 months ago

Collards > Kale

#454 4 months ago

When did this become the Undeniable Fact Thread?

#455 4 months ago
    Quoted from EternitytoM83:

When did this become the Undeniable Fact Thread?

ok. Collards > Kale > Spinach

#456 4 months ago

The Ultra Man Club thread is happier than the Godzilla Club thread.

#457 4 months ago

The Manning cast sucks ass.

#458 4 months ago

Pinballers always say “we want something different”

But they don’t. They want the same stuff all the time - shots in the same places, flippers in the same places, etc etc.

Zzzzzz.

rd

#459 3 months ago

GB prem and SW prem should be in the top 10.

#460 3 months ago

The Jurassic Park home pin is a really fun game.

#461 3 months ago

Mods are fucking stupid and should be saved for children. Modders ruin game threads by filling them with their self-indulgent images: "look at me! I buy fucking toys for kids and put them in my pinball machine." AAAARRRRGGG!

Rant over.

#462 3 months ago

Butter Cabinets...congratulations for having that much disposable income.

#463 3 months ago

No game is a keeper every game gets old

#464 3 months ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Mods are fucking stupid and should be saved for children. Modders ruin game threads by filling them with their self-indulgent images: "look at me! I buy fucking toys for kids and put them in my pinball machine." AAAARRRRGGG!
    Rant over.

Except a Tron pro with no mods sucks. So that negates your opinion and floats yet another (possibly) unpopular opinion.

#465 3 months ago

but for that money you can buy 2 equally fun real Pinball machines instead

Quoted from bigguybbr:The Jurassic Park home pin is a really fun game.

#466 3 months ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Rant over.

Between that and the clown puke LEDs. If you are going to personalize a machine like that, don't expect to sell and everyone to have the same tastes.

#467 3 months ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Except a Tron pro with no mods sucks. So that negates your opinion and floats yet another (possibly) unpopular opinion.

A Tron pro with all the mods in the world still sucks.

(Sucks is a little strong, better, doesn't live up to the hype)

#468 3 months ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

The Jurassic Park home pin is a really fun game.

Don't think that's an unpopular opinion at all
    probably a better pin than LZ
    but the tiny screen on homepins is absurd, they must be saving $15

#469 3 months ago

Not a LED fan at and never will be.
    I seriously think it gives headaches after a while and it has never been properly analyzed if this could damage retina in a long run.
    Anyway, it makes it hard for me to buy recent pin but I have to say that I really liked my AC/DC...

#470 3 months ago

Squid Games is a shitty show and terribly overrated.

#471 3 months ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:

Squid Games is a shitty show and terribly overrated.

Ohhh that deserves a down vote. Good one!

#472 3 months ago

Mylar at scoops are better than Cliffys.

#473 3 months ago
    do that (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #474 3 months ago
    Quoted from AntennaMan:

Godzilla is Elwin’s worst game.

This is the second weekend in a row that I have tried to enjoy Godzilla and it is not clicking with me. Played it at a couple different locations just to see if it was set up differently…. Not fun at either location.

#475 3 months ago
    Quoted from OriginalFresh:

This is the second weekend in a row that I have tried to enjoy Godzilla and it is not clicking with me. Played it at a couple different locations just to see if it was set up differently…. Not fun at either location.

Games are weird. Hated AIQ the first 10 or so times I played it. Now I’m really into it

#476 3 months ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Pinballers always say “we want something different”
    But they don’t. They want the same stuff all the time - shots in the same places, flippers in the same places, etc etc.
    Zzzzzz.
    rd

Let's see a pin with no center drain, just side or near-side drains. Maybe something also with reversed flippers; visually a non-widebody version of Rocky with single flippers near the center facing each side. A backhand shot would be needed for up-the-middle targets. No plunger lane, either, the ball button-feeds to the top of the game somewhere, or maybe is dropped onto a flipper like along the rail in Black Rose. Could even have one or two "normal" flippers near the edges higher up on the game.

#477 3 months ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

No game is a keeper every game gets old

The only problem is that it’s bolted to the floor. Now what?

#478 3 months ago
    Quoted from bobmathuse:

Let's see a pin with no center drain, just side or near-side drains. Maybe something also with reversed flippers; visually a non-widebody version of Rocky with single flippers near the center facing each side. A backhand shot would be needed for up-the-middle targets. No plunger lane, either, the ball button-feeds to the top of the game somewhere, or maybe is dropped onto a flipper like along the rail in Black Rose. Could even have one or two "normal" flippers near the edges higher up on the game.

That’d be cool to see, Bob - but nobody would buy it.

Most of them won’t buy a pin with no ramps!

rd

#479 3 months ago
    Quoted from OriginalFresh:

Don't feel bad. I still hate TZ.

#480 3 months ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Agree

#481 3 months ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Medieval Madness and Attack from Mars don't do anything for me. I get the appeal of MM, but I find AFM to be grossly overrated. The playfield layout is horrendous.

#482 3 months ago
    Quoted from Ryguy80:

Medieval Madness and Attack from Mars don't do anything for me. I get the appeal of MM, but I find AFM to be grossly overrated. The playfield layout is horrendous.

Thought the same thing, until I brought one home and played it a lot ..... and then a lot more

#483 3 months ago

Taxes always go where the powers that be say they are going...

#484 3 months ago
    Quoted from Ryguy80:

but I find AFM to be grossly overrated.

Agree 100%.

What is the big knock on Revenge From Mars by the general pinball group? "gee, all you have to do is bash the center". What is the strategy on Attack From Mars? BASH THE CENTER! Yet RFM doesn't get much (if any) respect, and AFM is revered.

#485 3 months ago
    Quoted from joemagiera:

Agree 100%.
    What is the big knock on Revenge From Mars by the general pinball group? "gee, all you have to do is bash the center". What is the strategy on Attack From Mars? BASH THE CENTER! Yet RFM doesn't get much (if any) respect, and AFM is revered.

Then you have games like Police Force that get crapped on for hitting the millions center ramp over and over. I guess if it's an alien theme, then it's ok.

#486 3 months ago
    Quoted from joemagiera:

What is the strategy on Attack From Mars? BASH THE CENTER!

You really don’t want to do that.

You want to play Total Annihilation and Multiball all day. Total Annihilation has massive points when you get it cranking.

If you just shoot the middle all day, if the machine is set up any sort of decent, you’re going to be done pretty fast.

rd

#487 3 months ago
    Quoted from joemagiera:

What is the big knock on Revenge From Mars by the general pinball group? .

That it's Pin2k.
    Smaller, heavier, & all around worse in every way.....well the comedy is just as good or better.
    Man the broccoli bit makes me laugh thinking aboot.

Anyone that thinks just hitting the center is the way to play is a dumbass or horrible at playing, and I wouldn't care for their thoughts on the matter anyway. <--- unpopular?

#488 3 months ago

RFM is a fun game, the only reason I sold mine was to fund another game, I’d like to get one again one day

#489 3 months ago

Ehoh is ridiculously overrated

#490 3 months ago
    Quoted from joemagiera:

Agree 100%.

AFM is more than bash the center but it does have simple rules that are easy to figure out, it's a great mix in a collection with pins like JP that have super dense rule sets. It's always a favorite of guests that come over

#491 3 months ago

BMore-Pinball

AFM could be boiled down to Grab multiball and shoot the center.

Listening to silverball chronicles if you shoot the cow ramp and hit the launch button, it turns your spaceships into cows.

#492 3 months ago

KE is over rated...There, I said it

#493 3 months ago
    Quoted from dsmoke1986:

KE is over rated...There, I said it

King Edward?

KE (resized).jpg
    #494 3 months ago
    Quoted from Ryguy80:

I find AFM to be grossly overrated.

I'm right there with you.

#495 3 months ago

Peanut butter is excellent on garlic bread.

#496 3 months ago

The current level of climate change we are going through is over exaggerated.

#497 3 months ago

most of the events in the winter olympics are boring as hell.

#498 3 months ago

the olympic judges are fair and honest

#499 3 months ago
    Quoted from StoneyCreek:

most of the events in the winter olympics are boring as hell.

Curling should be a prime time sporting event.

#500 3 months ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

Curling should be a prime time sporting event.

Olympic Curling is wonderfully relaxing to watch.

There are 1,009 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!