Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 272 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by Harvester
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 9.34.48?PM (resized).jpeg
    709a09d2-879a-11ed-a75d-100e23d7ea4d (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    modmonk (resized).jpg
    F1E0DF16-C194-461D-8F17-9EEFDE979E3F (resized).jpeg
    73344-2 (resized).jpg
    6AFE43F9-50EF-4A7E-8966-DDBEE0CD4C3E (resized).jpeg
    288851314_4936085766501368_1251805972361615726_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanStl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

So, I haven't caught up on the drama, but just read on the #paytheboob thread the unpop opinion thread was nuked. This was a great thread and deserves to live on with no politics (guessing that was the issue).

First post, I really like to want to like Deadpool, but the the drop target bank on the low right part of the playfield is messing it up for me.

#10 1 year ago

Good start everyone

#12 1 year ago

That would be unpopular, but my son told me same last night. However, he treats ketchup like gravy.

1 week later
    #23 1 year ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Old unpopular opinions thread > new unpopular opinions thread

Give it time. I'm sure there is new unpopular opitions to be said that hadn't been said before.

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from truemagoo102:

Thank you RyanStl for resurrecting the thread. I tried to steer the original one back on course a handful of times but eventually the MAGA force was too strong. Most underrated pinball ever is actually a three way tie between Lights Camera Action, Road Kings and Vector.

We needed it, but for f'ng sake why use triggering political terms in your praise? It took two sides for that thread to enter no man's land. Let's move on y'all.

#58 1 year ago
    Quoted from porkcarrot:

Yes, but that doesn’t mean we can’t comment on ridiculous opinions.

I don't normally give a shit about downvotes. Comment away, but it's not cool to downvote an unpopular opinion. Kind of the point of being unpopular. (not saying you downvoted, btw).

#59 1 year ago

This unpop opinion could go either way depending on the audiance. I just read War and Peace and it sucked donkey balls. Now, I'm watching the BBC 6 episode mini-series and it sucks donkey balls. Why do people that pride themselves on liking books love this so much? The audio book is F'ng 61 hours of boredom.

#69 1 year ago
    Quoted from Foxxstone_80:

I travel for work and listen to a lot of audio books. I Just started listening to the first book in Stephen kings the dark tower series. I absolutely hate it. I forced myself to listen to over half the book hoping it would grow on me..... it didn't. I can't stand the writing style/narration/and the way the characters talk. I know it's supposed to be Stephen kings favorite book series he wrote but it's awful. And they're like 8 more books in the series, no thanks. I enjoy most other Stephen king books I've read/listened to but there is no way I could suffer through this book, if I was reading it I probably would've stopped in the first chapter.

The Dark Tower is my favorite fantasy series (the movie was shite). Even though the first book of the series is not the best one in the group because a couple main characters haven't been met. However, if you can get past Roland and the way he talks, you'll not like the rest. I would cut it loose. Based on what you are saying you would probably hate Lisey's Story as well by SK. Can I hear "bad gunky".

#100 1 year ago
    Quoted from trecemaneras:

Jane Austen > Leo Tolstoy

I read Pride and Prejudice a couple books before War and Peace, and while I agree it was better than W&P, it wasn't for me either. Basically what it had going for it over W&P was it was a lot shorter. I'm really getting into Steinbeck right now. I'm finished the Grapes of Wrath and about half way through East of Eden. Great books.

#105 1 year ago
    Quoted from trecemaneras:

It reads like he wrote the first book in college and then came back 20 years later at the height of his career and started writing the rest.

Are you serious? You nailed it because that's almost exactly what happened. He did rework the original Gunslinger some.

Quoted from DarthPaul:

What does an orangutan have to do with anything?

Oh shite. Just Google it and hopefully nobody here answers.

#112 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Same but didn’t realize that opinion was unpopular.

She looked pretty good getting out of hibernation in Alien. Beyond that, I agree. I don't know why people think Jamie Lee Curtis is attractive. Too each their own.

#119 1 year ago
    Quoted from NEW-B:

Sounds similar to buying a certain theme regardless of any other factors.

LOL, sorry crujones4life, but that was good.

3 weeks later
    #139 1 year ago

Damn, that's the spirit.

#142 1 year ago

Did anyone ever finish 9? I put it up with EP3, Matrix 3, and last Hobbit movie.

#144 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Rogue one is the most overated SW movie. Force groupie & Forrest Whitaker alone make it a comedy.
    Dir me 8 & 9 are fucking horrible, but still better than 1-3. 7 is tight

Agree, 7 was great. and the rest you list sucked ass.

Ok, here's my unpop opinion. If everyone hates E1 so bad and shit on P2K, why are they over $4K on the market?

#146 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

That's a question not an opinion. But the answer is always the same; Theme Whores. Newbs & SW fans always gotta try a SWe1.
    Same reason Freddy sells for over $1100.

You are right. My opinon is it shouldn't be over $4K based on what I read about it, but only because I would love to have one cheap. I suppose that's the most popular opinion about any pin. I fail

#154 1 year ago

SPOILER ALERT

I didn't think Prey was a very good movie, but the wife liked it. I thought the main character going from not great hunter to being the one to save the day was a huge stretch. Give me Arnie any day. Also, the CG animals were bad and I preferred the OG inivisible Predator effects. I think the screenplay needed a lot more work before production.

#156 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

While frequent diarrhea is no fun at all, it is actually a whole lot better than being constipated.
    (I am having some issues with my diverticulitis at the moment, and it is not fun).

I don't know if that's unpopular or not, but isn't it easier to make things move than to stop it up. This reminds me. I have an embarissing confessiong to make in that thread reagarding this.

3 weeks later
    #163 1 year ago
    Quoted from Lamprey:

E.T. The Extra Terrestrial for the Atari 2600 isn't a half bad game.

Never had a chance to play it

1 week later
    #172 1 year ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

The thread was nuked because a little Nancy didn't understand the purpose of the thread. They were offended and didn't like someone else's opion, so they had their little hissing fit and caused a thread melt down .
    It'll happen again here until people realize it's supposed to be something unpopular being posted ! If you don't like something no need to reply,just shut your pie hole and move on .
    Maybe disabling comments for this thread would be a good idea ?

I hear you brother, but don't join the conversation when it goes that way. Be the bigger Man.

2 weeks later
    #181 1 year ago

I've been watching each Bond movie in order and I'm now on Live and Let Die. I have determined I only like the ones where there is crazy technology shit, especially if space is involed. The others so far aren't that great. I mean, I guess if you really like skiing On Her Majesty's Secret Serive might be good.

Also, up to this point the Aston Martin DB5 has only been in two movies. I thought it was a staple and pretty universal. The only conististant thing is Ford MoCo appears to have a deal with the producers.

#182 1 year ago

If you like boating Live and Let Die is the movie for you. Best boat chase scene I've ever seen. Evin has a Smokey and the Bandit sheriff type.

2 weeks later
    #185 1 year ago

How did you watch it? I went to the website and looks like they are running the indy film circuit.

2 weeks later
    #190 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I don't think those metal Precision flippers are worth all the loud hype. I have a few sets and spent a lot of time cutting down return springs to reduce the flutter bounce back of the new flippers.

I have been following that thread since the beginning. Now if you miss a week you're behind three pages. People are liking them for sure. I'll pass though because I don't have a game that needs to be blinged out. They look so good though.

1 week later
    #195 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Glad to see the thread, but it should have been titled "Unpopular Opinion Thread | Part Deux"
    [quoted image]

That's a good idea.

1 month later
    #205 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakeFAttie:

technology in pinball should serve gameplay. Toys and fancy DMDs and Video screens that interrupt gameplay flow are tedious gimmicks for overgrown children that quickly get old, break easily, and mostly serve to increase profits for manufacturers. Real men play pro.

This is probably closer to popular than unpoplular opinion.

2 months later
    #217 1 year ago

Hey, take it eslwhere with your off-topic posting. This is for unpopular opinions, not helping to solve them.

2 weeks later
    #230 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

That Roger Sharp pinball movie has been available on Torrents for a few days now. Watching it later while I work.

So what's your unpopular opinion? Just a place holder, perhaps?

1 week later
    #232 1 year ago

Watch the whole thing and then bitch about it.

#233 1 year ago

Here's a bitch. I used to use torrents back in 2001 until I got a virus and had to replace my computer. Never again and PRAISE LARS!

5 months later
    #238 7 months ago

Looks better.

#249 6 months ago

Yeah, I wouldn't even know about it if it weren't mentioned all the time on Pinside.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanStl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unpopular-opinion-thread-deuce?tu=RyanStl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.