Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 272 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Harvester
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 9.34.48?PM (resized).jpeg
    709a09d2-879a-11ed-a75d-100e23d7ea4d (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    modmonk (resized).jpg
    F1E0DF16-C194-461D-8F17-9EEFDE979E3F (resized).jpeg
    73344-2 (resized).jpg
    6AFE43F9-50EF-4A7E-8966-DDBEE0CD4C3E (resized).jpeg
    288851314_4936085766501368_1251805972361615726_n (resized).jpg
    There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 1 year ago

So, I haven't caught up on the drama, but just read on the #paytheboob thread the unpop opinion thread was nuked. This was a great thread and deserves to live on with no politics (guessing that was the issue).

First post, I really like to want to like Deadpool, but the the drop target bank on the low right part of the playfield is messing it up for me.

#2 1 year ago

The Deadliest Catch TV show is way better than the Gold Rush TV shows.

(Oh, and IBTL).

#3 1 year ago

Keith Elwin is not the GOAT...he has designed 4 pins for the love of God. Let's see what he's coming up with in 5 to 10 years. Then we can compare him to the great designers like Ritchie, Lawlor, etc.

#4 1 year ago

I believe in Newtonian Chronology.....

#5 1 year ago

Unpopular opinion thread deuce is better than the original

#6 1 year ago

I'm just here to write IBTL.

#8 1 year ago

Unpopular Opinion? I kinda miss people shitting on every new Stern endlessly.
    Can we go back to “JJP really knows how to make a game, Gary, take notes!”?

#9 1 year ago

They are watching

288851314_4936085766501368_1251805972361615726_n (resized).jpg288851314_4936085766501368_1251805972361615726_n (resized).jpg
    #10 1 year ago

Good start everyone

#11 1 year ago

I dislike gravy on anything - mashed potatoes, biscuits (and gravy), anything.

#12 1 year ago

That would be unpopular, but my son told me same last night. However, he treats ketchup like gravy.

#13 1 year ago

Colour DMDs are just so way overrated especially now that they are sold out for the foreseeable future.

#14 1 year ago

Ripley’s Believe It Or Not shoots better than Twilight Zone.

#15 1 year ago

I’ve only watched americas got talent a few times..not for the acts, but to creep on Sophia vergara and her guns..

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

I’ve only watched americas got talent a few times..not for the acts, but to creep on Sophia vergara and her guns..

That's a Popular opinion

#17 1 year ago

The fact that I do not and never have liked Fun House, am simply at a loss to its popular appeal

#18 1 year ago

I love heavy traffic on the interstate. I just love how it keeps me on my toes with one foot on the brake and one foot on the gas constantly going from 80mph to suddenly 60mph for no reason.

#19 1 year ago

I like women that jiggle in all the wrong (as well as the right places) when they walk.

#20 1 year ago

Motordome > Road Kings

#21 1 year ago

Old unpopular opinions thread > new unpopular opinions thread

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

one foot on the brake and one foot on the gas

Hey!
    Well there’s too much traffic
    I can’t pass, no
    So I tried my best illegal move
    A big black and white come and crushed my groove again….

6AFE43F9-50EF-4A7E-8966-DDBEE0CD4C3E (resized).jpeg6AFE43F9-50EF-4A7E-8966-DDBEE0CD4C3E (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #23 1 year ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Old unpopular opinions thread > new unpopular opinions thread

Give it time. I'm sure there is new unpopular opitions to be said that hadn't been said before.

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Give it time. I'm sure there is new unpopular opitions to be said that hadn't been said before.

When I go to bed, I just want to go to sleep, no matter what my girlfriend is wearing or not wearing.

(This one should get the win)!

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

Keith Elwin is not the GOAT...he has designed 4 pins for the love of God.

He earned that name as a player before he designed a single game. Easy to carry the nickname over when the pins are so great, but yeah, let's see more. Lots.

Quoted from crujones4life:

Let's see what he's coming up with in 5 to 10 years. Then we can compare him to the great designers like Ritchie, Lawlor, etc.

He's already better than those guys. Of course it helps to stand on the shoulders of giants.

#26 1 year ago

Road Show is easily the most underrated game ever. Fight me bro.

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from OGpinball:

Road Show is easily the most underrated game ever. Fight me bro.

Roadshow is in Pinball FX3. Clearly, it’s well-loved by many.

So I’ll gladly fight you until Pinball FX3 adds the actually most underrated game ever: Shaq-Attaq

#28 1 year ago

Thank you RyanStl for resurrecting the thread. I tried to steer the original one back on course a handful of times but eventually the politics was too strong. Most underrated pinball ever is actually a three way tie between Lights Camera Action, Road Kings and Vector.

#29 1 year ago

I have had more fun painting my Hero Quest miniatures than I have had playing the game with my kids... and they have had more fun pretend playing with the Hero Quest figurines than they have had playing the game with me.

#30 1 year ago

Stern would be better served by making "wider" rather than "deeper" games. Who cares if there is enough code to take a player 2 hours to "beat" Avengers if only 20 players in the world ever see it. Stern would be much better served by having more modes and features accessible earlier in the game. Jurassic Park is another prime example of this. You can make it so that there is still 2 hours of code, but so that most (save the wizard modes) could be accessed earlier.

#31 1 year ago

Downton Abbey is/was great. It's like watching moss grow in real time but I like the dynamic between the "upstairs" and "downstairs" staff/folks.

#32 1 year ago
    Quoted from RWH:

The fact that I do not and never have liked Fun House, am simply at a loss to its popular appeal

I originally misread that as Full House (the TV show) and was completely in agreement with you, oops. I always felt like an outlier for hating that show, specifically the Olsens' character. Stupid insufferable brat!

Now as for correctly reading it as Fun House... yeah I can see how that's an unpopular opinion

#33 1 year ago

I am thinking of raising the rent on my tenants - I told them I wouldn't when they moved in a couple years ago though.

They texted me several months ago that they were going to be moving out. A day later, they wanted to sign another year lease right away - I think they checked on other local rentals and saw I'm a good $300-$500 less than anyone else around.

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I am thinking of raising the rent on my tenants - I told them I wouldn't when they moved in a couple years ago though.
    They texted me several months ago that they were going to be moving out. A day later, they wanted to sign another year lease right away - I think they checked on other local rentals and saw I'm a good $300-$500 less than anyone else around.

You have 24 pinball machines and a property. Give the poor millennials a chance!
    [sincerely, some spoiled millennial]

#35 1 year ago
    Quoted from isJ:

You have 24 pinball machines and a property. Give the poor millennials a chance!
    [sincerely, some spoiled millennial]

lol...well, this particular millennial was telling me she was starting a new job at $90k/yr so......she could afford it....

I doubt I will though, i'll stand by my word. I've told every tenant that as long as they are there, I wont raise the rent. I will probably stop saying that lol.

If they decide to renew AGAIN next March, they'll have to pony up a bit more.......

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from truemagoo102:

Thank you RyanStl for resurrecting the thread. I tried to steer the original one back on course a handful of times but eventually the MAGA force was too strong. Most underrated pinball ever is actually a three way tie between Lights Camera Action, Road Kings and Vector.

We needed it, but for f'ng sake why use triggering political terms in your praise? It took two sides for that thread to enter no man's land. Let's move on y'all.

#37 1 year ago

Gas plasma displays and incandescent bulbs are the CRT monitors of pinball: much more aesthetically pleasing when compared to their modern counterparts and should be preserved whenever possible.
    Both my Cyclone and ES came into my possession still outfitted with incandescent bulbs; I intend to keep them that way while supplies last. Too bad they will only become more and more difficult to find.

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

We needed it, but for f'ng sake why use triggering political terms in your praise? It took two sides for that thread to enter no man's land. Let's move on y'all.

Fair enough. My apologies. Corrected.

Another unpopular opinion: disable the posts on Sterns JP... Takes all of the stop and go out of the game and it's much more frantic.

#39 1 year ago

Themes:
    Venom - LAME
    Bond - LAME
    Jaws - MEH
    OZZY - MEH
    Foo Fighters - absolute GARBAGE

#40 1 year ago

My theme is Deadliest Catch. I have seen every episode for the last 18 years. It is the only show I will miss when my contract runs out and I cut the cord.

#41 1 year ago

Whirlwind is a better game than Twilight Zone and Addams Family.

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from Damen:

Whirlwind is a better game than Twilight Zone and Addams Family.

Twilight Zone is major suckage.

#43 1 year ago

New machines look and feel cheap or more like toys compared to 90s Bally/Williams machines.

#44 1 year ago

The new Xbox is WAY better than the PS5!

#45 1 year ago

“7/11”was a part time job!

#46 1 year ago

The voice actors in Sterns Jurassic Park make Xmens Storm and Beast sound like Oscar winning performances.

Worse
    Voices
    Ever

That Aussie/South African (it’s actually neither) voice is the worst in pinball history.

“There R 4 stuuuuuuff eeeeennn deee paaaaaddd duk” Oooooofff

rd

#47 1 year ago

Up or down votes, likes etc..

#48 1 year ago

Hardtops and Playfield Protector's play just as good as clear coated originals.

#49 1 year ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Hard to find a game I enjoy less than Funhouse.

73344-2 (resized).jpg73344-2 (resized).jpg
    #50 1 year ago

Toy Story is a terrible theme even if it was based off the first 3 movies. Also want to add all of the other Saturday morning cartoons onto this list. He-Man, GI Joe, etc. All dumb kiddie themes. Go play with some action figures instead of dreaming of gluing them to a NIB pinball machine with lunchbox artwork.

There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unpopular-opinion-thread-deuce?hl=mrsiyufy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.