Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 789 posts
  • 141 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    20201028_161015 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160911 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160954 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160854 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160808 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160730 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160717 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160649 (resized).jpg
    listing_photo_136382483126870995 (resized).jpeg
    0C1B4630-C231-4C01-A72A-A20824F0B94B (resized).jpeg
    90D58CE8-FA8B-4F63-A6BD-AB1B735CD11A (resized).jpeg
    download (4) (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpeg
    martha-vandellas (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thatonedude.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 3 years ago

Master of Puppets is still the best overall metal album of all time.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from cscmtp:

Rust in Peace says hello and suck it

Peace Sells, man! I would have met you halfway on that!
    (I was a big Megadeth fan until Dave got religion)

Quoted from VanishingVision:

Power Metal is the best Pantera album by a long shot

Lol

#35 3 years ago

Top most romantic songs
    2 - Justify Your Love by Madonna
    1 - Closer by Nine Inch Nails

Honorable mention: Good Friend and a Bottle of Pills ;P

#178 3 years ago

It amazes me that the same band that put out Appetite for Destruction started shitting out crap like November Rain. Ech.....
    I didn't discover Tool until a year or so ago. I know, I know, how the hell did that happen? Well, prior to this, Sober was about all I knew of them. Then youtube decided I needed to hear some prog metal, and I got on a huge Tool kick. It was nice.

As far as I am concerned, Bieber had one decent song(that I know of), Love Yourself. And that's probably because it's a cover of an Ed Sheeran song.

Last metal concert I went to was Manson and Rob Zombie. Manson sucked. Zombie was like unto a hyperactive god.

#245 3 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Marilyn Manson's Sweet Dreams is one of the best covers of all time.

It is, indeed.

Conversely, Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt is.....amazing. I am on the fence about which one I prefer.

#257 3 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

That song never fit or made sense to me coming from him. Don't get me wrong, he did a great job on the vocals. It just felt obvious and schmaltzy to me.

Knowing his screwed up life, it seemed to fit for me. Tie it to the video, and it was spot on, IMO.
    That being said, most days, I'll spin up the original if I'm in that mood.

Quoted from gambit3113:

Pretty Hate Machine, however, was as close to album perfection as it got for me in 1992.

Not going to argue about that at all. Seems like it hit several of us at the same time(I was in 11th grade in 91/92).

#306 3 years ago

Speaking of concerts, I saw NiN and Soundgarden at the Shoreline.
    I went into it being mildly excited. I left thinking that it was the best concert I've ever attended.

#521 3 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

Thread should be called who can be the biggest contrarian.

No, it shouldn't.

1 week later
    #598 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Even Trent Reznor said Johnny Cash made the song his own in more or less words.

Regardless of Reznor's words, the original is made of win. JC did an excellent job, but I'd still give the edge to NiN. Especially in concert.

Random opinion: A Perfect Circle's Judith is the fastest way to get me from zero to rage of any song(but, strangely, in a very good way).

#601 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

All the pinball dads yakking on about Led Zeppelin, makes me hate Led Zeppelin.

no_stairway (resized).pngno_stairway (resized).png
    #612 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

How bout Johnny's take on Soundgarden's Rusty Cage?

Hmm. Pretty much the same feeling there. Love them both, but I was caught up on Badmotorfinger for a bit when it came out.
    I caught Soundgarden and NiN a few years back on tour together in Mountain View, and it was the best concert I've been to. Both bands were on point, and they hit every single favorite of mine. Neither is absolutely my favorite band, but that show was something else....

#710 3 years ago

I once knew a dude who was so big, he broke an 80s Chevy Citation. It was his sister's car. We were parked in an open lot that doubled as the parking lot of the skating rink. Lots of potholes. Anyway, dude sat on the hood and demanded his sister drive him across the lot. Hit a pothole and blew the transmission.

1 month later
    #776 3 years ago

I like it(holdover from my childhood). The only thing that bothers me now is "Marconi plays the mamba"
    Mamba = snake
    Mambo = music
    Marconi was emphatically not playing the mamba.
    Silly, but it makes me cringe.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thatonedude.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unpopular-music-opinions?tu=thatonedude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.