Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 789 posts
  • 141 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    20201028_161015 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160911 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160954 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160854 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160808 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160730 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160717 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160649 (resized).jpg
    listing_photo_136382483126870995 (resized).jpeg
    0C1B4630-C231-4C01-A72A-A20824F0B94B (resized).jpeg
    90D58CE8-FA8B-4F63-A6BD-AB1B735CD11A (resized).jpeg
    download (4) (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpeg
    martha-vandellas (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seeburg220.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#250 3 years ago

Alex Van Halen is an okay drummer, not great. It always sounds the same: sloppy.

Don Henley has driven me to hate the Eagles. Captain D-bag.

Skynyrd died with Ronnie.

CSNY overrated. Same goes with Jefferson Airplane.

McCartney > Lennon.
    Harrison > McCartney.

Rush is a poor man's Triumph.

Flame away.

#252 3 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

The Autotune has ruined modern music.

Auto tune is the symptom, not the problem. The problem is that the talent gene pool has dried up. Exceptions are there, but it's mostly a cess pool of wanna-be's.

#254 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

The Carpenters music and arrangements were for the most part absolute genius. (Of course, Burt Bacharach pitched in from time to time...)
    I'm not allowed to say that around "real men" without them throwing tampons at me.

Karen was The Caprenters. Her brother gives off that creepy vibe. Some great music.

#255 3 years ago
    Quoted from seeburg220:

Karen was The Caprenters. Her brother gives off that creepy vibe. Some great music.

#259 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Not from 1960 to 1966, Lennon was superior.
    Harrison's songs are good, but McCarntey wrote the basslines (and played guitar lead on Taxman) on his songs, so it isn't apples to apples.

From Sgt Peppers onward, Lennon just got too weird for me. Especially his solo/Yoko stuff. Wings, on the other hand, fucking rocked it!

#263 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thermionic:

The only thing I take issue with is Airplane being "overrated"; I agree there are 3-4 songs which have been hugely overexposed and the Starship era was pure cheese, but "Baxter's", "Crown of Creation", and "Bless it's Pointed Little Head" are 60s masterpieces.
    CSNY on the other hand is an eternal mystery to me; definitely overrated, and unbelievable that SO MUCH (largely unwarranted) ego could originate in such a relatively small place as Laurel Canyon.
    Harrison was probably the best musician in the Beatles, but once he started noodling with the sitar I think he lost interest in playing Rock and didn't really do anything all that compelling (to me) as a solo artist.
    Frey was just about as big of a d-bag as Henley, and I think the two of them were musically stifling to Walsh and Felder.
    To borrow a phrase Ginger Baker once spoke about John Bonham and Keith Moon: "[AVH] had technique but he couldn't swing a sack of shit!"
    While I have the utmost respect for the musicianship of the Rush band members and enjoy most of their albums, the music doesn't really "inspire" me in the way Triumph does (the band's particular combination of uplifting songwriting plus Rik's vocals and soaring guitar leads just WORKS for me, I guess).
    Skynyrd did die with Ronnie, but it doesn't really matter because Outlaws "Green Grass and High Tides" is the best Southern Rock anthem of all time, and is really all you need from the genre!

A brother from a different mother! Green Grass is the one song that is on my Top 1 song to have on an island. The recording is perfect. It truly must be listened through headphones. The clarity of that recording and the way it keeps slowly building like a tide, is unmatched. I think its an underrated song, even though a lot of people know of its title.
    I saw The Outlaws in 2005,06 and 09. The 09 show was after Hughie passed. It wasn't the same, not even close.

As for Rush, that was tongue in cheek. I've seen them 12x. Love both bands.

1 week later
    #522 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

Stevie Nick's has an awful voice, her vibrato sounds like someone is strangling her.

We used to call her the Lamb Woman, because she sounded like a sheep baaaaaing.

#540 3 years ago

The Doors - love Manzarek's keyboards and Kreiger's guitar, especially on Light My Fire, but can't stand Morrison, especially towards the end. Musically, their tones and style were great. But lyrically, a snooze fest.

#577 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thermionic:

All I know is this is probably the worst album cover ever released,

No. This is. And you can't unsee it.

20201026_140946 (resized).jpg20201026_140946 (resized).jpg
    #646 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

All the pinball dads yakking on about Led Zeppelin, makes me hate Led Zeppelin.

GTF off of my lawn!

#711 3 years ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

There has never been a good name named after a state, city, or country.
    And don't give me Chicago.... Any credit they deserve, was wiped away by 80s Peter Cetera....

Boston and Kansas are good. When Terry Kath died, so did Chicago.

#712 3 years ago

Soul Train was better than MTV.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seeburg220.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unpopular-music-opinions?tu=seeburg220 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.