Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 789 posts
  • 141 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    20201028_161015 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160911 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160954 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160854 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160808 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160730 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160717 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160649 (resized).jpg
    listing_photo_136382483126870995 (resized).jpeg
    0C1B4630-C231-4C01-A72A-A20824F0B94B (resized).jpeg
    90D58CE8-FA8B-4F63-A6BD-AB1B735CD11A (resized).jpeg
    download (4) (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpeg
    martha-vandellas (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chisox.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from schwarz:

Most people will never understand Ween but they are one of the greatest bands of all time.

My man!!

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from schwarz:

Most people will never understand Ween but they are one of the greatest bands of all time.

Just wanted to post twice how true this is.

#116 3 years ago

The greatest band to ever come out of Ireland was not U2 (and I’m not a hater)....it was Thin Lizzy.

#133 3 years ago
    Quoted from DrDQ:

Jeff Buckley could have been the greatest.

Good one. That dude was so fucking talented, what a shame.

#135 3 years ago

Tony Iommi should be mentioned in the same breath as the Mount Rushmore guitar players (Page, Clapton, Hendrix ...). Every hard rock/metal band ever loves Black Sabbath.

#155 3 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

U2: Moan and Drone
    Smashing Pumpkins suck: quiet, loud, quiet, loud is the only song structure they know
    I can't really play the Stern Beatles, even though I love the Seawitch ripoff layout, because I hate them so much.
    The Doors: See U2 only with worse smackhead poetry. Morrison was a moron. They had exactly 1 good song: Love Her Madly.
    Radiohead: Pretentious and boring.
    Neil Young hasn't written a good song in 40 years and STILL can't play guitar.
    Ted Nugent was a draft-dodging hippie who rocked ("Just What the Doctor Ordered" is a near perfect rock song), then he suddenly became a redneck moron and thought he could sing.
    Ween's best record is the country one.
    I love Garth Brooks.
    GnR was a power ballad band.
    The '70s were the best decade EVER for music.
    Mick thought Devo's version of Satisfaction was better too!

I like your moxie. Disagree with a couple but that’s why we’re here.

My question is (not necessarily for you)..Bruce Springsteen is great why? I’ve tried and tried but man...yawn.

#157 3 years ago

Faith No More was the best band of the 90s.

#284 3 years ago

Red Hot Chili Peppers are red hot trash because Anthony Kiedis is the most cringeworthy front man in the history of rock. Flea is cool and a couple of their guitar players have been pretty sick, but if they come on a playlist or the radio...click.

#370 3 years ago

The Replacements were not only the best band of the 80s, they were one of the best bands ever and Paul Westerberg is the best songwriter of the last 40 years.

#435 3 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I'm a little late to the party here....
    The Minutemen were the greatest "punk" band. One of the few bands that really transcended definition. Punk? Rock? Post-Hardcore? Alternative pioneers? Definitely one of the most influential bands of the 80s that hardly ever gets mentioned anymore. They could have been so much more if not for their unfortunate end.
    Double Nickles on the Dime is one of the best double LPs ever.
    [quoted image]

You know I was going to post something about the Minutemen but I’m glad I didn’t because you did it much better than I would have. Amazing band.

#437 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I love it, more or less. Nice melodic hard rock and I enjoy the satanic put on and the humor.

I agree. I think it’s because I like Blue Oyster Cult a lot, they had the same tongue in cheek satanic undertones (although more subtle) and when I first heard Ghost I actually thought it was an old unearthed BOC song.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chisox.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unpopular-music-opinions?tu=chisox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.