Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 789 posts
  • 141 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    20201028_161015 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160911 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160954 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160854 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160808 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160730 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160717 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160649 (resized).jpg
    listing_photo_136382483126870995 (resized).jpeg
    0C1B4630-C231-4C01-A72A-A20824F0B94B (resized).jpeg
    90D58CE8-FA8B-4F63-A6BD-AB1B735CD11A (resized).jpeg
    download (4) (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpeg
    martha-vandellas (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SunnRAT.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 3 years ago

"Born Again" by Black Sabbath is an excellent album.

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from oPinsesame:

My thesis: any song in which I can’t clearly understand the lyrics the first time through is less good.
    For example: ABBA , John Denver or Bob Dylan > Nirvana, Ozzy or any song after 2000 (all awful)
    Bobby Bare beats all.

Not sure how Ozzy applies to that. Sure he may be hard to understand in interviews but he can sing lyrics very clearly for the most part.

#97 3 years ago

Danny Kirwan > Lindsey Buckingham

#118 3 years ago

Metallica really isn't that great.

#142 3 years ago

Boris is the greatest band you've never heard of.

#145 3 years ago

Eric Clapton onboard...

...instead of Stevie Ray Vaughn.

#146 3 years ago

Lou Reed doesn't get the respect he deserves.

#206 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thermionic:

Best thing I have seen on SNL this century, I think! About as good as anything done in 1974!
    Fortunately though, White IS NOT the only man keeping the flame! Ty Segall could be his musical "brother" and is even more prolific (Ty Segall Band, White Fence, Fuzz):
    Play LOUD:

Don't forget Kurt Vile.

#225 3 years ago

For being one of the most important styles of music, due to its wide historical influence spanning multiple genres, jazz is still vastly under appreciated by society.

#234 3 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

I totally agree. Two of my favorite Jazz artists are Sonny Rollins and Mose Allison.

Art Blakey, Milt Jackson, and John Coltrane are some of my favorites.

There are/were a number of British rockers who cited jazz musicians as an influence. Bill Ward naming Gene Krupa comes to mind.

#265 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Not a 90s album...could have been the best if it was.
    Leaving the door open to either 'Loveless' or 'AntiChrsit Superstar 'being the best album of the 1990s .

'Loveless' for the win.

#266 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rivv:

How about SUN RA?
    Some of my other jazz favorites are Charles Mingus, Ornette Coleman, Pharaoh Sanders, Eric Dolphy, John Zorn, Thelonious Monk, Nina Simone, and Alice Coltrane.
    My unpopular music opinion is grunge was a boring trend except for a few bands like Melvins and Alice in Chains. And grunge should be forever shamed for birthing those post grunge monstrosities like Nickelback, Puddle of Mudd, Creed, Bush, Three Days Grace, etc.

Damn, all those names are great. Especially Mingus, Coleman and Monk.

Grunge was basically pop music with down tuned guitars. It had its moments, but the best stuff still survives in the independent music scene.

Melvins are great. They started before the big Seattle boom of the late 80s and are still around to this day. They influenced one of my favorite bands, Boris.

Earth is another band from Seattle 1989 that is still around despite a brief hiatus in the late 90s. They are one of my favorite all time and easily my favorite of all the Seattle bands. Started the drone guitar style of music that inspired drone metal, notably Sunn o))).

#272 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thermionic:

I saw them in ‘92, and it was the only concert I have ever left due to it being too loud, literally made me feel physically ill! We lasted about 15 minutes then went to the lobby, which was about as loud as most “normal” concerts in the floor seats, to finish the show!

Sounds like paradise for me!

#304 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jvspin:

Unpopular music opinion?
    Most heavy metal sounds like noise.
    Now get off my lawn...

Your post made me think of this album.

282891658682 (resized).jpg282891658682 (resized).jpg
    #338 3 years ago

I never liked the Dead Milkmen or the Violent Femmes.

The Moldy Peaches suck too.

#344 3 years ago

Nirvana is way better when you slow it down and add reverb.

#369 3 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

And how was Neil Young lucky enough to be dubbed, "the godfather of grunge"?

Because the simpletons of mainstream entertainment saw him perform with Pearl Jam on that award show or whatever and came up with that doofus statement.

I've heard it applied to CCR too, because they wore flannel shirts or something.

#378 3 years ago

The Clash really isnt as great as people think they are.

#449 3 years ago

The older I get, the more I think Henry Rollins is full of shit.

#457 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Why yes, yes there is.

Wendo O. the real deal.

#459 3 years ago

Jethro Tull > Metallica

Edit: ha forgot I was gonna post this earlier. ^

Quoted from o-din:

But probably the worst concert I ever went to. The act was good, but except for that song, the music was almost unbearable.

Atleast you saw them! I missed out before my time but my time still good with what I got today. (Not this year obviously)

#470 3 years ago

Despite what pop culture says about the greatest performances on SNL, this is the number one.

Mostly also because the great Donald Pleasance is host and totally blitzed.

#479 3 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

Last two Sabbath tours were great. Great sound and Ozzy was funnier than hell. Me and my sons had a great time. I don't think any body sat down through both shows. Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler were fantastic.

It was a hard decision, but I chose not to attend those final two tours. I'm glad you and your sons had a great time though. Tony and Geezer can still bring it.

1 week later
    #600 3 years ago

All the pinball dads yakking on about Led Zeppelin, makes me hate Led Zeppelin.

#602 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Eric Clapton is overrated

I'd exchange Clapton to get SRV back.

#606 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If you think you hate them now, just wait until you've played the game more than five times.

The owners wont even get 5 plays in before they decide to sell it for the next machine that gets announced with another relic theme.

#617 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I turned that shit off or changed the station whenever that dude came. Bored in the USA however seemed to be popular with zombies at the time.

Yeah but according to Pinside music experts he made millions and everybody likes him so hes the best and should be the NEXT STERN PIN.

#700 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

The radio stations played it every hour...

They still do!

#701 3 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Back in the day, every male of our species had to pretend to like Journey, REO and/or Foreigner at one point or another to get laid.

"I discovered you could get women to take their clothes off if you had a guitar. And they come off a lot faster if you can play it.” - Lemmy

#729 3 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Yeah, the Stones were at the Superdome. It was Neville Bros, George Thorogood, then the Stones.
    Ozzy was at some outdoor show with La Roux, Foreigner and Loverboy.
    The other Ozzy show was an outdoor show in Baton Rouge with Vandenburg and BOC.
    I dug through my old ticket stubs. Two more I forgot about. Blackfoot with Billy Thorpe at The Warehouse, and Kiss with Zebra at the Superdome.
    Also in Biloxi, Def Lep with Krokus and Jon Butcher Axis.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dude, thank you for posting that. Would loved to have seen that Ozzy and BOC show.

Hows Fultondale these days? I went to Hoover High.

#753 3 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I dont know if this is unpopular or what. Im just confused... what is up with John Legend?
    I feel like I see this guy on tv or internet daily even though his music is piano based schlock and cheez as far as I can tell.
    Pretty generic and bland and its not like he's a great singer... plus dude looks like a bigger version of Webster from the 80s.
    people like this shit? I realize he has ten grammys probably but who likes this?

Is he terrible like Josh Groban? Dunno why I thought of that. Maybe it was the piano schlock and cheese thing.

#757 3 years ago

"The uglier the musician, the better the music."

#764 3 years ago
    Quoted from lastlight:

And yet when I tried to learn the guitar I blew total ass. You need to rethink this.

If I can play it, you can too!

2 years later
    #784 11 months ago

'Technical Ecstasy' is a great album.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SunnRAT.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unpopular-music-opinions?tu=SunnRAT and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.