Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 789 posts
  • 141 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    20201028_161015 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160911 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160954 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160854 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160808 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160730 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160717 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160649 (resized).jpg
    listing_photo_136382483126870995 (resized).jpeg
    0C1B4630-C231-4C01-A72A-A20824F0B94B (resized).jpeg
    90D58CE8-FA8B-4F63-A6BD-AB1B735CD11A (resized).jpeg
    download (4) (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpeg
    martha-vandellas (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Methos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 3 years ago

Dynasty/Unmasked/The Elder are 3 of the top 5 KISS albums.

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Roy Clark was a great guitarist and more talented than Slash.

I think it's generally accepted that Roy was one of the most amazing guitar players of the last 50 years.

#256 3 years ago
    Quoted from seeburg220:

McCartney > Lennon.
    Harrison > McCartney.

Not from 1960 to 1966, Lennon was superior.
    Harrison's songs are good, but McCarntey wrote the basslines (and played guitar lead on Taxman) on his songs, so it isn't apples to apples.

#336 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thermionic:

New Order was indeed one of the most boring concerts I have ever sat through, and I am enough of a fan to own ALL of their albums and many of the singles comps.! Most of the "action" centered around Gillian's keyboard playing and impressive skill and dexterity at swapping 5.25" floppies on-tempo. Bernard mostly just stood there motionless singing and whacking an electronic drum pad to trigger stuff (minimal actual guitar playing, but lots of canned parts played via sequencer), Hook basically didn't move, and there were no surprises or anything else to make it really stand out. Maybe they were simply coked out of their minds and ultra-focused or something, after all it WAS the mid-80s!

I saw them for the only time a few years ago at Summerfest, and it was a fabulous show. Kind of short, but the audience was electric and the band picked up on it.

1 week later
    #531 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

This is absolutely true. Brian Wilson is a genius, and that was him at the peak of his powers. That song DID influence the Beatles, and specifically Paul McCartney.
    Difference is...the Beatles went on to influence EVERYBODY ELSE.
    Boom! Mic Drop.

And Brian Wilson's "genius" pretty much died after that. I saw the guy twice live, and love everything he and his brothers accomplished (Carl WAS the Beach Boys), but their career was much shorter than people remember from a creativity POV. Mac continues to put out great shit.

#549 3 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

OK Ill actually answer the correctly...
    although I am a rock guy I am man enough to admit Duran Duran wrote some catchy ass songs.
    If you dont think so you are wrong.

Duran Duran is the f'ing bomb. Love their material...Taylor's early bass riffs are complex and busier than shit, and Rhodes is amazing. While their first few albums are the best, later material like Thank You and the Wedding Album are spectacular.

#604 3 years ago
    Quoted from lastlight:

I don't think a band has been bigger and then hated more. It likely doesn't help that Bono is... the way he is lol.
    I was a diehard fan until they stopped innovating. Admitting that these days certainly qualifies as unpopular lol. Zooropa was the last album I was into. After that they gave up in my opinion. Saw their popmart tour twice and was thankful but I really wish I'd been born sooner to have seen ZooTV.

Zooropa is a fantastic album, but it didn't have any traction. Pop is good as well, after that I lost touch with them. I did see them on the Popmart tour, was my only time seeing them and they did look like they were going through the motions a bit, but it was still a great show.

#629 3 years ago
    Quoted from lastlight:

God I'm even more unpopular I mistakenly said I jumped off the U2 bandwagon after Zooropa. I forgot about Pop I guess haha. I still really enjoyed at least half of that album. They were still trying to be creative. It really all boils down to age sometimes. When Achtung Baby came out I was a moody as fuck teenager and everything was dramatic and that was the soundtrack to it all (for me). I could worry about music instead of raising a family haha. Achtung Baby is in fact the best album of all time but everyone here already knows that.

Achtung doesn't have one bad song on it. If anything negative can be said, the guitar echo he uses is a bit repeated in multiple songs, but REM did the same thing on Monster. I hear you about age...both Achtung and Zooropa caught me at a wonderful time. By the time Pop came out, I was out of college and it wasn't the same. Still while Pop isn't as strong, "Gone" is one of my favorite songs by them.

#648 3 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Let's get back to unpopular opinions...
    I like Disco.
    "You Sexy Thing" is a killer song.
    "Tell Me Something Good" is a killer song. Rufus and Chaka Khan rocked.
    "Upside Down" is a killer song. Go Disco Diana!
    "Funkytown"
    "Kung Fu Fighting"
    "Theme from SWAT"
    The list goes on and on...

Upside Down is a pretty good tune, same with Kung Fu.

Funkytown needs to die and have all evidence of it's existed wiped off the planet.

Regardless, no one did Disco better than the Bee Gees. They almost made it an art form.

#726 3 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Yeah, the Stones were at the Superdome. It was Neville Bros, George Thorogood, then the Stones.
    Ozzy was at some outdoor show with La Roux, Foreigner and Loverboy.
    The other Ozzy show was an outdoor show in Baton Rouge with Vandenburg and BOC.
    I dug through my old ticket stubs. Two more I forgot about. Blackfoot with Billy Thorpe at The Warehouse, and Kiss with Zebra at the Superdome.
    Also in Biloxi, Def Lep with Krokus and Jon Butcher Axis.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How was the Cult show? Never did get to see them live.

#739 3 years ago
    Quoted from finman2000:

I was at that show as well. What I remember is the crowd screaming "F**k the Cult!" when they played. Seemed like they played the usual five or six songs for an opening act. The Metallic set was great. Probably my favorite Metallica concert to date.
    Seeing the Cult as the main act was a totally different experience. They were great and the fans loved it.

What a fucking waste. That was on the tour of their Sonic Temple CD too, their best album. This is one of the reasons why I don't go to concerts anymore due to the bigotry and close minded shits in the audience.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Methos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unpopular-music-opinions?tu=Methos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.