Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 789 posts
  • 141 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    20201028_161015 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160911 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160954 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160854 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160808 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160730 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160717 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160649 (resized).jpg
    listing_photo_136382483126870995 (resized).jpeg
    0C1B4630-C231-4C01-A72A-A20824F0B94B (resized).jpeg
    90D58CE8-FA8B-4F63-A6BD-AB1B735CD11A (resized).jpeg
    download (4) (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpeg
    martha-vandellas (resized).jpg
    There are 789 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 16.
    #151 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

90's Brit rock (Charlatans, Stone Roses, Happy Monday's, Oasis, Manic Street Preachers, James, Lightning Seeds, etc) was epic.

You forgot RIDE, New Fast Automatic Daffodils, Primal Scream, Moose, early Soup Dragons, McCarthy, and the baddest act of them all: Meat Beat Manifesto (not rock, but the best band from the 80s/90s to come out of England).

#152 3 years ago

here's a fun one..

I like Tool but I find most of their stuff meandering and hard to listen to. I get bored on most stuff they do.

Its cool and unique but write a goddamn actual song once in a while.

#153 3 years ago

U2: Moan and Drone
    Smashing Pumpkins suck: quiet, loud, quiet, loud is the only song structure they know
    I can't really play the Stern Beatles, even though I love the Seawitch ripoff layout, because I hate them so much.
    The Doors: See U2 only with worse smackhead poetry. Morrison was a moron. They had exactly 1 good song: Love Her Madly.
    Radiohead: Pretentious and boring.
    Neil Young hasn't written a good song in 40 years and STILL can't play guitar.
    Ted Nugent was a draft-dodging hippie who rocked ("Just What the Doctor Ordered" is a near perfect rock song), then he suddenly became a redneck moron and thought he could sing.
    Ween's best record is the country one.
    I love Garth Brooks.
    GnR was a power ballad band.
    The '70s were the best decade EVER for music.

Mick thought Devo's version of Satisfaction was better too!

#154 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

What the hell, Sinéad O’Connor had a couple of songs I liked.

Shes's got plenty, but 'Troy' is the best.

That's gotta he my fave Stones song; love it.

#155 3 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Smashing Pumpkins suck: quiet, loud, quiet, loud is the only song structure they know
    I can't really play the Stern Beatles, even though I love the Seawitch ripoff layout, because I hate them so much.
    The Doors: See U2 only with worse smackhead poetry. Morrison was a moron. They had exactly 1 good song: Love Her Madly.
    Ted Nugent was a draft-dodging hippie who rocked ("Just What the Doctor Ordered" is a near perfect rock song), then he suddenly became a redneck moron and thought he could sing.
    I love Garth Brooks.

I like your moxie. Disagree with a couple but that’s why we’re here.

My question is (not necessarily for you)..Bruce Springsteen is great why? I’ve tried and tried but man...yawn.

#156 3 years ago

Shoegaze Music is underrated

#157 3 years ago

Faith No More was the best band of the 90s.

#158 3 years ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

Shoegaze Music is underrated

OG shoegaze or the more modern, surf music variety? Both outdoor be i guess.

#159 3 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

I don’t think this is an unpopular statement. I definitely concur.
    70s best
    60s next
    80s next
    All rest meh.

#160 3 years ago

The Grateful Dead and Phish are both unbearably awful.

#161 3 years ago

Doom 2016 soundtrack is fucking amazing

#162 3 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I like Tool but I find most of their stuff meandering and hard to listen to. I get bored on most stuff they do.

If you ever get a chance, go check out Tool in concert. It just might change your opinion.

#163 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

You forgot RIDE, New Fast Automatic Daffodils, Primal Scream, Moose, early Soup Dragons, McCarthy, and the baddest act of them all: Meat Beat Manifesto (not rock, but the best band from the 80s/90s to come out of England).

Good call.

Also Inspiral Carpets, Blur, The Coral, etc.

#164 3 years ago
    Quoted from bane:

The Grateful Dead and Phish are both unbearably awful.

How dare you, Sir!

(Checking my original post about how music is subjective)

...(sigh). Carry on.

#165 3 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

I love Garth Brooks.

Yo...Mark! I'm wit' ya with everything except Beatles and Radiohead.
    I've also seen U2 (front row!!) and they put on an amazing show even though Bono can be insufferable.

#166 3 years ago

Queens of the stone age haven't put out a decent album since Era Vulgaris.

#167 3 years ago

I do not recommend you wear sunglasses at night

#168 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Good call.
    Also Inspiral Carpets, Blur, The Coral, etc.

Yes... Insprial Carpets! Moo! "Cool as Fuck!"

#169 3 years ago

Of all the newer bands that are putting out music now, Greta Van Fleet has to be in the top three!

#170 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

If you ever get a chance, go check out Tool in concert. It just might change your opinion.

Been there done that... again I like the band I just find their allot of their long ass meandering "songs" a bit much to keep my attention.

#171 3 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Yup... after OK computer

#172 3 years ago

Good morning!

#173 3 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

I watched them live in Oslo once. 10-15 years ago. Good times.

I was set to watch them in 2009 at the Rock The Bells tour, but had to change my plans. Sucks too as the lineup was awesome!

11D0A6D6-E50B-4F0A-A019-C7CB9912F887 (resized).jpeg11D0A6D6-E50B-4F0A-A019-C7CB9912F887 (resized).jpeg
    #174 3 years ago

I’m also a big fan of Vampire Weekend!

#175 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

What was the last good album Jesus put out?

"Walk on Water" was pretty cool but some of his later stuff, not so much. It's like he went down hill after "The last supper"

#176 3 years ago

I could easily go the rest of my lifetime without listening to another Led Zep or GNR song. Wouldn't miss any of the songs at all.

#177 3 years ago

Good Afternoon!

#178 3 years ago

It amazes me that the same band that put out Appetite for Destruction started shitting out crap like November Rain. Ech.....
    I didn't discover Tool until a year or so ago. I know, I know, how the hell did that happen? Well, prior to this, Sober was about all I knew of them. Then youtube decided I needed to hear some prog metal, and I got on a huge Tool kick. It was nice.

As far as I am concerned, Bieber had one decent song(that I know of), Love Yourself. And that's probably because it's a cover of an Ed Sheeran song.

Last metal concert I went to was Manson and Rob Zombie. Manson sucked. Zombie was like unto a hyperactive god.

#179 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

The greatest band to ever come out of Ireland was not U2 (and I’m not a hater)....it was Thin Lizzy.

#180 3 years ago

Falco was an under-appreciated tortured soul. First Austrian rapper, turned out some good stuff, especially considering his life was a wreck (no pun intended).

#181 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Yes... Insprial Carpets! Moo! "Cool as Fuck!"

I got into them when they released "This is How it Feels" as a single but was pleasently surprised on how good the deep tracks were.

#182 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Never heard of Moose but now I'm doing a deep dive. I love what I'm hearing so far.

Making a Spotify playlist with Moose, New Fast Automatic Daffodils and McCarthy. I consider myself a music geek but I have to admit, I've never heard anything from those bands. Thank you!

#183 3 years ago

Belle & Sebastian should be huge in the U.S.

Doves and Elbow too.

#185 3 years ago

Jack White is the only man keeping rock music alive.
    Saw him on SNL last night. Epic!

#186 3 years ago
    Quoted from oPinsesame:

Frank Zappa’s Joe’s Garage is the best rock opera ever.

Ha the lyrics and story are FAR too fucking stupid for that to be true but the music is amazing.

#187 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

That blue guitar he played for the second song was an EVH model he bought from Eddie. He did a nice little attempt at finger tapping in the middle of the song as tribute.

That first guitar he played - telecaster with a bigsby - was bizarre !

#188 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

Boris is the greatest band you've never heard of.

While I love Boris, they are too wildly inconsistent for this to be true (though I appreciate the branching out/experimentation).

#189 3 years ago

Forgot Slowdive and Grandaddy.

#190 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

This, this and this.
    The last rock star! His tone is unbelievable.
    Plus he is a songwriting god as well.
    I hate that bucket list shit, but if I could jam with Jack White before I die, it would be killer!

#191 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That first guitar he played - telecaster with a bigsby - was bizarre !

Love me some frankenstein geetars.

When I was was at Ernie Ball, we made a few 5 strings for Keef for his open G thang and some 3 string basses for Tony Levin with magnets in the neck and removable fingerboards with magnets. One of the fingerboards was a stainless steel fretless. Talk about metal!

#192 3 years ago

Cranky and ornery right now...
    Jimmy Page was sloppy as shit. KILLER riffs, but his solos were so sloppy. (Side note: He was the session guitarist on Tom Jones's "It's Not Unusual" and "What's New Pussycat.")
    I would have loved to jam with the Dead, but listening to that shit? No dice, cheese slice.

Quoted from Chisox:

The greatest band to ever come out of Ireland was not U2 (and I’m not a hater)....it was Thin Lizzy.

Thin Lizzy rules, but their lyrics were completely ridiculous. I mean, we do a cover of Cowboy Song (one of the great rock licks) at band night, but those lyrics are just gibberish! Almost as gibberishy as Zeppelin.
    Pink Floyd never threw away an idea, no matter how lame or boring. Once Syd left, it was all downhill. The Wall is egregiously bad. ooooh... sound effects!
    Obviously the Bon AC/DC is better.
    Steve Howe is Chet Atkins on LSD.

#193 3 years ago

+1 for Steve Howe and Bon

#194 3 years ago

Don't tell my wife but I like both Katy Perry and Taylor Swift.

Yeah I said it.

#195 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Never heard of Moose but now I'm doing a deep dive. I love what I'm hearing so far.
    Making a Spotify playlist with Moose, New Fast Automatic Daffodils and McCarthy. I consider myself a music geek but I have to admit, I've never heard anything from those bands. Thank you!

Check out The Close Lobsters

McCarthy was great...they put out albums on Midnight Records. If I’m not mistaken, one of the members created StereoLab

#196 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Don't tell my wife but I like both Katy Perry and Taylor Swift.
    Yeah I said it.

Ill watch the videos if I can turn the sound off if you catch my drift......

#197 3 years ago

Peppi Marchello of the Good Rats, is the best rock vocalist you've never heard of.

#198 3 years ago

Pearl Jam and Led Zepplin are miracles of modern marketing.
    All of Beck's music is derogatory and intentionally designed to insult his fans.
    Male dominated music genres lyrics are almost entirely female objectification.
    Thin Lizzy lyrics are Shakespeare compared to Kiss.

#199 3 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Peppi Marchello of the Good Rats, is the best rock vocalist you've never heard of.

Might as well get back to your music

#200 3 years ago

Best pinside thread is a very long time. Thanks OP!

There are 789 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unpopular-music-opinions/page/4?hl=elvishasleft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.