Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 789 posts
  • 141 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    20201028_161015 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160911 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160954 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160854 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160808 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160730 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160717 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160649 (resized).jpg
    listing_photo_136382483126870995 (resized).jpeg
    0C1B4630-C231-4C01-A72A-A20824F0B94B (resized).jpeg
    90D58CE8-FA8B-4F63-A6BD-AB1B735CD11A (resized).jpeg
    download (4) (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpeg
    martha-vandellas (resized).jpg
    There are 789 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 16.
    #51 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Lol, I’d be a huge Rush fan if all they did were instrumentals.

Ditto. I could say the same for Iron Maiden. High pitched male singers are awful sounding to my ears.

#52 3 years ago

Billy Corgan's voice reminds me of a pesky fly that keeps buzzing in my ear.

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Rush, undeniably talented musicians but every time I hear Geddy Lee’s voice I want to drive ice picks into my ears.

And echoes with the sound of salesman Of salesman of salesman!

Try and get that one out of your head!

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Roy Clark was a great guitarist and more talented than Slash.

I think it's generally accepted that Roy was one of the most amazing guitar players of the last 50 years.

#55 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Rush, undeniably talented musicians but every time I hear Geddy Lee’s voice I want to drive ice picks into my ears.

I'm so sorry God gave you "Made In China" ears. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

#56 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I think it's generally accepted that Roy was one of the most amazing guitar players of the last 50 years.

Not on this forum.

#57 3 years ago

Primus Sucks

#58 3 years ago

Use Your Illusion 1 & 2 > Appetite for Destruction

Alice in Chains blows away Nirvana and Pearl Jam

Hair metal gets undeservedly beat up by people because they think it's cool to do so.

#59 3 years ago

Tool and Pantera are two of the most overrated bands in Metal.

Immortal “Sons of Northern Darkness” is the best Metal album this century so far.

Tommy Bolin and Steve Morse were Deep Purple’s best guitarists.

Gentle Giant and Caravan were the most interesting bands of the 70s.

“Presto” was Rush’s most musically accomplished album.

“Exciter” was Depeche Mode’s best album.

Sugar “Copper Blue” and Ween “The Mollusk” are the best albums of the 90s.

The best Psychedelic bands from the 60s-present were/are mostly from Austin.

Johnny Thunders and Richard Hell were the coolest non-Jazz musicians NYC ever produced.

Quoted from PoMC:

Oh yeah!

I love this video of him and Glen Campbell; it is absolute peak-level musical accomplishment and interplay regardless of genre, almost certainly a higher level of virtuosity than Slash is capable of (despite him being a truly great Rock player).

#60 3 years ago

The Beatles aren't that good.

Rolling stones are shit

Ace of base rules

Wang Chung is better than madonna.

#61 3 years ago

Love the riff at 2:20

#62 3 years ago

I say this as someone who almost exclusively listens to hip-hop and R&B...

Phil Collins is a musical genius.

#63 3 years ago

Ice Cube's cousin Del the Funkee Homosapien is the more talented of the two. In fact his 1993 album No Need for Alarm is one of the most criminally underrated hip hop albums of all time.

Appetite for Destruction saved rock & roll.

Sober Trent Reznor and sober Robert Smith never wrote a good song.

Tupac and Biggie both are remembered as being much better than they really were. Not that they were in any way untalented or didn't make some great music. But they weren't what we made them posthumously.

Rage Against the Machine's eponymous first album is a top 10 album of all time.

Smashing Pumpkins got the rep and jest that Pearl Jam deserved.

Of DFW area bands, Tripping Daisy deserved the attention and fame that the Toadies enjoyed.

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Ice Cube's cousin Del the Funkee Homosapien is the more talented of the two. In fact his 1993 album No Need for Alarm is one of the most criminally underrated hip hop albums of all time.

I've been buying up some hip-hop collections lately and I got that album in one a couple weeks back. I haven't listened to it yet though. I'll have to give it a go. Love me some Ice Cube.

#65 3 years ago
    EB8068ED-35FE-4C9B-B151-7DFA675200D1 (resized).pngEB8068ED-35FE-4C9B-B151-7DFA675200D1 (resized).png
    #66 3 years ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

I've been buying up some hip-hop collections lately and I got that album in one a couple weeks back. I haven't listened to it yet though. I'll have to give it a go. Love me some Ice Cube.

It's different from Cube. He did not go in the gansta rap direction. He caught onto some early skateboard videos and was big in the Thrasher mag crowd. It's more pure hip hop.

#67 3 years ago
    Quoted from gecko157:

[quoted image]

I love Depeche Mode. Without shame. I love 80s New Wave overall, but DM is my favorite of them all. I know we are supposed to like The Smiths and The Cure and New Order more. I love those bands, too. But not as much as DM. Fight me.

#68 3 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

It's different from Cube. He did not go in the gansta rap direction. He caught onto some early skateboard videos and was big in the Thrasher mag crowd. It's more pure hip hop.

I liked Mistadobalina, but that's the only track of his I remember.

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

I liked Mistadobalina, but that's the only track of his I remember.

Oh, dig into No Need for Alarm. Mistadobalina is early, silly stuff in my opinion.

#70 3 years ago

Unpopular you say? I'm about to be the most unpopular person here.

Japanese Death Metal.

ikd-sj -- Rum Raisin

#71 3 years ago

I fucking hate GNR because of Axl
    Same band with Scott Weiland = Amazing

#72 3 years ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

I say this as someone who almost exclusively listens to hip-hop and R&B...
    Phil Collins is a musical genius.

Absolutely, no question.

(Bass player and guitars not too shabby either!)

#73 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

My vote would be Jerry Reed.

#74 3 years ago
    Quoted from cscmtp:

I'm so sorry God gave you "Made In China" ears. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Geddy Lee’s voice reminds me of when my daughter was pre pubescent and whined that she was bored.

#75 3 years ago

Rush is one of those bands that I really like what I like (very little, actually). But really hate what I don’t like. I can’t just put it on and let it play.

#76 3 years ago

Billie Eilish is straight fire.

Jurassic Five is one of the top five rap groups in rap history so far.

Van Hagar is just as good as Van Halen.

Justin Bieber’s music is better than you think it is.

‘Shattered’ is The Rolling Stones’s best song.

‘Art School Girlfriend’ is Stone Temple Pilots’s best song.

The Human Beat Box was better at beatboxing than Doug E. Fresh.

#77 3 years ago

The Doors are the most overrated band of all time.

#78 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBJB:

Billie Eilish is straight fire.
    Jurassic Five is one of the top five rap groups in rap history so far.
    Van Hagar is just as good as Van Halen.
    Justin Bieber’s music is better than you think it is.
    ‘Shattered’ is The Rolling Stones’s best song.
    ‘Art School Girlfriend’ is Stone Temple Pilots’s best song.
    The Human Beat Box was better at beatboxing than Doug E. Fresh.

You listen to Justin Bieber’s music?

#79 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

You listen to Justin Bieber’s music?

I listen to *almost* all kinds of music out there. Variety is the spice of life. Rock, rap, hard rock, top 40, dance, pop, classical, etc.

And yes, The Biebs has some decent stuff.

#80 3 years ago

Your not the first to say it’s decent but I still avoid listening to it.

#81 3 years ago

I have a hard time calling Iron Maiden metal - it’s just not heavy enough. It’s like hard prog or something.

Why are the so huge? It’s 75 percent Eddie, 15 percent The admittedly badass name of the band, and the other 10 percent their first 3 albums.

#82 3 years ago

The Smith's are OVERRATED

#83 3 years ago

I'm already tired of listening to the Led Zeppelin pin.

#84 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Abolutely...and so was that guy from smokey and the bandit!

#85 3 years ago

Mac millers album circle is one of the most underrated of all time.

#86 3 years ago

Rock started to die in the mid 90s with the advent of all the boy bands and and teen pop queens and when teens started to embrace crap rap.
    Not to say that there is not some good music in those genres, but percentage of crap vs. gold nuggets is about 90/10.

But can anyone here name any song produced in past 25 yrs that will be in the zeitgeist in 5 to 50 yrs later.
    Of course most everyone here on pinside is an old fart with average age of 50 yrs old.

#87 3 years ago
    Quoted from TomT:

The Smith's are OVERRATED

I appreciate what they did, but I somewhat agree. And I love The Smiths. But Morrissey’s solo catalog is as good if not better. In fact, I think I do prefer his solo stuff in whole. How Soon is Now is damned near phonic perfection as far as I am concerned, but other than that there’s nothing The Smiths did that wasn’t met or surpassed by Morrissey on his own.

#88 3 years ago
    Quoted from shimmydisc:

The Doors are the most overrated band of all time.

I would put them in the top 3 most overrated, with U2 and The Beatles.

#89 3 years ago

There are very few bands where I end up loving more than two albums. Either they keep sounding the same and it gets old, or they change enough that it’s not the same music you fell in love with.

Every one of the six albums from The Mars Volta is incredible. When I try to use music recommendation services to find similar artists, I don’t like any “related” bands. I’ve only ever heard a single track that reminds me of them at all: 21st Century Schizoid Man by King Crimson.

TMV isn’t for everyone. It’s often very intense, and the lead vocals are an instant turnoff for many. I’ve only ever met two people who also love them...though their first album sold 500,000 copies.

Those guys are geniuses and I can’t find anyone else like them.

#90 3 years ago

Iron Butterfly's 'Metamorphosis' is also one of the most underrated albums of all time. The 14 minute long 'Butterfly Bleu' is superb. Crank it up.

#91 3 years ago

Guns and Roses is way overrated... first record is good but the rest? meh

#92 3 years ago

People using terms like "overrated" often have bad taste in music or are insecure in their taste. Like what does that even mean? "Too many people like a thing I don't like!" Like, hey, who cares? I don't care about k-pop, it doesn't mean it's overrated.

#93 3 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

People using terms like "overrated" often have bad taste in music or are insecure in their taste. Like what does that even mean? "Too many people like a thing I don't like!" Like, hey, who cares? I don't care about k-pop, it doesn't mean it's overrated.

I would agree with this. I mean, everything on the entire fucking planet is both overrated and underrated depending on whom you ask.

When it comes to music, saying things like “the Beatles / u2 / Pink Floyd / stones etc” are overrated is completely fucking pointless. These bands are part of the fabric of modern society, they are bigger than Jesus, and some contrarian saying they are “overrated” is pretty ridiculous. They’ve sold hundreds of millions of albums and concert tickets, touched the lives of billions of people and their legacy has survived and thrived for decades.

Just say you don’t like them. It doesn’t make you sound smarter or more Clever to claim Elvis is “overrated.”

It’s like saying air or water is overrated.

#94 3 years ago
    Quoted from gecko157:

[quoted image]

An Orgazmo reference! Wow! I have truly seen it all on here today!

#95 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

they are bigger than Jesus,

Dumbest comment of the year.

#96 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

Are you ready for a brand new beat?

Holy crap!

I just assumed that you posted the original music video of the song. Had never heard this before.

Hilarious!!!!!

#97 3 years ago

Danny Kirwan > Lindsey Buckingham

#98 3 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

La Coka Nostra for hip hop.
    Loathe for some heavy metal

I watched them live in Oslo once. 10-15 years ago. Good times.

#99 3 years ago

Crazy Levi is WAY overrated on Pinside.

#100 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Dumbest comment of the year.

8A1AB831-AC94-46E5-885D-089CA58C42DB (resized).jpeg8A1AB831-AC94-46E5-885D-089CA58C42DB (resized).jpeg
    There are 789 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unpopular-music-opinions/page/2?hl=elvishasleft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.