Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 789 posts
  • 141 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    20201028_161015 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160911 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160954 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160854 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160808 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160730 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160717 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160649 (resized).jpg
    listing_photo_136382483126870995 (resized).jpeg
    0C1B4630-C231-4C01-A72A-A20824F0B94B (resized).jpeg
    90D58CE8-FA8B-4F63-A6BD-AB1B735CD11A (resized).jpeg
    download (4) (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpeg
    martha-vandellas (resized).jpg
    There are 789 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 16.
    #651 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

All the pinball dads yakking on about Led Zeppelin, makes me hate Led Zeppelin.

Dude they play on the radio here like 20 times a day it’s ridiculous hahah

#652 3 years ago

Here is my hot-take. The Foofighters make very bland and generic rock. I do like a few of their songs but all of their “Learning to..” songs actually make me mad.

#653 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

The Offspring is one of the top punk rock / pop punk bands ever. Highly under appreciated band today that had a string of several great albums for about a decade.

Garden Grove represent!

Quoted from Hi-Fi:

The Foofighters make very bland and generic rock. I do like a few of their songs but all of their “Learning to..” songs actually make me mad.

They have always been a band that needs a real singer.

#654 3 years ago

ELO was nearly ELP

#655 3 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

ELO was nearly ELP

But without the half hour solos.

#656 3 years ago

Eagles make me puke....best song Don Henley must die, by MoJo Nixon

#657 3 years ago

Only good eagle is Joe Walsh, but none of the radio stations ever heard of him. Just non stop Eagles/Don Henley/Glen Frey repeat.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
    #658 3 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

Only good eagle is Joe Walsh

Joe Walsh was better with The James Gang.

#659 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Joe Walsh was better with The James Gang.

And they had the funk to prove it.

#660 3 years ago
    Quoted from algrande:

best song Don Henley must die, by MoJo Nixon

First time I heard that 30 years ago, I was ROTFL. We had a radio station with a real sense of humor.

#661 3 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Yer killing me, Cowboy. He was whiny, and even Dudley, the guitar designer who helped save the whole enterprise, got tired of it... and he worked with Prince! Albert Lee was picky without being whiny, so was Lukather, and Tony Levin, and almost everyone else that came through.
    Re: Someone working in the factory... At that time the "factory" was maybe 6 dudes. I did EVERYTHING from raw wood all the way up to sanding for finish. And our SLO made necks most certainly did not warp or have other issues AT ALL. That's a recent thing. I'm talking about 35 years ago.

Just sayin... your sparking attitude (and probably that of Dudleys) are most likely what has kept Music man second tier in the US guitar market

Which is a shame because they make nice stuff...

A friend of mine is an authorized dealer and dropped the brand due to being a hassle to deal with and slow sales.

Only model these days that sells is that ugly ass Petrucci thing.

#662 3 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

Only good eagle is Joe Walsh, but none of the radio stations ever heard of him. Just non stop Eagles/Don Henley/Glen Frey repeat.
    [quoted image]

Huh?

Joe Walsh is played on classic rock stations ad nauseam.

Rocky Mountain Way, Funk 49 and Lifes been good I have heard 100s of times even if I dont want to.

#663 3 years ago

Put Kiss' Psycho Circus in your Met and see how good it sounds! I can't believe they didnt put it in their machine...

#664 3 years ago
    Quoted from algrande:

Eagles make me puke....best song Don Henley must die, by MoJo Nixon

Not unpopular I'm right there with ya lol. Wait... that might actually make it unpopular.

#665 3 years ago

Eagles are the fucking worst no doubt. I guess it's kind of pop/rockish enough to hide the fact it's country music?

#666 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Eagles are the fucking worst no doubt. I guess it's kind of pop/rockish enough to hide the fact it's country music?

Don't knock country. They made like 2 or 3 good songs.

#667 3 years ago

Some people paid hundreds of dollars over the already stupidly high prices the Eagles got on the
    Hell Freezes Over Time To Cash In tour.
    download (4) (resized).jpegdownload (4) (resized).jpeg

#668 3 years ago
    Quoted from lastlight:

I don't think a band has been bigger and then hated more. It likely doesn't help that Bono is... the way he is lol.
    I was a diehard fan until they stopped innovating. Admitting that these days certainly qualifies as unpopular lol. Zooropa was the last album I was into. After that they gave up in my opinion. Saw their popmart tour twice and was thankful but I really wish I'd been born sooner to have seen ZooTV.

I felt the same way a couple years ago. Not a big fan of last few U2 albums. Then, whenever my wife’s iPhone would connect to a speaker, it would start playing the Songs of Innocence album- the one they couldn’t give away. There are some decent efforts- Iris, Every Breaking wave.. U2 consistently evolved and found fans, it was impressive.

Anyway, isn’t it time to let go of the hate? Can’t we all come together and appreciate Nickelback for being the best thing to ever come out of Canada? yeah Gretzky included. I played this for my kids when they heard a Nickelback joke, and they didn’t get the joke.
    Playboy bunnies, Chuck Liddell... Feel like Christopher Reeves in that time traveling movie- take me back, take me back to the early 2000s.. Was it better or I’m just old and quarantine is getting old?

#669 3 years ago

People that say there hasn't been any good music in years, and would you want a Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift pinball machine, don't want to admit that even in the 70s and 80s there were high grossing acts that they wouldn't want either.

Would you like a Madonna or Paula Abdul pinball machine instead? Or perhaps the Bee Gees?

#670 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

People that say there hasn't been any good music in years, and would you want a Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift pinball machine, don't want to admit that even in the 70s and 80s there were high grossing acts that they wouldn't want either.
    Would you like a Madonna or Paula Abdul pinball machine instead? Or perhaps the Bee Gees?

omg everything you just listed off caused me to shudder. tho i gotta say... my daughter loves t-swift and she does have some pretty catchy tunes lol.

#671 3 years ago
    Quoted from lastlight:

omg everything you just listed off caused me to shudder. tho i gotta say... my daughter loves t-swift and she does have some pretty catchy tunes lol.

It's a common thing around here. People are always playing the Bieber and Swift card when it comes to modern music. Obviously, they don't get out much.

#672 3 years ago

There has never been a good name named after a state, city, or country.

And don't give me Chicago.... Any credit they deserve, was wiped away by 80s Peter Cetera....

#673 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I would absolutely buy a Madonna or Bee Gees pin.

#674 3 years ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

I would absolutely buy a Madonna or Bee Gees pin.

Or perhaps a Leif Garret or a Bobby Sherman?

90D58CE8-FA8B-4F63-A6BD-AB1B735CD11A (resized).jpeg90D58CE8-FA8B-4F63-A6BD-AB1B735CD11A (resized).jpeg
    #675 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

That's kind of the point isn't it? Country-influenced rock.

Can't diss the Eagles, those vocal harmonies are on fucking point. And you can't deny songs like Life in the Fast Lane or Hotel California are rock.

This thread has really devolved from "unpopular music opinions" to "music opinions" to "a bunch of stuff people are saying about music that isn't popular or unpopular its just stuff they say and also Odin found a thread he likes that he won't get thrown out of so every 3rd post is his like that boomer nostalgia 1970s thread."

#676 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

like that dumb 1970s thread.

There's a 1970s thread?

#677 3 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

There's a 1970s thread?

It's magical!

If you like pictures of stuff from the 70s pulled from google it's the thread for you.

Lawn darts! Shitty chain restaurants that have been tits up for 30 years! Various earth-tone colored appliances.

It's all there baby!

#678 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's magical!
    If you like pictures of stuff from the 70s pulled from google it's the thread for you.
    Lawn darts! Shitty chain restaurants that have been tits up for 30 years! Various earth-tone colored appliances.
    It's all there baby!

Well, what is one to do. “That thread”, can’t name it, was locked.

#679 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

My unpopular music opinion: The Offspring is one of the top punk rock / pop punk bands ever. Highly under appreciated band today that had a string of several great albums for about a decade.

I agree with this. Offspring has been kinda lost in the shuffle....

#680 3 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Huh?
    Joe Walsh is played on classic rock stations ad nauseam.
    Rocky Mountain Way, Funk 49 and Lifes been good I have heard 100s of times even if I dont want to.

Needs more Ordinary Average Guy and Space Age Whiz Kids

#681 3 years ago

I'm no BeeGees fan, but they had infinitely more talent and creativity than Madonna or Paula Abdul. Of course any number divided by zero is infinity.

#682 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Well, what is one to do. “That thread”, can’t name it, was locked.

The magical 1970s are back!!!

#683 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's magical!

It's all there baby!

The inspiration came from that 80s thread which is oh so much better.

If only I had a time machine and could go back to the 80s, I could buy a brand new K car!

#684 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If only I had a time machine and could go back to the 80s, I could buy a brand new K car!

My parents had a 1981 Plymouth Horizon. It was the worst car we ever owned and it's not even close!

#685 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My parents had a 1981 Plymouth Horizon. It was the worst car we ever owned and it's not even close!

But will it get us to the Madonna concert?

#686 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

But will it get us to the Madonna concert?

I live in NYC so I walked to the Madonna concert.

It kinda sucked, frankly.

(the show, not the walk)

#687 3 years ago

Ah, the supreme 80s, back when our feet did the work. Even if you didn't live close, you walked because your car was a piece.

#688 3 years ago

Never went to a Madonna concert but did go to a Stevie Nicks. It was OK, first sit down concert I went to. 1984. She changed her clothes after every song which made it kinda long and boring.

Oh, and the best car from the ‘80’s would be the brown 1982 Toyota Celica with the 22r motor and sunroof!

0C1B4630-C231-4C01-A72A-A20824F0B94B (resized).jpeg0C1B4630-C231-4C01-A72A-A20824F0B94B (resized).jpeg
    #689 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Oh, and the best car from the ‘80’s would be the brown 1982 Toyota Celica with the 22r motor and sunroof!

Great car!

But remember, the 80s were all about buying the new and improved American quality machines! 0% financing is here! Buying Japanese is pure sacrilege! Our cars are better!

Lee Iacocca wouldn't lie to me!

#690 3 years ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

And don't give me Chicago....

I give you Chicago Transit Authority. Great outfit! Especially if you like to ride the bus.

#691 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Ah, the supreme 80s, back when our feet did the work. Even if you didn't live close, you walked because your car was a piece.

If I ever got that prized parking spot in college. I’d leave it there for weeks and either walk or ride my bike. Very important, back then, to look out my dorm window and see my car.

#692 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's kind of the point isn't it? Country-influenced rock.
    Can't diss the Eagles, those vocal harmonies are on fucking point. And you can't deny songs like Life in the Fast Lane or Hotel California are rock.

My ex made me go see the Eagles a few years back... they were fantastic musically.

They were also boring as hell.

They "sound like the record" live which I find about as boring as can be.

I have already heard these songs 4000 times.. most people have the records whats the point of standing there doing note perfect versions of the songs?

And it was over 3 hours... shoot me.

#693 3 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

My ex made me go see the Eagles a few years back... they were fantastic musically.
    They were also boring as hell.
    They "sound like the record" live which I find about as boring as can be.
    I have already heard these songs 4000 times.. most people have the records whats the point of standing there doing note perfect versions of the songs?
    And it was over 3 hours... shoot me.

To their credit didn’t they get Hotel California out of the way early?

When I saw them they played it 3rd! Ballsy move!

#694 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

To their credit didn’t they get Hotel California out of the way early?
    When I saw them they played it 3rd! Ballsy move!

Back in the day, if you didn’t like Hotel California there was something wrong with you. The radio stations played it every hour and I had to pretend it was great!

#695 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"

I can. I'm not musically knowledgeable enough to have their vocal harmonies do anything for me.
    Life in the fast lane is a fantastic song no doubt.

#696 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Back in the day, if you didn’t like Hotel California there was something wrong with you. The radio stations played it every hour and I had to pretend it was great!

Back in the day, every male of our species had to pretend to like Journey, REO and/or Foreigner at one point or another to get laid.

#697 3 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Back in the day, every male of our species had to pretend to like Journey, REO and/or Foreigner at one point or another to get laid.

But REO was rad. Gimme some sweet-ass High Infidelity!

#698 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

not a Le Car?

#699 3 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

WOW! Somebody stopped believing’. Throwing Steve Perry, an American treasure, under the bus- there’s unpopular opinions and then there’s living in a shack hundreds of miles from civilization with the Unabomber unpopular.

Perry had one of the best voices ever- yeah cheesy music but what a voice.

#700 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

The radio stations played it every hour...

They still do!

There are 789 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unpopular-music-opinions/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.