Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 789 posts
  • 141 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    20201028_161015 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160911 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160954 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160854 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160808 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160730 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160717 (resized).jpg
    20201028_160649 (resized).jpg
    listing_photo_136382483126870995 (resized).jpeg
    0C1B4630-C231-4C01-A72A-A20824F0B94B (resized).jpeg
    90D58CE8-FA8B-4F63-A6BD-AB1B735CD11A (resized).jpeg
    download (4) (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpeg
    martha-vandellas (resized).jpg

There are 789 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 16.
    #501 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If I ever here Don't Bring Me Down by ELO again. I'm liable to blow my brains out.

You’re on time out!

#502 3 years ago

I didn't say I hate all ELO

Edit- Deleted-yeah this sucks too.

#503 3 years ago

Journey was better before Steve Perry joined up and I'd rather not listen to Triumph.

#504 3 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Sorry about the down vote, nothing personal. But.. Nickelback?

And Creed is even better than Nickelback...you know it's true.

#505 3 years ago

Pitbull writes some catchy ass shit. Your rythem and soul is broken if you don't feel like moving to his beats

#506 3 years ago

Weren't they some holier than thou heroin addicts?

Listening to them was like going to church when I didn't really want to.

#507 3 years ago

Ed Sheeran's Blow is the best rock song written in years.

#508 3 years ago

You all have 5 minutes to come up with a song better than this one released the same month.

#509 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

You all have 5 minutes to come up with a song better than this one released the same month.

This ?????

#510 3 years ago

Well, that woke me up!

#511 3 years ago
    80 s (resized).png80 s (resized).png
    #512 3 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #513 3 years ago

When the Guns N Roses pinball machine came out in 1994, they were pretty much over by then.

#514 3 years ago

When the Metallica pinball machine came out in 2013, they were way over by then.

#515 3 years ago

When I worked at Ernie Ball back in the day and they bought MusicMan, and we were trying to make our own electric guitars from scratch, Steve Morse was one of the first "names" to come in and work with Dudley (our designer) to make a signature model. There was only a few of us in the shop in those days, and we ALL called him Whiner Baby. All he did was complain, complain, complain! He claimed he could the tell a 5 ohms diff in a resistor in his special circuit. LOL. He claimed all kinds of voodoo. He's a killer player, but wah wah wah.

Once, I was pressing frets into fingerboards; we used to super glue them in for good measure. My spot was right next to the set up room where they tested various configurations and plugged guitars into amps to hear them and shit. Morse comes wandering through the shop with Sterling Ball (Ernie's son) noodling on the latest setup, on his way to show off his new tone to Dudley. He sees me using superglue, and says that the little plastic knob on the pickup switch keeps coming off, and could I squeeze a little in the slot so it'll stay? I don't remind him that now he won't be able to take the switch out of the pickguard, and I obligingly squeeze a drop in for him. He wanders into the set-up room, plugs in, and says loudly to Sterling Ball and Dudley and everyone else in range, "Check out when I switch pickups now!" and tries to move the switch. But the superglue was still runny when he slapped the knob back on, and it ran down into the switch and glued it tight. He and Sterling come screaming in my face about how I fucked up Steve Morse's guitar, and what the fuck was I thinking when I actually did what he asked me to.

Sterling tried to woo EVH, and they both came into the shop all coked up and made us explain stupid stuff to them. That evening Eddie came to our company softball game and dragged Sterling off for more coke in the middle of the second inning. Eddie never ended up signing with us.

#516 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Weren't they some holier than thou heroin addicts?
    Listening to them was like going to church when I didn't really want to.

Does anyone really want to go to church? I do feel better after leaving but it is because I don’t have to go back for awhile.

#517 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Does anyone really want to go to church?

Not any more than I want to listen to Creed.

#518 3 years ago

Goodnight!

#519 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Does anyone really want to go to church? I do feel better after leaving but it is because I don’t have to go back for awhile.

Hm. I see Count Grishnack / Burzum failed if people are still going to church.

#520 3 years ago

Thread should be called who can be the biggest contrarian.

#521 3 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

Thread should be called who can be the biggest contrarian.

No, it shouldn't.

#522 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

Stevie Nick's has an awful voice, her vibrato sounds like someone is strangling her.

We used to call her the Lamb Woman, because she sounded like a sheep baaaaaing.

#523 3 years ago
    Quoted from seeburg220:We used to call her the Lamb Woman, because she sounded like a sheep baaaaaing.
    That sounds familiar. I've been calling her Goat Throat for years!

#524 3 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Hm. I see Count Grishnack / Burzum failed if people are still going to church.

Perhaps Watain or Gorgoroth would be more effective.

#525 3 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

When I worked at Ernie Ball back in the day and they bought MusicMan, and we were trying to make our own electric guitars from scratch, Steve Morse was one of the first "names" to come in and work with Dudley (our designer) to make a signature model. There was only a few of us in the shop in those days, and we ALL called him Whiner Baby. All he did was complain, complain, complain! He claimed he could the tell a 5 ohms diff in a resistor in his special circuit. LOL. He claimed all kinds of voodoo. He's a killer player, but wah wah wah.

You sound like a ball of laughs.

The guy is trying to make his signature model so you think he's a whiner for asking you to do it the way he wants it?

That would be the point of a signature model.

#526 3 years ago

That’s hilarious. Went on a road trip in high school, the C+C music factory was the only cd the kid had and it was his car. Still hate that guy.. Helmet kicked ass.

Thankfully I won’t be going on any road trips with some of these people up in here- there is unpopular and then there is just saying obscure bands to appear relevant.
    I never knew opinion was unpopular, but U2 rules!! Name another band that has had more hits over a career that lasted more then 10 years? 20? U2 live at Slane castle- epic.

Here’s another that never got the love

#527 3 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Once, I was pressing frets into fingerboards; we used to super glue them in for good measure. My spot was right next to the set up room where they tested various configurations and plugged guitars into amps to hear them and shit. Morse comes wandering through the shop with Sterling Ball (Ernie's son) noodling on the latest setup, on his way to show off his new tone to Dudley. He sees me using superglue, and says that the little plastic knob on the pickup switch keeps coming off, and could I squeeze a little in the slot so it'll stay? I don't remind him that now he won't be able to take the switch out of the pickguard, and I obligingly squeeze a drop in for him. He wanders into the set-up room, plugs in, and says loudly to Sterling Ball and Dudley and everyone else in range, "Check out when I switch pickups now!" and tries to move the switch. But the superglue was still runny when he slapped the knob back on, and it ran down into the switch and glued it tight. He and Sterling come screaming in my face about how I fucked up Steve Morse's guitar, and what the fuck was I thinking when I actually did what he asked me to.
    Sterling tried to woo EVH, and they both came into the shop all coked up and made us explain stupid stuff to them. That evening Eddie came to our company softball game and dragged Sterling off for more coke in the middle of the second inning. Eddie never ended up signing with us.

Very cool story, did you work with any other noteworthy players? (Steve Vai, Billy Duffy, Steve Lukather, and Paul Gilbert were all big Ernie Ball endorsers during that time, ever interact with any of those guys?)

Too bad Steve Morse came across that way, but I imagine it was a bit more than him simply being difficult. I think in general, high-achieving individuals often tend to be extremely driven, perfectionistic, and sometimes even a bit rigid, and even reputed nice guys like Morse are susceptible! I imagine he is the type of guy who is strictly focused and disciplined when “on”, and you interacted with him in this context, unfortunately taking a bit of OCD-induced flak!

EVH story is sad. The guy had unreal innate talent (no formal musical knowledge, if you believe him), but unfortunately never could consistently moderate the excesses and it seems as if (despite the great run VH had) there were a tragic number of missed opportunities as a result; your deal being just one of (I suspect) scores of others.

#528 3 years ago
    Quoted from seeburg220:

We used to call her the Lamb Woman, because she sounded like a sheep baaaaaing.

Stand baa-a-a-ack, stand baa-a-a-ack

#529 3 years ago

Willie Nelson and Bob Dylan are horrible singers. Great songwriters but their voices make my blood boil.

#530 3 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

Willie Nelson and Bob Dylan are horrible singers. Great songwriters but their voices make my blood boil.

Kinda gotta disagree. At least with Willie.

#531 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

This is absolutely true. Brian Wilson is a genius, and that was him at the peak of his powers. That song DID influence the Beatles, and specifically Paul McCartney.
    Difference is...the Beatles went on to influence EVERYBODY ELSE.
    Boom! Mic Drop.

And Brian Wilson's "genius" pretty much died after that. I saw the guy twice live, and love everything he and his brothers accomplished (Carl WAS the Beach Boys), but their career was much shorter than people remember from a creativity POV. Mac continues to put out great shit.

#532 3 years ago

This is bound to be unpopular. I know they are revered. I never cared for the Ramones. All their songs mostly sound the same and I just couldn't ever get into their sound. I think they had one song that I sorta kinda liked.

#533 3 years ago

This thread changed about a month ago from “unpopular music opinions” to “music opinions.”

And the ramones are the greatest American band.

Shame on you breath!

#534 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This thread changed about a month ago from “unpopular music opinions” to “music opinions.”
    And the ramones are the greatest American band.
    Shame on you breath!

Wrong! Beastie Boys!

#535 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm still trying to figure out why a thread titled "unpopular" and "opinions" has so many down-voted posts...

#536 3 years ago
    Quoted from Trogdor:

I never knew opinion was unpopular, but U2 rules!! Name another band that has had more hits over a career that lasted more then 10 years? 20?

Some just don't really care for bands that keep on churning out money making hits year after year. I pretty much gave up on U2 after the October album failed to meet the high standards delivered with their debut LP.

#537 3 years ago

I kinda like the “one hit wonders”. At least they all share one thing. A song that made it.

#538 3 years ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

I'm still trying to figure out why a thread titled "unpopular" and "opinions" has so many down-voted posts...

This thread is a fun place to leave those opinions that might otherwise get you moderated and ejected in threads about the latest outdated and irrelevant band to get a new pinball machine. This place is loaded with those with plenty more to come.

Bands I don't listen to anymore and sure as hell don't want to own or play a new pinball game themed after them-

All of them!

#539 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

This thread is a fun place to leave those opinions that might otherwise get you moderated and ejected in threads about the latest outdated and irrelevant band to get a new pinball machine. This place is loaded with those with plenty more to come.
    Bands I don't listen to anymore and sure as hell don't want to own or play a new pinball game themed after them-
    All of them!

Wow. We haven’t heard you say this before.

Game changer !

#540 3 years ago

The Doors - love Manzarek's keyboards and Kreiger's guitar, especially on Light My Fire, but can't stand Morrison, especially towards the end. Musically, their tones and style were great. But lyrically, a snooze fest.

#541 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

The greatest band to ever come out of Ireland was not U2 (and I’m not a hater)....it was Thin Lizzy.

Maybe, but my vote goes to Rory Gallagher or to his first band, Taste.

Quoted from Oscope:

Most people consider Peter Frampton a one hit wonder or flash in the pan for his ‘76 Live album that every high schooler played endlessly
    I thought the same until I got the opportunity to see him in concert the past couple of years and he was totally amazing!
    He is a true broad musical artist and can play it all - I especially enjoyed his Blues playing which is absolutely outstanding
    He has mastered his craft like very few ever have and I would put his guitar skills up against any of the more popular top 10 guitarist
    The shame is that Frampton now has a progressive disease that affects his hands and he is losing the ability to play guitar. What a tragedy...
    If you get the chance give some of his other music a listen as you are in for a real treat

Frampton's work with Humble Pie was way better than most any of his radio friendly solo crap.

#542 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wow. We haven’t heard you say this before.
    Game changer !

Kinda like your pinball "bubble" responses.

Man, when and if it finally does pop, that too will be a major game changer.

#543 3 years ago

Studio crap from the 60’s but still good.

#544 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

OK Ill actually answer the correctly...

although I am a rock guy I am man enough to admit Duran Duran wrote some catchy ass songs.

If you dont think so you are wrong.

#545 3 years ago

Oops.

#547 3 years ago

Fat fingers is the reason you posted a picture of an asshole?

#548 3 years ago

Never knew that.I'll blame the indica.

#549 3 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

OK Ill actually answer the correctly...
    although I am a rock guy I am man enough to admit Duran Duran wrote some catchy ass songs.
    If you dont think so you are wrong.

Duran Duran is the f'ing bomb. Love their material...Taylor's early bass riffs are complex and busier than shit, and Rhodes is amazing. While their first few albums are the best, later material like Thank You and the Wedding Album are spectacular.

#550 3 years ago

"Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand." Sure, best music video of it's time. Those boys were the hottest thing since The Bay City Rollers.

And Jethro Tull was the best choice for the Grammy hard rock winner in 1989.

There are 789 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unpopular-music-opinions/page/11?hl=trogdor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.