(Topic ID: 89655)

Unplanned small birthday party for my daughter turned into a small pinball party

By RonB

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by SealClubber
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0862.JPG
    IMG_0859.JPG
    IMG_0846.JPG
    IMG_0855.JPG
    IMG_0858.JPG
    IMG_0853.JPG
    IMG_0852.JPG

#1 6 years ago

Yesterday was my daughter's 15th b-day and my ex calls me and asked if I want to do a small party/bbq at my house (I get along unusually well with my ex and her family). I said ok and her parents/sister/friends show up and after eating, my ex father-in-law starts looking at my pins, making comments about the wrestlers on Royal Rumble, so I turn on the pins and said "go ahead and play if you want".

After a few games on RR he gets his wife to play (commenting on how she'll love the floor vibrating from the shaker and sub) and then the others join in.

IMG_0852.JPG

I didn't think anyone would want to play the pins, but it was cool that most everyone was playing for a almost a few hours. My ex mother-in-law asked "Why do you have all these pinball machines up here instead of the basement?" I replied "Because I'm single!". I think she mumbled "I see why".

IMG_0853.JPG
    IMG_0858.JPG

I'd like to point out I never let this much light into the room where The Shadow is sitting, but I had the shades open for the party. I also keep a blanket over it when not in use to protect the cab art.

IMG_0855.JPG

This final pic is my ex and Autistic daughter, who was overjoyed to have family and friends over just for her. I was also happy, not just because people were enjoying my pins, but because my daughter was happy.

IMG_0846.JPG

Thanks for reading my small story about my small party. It's times like this that makes life memorable, your kids birthdays and people over enjoying all your hard work. It's over too quick!

#2 6 years ago

What a great Birthday ! Thank you for sharing.

LTG : )™

#3 6 years ago

Looks like everyone had a blast, wish your daughter a Happy Birthday from me. I also have a great 15 year old daughter!!

#4 6 years ago

That's great. And exactly how I'd like to spend MY next bday!

#5 6 years ago

the mother in law comments are the best

#6 6 years ago

Love the comment from the ex-mother in law.
    If you can get the ex-father in law to buy a pin, you win. Forever.

#8 6 years ago

Thanks guys.

Please ignore the fact I need to replace the backbox GI connector on my RR. Or were you looking at other items of interest in those photos?

#10 6 years ago

Your ex didn't look too happy with the photographer.

#11 6 years ago

Happy Bday it is always better with pinball. IMO.

#12 6 years ago

What a great story

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Doozie:

Your ex didn't look too happy with the photographer.

LMAO!

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chambahz:

If you can get the ex-father in law to buy a pin, you win. Forever.

What do I win? My ex's 24yr. old little sister?

Quoted from Doozie:

Your ex didn't look to happy with the photographer.

Probably trying to figure out how to get more money from 'him'.

#15 6 years ago

Great party! These little get-togethers are the best kind! I'm glad your daughter enjoyed it!

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

Yesterday was my daughter's 15th b-day and my ex calls me and asked if I want to do a small party/bbq at my house (I get along unusually well with my ex and her family). I said ok and her parents/sister/friends show up and after eating, my ex father-in-law starts looking at my pins, making comments about the wrestlers on Royal Rumble, so I turn on the pins and said "go ahead and play if you want".
    After a few games on RR he gets his wife to play (commenting on how she'll love the floor vibrating from the shaker and sub) and then the others join in.

I didn't think anyone would want to play the pins, but it was cool that most everyone was playing for a almost a few hours. My ex mother-in-law asked "Why do you have all these pinball machines up here instead of the basement?" I replied "Because I'm single!". I think she mumbled "I see why".

I'd like to point out I never let this much light into the room where The Shadow is sitting, but I had the shades open for the party. I also keep a blanket over it when not in use to protect the cab art.

This final pic is my ex and Autistic daughter, who was overjoyed to have family and friends over just for her. I was also happy, not just because people were enjoying my pins, but because my daughter was happy.

Thanks for reading my small story about my small party. It's times like this that makes life memorable, your kids birthdays and people over enjoying all your hard work. It's over too quick!

IMG_0852.JPG 197 KB

IMG_0853.JPG 205 KB

IMG_0858.JPG 176 KB

IMG_0855.JPG 171 KB

IMG_0846.JPG 200 KB

It just goes to show you that with the proper amount of dedication, you can get anyone - even a teenager - into pinball.

#17 6 years ago

Guess I created some new pinball addicts. They stopped by again last night, bringing another guest and got into another playing session. Even my son broke away from his PS3 to get in on it, which is the most amazing part!

IMG_0859.JPG IMG_0862.JPG
    #18 6 years ago

Looks like everyone had a great time and I'm sure you'll cherish this time with your daughter for many years to come. Great to see people of all ages playing your pins. I also have a wonderful relationship with my ex-wife and her husband as we parent our son together in many ways so it's nice to see others doing the same. Glad you had such a great time.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

I get along unusually well with my ex and her family).

Good for you and especially your daughter. Mine did not get along well at all. Caused me all sorts of grief growing up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 78.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    $ 59.99
    Hardware
    Chroma Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 104.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 49.95
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 130.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinwize.com
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Z
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Creo Pinball
    $ 6,995.99
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 9.99
    $ 29.90
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 7,875.00
    Pinball Machine
    Maine Home Recreation
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    YouBentMyWookie
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Hardware
    Filament Printing
    $ 89.99
    $ 17.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 189.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Starcade Amusement
    $ 14.96
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball-Mods.com
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside