Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ground_clips.JPG
0308151734.jpg
image-899.jpg
image-750.jpg
image.jpg
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Finally got my FG home just working on setting it up and wanted to share some pictures

image.jpgimage.jpg image-750.jpgimage-750.jpg image-899.jpgimage-899.jpg
#2 9 years ago

So nice !

#3 9 years ago

looks great.

#4 9 years ago

It's a good day for pinball. Another one saved!
-mof

#5 9 years ago

Awesome! It looks beautiful, enjoy!

#6 9 years ago

SAHWEET!!! MORE PICS! MORE PICS!

#7 9 years ago

WOW!!! Beautiful, like Pinfidel said MORE PICS! MORE PICS! Especially closeups.

#8 9 years ago

Jealous, mine is still in pieces!

#9 9 years ago

Bravo!

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Jealous, mine is still in pieces!

I have another one in pieces in my basement

#11 9 years ago

More pics please!!!

#12 9 years ago

I love to hear the stories on why someone chooses to have high end restore on a particular game........Aside from being a beautiful game, why Flash??

#13 9 years ago

It's still sitting in the same area, haven't had time to finish setting it up yet. HEP has a bunch in his photo gallery of it though

#14 9 years ago

Everytime you walk by it has to be a great feeling

#15 9 years ago

No coin door sticker? It had to have originally come with one. Either the normal bally or the Susan B. Anthony one. The flyer doesn't show it...

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from mot:

No coin door sticker? It had to have originally come with one. Either the normal bally or the Susan B. Anthony one. The flyer doesn't show it...

High End restorers don't always put those back on.
-mof

#17 9 years ago

Just awesome! IMO this is the Best 80's Bally out there. Congratulations.

#18 9 years ago

True about the coin door sticker. Some restorers think it's cleaner and classier without the sticker. Others want it to look like the flyer. Which in this case would get the SBA coin door sticker if the buyer so desires.

Dave (Doc)

Quoted from mof:

High End restorers don't always put those back on.
-mof

#19 9 years ago

Looks great. Flash Gordon has such an outstanding art package. One question though. In the picture without the back glass, it doesn't look like it has the strobe shroud so it only flashes through the planet on the backglass.

#20 9 years ago

Here are some pics of my HEP Flash Gordon

0308151734.jpg0308151734.jpg
#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Doughboy809:

Finally got my FG home just working on setting it up and wanted to share some pictures

Quoted from Ronnie1114:

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

0308151734.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I wouldn't feel all that bad. You do have a Cyclopes sitting in the background.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Doughboy809:

It's still sitting in the same area, haven't had time to finish setting it up yet. HEP has a bunch in his photo gallery of it though

Was this restored recently? I dont see a link on Chris' site.. would love to look at the final pics..

Beautiful game to send to HEP.. love seeing the non-A titles getting the HEP treatment...

#24 9 years ago

Looks amazing!

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

love seeing the non-A titles getting the HEP treatment...

I know a lot of people don't consider it a great game, but I would rather play 10 games on FG over 10 games of the "top 10" games any day. Just my opinion

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I know a lot of people don't consider it a great game, but I would rather play 10 games on FG over 10 games of the "top 10" games any day. Just my opinion

Still one of the best games ever made. Really it doesn't need multiball or anything, just the Queen soundtrack and that is something I plan on figuring out.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from matthess:

I wouldn't feel all that bad. You do have a Cyclopes sitting in the background.

Haha, you got me there. Game looks incredible OP. Have fun with it.

#29 9 years ago

Congrats! I love FG (I did a CPR pf swap in mine) and think it's well deserving of the HEP treatment. For its era I consider it an A-list game and I think it may be the best pre-DMD licensed game of all time! Can anyone think of one that is better?

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from DK:

What? Who doesn't consider it a great game? It's widely thought of as the best single-ball solid state ever. And deservedly so. I was stoked to be able to add one to my collection. I'd maybe give it up for a Fathom or Medusa, but I'd rather stick one of those next to it.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

0308151734.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Looks like there were a lot of people who smoked in the place where that came from.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Really it doesn't need multiball or anything, just the Queen soundtrack and that is something I plan on figuring out.

Oh yes, the Queen sound track REALLY makes that movie.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks like there were a lot of people who smoked in the place where that came from.

Haha, I wish.... Building it was in caught fire.

#34 9 years ago

Here is the restore.
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album562

Here is the finished game.
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album614

To answer a couple questions/ comments. I typically use the coin door decals only if they match the overall look of the game well or if spefically requested.
The strobe cover was not present with the game so I made one. It was removed at the last minute because it rubs the back glass a thinner one will be made soon.

#35 9 years ago

The restoration process seems to have converted the game into a Monster Bash, which is pretty impressive!!

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

The restoration process seems to have converted the game into a Monster Bash, which is pretty impressive!!

What are you talking about?

#37 9 years ago

Damn that's ridiculous! Makes me feel so inferior.

No matter how good you are at something, there will always be someone who is a million times better.

#38 9 years ago

Great work on the restore! I may have to copy your idea of installing spring steel to smooth the transition on the ramps. Does anyone know what the recommended method is for cutting spring steel? I put a CPR playfield in mine and had to shim the entrance to make it flat as possible but it's not perfectly smooth.

I was going to say the original playfield didn't look to bad but then zoomed in and noticed the touch-ups and varathane clear?

#39 9 years ago

I really like FG. I think there should be a wider variety of games that get the HEP treatment but there aren't enough people willing to fork over that kind of cash because they won't get all of it back when the sell. Maybe i'm wrong.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I really like FG. I think there should be a wider variety of games that get the HEP treatment but there aren't enough people willing to fork over that kind of cash because they won't get all of it back when the sell. Maybe i'm wrong.

I don't want to speak for Chris, but I suspect if he never saw another AFM he wouldn't be overly upset.

#41 9 years ago

Will someone pm me when the pics go up?
kthxbye,
-mof

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Your correct in that most will not pay to have a HEP level restoration done on a machine that will not have a resale value equil to the cost of restoration. I have 3 so far and the resale is the least of my concerns. I intend to keep these till the big dirt nap, so resale means nothing, but being able to play the finest example of a title available for as long as I want, makes perfect sense to me. Chris plays in a market that is separate from the main stream pinball world, a market in which he is one of a very few players that excell at what they provide, but it comes at a cost. The effort to restore a $2000 machine is not very different than the effort to do a $20,000 machine like BBB. That's why expensive titles and rare machines are the mainstay of the high end restoration market.

#43 9 years ago

Side benefit of the fear of remakes is the restoration of less popular titles.

But the fact is that a remake of MM or any other game would never be a HEP restored game. If the beaters (if there are any left) get knocked down a peg sending them to Chris is a better deal than buying a remake anyway. Of course, some will never get it. Evidence that I am not alone in that feeling is the fact Chris has one in the process of being restored right now in his "games being restored" section and I am sure he has more in line...

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/albums.php

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

What are you talking about?

I could have sworn I saw a Monster Bash... What's happening to me

What impresses me most about the HEP restores is the inside of the cabinet... of course it's all astounding, but for some reason the cab insides just blow me away... Is that lateral bar in their a HEP improvement to give the cab more stability, or is it factory? Haven't seen those in any Ballys I've had, but never had a FD...

Assuming your wife doesn't look on pinside, and sorry for the 'dirty question', but can you spill the beans on what this restore cost you? (I want to show my wife so I don't get my balls busted so often )

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I love to hear the stories on why someone chooses to have high end restore on a particular game........Aside from being a beautiful game, why Flash??

I love the movie so when I found out they had a pinball machine I searched till I found one. This was the first machine I ever purchased and while I did strip the playfield and clear it I do not have the ability to do my first pinball machine right. So I sent my pin to HEP to get it restored right with new playfield, cabinet and on and on. I like the movie and pinball machine so much that I purchased a second Flash Gordon. And yes I do have OCD

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't want to speak for Chris, but I suspect if he never saw another AFM he wouldn't be overly upset.

Quoted from JoeJet:

Was this restored recently? I dont see a link on Chris' site.. would love to look at the final pics..
Beautiful game to send to HEP.. love seeing the non-A titles getting the HEP treatment...

It was finished 3weeks ago

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I dunno...that ones gotta be a cakewalk to restore. Easy money.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

You don't send a $1000 machine to HEP and keep it for a while and get your money back. I don't think I could sell it and get more that 30% of the total amount I have into this game, and idc

#49 9 years ago

The grounding clips with screws for the bulb sockets are a good idea. Anyone know where to buy those?

ground_clips.JPGground_clips.JPG

#50 9 years ago

Pinrestore sells those lugs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 99.00
Boards
Troxel Repair

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 90.00
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 179.00
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unpacking-my-hep-flash-gordon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.