1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

934 posts in this topic match your search for posts by whysnow. You are on page 1 of 4.
#52 11 years ago

Just checking in.

I will be at MGC and the WannaBowl Event that Tully runs. I am not sure what I will bring to MGC, but likely either a freshly restored FT (in progress now) with a fresh CCd pf or maybe my new pride and joy, TX-Sector.

What do you guys think? FT or TX

Also Dan >> I plan on being available to help out with move in/set up stuff with Chris, Steve, and Tom and the others at MGC.

#55 11 years ago

ok> good enough for me. If both Russ and "the beer pin" guy (sorry I have not met you yet but saw your cool game last year) want TX, then I will plan to get her running and bulletproof in time for MGC.

#67 11 years ago

Foo >> any chance you would bring Robo War to MGC to share with us this year? I would love to check one out.

We could set TX and Robo up next to each other to represent the 80s Gottlieb crew

#80 11 years ago

I could possibly pick it up and 'store' it for you.

Might have a couple hundred extra games on it by the time you come down to grab it

#101 11 years ago

that is great Dan!

A reminder to everyone >> if you have not already registered for MGC please do so.

I know it helps those guys greatly if more people register in advance and pay/pre-order tickets sooner rather than later.

#122 11 years ago

Tim >> I vote WOF if my vote counts. I actually love the theme (grew up with my Mom watching it every night) and have played it only a little bit.

Tony > I will be bringing a game and attending the afterparty. If anyone else has an extra ticket for the after party (i.e. you are bringing 2 games but only need 1 party ticket) then it would be greatly appreciate so Heidi (my wife) can attend also. Please shoot me a PM.

#144 11 years ago

If you Taxi is nice (I think it is if I remember correctly) then I vote for that. I have never played a nice and fully working taxi.

Lizard would be cool also!

#172 11 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

I grew up in Wisconsin, why anyone still lives there is beyond me ;p Pacific NW has all the pinballs anyway.

Yeah, but you do not have MGC...

Your loss sucker.

#174 11 years ago

Figured it was worth posting in here also... I have too little time and too many pinball projects which have stacked up. If anyone is interested in making a little side cash and helping me out on a weekend day, then please let me know. I would love to spend a long Saturday and get a few things pinball related done.

Even blasting away at one game would be great. I have lots of parts staged and waiting but honestly I just take my time learning and picking away at stuff. If someone has some experience they want to share while lending a hand with a PF swap or topside teardown then let me know. It would be nice to learn a bunch real quick and also get more games fine tuned in and clean.

#179 11 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

^I'd be more than happy to help you out, but don't know when the next time is that I will be in Madison for work (but if you want I can hit you up whenever I know I'll be there).
On a different note, I'm really on the fence about buying a NIB ACDC Premium, anyone see the need to talk me down? Played the snot out of it at BlaineBrook and i dig it, and the wife likes it more than one of my pins (so that one is likely on the chopping block to help with the purchase). What say you?!?

Just let me know when you know you will be coming around. I will surely still have more projects than time whenever that is

It honestly would be great to have a hand and like I said I am happy to pay for the experienced help/quickened learning curve.

Also, if you like AC/DC then buy it. However, I personally think XMLE is a better bang for the buck if you can snag one for the ~5k mark that they seem to have dropped to. If the code ever gets tweaked in I think XM will be a keeper in the long run as the shot layout is pretty nice.

#181 11 years ago

Some of the most fun I have had in the past year was hanging out and working on your RFM pf swap Dan!

My RFM pf swap is probably at teh bottom of the pile now that I am digging in on the FT pf swap.

#189 11 years ago

If anyone is seriously interested in making plans to come over some Saturday and work on pins just shoot me a PM. Even if you are already my friend, don't feel bad about taking my cash. If cash makes you uncomfortable then just let me know something you need for one of your games and I will buy it for you in exchange for your help. I know time is valuable and have no problems paying someone to lend a hand. It is also way more fun to work on pins with someone else and unfortunately my wife starts back up school next week so my current pin helper is mainly MIA for the next 3 months.

#192 11 years ago

damn wifes

#197 11 years ago

Probably worth mentioning that if we can get enough guys to commit to bring games, MadRollinPinball 2013 will happen again in September. I have some ideas for huge improvements over last year that will both make things run smoother and should appeal to all types and qaulity of players.

Ideally I would love to do a pinbrawl style of event but that will mean getting 20 games committed to come from area collectors. I will also need to talk with Dan about logisitcs of making a smaller docock to ensure power for that many games.

I know that is a tall order, but a big perk will be a private Friday evening gathering for all that bring games to share with pizza and beer supplied by me.

If we can not get that many games then I still have some fun ideas for alternative events that should be fun and creative in some way.

#232 11 years ago

Hey guys,

I am taking the lead with helping out at Clock Chaos at MGC this year and need to round up a few helpers to keep things running smoothly and to record scores on individual games. Please send me a PM (with your phone number) if you are interested and I will give you the details.

Time commitment will be from ~6:00pm till completion on the Friday of MGC. You will still be able to compete even if you are a helper.

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help out. As a little incentive, I will have a nice little gift for anyone that helps out.

#243 11 years ago

Awesome and Thanks Tom!

I will let you know details when I get a chance.

I will also be there to help your team with load in stuff all day Friday

#246 11 years ago

Awesome news!

1 week later
#283 11 years ago

I can not remember if I posted in here or not, but my bro is traveling from Superior (near Denver), CO back to Madison/Rockford on 21 or 22 of Feb in a minivan. He has room for 2 pins and is willing to transport for pretty cheap ($150). Could be a win/win >> gas $ for him and cheap pin transport for you.

thread here >>>http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/offer-for-pin-transport-from-denver-co-to-rockford-il

#297 11 years ago

I would like to know also if the up north xmen is back up and running. If so, I would like to head back down there on Friday if anyone is interested (I will not be drinking as much as last time as I think I am still slightly hungover and a bit ashamed of how fuzzy that night got >> sorry if I offended anyone).

#299 11 years ago

hahahaha

did I nut tap you from afar for something also?

#304 11 years ago

Make sure everyone remembers to go to the MGC website and register what you are bringing to share...

http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/machines/sell-arcades/

#310 11 years ago

Wanted to let the Madison crew know that the XM at Up North is back up and running. If anyone wants to go play a few and have a few after dinner tonight just give me a buzz.

#318 11 years ago

DEWSHO >>

Welcome to pinside!! Nice to see another WI member. Great collection also.

Make sure you come on over to Madison (actually Waunakee) for the upcoming local event put on by Tully.

info here >>> http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3rd-annual-madison-wi-area-pinball-tourney

and here >>> http://waunapinballtourney.weebly.com/

#320 11 years ago

WTH are you not coming to MGC postmaster???

#326 11 years ago

s1500 >> please bring your WhiteForce to MGC. You are the only pinsider that even owns that game. I have never even seen one or heard of it.

At minimum, please upload some photos to the pinside database.

#350 11 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I haven't talked with Jack yet, but if they are delivered by then i will bring mine down.
i will send an email to Jack tomorrow and see if i can get an answer
Christopher
King Pin Games
JJP Authorized Distributor.

That is super awesome of you!!!!!

#355 11 years ago
Quoted from ThePostmaster:

If I go to MGC, I'll have room for 5-6 pins in an enclosed trailer. I'm just undecided if I'll go or not.

You have to come. With a handle like postmaster, you are the one guy I may actually beat...

#364 11 years ago

both are well worth the watch!

You will likely meet some of the people in the videos at MGC.

#378 11 years ago

DEWSHO >> be sure you talk with Ralpwiggum about that ES as he would be a great guy to buy your first machine from!

#386 11 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I have to take a kid to a birthday party in Johnson Creek today (45 minute drive from where I'm at). Time to dust off the internet stalker skills and show up unannounced at Dewsho's for some pinball.
Edit: Hah, just noticed his collection is all wishlist. Silly me!

Would have been even funnier/creepier when you showed up and realized that!

#388 11 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Great to know.
Sounds like I should call in sick to work one Wednesday in July.

You guys should just come up to our place some weekend. Smaller lake and WAY more laidback than Geneva.

#395 11 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Hilton- You've got a lake house as well as a sick lineup of pins?
Wanna switch lives for a week

I'd have to talk to my wife

#404 11 years ago

sounds like a fun idea to me. Maybe I would be able to make the trip up to hang out with some of you 'soters'...

#416 11 years ago

Great review!

Thanks for sharing. I am really looking forward to checking out AVLE.

It would be nice if Stern would bring one to MGC. Anyone have any connections with Stern to try and get them to bring something new?

#439 11 years ago

Hey Madison folks >> I'm headin down to the 'Up North' for a few pints and a few games.

Txt me if you are gonna drop by and I will hang for a bit longer.

#442 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Hey Madison folks >> I'm headin down to the 'Up North' for a few pints and a few games.
Txt me if you are gonna drop by and I will hang for a bit longer.

The XM at Up North is officially now just a regular old routed game (more things wrong than right it seems). Bullseye must be one of the worst operators around. They do absolutely nothing besides collect the coinbox. They did replace the broken left sling rubber and now the top leaf switch is half outside the rubber and half inside.

They also have 3 rollovers not working and the blackbird scoop only registers about 70% of the time.

They have probably collected cash 4 times int he past 6 weeks but have yet to wipe down the game. However, they are nice enough to make the match % lower and the replay value default higher every time they come. They SUCK!!!

#455 11 years ago

Got your email centerflank. The wife is planning on coming but not 100% as she is still getting over a head cold and not ready to commit yet...

#459 11 years ago

My WWFRR was sold to a local guy as his first pin. I do not think he goes on the forums at all.

I should have never sold it, but with limited space I had to see something go in order to have new things come in. If Lyman ever decides to revisit his first real potential masterpiece, a few code tweaks could make it blow up in desirability.

#502 11 years ago

look at us. 500 posts. I bet Rusty sure is proud of his little thread

1 week later
#538 11 years ago

any of the local crew want to do an honor based mini tournament on Saturday of MGC?

I was thinking :

Get X number (maybe 10-20) of us to commit. $5 or $10 buy in. We decide on 10-12 games to play throughout the day.

Honor system. The first game you play on that game is what you write down for a score (no cheating as it defeats the whole purpose of a fun little locals thing). We get together later in the day and all compare scores. Highest score on each game is worth 10 points, 2nd highest is worth 8, 3rd is worth 7, and so on down the line (I could bring a white board to make things easy for tallying stuff up).

Tally the total rank (combined points earned on all 10-12 games) and see who wins.

50% payout to first place, 30% to 2nd place, and 20% to 3rd place. First places buys a round of shots at the bar?

Could be fun.

#546 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I want to be in, but realistically, 12 games of pinball is about 10 more than I'll actually play there.

Maybe this would motivate you to actually play 12...

#581 11 years ago

this feels needed in this thread given the current soter bias

#612 11 years ago

I had not formalized anything. If you want to run with it, PLEASE feel free! My plate is more than full. I had really not gone any further than the thought stage.

I like the idea of checking out games on Friday. Making up a list and then printing them off.

How about something like this...

First 20 people to sign up are in. Commit by adding a number and your name to the list below (copy and paste to your post and add yourself)

$10 buy in? 50% payout to 1st, 30% for second, 20% for third

On Friday, Chris and I will come up with a list of 12 games that must be played ASAP on Saturday (in order to avoid issues of multiple games being down). If a game is down and out then tough titty >> go play early

Scoring > 20 points for highest score on each game, 18 for second, 16 for third, 15, 14, 13... That gives a slight bonus for being highest score of second highest score. (maybe just use standard IFPA scoring also as that would make it easy since I could use my CPU with the pinball tourney software)

You get to pitch out the score for 2 games (i.e. only 10 games count, just cross off the 2 you want to pitch). This will help make things fair in case a game goes down and you have not been able to play it.

We will print out 20 forms for those that enter. We will need to come up with some sort of way to get cash and handout forms.

Lets say 6 pm is cutoff to hand in your completed entry form (remember this is honor system > no cheating, you write down your own score for your first attempt on that game, you cross out the 2 games you do not want to count.

Chris and I can compile scores and then do the payout at 7pm at the bar.

thoughts, suggestions, get on the list...

1. Whysnow (Hilton)

#615 11 years ago

1. Whysnow (Hilton)
2. Rustylizard (Russ)
3. Ranhorton (Randy)

add yourself to the list guys...

#622 11 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Sounds like a plan.
Should we say 11:00am meet in the LOBBY to collect money and hand out forms. NOT the show check in. Then everyone meets back there at 6pm to turn forms in. Or hit one of us up on the floor durning the day.
Thoughts

Sounds good to me, lets meet at the LOBBY! Everyone that signs up needs to find Chris or myself in the LOBBY at 11am on Saturday. You pay and get a form with games to play. Meet at the hotel LOBBY at 6pm to turn in forms. If you are done early then find Chris or I am hand in your form >> it will help to allow me to enter scores into a spreadsheet whenever I take a break from playing during the day.

NOW SIGN UP!!!
1. Whysnow (Hilton)
2. Rustylizard (Russ)
3. Ranhorton (Randy)
4. Chriss. (Chris)

#623 11 years ago

the bar will be much less busy at 11am then the lobby will be. Also, 6 at the bar is likely where many of you WI boys will be anyway

#625 11 years ago

oops. Sorry, did not realize that the bar was in use. Should have figured.

Dan, will the lobby be the least busy place? Can you suggest a good place for us all to easily and quickly meet up besides the lobby? I remembered last year that the lobby was complete chaos as people were still lined up all the way through the lobby in order to get into the show... maybe I am remembering wrong?

#636 11 years ago

OK,

meet in the Lobby

Everyone that signs up needs to find Chris or myself in the LOBBY at 11am on Saturday. You pay $10 and get a form with games to play. Meet at the hotel LOBBY at 6pm to turn in forms. If you are done early then find Chris or I am hand in your form >> it will help to allow me to enter scores into a spreadsheet whenever I take a break from playing during the day.

current official locals mini-competition signup list

NOW SIGN UP!!!
1. Whysnow (Hilton)
2. Rustylizard (Russ)
3. Ranhorton (Randy)
4. Chriss. (Chris)
5. Guru-420 (Gar)

#639 11 years ago

My experience form last year is that hookers and blow are the preferred method of payment. Luckily, Milwookie has a vast supply of both

#659 11 years ago

did not sound liek a 'score' based on the description...

#704 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Anyone not hitting any MGC events friday night is welcome over by my place for pin fun/beverages!!!! pm me......

why did I commit to being sober and helping out on Friday night when I could be getting buzzed at your place ;(

#710 11 years ago

that is a hell of a drive to come home empty.

Did you stop and play pinball at any of the sweet places up there?

#715 11 years ago

Great call on stopping at Rossi's. They quality of stuff keeps getting better. It still needs work and a lot of the GI was out on a few of the games when I was there last Friday (work function), but at least the majority of switches are working and the thin crust pizza is GREAT IMHO!

#716 11 years ago

Also, excited and wanted to share with you guys...

I was offered a new position at work today and it is a nice step up and a chance to raise the career ceiling a bit further than my current job. I am a little nervous because it will be a supervisor role and I have been all science my entire life, but also pumped for the opportunity.

I am not allowed to tell anyone at work till later this week and I need to tell someone, so you guys get to hear. Hopefully you can share in my excitement.

Life has been pretty crazy lately and it is great to get some positive news. Tie it together with MGC being this weekend and things are shaping up to be a GREAT week!

#721 11 years ago

HAHAHAHAHAHA. LOL.

The only stressful part is that I am transitioning to supervise some of my current peers. It will all be good in the long run I am sure, but I beat out a few of my peers for the position and they will surely be a bit sour that they are not the one getting the promotion. Like most things, it will be a learning experience from day 1 and as always I am looking forwrad to the challenge.

However, currently I am really just looking forward to celebrating at MGC. Friday can not get here quick enough.

#730 11 years ago

"Everyone that signs up needs to find Chris or myself in the LOBBY at 11am on Saturday. You pay $10 and get a form with games to play. Meet at the hotel LOBBY at 6pm to turn in forms. If you are done early then find Chris or I am hand in your form >> it will help to allow me to enter scores into a spreadsheet whenever I take a break from playing during the day.

current official locals mini-competition signup list

NOW SIGN UP!!!
1. Whysnow (Hilton)
2. Rustylizard (Russ)
3. Ranhorton (Randy)
4. Chriss. (Chris)
5. Guru-420 (Gar)
"

Due to low overall interest (and I have a lot on my plate already for this weekend) I need to pull out from taking the reigns on this locals event. Chris> please feel free to be the organizer if you want. I would still participate/compete.

Chris, If you want to cancel the idea that is fine also.

#747 11 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

I'm jinxed.
Fish Tales reset on me during Clock Chaos.

Sorry about that. It appeared to be due to the game being on the hotel power and not the Doc Ock grid during Clock Chaos. I reseated all connectors on Saturday afternoon and was then on MGC power in the main hall and no issues. Glad your second game was better. I would have felt bad if it was the other way around.

#755 11 years ago

tell me more about this circus.

I am comtemplating a trek to one of the upcoming events (MI expo, pin at the zoo, or circus)

#757 11 years ago

any more info? website is somewhat vauge.

$25 for both Sat and Sun. Circus on Sat, Freeplay on Sun.

Is it tournaments on Sat and free play on Sunday? What is the tournament style?

#758 11 years ago

Worth mentioning to the locals. Please let me know if anyone knows of a Bally Atlantis FS. After playing Neo's perfect example it is officialy on the wish list (hopefully everyone else still thinks it is a turd and the price stays reasonable).

Knowing Neo's hate for FT I tried to jokingly trade him straight up for Atlantis. I think he tought it was funny.

#770 11 years ago

I thought Steve was already planning a get-to-gether???

#775 11 years ago

hookers and blow

actually, I am interested in making the trek up if you manage to get it all together. I would guess more pinballs would be the best thing to get a bunch of pinheads to show up

#792 11 years ago

Found a picture of Tony's dog... tony_s_dog.jpgtony_s_dog.jpg

#799 11 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

My WH2O went to IL tonight.

That did not last long! Did you not like it?

1 week later
#833 11 years ago

This thread needs more WI

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-mad-rollin-pinball-2014-saturday-september-14th-2013

http://www.madrollinpinball.com/

New style of game play for this year! I hope everyone likes it. Still time for tweaks at this point so let me know if you have ideas or concerns. This is OUR event so we can make it whatever we want. From feedback I have received I am hoping this new format will fulfill the needs of both the hardcore and the casual players. If anyone has any issues with the charity aspect then let me know. Trophies should be very nice this year and my impression after talking to many players is that nice trophies, IFPA points, and a good time are the primary concerns. $ for payouts are not as important so long as the $ are going to a good charity.

PinGolf and Brawl style play

#866 11 years ago

No worries Randy. looking forward to playing it when it is all done.

I do really like hanging out with pin friends and working on pinball as much as playing them.

1 week later
#888 11 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

2 days without a post in MN/wi/IL/etc thread!

whoa whoa whoa... No IL allowed in this thread

#900 11 years ago

WOW! W?D did not last long in your collection Josh...

I just sold mine this past week and miss it. Hopefully what I am picking up this next weekend will fill the loss

#927 11 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Got my fix tonight. All better for now.

so which are for sale??? I think I may have 'dibs' on a certain title that you already own...

#930 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Wha? I thought yours was a definite keeper? What happened?

It was apparently less of a keeper than TAF, CFTBL, CONGO, FT, RFM, and Tx.

In other words > I should not have sold it, but I am out of room. It was my least favorite (even though I really liked it) and it was working 100% which meant it was an easy sale. Actually a nice pinsider contacted me and wanted to look at it. He liked it and made me a fair offer.

The positive is that I get to try out something new >> picking it up on Friday and will divulge the title then.

#948 11 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Is ES that good or does he just have a nice one. I need to find time to set mine up.

From what I remember ES is good but admittedly it has been a while since i have played a nice one.

#967 11 years ago

I agree, talk to Corey (centerflank). He is a good guy and will give you an honest opinion on if AVLE is worth it. If he is done with AVLE then he may even trade you for CV...

I actually like both games

#987 11 years ago

Just be sure to rub your balls before you drop em in the trough... Tron does not like dirty balls.

#1003 10 years ago

I can vouch for Chris being a great guy and he is liking underselling this game as it is quite nice!
If I had the cash available or an AVLE, my pockets would be empty and I would have this CV happily in my home.

#1021 10 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Alright, I gotta price police myself on this one. I was being way too optimistic at $7.5k. Let's say $7k OBO which I think is more realistic. That puts it a bit under the Boston Pinball ebay year to date average, so that's a good starting point. Still would most like to find an Avengers LE. Pictures are uploading now and I'll be placing an ad on the marketplace and main forum soon.

man you have little patience and I just have too little cash

#1023 10 years ago

right on. maybe I am remembering it as much nicer than it was. I don't get to see/play a CV very often so when I do I tend to be a little beer goggley...

#1029 10 years ago

Looked at the photos. The game is pretty damn clean. I think you should be at the 2012 average or slightly higher. 7200 is a fair price IMHO. Cab issues are really not too bad (btw the holes in the cab are just from where an OP likely have a metal sign tacked to the side at one point), the pf issues are really less than average compared to the CVs I have seen.

JMHO and good luck on finding whatever you are looking for Jedi.

anyone who buys it should insist on Jedi leveling the game and giving it his final stamp of approval ...

#1063 10 years ago

Congrats! That is a totally new flavor for your already awesome collection!

#1074 10 years ago
Quoted from tullster:

For you Madison area folks... BBH & R&B are gone at Eastgate Cinema, and an Avengers pro & Fish Tales are in their place.

Thanks for the heads up Tully! Where did BBH and RandB go?

#1076 10 years ago

any chance you guys are getting a MET to put out?

#1078 10 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Hopefully you'll have that BBH around your place long enough for me to get down there. That's a game I really want to spend some quality time with. The few times I've played it on route I've really enjoyed it.

Tully pin party!!!!

#1082 10 years ago

What else is coming out of the basement...

#1097 10 years ago
Quoted from policano:

Hello Minnesota/Wisconsin! I wanted to introduce myself to Pinside. My name is Tony and I currently live in Woodbury, MN. I have had a small collection of Pins for a few years and only recently discovered Pinside and my love for some of the DMD pins. I have added 3 new games to my collection in the recent past and have been having a blast! I have met some great people here on Pinside as well as Jonogo
Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

welcome!
I love this sentence "I have met some great people here on Pinside as well as Jonogo "

Josh is a good guy to...

#1101 10 years ago

make a trip to either twin cities or chicagoland. Lots of pincades to check out in those hotspots. makes me envious that we do not have anything in Madtown or Milwookie.

#1104 10 years ago

sounds like the best plan to me Chris! More ROOM, More RoOm!!

#1113 10 years ago

I have said it before and will say it again. I would LOVE to find a cheap but safe place somewhat locally (love the idea of johnson creek due to central location between the 2 major cities) to rent and turn into a club similar to what Clay has in MI. I would happily take a few of my pins to such a place and if we could get 20-30 of us to each bring a few pins we could create a new pinball place.

I am sure it would be extremely difficult to find the right place and zoning laws would have to allow it, but it would be super cool! We would probably need a retired pinhead to be the central operator, but would be great to be able to open it to the public every so often for a fee in order to help pay the rent...

Maybe someday int he future i will hit the lotto and could just have a huge property and build my own pinspot.

#1139 10 years ago
Quoted from tmac:

I think one will be popping up in the Madison area.

Do tell!!!

#1143 10 years ago

Awesome news JEDI!

#1162 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

Forgot to put this GREAT pic in my last post

hey, that is cheating

#1166 10 years ago

Neo is the local guy to talk to!

#1179 10 years ago

That is cool, he is a 'soter' so we don't expect much from him

#1188 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Actually, I'd argue that Milwaukee is one of the better places to find pinball still.

Yeah, but they are all spread out at different places. I want 1 place with 10 good playing games. I am not going to drive 90 minutes to play a few games here and a few there when most of them are somewhat crappy condition anyway...

Would love a barcade somewhere within 45 minute drive that had 10 pins, a few arcades, maybe a bar suffleboard, darts, pizza, and beer. I would spend $$$ there ona regular basis if the games played well. Hell, I would offer up my games to them to rotate in at times just to keep the line up fresh.

Maybe in ~7 years when I plan to retire I will just open something up...

#1197 10 years ago

avengers is at east gate cinema now. Bullseye claims that they will be getting and putting out a METpro sometime in the next month, but I am not holding my breath.

#1199 10 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Anyone been to the Up North, lately? Anything there worth playing?

xmen upper flipper was sticky last weekend. the lotr has a flipper rebuild but they are completely lopsided and it still has a few switch issues...

if you are going to go, give me a shout. Wife is busy studying for finals so I should probably stay out of the house tonight.

#1204 10 years ago

any local madison guys want to grab a beer and play some pins tonight? I am ordered to either be quite or get out of the house tonight so the wife can study.

Rossi's, Up North? anyone? Bueller?

#1206 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Road trip !
I'm waiting for you.
LTG : )

unfortunately it would be Sunday by the time I got there...

#1208 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No problem, I'll be open for you.

LOL

I do need to plan ahead and make a trip up sometime soon!

#1212 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

You should plan the trip around Steve's pinball picnic. You can hit his place and Llyod's. If you leave an extra day in there you can hit blainbrook.
Chris

That would be great, but unfortunately the hotrod party is on the holiday weekend and I already have a wedding to attend on sat night. Arrgghhh >> damn weddings on holiday weekends!

#1216 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

maybe we should do a group trip sometime? All pile into one vehicle and go. All chip in for gas it would be cheap. I can fit 8 in the pin hauler and get 25 mpg.

sounds like a great idea!

Lets plan a weekend in June. Maybe leave super early on Saturday morning and make a full day of it?

#1225 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Around 18.
How many can you play at the same time ?

I can only play 3 at once...

#1238 10 years ago

So, what do you say Neo?

You have the most efficient/biggest vehicle. You want to do this thing?
By the sounds of it we may need 2 vehicles if we get as many hard commitments as tire kicking...

Which weekend?

Maybe anyone from the Madison area or west (Pauly) can meet near the interstate on the east side of Madison for an easy pickup point?

I propose we plan for super early leave time on a Saturday morning as it appears to be 4.5 hour drive to LTGs from Madison?

#1250 10 years ago

June 22 works best for me

#1265 10 years ago

I really wish I could make it up for Steve's BBQ, but holiday weekend combined with a damn wedding have pretty much killed it this year ;(

#1271 10 years ago

Congo instead

#1291 10 years ago
Quoted from Dawson:

Anybody ever been to this place ? I called and now it's a storage unit the sticker is one the back glass on my fathom

Rusty or Chris may have some knowledge on them, as they both seem to know of every operator in WI.

I think Lakeland went out of business years ago if I am thinking of the correct OP.

#1292 10 years ago

congrats on the game Tmac! About damn time

They actually reproduce asexually like gremlins. What is next on your wishlist? We can keep an eye out for you.

#1294 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Congrats man! You picked a great pin to be your first! So we gonna see it at the Waunabowl? (j/k)

nah, MRP is before the next wanna

#1315 10 years ago

Don't disrespect my main man by even joking of him wearing green and gold!

#1318 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ha! I didnt write the article, go harass sports pickle!

I heard they fired him after he asked rodgers how tall he is...

#1329 10 years ago

when you MN fools going to sign up for MRP???

Get some of that fun down here in Madtown!!!!!

#1339 10 years ago

did the horse show up???

#1345 10 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

WALL ART WANTED: I'm looking for playfields, backglass and translites to use as wall art in my game room. If you have something in the $20 to $40 range, please send me a PM.

There will be some wall art available at MRP as part of the prize pool. Get registered fool

#1370 10 years ago

really???

I have never even heard of great american pinball!!!

must be a new company!!!

???

#1372 10 years ago

Sorry for forgetting the sarcasm font. I found it comical that even the WI/MN thread is suseptible to retailers dropping in from out of state just to advertise.

It is nearly impossible to even be remotely into pinball in the midwest and not know of GAP.

I suggest calling GEX if you are looking for NIB. I have not yet personally bought a NIB, but from EVERYONE I have talked to locally that has, JJ has been both fair and honest when selling NIB.

#1374 10 years ago

glad things are on the up swing Dan! LMK if I can help ever.

1 week later
#1422 10 years ago

Nice to see the info is out. Mr. Taylor's is in fact the place for WI state! I unfortunately spend more time helping than playing so chances are that i will not make the cut ;(. I can only hope that the IL and MN guys have enough pride to not border hop to WI and instead play in their own respective state finals...

#1425 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I don't think any MN people will. Those that would place in WI already are in the top 16 in MN. We don't have any huge events coming up this year, besides maybe the fall league, that could change the seedings that much before the end of the year.

Yeah, but those that want a better shot of winning state may come to WI... Then they can go to nationals. IMHO. A huge flaw in the current system.

#1430 10 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

I actually lived closer to Milford and Lake Mills off A, but it was a Johnson Creek mailing address. My x-wife worked in Waukesha and I worked in Madison. Miss it a lot (the area, not the x-wife).

Move back! Lots of great pinheads in the madison area and lots of hot young coeds for any divorcee to have fun with till you fiind a like minded woman to hang with on a more regular basis.

#1435 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Saw Neo post for SW WI league. Anyone interested in doing a league in NE WI?

I will drive up! when is the next party Tom? aren't we due or are you still waiting on WOZ?

1 week later
#1478 10 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

I am on the hunt for a RBION so let me know if you spot one or have one for sale around the pinside and Bostonpin average price. Thanks gents.

invader................

#1512 10 years ago

I vote, SST, SS, pistolpoker. In that order.

I am guessing you are working on mystery castle first???

1 week later
#1585 10 years ago

I'll do $100 if Josh delivers...

#1609 10 years ago

OK, OK OK...

This is all I can offer...

Do we have a deal Tony?

// Error: Image 115435 not found //

#1639 10 years ago

On that note, I have been playing my FT more than any other game ever since MGC and still can not get on the board. I put one score up (3rd) when at MGC and Brad (drstark...) put up #2, but everything else is still factory. Arrgghhh... I will often put up 150mil on ball 1 and then just fall to pieces on balls 2 and 3>> the pressure always gets to me and I implode.

#1644 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

If you have that baby set up as tough as you did in Clock Chaos I can see why it's hard to beat.

Yup, set up mean as nails, just how I like em

I actually changed the ball saver to add 2 more seconds over factory which helped slightly to keep the heart rate down on bad beats/house balls. I also changed replay to an extra ball to have a better shot of getting further.

#1678 10 years ago

I always stay 1 version behind on the most up to date code so I have an easy out...

#1683 10 years ago

ouch!!! that is low...

1 week later
#1792 10 years ago

gives "cheese pump" a whole new meaning...

#1800 10 years ago

oh yeah, duffman likes!

#1848 10 years ago

Jedi > I do not see anything in your collection that would work for me right now, but I am thinking it is time to switch things up for me also

If anyone is interested in working a trade for my nice CFTBL (includes nice IPB reproduction pf; not installed) then let me know. I would be most interested in trading 'down' and getting some cash back as $$$ are still tight for me. Could do a lateral trade for the right game or even an outright sale for the FMV price.

I think my wishlist is pretty current but also open to ideas (not looking for any more projects as I have enough of those).

#1851 10 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Heads up for anyone looking for Whitewater.
chicago.craigslist.org link

If anyone wants to buy it and work out something for my CFTBL, LMK.

That is a title I would be interested in owning someday.

#1852 10 years ago

#1853 10 years ago

... doh ... triple post

#1859 10 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

I've never been a HUGE fan of Creech, something about the PF being completely obscured by the ramps and other stuff bugged me. I've only played 3-5 games on it at Lloyds so this may be part of the reason.
I recently picked up a Flintstones in a trade (another Trudeau, like Creech) and was worried about the same type of blocking and layout..
After 10+ games on Flintstones, I'm loving it. Loving the design, playfield layout, everything. I think it's time for me to take another crack at Creech!

That is a complaint I have heard alot, but honestly I do not feel like Creech has any shots blocked.

They are all very open and I can see exactly where I am aiming for the opening. Snack bar may be just slightly obscured but not for my height/perspective...

#1861 10 years ago

It is very hidden coming out from the pops but it is also a very predictable pattern so I you always know where it will return to.

#1881 10 years ago

In case some of you are on the fence, better act soon. Only 6 spots remain for the big madison area tourney! www.madrollinpinball.com

Weekend of sept 14th

1 week later
#1924 10 years ago

Dave >> I think MGC will also have more pinball space this year which may help with the things you dislike about it???

#1931 10 years ago

glad to hear you will be coming to the after party Dave. I missed being able to play pinball with you last year...

#1944 10 years ago

This is the same one that was at UpNorth before being replaced with a new game.
It is pretty beat and they quoted me 3k when it was still on location a few months back. I passed at that price which should tell you something since I love to buy games and sink way too much money into them.

Unless you can get it for sub 3k you would be better off looking for a nicer one and paying more IMHO.

#1946 10 years ago

It was not worth playing at all. I put money in it each time I went to play XM and was mad at myself each time. the last few I just left the balls in the lane and walked away.

#1954 10 years ago

Nice to hear you are going Josh. Maybe I can convince a few of you guys to get signed up for MRP...

#1999 10 years ago
Quoted from tmac:

Tony sighting!!!! 2 days ago! Tony get a hold of Hilton! It is about Mad Rollin.

He got back at me. Unfortunately he is a little sally and can;t handle drinking with the WI crew more than once a year in our home state

(Just a joke for those that do not know)

#2014 10 years ago

Looks like I sold my Creech. I still have the nice IPB pf if anyone is ISO.

I am happy to trade towards something else or sell straight up. LMK if any regional guys are interested.

Would be nice to pick up another solidstate game for the stable...

2 weeks later
#2155 10 years ago

LOL that one gave me a good chuckle Tim.

#2166 10 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

It is officially available if anyone is interested in this great example!

Price?

#2168 10 years ago

Sorry, not interested in silent auctions against my fellow WI/MN pinheads.

If you have a price in mind then just post it. I am not playing silly games where you field offers and see what pops up.

#2172 10 years ago

No assumptions here...
No price with a request to PM offers is clear.

FTR, My Creech was priced with a pretty fair price and OBO as it sold in short time and for close to the asking price. I was not asking some astronomical price with an OBO just to circumvent the BS.

I put up a fair price with obo. Please don't lump me in with the group Dave described.

#2227 10 years ago

You can wait to play it before buying also. Less chance of regretting if you play it and like it.

Gives me time to save up and buy you STTNG also

#2234 10 years ago

She should come meet more of your WI pinhead friends...

#2253 10 years ago

back off dave !!!

also... you are too late sucka ....

#2256 10 years ago

mwha ha ha ha

#2259 10 years ago

maybe that is what it will take for dave to come over and play

#2262 10 years ago

hey hey hey. I prefer the term frugal!

I paid a fair price ( did not even haggle one buck) and am VERY pumped to have my first HUO game that I will happily dance along to when I play. I have not been this pumped for a game since I got my TAF!!!!!!!!

#2263 10 years ago

Mike, you need to hold on to TZ a while longer becuase I am out of cash

I will happily take it off your hands when the time comes.

You also need to be careful, if you sell too many then Vanessa may think that is the new norm for the house

#2269 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I don't care for euphemisms.
The boy just told me he didn't care for the game, so i wouldn't have bought it anyhow. Enjoy the game.
-dave

and here I thought he had good taste after he said FT was his fav at MRP

#2271 10 years ago

The correct answer is BOTH

#2274 10 years ago

nice!!! congrats

1 week later
#2319 10 years ago

If anyone is planning to go check out the Party Animal on the west side of Madison, no need to waste your time. It is a regular Joe that thinks it is in "great working order".

Reality is severe planking, worn to wood, broken plastics and ramps, sounds issue, and I did not even bother to open the backbox to look at the boards but I am sure they are scary based on the rest of the game.

He was asking $750. I told him he would be lucky to get $450. He asked if I wanted it for $450 and I told him no thanks.
If anyone wants a currently less than players machine then go for it. With a little love it could be brought back to life enough to be fun to play I suppose.

1 week later
#2382 10 years ago

You missed it!!! Last week a Rossi rep showed up and was handing out free cases of jugs to anyone that could post a picture of them enjoying the company's finest while playing pinball.

Then some other guy was offering 2 for 1 trades on cheese pumps for jugs of rossi.

Life would have been so grand!

You coming to expo?

#2391 10 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

No expo for me... unless the Rossi rep is headed there too ...

Actually I snagged a case of Carlo's best stuff and planned to bring it to expo. I guess I will just dump it down the drain, nobody else I know will drink the stuff

#2394 10 years ago

I am interested... What is wrong with it?

#2405 10 years ago

I would take it but I finally started digging into a new project and my funds are depleted and space it limited

Fun game and would be a perfect addition to my collection. Maybe next time.

#2440 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Moving you guys to a members only club sub forum (yes, most of those in there are for specific machine owners clubs but I believe all of these regional/zone clubs are meant to go in there as well now.

I have to down vote that. Rolling all of us into a box fir for just some old banged up machine ;(

#2459 10 years ago

This thread fits the ALL Pinball heading more than anything else, "Stuff that does not belong in any of the other sub-forums".

We are not Black and White here. We are grey (That is what happens when you mix Green/Gold and Purple/White with a little Blue/Orange)

In this thread we talk about everything from modding to sales to restoration to events to off topic to tech to why tigerlaw is obsessed with moving around threads

#2507 10 years ago

I may only get to say this for a very short time "DA BEARS, 1st place NFC North"

Hey-O

p.s. I don't expect it to last long

#2509 10 years ago

sure thing, but it is custom to give any exiting members a WCS as a parting gift.

Feel free to drop it off later today. I will have the burbon ready to rock.

#2561 10 years ago

Wife and I are heading down late on Thursday. Transporting down CFTBL to its new owner. Bringing along the extra IPB pf (which is hopefully sold already, but if anyone else is interested as a secondary LMK). Putting a down payment for a future game (yes I have a disease)

Will be playing games till late Thursday night. Playing in brawl on Friday morning >> Heidi is pretty nervous/excited since it is her first real big competition. Shoudl be a blast.

We will likely hang out till after dinner on Friday before heading back.

#2563 10 years ago

Get with the program Russ

Head on down Thursday when things are not as busy and check out the vendor hall and then play pins till late! Should be a blast.

#2573 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

From the website it appears to be $175 to get in for a day? I know I would have fun if I went.

Russ > It is $25 for a 1day pass. That gets you in to the vendor hall and pinball playing area. Sounds like that also lets you go see seminars.

#2580 10 years ago

If anyone needs pintransport from Expo back to Madison area I can help out.

2 weeks later
#2732 10 years ago

welcome!!! Dr Who is an interesting and very different game!

What is going to be #2 in the lineup?

#2743 10 years ago

How about them Bears??? never thought they would win in GB again...

Gonna be a big game against the Lions next week.

#2820 10 years ago

I will be looking to solidify the helpers for Clock Chaos at MGC 2014.

Can I count on the same crew of crazies this year? I would like to get early commitment and designa special shirt for us

#2826 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I apologize if I brought any negativity to this thread.
Back to Wisconsin - the Packers quarterback that got hurt Monday night, is he okay ?

nope, but the Bears starting QB will be back in action this week ...

#2831 10 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

I'm in for 2014. Would be nice to have six or seven volunteers though so we can take a break from the action.

wimp

Yeah, I would like to find a few more than the skeleton crew we ran with last year. There is also a good chance that if enough of us have tablets then we can cut a step from the scorekeeping process and just enter direct at the time that a person is done. I am waiting to hear form Dan on logisitcs but there is a chance we will have slightly more room which would be nice.

The plan is also to start slightly earlier this year and end qualifying slightly earlier. This will hopefully make things a little less hectic.

#2832 10 years ago

thanks to those wiling to help out. It really is a lot of fun and I try to do something special to take care of the crew

1 week later
#2888 10 years ago
Quoted from policano:

Jonogo, Chris, and myself will be up at Sun Ray Lanes tonight around 8:00-9:00 to play some Friday pinball. Everyone is welcome.

wish I was closer!

1 week later
#2932 10 years ago

Welcome Silvercoin!!!

Side note >> Roadshow is not safely home in Madison!!! Still wrapped up but will set her up on Saturday.

#2935 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

This the one from the estate sale?

what estate sale?

nope, this is form Doot in IL. Great guy to deal with and great guy in general. We agreed on a price via txt 2 months ago, I gave him a deposit at expo, paid the remainder and picker her up today.

#2937 10 years ago

LOL

You gotta give to get brother

LMK when that Wwind needs a new loving home...

#2940 10 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

I thought you had dibs on my Whirlwind?
You cheatin' on me or turning into a Whirlwind polygamist

Like women, I'll take as many as I can get without getting the first one mad

In my case that means one.

We both know you will never sell your WW, but if you do I have $$$ waiting. Hopefully someday a game i call dibs on will actually come into my possession.

#2943 10 years ago
Quoted from ThePostmaster:

Didn't you call dibs on my Transporter to the rescue? It's available, I'll even deliver it to you.

How much are you paying me?

Quoted from PaulyB18:

That's BEARD Brother to you!

Not till I am made an honorary member of the club sucker...

#2969 10 years ago

If we had better route pinball in Madison, I have thought a pinbarcrawl would be fun.

Everyone signs up, goes to 3 different bars and plays X games at each.

1 week later
#3005 10 years ago
Quoted from tenuto:

Hi everyone, brand new to the forum and to the hobby. I've been interested in pinball for as long as I can remember, and have just begun to look around for my first purchase. Looks like you all have quite the community here!

welcome.

Come buy my Road Show. Perfect first game and you are local which makes it even better cause you can see it in person and then I can maybe still play it in the future.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-putting-out-feelers-rs-2250-in-madison-wi#post-1289917

#3016 10 years ago
Quoted from tmac:

Welcome to the Asylum Tenuto.

tmac > you ready for game #2 yet? buy my RS quick!

#3021 10 years ago

Welcome Frank.

Maybe we should start a new list of Madison area and MKE area people for possible league expansions next year (both leagues currently at capacity).

That said expansions will likely mean we also need people to join that have big enough collections and space.

For those new from WI > we do have a local forum that is pretty cool that Ralphwiggum was kind enough to set up and invite us to
wisconsinpinball.com

#3027 10 years ago

I have had a few pfs clearcoated.

A few by SSbodyman in Dekalb IL. He does nice work, but not sure if he is looking for pinball work or not. Hey is not a "pinball name" yet but his stuff is VERY nice and he has probably done 20 pfs by now so he has some experience. Steve did my FT and it has probably 1500 plays on it and looks just as good as when he did it. Great stuff and smooth as glass!

I have had Neo do some work also and his stuff is great! I am not sure if he will take anything besides clearcoats (i.e. no touch up work) as last I heard he has a back log. Neos stuff is slightly better than Steves but he also has more experience and and associate price with his work.

#3044 10 years ago

I vote whatever is working best, but would like to see SS or Xenon!

#3046 10 years ago

Ok, then I vote you find a way to bring 3 pins

#3059 10 years ago

Bryan Kelly is always selling BS...

#3067 10 years ago
Quoted from PaulyB18:

Yep - It was my game and it looks and plays great. (Thanks Guys!) Very fair price for a great looking example. Jim is a great guy to deal with!

WTF, you are selling games to MN guys before even giving a shot to your WI brothers

#3069 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

How can he sell it to you if you don't call dibs on it?

I called preemptive dibs on every game Pauly owns

#3072 10 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Whysnow buy it and I will deliver next weekend!

Would love to try NGG sometime, but scraping together funds for a grail right now...

#3078 10 years ago
Quoted from PaulyB18:

WTF! I gave you a shot. lol

yeah. just ribbing you.

If I had more money I would need a bigger house

#3089 10 years ago

actually you are due for probably a few more. Just sell all those silly car things and buy more pinball!!!

#3094 10 years ago

keep me posted with some prep time if you decide NGG is not a keeper. I do really want to try that out sometime.

#3096 10 years ago

no, I actually would like this one and we all know if I call dibs that means I will get passed by...

#3112 10 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

I'd prefer local and/or no driving for me. blockquote>

are you feeling ok?

#3121 10 years ago

sweet, all these other guys calling dibs on NGG means almost assuredly I will get a real shot at one from Ralph this time!!!

#3153 10 years ago

meh, POTC sucks. Esp that turd

#3171 10 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Anyone here getting a Predator? I'm on the list but would live to play one prior to all in. Btw, I'm # 51 I think.

I am guessing there will be an opportunity to play a finished version before needing to go all in. I need to have a couple of hours on it before sending in more money as that is a very big purchase for my pocket book.

1 week later
#3262 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Just brought home a Stargate. Time to move it in and set up.

Congrats!

Report back with how you like it after you get some time on it.

#3265 10 years ago

I think most SGs have mylar?

#3287 10 years ago
Quoted from tmac:

Mad Town Crew! I just played Avengers for the first time ever at the Crystal Corner and got my Initials on it (#3) you not playing it or am I just that good.

where was my invite? I was a bachelor last night as the wife was visiting her fam...

I have still not been down there to play it.

#3290 10 years ago

no worries

1 week later
#3378 10 years ago

Sounds like I decided to leave WI for a week at the right time. Stay warm fellas.

1 week later
#3447 10 years ago

congrats, great score on both!!!!

#3475 10 years ago

took me a while to figure it out!

#3480 10 years ago

what is your table?

also, should be plenty of time to sneak away for some pinball action

#3484 10 years ago

Happy B day Ton-Loc!

#3506 10 years ago

I would guess it is closer to 50/50 pins/games but I rarely venture outside of the pinball hall which will be even bigger and better this year!

Basically get a room at the hotel now as you will want to stay there if not an easy drive home for you.

Buy the weekend pass. During pinball hours hours the hall is open and TONS of great games (many collector quality that locals bring to share) and ALL set to free play.

There will be games EVERYWHERE! Seriously... IN spare hotel rooms. IN hallways. IN the Lobby. IN the elevator, well maybe not the elevator but I did here talk of it last year...

Seriously the best show in the midwest hands down for pinball playing and having a blast!

Great tournaments also!

#3509 10 years ago

Yes, a pin is required to gain entry into the after hours on SAT evening. One of my favorite things abut MGC is how well they treat the people that bring games.

#3511 10 years ago

Yeah you are probably right. The sheer size of the pinball machines just takes up a good chunk of space.

I think I counted 122 pinball machines in total last year. I have not heard numbers this year but sounds like they will be able to fit a bunch more and still make it more spacious for comfort when playing.

#3516 10 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

Ah that explains much and I will be attending. Thank you.
Just a couple of questions:
What's the best day to go?
Is it a good place to try to buy pins? (if my previous house finally sells, I might be able feed the urge to collect more)

I think Early and then all day Sat is best. Earlier will give you more chance to play more games quicker. Once stuff fills up then you will spend more time waiting just because the hall will get busy.

That said, pinball playing is only a small part of what it is all about and meeting a talking with people is the best part IMHO.

There will be games for sale. Just like real life, there will be some from retailers that are just like you would expect for retailers. There will also be some from collectors that will be just like you expect.

I am guessing someone will start a "what are you bringing to MGC" thread soon and will likely say if it is for sale or not.

#3523 10 years ago
Quoted from jpolfer:

If anyone is interested in competing in the side tournaments at the WI State Championship, please send me an email at [email protected]. The side tournaments are open to anyone, but the address is being provided only on request.

I encourage anyone interested to attend! This is a VERY unique opportunity to be able to visit likely the largest single collection of games in WI!!!!!

I think it contains every wedgehead made??? Probably one of the biggest private collections of games and a wide variety from woodrails to DMDs. I have no idea what is available for play but just seeing the collection is flat out amazing.

Pretty cool of Tom to open the doors to the general public and not just the SCS players!

#3539 10 years ago

Friends win out every time Tmac. The choice is simple.

#3544 10 years ago

sounds like it is time to start the "what are you bringing to MGC thread"? Who takes the honors? Rusty, is that your thing?

#3568 10 years ago

Ken > I put you as the odds on underdog favorite. Just keep your head in the game and channel the mojo from Wauna 2013. Focus on making your shots and let it all happen. Just remember, it is ONLY pinball and it is just the regular old crew hanging out playing pinball on a typical Saturday.

Of note, Jason W. does not like playing pinball before the sun goes down. Some sort of vampire pinball thing he has going on. Bring some garlic along and he may really faulter...

#3584 10 years ago

Heads up guys >> An event to raise some funds for Barry O.

Plus some good beers and good times with good people. Get signed up!

https://sites.google.com/site/helpbarryo/

#3587 10 years ago

dangnabit... I already helped you get a W?D once before...

1 week later
#3642 10 years ago

People that are coming down for ChrisS party are also welcome to come early and go to TomT's for the IFPA WI SCS. There are 2 side events for charity that are open to the public and you can of course come watch Ken and Ian clean house and kick everyones butt!

#3648 10 years ago

How much Ken bribe you to put scared stiff in?

#3654 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

That's more like it.

He is going to have to actually make it past the first round to face me

#3660 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I really hope we get good pot

oh snap... it is that kind of party!!!???!!!

#3664 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

You tell us. You're the one who went to CO.

I will bring you something special for after SCS Ken. We can't have you disqualified for game enhancing substances.

#3698 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Hey All,
So I now have a pile of beer that needs to be drunk. (You all let me down as Wisconsinites last night)
If someone would like to claim it for the next league event hit me up.
I think you will end up with about 10 to12 6packs.
Let me know
chris

Could always donate it to the WI Barry Oursler event on March 8th if you want?

#3700 10 years ago

Event I set up to help raise money for Barry Oursler.

Limited to 16 people as I have found more than that in my house is uncomfortable. Already filled up but if you are looking to get rid of beer, that is the theme of the event (along with raising $320 to donate to Barry)

https://sites.google.com/site/helpbarryo/

I am not sure if anyone will be down by you between now and then, but I have a good idea that the people in attendance will be happy to drink up. No worries if we can't figure it out. If anyone is coming to waunabowl and wants to bring it, I could grab it then.

#3703 10 years ago

LOL, not quite yet but getting there!

#3721 10 years ago
Quoted from tmac:

Just posted on CL this morning a World Cup Soccer 94' in Eau Claire, WI. On the Minneapolis CL. $2220 Looks like someone got lucky with the Addams in the picture. Cheeseheads (adopted Cheeseheads also) let's not let this one cross the border!
minneapolis.craigslist.org link

Damnit Tmac, haven't you learned by now that posting local clist ads to Pinside is good for nobody local that is trying to buy a game...

(sorry that was the stache talking)

#3739 10 years ago

Whatever happened to that SST tony?

I need to try that out at some point

#3745 10 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

I want to trade my WCS94, let me know what you got. Prefer Local, even up or trade down + cash. Can deliver within an hr or two, if needed. Wantlist is current, but will consider any pin. Send PM for quickest reply.
Game is in nice shape. Plays great, I'd call it a very nice players game. Cab is good, PF is clean with very little or no wear, slight insert lifting on a couple, new soccer ball, full CT or eq LEDs in GI/PF. New Cherry DMD, new gold legs, new coin door. Plunger could use a new sleeve on it, but works as is. Extra plastics and manual included, Pics upon request. Quite a few pinsiders have seen/played this game.

Why don't you and Tony work out a trade WCS <> WWFRR ?

#3767 10 years ago

bummer man!

#3780 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

adult choices? This sounds serious. If you have to move and sell off all your pins, I want dibs on GNR and Sopranos. Oh and the bubble hockey.

sorry you are too late to call dibs... I have that cornered for all of WI

#3783 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you stay in your middle of the state, and i'll keep the SE corner contained. I think we will just race and see who arrives first. I'd have everything broken down and hauled home, set back up, and leveled, before you even made it halfway here.

So long as you are paying "Neo is selling prices" that is cool. Chris is a good guy and deserves top dollar.

If he is selling at Neo "price check" prices then it only seems appropriate that the games go to the less fortunate like myself.

deal?

#3786 10 years ago

you bringing the horse head this year Tony?

#3793 10 years ago

just having fun Neo

#3798 10 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

You two need to make some sweet, sweet man-love and get it over with.

I call tops.

#3803 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Twice in one week? how much do you think his butt can take?

Since we all know you are working with "price check" numbers but talking in "make me sell" numbers, I think I will be fine.

1 week later
#3840 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

Posted in main forum but figured I'd ask here as well. Co-worker is looking for a Fish Tales. No hurry. Willing to wait for a good deal. Thanks.

Youa re doing it wrong. Supposed ot get the co-workers to sell you their old games form the basement, nit be more competition to buy up the few good games already on the market

1 week later
#3908 10 years ago

worth mentioning in here that madrollinpinball registration opened up today.

www.madisonpinball.com

I would love to see some MN guys come down and have some fun. Looking like 24 games this year, with 18 holes of pin-golf in the morning and pinbrawl in the afternoon. Cheap hotels right next door to the place and a super fun time. This is NOT your typical event and best part is that it is all for charity!

1 week later
#3945 10 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

I own a Rollergames, but it's not running at the moment.

same thing here! Looking forward to getting mine running sometime soon. Just needs a full teardown, cleaning, coils rebuilt, and good waxing.

Mine has full mylar and I'd like to pull it but have heard horror stories on this era of all the paint pealing so I will likely leave it as it.

#3961 10 years ago

plenty of help to load in

Setup Times: The hall will be open for setup with staff to assist you starting at 1pm on Friday afternoon.

advice > sign up for clock chaos NOW if you are coming on Friday and want some fun competition. Likely only a few spots remain. Also, sign up for Tom Taylor's tour (if not already sold out?)

#3962 10 years ago

also, be sure to email and tell them you are bringing a game

#3966 10 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Don't worry, we'll have plenty of our little "vitamins".

I did not know you guys partook of vitamins...

#3973 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Unless I've totally missed something, they are talking about actual vitamins. And whoopie pies

Well of course! That is what I meant. What did you mean????

#3978 10 years ago

You are going to need a burbon bribe just to make sure I record your score now

#4043 10 years ago

You guys really should just buy a used but nice enclosed trailer.

#4049 10 years ago

I have my old but nice TAF pf available if anyone is interested. Would be nice to trade towards something.

I have a few guys that contacted my via my TAF resto thread but not sure if they are still interested.

Pics can be found in this thread >> http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-not-a-taf-restoration#post-1527261

934 posts in this topic match your search for posts by whysnow. You are on page 1 of 4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.