1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#818 11 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Buying fever. Any RFM's out there?

There is a really nice single owner (documented) HUO only one here in Louisiana for $3,500; seller is a pinsider with a great collection. Gorgeous machine by the pics of it (I never saw it in person). I'd love an RFM in my collection, fun game.

2 weeks later
#984 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

For a bon fire? That's the only reason i'd put those 2 close together in the same proximity. both I feel are terrible games. Might not be Xfiles or SF2 terrible, but terrible nevertheless.

I just never understood this mentality. Some people say they dislike a game so much on their first play that they don't even finish there balls. I don't get how this is possible. All pinball games are fundamentally the person vs. gravity.

They all have some little trick or another (or possibly a randomizer like a magnet) that makes them a little different or a different shot pattern or music . . . but fundamentally they are not all that different to where you can say one is jesus and another should be burned.

Avengers and XMen are both good games. I think the shots on Avengers are a bit tight but it doesn't mean it isn't a good game.

2 months later
#1503 10 years ago

31 pages! Great thread you guys have here.

3 months later
#2437 10 years ago

Moving you guys to a members only club sub forum (yes, most of those in there are for specific machine owners clubs but I believe all of these regional/zone clubs are meant to go in there as well now.

#2444 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Please put is back where we belong. Some of the most popular threads on Pinside ever and these threads always stay friendly and orderly. Leave us alone unless we do something to deserve it.

Where do you guys belong? Why do you feel like being put in a club section is a punishment of some kind? Do you really want to stay in All Pinball because that is a mess to surf through and find whereas the club section will only have 100 threads or so in it tops . . .

I'm getting clarification on this from the other mods (because there are around 7 or 8 of these regional threads) . . . but why do you think they fit better in all pinball where they get buried and are hard to find? I'm genuinely curious as to how someone could view this as punishment . . . what am I missing?

#2447 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I don't see it as punishment and I don't use any of the sections, I head in straight from the home page every time. I put it in all pinball because I wanted it there. Let me reverse this and ask you, What does anyone gain by moving this thread where we don't want it to be?

Oh, I see what you are saying. This is an error in communication that I think I can clarify for you easily:

You can still head straight here from the main page; that doesn't change no matter what sub forum you are in. That is not a problem, nothing changes in that regard. Every single sub forum (including All Pinball, where you were before) shows up on the main page. You don't have to go into the sub forum to get here, it is the same as before.

However, for those who can't find it on the main page they can click the sub forum and find it basically instantly since there will not be 4,000 posts like in the all pinball sub forum.

Does this make sense?

#2450 10 years ago

Well, honestly, I don't care what sub forum you guys are in.

It had been talked about for a long time to move these out of the all pinball section as the all pinball section is challenging to turn off from the main page for people as people will miss out on a lot of information if they do . . . and people who aren't in your region are not always interested in your posts but they can't turn off an individual thread.

As I've said earlier, I've asked for clarification from the other mods and Robin. Relax for an evening and we will get it sorted out tomorrow when the other mods weigh in and perhaps we will add a new section for the regional threads . . . call them whatever you like.

#2454 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Then why did you move us?

I clarified this to say sub section you guys are in. I moved you because you needed to be moved and out of the all pinball area. As I have mentioned, I have kicked the subject up the chain and will wait till tomorrow for instructions.

Relax, this is not a big deal.

#2458 10 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

1. Don't start a land war with Asia
2. Don't incur the wrath of a bunch of WI Pinsiders. They aren't a club, they are a vicious GANG!
Yeah, I'm all up for a regional talk section. Definitely doesn't fit in any machine club sub-section since it's regional talk.

Yep, if we have a regional sub forum that is certainly where these regional posts will go. At the moment we do not have a regional sub forum so they came to the closest thing we had, the club sub forum. This may change tomorrow though; regardless, you'll still be able to access from the main page or from your favorites section. It is all good.

#2469 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Wisconsin-Minnesota Pinball Pals - (a Pinside club)
WTF is this title? I feel like I am in prison looking for someone to write to....

LOL, just to clarify . . . I did not do that. It is funny though. I'm assuming Rusty did that change.

Also, Robin and the other moderators agree, we want the regional pinball threads listed in the clubs section (it still appears on the main page). There are only seven regional threads that have taken off really, with this being one of the most successful - a testament to pinball in your area.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.