1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tiesmasc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7524 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It is official!!! WI now has a 2nd AMH on route and available for play by the public!
Stop on out to Schwoegler's in the westside of Madison and drop in some quarters!
We hope you enjoy!

Very very jealous... When I was in Denver on business I must have put $30 into AMH over 3 days. Enjoy all those of you near to this.

Now I just need to get a business trip to Madison again...

#7535 8 years ago

My 4 year old son had his first try at pinball last year on AMH at Pinball on a Stick. This year I had him try WOZ and afterward he asked to play AFM! And my 2 year old daughter had her first try this year on AFM and afterward asked to play TOTAN. It will be a yearly tradition... and I'll get them out to a SS Billiards event as they get older too.

2 weeks later
#7591 8 years ago

Any one in the twin cities have some pinball skates I could borrow?

#7594 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have the 3 wheel kind that I welded cups on so the feet won't slide off.

Thanks! I'll PM for more info/planning.

#7604 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

+1. Neil has been looking for a decent one for a while. If someone can find him one so I don't have to hear him talk about it everyday, I'll buy you a beer.

Corvette in Anoka --> minneapolis.craigslist.org link

#7615 8 years ago
Quoted from PinRaider:

Hope this is the one thanks.

So, was the Corvette pin the one? Curious minds...

#7648 8 years ago
Quoted from PinRaider:

I picked up Corvette this evening. It's in great shape.

Congrats! Glad it worked out. Looks very nice next to Mustang!

4 weeks later
#7840 8 years ago

Played GOT at morts Wednesday with no reset issues. Don't know about since then but pinballmap has it still listed. Also at Mackenzie and sun ray

2 months later
#8228 8 years ago

Copied from another thread as it seems germane...

Quoted from BigDaddyBanjo:

My sister-in-law is looking to rent some pins and a foos table for a post-prom party in northwestern WI ( close to the MN/WI Border about 60 minutes from the Twin Cities). Can anyone recommend a company or individual I could put her in touch with?

2 months later
#8446 8 years ago

New Barcade coming to Mpls...
http://www.citypages.com/restaurants/classic-arcade-bar-heading-to-uptown-this-summer-8168853 and they will have a large number of taps which will be nice.

It looks like they will (hopefully) have pinball too (if their Kansas City site (http://www.updownkc.com/) is any indication).

That said... if they don't have games or don't keep them up well we're fortunate to have Mortimer's, SS Billiards, Sun Ray and more very near by...

2 months later
#8673 7 years ago

So BNL are at the Cabooze on Friday... think they'll stop anywhere to play pinball? Mortimers? Lloyd's? East side? ???

2 months later
#8905 7 years ago

$100 Maverick (doesn't work) on craigslist (rochester area... zumbrota specifically).

Someone is going to get a great deal...

1 month later
#9073 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Hey everyone. Im looking for a Captain Fantastic in bad to okay condition. My father in law remembers it from childhood and I wanted to fix one up for or with him.

Blainebrook has one with a worn playfield that plays fine. (I didn't pay attention to backglass.) No clue if he'd accept an offer on it or not. (Nor do I know who you'd have to contact to ask.)

1 week later
#9123 7 years ago

Up Down is cheap... but filled with <25 year olds on weekends... and crowded as hell. If you need a drink with your pinball I'd say Mortimer's is the way to go. If drinks not required go to SS Billiards and get to know Lloyd we'll you're at it (a true asset to our hobby and worth supporting with your coin).

3 weeks later
#9144 7 years ago

Absolute joy to play the Cactus Canyon at Mortimer's today. This game was even better than I recalled (probably b/c it has CCC installed I believe) but I completely forgot how much fun and nostalgic it was with all the nods to other games both in dots, sounds, and some playfield items.

It is a shame not more of these were made.

Thanks D&G for putting this on location!!!

1 month later
3 months later
#9669 6 years ago

$500 Shadow in Rochester... now in my garage. Wow was I lucky that the seller believed in karma and that this shouldn't be an auction... and even held it for 2 days until I could pick it up.... even when he had 25 other callers and offers of up to $1200.

I gave him an extra $50 for holding it for me... and then another $100 after it was loaded and made his day... as he made mine. Happy seller, happy buyer... and so so lucky for only spending $650 total.

Now I have to go to bed, move it to the basement sometime, and then start the process of figuring out everything as it is very dirty, has a half working DMD, one ramp diverter doesn't move, and who knows what else... as I only spent about 2-3 minutes looking/playing it.... but did notice the sanctum wear isn't horrible...

Sweet dreams...

#9675 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Pics or it didn't happen!

Quoted from setzkor:

Wow, you mean that thing was real? I assumed the "...just needs a few LED's..." line was a sure giveaway that someone was messing with some flippers! Nice score!

Here's pics of the exterior. As far as the interior it definitely need more than a "few LEDs". I haven't set it up b/c I'm going to look into cleaning the legs with evaporust and repairing the area where the legs go first... (anyone with hints for that let me know).

001-LeftFrontCorner-LegDamage (resized).jpg001-LeftFrontCorner-LegDamage (resized).jpg002-RightFrontCorner-LegDamage (resized).jpg002-RightFrontCorner-LegDamage (resized).jpg004-BackLeftCorner-Damage (resized).jpg004-BackLeftCorner-Damage (resized).jpg005-BackRightCorner-Damage (resized).jpg005-BackRightCorner-Damage (resized).jpg006-CoinDoor-NeedLock,Cleaning (resized).jpg006-CoinDoor-NeedLock,Cleaning (resized).jpg009-LeftSideColors (resized).jpg009-LeftSideColors (resized).jpg008-RightSide-Colors (resized).jpg008-RightSide-Colors (resized).jpg

FYI: Here was my quick once over from memory of what's needed without any testing:
• All flippers worked
• Wall and magnet work
• Battlefield "flipper" works
• DMD issues (can only see lower half)
• Sanctum wear but I'm not sure if it was even to the wood yet
• One diverter doesn't move, other is sloppy
• Battlefield works... but not sure if the back drop targets were up or not
• Damaged decals/vinyl at legs
• Very nice color on cabinet yet
• Coin door missing lock and was duck taped closed (they didn't have key... fortunately I found the backbox key in the coin box)
• Lots of minor cabinet damage top level of laminate gone in a few places
• Legs needs cleaning
• Boards "looked" good with my 30 second scan of them so I'm optimistic but really have no clue right now

1 week later
#9706 6 years ago

Anyone have a good reference for someone who can repair/weld a broken bracket... and estimate of what it might cost? (Essentially just needs the corner added back on... and then two 8-32 threads...)

Alternatively if anyone has a shadow left divertor bracket (A-18956-2) or other suggestions for repairing this... please let me know.

BrokenBracket-LDivertor (resized).jpgBrokenBracket-LDivertor (resized).jpgLeftDivertorMech-LineDrawing (resized).jpgLeftDivertorMech-LineDrawing (resized).jpg

#9720 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd put a piece of metal below it. Drill four holes. Two by coil sides small. Bolt together and call it a day.
LTG : )

And... done. Thanks Lloyd... we'll see how it works out!!! (Cross posting to Shadow club...)
LTG-Suggestion Made Real (resized).pngLTG-Suggestion Made Real (resized).png

1 week later
#9776 6 years ago

How do you think the scam would work... are they just going to rob you?

3 months later
#10144 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Anybody in town do riveting? I need 2 rivets done to the mini pf of my Jackbot. Thanks

I've got a rivet gun and spare rivets (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NPT74C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00) if you think that would help... You certainly can borrow it and have the few rivets you need.

7 months later
#10997 6 years ago

copy/paste from facebook...
Iron Maiden stream incoming! Special Tuesday morning stream, 4/17 at 9 a.m. Eastern live from Tilt Pinball Bar: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

1 year later
#12826 4 years ago

@chriss

Quoted from ChrisS:Paris doesn't hold out much hope either at this point.

Visit the Paris Pinball Museum... must schedule in advance... see https://www.pinball-gallery.com/

Definitely not a lot of modern pins... and some that aren't in fully functioning condition but overall I was impressed with everything I played and got to try a ton that normally aren't available except maybe at shows or in private collections.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tiesmasc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread?tu=tiesmasc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.