1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparechange1974.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7343 8 years ago
Quoted from bintzknocker:

Can anyone in the Twin Cities area recommend a glass company to get a custom sheet of tempered glass. Had an incident this evening involving 2 children and the star slugger resulting in broken glass. (Resulted in an angry father but that's another story)
It would have to be custom because it's longer than a normal pinball sheet.

I had a custom piece done for a dining room table a few years back where they came out and measured then custom made the piece, I want to say it was Harmon's glass commercial division(not auto glass). You may want to try one of the companies online that sells pinball glass as well as the table glass had the green tint in it.

Pinball glass or invisglass.

5 months later
#8166 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Spiderman ve looks so freaking good in person

IMG_8566_(resized).jpg

How did you get to see it already?

2 months later
#8382 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tranquility base here. The Hobbit has landed.
LTG : )

IMG_1046_(resized).JPG

Yes it has

Can't wait to go back for some more, great game!!

1 week later
#8412 8 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Anyone on here in the Twin Cities do housecalls? Having some trouble with the GI on my TAXI.

I've had a good experience with Craig

http://www.craigspinballrepair.com/contact.html

#8415 8 years ago

If anyone's interested, I have a nice SM for sale!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/32374

2 months later
#8676 7 years ago

FREE**Box, pallet and side protectors for sending/storing populated playfield**FREE

When I did a populated play field swap Stern provided me with a box, pallet and Styrofoam protectors for sides.Done with the job and I was going to keep it just in case, but I have to make room. Hate to throw something so purpose built out. Does anyone want it. No charge, just need to pick up either in Greenfield or Wayzata(no shipping it please).

PM Me

Thanks

1 month later
#8807 7 years ago

Zombie has arrived in Minnesota! Just got home from 12 hour road trip to pick up Rob Zombie Spookshow International. There was severe storms both there and back, white knuckle driving for sure! When I arrived, Charlie and crew were so hospitable, he took time out of his busy day to chat me up for bit and let me play some of the games on site. I was a bit zoned out from driving, but have to say I'm really impressed with how neat and tight everything seemed to be run. Also really impressed with Americas Most Haunted. This was the first time I've seen and played that game along with Zombie(sensory overload for sure). Call me old fashioned, but there's just something to be said about shaking the guys hand(and having him thank me) who was personally involved in the game I just bought. I feel good about my purchase and can't wait to get it set up this weekend. Good people over there!!

IMG_0045_(resized).JPGIMG_0045_(resized).JPG

IMG_0047_(resized).JPGIMG_0047_(resized).JPG

IMG_0048_(resized).JPGIMG_0048_(resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#8873 7 years ago

Anyone else interested in doing a single sheet? I'm in for 1, but would like to make it 2. The website says it best to order 2 at a time, so if anyone is on the fence on a single sheet it would be helpful to round out the order. If I've got my math right, the cost for a single sheet without group buy would be $360 shipped and doing a package deal brings it to $295 shipped or maybe less depending on amount. Please let MustangPaul know as he is coordinating this transaction.

4 months later
#9195 7 years ago
Quoted from AudioHaven:

New Minnesota member here - been dreaming of picking up my first pin for a long time now! I'm a 2 channel audio addict (in case anyone ever wants to trade a pin for high-end audio gear ) and a little worried that the pinball could become an addiction as well - I can tell this forum feeds that! Anyway, I'm in the process of finishing my basement and adding my first pin - glad to be here!

Welcome! Great group of pinball people here and locally. Just remember, the pinballs breed and breed quickly they do.

4 weeks later
#9339 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

hey, i'm into whatever.

Thats great, I bring her right over. Make sure those leg bolts are tight, its about to get wild

2 months later
#9610 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

reminder for this weekend!
Come play the 2 hottest and newest games out there!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-launch-party-madison-wi-1st-april#post-3682978

Was on the way to MGC and the folks at Alt Brewery were nice enough to open just a bit early so we could play Alien. Really impressed with the game. Got to play titles I've never played before like Johnny Nemonic, NBA fast break and of course Alien! The older games were in excellent shape and fun to play as a result. Very clean, brand new place.

Also got a bite to eat at Schwoeglers(bowling alley). Incredible food and great service. Appeared to be a well kept place, large operation. Games were in great shape here as well. Here are some pics of both places. The pics are mixed together and the $12 Captain Morgan Pitcher(yes thats right pitchers of Captain) were at Schwoeglers.

IMG_1563 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_1563 (1) (resized).JPG

IMG_1559 (resized).JPGIMG_1559 (resized).JPG

IMG_1556 (resized).JPGIMG_1556 (resized).JPG

IMG_1561 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_1561 (1) (resized).JPG

IMG_1552 (resized).JPGIMG_1552 (resized).JPG

IMG_1558 (resized).JPGIMG_1558 (resized).JPG

IMG_1554 (resized).JPGIMG_1554 (resized).JPG

#9611 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

This coming Sunday the first ever pinball/drone racing starting at 9am at SS Billiards.
https://www.facebook.com/MidwestDroneRacingb/

This is cool!!!

2 weeks later
#9654 6 years ago

The pictures don't do the lighting in the games justice. Me and a friend were there this evening and these are some of the best lit games around. Also thought the play fields as a bar top were pretty cool

IMG_1925 (resized).JPGIMG_1925 (resized).JPG

2 months later
#9837 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

So, how does someone pick which one of their kids they like the best or the least? It's a tough problem, but when you enjoy collecting new pins, you have to face the dreaded moment when you need to move one to make room for the SWLE you've ordered.
I am most likely going to be looking for a good home for my TSPP... sort of an adoption, rather than a sale? The other alternative is to wrap it up tight and safe and keep it in climate controlled storage til I can get a larger basement. Not completely ruling that out at the moment. Keep an eye on the Mpls craigslist if you're interested at all, and don't be surprised if it actually never makes it there, as this is a tough moment for me. Also accepting useful thoughts on how to keep from breaking up my family!!

You may consider borrowing to a trusted friend for safekeeping short-term or do a buyback agreement. I've also found that removing furniture that is not utilized helps free up some space. Short run, finishing the garage(heat/floor/walls) might give you some extra space for relatively low dollars. Extra bedrooms are a nice place as well

1 month later
#9979 6 years ago

Anyone have a (HUO)Tron LE they want to sell??
I've got some trade bait-will be listing some for sale shortly
1. Twilight Zone (Bryan Kelly Restore)blacked out trim and wire form-(below is the restore job, I'm the second owner)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-packed-up-and-on-its-way-to-minnesota/page/6#post-2033565
2. The Walking Dead premium(HUO modded)
3. Rob Zombie Spook-show International (HUO)
4. Ghostbusters LE -Nice shape, original playfield no ghosting(HUO)

Added over 7 years ago: ***UPDATE***FOUND ONE

#9993 6 years ago

I'm out of room and have put some neat machines on the market. Let me know if you have any questions. Looking for a straight sale at this point in time.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “I'm selling my Rob Zombie Spook Show International Pinball #74 of 300. I'm the original owner of this machine and it has all the upgrades. This game is not for the faint of heart, ...”
2017-10-13
Wichita, KS
5,099 (Firm)
Archived after: 14 days
Viewed: 2222 times
Contributed to Pinside

#9996 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

GLWS Randy. I would have loved to buy your TWD Premium since I only got mine a couple months ago. Just like I would have loved to buy your SST premium earlier, but timing just hasn't worked out very well between us (and my wife... LOL). I know next time I'm in the market for a pin, I am going to call you first to see what's for sale. Ha. You don't happen to have a DILE tucked away anywhere do you?

Always fun buying and not so much selling. I'm going to cool my jets after this batch(famous last words). I can have that TZ wrapped and on the way shortly this afternoon, just let me know

#10026 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Picked up a VERY nice Jack Bot on Sunday from Todd (pinball4ever), stand up Pinsider and his collection is just WOW!!! Clean....clean....clean, transfer the dirt from the game to me then wash me off. I saw that new plastics and mini pf are being made so I'm getting them for sure.

Congrats Paul! It's going to look great in the line up

1 month later
#10188 6 years ago

I contacted the guy and he said someone was coming out the next day and I was next in line. I decided to pass and told a friend about it(got the sense it was rough, but a bit under the money). He contacted the seller and was told there were two people at $2200 and he was third in line. My friend asked if he paid him another $100 if he might move up in line and the seller said yes he could go to first place. After all that I told him best to walk away. A real piece of work there.

#10196 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I value my time about that. Taking a sudden day off from work, drive 12 hours, food and gas along the way, the related stress of not trusting the guy you're buying the pin from adds up. What if you drive there and the guy sold it for $2300 because someone was closer.
Shadow has been on my list, i've been hoping the pinballwarehouse gets one in.

Wise choice, the seller would have sold anyone out if he had the chance. The guy took a big risk driving from Iowa and I congratulate him on his purchase. Add a few hundred to get the pin nice(seller said it needed stuff), lost time and trip money and you'd own that thing right for what it's worth. At $1800, it was a deal and at $2200 it doesn't break my heart.

1 week later
#10221 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hi Jason, Welcome to Pinside, I take it you don't have any pins yet. You'll have to come over to my place sometime, lots to do here.

Honestly, once you go to Paul's place you'll be ruined. Seriously thought, it is probably one of the coolest game rooms in the cities and light show/mods are just incredible.

#10230 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The SS Billiards sign was disconnected today in preparation for demolition of the shingles starting Monday. First time in over seventeen years it's not lit. It will be a long wait until the new sign is up.

Are they letting you keep your old sign(or just the plastic face)? Such an iconic sign, it would make a really cool wall piece inside or keepsake.

#10238 6 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

^This . The quality of those games are unreal. Plus enough lights to make your head spin! Super jealous when I stopped over there.

Rockford! Small world, that makes 3 pinheads I know of around the Greenfield/Rockford area.

3 weeks later
#10300 6 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Have an NBA Fastbreak for sale in the marketplace. Decided to move on quicker than normal, decided I want to get a Star Trek Premium instead. We only have room for 2 pins in the room we have them in, can't do 3 or I'd keep it. My price is a bit higher than normal, but it reflects what I paid and the fact that it's the most flawless HUO I've ever owned. This one is beyond mint condition! No need to scramble around trying to find ramps that don't exist. No broken plastics anywhere and the hoop is flawless.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/55449

That's the nicest NBA Fastbreak I've seen.

#10304 6 years ago

Just finished my warranty cabinet swap, selling the old one. Graphics are in great shape and slight cracking is at the bottom. Great for a spare cabinet or project.

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “I just finished my warranty cabinet swap and I'm selling the old cabinet that had slight cracking. The graphics are in incredible condition and much of the hardware is included. Th...”
2017-10-22
Wichita, KS
275 (OBO)
Archived after: 9 days
Viewed: 248 times
Contributed to Pinside

#10321 6 years ago

Looks great Lloyd!

4 months later
#10926 6 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

Thanks Bill! $600 plastics was a combination of parts - solenoids, switches, posts, diodes, targets, springs, lag switches and other stuff. Lot of work. I can add a few pics but there are a few in white water club thread. Just search for my posts in there. Yes, this price is at a loss for me with parts and cost of the machine. I would need close to 9k to recover but I knew that going in - same for my BSD and FT! But if you really like the game the cost is not everything.

Bought your Spiderman a couple year back and the WW was beautiful. I'm thinking about it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparechange1974.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread?tu=sparechange1974 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.