1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider s1500.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#86 11 years ago

Hey kids. I declare 2013 to be the year I play more pins at peoples' houses.

Going to MGC this year. Want in on the after party. Have an open Honda Fit cargo bay if someone needs a transport. Last year's afterparty was fun as hell.

Also doing Clock Chaos tournament this year(never did any pin tourney last year), so I'm looking forward to it.

Always at the Blainbrook monthly Sunday tournaments with my usual crew.

#91 11 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

Got my Apollo 13 today!!! woot

So now has your gameroom lineup completely changed since last weekend? Heh

#98 11 years ago

Small world. I'm not the only person at my workplace going to MGC in less than 3 months.

#133 11 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

Is the typical approach to get a hotel for Friday and Saturday night? I'm coming from the Twin Cities and that's what I did.

Also, is this a 'walk around with a beer in your hand' event? Or do they like to keep the cocktails away from the machines?

I went for a hotel Friday & Saturday. It didn't break the band. You can walk around with a beer in your hand. Haven't seen any overzealous security to say otherwise.

#158 11 years ago

I vote for Grand Lizard, since I've never played it in person.

2 weeks later
#309 11 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

For anyone booking a room for the MGC online, it may say the block of rooms is gone. Just call the number they give you and they'll hook you up.

Weird reading your post and hearing your voice on the Spooky Pinball podcast(bleeps & all).

#324 11 years ago
Quoted from ThePostmaster:

Anyone going to MGC have room for Pinball glass to bring back? I'm looking at getting 2 regular sheets, and 1 P2K sheet. I'd pay in advance plus pad your pocket a little for the effort. Let me know. Thanks,

Bill

I do. I'm not bringing along a machine of my own, and no requests from anyone for me to bring anything down.

#329 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

s1500 >> please bring your WhiteForce to MGC. You are the only pinsider that even owns that game. I have never even seen one or heard of it.

At minimum, please upload some photos to the pinside database.

That 'ol jalopy? heh. I'll upload some photos to it, I promise. I still haven't fixed the situation where the solenoids go out(until I turn it off & on), put in a fake surface to prevent stuck balls, nor several other things. I'm ready to sell it cheap, in fact. Heh

#406 11 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

If there is interest in attending an event like this, I will create a separate thread for suggestions and event info.

I would be up for that. Lately my weekends have been boring, so time to get out of the house!

#420 11 years ago

Okay people, this thread is getting too Wisconsiny. More Minnesotan represent here.

2 weeks later
#511 11 years ago

Yes, I do hit the "activity" link more than anything else, but excuse me, there's one thing lacking in this thread lately: MINNESOTA and stuff. Thank you.

#527 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i've just come to the conclusion, that Wi/MN people are a bunch of socialites. We all have high Karma social ratings

Heh. The one thing with MN and social groups, cliques is that "you have to be in the scene to be in the scene". While there is the myth of "MN nice", we are a cliquey bunch.

#547 11 years ago
Quoted from Spyder777:

Yeah, why is that?

I wish I knew. Maybe it has Scandanavian roots? Maybe we just "don't want to make a scene", but moreso just stay in one.

#557 11 years ago
Quoted from PBaller22:

if anybody would be up to hit-up SS this Sunday or something. Feel free to shoot me a PM instead of a reply, as I don't mean to take up thread space. Just trying to get connected with some fellow pinball enthusiasts!

Welcome to the fold. Envious of your Black Knight 2K.
I would be up for Sunday for a bit(if I don't have plans otherwise). My last pinball fix was last week at a private party(which was a blast). Been a while since I hit SS. Used to work near there. What time range?

#559 11 years ago
Quoted from boomer:

I've been to SS Billiards and Blainebrook but I'm not familiar with Mortimers or Caffetto. Can someone give a rundown on the games at those two spots?

Cafetto: Last time I was there, they had 4 non-working machines. Sadly, one was BK2K and Stargate. Not sure what it has now.
Mortimers: The latest tables. X-Men, AC/DC, Tron,Avengers(I think), POTC, Sopranos, Rolling Stones. Plenty of fun stuff. I hope they get more tables since it's a fun place.

#566 11 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

This thread is getting too Minnesotaey.

Funny since I thought it was becoming 99% cheese & Happy Days a few weeks ago.

The last time I went to Blainbrook, the Avengers machine had nobody on it, yet a 3rd ball was ready to play. A walk-off on a dolla game?

The Tron at Mortimer's is great. I got a way higher score on that than the Blainbrook one. I was able to properly nudge & such. The BB Tron tilts if you look at it funny. Still remember the funny bounceback on Mort's AC/DC. The ball did a SDTM drain so fast, it bounced back up, so I did a quick right nudge, hit it with the flipper, and was back in the game.

#569 11 years ago

Just name a specific time at SS since I haven't been there in a while, and kinda filled up from the Blainebrook machines at the moment. Haven't played TZ, etc in a while.

#574 11 years ago

It should also be noted that if you are a player with a reasonable amount of skill, you can play either of those Stern games all day for a couple bucks. The replay values seem quite liberal. I can't comment on the FT as I've never dropped a quarter in it.

Yeppers to that. Earned a replay on Avatar there, and after I played 2 credits, I left for the bathroom. Heard the 2 knocks giving me 2 credits, and 2 kids quickly swiped it up. It was all good since it was mealtime for me there.

Deleo's has a real great setup there. Very good prices on the entertainment. I hope he gets more pins in.

Still need to try ToM at a place in Highland park in my old neighborhood. Not too far from that is a CFTBL at The Nook.

#579 11 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

DeLeo's owner Nathan is trying to get another pin in there, so we will see.

The more pins he gets in,the more he's just gonna attract those tourney weirdos and stuff.

#605 11 years ago
Quoted from PBaller22:

, then SS Billiards at 3:30pm, if anyone is interested in coming out for a few games. If

I'll try to make it to SS at 3:30. Look for a bald guy that looks like an English Bulldog.

#609 11 years ago

Good to meet fellow pinsiders. Shots were made, extra balls were earned, replay credits were shared. Even saw some Blainbrook tournament goers there(not sure if they are on here too). Saw 1 contrasting styles of play. A high-energy movin' & shakin on MM, and a carefully cradled, calculated slow play style in CFTBL. Both scored crazy points.

#649 11 years ago

I'm tempted to hit Mortimer's tomorrow night just for the convenience compared to hitting 1st ave & Hexagon bar. Gotta get out of the house.

#714 11 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Heading to MGC Friday morning and back on Sunday. Anyone need a ride or want to meet and convoy to the show?

I'm planning on leaving at 8am from the twin cities, and hitting up Rossi's arcade/pizza place at around noonish with some other twin cities folks.

#723 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

However, currently I am really just looking forward to celebrating at MGC. Friday can not get here quick enough.

This. Wow, MORE snow? Another low of 3? Yeah, we're getting tired of it moreso than WoZ bickering. It was warm out a year ago.

#732 11 years ago

Nice, I have that same arcade control panel as shown in the SMB cab. Joysticks only, so I had to shop for buttons at AxMan. Hopefully to be a future MAME controller.

#740 11 years ago

I'm jinxed.

2 machines at Rossi's arcade/pizza place reset on me when I played them. Fish Tales reset on me during Clock Chaos. But it was a blessing, since my 2nd attempt at scoring that netted me way more points.

Reset.

#742 11 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

That is one nice Fishtales. I didn't last long though.

Compare that to the Fish Tales at MGC last year. I casted straight down the middle numerous times. This one? I, through an amazing stroke of luck, casted, hit & locked 3 balls in succession.

I took 9th place overall in Clock Chaos, upping my score by 3x in the redo of Robocop. I'm happy with how I finished, and that was after 3 cocktails & a beer. I can't seem to get drunk.

#748 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry about that. It appeared to be due to the game being on the hotel power and not the Doc Ock grid during Clock Chaos. I reseated all connectors on Saturday afternoon and was then on MGC power in the main hall and no issues. Glad your second game was better. I would have felt bad if it was the other way around.

It's all good. The last Fish Tales I played at 2012's MGC gave me numerous STDM drains from casting, and no Doc Ock could fix that. This time, it was the opposite(3 ball locks like nuttin').

I REALLY liked that Atlantis pin. I played a botched version of it on Visual Pinball,and loved everything about it. Great artwork, great flow to the game. Everything lines up perfectly with it. Wouldn't mind having one in my house. First time I saw one in person. Got over a million on it.

1 week later
#805 11 years ago

I could hit that party. I'll be back from my vacation. The URL's giving me a 404.

#810 11 years ago

Good to see some Minnesota events happening here.

1 week later
#842 11 years ago

Spotted lightning flash in Mendota Heights, 7am. Thankfully my commute is 4.8 miles.

#868 11 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

ATTENTION ALL METALLICA FANS! D&G was lucky enough to get a Metallica LE a few days ago and it will be going on route at Mortimer's in Minneapolis! I will post back when I know it is going to be there.

Good guy D&G. Is there a new pin they can't get? Mortimer's is a nice Stern showroom with a bar thrown in it.

2 weeks later
#1134 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I might hit you up just to play Atlantis

The same one at MGC? I really enjoyed that game. Great artwork, great PF, good flow.

3 weeks later
#1341 10 years ago

So not one but TWO pinball BBQs happened in Minnesota?

Man Wisconsin, you gotta catch up.

4 weeks later
#1484 10 years ago
Quoted from slavall:

night at Blainebrook Bowl. In between there will be pizza, probably at Lola's and beer, probably at Happy Gnome. Are there other pinball places we should visit, prefarably that serve beer (Surly's would make it even better)?

There's Mortimer's. Forgot if they served Surly tho. Definitely Blainebrook serves Surly.

2 weeks later
#1631 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Who is trying to flip the $361 Hardbody from ebay? Anyone here?

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

I've only seen the $600 CL ad. What's the story here?

#1645 10 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

I've recently put up hi scores on both my new games, t2 and Earthshaker.

My son is REALLY digging both games! Which a change from him completely ignoring pinball previously.. Things are looking up!

Earthshaker you say? I might have to give that a whirl. Never played a real one.

Scored 142 million on ball 1 on Addams Family today. Then 6 mil(heh) on my extra ball after that. When you can do a chain of bear kicks(like 8 or 9 in a row), you're going to have a good time.

#1729 10 years ago

That Dr. Dude is priced great. Very tempting.

1 week later
#1835 10 years ago

If someone's going down there today, can someone reply here or PM me the usual going prices he has for the sale on early-mid 80s pins?

1 week later
#1882 10 years ago

I tried to get that Blackout on CL today. Responded within 20 minutes of ad, got nuttin' back.

why.gifwhy.gif

3 weeks later
#2024 10 years ago

I'm almost tempted to drop $10 so I can get this ad finally off of Craigslist once and for all. I truly have grown tired of seeing it:

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

#2055 10 years ago

Plenty of opportunities to put more content on this site, and we should do so.

#2072 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

If there is anything that anyone wants to be added, feel free to share it.

Lesee, off of my head:
1. links to pin retailers in the area
2. links to pin repair people in the area(if they have a website)
3. Um, I think that's all I can think of for now.

2 weeks later
#2237 10 years ago

A heads up about an EM for sale. Friend messaged me about it, hoping it won't get sold to a farmer for target practice. That..and Minnesota:

http://www.villiardauction.com/viestenz_photos.html

#2241 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I want the snack master

Chris

Look up the Unold Snack Master. A toaster with a fold-out grill for bacon & eggs. That to me is worth more than any pin.

#2244 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Saw a MM for 9k today on craigslist, then this popped up for 11k? think its the same one?

9K and no picture provided? Even the $10 plug & play pinball game has pictures, and that ad will never go away. That would make a great tournament prize. That game + a sledgehammer lending to smash it with.

#2296 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Looks like Al just got in some pretty nice machines, MM, TOM, and a few others.

He still has Firepower II listed there, which I wanted. When I inquired about buying it, I didn't get a clear answer.

#2298 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Did you ask over the phone or in person?

Directly in person, during the summer sale.

#2302 10 years ago

Three, THREE James Bond machines for sale on CL! Ah ah ah

#2329 10 years ago

Hmm, there's rumor of MM being remade, and suddenly MMs start popping up on CL. Heh. Why can't there be rumors of a Barrracora remake?

1 week later
#2412 10 years ago

The next time there is an arcade/pin auction, can we get a heads up here? I'm curious about 'em. That and looking for an arcade cabaret.

#2457 10 years ago

1. Don't start a land war with Asia
2. Don't incur the wrath of a bunch of WI Pinsiders. They aren't a club, they are a vicious GANG!

Yeah, I'm all up for a regional talk section. Definitely doesn't fit in any machine club sub-section since it's regional talk.

1 week later
#2585 10 years ago

It's 400 miles to the Westin, the pin is loaded in the car, and I'm not wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.(*)

(*) tomorrow morning

#2591 10 years ago

Having a blast at Expo. I'm running on 4 hours of sleep. All I ask is when it's 2am, use your dang inside voice in your hotel room. Heh.

#2613 10 years ago
Quoted from policano:

No, the Zaccaria pinball company from Italy. They make some pretty neat games.

I haven't seen any signs of Zacc games(or any other Euro pins) in the twin cities so far. If one were to pop up, I know several people who would be tippin' me off.

I wouldn't mind a KZ-26(from Playmatic) since it's so bizarre.

#2627 10 years ago

What I remember from the Spanish machines:
JP: The "whoooooeeee!!" callout when doing the ramp shot
Verne's world; Just about every word is mispronounced.
Fast track: I lasted about 20 seconds on that game.

But that's what gives these machines their unique beauty.

#2642 10 years ago

Good seller alert: lapean111 just sold me a Bally Vector with a smooth as buttah transaction. I forgot to get bolt #8.

#2644 10 years ago

Anyone know a good chromer that will do a table's legs + apron for a good price?

1 week later
#2764 10 years ago

Nothing went right with RQ. I wouldn't donate to a for-profit company, and didn't.

I'm looking to get rid of my Atari Middle Earth pin. 2 board sets(1 pulled from a working one). Complete. Price; free. Comes with a 100% "I won't take it back from you" guarantee. Pin does not work(and that's why its free)

#2782 10 years ago

I was not surprised in the least that RQ passed. When you have not one but two fundraisers for a place(which is not a non-profit), yeah, you're having issues. There was talk on reddit when they were a comic book store how they were trash-talking a competing well-known comic store. Comic store was gone, up went the toy store. Then the toy store became the arcade.

I also remember the constant talking-down to reminders on their Facebook posts(don't do this/that), which turned me away a bit.

A while back on FB he said if he had to close, it was because arcades in general were dead. Nope, just poorly-ran ones. There's other arcades across the nation(the barcades) that are doing just fine.

#2791 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

The key to a successful arcade, or really any business in general, is a fully functioning cheese pump. Chumps make everything okay.

Well there is that beer-dispensing pin that's out there. I'm sure it can be made.

So, three fundraisers? Jeesh. That I did not know. Welp,I hope the sold-off arcade cabs go to better places.

#2852 10 years ago
Quoted from policano:

That lineup is correct. Also will be adding Phantom of the Opera. The Playfield has wear in areas but we tore it down completely, waxed, cleaned, and LEDd.

Good to hear. Phantom is a stupid-fast nutty game that's fun to play.

2 weeks later
#2951 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

OK what you guys got for someone from Minneapolis?

Extremely cold weather.

Postmaster: for real, you have a Transporter? This close to buying a populated Transporter PF, but realize it would cost way more to build a machine around it.

#2982 10 years ago
Quoted from policano:

East Side Pinball is open Thanksgiving: 8:00AM-Midnight if you are passing through Saint Paul and need a quick fix!

I'm going to a redditor's house for a "Thanksgiving orphan" dinner, so I just might do that after.

#2984 10 years ago

Stopped by Sun Ray and got to play ID4 for the first time. Played a 2 credit game, and got really great scores. That game must have lasted me 20 whole minutes. A really underrated game. Somehow managed to have complete ball control. Lots of stuff to do, and numerous ramps do other things if you don't hit it all the way. Adds nice depth to it.

For Transformers, however I would suggest switching the flippers from black to white. They are really hard to see considering the dark purple PF area.

1 week later
#3123 10 years ago

How does one get TWO Metallicas? Heh.

But yeah, I would pick NGG over Metallica. The challenge lies in getting that hole-in-one shot. And it's just good bonkers fun.

#3125 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Yeah when I hosted a get together a couple of months back it the NGG got some serious play from all those that attended.

A similar get together had me hooked on NGG, in favor of AC/DC, and just about all the other machines. Mind you, I had a competition going with a few friends to get the highest possible score on the Xbox 360 port.

#3189 10 years ago

I emailed the guy who posted on CL wanting broken pins, quoting him free, and he hasn't written back.

#3215 10 years ago

Is it me, or did a lot of pins just show up on Craigslist? Not too shabby on the prices either. You could build an arcade for the cost of one STLE with dough to spare.

#3240 10 years ago

I think I saw a Baywatch for $1250 local on CL.

4 weeks later
#3465 10 years ago

You have a 3D printer? That's even cooler than any pin. You can make stuff with it.

#3467 10 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Yes PinGraffix does - really cool stuff on the horizon

Here's what you do: you make it make another 3D printer...

But seriously, what's the specs on it? Could it potentially make, say, a replacement controller knob(a much better fitting one) for a ColecoVision? There's a guy on AtariAge who used to sell them(ie you mail in your controller, he mails it back with the aftermarket part), but the part looks so simple it looks 3D-printable.

1 month later
#3762 10 years ago

Screw this weather. I spent more time chipping out snow & ice to get to my garage(I got stuck 6 feet away) than doing anything else today. There's no room left to displace said snow.

And to think my Vector is schedules to come home this weekend. Uh, can I defer to next spring?

2 weeks later
#3867 10 years ago

I got huge tax return back(refi'd my house) which could easily buy me a decent recent DMD machine.

So I did the right thing and booked a vacation.

#3871 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

But the vacation will only last a week or two, the right pin would last a couple of months or longer.

But the vacation memories last a lifetime. I haven't even gotten my Vector home yet(due to snow buildup around here). It has become an annual tradition to take a distant vacation every year. if I didn't, then I would have dough for a game room.

#3873 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I know....I was just having some fun with ya

I know you're havin' fun. I'm looking forward to the arcades there, even though it's probably going to be pinless.

#3876 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Anyone want to come over and play some pins? All 13 are up and running.

I wanna play that MACH 3! Soo rare.

1 month later
#4214 10 years ago

Too much WI talk here, so I'll post a picture of this Vector plastix set I just got in the mail today.

vector-plastix.jpgvector-plastix.jpg

1 week later
#4306 10 years ago
Quoted from tmac:

If your not careful we might annex the Twin Cities Pinball scene into Wisconsin! The Wisconsin Pinball Mafia would love to get that territory

I just knew the Wisconsin Pinball Ego(tm) would grow beyond the state's boundaries. Not even Lloyd could stop that!

2 weeks later
#4418 9 years ago

I know a friend who had pick of the machines for a tournament, and he picked that Orbitor 1. Won the round. I still contend that as being the ever biggest troll move in a tournament to date.

#4442 9 years ago

I went last weekend, and there was a ton of credits on Pokerino. While the gap between the flippers is tiny, don't let it fool you. I drained many a ball between the flipper pairs.

I also got the replay several times on Freddy NOES next to it. Strange lil game.

1 week later
#4516 9 years ago

FP2 - Fire Power2?

1 week later
#4611 9 years ago

I'm convinced there's just 1 HS out there in project form that just goes from house to house to house and never gets finished.

1 month later
#4951 9 years ago

MN Car peeps:

Anyone know a good paint guy? The place I got my paint work done($100 wheel, a great deal!) is no longer in business. Still got some spots here & there to get repainted.

Also, need a good exhaust guy who won't yak at me about catalytic converters. My Spitfire's exhaust is hanging a bit low from mounting a not 100% compatible header + new muffler.

I should also get that seat headrest re-stuffed too...

1 week later
#5041 9 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

Bump...

oh wait this isn't a FS thread..

Are you sleep-selling again? 3am and you're trying to fold down a dang backbox.

#5077 9 years ago

I kinda wanna sell my Vector but I haven't fixed everything up yet. The Big Game is however a keeper. Man is that fun.

#5104 9 years ago

Three weeks until the Minnesota State Fair.

Fun fact about the MN state fair: It's not in Wisconsin.

#5122 9 years ago

Swords of Fury is a great game. Nice diversion from the usual pf layout.

#5164 9 years ago

You can always call. Al might not be the archetype for 'friendly customer service'. But he'll give you a number right away.

He did not give me a number for Firepower II, which was clearly listed on the website. He just kept going on and on and stuff. Again, I ask, why list it for sale when you ain't gonna sell it?

But I digress.

#5175 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Interesting fact, my wife went to the Wisconsin Valley Fair in Wassau, WI this year and said the cheese curds were the worst she's ever had anywhere.

I think have bad pronto pup years sometimes at the MN State Fair.

So far replacing drop targets in my Vector has been a bag of fail. I dropped a screw which disappeared into another dimension.As you know, once you drop a screw, it becomes sentient & looks for the nearest couch to go under, never to be found again. The rest are seized in the DT cage. If only the right ones were seized, I could rotate the cage bottom plate & free 'er up.

And yesterday I refused delivery on a replacement fridge since it had a big 'ol dent on the top back. So this is what buying NIB pins are like.

7 months later
#6752 9 years ago

Any brick & mortar stores around where I can get an 8 amp slo-blow fuse? I have a feeling it's not going to be easy to find. Want to apply the Williams rectifier fix as not to fry things.

#6759 9 years ago

Found 'em at Menards. 3.50 for 2 of 'em? Ouch. But now I think I have the ingredients to rectify(heh) Time Fantasy so it doesn't fry.

#6804 9 years ago

Girlfriend's birthday bash plans: guns, then pinball. All of it was her idea. Heh.

#6819 9 years ago

What's better than your gf into pinball? Your gf into pinball wearing heels you just bought her. Now she wants a pin.

pih.pngpih.png

1 week later
#6881 9 years ago

I never thought I would get 4.5 million on Dungeons & Dragons. My last time I played that was 4k for the whole game. I scored 2+ mil on the first ball. The 3 other players were side-draining quickly. I was somehow able to manage the magic save buttons. Heck, I was once a bit late and it just pinched the ball back in play.

MGC seemed to have an innovative solution for games with no free-play option: set the replay score super-low. Always credits!

4 months later
#7405 8 years ago

There's a KISS at Moose Country in Mendota Heights. However, I had no luck with it. A hollow victory with a 10m replay, but of all the credits I played, I got zero multiballs. Gene's head insisted on STDM drains, so I just shot around him when I could.

#7407 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Is Addams Family still there? I want to update the pinball map.
http://www.pinballmap.com/twincities

Never saw it there. There's just 1 machine. Before that it was a NASCAR, and before that was a Fish Tales.

1 week later
#7448 8 years ago

My girlfriend's working security overnight at the Fair. If only her schedule was a bit more syncro'd, she'd love to play some Fish Tales.

2 months later
#7831 8 years ago
Quoted from Silvercoin:

So whats with the Love/Hate with FT? I have one and play it a alot. Very original game all over...

Girlfriend'so dream game. I like it since it's super fast. Can't afford one so we play on location.

2 months later
#8218 8 years ago

First world problems: My 40th birthday is coming up, and now my dream machine(Barracorra) is on the market. In fact, there's two of them! But I'm broke from buying myself an early birthday present: a Calico M-100.

5 months later
#8713 7 years ago

I visited Up/Down in Uptown. Not a bad place. Plenty of pinball to go around,and priced to 1 credit/game. I was in time for 2-for-1 tokens, so pinball was just dirt cheap to play. A nice change. Last night was super-crowded.

Offhand I saw:
TAF
SP(with color DMD)
Fun House
Ghostbusters
Metallica(with color DMD)

and a handful of others I can't remember. Pinball is in good supply there.

7 months later
#9452 7 years ago

Back to Minnesota: Visited Can Can Wonderland today. Really was a bad time for the change machine to be out. No dollar acceptors on the pins.

Finally got to play Bally's Rapid Fire. Very difficult game with the side tanks.
They have a good mix of EM(most of the pins) & early SS & a few DMD games(TZ, TAF, Maverick). The downside is 50 cents for an EM machine? 1 buck for Centaur? A bit strange. There's also a handful of mechanical arcade games.

Didn't see any operator card on any of the aprons. Their pinball offering could be a bit better with the pricing. A lot better with a working change machine(or 2 change machines).

1 month later
#9629 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Anyone know the MGC attendance total this year? Tent seemed a bit less busy than the previous years.

Crazy levels of crowding at MGC seems to be not so much of an issue. Friday night I was able to have dinner with someone, and there was barely anyone in the bar. Saturday night wasn't crowded either in the bar area. Sometimes hard to get a drink still, but that's a different issue.

I like how the redesigned bar have USB ports &power outlets at each table. They were thinking ahead.

It was around 3-4 years ago the bar area was shoulder-to-shoulder crowded, especially when Ben Heck was singing Pinball Wizard.. Much more chill now. Miss playing arcade games drunk at 3am though. Heh.

1 week later
#9642 7 years ago

Went to Tilt last night. Not bad at all. The machines were in great condition, and at great prices. Got crowded due to the grand opening. Was nice to finally play Embryon for the first time. Meteor was in beautiful condition.

tilt (2) (resized).jpgtilt (2) (resized).jpg

3 months later
#10060 6 years ago

I miss the earlier days of the MN State Fair arcades, when there were 3 of them(Playland, Penny Arcade, & one in the Midway). Well into the 2000s, they had early 80s-era games to play, before it went almost 100% redemption. There was even a huge environmental Galaxy Force(think that was it), that rotated a full 360 that was a hoot to see in action.

1 month later
#10204 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

After 9 long months my customers can get here easier when highway 169 reopens next Wednesday.
http://www.kare11.com/traffic/highway-169-to-reopen-early-after-massive-rebuild/477859618

I have a good friend who lives close to you(like a block away). I swore they did road construction around her house so nobody can visit her.

That was NOT fun. Her and I had fun, but the drive of shame home wasn't.

1 week later
#10269 6 years ago

I'm thinking about getting rid of my Vector. I haven't played it in months. Think I logged much more time repairing & doing minor restoration of it than getting some sort of high score on it. Then I'll have room for another pin. But my Secret Service is staying. heh

#10273 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

How much for the Vector and where are you located? Tried to PM but you seem to have them disabled.

I'm in the twin cities. Give me a minute, and I'll re-enable private messages. I'm thinking around 800 with all the parts put into it.

#10278 6 years ago

Rule about pinball audio: Stern's Star Strek's "wwrerreeee!" end of ball sound can be heard for miles. It pierces through ANYTHING, even at the busiest days of Pinball Expo.

1 week later
#10297 6 years ago

TNA is now at Tilt. Time to go back there again and play it with art!

1 month later
#10527 6 years ago

That's too bad about Can Can Wonderland. Plenty of room for yet another fun pinball hot spot.

4 months later
#11133 5 years ago

Today's craigslist is interesting: A Congo for 1250(great game!) and a Vacation America for the same price. Hmm, tough decision there.

4 weeks later
#11234 5 years ago

There was a cheeseburger-flavored chip flavor a while back. Loved 'em. Wish they weren't so LE.

#11242 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I lost power in the evening yesterday for about an hour and a half.

I'm not too far from you, and didn't get the annual summer power outage. In fact, I didn't get much rain at all last night. Today, different story.

1 month later
#11423 5 years ago

I had some people over Wednesday night.It was nice seeing my machines being used. A few hiccups(stuck ball, etc), but it was fun. Also, there was nudity. and beer. Yeah! Kinda wish I was up to 3 pins, instead of 2 pins + empty Defender cabinet.

2 weeks later
#11478 5 years ago

Dang, nice deal on the 2 free arcade cabs.

3 weeks later
#11648 5 years ago

I enjoyed Deadpool. Was surprised by hearing the classic Williams soundbytes in there. Like the callouts & art package. The ball times are indeed long.

Sadly, the MN State Fair is just down to 1 arcade. "Playland" is gone. Gone are the days of the State Fair having 3 arcades, and having classic arcade games(some from the 70s) lasting well into the 2000s. It was doing retro arcades before they were cool. Now I can't even remember where they used to be.

#11652 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

According to the Minnesota State Fair website it's still there - https://www.mnstatefair.org/vendor/21.1/
Did you mean gone and something else in there ? Or no pinball machines ? Or arcade games ? The picture looks like all redemption equipment.
LTG : )

How the heck did I miss that? I went to the fair Friday & last night, and been there so many times I can navigate it blindfolded. Of course, all redemption machines doesn't make for an arcade.

I miss the days when there was a LOT more space for arcade games, and they were doing retro arcades(some dating back to the 70s) before it was cool.

#11671 5 years ago

Anyone going to that Pixeled Brewing Company place in Fargo when it opens? No pinball, but 60 arcade games. It's only 3.5 hours away from me, so I might do a road trip sometime.

2 months later
#11908 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Looking for a local EM or early SS working game. Any game does not matter just something cheap. If anyone has anything let me know.

You like Vector?

3 weeks later
#11951 5 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

How bout someone buy that frickin overpriced Space Invaders off CL!!

Right after I buy that $10 TV plug & Play pinball thing, and right in front of their doorsteps, hand them the cash and proceed to smash it with a sledgehammer. That thing has been on the ads for what seems like years.

3 months later
#12367 5 years ago

Looks lilke downtown St. Paul is getting another pinball hotspot. And if my memory wasn't so shot, I could name the place. The important thing is that it's in Minnesota.

#12375 5 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I'm confused by this, has there been a plethora of pinball hotspots opening up not in minnesota? my opinion is you have it pretty darn nice there for great operators and location selection. you really have it nice, my lock operators really don't maintain or setup games at all, we are lucky to get code updates or light bulbs not laying on the playfeild.

That's just me being snooty to you WI pinheads.

If I wanted to complain, I could complain all the fun retro arcades are in IL, with the mecca being Galloping Ghost.

#12378 5 years ago

Any local places slated to get BKSOF on the floor? Between that & Munsters, I'm behind on trying out new pins.

1 month later
#12581 4 years ago

I went to St. Paul tap a week ago, and it didn't seem like my credits went far, or they went sideways.

There were two BK:SOFs there. First one wouldn't accept my card, so I used the other one.All the pins seemed to like adding an additional credit(I'm assuming from my card) when I only meant 1 less. So 2 credits intended ends up being 3 credits.

Never had that problem at The Ox Cart, who also have a card system.

#12585 4 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

When you swipe 2x you get 3 credits. Same at the Hudson Tap. Food is great and the machines are really nice at the Hudson Tap as well. Cards purchased can be used at both places.

Ah, okay. I thought I was over-tapping or something. That BK that wasn't accepting credits threw me off. I went with the girlfriend, so I put in 2x and got thrown off a bit.

The Deadpool machine was funny that night: infinite multiball. There was up to 3 balls in the trough.

1 week later
#12597 4 years ago

I'm going to Green Bay tomorrow to pick something up. Any retro arcades I should hit up or the like?

#12599 4 years ago

That's quite a selection of pins there. Wish it was just open for just casual play that day, as the gf and I don't have all day for a tourny.

2 months later
#12836 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Just saw that the last of the snow pile is finally on the way out at MSP.
Winter is finally over! Let us all celebrate with a ceremonial hail storm.
Stay safe out there.

I'm gonna try to hit the auto show today, despite the thunderstorms. But this time, not driving there. Take any other transport method, and skip the hail.

1 week later
#12900 4 years ago

There was a Bad Girls on FB marketplace for $450. Looks like it got swiped up quick. Darn. I wanted that machine. Trashy-looking 80s girls? Sold!

2 weeks later
#12968 4 years ago

Anyone else in the twin cities sells fresh silverballs? I have some people coming over Wednesday, and setting up my just-purchased machine. Pinball Warehouse has odd hours.

Or will a local pinsider sell me a 3-pack?

2 weeks later
#13024 4 years ago

I wanted to play JP at the Fair( on my first visit). The dollar bill acceptor didn't work, and the change machine was out of order. There was just a really long line to get quarters from the quarter lady.

I didn't bother,.

On my 2nd visit to the fair, I didn't bother with visiting the pins. Played Space Invaders Frenzy instead at the other arcade.

A bit disappointed.

#13028 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

You didn't miss out that much. You could barely hit the ramps on the JP @ the fair. The one @ TILT plays great though. dg_amuse put a bunch of spotlights on it as well so it is nice and bright.

And I found out that they have The Big Lebowski in. Time for me to pay another visit.

#13042 4 years ago

Gilfriend and I hit Tilt on Friday night. No luck playing TBL(it wasn't idle for a second), Wonka, or Jurassic Park. All the machines on a Friday night were getting plenty of coin drop. We shall try again on a slow day.

1 month later
#13129 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Grabbed it for $150, ended up booting and working 95%.
I've had the worst year of my life, but finds like this sure make the upward trend i'm on a lot more tolerable. First tron, now caveman.

Things come in threes, so I'm going to be expecting you to get a F-14 Tomcat for $400 or something.

1 month later
#13283 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

I have seen people dump on Al online based on his attitude. I think he's been around and seen enough to no longer really care about a first impression -- it might not be the most customer-centric approach, but I don't take offense to his no BS attitude. It's really cool to get a glance at this part of the history, thanks for posting.

I remember seeing Firepower II listed on his website, and I wanted to buy it. So I went on over there, and asked him about it. He just ranted for some minute about excuses or something to not sell it.

So why even list it on the website then?

Let Aaron take over the business. He's nice. Even gave me a tour of the back area where there's tons of pins.

#13288 4 years ago
Quoted from mnrocketry:

Tilt just posted on Facebook and Instagram that they're switching from tokens to quarters on January 1.
Hope it's not due to folks like me; I have a bunch of their tokens on my dresser at home from when I had to cut my last visit there short. Guess that I had better get back there this month to use them up.

Switching to quarters is a good idea. Having to switch from one currency to another is just another hoop to jump through. More often than not, the token machine in question will always be out of order.

2 months later
#13649 4 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Up Down on a Friday is an absolute shit show, honestly anywhere over there would be. The games are often in pretty rough shape too so you didn't miss much. Mortimer's would have been a little better. Less pins, but they are all maintained well and it's a solid line up, their games are operated by the people at Tilt. Caffetto should be super chill this morning, and the games are always in proper working order.

I still have a bunch of tokens from Up Down, since I never had the opportunity to use them. I remember going there a few years ago on a weekend and every single machine was in use. You would think it was the 1980s all over again.

7 months later
#14804 3 years ago

Dang, Barracora is on my dream machine list.

4 weeks later
#14923 3 years ago

Finally got to try Guns & Roses at the St. Paul Tap. Is the plunger normally that weak? I couldn't get the ball past the drumsticks ramp thing. Also, the right slingshot kept having a muscle spasm. Heh.

1 week later
#15024 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I thought this thread was for B/T/S not for advertising your business...

The K-Pop group?

1 month later
#15392 3 years ago

I saw that ad for a Hardbody for $300 on FB marketplace, but looking at the seller's profile set off too many red flags.

#15422 3 years ago

Some day I will get a No Good Gofers. I went to a retro arcade in Jordan, and was rather saddened they had a NGG there, in really rough shape. I shoulda bought it off of them & fixed er up.

#15476 3 years ago

First world problem: I looked for a Julie pachinko machine, and the first result was here: It was for sale in November of 2019, perfect price(Even had a hit counter) and all the fixings. In Illinois. I totally would have bought that machine.

Still got my Japanese girlie pinup machine from a pinsider for $100. Great addition to the man cave.

7 months later
#16579 2 years ago

2DCon didn't seem enough like Midwest Gaming Classic for me to go. I already hit up Classic Gaming Fest less than a month ago, so I'm good for cons for awhile. 2DCon seemed to pull more from CONvergence(yuck) and not as much from Portland Retrogaming Expo. And I don't do downtown Minneapolis.

1 month later
#16822 2 years ago

Soon I'll be driving to IL near St. Louis, going all the way through Iowa. Is there anything we should hit up for fun on the way there/back? Twin Galaxies doesn't seem to be worth visiting.

2 weeks later
#16891 2 years ago

Going to Cudahy, Wisconsin for a concert Saturday. Any place we should hit on the way back?

8 months later
#17816 1 year ago

Dangit, I missed the swap meet. I always go to Paradise Arcade's meets, and always end up finding something good.

2 months later
#18125 1 year ago

So hey, I may or may not be coming into some cash in the future. If should so, um, perhaps anyone has a No Good Gofers that is cluttering up their space.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider s1500.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread?tu=s1500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.