1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roffels.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1980 10 years ago

Oh, can't wait to play Attack from Mars at Mort's.

Question about the X-Men at Mortimer's: Was Wolverine always cracked up or did that just recently happen?

3 weeks later
#2159 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

We will see. Picking it up tomorrow. Thanks for posting it here. I was on vacation all last week and never found a pin to buy so I didn't look today and then guess what? One that I want appears.

Weird. The ad is still up and he's answering questions about it. I thought about haggling for it, it's not worth $350 to me.

2 weeks later
#2342 10 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Would there be any interest in a Twin Cities home pinball club?

I'd be interested but I don't have enough to host.

#2345 10 years ago

I had a good 25 minute play on Addams Family on Mortimer's last night. And it felt good. Unfortunately I was playing past close and couldn't play my two free credits.

#2350 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

SWEET! You have a crowd watching?

No, it was unceremonious. I'm not sure if I could handle that.

#2371 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I suppose your rite but I've never had other pinheads over and only been to one event the MN Pinball BBQ which was really great. I think the oldest game there was HS2 and some of mine are older then that. But all I can do is try.

Honestly I'd rather play the old Williams classics you have over any newer Stern. Especially here in the cities, with the Sterns being pretty easy to find on route. But maybe that's because I'm new to the hobby and didn't really grow up playing the "classics."

1 week later
#2410 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Pinball Circus Reminder.
Right now there are around ten extra games coming in. There is room for
more. Contact me now if you want to bring in a game to sell or
participate in the Circus.
Coming up this weekend will be the Pinball Circus
http://pinballcircus.com/ on
October 12th & 13th.
LTG : )

LTG, I've been to your place a few times now, but what's the full scoop on the circus? I see games are on freeplay Sunday, so what is the draw for Saturday? Is there food? Tournaments?

#2414 10 years ago

Thanks, LTG.

By the way, I saw LTG on the high scores on Theatre of Magic at Mortimers the other week. Was that you? Had my name in there next to LTG, but we were blown away off the list shortly thereafter.

#2428 10 years ago
Quoted from policano:

I'm bringing TSPP, Junk Yard, and Night Moves to the Circus!

Nice!

How often do you rotate machines?

I saw the Night Moves for sale on craigslist a while back...

#2546 10 years ago

I'd head back to Circus today but I think I'm kaput on pinball for the moment.

Thanks for all the fun LTG, pinsiders, and D&G gaming and crew!

2 weeks later
#2661 10 years ago

I'm only showing this off because I've never been the grand champ (unless the machine is new/had the scores reset) and it felt really good. I have a lot of poor games, but I finally made grand champ on Addams Family at Mortimers in Minneapolis. I know I'll sound like such a dork, but I was literally shaking from my nerves at the end of it. A good game for me is stressful!
addams2.jpgaddams2.jpg

1 week later
#2767 10 years ago

The owners at Rusty Quarters seemed nice enough, but they seemed to have issues with just opening at their posted hours.

I feel bad for the folks that donated. Yikes.

#2785 10 years ago

When they posted about having a $5 charge to come in and play games, I asked if that included pinballs, and they just deleted my post rather than reply. I thought it was kind of tacky.

#2804 10 years ago

I love some classic arcade game action, however the arcade is kind of easy to take for granted when most of these games can be emulated pretty well on most devices - I like the atmosphere of an arcade, but the experience of playing a stand-up doesn't differ that much from just playing the same game on my PC for me. Blasphemy, but I'd rather play with a controller than with a joystick on a lot of these titles, and the novelty of a game like Dig Dug wears out quickly.

I know most of you are pinball collectors, but there's still a lot of appeal for someone like me to go and play pins on location because 1: I'm not in a place to have a collection of tables and 2: virtual pinball/videogames don't really replace playing the real deal. The retro arcade doesn't have the same draw.

#2812 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

http://zap-arcade.com/ This one ? Still there.

Opening late, closing early. Not opening at all. They deleted the Facebook posts, but until they caught them it was littered with 5 of us here sign says 12:00, it's 1:30 where are you ? Even late or missed private parties. Or post sudden closings on Facebook, not everyone reads Facebook before they go there. And fund raisers to keep open and not all that was raised went into the business judging by their craigslist wanted ads.
That isn't trying, or working hard. That is opening the doors and thinking the money rolls in. Probably why their first two businesses there failed too. They were their own worst enemy.
If I'd try like that, or done the same, I'd be long gone.

Yeah. I experienced the late openings and the facebook deleted post. It was a huge turn off. I know I can count on SS Billiards being open if I make the trip at least, and you make your customers feel welcome. It's a big difference.

#2859 10 years ago
Quoted from policano:

That lineup is correct. Also will be adding Phantom of the Opera. The Playfield has wear in areas but we tore it down completely, waxed, cleaned, and LEDd.

I've been wanting to check that one out!

Did Cyclone fall through?

#2899 10 years ago

Wish I could have made it! I need to get over there one of these days.

1 week later
#2986 10 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Stopped by Sun Ray and got to play ID4 for the first time. Played a 2 credit game, and got really great scores. That game must have lasted me 20 whole minutes. A really underrated game. Somehow managed to have complete ball control. Lots of stuff to do, and numerous ramps do other things if you don't hit it all the way. Adds nice depth to it.
For Transformers, however I would suggest switching the flippers from black to white. They are really hard to see considering the dark purple PF area.

ID4 games go on forever! I had to walk away from free credits on that one.

1 month later
#3535 10 years ago

Anyone hear from Policano lately?

#3547 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I talked with him yesterday about a broken flipper on Independence Day. He had surgery recently so he has been out. He is fine and just recovering, so he hasn't been out much.

Good to know, thank you.

1 week later
#3593 10 years ago

If I wasn't picking up an Elvira and the Party Monsters today, I'd be all over that Funhouse.

#3604 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

ALL RIGHT...another EATPM owner in town. Where did ya get it and what kind of shape is it in?

Changed my mind and went with Terminator 3. From Pinball Warehouse. Just had 2nd thoughts.

#3608 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's OK....now we have another T3 owner in town, I have that one too. I put 3 double spots on my T3 and it REALLY made a dif. If you come to my Daytona/Pinball party Feb. 23rd, 11am till ?? you can check out how much better it is for game play.

Thanks for the invite, but I won't be making it this round. You've got quite the collection going, looks like you've picked some Sterns up since I last talked to you (at Pinball Circus).

T3 - I really haven't had much of a chance to play it since the ball lock likes to hold onto the balls. Not sure what to do to get it working, but the Warehouse offers a warranty on it yet thankfully. The lighting on it looks nice though.

2 weeks later
#3748 10 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

I want to trade my WCS94, let me know what you got. Prefer Local, even up or trade down + cash. Can deliver within an hr or two, if needed. Wantlist is current, but will consider any pin. Send PM for quickest reply.
Game is in nice shape. Plays great, I'd call it a very nice players game. Cab is good, PF is clean with very little or no wear, slight insert lifting on a couple, new soccer ball, full CT or eq LEDs in GI/PF. New Cherry DMD, new gold legs, new coin door. Plunger could use a new sleeve on it, but works as is. Extra plastics and manual included, Pics upon request. Quite a few pinsiders have seen/played this game.

Did you have it at Pinball Circus? It played great!

#3761 10 years ago

I walked a mile to play at Mortimer's in this mess. Yikes.

Hang in there LTG! Bundle up Prada.

1 week later
#3833 10 years ago

Sounds good, LTG. I OD'd on pinball last time.

1 week later
#3918 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I'm thinking of buying a pinball dolly, any recommendations?

I've used the Milwaukee 40710S appliance dolly, works well.

#3926 10 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Looks like a Black Pyramid?
Not sure if this is being donated to Steeple People or just spending the night in their parking lot?

IMAG1590.jpg 86 KB

Looks like one that was on Craigslist for $250. Wasn't working, as far as I know. Looked to belong to a church.

#3940 10 years ago

I own a Rollergames, but it's not running at the moment.

#3942 10 years ago

It's a lot of fun. Might be hard for me to part with when it's up and going, but I could see trading it for another System 11 at some point.

#3948 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

same thing here! Looking forward to getting mine running sometime soon. Just needs a full teardown, cleaning, coils rebuilt, and good waxing.
Mine has full mylar and I'd like to pull it but have heard horror stories on this era of all the paint pealing so I will likely leave it as it.

Mine keeps blowing fuses when using the right flippers. I think it's time for some circuit board fixing, but I'm a little intimidated by that. I need to psych myself up before attempting anything.

Quoted from goatdan:

My Rollergames will be with the Roller Derby Gals at the MGC. And no, I'm not kidding

That is AWESOME.

For people who have already purchased their MGC tickets, is there a preferred line to enter? I remember waiting a bit outside last year, but maybe that's unavoidable.

#3953 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

You can get your wristbands Friday night like last year, details on that will be revealed in the not too disntant future.
As for Saturday, we're hoping to find a way to make it really quick. We're still working with exactly how the new temporary structure will work, but we will of course explain whatever we figure out on the site in the next week or two.

Sounds good. MGC is a highlight of the year for me, I'm really looking forward to it.

1 week later
#3997 10 years ago

Nice! Hope to check it out soon.

#4000 10 years ago

I'm afraid to ask, but is TOM still in the main room? Guess I'll find out soon enough.

Looking forward to playing some new games though.

#4002 10 years ago

Ouch, that's really tough. I like X-Men too. Such a great line-up, it's hard to please everyone.

#4005 10 years ago

I couldn't get a game in on Mustang at Mort's last night. It had a mini crowd around it playing it for a few hours

#4009 10 years ago

Anyone bringing a Gottleib Genesis or Superman table to MGC by any chance?

#4010 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Was it like that with Star Trek? A lot of people can relate to the theme so they are curious and that could carry this game for quite some time. Did you overhear what they were saying about? What were the comments?

New tables usually attract a few dedicated folks and have them bogarting a table for a while, especially during the first week. I did not talk or hang around them really, because I'd just as soon play another one of the good tables around.

Star Trek was similar. So was Theater of Magic and WOZ for that matter. I'm not really sure if the Mustang theme will really do all that much in this location. It's a lot of folks in their 20s and 30s spending money on pinball. Not saying they're the only people playing at Mortimers, but I don't think the theme resonates all that much with their demographic. Could be wrong though!

#4013 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'm a courier and am out driving during the day and I see a lot of young people driving Mustangs, both male and female.

In Uptown though?

More of a Prius and a beater car neighborhood. Talking about this specific area. Ah hell, I'm not a car guy, maybe I'm just projecting my own bias.

Looking forward to playing it in any event.

Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I saw a group of young men playing on it for quite some time today. I think once you give it a play it will grab you, it has a feeling of quality about it.

Maybe! There are a lot of tables I enjoy at Mortimers and a few that I never pay much attention to. The joy of having such a great location to play at is that you're never starving for well-maintained and good games.

#4014 10 years ago

I put a few bucks in Mustang.

I think the table fits the theme very well, it has a modern rule set meets late 1970s layout.

The theme isn't really geared well toward me though, it hits on a lot of things that I personally don't like or care about, but that's not really a knock against the game, just my own taste. I've had my fill of Ford commercials, be it at theaters or on television. I really don't care for it on pinball, but hey, I'm not a car guy! And I'm not a fan of the music for similar reasons (used in a lot in commercials and pop culture, sporting events, played to death on Clear Channel radio stations) and I've never really gotten into those really early solid state tables. This table wasn't designed for me though, and that's ok. Diversity is good.

That whirlpool ramp thing was throwing my timing off though.

#4018 10 years ago
Quoted from big_ragu:

Played Mustang this morning at Mortimers. I really like the theme (I'm a Ford guy and a gearhead) and the play was fun. I did NOT like the licensed songs, though. Can't listen to Drag City that long! The generic music during the other modes was fine.
Also stopped at Sun Ray Lanes. Kudos to the operators there, nice to see how attentive you are. I should have introduced myself better- I believe you're a fellow pinsider?

That's Policano, he's a good guy. The op at Mortimer's is also very good, he takes care of his games.

#4023 10 years ago
Quoted from policano:

Hey Guys,
Circus is just around the corner! What do people want me to bring?
Star Trek Pro
Transformers
World Cup Soccer
Sharkey's Shootout
Independence Day
Game Show
South Park
-T

You still have Night Moves? It was neat playing that. That's a good line-up in any case.

#4108 9 years ago

Only had two people reply, Lloyd and one other via private message, looks like it's going to be a no go. I still plan on bringing the LAH, if the vans aren't plowed in still.

Awesome, thanks for bringing LAH! I've been looking forward to playing it.

#4147 9 years ago

If there's an escalara (3 flights of stairs in a tight apartment building) and someone can help transport, I should be game.

#4171 9 years ago

Looking forward to MGC. It's the 4th time I've been, but the first time going as a pinball nerd.

#4234 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

It depends what you want. If you just want to play pins, go to Lloyds. If you want drinks and pins, go to Morts, if you don't mind driving a bit further go to blainebrook as they have pins, food, and beer. Morts doesn't have much parking, lloyds is right off the highway, and blainebrook is further away.

Lloyd's is still a decent drive from Minneapolis proper, as is Blainebrook.

Mort's is my primary hang out just because it's a short walk away, and the machines are kept in great working order. It gets really packed on Friday nights though.

#4264 9 years ago

What did you watch?

#4324 9 years ago

Brought home a pin and now it's sitting in my car, just waiting for me to get it in the apartment and up 3 flights. I don't like letting it sit there.

3 weeks later
#4478 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

So am I the only one around the state who likes WOZ? I was whooping Jim in a game of woz the other day and I really enjoy the game. Jim did not.

You're not, but the WOZ fans at Mortimers get incredibly defensive about it when I say I don't care for it. I never said it is wrong for other people to like it, not sure why they get all upset!

#4481 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

There were WOZ fans at Mortimer's? There were running jokes about drawing WOZ in the tournament. When D&G sold it, everyone that plays in the monthly tournament practically threw a party. I love all pinball, and it's much better than it was in earlier code states, but I am not a big WOZ fan.

I've only met two(passionate) fans. I probably put $7 in it while it was there. Which is only a few more dollars than Mustang.

Maybe I'll catch you at the tournament today, I'm Brian, the last guy to show up at the last one.

#4488 9 years ago

I had a good time at Mort's, these tourneys bring in a good crowd.

#4495 9 years ago

Anyone local have something they'd like to trade for a players condition WCS94? Got to keep it local because I don't have a vehicle for transporting. Hit me up, hoping for a DMD title that's not made by Gottlieb or Sega.

#4502 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You are missing out on lots of great pins if you are limited to DMD and only B/W titles.

Got to go with what you like! I enjoy system 11s, but I don't want a lineup of only them though (It's a small collection, and will probably be shrinking in the near future). If someone were to trade me an Earthshaker or a Funhouse for WCS, I might be tempted to listen. I haven't yet played a DMD Sega or Gottlieb that I've liked, but I haven't excluded Data Easts or Sterns.

So, check my wishlist. And be nice, maybe one day my Genesis will be your Genesis

#4503 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I wish. I would love to get a WCS94 again.

Know anyone selling a Jurassic Park? A really nice Taxi?

Trying to avoid selling, because I don't think I'd get what I want, but hey, you never know. I have Jonobo's old WCS.

#4505 9 years ago

Yeah, Tony's Taxi was pretty great. It's a shame that I didn't get out to Woodbury enough to play it.

#4507 9 years ago

Yeah, I wouldn't mind some trades + or - depending on the title.

Bride of Pinbot even?

#4510 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Just say the word!

Genesis needs a little love before it's ready to trade. But I'm open to whatever. I think part of the fun is not in owning, but playing and moving on. WCS+Genesis for? Hit me up some time.

Quoted from PinballKen:

Is Jonobo related to Jonogo?

Most of the time.

#4513 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I don't have anything to trade on your list.
I actually have nothing to trade at all currently. Been on a mini purchasing spree of mainly project games and need to do some work before even thinking of getting more projects.
I do have cash for a Genesis when the time comes...

No worries. I'm not stuck on the list either. Hit me up if you feel like parting with something at some point, and I'll hit you up if I find myself needing cash more than a Genesis, sound good?

1 week later
#4614 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well if your looking for a LAH I could sell you mine.

Paul, if you're looking to trade some stuff around, and you're interested in World Cup Soccer 94, give me a shout! +/- cash depending on the title.

I can't seem to keep a game in the collection longer than a few months at a time.

#4616 9 years ago

Well I can't help you there!

#4647 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Has anyone made their own translite?

I've created one in Photoshop and had GameonGrafix print it.

#4657 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ah cool. I was curious the resolution/dimensions it needed.

You'll have to measure the dimensions of the translite you're replacing. Resolution should be at least 200DPI, higher is better.

1 week later
#4760 9 years ago

Sounds good, LesManley. I use the app often enough and have updated it a few times. It's pretty great!

#4788 9 years ago

20140622_232632.jpg20140622_232632.jpg20140622_232422_Richtone(HDR).jpg20140622_232422_Richtone(HDR).jpg

I just picked this up yesterday. A work friend knew someone moving and looking to get rid of it. The playfield looks really nice, but it's not booting up, there's a broken drop target, and the backbox lighting isn't lit. Boards look good, so it looks like I get to start from scratch on figuring it out. Still, it cost me nothing!

#4794 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You got a FREE pin?

Yep! The people were moving in a month, and I said that I could give them guidance if they want to sell it, otherwise if they just want it gone, I'd be happy to pick it up.

And yeah Josh, the backglass is really nice. The whole table is in great condition except for the "Not working" part. I found a receipt from the Pinball Warehouse dated back from 1992.

1 month later
#4974 9 years ago

So I'm looking through the listings on the Pinside map for Waukesha/Milwaukee and I see that an awful lot of warnings exist about broken or unplayable machines.
I guess I take it for granted living in Minneapolis where you have D&G working on the machines at Mortimers, Lloyd working at SS Billiards, and all other great owner/operators at Blainebrook, Sun Ray Lanes, Brunswick, etc.
Minneapolis is pretty damn lucky when it comes to pinball. (But not Winter)

Definitely. The tables at Sun Ray and Mort's look beautiful. Before moving out here, I associated pinball with games where it was hard to see the ball - now I know it was just because the ops let the GI burn out. My last trip to the Milwaukee area led me to a bunch of machines which were half working or had a Creature in a dimly lit area with no GI. Disappointing as a whole.

#5004 9 years ago

Rumor has it that Junkyard and a Star Trek premium will be set up at Mortimer's later today.

#5073 9 years ago

Rollergames for $1050, Genesis for $700

I can send photos/details by PM.

Thanks.

2 months later
#5656 9 years ago

Got some play on Walking Dead at Mortimer's. Looks like there's a lot to build off of for future updates. Should be a solid game.

#5660 9 years ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

Hahaha, I wouldn't call 25 minutes away from Lambeau Field the middle of nowhere.

... As a former Wisconsin kid who made that trip from Milwaukee many of times, I respectfully disagree.

1 week later
#5730 9 years ago

That's pretty awesome!

2 weeks later
#5813 9 years ago

Damn. D and G treats us well.

2 weeks later
#5870 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will be driving from Madison to Twin Cities area tomorrow morning very EARLY.
I can offer transport on the way up if anyone needs it. Hit me up ASAP if interested.

Got any c-list pins for sale?

#5873 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

there are quite a few on MSN clist currently. I don't have anything for sale.
MikeS has a nice BTTF
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-back-to-the-future-pinball-machine-madison-wi#post-2055081
He is close enough that he could likely get it to me tonight for transport up on Sat morn.

Thanks, I'd love a BTTF but I don't value it that high. Drive safe!

#5881 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

He could probably talk you into picking it up and bringing it to me
Figured it was worth a try to help out a seller and buyer. I depart at 5am on sat if anyone is trying to pull together a deal to use my transport assistance.

Are you picking anything good up from here?

1 week later
#5946 9 years ago

Lord help me if these are installed at Mort's. Keeping it cash only makes it easier to have a hard cut off.

1 week later
#6007 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

There are a couple of invaders in that row ...Funhouse and BOP on the left and Gilligans on the right.
So I call the left row the "Williams Alpha Numberic row" cough cough and the one on the right is the "Bally black top row" more coughs

rd.

It's... beautiful. I love that era of games.

#6010 9 years ago

Picked up the table I've been looking for since getting into this hobby this past Thursday. Happy to finally have a Taxi!

Taxi-pin.jpgTaxi-pin.jpg
#6012 9 years ago

Woops. I guess I worded that poorly.

#6016 9 years ago

Rotordave, did you end up bringing the hearse back with you?

Curious at how much it set you back to ship those pins back home. Funny world where it's probably easier to pick up those games in a hearse here in the US than it is to wait for them to pop up near you.

#6017 9 years ago

I feel the same way about this.

WP_20141209_19_07_19_Pro.jpg 213 KB

Congrats! Before I was a pinball geek, I swear I saw one of these at MGC back in 2011 or so for like $1200 or $1400. If only I could have seen the future...

1 week later
#6060 9 years ago

That's my old RG. Sold it for 975 in September, bought it for 1050 if that helps anyone. You can blame me for the pink LEDs.

Thought about buying one of his tables, but the MAKE ME AN OFFER!!! nature of his ads made me not even want to bother. Not my style.

#6064 9 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

He said he bought it from Al 4 years ago for 1900, so maybe it isn't your old RG?

Maybe not? Is the seller named James? Was he selling a laser war and lethal weapon too in the past month? Bought mine from Al in January for 1050. I sold with the Pinball Warehouse card still in it.

Pinballnut was asking me about my old Rollergames, so I figured it was the same one.

#6070 9 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Oh yeah, James was his name. Can't even spell in his emails either. Bad sign right there IMO. You really bought it from Al for that cheap?

Technically Aaron. It was sitting on the sales-room floor probably longer than they liked and it was sold "As Is" without warranty or getting the last check through. Al didn't sound too happy with that price, but my folks and I were buying two other pins as well at the time. They had it on the floor for $1400.

Rebuilt the two right flippers, replaced the VUK armature, put a cliffy over the crack on the "Wall" ramp, patched the broken plastic housing over the shooter lane the best I could, and flooded the thing with purple and pink LEDs. I thought it was fitting for the game. I'd love to have a diamond-plate example of the game back when I have more funds and more space. It's a fun game with some wicked orbits.

#6072 9 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Sounds like you got a fair deal. It's a fun game. Hope to have one some day. Ever get the sound working on Mystic?

Unfortunately not. I replaced one of the RAM chips, I will try replacing the ROM as well.

The solenoid/pop bumper issue is more involved than I had hoped - I think there may be an issue with a transistor on the board, because the new coil started burning. I took a break from it but will bring fresh eyes back to it this weekend.

#6089 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

It sure was the same one. That guy had so many stories. He was weird. Nice, but weird. He strung me along for two weeks. He put the ad up twice while we were talking. I was offering his price the whole time. Then the line went silent. A couple days later he called asked if I wanted it still. I found the situation weird so I offered $100 less. He took it.
I now have the Rollergames. What a under rated game. This is so fun. Fast like my t3
Ro-Ro-ro- Rollergames!

I don't really understand why someone would lie about it. What's the value in telling made up stories and stringing people along, especially in a hobby so small where word gets around? Like if he had it for the past 4 years, how on earth did you see it in my apartment 6 or 7 months back? Weirdness all around. It shouldn't bother me, not my business, etc, but man, lies bug the heck out of me!

Glad you got it. I love the hell out of that game, it lasted the longest in my "collection", if you can even call it that.

Is it going on location?

1 week later
#6135 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Nice! Glad you could come out for the monthly pinball party and we could multitask. Maybe I should start offering a rom burning service during the events since it worked out so well.
Sincerely,
Your Hero

Printing signs, running tournaments, burning roms, what can't you do?

#6170 9 years ago

If the coil is burning up, wouldn't there be something going on funny with a circuit board? I've got a Mystic that's burning up coils on a pop bumper. I figure it's a transistor but I haven't dug into it yet.

#6184 9 years ago

What pinball game was given away?

1 week later
#6250 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks, The TWE party was a blast and I can't wait for this one.

They're pretty great.

#6305 9 years ago

Who got the Time Fantasy off of Craigslist? Would have loved that one, congrats on the grab

#6308 9 years ago

Looked rough though.

No no, in the description it said "Excellent condition!!!"

Definitely had some wear, couldn't see what was going on with the upper playfield. It doesn't come around much though, price seemed fair if it was functioning and the boards/displays were fine.

I liked the rubbers closing off the outlanes.

1 week later
#6358 9 years ago

Who is this and where is he located? This all sounds pretty horrible.

1 month later
#6513 9 years ago

I'm sorry to hear that John. I've really enjoyed the past release parties, you guys really make them special.

I wouldn't blame D&G if he backed out on the LE. What a mess.

#6550 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Does John live at Mort's?

He does. I am trying to help out in a limited capacity (taking care of stuck balls or things that have come loose) but he still makes a lot of trips.

#6602 9 years ago

First a news article, then a news bit. What next Lloyd, your own reality TV show?

1 week later
#6653 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I have one, but I am not ready to sell. I only know of a couple others. Al at Pinball Warehouse has one, but he wants like $2,200 for it. John Ross of Pinball Plus has one on route at Level Up Games in South St. Paul. Maybe he would sell it?

I thought Al was only looking for 1600 or 1800. It looked fairly reasonable in price last time I was there.

#6678 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No the scratch off's ya get at the gas station, you can win big money with those.

Or you can waste a lot of money on them too.

#6724 9 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

I'm looking for a Champion Pub or FishTales localish, if you know of one, please let me know. Thanks!

See aforementioned Bemidji craigslist listing. He has a CP and a Fishtales. Both look like fair prices.

#6813 8 years ago

Any games for sale at the Circus?

2 weeks later
#6937 8 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

So did anyone here nab the $150 Laser Cue in Edina on CL today?

I debated calling. Great price, looked fine enough from the photos. But... I really don't need a 5th game right now.

4 weeks later
#7043 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Yeah, that's 11 pins over two locations within 2 weeks.

What was the other place?

#7046 8 years ago

Oh. That's too bad. There was a pretty nice line-up at Brunswick. Never made it out by Deleo but it's still sad seeing these places struggle or close.

1 month later
#7169 8 years ago

Awesome! JTJ and BFG look like proper rockstars.

3 weeks later
#7263 8 years ago

It was a light turnout tonight, maybe 8 people?

Nomad hasn't picked up the attention like Mortimer's monthly tournament has. Still fun though.

3 weeks later
#7372 8 years ago

Pinportal is good stuff. It's fun to track your personal scores on machines and personal bests as well.

3 weeks later
#7456 8 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Long as we're on the subject, can my seventeen year old son join me at Mortimer's? Or is it 21+ only?
Thanks

21+ only

#7464 8 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Now if only he would move TOTAN across the street!

TOTAN may be moving soon, but I don't know where. Rumor has it Theatre of Magic is coming back to Morts.

#7528 8 years ago

Excellent - thanks again to everyone.
Google shows Ian's right around a half mile from the hotel we'll be staying in.
And yeah - hard to get Pooley's even closer to the highway. Might try to swing that as well.

Pretty sure the games at Ian's are tall matt's games.

#7533 8 years ago
Quoted from policano:

Thanks for stoping out! What machine besides TOTAN was not working properly? We are working on TOTAN still.

That left ramp on TOTAN is wicked, ball kept hopping out the exit into the outlane. Grrrr.

2 weeks later
#7599 8 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Anyone know where the WH20 went from Gringo's?
I want that damned game

I don't think it has a home yet, if you have something you'd want to trade, I can pass the message along to the op.

#7603 8 years ago

Spoke to John, find him a tspp and maybe he'll trade his Whitewater.

#7611 8 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Asked him if he would just outright sell.

He won't. He's interested in trading for Simpsons or the Williams Indiana Jones.

Yeah, definitely. We both thought you wouldn't be interested. He may add cash on top depending on condition and all that.

#7612 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

John doesn't like selling his games. He has turned down big money for games before that were not worth as much as he was offered.

He thinks you and I are going to fight to the death for his X-Men.

1 month later
#7791 8 years ago

LesManley,
Did KISS get sold? Was it a poor earner at Mortimers?
Have you had a chance to play more games on Game of Thrones?

It's not sold yet but not on location.

Mortimer's is a tough location to determine what a poor earner is. Any new Stern is going up against an incredibly solid line-up of classic Bally Williams titles which a lot of people play.

#7844 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It's there and has a code update for the reset issue. Should be fine now.

I think there's been evidence of resets. Things like the "replay" score aren't at what D and G set it at. (As of 1AM Saturday, anyways)

It did not reset on me though.

2 weeks later
#7891 8 years ago

That's awesome that you and your team are expanding pinball in Madison. Cool town made better with pinball.

#7918 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just bought a Batman Forever from Pinballnut3, great condition too. Very happy.

Didn't think he'd part with that.

2 weeks later
#8046 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Game of Thrones LE is in and will be playable at Mortimer's tomorrow if you are local and want to check it out.

12316365_10206694260148115_1600800945638507827_n.jpg

Christmas comes early at Mortimers.

#8048 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Does it stay out on route a while? Or is it just there for a bit so everyone can check out the LE. Either way it's really cool to do.
Most will never have the chance to play the LE.

If it earns well, yes. If it doesn't, no.

#8050 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It is a permanent edition. This op routes LEs. It will stay as long as it earns as was said, then he will move it to another location or pull it off route. He hardly ever sells his games anymore.

I think the notable exceptions are WWE and Mustang.

#8066 8 years ago

Head out to Mortimers in Minneapolis and play Game Of Thrones LE everyone! Normally there are lines to play the newest game but I don't think everyone realizes it's different.

#8070 8 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Just saw this pop up on CL..."Vintage" Terminator game, $400 OBO...I'm assuming this is a T2, but didn't contact
There is no way I could get up to Grand Rapids before the holidays, so I figured I would post here to let others know...
duluth.craigslist.org link

I sent my buddy after this. She said she'd hold it for him. It's LAH. Looked pretty beat but at the price, I wouldn't complain.

#8092 8 years ago

minneapolis.craigslist.org link
Anyone looking into this?

Go get it!

2 weeks later
#8163 8 years ago

Hell yes! It's always Christmas at Mortimers.

1 month later
#8291 8 years ago

Local news coverage of pinball tournament in St. Paul, MN.
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/02/13/flippers-fly-at-minnesota-competitive-pinball-championship/
Ben has a sweet shirt!
ben-granger-worlds-okayest-pinballer_(resized).png
There's WI coverage too: http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/State-Pinball-contest-to-be-held-in-Madison-368680161.html
"Believe it or not... there's some skill involved."

I was caught on camera twice. I didn't even realize I was being filmed. About time we're recognized for our athleticism in the sport of pinball.

1 month later
#8487 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

D&G is having the Official Launch Party to celebrate the Pro version of the game and they are bringing in some star power to help celebrate the occasion. Ernie Hudson, star of Ghostbusters, Congo, The Crow and the TV series OZ has graciously agreed to be on hand for the event. Ernie lent his voice for custom callouts in the new Ghostbusters game and he is no stranger to John Trudeau games, having also appeared in his Congo pin back in 1995. Stay tuned for more details to come on this! g

This is truly something special. In between managing the tournament, can I count on you to get a photo of me with Hudson?

#8494 7 years ago

Hit me up on facebook if you need any help setting things up - Brian here if you haven't figured. I offered to BFG as well. I imagine this may need a little more prep than your already awesome launch parties. I'll clear the day.

#8496 7 years ago

I really like that photo everytime I see it, Lloyd. Great that it's getting more exposure.

#8516 7 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I am extremely impressed at the effort for this launch party. I am considering plane tickets to see it myself.

It would be great to see you out here. I was just talking to the organizers the other day about how this reminded me of your epic party.

#8521 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I so wanted to go to that Epic Party too. If you can make it Jared, we would love to have you!
Neo, you should make the trip and bring Stay Puft and some other sconnies with you.

Yeah, I wanted to also. Just the concept of Vanilla Ice and the Turtles dancing sounded so amazingly absurd and memorable.

#8532 7 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Ok guys, I just checked it all out and it looks like I will be able to make it up for the event. Epic! I would arrive at MSP around 9:30pm Friday Night. Any locals willing to pick me up and show me around? Lemme know, I need to get all the travel arrangements booked. Thanks guys.

I'm without a vehicle but if you're desperate, I can show you the magic of public transit

2 weeks later
#8591 7 years ago

Had a fun time! Didn't put any time in on the pinball games but it was good all the same. Got to hang out with friends and take in the atmosphere.

#8594 7 years ago

You forgot the part where you were afraid to enter the tourney.

There was no tournament, only Zuul.

#8604 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The official WI Ghostbusters Launch Party is this next Saturday @Alt Brew in Madison. Check http://www.madisonpinball.com fof full details.
We wont have Ernie. We wont have Ecto1. We wont have cosplay (well, some might I guess). We wont have Jared (he is welcome but this is not the sort of thing that people fly in for).
We will have beer (it is craft beer week) and we will still have a good time! A bit more low key for a launch but sure to still be a great way to spend a Saturday. Official trophy, a few translites, and a BUNCH of Stern swag showed up yesterday.
The launch party also provides an opportuntiy for in person registration for Mad Rollin' Pinball, the largest annual charity pinball event in the region (sells out every year even through we make it bigger and better each year).

Ha, no shame in any of that. I LOVE LOVE LOVE what went down in Minneapolis this past weekend, but it was less a pinball launch party and more a gathering of people. Most of the people I talked to barely played any pinball at our party, so no shame in having a smaller gathering celebrating a new game and playing pinball. I'll have to make it to one of your events.

1 month later
#8708 7 years ago

Anyone here interested in a Bally Mystic project? $600 takes it. Sound doesn't work, and it has a locked on pop bumper coil. Playfield overall is good with some wear in the orbit and by the captive ball. Backglass is beautiful. Cabinet is solid with wear by the flipper buttons.

Edit - got to do some tech support on this

9 months later
#9643 6 years ago

It's more or less Mort's without the barflies. Absolutely amazing.

It was nice showing up to play pinball before noon and not feeling like I was intruding on the bar regulars. Day-time pinball playing at Morts was always really weird.

#9650 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I agree. Games look in great shape, but those GI's in STTNG are ....horrible....

They look better in person, John at D&G does his lighting well.

#9665 6 years ago
Quoted from DG_Amuse:

What is that?! Not mine. The extent of my mods:

I love the lasers on the cannons. I grandchamped on yours last week, felt good to be in the pinball zone again.

6 months later
#10351 6 years ago

I've been mugged at Cafettos in Minneapolis.

20171103_201418 (resized).jpg20171103_201418 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#10410 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Wow! 'twas UP/DOWN that set the tone with quarter pins! I would never have guessed!
UP/DOWN is less my jam, but I'm grateful it's there. I do stop there - just less often than I stop at Tilt.
I still assume John Galvin is a serious pinhead. Anyone who would have a lineup like he has on the west wall of Tilt has got to be someone who strives to be a dreammaker, not simply an earner. If I ever met the dude, I would be incredibly effusive.

John is kind of crazy about pinball. He told me it's his dream to have the top 50 solid state titles at once. He's probably not far from it.

8 months later
#11427 5 years ago

The "Green Room"? Where is that?

It's an industry term for where guests hang out before performances - like VIP or performers only.

3 weeks later
#11549 5 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Probably will just take Lyft everywhere. Once I get into the city, I'm more or less in all day meetings in the same place... When I'm not playing pinball

There's a bus stop not far from S.S. Billiards that goes straight to the cities. Thank goodness too - I walked there a few weeks back from downtown Minneapolis area, and didn't have it in me to walk back.

1 week later
#11638 5 years ago

Deadpool is up for play at Cafettos in Minneapolis.

#11641 5 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

So what are people's thoughts? Better than iron maiden?

Long ball times. I think I saw all the code has on my 3rd game.

1 year later
#13322 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

on the flip side... what about when you competitors start offering tokens that also work in your mechs?

Lots of apartments nearby using the same size laundry tokens. I've got some Tilt tokens from our laundry coin dispenser, wouldn't be surprised if they got some of ours.

4 months later
#13962 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I have trouble wrapping my head around why I can't have say 10 people in here at a time, with precautions in place. When wallyworld and places can have hundreds or people shopping ?

Is this an invitation for a conversation, or more a statement that you don't agree with the logic?

7 months later
#15333 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

I’ll be in Ames, IA and back up today if anyone is looking to deal a bally/WMS/midway 88-98 DMD game.
Pm me for my cell.

Got anything good coming? I enjoy living vicariously through other people's successes.

1 week later
#15396 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

It being a Hardbody didn't set any off?

It's a fun layout!

2 weeks later
#15552 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Northeast Minneapolis was booming with fireworks, I love it. Happy New Year to all of you maniacs in Wisconsin and Minnesota!

I was playing "gunshots or fireworks" last night. Most sounded like fireworks. 1 event sounded like gunshots. Not a fan of this game.

1 month later
#15748 3 years ago
Quoted from jimmytransistor:

I'm getting pretty tired of pinball.
I'm looking for advice on where to find busted old carnival rides. Bonus points if the ads get refreshed once a day for a decade (I want to make sure there are truly zero other interested parties so that I can really drive a hard bargain).
Thanks in advance.

I haven't checked craigslist in years and I know exactly who you're talking about.

2 months later
#16046 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Headed down to St. Louis Sat/Sun 4/10-4/11. Can haul games up and down.
Can bring these games down for delivery (or any others listed or on hand). PM for details.
Jurassic Park the Lost World
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Zacc Time Machine

Wish the timing was different, I've got an Indy 500 at my parents place out of state that I'm hoping to sell or trade toward a Dracula.

1 month later
#16151 2 years ago
Quoted from feelin_crumby:

What are some favorite spots for location play in WI, MN, IL? We have some decent options in Madison, but I'm itching to do some exploring post-pandemic. Went to District 82 (De Pere, WI) a few weeks ago, which was pretty fantastic. I'm a little too new to this obsession to know people with crazy pinball pirate basements.

I haven't played on location in a long while, but around here, Blainbrook Bowl in Blaine, Tilt in Minneapolis, and SS Billiards in Hopkins are good spots to play.

#16154 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I’d say those three are the big three in town. Caffetto Café is another good one. Pins in the basement. Maybe 10 or so. Not sure if it’s up and running tho. Haven’t checked in since COVID. I used to get coffee and play pins before work pre-COVID. I would be the only one playing. Would just turn on the pins I wanted to play.

BFG will have to chime in, last time I was there they had a Fun House and Dark Knight set-up upstairs, and the basement was closed off.

It was one of my favorite spots pre-pandemic just because it was chill and close to me.

1 week later
#16239 2 years ago

That story gives me shivers, LTG.

3 months later
#16777 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I traded 5 pins and 2 sit down drivers for a DeLorean , so pinball and cars can go hand in hand.

Can you share a photo?

#16817 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's right I have a 70 Mustang and a Mustang Pro. LOL

Not a car guy, but I enjoy living vicariously through others and seeing the DeLorean. No disrespect, I have no love (or hate) for the Mustang.

1 week later
#16846 2 years ago

Anyone local have an alpha numeric or lesser DMD to trade for an Earthshaker? Decent playfield, new ramps and plastics, rough cabinet.

2 weeks later
#16982 2 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

Question for the MN/WI/Midwest pinheads.. Who do you go to for parts? I'd like to rebuild the flippers and replace the shooter assembly on this Gilligan's and the market has changed greatly since I was last paying attention 5 yrs ago.
Thanks!

Pinball life seems to have better prices than Marcos, I generally use those 2 companies still.

1 month later
#17185 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Where does a guy find Topo Chico sparkling water these days in the cities? Used to buy it at Byerlys and they don’t have it anymore. Arghhh

There have been supply chain issues, we've had trouble getting it in at our stores.

Source: I do purchasing for a grocery chain.

4 months later
#17654 1 year ago

Random memory - Circa 2005 or 2006, some pinball enthusiasts had some pinball machines set up at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee's student union. This was before I was in the hobby, but it was a good excuse for my buddy and I to skip our business law class and play pinball. If any of the folks in here were responsible for those games, thank you!

3 months later
#17931 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

No idea how that affects all of you. Their customers maybe. Probably hurt Caffetto.
I was expecting something bigger than that for their announcement.

From the first day, Tilt felt like they had already outgrown their space. It's been a minute since I've stepped inside Lyles, but it seemed like they had a lot of room. It should be more comfortable to navigate when it's busy.

#17957 1 year ago

Looking forward to the new spot, should be great.

1 week later
#18018 1 year ago

Ghosted?
I just had an odd pin-buying experience. I'm hoping someone can explain what happened.
At 4:30 today, I happened to notice a very fresh ad on CL for a MET PRO. I immediately called. Lucky me, I was the first to call! The seller is Ben in Lakeville. Know him? He said this MET was his last of more than a dozen pins he was selling as he was getting out of the hobby. He said he'd already sold a few to John Galvin of Tilt. I said I would hustle to the bank to get his full ask. He said, great. He said I could come after he got home - which he thought would be 5:30. I told him I would hustle to the bank, then drive to him in Lakeville, inspect the game, give him a deposit, then return with transport whenever it was convenient for him. He said that would be fine and that Saturday afternoon for pickup would work. I hung up and raced off towards the bank. On my way there, I texted him to ask for his address. Crickets. I arrived at the bank with minutes to spare, but I got the cash. From my car in the bank parking lot, I texted him to say I'd been to the bank and had cash in hand. No reply, so I called. Voicemail. I left a message, again asking him for his address. When I got home, I called again, this time with a different line. He answered, but the instant I introduced myself, the line went dead. This was ominous. Had he hung up? Why would he do that? Had another prospective buyer called after me and offered more money? His ad didn't say "OBO." Or had it? He told me when we first spoke that he honors the order of responses. He said I was the first to respond and he would wait for me to come down that evening. This is bizarre. If he *had* got richer offers, why wouldn't he contact me and tell me that? Why not just man up and say, I have bigger offers on the table, so I have to depart from my usual selling code where I honor the order of responses, etc? It would have been shabby, but he could have given me a chance to match/beat his offers. Why just ghost me like that?

I've heard you have a reputation when inspecting games and some folks just don't want to invest the time. I'm not even deep in the pinball buying scene but stories have a way of spreading.

1 month later
#18131 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Maybe everyone already knows this, but I was at Up/Down tonight and maybe half their pins (at best) we’re working. Pretty disappointing, but just a heads up for anyone considering going over there. I hadn’t been there for a while.

Went in there for the first time a few months back and was surprised to see all the misaligned flippers.

#18133 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

New arcade/pinball/bar/thingy opened up in Eau Claire this weekend...'The Reboot Social'. I checked it out yesterday, pretty great!
https://therebootsocial.com/
They currently have 14 pins
-Rush pro
-Avengers pro
-Mando pro
-Star Wars pro
-Godzilla pro
-Medieval madness
-Afm
-Kiss
-Rick and Morty
-X-men pro
-Adam’s family
-South Park
-Space jam
-ST pro

I got a little sneak preview of the venue a couple weeks back, cool place, and sounds like the owners want to make it a great place for pinball players.

2 months later
#18455 1 year ago

I imagine between Tilt getting flooded over the weekend and their work on Litt, they've got their hands full. Sounds like no games got damaged at least!

#18488 1 year ago
Quoted from LesManley:

For Twin Cities folk, as of this afternoon Bond will be at; Tilt, Falling Knife, St. Paul Tap and Oakdale Burrow with a few more to come soon.

Caffetto in Minneapolis too.

3 months later
#18851 1 year ago

Is there anyone here in Minneapolis/St. Paul that could help weld a Judge Dredd wireform? The wireforms detached from the metal leading into inlane and I get some nasty ball hops and cheap drains. I'm happy to pay for your time.

#18857 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I could weld it up.

Thank you, that's really kind of you. I'm going to see if anything local works out, someone else here was kind enough to offer to check in with a person they work with. I don't have a car, otherwise I'd be on my way to Prescott already!

#18860 1 year ago
Quoted from EJS:

I have to be in Minneapolis tomorrow I could pick up. I see JohnTTwo not as often as I should so it would be a good excuse to see him again soon.

Thank you! That would be great, I just sent you a PM.

#18878 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Every game goes in and out and they are all right for me...and you.

One of these days you'll have something I can trade Drac for.

1 month later
#19227 11 months ago
Quoted from Vitty:

BSD is a great game!

I'd have a hard time giving mine up. I used to not believe in having keepers, until BSD.

2 weeks later
#19369 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Another good one was when a local op went bat sh*t drunk crazy one night of Facebook. He had three different threads going on the Minnesota pinball page. Craziest assortment of lies and BS I'd ever seen. He was pretty good at twisting something and blowing it out of proportion. And threats, that was a nice touch.

That one was interesting. I'm not even sure I caught him coming at you, but he definitely was harassing a buddy of mine.

#19371 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

He was. I saved them. Remind me sometime when you come in and I'll let you read them if you like.

Oh I believe you, there was just so much craziness to go around to keep track of it all.

#19387 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Incidentally the person that wasn't happy with me on Reddit was running the tournaments at this location, which I referenced in my post.

It's been a minute since I've been part of that scene, but generally the tournament directors at Morts were doing it out of love and not making money off it.

#19402 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Still no reason to bad mouth a competitor.

They're not a competitor, they don't work for the operator or location. They're a tournament director.

#19405 10 months ago

I guess we can surmise LTG doesn't stand for Let iT Go? Especially if this reddit post happened 6 years ago and you're going to insinuate folks are going to get murdered going to Mortimers? C'mon. I love SS Billiards and glad you're part of the community, but this isn't it.

4 weeks later
#19544 9 months ago
Quoted from WildRover:

NICE - Do they have a game list somewhere just for their pins?

The pins are outside of starcade, coin drop.

From memory they have:
Godzilla Premium
Godfather
Foo Fighters LE
Ultraman
Cactus Canyon remake
Judge Dredd
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Elvira House of Horrors
Ghostbusters
Demolition Man
Pinball Magic
No Fear
Black Knight
Black Knight 2000
Swords of Fury
Lord of the Rings
Bad Cats
Whirlwind
Fish Tales

I'm forgetting a couple.

5 months later
#20331 3 months ago
Quoted from skink91:

Actually… I would venture a guess I’m not the only one in here that really would like to hear about it. Stereotyping and fear-mongering are one thing, but first-hand experiences with locations and people are an entirely different thing. At least for me they are.

I live in the city. I live by one of the hotspots for gunshots in Minneapolis, and it sucks. 2020-2022 was especially bad. It's been quieter this year than last, but still not good being near it. You never know when you're going to get caught in a bad situation. I don't ever feel like I've been targeted, but when there's gang conflicts and drive by shootings, they really don't care who gets hurt along the way. Between that, and the joyrider/car thefts where at least two cars hit my apartment building, it's been... interesting. That said, I walk all over the city, and I'm comfortable doing so. I'm most worried about inattentive drivers when I'm trying to cross a street than I am about crime.

That said, there's a lot I love here. The music scene. The pinball scene. The people. And sometimes, you can't talk openly about your experiences because folks just think you're fear-mongering. A lot of this crap is street by street.

2 weeks later
#20419 3 months ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

No, you don't. You could move out TAXI tho and.bring in a Police Force, just for a change. Have a great Xmas Lloyd

No love for the Taxi? It's one of my favorites, thanks to SS Billiards.

1 month later
#20558 51 days ago

LTG, give my thanks to whomever had the Taxi on loan. It became one of my favorite games, along with Space Shuttle, because of your place.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roffels.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread?tu=roffels and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.