1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ribs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16898 2 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Speaking of Pinball Map and locations: we got four games back on route. St. Paul's Bark and the Bite -- a small BBQ restaurant with great brisket, hush puppies, and a full bar.
Their soft open is slated for tomorrow and their hours are currently pretty limited to start. Pop in and show them that more games would be a welcome addition to their establishment!
Right now the four games are Theatre of Magic, AFM, TWD Pro and Star Trek Pro. We will rotate games in and out of there as time goes on.
All games are $.50/play. Wash your hands after grubbing out and drop some quarters! If you notice anything broken don't hesitate to PM me.

I've stopped by a couple times since I saw this and really enjoyed my time. Super solid 4 pin lineup in a nice spacey lowkey area. Plenty of space and seating options around the pinball that's in its own space away from the bar seating and food seating area. GF and I have been pretty careful covid-wise when going out and it checks a lot of our boxes. Hasn't been super busy and it's in a big space which isn't always easy to find in St. Paul, and there is a back entrance/small patio connected to the pinball which is an added plus. The ribs have been my favorite thing so far. Recommended. Thanks for sharing!

3 weeks later
#17090 2 years ago

LesManley I live near Lowertown and saw some table updates at Ox Cart. What's the status over there? I wasn't even sure if they were still open. There's nothing else pinball wise in the area.

2 weeks later
#17141 2 years ago

Crossed the river and went over to Arbeiter brewing to play Sopranos and LOTR for the first time. Really enjoyed Sopranos. The Bada Bing loop around the stripper pole and back to the flipper felt really good to shoot, might be one of my favorite shots. I liked locking the balls in the boat. Everything about it was fun. Maybe a bit too easy and could use more main cast call outs. Love the music and call outs on LOTR, but was kind of underwhelmed otherwise. Lots of ball stoppage that made it feel slow. I can see why ppl say it makes a good home pin. Everything felt packed in on the right and the whole left of the playfield including the raised portion just felt sort of flat and dull. The theme is so strong though. If it were to ever be vaulted the art would need some updates for sure. It screamed early 2000s lol. I'll be going back. They seem like good people that I'm happy to support. I brought a crazy double IPA 9% crowler home with me to have during the Wolves game tonight wooo!

8 months later
#17924 1 year ago

Big Tilt announcement coming Saturday? I'm crossing my fingers for a St. Paul location...

WE HAVE A VERY IMPORTANT NEWS TO SHARE
Keep your eyes on our social feeds Saturday for more information.
This affects all of you.
This is a big deal.
This will impact pinball in the Twin Cities as you all know it.
This is not news about a new game.
This post is super vague.

#17956 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

As opposed to the suburbs. Drive, parking, crime, safety, are all deterrents for me. YMMV of course

Your loss.

Liquor Lyles space is right off of 94 on HennePIN so it should be easier to get to by driving or transit. I'm excited.

4 months later
#18456 1 year ago

Tilt was back up and rocking Sunday, but no sign of Bond. Oakdale Burrow had a Bond incoming sign up and a new space open (stern potc gone) when I was there early last week. Keeping an eye on St. Paul Tap too but haven’t been in a bit.

1 month later
#18589 1 year ago

Just saw the Tilt FB post about how they are getting a Bond 60th for all to play.

2 months later
#18865 1 year ago

Sucks for Tilt (now Tlt?) with all the name stuff. That must be infuriating.

#18868 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan_Halen:

Yeah, it’s seemingly pretty aggressive litigation or something. Is it Tilt Amusements that’s suing?

I don't know, but whoever is doing it is not a friend of pinball. They are seriously screwing with their business for seemingly no reason. I assume there is some personal beef or petty jealousy behind it.

1 month later
#19238 11 months ago

I don't recall the ones at Litt having legs. I assumed they were attached to the wall or clamped to the machine somehow.

2 weeks later
#19382 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

I would have pointed out that at least people leaving my location don't have to worry about being shot.

Oh come on, there are no locations like this in MN.

#19390 11 months ago

I don't think it makes sense to use a 2am bar-close shooting that stemmed from an earlier altercation to generalize a location's safety for the sake of an insult to some mild criticism. Do you have any personal experience with the location or are you the same as the dude talking out of his ass about your place?

2 weeks later
#19503 10 months ago

Local video game site Minnmax had a 3-minute community documentary thing and the first doc was on Brian Schmidt and composing the Black Knight 2000 music. Pretty fun, some Steve Ritchie and Ed Boon tidbits and I didn’t know about the Yes influence (makes total sense) or that he also did the OG Xbox startup sound, thought y’all would enjoy.

https://youtube.com/watch?t=04m19s&v=Jz41AEMw3sU&feature=youtu.be

2 weeks later
#19551 10 months ago

I biked up to Keg and Case yesterday. You won’t find a nicer space to play pinball in. Beer from Clutch could be better, and a couple other food options would be nice. Really can’t complain though, what a fun opportunity for pinball to have such a seemingly primo spot. Machines are setup in the middle of the main public area and there’s lots to space to hang and chill. Hoping this is the beginning of better days for the market. There’s lots of potential. I’ll be going back.

4 months later
#20106 6 months ago

New Litt location is great! Way more booths and places to chill than I was expecting. I didn't know there was a secret bank of games in the back near the bathroom until I went. I appreciate the affordable food options, I think a burger was $10 (1 patty, smoked onions, bacon, gruyere) when a lot of places are getting closer to $20 for standard bar fare. Same for the nachos we had. Love the nice water fill up station. Tons of space at the bar to order. Bring extra quarters, a lot of games are .75 now, which is understandable. I also felt most of the machines were a bit quiet but I figure it takes a while to find that right balance.

1 month later
#20308 4 months ago

I secretly miss the old Litt location. 50c games, better nachos, walking distance to Little T's.

I've been going to Keg and Case a lot recently. Clutch has a bunch of beer specials until they close at the end of the month. I'm surprised how busy the market still gets for it being mostly empty. Fun place to hang. There's a few more temporary vendors with the holiday seasons happening. Feels like it's on an upswing even with the foreclosure. Hoping somebody cool buys it.

2 weeks later
#20412 3 months ago

Yeah, LTG's Hobbit is the only JJP I've had much success and fun with. They tend to eat my quarters up so fast otherwise.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ribs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread?tu=ribs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.