1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ranhorton.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 11 years ago

Checking in.

And I too am excited for MGC.
Don't think I can bring a game since I'll be bringing a 20 month old who's just as obsessed with pinball as I am.
Hook'em while they're young....

3 weeks later
#383 11 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

Would rather be in Lake Geneva though, that place is beautiful!

I was in Lake Geneva for the first time last weekend to check out the snow sculpting competition. That town is awesome! Need to head back there in the summer with the boat.

#387 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Just don't go during one of the long holiday weekends. Absolute cluster F$&@.

Great to know.
Sounds like I should call in sick to work one Wednesday in July.

#391 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You guys should just come up to our place some weekend. Smaller lake and WAY more laidback than Geneva.

Hilton- You've got a lake house as well as a sick lineup of pins?
Wanna switch lives for a week

#414 11 years ago

Solid review turtle!

#422 11 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Okay people, this thread is getting too Wisconsiny. More Minnesotan represent here.

Which one is Minnesota again?

Just so glad we have a micro community building here so us upper Midwesterners can help each other out.

#424 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Home of LTG : )

Well played, sir.

#436 11 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

South Dakota rules!

Which one is South Dakota again?

1 week later
#485 11 years ago

For those of you heading down to the Madison area do yourself a favor and bring back some Lake Louie.
One of the best local beers if you ask me. I was fortunate enough to meet Tommy (the owner) and get a tour of his small backwoods brewery.

But be warned – his Warped Speed Scotch Ale will effect your flipping skills.

#490 11 years ago

For those of you heading down to the Madison area do yourself a favor and bring back some Lake Louie.
One of the best local beers if you ask me. I was fortunate enough to meet Tommy (the owner) and get a tour of his small backwoods brewery.
But be warned – his Warped Speed Scotch Ale will effect your flipping skills.

The sign hanging in the brewery.
Pretty much sums it up.

Backwoods.JPGBackwoods.JPG

#491 11 years ago

Sorry about the sideways picture.
It looked correct to me when i took the photo.
But i was lying on the floor a little drunk.

1 week later
#539 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

any of the local crew want to do an honor based mini tournament on Saturday of MGC?

Great idea.
I'm in.

#585 11 years ago

A guy I work with wears this tee whenever UW plays Minnesota.
I have to admit it was pretty funny the first time I saw it.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#587 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You mean the automatic W on the Badger schedule every year?

Yup.
But when it comes to Big 10 football I have to be careful what I say or do because I married a Buckeye.

#589 11 years ago

They definitely had a hell of a year in 2012.
When we used to live in Columbus back in the early 2000s (when they were a powerhouse) it was definitely an experience to go to OUS tailgates but personally I think most Buckeye fans are batshit crazy.
Over the past 3 years of living in Wisconsin we've hit a few tailgates and the UW fans are a lot more fun and friendly.
I'll take UW game day festivities over OSU every time.

#614 11 years ago

I'm in!

#631 11 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

Question for MGC vets: what is the preferred payment method for vendors at the show?
Should I plan on bringing a fat wad of cash? or are most vendors cool with CC payments?
(For what it's worth, I do NOT plan to buy a game at the show. So, that wad of cash won't be needed.)

Last year when i was there it seemed like cash was king.
There's an ATM in the hotel but you run the risk of it being "cashed out" since there are a ton of people in and out and it's a small machine.

#708 11 years ago

Made my first ever trip to Minneapolis area today to look at a Doctor Who in Eden Prairie.
Minnesota is a pretty state (the little bit I saw). Need to see it in the summer without all the snow.

The seller of the DW was a great guy but unfortunately the game wasn't as nice as he was.
I passed on it. Oh well.
It was a 10 hour day driving for nothing but at least the weather was great.

#711 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

That is impressive willpower, If I ever drove that far to get a game Id feel obligated to myself to purchase it.

I had the cash ready to go but when i started really looking at it way too many things jumped out at me and had to hold back. It wasn't easy but I had to trust my gut.

The way I look at it is I only spend $100 or so in gas and would have dropped a lot more than that trying to fix this DW to meet my standards (which I will admit are probably too high but I have no problems spending money on quality).
And at least it was a nice day to drive.

#720 11 years ago

Congrats Hilton! That's awesome.
On your first day as supervisor you need to treat it like it was your first day in jail.
Find the biggest guy that reports to you and beat the snot out of him.
That will keep the rest of them in line.

#739 11 years ago

My neighbor and his family didnt know about it until I told him two weeks ago. Now he and his entire family are coming with intentions to buy a game.

3 weeks later
#864 11 years ago

Huge shout out and thanks to Whysnow (Hilton) today. He came over and helped me rubuild some flippers and craft a bowling pin flap for the flintstones I'm restoring. Learned more about WPC games/maintenance in the few hours he was here than I could in a month!

2 weeks later
#1005 10 years ago

I'd love to have a CV in my little game room! One of my more favorite J-Pops.
I love the vibrancy of it and the fact that it's kid friendly.

1 week later
#1172 10 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Hello all, I'm on the lookout for restoration help. Are there Madison area folks who do shopping, playfield touchups, cabinet restorations etc? Any help finding local contacts would be appreciated.
Dave

I hired a local UW Fine Arts grad to help with cabinet touchups.
She did amazing work and wasn't expensive since she was mostly excited to work on such a unique project to add to her portfolio.

Post an add on UW's job site and i bet you get a bunch of fine arts students interested.

1 week later
#1288 10 years ago

Congrats!
Creech is an amazing Trudeau game and tops on my list to one day own.
Enjoy

#1314 10 years ago

Hey guys
Any of you up in Minnesota know of this company?
I'm thinking about putting new speakers in my Sorcerer since mine is original and starting to wear out. It looks like he sells a replacement for the 4x10 backbox speaker with the correct ohms.

http://www.turnswitch.com/speakers.htm

1 month later
#1500 10 years ago

When I lived in Australia most of my mates referred to Australia as Oz (that's what it sounds like when the say Aus our Aussie).
I think LTG is trying to tilt our minds

#1517 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I would vote Mystery Castle if that was my project que.

I concur. Great looking game.

2 weeks later
#1651 10 years ago
Quoted from tmac:

So how many people have other pinsiders (WI/MN of course) initials on their game. Step up tell the truth! Story behind it? Have you come close to knocking them "off the board." Maybe even post their score, initials and game. Ok Begin.....

Treveism down here in madison has his initials in the number one slot on my whirlwind...but I still hold the grand champ score at 30.3 million.
I tried to knock his name off tonight but just missed it by 2 million.

1 month later
#2127 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

i doubt it! WPT is a keeper, all y'all messed up big time!

Dave
Not sure if you saw this or still wanted a WPT.

madison.craigslist.org link

#2151 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I think I'm getting a taf. Thanks for the heads up, though!

If you're going to have AFM, MM and TAF at your place do you have room for me to move into your basement?
I'm housebroken if its of any concern...

#2152 10 years ago

double post

#2153 10 years ago

ugh.
triple post.
three strikes...i'm out.

#2157 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I had to rub his face in it and hit him with a newspaper, but he was much better the second time he came over.

Absolutely hilarious.
You forgot to mention how you had to shake a can of pennies at me every time i got too excited playing Jolly Park.

1 week later
#2275 10 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Don't encourage me because I might just do it! Seriously I think it would be tough to drop down below 5-6 games (for variety's sake) but I know it's going to be hard to find time to play a lot of pinball in the coming months! New baby and a new house with a lot more projects than my current little city house/lot. The new house is on an acre of land built into a fairly steep hill with a driveway from hell! I'm eying up one of these to handle my lawn mowing/snow removal duties:
http://www.husqvarna.com/us/products/riders/r-322t-awd/

Mike
Stop selling games.
I'm getting worried and don't want to call the Madison guys together for a pintervention.

1 month later
#2621 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Too bad you aren't closer to the Madison area, it will be used as a league game (most likely) on November 9th.

Ralph has a beautiful example as well!
Love the use of the magnet on the upper playfield to guide the ball (similar to TZ).
And the more i've been thinking about it, I really like how Spinball used acrylic over the entire playfield to protect it.
It's different. But different it good in my book.

2 weeks later
#2741 10 years ago

Ralphwiggum gave me an old Batman plastic to practice flame polishing and I'm grateful.
I bubbled it a bit while figuring out the right technique but learned a lot and was soon able to cleanly flame polish some of my actual game ramps.
Definitely practice on an old plastic!

2 weeks later
#2939 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

LOL
You gotta give to get brother
LMK when that Wwind needs a new loving home...

I thought you had dibs on my whirlwind?
You cheatin' on me or turning into a whirlwind polygamist

1 month later
#3364 10 years ago
Quoted from gamefreakfrank:

Thanks guys! And I hope you did Russ or maybe I'm just super special haha.
Gonna go visit Lloyd today hopefully. Will finally get to see a WOZ.
Frank

Seeing/playing WOZ is definitely a gift.
And I'd be happy to paypal LTG some cash to buy you 21 plays throughout his arcade.

LTG can you PM me your info to PayPal you some cash.

-Ran

#3439 10 years ago

Congrats on your new little man!

9 months later
#5784 9 years ago

Way to go Josh! Congrats!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ranhorton.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread?tu=ranhorton and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.