1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider matt_rasmussen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

252 posts in this topic match your search for posts by matt_rasmussen. You are on page 1 of 2.
#141 11 years ago

Placed my Baywatch up for sale recently, if anyone is interested please let me know. (yup, I'm from Minnesota )

4 weeks later
#417 11 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

I would like to field interest in a backyard movie night this summer that would be open to all Pinsiders. We have a 16-foot wide screen and plenty of space. Our backyard is much like a amphitheater with a large screen at the bottom of a sloped yard, with five large areas for seating and a pool. My thinking is we would have a pin related movie for the main feature, then something else the guys might enjoy like Piranha 3DD. We could also start the evening with a BBQ prior.
I will have three pins in my game room which walks out to the movie area. I have plenty of room for more pins in my game room, attached rooms, the patio and yard. I mention that because this could be a large event if a few people had interest in bringing pins over.
Starting this thread because we do not have a giant game room with 20 pins. We do however have interesting space for a summer event. Between our house, pool area, fire pit, three patios, deck and yard we easily have room for a hundred people.
If there is interest in attending an event like this, I will create a separate thread for suggestions and event info.

I'd be interested, and could bring some pins over...if someone helps me haul them up half a flight of stairs.

2 weeks later
#553 11 years ago

Just sold my Baywatch to a young guy from northern Minnesota. It's nice to see younger people getting into pinball, there IS hope for the human race.

Checking out a couple machines Friday, hopefully it works out and I'll post the acquisition(s)!

#591 11 years ago

Here's to the Vikings for drafting someone sometime!

#593 11 years ago

Seems we get the washed up classics or over hyped youth at QB. I just wish we could take advantage of AP more, an accurate QB or a WR that can catch a ball would be great!

#596 11 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I figured the vikings would pick up Woodson or Saturday. We know how you guys like our table scraps.
chris

So negative Chris, so so negative.

#608 11 years ago

The games are looking and playing really excellent Lloyd!

#701 11 years ago

Can any of you fellow northerners help a brother find a Whirlwind?

#706 11 years ago

WW waterworld . But yes, same guy I believe, and traded for a WCS.

1 week later
#795 11 years ago

I'm up for bringing a game, but I do have to say the outdoor situation is a bit of a concern for me too. My machines are not 100% collector quality, but who the hell wants a sudden downpour killing any machine.

I'm bringing my Getaway to The Pinball Circus, hopefully I get to meet some of you guys there. I'll be the tall dude with 'long' hair.

1 week later
#822 11 years ago

Hey, it was nice to finally meet some of you guys at the Pinball Circus this weekend. Steve, Tony, John J, and probably some others that I didn't realize I was meeting. Good times!

#827 11 years ago

About the Metallica pin, that may very well be my first NIB pin. So who wants a getaway, jp, and a police force.

#828 11 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

Awesome!

I met you, set up my friend's Police Force opposite your Getaway! I'm josh/jonogo! Nice meeting you.

Did you help us set up the Tee'd Off?

#836 11 years ago

Snow off and on, very poor driving conditions.

1 month later
#1281 10 years ago

Picked up a Swords of Fury, a little spendy but it's a beauty.

#1283 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I am assuming it's the one that was on CL? He only owned it a little over a month and lost pretty good money on it. Is a nice game for sure. One of the few that the LED's look good in.

Yes, super nice guy and some nice machines too! The LED's in the upper play field posts are spectacular and overall it's a very, very nice machine. Wasn't really looking to spend that kind of money on it but, keeping it local is good.

#1286 10 years ago

I do believe that is the one.

#1302 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

nice score on the SOF. I love mine. Actually mines being restored as of right now. Playfield is already out, touchedup and clearcoated and getting put together this week.

Thanks NEO, played this a few years after graduating high school in the local bowling alley back in the day, they had SoF and WW right next to each other. Haven't seen a SoF after that, ever, until now!

I'm digging my collection right now, good variety I think. HS2 for good speed and excitement, JP for good shots/rules, SoF for pure shots and old school fun, and PF for letting non-pinheads have a shot at winning a game.

1 month later
#1457 10 years ago

Hey, just wanted to say thanks to all the MN pinsiders (and maybe those from WI as well ) welcoming me with open arms into your community. I've always loved pinball, looked into getting machines about 5 years ago (wish I would have), but lived in an apartment then and it just wasn't possible. While living in a house alone is a chore in itself, at least now I have a good place for some machines (although I wish I could budget more). Good times!

Looking forward to that 2014 Pinball BBQ! Maybe SoF will make its way there...it's a brutal game, would you guys like that?

#1458 10 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

Also- WTB: NBAFB or WWF
I set a personal record for shortest ownership time yesterday: less than 6 hours. NAVL dropped off Nascar in the afternoon and Millz was loading it up that evening! Nice, smooth transaction. Long enough for me to put my initials on it.
Now, it's time to beautify my new Jackbot!

Jackbot has some great roots, maybe it's even better than Pinbot. Congrats, I'd own it if it came around at the right time! Hey, I thought you were getting out of pinball for school though... Not that I mind, the more pinheads the merrier.

#1473 10 years ago
Quoted from tmac:

I vote yes for a SOF at Pinball BBQ 2014

The outlanes on that game are soul crushing. They put that center post in just to make you feel good.

#1488 10 years ago

Any leads on a Centaur?

#1493 10 years ago

#1506 10 years ago

The thread is only 20 pages, all the triple posts... Just dont press the send button when your browser is 'spinning'

1 week later
#1569 10 years ago

Tony, what happened with the school funds? Or do you have a bank roll from the LOTR sale, kinda like a professional poker player...

#1571 10 years ago

It's a habit that's hard to break!

#1601 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

$17. How's that.

a pair of choppers...

#1607 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I was wondering who'd catch that first, Matt. LOL

It's a classic I haven't listened to for a while...

#1616 10 years ago

I think the rules are deep for casual play, but yes, if you are looking to just get the highest score possible in a tourney, it's 'easy' to do.

#1642 10 years ago

Just finished 'There's No Place Like Home' mode on WoZ, that's a lot of work for a ball, but has a pretty cool effect when you finish it.

#1650 10 years ago
Quoted from tmac:

So how many people have other pinsiders (WI/MN of course) initials on their game. Step up tell the truth! Story behind it? Have you come close to knocking them "off the board." Maybe even post their score, initials and game. Ok Begin.....

I had several on my HS2 that I had at SS Billiards for a while, I say had because there was a battery malfunction...no really...

I know I've put my initials on a few others machines though. MNHotrod's The Shadow and Rommy's Monster Bash and XMen. If they're still there I don't know, but I thank them both for letting me play on their fine machines!

#1654 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Last time I was at SS, the name DAD was all over.

Like every other game. . A lot of amazing players visit SS.

#1685 10 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Somebody needs to snatch up that Police Force on CL for $499.

Looks good from the pics, hard to see the play field but probably a great deal.

#1686 10 years ago

Was visiting Aurora Borealis at the MSP airport and Tron needs a bit of maintenance. So if any of you know the vendor might let them know.

Tron - ball shooter lane eject needs adjustment, need to tilt to play many times due to the ball going back into the ejector. Ball gets stuck at the disc entry on the target slot, unless you have all your dangers left it will tilt trying to get it unstuck. And, ball drain isn't recognized frequently.

Played one game of stones, and the ball gets stuck on the Mick slot too, but he usually fixes that.

#1743 10 years ago

Glad it worked out for someone, would have loved to pick it up but not in the cards right now.

#1794 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Speaking of POAS. D&G's WOZ is being delivered tomorrow. Should be set up and ready for play at Mortimer's on Thursday and ready for use in the monthly tournament this Sunday. D&G also brought in a Theater of Magic and Bram Stoker's Dracula too which are already on site for play. John plans on having the WOZ at POAS this year. I think the plan is to place the WOZ more up front and with the universal theme and fantastic light show, it should be pretty popular.

Which Stern machines did they replace, or in addition to the Stern lineup they had?

#1805 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Thanks for buying a pinball you didn't want.

I don't know, who wouldn't have bought a 500 dollar machine like this if they had the chance want it or not. This was a garage sale, not like a collector selling one of his pins to a guy that talked him down for the love of the game then flipped it. But, we won't get that discussion started here.

#1817 10 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Anybody look at this HS2 near Milwaukee?
milwaukee.craigslist.org link

Hard to tell, but looks like the lanes have some wear. 1.8k is a fair price for a decent machine imo, but can't really tell from the pics.

#1825 10 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Thanks for the heads up! Sent them a text when I got home. Will check it out tomorrow.

great game! Hope it works out for you Steve!

1 week later
#1889 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Just took the kids to see him at the Wisconsin State Fair. Good sized crowd and great weather. His set list was cut a bit short due to the city's restriction, but still a great show.
His backup band is getting old - they look like a few of them have hit sixty.

He's 53, no spring chicken either.

#1895 10 years ago

Sorry you didn't like the game, I love it.

#1907 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Finally beat the GC score on my HS2 this morning, got pretty close to 300M. Now I have to shoot for that and knocking some of my lower scores off.

My highest score is 310 million, I was THIS close to another 100 million, would have been sweet.

#1930 10 years ago

Hey guys, I have to sell one of my machines and Swords of Fury is the one that I need to sell. If you know anyone who might be interested in an SoF in excellent condition (pictures upon request) please shoot me a private message here. I'm asking 2k firm, it's a top notch rare machine.

Here's a video I did for the heck of it a while ago...

#1934 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Thats pretty tempting. I'm going to look into the machine more and see if I can make room for it.

It's an awesome machine, you will absolutely never see one done up to this standard in your life...that I can guarantee. See the link below for pictures...

http://sdrv.ms/13yz61P

#1935 10 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Hey Lloyd,
Will you offer some details on what is involved with bringing a machine to the pinballcircus?
When can it be dropped off?
When does it need to be picked up?
Thanks

In my experience, Lloyd is about as flexible as it can be, open a bit early, close a bit late. And if you might want to leave it there for a while, let it stay and contribute to the community as it stays.

#1941 10 years ago

Just need a wrist masseuse and we're all set.

1 month later
#2304 10 years ago

Putting the feelers out there for a multi-machine trade for a single machine plus cash to make up differences. I'd love a nice whirlwind, or something more modern, Metallica Pro or something maybe, or, just straight up cash (would prefer to move them all).

Have:
HS2 with the mountain and a spotlight for it, and a few LED's. Modern switching power supply, plays great, good players machine.

JP fine condition, no topper, new display, new trough switches, rebuilt flippers, cliffy's etc.

Police Force good players game, have new ramps and cliffy protectors but not installed. Typical plastics broken, plays good. LED's, new jackpot display etc.

Anyway, shoot me a message if you have an idea.

#2316 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Anyone going to pin circus?

there's normally quite a crowd...

#2369 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I suppose your rite but I've never had other pinheads over and only been to one event the MN Pinball BBQ which was really great. I think the oldest game there was HS2 and some of mine are older then that. But all I can do is try.

Space Shuttle is a great game, one of my favorites on pinball arcade.

1 week later
#2396 10 years ago

Hey guys,

I'll be bringing a couple pins to the Circus this year, both of which will also be up for sale. Jurassic Park and The Getaway will be there for you to check out and take home.

#2398 10 years ago

I'll be asking 2200 OBO for the JP and 1800 OBO for the HS2.

The JP has:
New DMD
New Power Supply
New Balls
New Rubber
New Trough Switches
Cliffy's all around
Fully stripped, cleaned, polished, and waxed.
No topper
Play field is great
Cabinet is excellent
Plays excellent, one of the better playing JP's I've played IMO.

The HS2 has:
New Balls
New Rubber
Some LED's around, messing with some of the warm white pinball bulbs in the RPM etc.
The new authorized mountain is installed
Spotlight LED for the mountain to light up that back corner
Frosted LED's in the pop bumpers to knock down the brightness up there a bit.
New launcher
Play field is good
Cabinet is on the rough side.
Plays excellent.

I've put a bit of time and cash into both of the machines.

#2416 10 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

I would trade you my recently shopped STTNG for both .

I wish, but need to move them.

#2427 10 years ago

I think he has a fetish for moving heavy things...

#2466 10 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

My Maverick is on CL. I want this thing gone. $1450 CL price = $1200 in real life... maybe less if you throw in a jug of wine...
To my pinball friends I haven't seen/talked to in a while- not limited to Russ, Josh, Parnell, Hilton, TMac ... miss you guys!

That's a blowout price for sure.

#2548 10 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

I'd head back to Circus today but I think I'm kaput on pinball for the moment.
Thanks for all the fun LTG, pinsiders, and D&G gaming and crew!

My thoughts exactly, planned on heading back but was pretty tired today, hauling a bunch of machines around and playing for 12 hours straight does a job on my over 40 body.

#2583 10 years ago

Thanks for all the help today MN-Flipper, good pinsider!

#2590 10 years ago
Quoted from tmac:

Yep that be the one. Trying to hit the left and right target down and leave the center up then hit it for points, evil I tell you!

Yeah, Centaur like.

#2593 10 years ago

Is there anyone around the area that might be up to showing me some basic pinball playfield touch up work? I'd like to learn a bit about the process of spot filling, painting, and clear coat repairs.

#2595 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah, that stuff would be nice to know.

I've been doing a lot of reading on pinballrehab.com etc. I've selected the paints and airbrush, just want to see some real world applications. I do ok learning by book, but nothing like seeing it done in person.

Found some cool paints, the Createx stuff, supposedly it doesn't change colors when dry or under clearcoats. It also doesn't dry until you hit it with some heat, so you can apply it to the play field and see how it looks, and just wipe it up if you don't like it.

Not looking to go into business, just wanna touch up a couple spots on my machines.

#2649 10 years ago
Quoted from tmac:

Packers by two Touchdowns! Just sayn'. Oh to make this legit for the thread. I like Pinball.

Ends in a zero-zero tie after no one can score a single point and the game is called because of sucky play. And you think soccer is a waste of time!

#2657 10 years ago

I don't get why they don't start him, didn't he QB our only win?

#2658 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Playing soccer is not a waste of time , watching people play soccer is though .

Right, nothing like investing 90+ minutes in a 0-0 tie.

1 week later
#2802 10 years ago

The drama, what a f'ing joke.

#2803 10 years ago

Video games were a fad, cool in the day. Yeah, there are some amazing games that stand the test of time, but not like pinball. I'd take a joust stand up...

#2810 10 years ago

Running a business is hard, dedication and determination is required, they don't succeed by themselves. Sometimes difficult decisions have to be made, sacrifices that might not make everyone happy, to keep the doors open.

#2815 10 years ago

A lot of hate around here lately. Time to take a break.

#2840 10 years ago

I have some frequent flyers miles to use up...might be a good time.

#2869 10 years ago

Probably did lose money...

#2902 10 years ago

Can anyone in the metro area help a guy out riveting a WCS94 coin toss part to a new plastic? I don't have the tooling for that and don't really want to invest for two rivets. Shoot me a message and we can work something out.

#2904 10 years ago

That's correct Paul.

#2954 10 years ago

I like the TC kit, I havr better results than with just Novus. You have to be very careful with the #3 though, no pressure just jet the stuff do the work, it's fairly abrasive.

#2956 10 years ago

No, Novus 3 is like baby lotion in comparison.

#2968 10 years ago

So Jim (MN-Flipper) and I have been talking about doing a charity event. We're thinking it would be really fun to do a multi-site event with local and an overall winner prize (from vendor donations), with 100% of all player contributions of cash and/or similar food donations going to a local food bank. What would you guys think of that, and would you participate?

We're thinking maybe three locations, in the various parts of the city so as many people could attend as possible, with local umpires doing the local events. If you would like to travel to the various locations it would be encouraged, but not required to contribute and win some fun prizes as well.

The details are just being worked out, but we really think it could be a lot of fun and have our community contribute to needy causes as well.

If you are interested in being a location, feel free to message MN-Flipper or myself with your location. And if IFPA certification would help, that would most certainly be on the agenda!

#2972 10 years ago

Sounds like you should contribute to the charity event....

#2985 10 years ago

I'm just leaving sun ray, decent night of pinball. Good mix if machines.

#2991 10 years ago
Quoted from policano:

Added Sharkey's Shootout to the lineup at Sun Ray Lanes.

image.jpg 212 KB

Gonna update the names on the eastsidepinball website? Curious if I'm stull on the board. Oh, just noticed that you snapped at just the right time to show my 3rd place score on The Game Show, NICE! lol it's fun to see your name in lights...

#2994 10 years ago

Oh,well, I thought maybe others might be interested in the standings. A little honest competition...

#2995 10 years ago

Pretty sure that's wrong...lol

#3064 10 years ago

So MnHotRod, you picking up the new mustang pin? I bet mustang Paul will!

#3158 10 years ago

Nice setup Jim, still have ACDC?

#3179 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I don't do apps. I use my phone for phone calls only. (with occasional text). I hate touch screen phones with a passion. When I had one, it was the worst year of using a phone i've ever experienced and refuse to get one ever again. (forced to have one for work but use it as little as possible.
Plus I have a virtual pin, so I can DL all the zaccarias I want. (most need to be redone).

You're so old school, it's old school.

#3220 10 years ago

Yeah, Jim's a decent enough fellow.

#3222 10 years ago

Well, there was a smiley winkybface after that when I posted it. Of course, you know I know that Lloyd (and Jim)

3 weeks later
#3396 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

It was a blast, thanks.
I have no idea why I kept plugging coin into Police Force, as it was probably the silliest game there to play especially with so much more fun stuff there. Probably had to do with getting to chat with you while I played it. Nice way to ride out a snowstorm in Minnesota before heading back to the hotel.
Home again, missed the crazy cold weather by just a little out on the road, holed up inside now...

Police force is a deceivingly fun machine.

1 month later
#3784 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

So long as you are paying "Neo is selling prices" that is cool. Chris is a good guy and deserves top dollar.
If he is selling at Neo "price check" prices then it only seems appropriate that the games go to the less fortunate like myself.
deal?

HA!

#3799 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Please, I know what you find games at and buy at as well. We both live in the same region and we both know what reasonable is. It's not like we live in CA or NY and wipe our asses with $100's. I just paid $2600 for Pinball Magic. You think I underpaid for that?

There is no such thing as underpaying...only overpaying...

1 week later
#3880 10 years ago

Mach 3 as in the laser disc flight combat game?

#3901 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I tried to buy one off of that guy who has a bunch of bk's listed on LTG's sale page, but the guy isn't ready to sell anything.

I tried buying a couple machines from him, but never really seemed interested in putting much effort into it. That's his prerogative, but just take them off the page then.

1 week later
#3935 10 years ago

My new acquisition, I believe it once belonged to Rufer, sweet playfield! Plays fast and brutal, just like one would expect from a nice machine.

Corvette.jpgCorvette.jpg
#3936 10 years ago
Quoted from raisindot:

YES!!!! Rifle Sport Arcade, that was it!
There were definitely some scary people hanging around there, but I loved the place just the same.
Memories....

You know LTG's pops owned that place right?

1 week later
#4012 10 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

New tables usually attract a few dedicated folks and have them bogarting a table for a while, especially during the first week. I did not talk or hang around them really, because I'd just as soon play another one of the good tables around.
Star Trek was similar. So was Theater of Magic and WOZ for that matter. I'm not really sure if the Mustang theme will really do all that much in this location. It's a lot of folks in their 20s and 30s spending money on pinball. Not saying they're the only people playing at Mortimers, but I don't think the theme resonates all that much with their demographic. Could be wrong though!

I saw a group of young men playing on it for quite some time today. I think once you give it a play it will grab you, it has a feeling of quality about it. It's fast, it's fun, and it doles out the multiballs pretty decently too. Not saying you don't have to work for them, but if you have basic skills you can get to one pretty easily at the beginning of ball one.

I'm not sure how I feel about the 'creature' bowl ramp thingy. On one hand it's pretty neat, but on the other it slows down the play a bit, but that's not all bad on a frantic multiball. The dots look nice, the playfield looks nicer than ST in my opinion, and plays nearly as fast (or maybe faster) that ST too.

I was pleasantly surprised that a 'basic' machine like this delivered so much enjoyment.

#4045 10 years ago

If you guys do a uhaul deal, I'll go in on it. I hate hauling pins one at a time...if you swing by my place and load up my LAH too anyway.

#4046 10 years ago

What machine are you bringing MustangPaul?

#4047 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

World Cup Soccer is always a hit. Honestly, people will have a good time on any of them.

What machine are you bringing John? Bring Maverick, it would make the swap easy!

#4048 10 years ago
Quoted from tmac:

Look what I got to play today!

Cnv0275.jpg 67 KB

If that made it to the Circus, WOW!

#4050 10 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

I mentioned this in the MGC thread. Anyone thinking about changing up there line up and getting rid of that clunky TZ? We'll, I'm your guy. Family agrees on it so the hunt is on. I'll be bringing a tricked NF to the MGC to help, +$ ?

Lol, clunky TZ...that's a good one. At least now I know what the back of the machine actually looks like!

#4064 10 years ago

I was thinking about renting one over the weekend, it's like 75 bucks for the three days (pick it up Friday, sunday is free). If anyone wants to go in on it we can move some machines!

#4074 10 years ago

If you guys are truly interested in a uhaul and an escalera and split the cost, please let me know. I don't mind making the plans and fronting the cash, but don't really want it to turn I to a bust and get stuck with the costs if it's a bust. Thursday morning would be the latest I would like to hear back.

No pressure, just want to put it out there.

#4091 10 years ago

Beer helps because it eliminates the itch via poor purchasing decisions.

#4095 10 years ago

I've used one several times, you can rent them in town. Trust me, they're not rocket science.

#4103 10 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

If you guys are truly interested in a uhaul and an escalera and split the cost, please let me know. I don't mind making the plans and fronting the cash, but don't really want it to turn I to a bust and get stuck with the costs if it's a bust. Thursday morning would be the latest I would like to hear back.
No pressure, just want to put it out there.

Only had two people reply, Lloyd and one other via private message, looks like it's going to be a no go. I still plan on bringing the LAH, if the vans aren't plowed in still.

#4109 10 years ago

It's on the way, taking a bit longer than expected.

#4132 10 years ago

Thanks for all the work Lloyd, good times! Would have liked a few more machines, but I understand it's not a pleasure to lug them around.

#4134 10 years ago

Just a quick shout out to Jim (MN-Flipper), thanks for helping me lug my machines around, always appreciated!

#4135 10 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Photos from Pinball Circus.
Thanks Lloyd for the event. Thanks Jim for the help unloading Tron. Thanks Eric, Matt, Jim, Paul and others for good conversation while playing some games. Cheers.

Thanks for bringing Tron, great game, kicks my ass every time, but fun!

#4136 10 years ago

This fall, come October, it would be really cool if we can all get together and commit to bringing machines to the Pinball Circus (at least to the capacity, which I see as around 12 extra machines). Pool some cash, rent an enclosed pull behind (or borrow one for a reasonable fee), and just commit to moving some machines, rent the Escalera for the stairs makes easy work of it. It's a very fun event and some great machines already on location, and gets better when people bring their machines for everyone to enjoy.

I'm willing to coordinate stuff, drive the rental, help fund, help in/out the machines etc. We just need to come up with a plan and execute!

The cheese pump awaits your pumps....I guess...

#4138 10 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Hey fella's. I'm bringing my NF down to the MGC, but thought I'd throw this out here. I'm thinking about changing the line up here drastically. Wondering if there is any interest in a really nice T2. I've had this for a long while and had a great time making it my own. Full led's, extra spots and flex's so no midfield darkness, stainless apron, diamond plate side blades, led hunter killer, t1000 mod, full CT undercab lighting kit, custom endoskeleton topper, led eyes and flashers tied to playfield cues.Chrome flippers,buttons, blue speaker led kit, bla bla bla. Playfield is very nice. No interest in shipping so I'm just going to put it here. $2500 obo.

Very nice looking machine! Is that a Pinballbulbs kit?

#4162 10 years ago

Never...

3 weeks later
#4400 9 years ago

Oh, who's the wise guy on Craigslist...

1 week later
#4451 9 years ago

Never fails, women always like the most expensive stuff.

#4475 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Yep!
I go and bother Rick once in awhile about pinball machines. The LOTR at oleanders is one of the few pins they still keep on route and make money on I guess. The place had a sewage line break and the whole place had to be torn apart and rebuilt. The LOTR made it out ok and I asked about buying it, but they wanted to put it back when the palce was done.
I might ask MN-FLIPPER who he traded his LOTR to.

Well, Jims lotr was about as opposite a beaters you could get.

2 weeks later
#4569 9 years ago
Quoted from smailskid:

Anyone have a LAH for sale? Can travel up to three hours one way.

Three hours doesn't even get you close to Minneapolis.... but, who can blame you for wanting a LAH. It's a great bang for the buck machine. Shaker, cool toy, interesting rules...if it were a Williams machine it would be an A title.

#4571 9 years ago

Lol, Night Moves...that's awesome...

I really dig LAH, I think most people would enjoy playing it if they gave it a chance. But, whatever, it's a great buy for people that want to get a great machine at a fair price these days. You can get one for the price of a Taxi, and LAH is far deeper than Taxi.

Speaking of Taxi, the one at the BBQ had a Marilyn playfield, that was interesting.

#4573 9 years ago

What ever floats your boat! I'll take the WW off your hands if you're not happy with it. I have a very nice LAH...

1 week later
#4656 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I rubbed my balls on the lock down bar the other day and you dont even want to know what has been done to that shooter rod...

That's ok, he drove all the way with the cash down his pants.

#4665 9 years ago

Well, it's not fast like High Speed, lots of interruption to game play.

#4677 9 years ago

The water is fine at the Future Spa, SS Billiards.

#4693 9 years ago

That's the problem with driving so far, you feel obligated to buy just because you've spent so much time traveling.

#4730 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I really want to play an Earthshaker......never played before.

That's what you're wife told me... BOOYA!

#4767 9 years ago

I've decided I'd like to hunt for a RBION, if anyone has leads please let me know. I see one down in IA, I haven't heard back from that person though, probably already gone. I see one listed at the Al's place too, anyone know if that's real and how much?

#4768 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

IMG_20140619_150935[1].jpg 195 KB

That's a heck of a coin door on the HS.

#4770 9 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Gorilla has the one down in IA. He said he had the flu in the thread, so may still be around.

Yeah, saw that one. I've tried to contact him a few ways, I'll give it some time but he probably has a ton of offers. I've learned to just let it flow, if it works out it works out, if not...so be it.

#4774 9 years ago

Is it very nice?

#4805 9 years ago
Quoted from bigsoups:

Hey MN/WI pinheads! I'm pretty new to the hobby and really looking to see how much of a community/following there is locally. First, Are auctions/shows common these days? I would really like to take part in that experience and I love live auctions. Also, is there a home arcade party community locally? I would like to show mine off once everything gets cleaned out and I have a polished enough collection. Thanks and Cheers!

One of the biggest and most active pin communities there is.

#4817 9 years ago

Although, WI is Minnesotans favorite charity for beer on sundays and fireworks.

#4822 9 years ago

Lots of deals going down in my world, exciting times! RBION and Gameshow coming, WCS94 and DM going.

#4824 9 years ago

Yup.

#4829 9 years ago

I had an awesome Baywatch a year ago that no one wanted, now it's 'the shit'. Sold it cheap, not sad about it, I couldn't stand the music and callouts....game play, spectacular, audio was terrible IMO. I still think someone should do a custom machine with it, like Mad Max:Beyond Thunderdome or something, the tower shot could easily be made into the thunderdome and be incredibly awesome.

#4833 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yeah, i don't think it is the shit... I am just poor and want more games so my tastes are what i like to call more refined
Cheesy and cheap are my wheel house.
Lame on the barbwire bodyman! I know you have been looking for a while.

Well, that's true, you swear by night moves...holy shit.

#4835 9 years ago

I have, it's a cocktail table...what can I say. They have their appeal, just not my appeal.

#4849 9 years ago

Sweet whirlwind in des Moines in CL, wish I could afford it.

#4852 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

seems a bit high and pics are not very good either.

Depends, if it's 'like new' then I would think 3k is reasonable. But yes, I would probably request better photos before I took the drive to Des Moines.

1 week later
#4903 9 years ago

Have a really nice The Bally Game Show for trade or sale, hit me up if you're interested.

#4922 9 years ago

If anyone is interested in a really nice Game Show, shoot me a private for more info, more pictures, or trade offers. Here's a link to some photos, and a video of a quick game.

http://1drv.ms/1oXykGv

#4956 9 years ago

Looks like the other photo link was deactivated by accident, here it is again. Really nice Game Show for sale, check out the pics and the video.

http://1drv.ms/1rwWcpw

#4963 9 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

That's a nice GS! Something up with the hold bonus insert, looks like a poor touchup maybe? Was this table cleared?

Yeah, the hold bonus insert is just a touch wonky, but not super bad. And at some point it was probably cleared, but i don't know the entire history of the table. Plays great!

#4970 9 years ago

Active bunch of what?

1 week later
#5048 9 years ago

If you've ever contemplated getting and LED OCD board, don't think twice. Excellent product!

#5062 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I've been on the fence about those. I was signed up for them but then they went into back order hell and I lost interest in waiting. My SS could use it. I have ghostbusters in it but its still an issue.
I might look into them again.
chris

I believe the boards work better, IE greater control, if you're using standard LEDs with the OCD board. But the difference is incredible, there best of both worlds. The brightness and color choices of the LEDs and the fade/blink of an incandescent bulb.

#5076 9 years ago

Still have a super nice Game Show here.

#5124 9 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Yes I agree. The shattered backglass spread out on the playfield added an interesting challenge. The two stand up targets that where smashed back between the posts were unique. I could probably play for years and never hit the one dangling below the playfield. Also the blank displays would help with your math speed skills and make multi player games interesting.

Yeah, but they're a rare game. Someone would probably pay 900 bucks for that, and shove another couple grand into it and fix it up. How was the playfield in general though, good shape, a little mylar bubble on the inserts, massive wear everywhere?

I wish I would have never sold the one I had, but, life dictates pinball collections. (I wish I had Baywatch back too, those two are the only ones that I wish I didn't have to trade away at that point in my life)

#5126 9 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

So it needed some work , I would have been a buyer at $150 .

Eh, that doesn't really tell us about the condition of the playfield though, all that is repairable and not all that expensive really. If the playfield was mint, 900 bucks...would be a tough decision. You can get 3k or more for a really nice SoF.

#5130 9 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Yeah, so your figuring that the person who let a pinball get targets knocked completely out and has one dangling below the PF and shattered the trans light glass took such good care if the machine that it's worth $900? Your seriously trying to tell me that's what your thinking?
I understand wanting a game, trust me. I probable paid too much for my D&D but I knew that going in. I would guess that the machine is about 10 minute from a dumpster

Have no idea, would have to see the real quality of it behind the purely cosmetic. The playfield condition is the real determining factor, I've seen many barn saves that look far worse than that become amazing machines. I just don't know enough about it to judge. Smashed targets, hanging targets and a broken backglass are all fairly minor in comparison. Did it start up, do the boards look good, is the playfield good? Those are the real questions...

#5131 9 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I am busy now but will explain more later. Playfield had some issues but wasn't terrible. More alkaline coming off batteries than I have ever seen before. I disagree with your assessment of value Matt. I offered more than what Trilogy said.

So there you go, it's all about what's worth it to you. Hard to value it without seeing it, but some broken glass and targets wouldn't turn me off immediately. Shitty boards and playfield would for sure.

#5134 9 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Yeah a nice Swords of Fury is worth about $1500 to me , but a shattered backglass , and shattered all over the playfield means the playfield is probably effed up also . Plus the other issues that rusty mentioned my offer would have been $150 and it sounds as though it would have been a fair offer . Anyways Swords of Fury is a great game I just won't over pay for a shitty one .

Agreed, but we have no idea of it's shittyness.

#5140 9 years ago

Holds up to what kind of cheese?

#5159 9 years ago

Anyone know what he's asking for his STTNG? Or anyone here maybe interested in a trade for one? I'd like to add one to my lineup.

#5172 9 years ago
Quoted from tmac:

Fun fact about the MN State Fair: The MN State Fair gets their Cheese Curds from Wisconsin.

Not a surprise since cheese curds are mainly a Wisconsin thing. Most people throw them away...

#5183 9 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

It would be nice to play Iron Man again!
Otherwise most of that lineup is usually at Mortimers without a $13 cover charge.
Might be worth it though to check out Most Haunted.

I don't know what most means in your world, but it certainly isn't over half...

#5185 9 years ago
Quoted from Whistles:

So this is an attraction and not just an open-entrance arcade? When I was at the fair last there was an arcade w/pins that you could just walk into and plug money into. Plan on going to the fair this year and was going to try and check out some pins!

No, it is, he meant the entrance fee to get into the fair.

#5203 9 years ago

I sold a pretty much brand new Baywatch last year for 1500.

#5229 9 years ago
Quoted from big_ragu:

In related news, someone should buy my Sky Jump so I have room for Josh's f14 tomcat!
minneapolis.craigslist.org link

I have a trade for your STTNG...

#5246 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I didn't know they were set to $1 a play :/ I didn't bring any quarters or cash :/ AMH was shut down today when I was there
I ran into Billy! and he hooked me and the gf up on a game of WOZ! My gf and parents really liked the game Thanks!

You thought they were free play and you didn't bring cash to a fair? Hmmm...

#5253 9 years ago

5/3, might be a bit steep for me, but a buck a play isn't out of line at all.

#5254 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You're WAY too kind, John. Anyone who wants to bitch about the price can haul their own games out there. That in itself is a real treat. They can then maintain them for 12 days, with temps in the 90's and dew points in the 70's.
The best part is hauling them back home. Out of the truck, around the fucking house and back in the basement. Oh, and you get to shop them all back out again because they're going to be filthy.
POAS is NOT done for the money. It's done by four dipshits (Chris, Brian, John and Tony) that simply love pinball and love the looks on people's faces when they see a dozen of them lined up in the arcade.

Yeah, it's not exactly fun lugging 250 lb (or more) awkwardly shaped machines around. Thanks to all!

#5287 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Hey All.
Be home in a week and looking to purchase a new machine.
Updating my want list.
I have an Elvis for Trade + or - cash or outright cash sales work.
junkyard
Radical
Dr. Dude
Bad Cats
If you or a friend have something that fits the bill please let me know.
Thanks
chris

There was a super clean Junkyard on CL not long ago, probably was snagged up, but wouldn't hurt to look. It was at the Pinball BBQ this summer, sweet machine.

#5291 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Welcome to the wonderful world of operating. Only ten days and 2 3/4 hours to go. Hopefully nothing else expensive breaks.
LTG : )™

Yeah, an example of a true quality machine is the ability to last hundreds of hours without repair. I have one Stern machine now so I don't have much to base this on, but I've had a Williams and Gottlieb 'on route' for a while...not many difficulties...

#5292 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I think that was the one going for about $4k. A bit out of my price range.
Thanks for the heads up

Yeah, it was essentially brand new though...so yeah.

#5293 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I think that was the one going for about $4k. A bit out of my price range.
Thanks for the heads up

I don't know though, If you had an SS for trade I'm sure you could have done well if he wanted it. That's pinball right, trades are only as good as the desire to own the machine.

#5296 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I'm sure Chris could find a Space Shuttle to trade for junkyard.

If you have a quality Space Shuttle, I'm game. But if you have an SS, I'm out...I think it's a little overrated myself.

#5299 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

This is very true.

Cash is king!

#5300 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Yeah. I see your point. That SS in my basement is a pile of crap. I think I'll hang onto it for now.
Even though I'm out if room in the basement I still keep looking for more pins. It's such a sickness.
Chris

Oh, that's not what I mean and you know it. SS is a fun machine...but repetitive quickly...IMO.

#5301 9 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Most every time I play pinball it's for $1 . Sometimes it cost me dollar, sometimes I make a dollar ( or a few) either way I've got no problem putting a dollar into a machine or on a machine and sometimes both .

FREE DOLLAR!

#5308 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

From just about all ops, I have heard that Stern games hold up better out of the box now than any bally, data East, or Sega games did. Gottlieb games held up great, but didn't really earn. You can't really compare two games that are 15 years old and hopefully bullet proofed to that.
Have said that, one-armed Wolverine sucks

Well Stern is Sega, so I would expect them to be similar.

#5313 9 years ago

I get it, all machines break. That's what they do best!

#5315 9 years ago

Nice machine!

#5341 9 years ago

If someone is selling all their machines, I suggest doing it to your friendly neighbors to the west. You'll get a star for good citizenship.

#5353 9 years ago

#5358 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It is a WI thing . You won't understand...

I deleted it, because maybe I want dibs someday.

#5366 9 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Looking to mix it up again Want list is current - First on the want list is STTNG
Mustang, RBION, PF and VIRTUAL Widebody with 200+games,
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3opryir3lhoae52/AAA1WjBelWfE0wIi0a0xZeOma?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u6rpepa1a4i0qpv/AAA8VvbifLIa_6PJHRYmFqcoa?dl=0

mustang.jpg 54 KB

Wish I had the means to pick up that PF, is a super clean machine, nicest one I've ever seen. Actually, all of these are in great shape and play very well. Jim is a good guy too.

#5391 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I'll be adding a Funhouse to my arcade thanks to ChrisS and Methos. It'll be a LTG's in a couple weeks.

Woo hoo!

1 week later
#5437 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Funhouse Bump, coming to an SS near you!

Looking forward to it, I wish I could drop a bunch of System 11's at SS, just pure fun stuff.

#5446 9 years ago

Yeah, yeah, it's WPC. I know, but I'm with Charlie that it's an honorary sys11.

1 week later
#5487 9 years ago

Just thought I'd post the final outcome of my Corvette cleanup/LED project. I like it, I tried to white balance the photo a bit better, but the blue lights just tend to blow out on my phones camera, not as brilliant in real life (well, brilliant, but even...you know what I mean.)

2014_09_22_17_34_25_ProShot.jpg2014_09_22_17_34_25_ProShot.jpg

#5521 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Most of the shiny new sterns are awesome, dude! Way more fun than Game Show and I like that game. It's a center ramp all day game, though...

Well, I'd expect 24 years of technology growth to make machines more sophisticated.

1 week later
#5539 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I knew that but your site didn't put it that way. It just said no amenities.

No massage therapist etc. It's just a joke Paul...

#5545 9 years ago

We should go in on this guys, local pinheads... What do you think?

#5555 9 years ago

Hey guys, just a quick post here. I'm going to be bringing my Volcano machine to join Future Spa at the Pinball Circus next weekend. Both of them will be for sale as well, I'm putting 800 bucks on each of them, or if you buy both 1400.

Don't have any good pics, but if you're interested shoot me a message and we can arrange something. Otherwise, hit up the circus and check them out and play them for free!

#5572 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

All you MN (and Iowa now?) guys have you eyes on my TX... What gives?

Because we're all awesome?

#5575 9 years ago

I guarantee there's a corvette there...

I might consider a private showing if someone's interested.

#5583 9 years ago

Waiting list setup for plays yet?

#5587 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

1. Millionaire
2. Whirlwind
3. Funhouse
4. Volcano
5. Sopranos

Come on guys, it's not THAT hard to move a machine... Plus, I don't want to just TAKE the tournament...

#5592 9 years ago

Paul think his basement is hard, you should help Jim sometime Paul.

#5661 9 years ago

I think I'm going to rent the escalera tomorrow, if it's not gone, I have to move a couple machines. If someone would like to use it, and/or share the cost shoot me a message. I'll have to return it Momday morning to avoid an additional days charge. Ends up being 75 bucks or so for Friday afternoon through Monday morning.

#5668 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I think I'm going to rent the escalera tomorrow, if it's not gone, I have to move a couple machines. If someone would like to use it, and/or share the cost shoot me a message. I'll have to return it Momday morning to avoid an additional days charge. Ends up being 75 bucks or so for Friday afternoon through Monday morning.

Well, what a bust this is. Battery in the escalera is totally dead, won't even charge.

#5670 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

and they have no battery to swap in?

This place is a moving equipment company, not a standard rental place. They closed at 4pm on Friday (before I tried it unfortunately), and not open weekends and no customer service number. I'm just thankful that a lot of plans to move a bunch of machines didn't happen, that would have sucked way more than moving Volcano.

2 weeks later
#5774 9 years ago

Do you need to use rubber protectors on the legs so they don't rip into the floor?

#5786 9 years ago

Congrats!

2 weeks later
#5867 9 years ago

Have my Corvette up for sale if you know anyone interested. **SOLD**

#5879 9 years ago

Just so you transport beer...for free...both the beer and the transport of it...

#5880 9 years ago

Well, time to play the shit out of a couple machines before they leave forever...

Both good and bad, because the new machine to replace them both is amazing!

#5925 9 years ago

Say hi to my new addition!

DSC00002.JPGDSC00002.JPG

#5950 9 years ago

They are widely used, you can buy stuff with your phone at pretty much any vending machine. Not sure how it's any different than a card swipe though.

#5953 9 years ago
Quoted from policano:

The difference is that the card reader requires a dedicated wireless data plan thats expensive and also expensive to operate. The PayRange is so much better and more affordable. Its funds can be used anywhere PayRange is accepted so its not limited to a set location. The ability to later run promotions and specials is a great option.

So you do have to add funds to a PayRange account then....

#5968 9 years ago

I'll take it too...

#5974 9 years ago

I don't think Jim has bought and filled a basement with 17 games in under a year.

#5987 9 years ago

Picked up a Flipper Fidelity backbox lighting kit w/flashers for my RBION. I have to say, the stock tube in there is less than stellar. They really did a good job integrating the characters on the translight with the flashers, very well 'orchestrated'.

Check out their stock video here, pretty cool!

#5991 9 years ago

If anyone has a night moves or Caribbean cruise for sale hit me up with a price please.

#6015 9 years ago

I feel the same way about this. WP_20141209_19_07_19_Pro.jpgWP_20141209_19_07_19_Pro.jpg

#6023 9 years ago

Can't own a gun, but CAN have deep fried pies!

1 week later
#6051 9 years ago

This Rollergames keeps coming on and off CL in Coon Rapids. So if you're here, just take my money already!

#6053 9 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I've emailed back and forth more than a few times with him. Can't seem to make up his mind if he wants it or?

Yeah, I don't know, always think it sold, then pops back up again sometime later.

#6058 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Does the price change?

Nope

#6088 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

It sure was the same one. That guy had so many stories. He was weird. Nice, but weird. He strung me along for two weeks. He put the ad up twice while we were talking. I was offering his price the whole time. Then the line went silent. A couple days later he called asked if I wanted it still. I found the situation weird so I offered $100 less. He took it.
I now have the Rollergames. What a under rated game. This is so fun. Fast like my t3
Ro-Ro-ro- Rollergames!

Nice! Good price too.

1 week later
#6123 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

Ahh my old stomping grounds...

Sorry to hear. But even bad pinball is better than no pinball. ST is a fun game. Looking forward to playing the one at Pooley's tomorrow or Saturday. It plays nice thanks to the guys in our crew.
Not bragging, just complimenting our guys.
Oh, and Happy false prophet day my infidel WI/MN cousins! (religious humor)

Nothing but class.

1 week later
#6151 9 years ago

They're was one on CL not long ago... Have you looked there yet?

Edit: Here you go...found it , oh, probably not EM from 81 though huh.

wausau.craigslist.org link

#6153 9 years ago

Ah, well, I thought there were two versions of this made as well. Anyway, hope it works out!

#6212 9 years ago

Hope all is well with Tony, one of the greats.

#6226 9 years ago

I know the odds are great, but I sent an email too, it's a grail pin for me. Odds are better to win the lottery that it's real, and that I'd get it.

#6229 9 years ago

I figure it's kinda like the lottery, if you don't play you'll never win.

#6233 9 years ago

Mine was really nice, barely got bites at 1250.

#6262 9 years ago

I'd agree with John, I think the format they've come up with is really fun.

#6290 9 years ago

Get used to it, happens all the time.

#6301 9 years ago

Too soon?Too soon?

#6306 9 years ago

Looked rough though.

1 week later
#6336 9 years ago

Wish I could have made it, congrats to you Lloyd!

1 week later
#6383 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

thanks. Pinside does not like # in the middle of links.
Glad you are going to make it Ken. Should be a fun time.

! Doesn't like standard punctuation.

3 weeks later
#6470 9 years ago

Thanks for the good times Lloyd, Famous Daves is always good! Not a great night for pinball for me, but good to see the nice crowd, pool players etc. Cheers!

#6508 9 years ago

Yeah, I don't know if Stern knows how popular D&G's parties are, and how hard they all work to make them special, and John running them etc., Probably takes some time for Morts to open and staff the back room etc. Just a big fail on Sterns part, HUGE fail.

#6514 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I doubt they do realize it. D&G always goes WAY above and beyond the standard launch party of format; show up, pay money, play 1 game, qualify in the top 4 or go home. We never thought that was any fun and would never have a launch party if we had to do it that way. It's a launch *party*, it should be special and fun for everyone.

I think we're fortunate here, we have a lot of places that do a lot of events that are just not a tournament. The release parties at Morts are fun, the Pinball Circus is certainly another of those events that don't happen anywhere else. Haven't been to anything at Blainbrook and the event at East Side that I was at was a blast as well, pizza etc. Good times!

#6524 9 years ago

Paul has some machines that he'd be happy to get you started with, you could call it North and Paul.

1 week later
#6624 9 years ago

If any of you are interested in going in on an Escalera to bring machines to Pinball Circus let me know. The more the merrier for sure, but I'll ask what I should bring...

Last Action Hero
Ripley's Believe it or Not!
Whirlwind

What would be your choice of those three?

1 week later
#6699 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Checks out good as far as I can see. Thanks

I have a used DMD that you could try out if you wanted, and if it works out I'd give you deal on it. Only 149.99.

#6701 9 years ago

I was just giving you crap Paul, I'd cut you a good deal on it.

#6720 9 years ago

Insta-collection

#6787 9 years ago

ROFL, that's awesome...

2 weeks later
#6915 9 years ago

Law is law, if you don't like it, try to change it, not circumvent it.

#6916 9 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Wonder what the penalty was. Seems kind of crazy but I suppose it is the law It is funny how many people get busted because of Facebook. Plenty of great beers made in MN though , I'd rather see the MN bars support their locals .

How don't they?

#6924 9 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

The law is weird, but really New Glarus beer could easily be bought and sold in MN if they had a distributor there . It is by by their choice that they do not .

How don't the local bars support MN beer.

#6925 9 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

The law is weird, but really New Glarus beer could easily be bought and sold in MN if they had a distributor there . It is by by their choice that they do not .

No it's not, it's New Glarus choice, read the article.

#6940 9 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I know , that is exactly what I said . Read my last sentence again , the word "their " was referring to New Glarus .

Oh, to me it reads that it was the distributors decision. Right on.

3 weeks later
#7027 8 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Don't think I could tolerate looking at Arnie's face every time I played it. Never even played a LAH. Got anything else FS Paul?

They make an alternate trans light for it, but as far as the game goes, I really like it a lot. One of the better DE's for sure. If that machine was made by Stern today it would be an 8k machine for all the toys it has.

#7028 8 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Was this the LAH that was brought to a Pinball Circus a year or so ago? Pretty fun table. Something about bad 90's films leads to entertaining tables. JM, LAH, TS, CONGO...
(I'm sure there are counter examples that I'm not thinking of.)

No, that was mine. It is a very fun game, fits the theme well (and I didn't hate the movie either).

#7045 8 years ago

Brunswick bowl was the other I believe.

1 week later
#7071 8 years ago
Quoted from policano:

Here's a couple events coming this summer.

image.jpg
image-623.jpg

Boot camp is a cool different idea!

2 weeks later
#7142 8 years ago

I have two Dayton Audio SUB-800's that I'd let go for 125 for both. Brand new un-opened. Sound really good for the price. Shoot me a PM if interested in the Minneapolis area.

#7158 8 years ago

Here's me as Peter Kris back in the day.

WP_20150620_20_20_06_Pro.jpgWP_20150620_20_20_06_Pro.jpg

#7164 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

That's a normal Sunday night for Matt.

Maybe in the 80's....

#7175 8 years ago

Pinball in the metro area ROCKS!

2 years later
#10007 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The wood one is long gone. Sparrows and squirrels tore it up bad. Fell off the building at one point. The plywood letters were severely weather beaten, paint was the only thing holding some of them together.
The new will be channel letters, for every business there. So the hodge podge of mixed signs there now will look better.
LTG : )

But I liked 'Beers and Wines'... ☺️

2 years later
#13418 4 years ago

Picked up a Starship Troopers and curious if anyone might be able to tell me why the Brain Bug sometimes comes out after completing the bugs and sometimes it doesn't.

#13420 4 years ago

Yeah, says it should pop up whenever you complete all the bug in a planet, just trying to figure out why it doesn't sometimes.

#13427 4 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I would recommend bite the bullet pull the mech. Clean it all up and check every switch. The bug come real clean in a ultrasonic and don’t toothbrush. But I found miss adjustment with switches not registering was causing sporadic behavior.

This thing is HUO clean, but yeah, might be worth a look.

#13430 4 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Does it start the hurry up mode and not come up? Or just not start the mode. Check the settings.

I played it tonight and it popped up Everytime a planet was cleared, but yesterday it didn't pop up except for the first olanet. It doesn't really matter, it doesn't change anything in the game other than the million points, it's just a fun thing to do...

I'm sure it's fine, I'll check it out some more.

2 weeks later
#13475 4 years ago

I have a really nice Starship Troopers, HUO is hard to prove but I'd bet it is, that I'd like to trade + cash for something a little more modern. Iron Man would be awesome, but RBION would be fun and other machines like that. If you have interest in something like that let me know! Shoot me your ideas in PM!

#13478 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Did matt buy it :-p

Lol, no, entirely different and coincidence.

2 months later
#13815 4 years ago

Anyone local to Minneapolis have and Iron Man original or Vault for sale?

#13839 4 years ago

Does anyone personally know the gentleman that had the Iron Man HUO in Buffalo for sale? If you could provide a contact I'd like to chat with him. The ad has been removed from Craigslist and just want to know if it's still for sale. We had some contact only though the Craigslist link however.

Thanks!

252 posts in this topic match your search for posts by matt_rasmussen. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider matt_rasmussen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread?tu=matt_rasmussen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.