1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider keylime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14839 3 years ago

Hey guys! Just introducing myself. I bought my first couple of pins earlier this summer. Jason Jehosaphat encouraged me to say"Hi" in this thread. Somewhat new to "Modern" pinball and have been enjoying my pins (TMNT and DP)

Always looking to make more pinball friends! Please drop me a message! Also, really interested in playing a Stranger Things. Would pay for time on one, or happily bring some beers and pizza!

#14841 3 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

St Paul Tap has stranger things pinball, along with 9 more pinball machines,

Neat, do you have any idea if it has the Blacklight mod?

#14857 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It's a two for one today at St. Paul Tap! Not only will Avengers be playable there today, but the new Guns N Roses LE as well! Twice as many reasons to head on down and check out the newest games from Stern and JJP!
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10220983857339114

That's so exciting! Good for them!

#14858 3 years ago

Does anyone know anyone who might be interested in getting rid of a Stranger Things Premium?

4 weeks later
1 year later
#17360 2 years ago

Hey everyone, do you have to buy an additional Wifi dongle for stern insider connected kits? Running ethernet cable isn't realistic for me. I have two extra coming that I thought I was going to sell to a friend but he doesn't seem interested. So I have two premium kits otw if anyone would like to buy them from me. Just asking for what I paid. Otherwise I'll just hang on to them and put them in the next couple games I pick up. No big deal.

Amazed Jason_Jehosaphat 's TNA hasn't sold. It's in great shape. The LED drops look real pretty too. Crazy no one has bought it yet. I don't understand why?

Vitty Did you find a Spiderman vault? Those are so cool. I hope you find one soon, that game is awesome! The vault art pack is so much better than the original.

I'm really hoping Venom is good. Curious to see where they'll go with the art if ZY is on it or someone else. I think I would like it if someone else other than ZY did Venom. The Spiderman Vault edition has such great clean and clearly lined artwork. ZY tends to go heavy on the detail. Sometimes it's distracting from the "big picture" Of course everything he touches is incredible. I'm sure he'd do a great Venom art package.

Hoping for a lot of flippers for Venom. Hoping it's just crazy. Iron Maiden was the last 4 flipper game and that was years ago now. Seeing how it's Eddy designing Venom, I don't think it'll be more than two flippers though.

NightTrain Good luck with your search. That game is one of my favorites. I'd love to own one someday. As a Turtles Premium owner myself, what are your thoughts on yours? I see you're looking to trade.

11 months later
#18609 1 year ago

Hey guys, what are the rumors on Stern's next game? March reveal? What else have we heard?

#18637 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I have a Zeppelin Pro new in box if you are interested. $7k shipped to your curb.

They put an LZ pro at Flaherty's a little while back and every time I play that game I like it more and more. Cool game for that price, for sure!

#18638 1 year ago

https://hard-drive.net/i-know-exactly-whats-going-on-claims-giant-fucking-liar-playing-pinball/

It's neat to be reminded of the non-player's perspective on pinball. It's also cool that pinball is continuing to grow at the rate that it is. This website, while satirical, pumps out content and jokes that are supposed to be relatable to the reader. There must be enough pinball playing friends that this article was worth writing. A neat indicator of pinball culture's growth indeed!

1 month later
#18772 1 year ago

Anyone know if Dean from "Dean's Vending" has a pinside account?

#18780 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan_Halen:

Trying to get a game fixed?

No, I just had a few questions for him about his Flaherty's location. Most importantly if he was planning on rotating any of his pins out. He's had LZ pro, Aiq pro and Mando pro for a while. Aiq can stay, that game is deep as hell. I know a lot other people come for Mando, so I wouldn't ask that leaves because I know that would upset a lot of people. I don't think anyone is playing a lot of Zeppelin anymore though and it would be nice to trade it out for Rush or 007 or Godzilla. Something from the last year or two. Who knows, maybe he'll hook us up with a Foo Fighters when that comes out next month!

I also think he could squeeze 1 more pin in there without rearranging any of his other redemption games in the are and it wouldn't impact bowling or other arcade traffic.

#18782 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Problem is 4 more pins might not earn more. Just move money around with the pins already there. And buying 4 more pins is a lot of money these days.
He's a pretty sharp operator. He knows what the location can do.
LTG : )

True and a good point. I misworded what I was trying to say. I've since fixed my post. I meant he could squeeze 1 more pin in there to total 4 pins for the place instead of the current 3.

1 week later
#18798 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Looking for a cheap machine for a friend's 9 year old son. This young boy has Down Syndrome and was recently diagnosed with Leukimia. He was in the hospital and had a chance to play pinball. According to the family he really enjoyed it.
Not looking for handouts but if you have something in the $800 range shoot me a message. Game doesn't have to be 100%, more looking for something he can enjoy while he is stuck in the house.

While it's not the same, it is similar, digital pinball has come a long ways and is pretty enjoyable on Xbox, Playstation and I think Nintendo switch has a couple games as well. Look for studio by the name of "Zen Studios" or " Zen Pinball". Even on android and apple tablets and phones. If the budget is $800. "Pinball FX" or "Pinball FX3" should be the name of the games to look for. They have a bunch of Williams and bally remakes on top of oodles of original games with cool themes like Marvel or Star Wars.

(Edit because I forgot about these but) Arcade 1Up has small digital tables that come with artwork and a collection of either Williams, star wars or marvel as well.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=arcade+pinball&_dyncharset=UTF-8&_dynSessConf=&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=&sp=&qp=&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

PC is of course the best route if you have more capable hardware than a console but that hardware costs much more than $800 if you don't have it already.

Poor Kid, Cancer sucks. If he'd like to come to my house and play my couple games he's more than welcome.

#18836 1 year ago
Quoted from Gopher4653:

Still looking for an Iron Maiden or Aerosmith pro. Anyone?

I would contact https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/scot0308. He's looking to thin his rather large collection out by a couple games. He's got a nice Iron Maiden Pro that's in wonderful shape! He's a great seller and he loves the hobby. He's a lot of fun to work with and visit with.

1 week later
#18893 1 year ago

Hello!

I am in the process of purchasing a Stern "Stars" from 1978. The PF and mechanicals look awesome. The cabinet and coin door do not. Does anyone make reproduction cabs and coin doors anymore? It would be so fun to have a "near new" game from 1978. I checked for coin doors on ebay, marco and pinballlife but I couldn't find anything. I understand it's very old but I figured something would be out there. I just don't know where to look!

Thanks in advance!

1 week later
#18980 1 year ago
Quoted from izzymonkey:

Not at TPF. Sat here in South Mpls. Pinsider Neil from Scotland has posted a number of GTF videos on YT. Here's the latest:

GTF looks like good clean fun. I absolutely cannot wait to play one!

2 weeks later
#19088 1 year ago

Anyone looking for a Stern Home Edition?

I have both Star Wars: Home Edition (Comic art) and Jurassic Park: Home Edition for sale.

Both under 170 plays and in "Like New" condition.

$3700 each. Discount if you take the pair.

Both are fun games and I hate to see them go but I've recently fallen in love with Bond Premium.

Easy loadout. Will help with loadout. Delivery within reason is possible too.

#19095 1 year ago

Other than LITT, who else has a Foo Fighters on location? Are any of them Premiums/LE ? I'd like to try that upper PF...

Pinball map just says Midtown in St. Cloud has a pro.

Surely there are other locations around the Twin Cities that have it!

#19107 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

I can vouch for me looking for a Star Trek Premium...

Glen VonMaluski is selling his. Looks to be in wonderful shape and the price is fair!

#19108 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Vitty's pinball garage will have an LE Foo shortly as well Always welcome to come try it out!

I've been to this magical place. It is quite a dream. Nic is a great guy and no one should hesitate reaching out to him.
Hell of a player too!

1 week later
#19198 12 months ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Currently listed as out-of-stock but I sent in a hail mary email. Would be awesome to find a NOS part regardless of condition.
If anybody has one laying around I'd love to take it off your hands. Or if anybody has experience repairing something like this I would be in your debt for any insight and information that could be provided.

Godspeed.

I'm looking at marcospecialties and there seems to be individual parts depending on what you need.
Could you possibly sort through, pick and choose and build your own?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=stern%20spinner&VIEW_SIZE=12&VIEW_INDEX=2&view=card&sortOrder=SortKeywordRelevancy

#19199 12 months ago

I'm out of my blitz wax and it's time to order more wax. I see they also sell "Mill wax" on PBL. Does anyone have a preference? Are there better waxes out there? My one and only experience with waxing pinball machines has been with Blitz wax.

Thank you!

#19233 11 months ago

Short of building them yourself, what are those little narrow tables in between pinball machines all over the place called? Does anyone make them for sale?

1 week later
#19286 11 months ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Still looking to move my TWD Premium and/or Stargate. No trades, open to offers. Hmm, time to try FB Marketplace?

Reach out to Scot0308

He is looking for a clean Stargate!

#19324 11 months ago

Wow! A rare sighting of someone who has never played before but has done all their research and even made an account and posted in the regional thread. I bet we could count on one hand the amount of times that's happened on pinside.

Welcome! There are SO many cool people to meet, places to play and times to be had. Please keep us updated on your journey!

#19335 11 months ago

Had some unexpected surgeries and a big surprise home repair all right after one another. Sold my collection off and lastly

James Bond Premium,

Freshly opened and under 100 plays. Perfect in every way and running current code.
Added Mirror blades. (They look fantastic! )
Kickout lowered to minimum before game 1 and generic shooter lane protector installed. Cliffys are on order but he's super backed up right now. Can pass on your address to Cliff to have them mailed to you as they are already paid for.
Upgraded wifi dongle for Stern Insider Connected
Included in sale is the custom Bond banner and the official Stern Bond trade show banner.

$8,800 obo

(will contribute to pinside if this procs a deal before I make an official ad this weekend)

#19341 11 months ago
Quoted from Dan_Halen:

Out of curiosity, why did you lower the kickout power? Is this a thing?
I worked on one yesterday that had the black sticker that follows up the ramp on the back wall overlapping the metal ball guide, this was from the factory. It was just enough transition to ensure the ball almost never went up that back ramp.
Can’t upload a pic, but it was so dumb.

Good morning, Dan!

I lower the kickout power on newer games because minimum power is usually plenty to dispense the ball, and less energy hopefully equals less damage and wear to the shooter lane.

Edit *especially if I dont have cliffy protectors installed yet*

#19417 11 months ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/157668

Fresh James Bond Premium with a couple of nice upgrades for grabs at a large discount!

#19418 11 months ago

Anybody know if Starcade settled on a new location? I'm heartbroken they're moving from Roseville as they are super close to me. My kids and I love going there. Nothing like being able to take your kids to an arcade and then walking over to the movie theater to go catch a movie with your kids in 2023.

#19425 11 months ago

I am traveling to Des Moines to deliver my bond on Monday, if anyone wants me to bring a pin back for them let me know.

#19466 11 months ago
Quoted from brobra:

Whirlwind if anyone is looking to trade….

Keep in mind WW just got that cool upgrade kit available. Very cool!

1 week later
#19512 10 months ago
Quoted from AmyE:

Hi guys- I'm looking to have a Mr and Mrs Pacman transported from Kenosha to Spokane, WA. Any suggestions on who can do this, and ballpark estimates of what it should cost me? Thanks for the help!

The most experienced pin movers we have here locally are Chad brobra and Steve Sterpins . I vouch for both of them completely. Both make trips all over and move all kinds of machines for fair prices.

#19513 10 months ago
Quoted from bulletbait:

I've been to their existing location and had a good time, but unfortunately it's really not a great deal for pinball. They had 4 machines and only 1 was on free play (Simpsons Pinball Party), while also being in very rough shape maintenance-wise. The newer Sterns were pay to play (75c I think?) on top of the entry fee. Still worth it if you also like arcade games, as those are pretty much all on free play, but not a good value prop for purely pinball players.

Unless it changed recently, it was .50c for the premium/LE games when I was there this winter. All the non premium/LE games were free.

1 week later
#19531 10 months ago

Anyone heard from Chumples and see how his first month into the hobby is going? C'mon bro, give us an update!

#19547 10 months ago

Anyone interested in the Star Wars Comic Banner "Luke" version? I bought it a while ago and haven't used/displayed it. Open to a fair offer and would like to see it go somewhere where it would be displayed.

1 week later
#19589 9 months ago

What can we do to make th

Quoted from Beaster:

Does anyone know where to find a GTF to play at a location in Minneapolis? I am here visiting from Canada and been dying to try one. Litt Pinball Bar is was supposed to have one but I went there last night and it was moved last week. Not sure to where.
Any help would be appreciated!

Have you watched the Deadflip stream of GTF?

It was a disaster. I was 100% in until I saw that stream. The people from American Pinball didn't care about the game. They mention more than once how they don't know the rules (and that they should), and that they didn't even bother to level the game before playing it. After an hour they got bored and drastically changed the rules so they could all just see how many cows they could collect. I backed out after I saw that. Their own people didn't even want to play the game.

I played the one at LITT because I had some hope that maybe it wasn't as bad as the stream or what people were saying. My son and I both played 5 games. So many balls deflected off the tank shots over the flippers and out. Flippers couldnt make it up the left ramp half the time. It's a beautiful looking game but for a guy who wanted to love the game, It's all heartbreak. Please do yourself the favor and check out the stream and for sure play one before you buy it.

1 week later
#19632 9 months ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

My jacked up Mando is still available. It's fun, it's fast, it's challenging... hell, some might even say interesting.

What's wrong with your mando? What's "Jacked up" about it?

#19638 9 months ago

Flaherty's added Ghostbusters Pro and James Bond Pro recently. They're up to 5 machines now and they're playing real nice!

I think Bad Penny is adding Mystery Castle soon! Pretty cool. Pinball continues to grow in the Twin Cities. You gotta love it!

1 month later
#19917 8 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I have a fair maiden of premium pedigree who needs a new consort. If you have one of your own that is three-hundred feet tall with skin as coarse as a crocodile's and breath as withering as days-old offal, perhaps we could arrange an exchange. PM me with proposals.

That has to be the most elaborate way to convey " I want to trade my IMDN Premium for a Godzilla Premium" that I've ever read.

2 weeks later
#19980 7 months ago

Venom sightings, anyone?
PRO’s began shipping last Friday.

Just got back from Bad Penny, theirs is playing great. I had a lot of fun on the pro. The activity in the middle of the playfield is really fun with all of those non mech slings bouncing the ball all over. It was a lot more fun than I thought it would be!

2 weeks later
#20049 6 months ago

Tough day to list a Stranger Things!

Anyone heard about the not backwards compatible new projector they're putting on the new premiums? Wouldn't you just need a diff apron and the new projector? I've never owned one but I think I remember seeing that the old one is HDMI isn't it?

It's really tempting because there isn't another game like it with the projector and the UV lighting. As a pinball machine it is so unique that way. The layout is generally pretty good. That little kickout shot is kinda lame and that hole center left is lame but the rest of the game is a total banger. The soundtrack is awesome, the colors. THE VIBE. Stoked they are making more of this game and hopefully we will see more on route.

What is the rumor on Jaws lately? March? Will there be another Stern cornerstone this year?

1 week later
#20084 6 months ago

I think venom LE looks awesome. Haven't played the premium playfield yet tho. The pro to my suprise was fast enough that I am always worried about making my next shot more than I'm worried about how open the middle of the PF is. The activity in the middle of the PF reminds me of older EM style float/bounce which is fun and nice to see in a modern game too. I really, really like Venom and am greatly looking forward to playing a premium or LE.

The LE also looks totally rad. Love that armor and that color!

2 weeks later
#20149 5 months ago

What's with the TMNT and LZ pricing lately dropping 2k? Do you think they'll drop lower? Any other titles that might follow suit?

I get that they need to move old inventory, but doesn't this hurt the distributor's cut? Maybe distros are just happy to recover the cash?

I haven't been in the hobby long enough to see a price drop like this.

1 week later
#20178 5 months ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

no, I have one. I've had mine a long time now, so don't need this one.

Just out of curiosity, how hard is it to get the " Starry Apron" upgrade after you've purchased the machine? Or is that a factory add on only?

3 weeks later
#20327 4 months ago

Hey guys, how do I change my name on here to "Riff-Raff" ?

3 weeks later
#20430 3 months ago
Quoted from Whistles:

It's 50 and raining here on christmas- happy holidays to all, don't worry there will be plenty of flaky white reasons to stay inside and play pinball all day to come!

It felt weird as the elderly family members were leaving today to not have to escort them to their vehicles so they don't slip as there was zero ice. In Minnesota. In December.

1 week later
#20448 3 months ago

Jaws is looking pretty cool. Anyone "Biting" ?

#20451 3 months ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I am. I bet Tilt gets a Pro followed by an LE. Should be a good earner on route. I'll have an LE in the house (hopefully late Feb) if anyone wants to journey out on Hwy 55 to give her a few rips.

Congrats on the LE. It really looks like a fun game. I appreciate how the upper PF looks like it has a few exits. I like the concept of getting a chance to hit a shot and then being done with the area. Not having to figure out how to stay up there. If you hit it, great. If you don't, no big deal. Either way you're done and moving on. I also noticed in the trailer the LE cab has that cool color shift artwork. Is that standard on all LE's now? I saw it on Godzilla the last time I was at Litt. Forgot to look for it on Venom while I was there, though.

1 week later
#20489 3 months ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Would love your opinion fellow chaps. What's safer to own for a couple weeks currently? As in not lose more than average on moving it on:
-Godzilla Prem
-Stranger Things Prem

Pure numbers wise, I have to believe there's way more Godzillas out there than Sthings premiums. Especially if you can get ahold of the UV kit.

Quoted from LTG:

Chad Shapiro. Great guy. He can help move and set up. Posts on Pinside as brobra , send him a PM.
LTG : )

I can vouch that Chad Shapiro is an awesome choice for help with moving games. If he's busy you could try Steve Anderson. He's really great too! PM me for their numbers. *Both usually have pretty good inventory on games they want to move too if you're looking for an additional game.

#20502 3 months ago
Quoted from brobra:

Looking for a Deadpool pro, may consider a premo.

I know Dan raindog151 has been looking to trade his really nice DP Premium for a while. He's ideally looking for a CC if I remember correctly but last I checked he was open to offers.

#20509 3 months ago
Quoted from Barkz:

I always preferred the B&W version on this. Would be cool to get more playfield changes like this and Elvira BRK on models when applicable.

I wholeheartedly agree. The Munsters makes the most sense in black and white and it looks incredible that way. I love the colored LEDs against the black and white playfield.

I'm hearing some whispers of an all black and white release of Godzilla premium in the works and my hopes are high. That would be so awesome! The black and white + red Elvira looks great. I'm sure Godzilla would look as good or better!

1 week later
#20536 86 days ago

I believe Lloyd and Harry rode a minibike across Colorado, not a scooter. I don't have a minibike, no. I dreamt of having one as a child though. Yeah, the round trip for me to Mankato is more than two hours.

Sounds like it's time to make some childhood dreams come true!

1 week later
#20578 73 days ago

Stopped by the ever so wonderful SS Billiards today for some Pulp Fiction.

Beautiful game. Fun to play! Stop in!

1 week later
#20605 64 days ago

Brought my son and my nephews to SS Billiards today. We had a blast as always and I was impressed by Hot Wheels and Galactic Tank Force! They're really beautiful games! I don't know where another Hot Wheels on route is. He also said he's getting the rest of the AP lineup as well very soon. Very exciting for SS Billiards. Also played some more Pulp Fiction. Might just be my favorite game in there!

1 month later
#20712 7 days ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Thanks Lloyd!
Been off FB for several years now. Do you have any direct contact information. Feel free to PM me if so.

I PM'd you Ben Granger's and Steve Anderson's phone numbers. Both are highly recommended. Have fun at your event!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider keylime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread?tu=keylime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.