1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnttwo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15917 3 years ago

Wondering if anyone on this thread bought the Addams Fam listed on FB market place for 6500? I thought I had it but A+ for nutting up and just Venmoing her the full price.

If ya got it what kind of shape was it in? Looked nice!

1 week later
#15965 3 years ago

Looking for a MM in the Sconny Minney area. If you are thinking of selling shoot me a PM. Take the shipping hassle out of it. Thanks John

#15974 3 years ago

I would love to feed some quarters into a new JP in the twin cities area. Considering one for the basement. If you know where one is please let me know. Thanks

#15978 3 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Hudson tap if you want to be even closer. I will be starting summer pinball league there in about a month if interested. We play on Tuesday nights.

Yes that would be fun. Did a league night as a sub last week while out of town.

#16026 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Headed down to St. Louis Sat/Sun 4/10-4/11. Can haul games up and down.
Can bring these games down for delivery (or any others listed or on hand). PM for details.
Jurassic Park the Lost World
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Zacc Time Machine

That Time Machine will end up in a museum of a high end collection.

2 weeks later
#16076 3 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Finally got back to St Paul Tap with my son
to play a few on Guns N' Roses LE.
Played quite a few games but still need more time.
What really stood out was that playfield!
Man, what a light show!!!

Did the right flipper button fall out of the machine while playing? Hopefully fixed by now.

#16080 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Dam, that's a nice EATPM. Really miss mine. I'd possibly be interested.

Sorry I thought you were the guy in norther MN who had an interest. Burnsville is close no need to meet in the middle.

Just hoping my wife doesn't play it and love it or it will be coming off the market. I gotta feeling she will love that right return ramp that feels like you are on a big slide at the fair.

2 weeks later
#16120 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Wanted: Minneapolis-area welder who can repair a failed spot weld on a Stern stainless ramp.
If you have ever examined a stainless Stern ramp, you know they're made from laser-cut pieces of 16-gauge plate steel and spot welded together with a minimum of welds - in this case six. These spot welds are apparently not very strong as all six of them have failed on this Catapult ramp from BKSOR. I would rather not buy a replacement from Stern as they are unresponsive to parts orders from distros right now as they focus on making/selling new games. I would include a photo of my ramp here, but I can't post photos to this thread. If the joint is tight, can I flow solder in it? Would that be strong enough? The stock joint is *barely* a spot weld. I have no welder and certainly no oxyacetylene torch, but I do have Mapp gas and plumbers' solder.

Soldering could work. The flux is critical to have it adhere. About any sheet metal shop can do it. Cleaning up the spot welds can be tricky.

2 weeks later
#16251 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I passed on a bad deal to me. Biggest problem was logistics. Getting everything back was a 13+ hour drive one way. Everything needed a lot of work. Lot's of pinballs I wanted to bring back with me but when it was all said and done it was more cost effective to just say "thank you for your time". Plus I'd have to rent space to store everything. I have over an hour video documenting everything that was for sale. I'll have to upload it sometime.

Umm maybe you wouldn't have to rent space

1 week later
#16282 2 years ago

Looking to put my original AFM collector quality condition machine for sale ad up soon. Thanks John

2 weeks later
#16347 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Anyone near the Twin Cities going anywhere near Toledo, Ohio anytime soon? One of my T-Tops blew off my Trans Am last night because of a nasty road half under construction, and these T Tops are basically impossible to find. I found one very close to Toledo, Ohio on Ebay. I don't have time to drive all the way out there, and even if he decides to maybe ship it i'm afraid of it shattering during shipment. So, if anyone in the area is heading out that way in the near future, please LMK. Thanks...

I maybe making a run that way I will keep you posted

2 weeks later
#16412 2 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

Prices are crazy right now, but like everything else this too will self-correct. In a manipulated market awash in liquidity, “everybody has money”. That will ends when one or more of the bubbles (like the housing market) bursts. Interestingly enough I saw Wells Fargo recently announced ending personal lines of credit. One wonders what they see on the horizon. Pretty sad we are going to have to witness 2008 all over again.

This to some is or would be great. The 2008 crashed changed my life for the better. I am ready for another wash, rinse, repeat.

1 month later
#16613 2 years ago

Looking for a nice Congo, TOM, or IJ.

Heck for that matter any nice game at a fair price hot me up.

I have a nice Addams and TZ for trade or sale as well.

Thanks John

1 month later
#16779 2 years ago

Looking to trade a Godzilla LE for a MM Royal. Willing to meet up 1/2 way. Thanks John

#16819 2 years ago

Anyone else going to be picking up a Halloween from the TC area?

#16835 2 years ago
Quoted from thetylander:

Interesting forum! It seems to cover many topics. My profile location may (or may not) say Gulf Breeze Florida but we live in Elk Mound Wisconsin. Every time I change it, the thing reverts back, maybe because that address was verified by pinside years ago and our current one isn’t? Doesn’t matter.
Anyway, this seems to be the place where I should ask the tough questions, connect with those regular pinball posters on Craigslist and read or share our miscellaneous ramblings.
Does anyone know who bough the Kings of Steel last week and the South Park yesterday? Whoever you are, you move fast! Granted, both are meh games according to popular opinion, but I like them!
South Park was only up for a few hours, but Brobra had his Black Knight on Craigslist for almost a month… the world is messed up!
Here’s the tough one. I am looking for a Black Rose, any condition. (Why do I like the less popular games?) if anyone can find one for a decent price it would be much appreciated.
Lastly, just a rambling. I have recently gotten back into owning pinball machines after a four year absence. We sold off when my stepmom died so we could do a one truck move back to Wisconsin to take care of my father. After he passed in 2020, pinball and old British cars came back into my life and helped keep me going. There’s nothing like a government enforced lockdown and a funeral to make you happy to be alive.
I’m still practicing my Minnesota sarcasm, I may have grown up in St. Paul but I’m a bit rusty. All those years of learning southern hospitality and courtesy are the exact opposite of Minnesota nice.
I’ll finish with one of my grandma’s jokes, a huge purple fan:
I saw a kid throwing a football at a brick wall the other day, it kept bouncing off and he would run over 20 feet leap on it and curl into a ball. Then he’d get up, then throw it and do the same thing over and over again. I found out later that he was the new Vikings Quarterback!

A chexx hockey went with the south park yesterday and the guy who bought it paid way more for both.

2 months later
#17172 2 years ago

Looking for a Metallica Prem or LE. Willing to drive, maybe driving to FL

#17180 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

….anywhere else?

Costco Business location by 280 and 35w

#17183 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

That usually leads me to the 4 packs and not the cases of 12.

Costco Busniess has 24 packs.

2 weeks later
#17224 2 years ago

Looking for a WOZ or Metallica

2 weeks later
#17269 2 years ago

Merry Christmas be a Santa still looking for a Metallica

#17281 2 years ago

Zilla LE and EHOH 40th NIB for sale or trade. Will contribute to PS if I make a deal. Looking for a Metallica

1 week later
#17301 2 years ago

Regional Pinheads: How Are You Weathering the Pinball Market?
Just wondering what those of you here who haven't got bottomless pockets are doing that is helping you keep your spirits up.
It seems more and more I am complaining to my various friends about being priced out of the hobby. I used to be excited because there were always real possibilities around every corner. Now HUO games are bringing 20-40% more than they did just two years ago and NIB pins are backordered for months/years. I s'pose you're fine if you have a collection and you want to rotate one out. You sell your pin for a fortune and then spend that fortune to get another. Easy. But if you have a habit of taking a bath on the pins you sell (as I have), how can you possibly buy another pin with the proceeds?
To tide me over, I bought a "project" pin - my first. It's a WMS System-7 from '81. Yeah, it's OLD. I had it shipped here. It was misrepresented a bit, but when you describe a sale pin as a "project," you sort of indemnify yourself to the buyer. As in, well, what did you expect?! It's a project! So yeah, I have a lot of work in front of me before I can even plug it in. (Sent the boards off for rehab'ing today; six weeks turnaround.) I recently shopped a TZ and that was a serious grind. I said I wouldn't do it again, so I bought a Spooky pin afterward. That game disappointed in various ways, too, and I find myself yearning for a Stern again. But can I buy a NIB? Yes and no. Yes if I want to spend $7K for a PRO and get on a list and wait six months, but who wants to do that? I root around for new distributors and ask them for inventory lists, hoping to find a fresh source of worthwhile games. Right now I'm finding Beatles, STh, Beatles, Mando, Beatles, LZ, and Turtles. I will keep looking! And I will keep resurrecting this '81 System-7!

I’ve always enjoyed I mean loved pinball. Just started collecting last year. By far the funniest most inexpensive hoppy one can have IMHO. I don’t understand the people who would cheer on prices dropping.

What amount of price drop would you enjoy seeing? 20%?

1 month later
#17390 2 years ago

Still looking for a Metallica any version. Thanks John

4 weeks later
#17496 2 years ago

Still looking for a Metallica

1 week later
#17532 2 years ago

Looking for a Metallica premium

#17535 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Mine isn’t for sale but it is on free play

Will be over Saturday!!!

1 week later
#17554 2 years ago

Along with my search for a Metallica I am also searching for a collector quality Strikes and Spares. Thanks John

2 weeks later
#17597 2 years ago

Sounds like a awesome idea, maybe having a south east group could be do able as well. How many guys on the southeast side of town would like to do this?

And at the end maybe we have a east west shoot out, the top 4 best from the west, have a shoot out with the 4 top beast from the east and have a home metro champ!

thoughts?

#17625 2 years ago

If anyone wants to get a Zilla premium early and wants to pay a little extra, or has anything to trade let me know. Available next week. NIB

2 months later
#17895 1 year ago

Interested in buying a IM Prem

2 weeks later
#17995 1 year ago

Looking for a Strikes and Spares.

#18022 1 year ago

Ghosted?
Why not just man up and say,

He manned up and responded to this thread, and you can see it still did not make people that happy.

AS for Ben's reputation it is fair to say and point out I was not the first or second caller but he did GIVE me a nice slot machine and stand for FREE!

Treat others the way you want to be treated I guess is a good rule to go by.

#18028 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Yeah, no matter WHO the buyer is, AT LEAST reply back to the text or answer the phone to let him know you already sold it.

Ever had a tire kicker over for 2 hours, playing the game asking all kinds of questions that don’t really matter, toss out a low ball offer and have to ask them to leave? Lots more to the story.

#18035 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I think the real issue isn’t what you describe. It’s the post referring to someone as a “weirdo, time waster”. I don’t know how anyone can conclude that is appropriate. I’ve met Jason and have had positive interactions with him. In fact, he was once generous enough to drop off a pinball related item for me free of charge at my doorstep. He’s certainly passionate about pinball and I hope we all welcome him back to the thread. Remember, no one is perfect. We all have our quirks.

Thats nice to read. Thanks

#18039 1 year ago
Quoted from isJ:

Nah I'm normal af. Just like all pinball people.

LMAO!

I am weird af, guess I found out some pinball people view being called a weirdo as a negative thing, call me a weirdo and I will smile all day long. It is like a badge of honor to me

1 month later
#18229 1 year ago

Looking for a White Water and Strikes and Spares.

#18241 1 year ago

Looking to trade a Zilla premium still strapped for your tricked out Maiden premium.

4 weeks later
#18332 1 year ago

Still looking to trade my NIB Zilla

1 week later
#18367 1 year ago
Quoted from BadgeringBadger:

Ah, probably more than I'd want to spend on it. I'm looking for a premium model.

I also have a premium still strapped.

3 weeks later
#18467 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Anyone from the Chicago area coming to the Twin Cities any time soon? Joe Balcer has a TSPP he needs to get to me. Joe lives in Streamwood.
I've checked with Chad and it may be possible. Just trying to get it done on the cheap for Joe.

I maybe running down with room for a game from msp to chi

#18492 1 year ago

Looking to make a Chicago run from Saint paul. Room for one going down.

#18501 1 year ago

Getting a Fishy Lies ready for the sales block

1 month later
#18615 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Just checking (or perhaps just being an ass… which I have been known to do) but has this thread been known to provide better next Stern game predictions than the semi-official prediction thread(s)?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine

Yes

#18625 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Right… perhaps you could you point to those posts? Or are you just being a wise-ass as well?

Your smart, thoughtful it would be funny.

2 weeks later
#18712 1 year ago

Looking for Strikes and Spares.

#18721 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I highly recommend a buck hunter reloaded. I’ve been having a blast with mine. My wife and kids love it too. Don’t even play my pins anymore. I got my cactus canyon LE yesterday. I set it up and played three games. Then I went straight back to buck hunter.
Honestly thinking about just getting rid of all my pins. I don’t play them. Wife and kids don’t play them. I think I’d rather just buy a side by side and other toys the whole family can all enjoy.

Did you get the one with the monthly subscription?

I have been kicking around getting one, maybe the pro2?

1 month later
#18852 1 year ago
Quoted from roffels:

Is there anyone here in Minneapolis/St. Paul that could help weld a Judge Dredd wireform? The wireforms detached from the metal leading into inlane and I get some nasty ball hops and cheap drains. I'm happy to pay for your time.

I could weld it up.

3 weeks later
#19008 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Chicago gaming build quality is really good and the remakes are great. I could tell a lag on MM early remake but games since have been spot on.
Anxious to play LLoyds PF

Not mine

#19021 1 year ago

Anyone have a original working DMD for a Addams family? thanks

#19055 1 year ago

A classic heading home to Chi Town, later a new classic is leaving the pin capital.

Crap no pics!

#19074 1 year ago

Anyone looking to upgrade their AFM SE for LE?

3 weeks later
#19206 12 months ago

Looking for Strikes and spares. Will pick up. TIA.

#19229 11 months ago

Anyone looking to trade a Bond pro for a IM pro with shaker, LED speaker lights and couple other mods?

Thanks

2 months later
#19620 9 months ago

Looking to trade my FF LE NIB for a IM LE.

3 months later
#20078 6 months ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

If anyone is interested in a green JP LE, from the "first run" of LEs, let me know and I'll provide more detail.
And make a tier 7 contribution.

Kinda

Quoted from Deadpool66:

Fargo pinball a good place to order a nib game?

Bery good! First class

3 weeks later
#20154 5 months ago
Quoted from ichuckle:

I imagine this is like any other industry that works with distributors. The distros have real costs associated with sitting on machines. I'm sure the writting is on the wall and they KNOW they will not move the bottom tier pins like TMNT and LZ at MSRP. It's better to sell at a loss than to keep losing money by holding on to it.

I was surprised to find a couple Rush machines discounted. I still bought a used premium but was kinda surprised by that. And a couple distros with NIB premiums were not budging on nickle off MSRP since they only had one machine. I saw a distro ad for a discounted Rush as well. I believe that title it will just be a blip on the radar.

1 month later
#20316 4 months ago
Quoted from evh347:

Looking forward to checking out NPC at some point. I loved checking out the new LITT location.
I can’t help but echo the others, I really wish we had a similar style location south of the cities. Something near the Apple Valley area would be awesome. You have to think that w/ all the development of businesses in that area, someone would find a great place to put up an awesome Barcade.
I just have no desire to be anywhere near the cities anymore w/ all the riff raff you have to worry about nowadays.

Dude and one thing I know for sure is you can out cook that riff raff any day! The BBQ king!!!!!!!!!!

#20318 4 months ago
Quoted from EmLover1970:

Huh, “riff raff”…
I wonder what that could be code for? Hmm…
Does the amount of riffraff vary? Seems to me, it would be fairly constant…
Traffic or parking issues, sure. Distance one has to travel, I get it. But what could you possibly mean by such a comment? Did a bunch of meth heads from rural Kentucky suddenly move into the Twin Cities? I didn’t hear about that.

Well one of my buddies had a gun put to his head as they stole his work truck with all the tools in it.

My sister had her catalytic converter cut out, sounded cool though.

I think it is riff raff who spray paint graffiti all over stuff.

Drive in from the west on Lake street and take it all the way to 55 and you can see lots of riff raff.

Sad the riff raff has turned it in to Minnie-crap-olis

I lived here my whole life, lived by several of the lakes, what an embarrassment that wonderful city has become

#20320 4 months ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

There is riffraff everywhere. Suburbs have it as well.

We had a cabin up in Kimball, Playland ballroom lots of good memories there.

Are you saying some suburbs are having a rash/influx of catalytic converter thefts?

I'm out in the country so out of the loop so to say

#20322 4 months ago
Quoted from skink91:

Out of the loop? And here I thought you were an expert on where the riff-raff was and what cities needed to be made great again?

Nope I only know where I see signs of riff raff like graffitti, and theft that happens to my friends and family no expert. No idea about your last comment though.

My apologies if I somehow offended you

#20329 4 months ago
Quoted from Keylime:

Hey guys, how do I change my name on here to "Riff-Raff" ?

Start a new account, then select a user name like Minneapolis, Hennepin and First, Lake Street, or something similar.

#20335 4 months ago
Quoted from bane:

Wisconsin: where the cars are on blocks and the houses are on wheels

Hey I resemble that fact, 2 bedroom, menards house, by the tracks. Living a dream

#20336 4 months ago
Quoted from roffels:

I live in the city. I live by one of the hotspots for gunshots in Minneapolis, and it sucks. 2020-2022 was especially bad. It's been quieter this year than last, but still not good being near it. You never know when you're going to get caught in a bad situation. I don't ever feel like I've been targeted, but when there's gang conflicts and drive by shootings, they really don't care who gets hurt along the way. Between that, and the joyrider/car thefts where at least two cars hit my apartment building, it's been... interesting. That said, I walk all over the city, and I'm comfortable doing so. I'm most worried about inattentive drivers when I'm trying to cross a street than I am about crime.
That said, there's a lot I love here. The music scene. The pinball scene. The people. And sometimes, you can't talk openly about your experiences because folks just think you're fear-mongering. A lot of this crap is street by street.

I lived in the third precinct for a while, then just north or Harriet, then in North Minneapolis on Cleveland.

Thanks for you honest report both good and bad.

4 months later
#20707 13 days ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Does anybody know of a Twin Cities based op/distro that rents pins/arcade games for events?
I have a client doing an event in June at the MCC and wants to get some games on site. Not sure on the actual number of games yet but i'm assuming some modern sterns and bally williams games would be ideal. Maybe a Big Buck Hunter, Golden Tee and some of the new shooters (raw thrills, etc) too.
Appreciated any info. Thanks!

I do rentals for weekend events.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnttwo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread?tu=johnttwo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.