1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joetechbob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7184 8 years ago

Looking at a pin in Kenosha WI. Is anyone by chance heading from that area to the Twin Cities (or surrounding area) in the next month or so? Extra money/bonus points if you are coming through Fargo

Thought about making the drive, but 9.5 hours one way is just too damn far for one pin.

#7186 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I'll be driving around there in July, but I'll be in the race car doesn't fit a pin unless it is a zizzle

Heh--I'll send you some ratchet straps so you can mount it to your roof ...Could make for a good time if you plug it into a big inverter and leave the head up.

#7188 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you can figure a way to get it to my business ( Hopkins, MN ) I can hold for you to pick up. Cut some of your travel time off.
LTG : )™

Thanks Lloyd--much appreciated. If I figure out a way to make it happen you're more than welcome to keep it out for play until I'm able to pick it up.

#7191 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh man I was just near there yesterday, came back empty too. I've got a van.

Dang. Let me know if you end up heading back that way before ~end of July.

#7197 8 years ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

What is it? ...... or is it a secret till it arrives on the prairie

prairie.jpg

Haha--classic. Unfortunately it probably won't feel little when I carry it downstairs into my arcade space :S

Nothing exciting for most...Actually, it probably sounds stupid given all of the trouble, but it's a sweet little number I've been lusting after for ~a couple of years now: 1976 Gottlieb Surf Champ

(Though I would've also taken her sister, Surfer )

#7200 8 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Hey don't knock your own taste. Surf Champ is a very good mid-seventies EM. One of the earliest pins I can remember playing as a kid. Good theme with cool "surfer" drop targets and great color on the backglass as well as the playfield. Would have one myself if not for my very limited space. Hope the best and that you can land that one. Looks to be pretty nice with a reasonable price.

I agree--great looking and playing game. I put the check in the mail yesterday morning so I guess it's happening one way or another

If pick up is convenient for someone coming from that direction (Kenosha WI) and it's possible to (safely ) transport the game to SS Billiards I'll offer $150. Only hang up is that the fellow who owns the game is moving in about a month so he needs the game moved before then...So I'll have to roll with STI if something very concrete doesn't materialize by, say, middle of next week. The last time I shipped with STI it took 3-4 weeks for the seller's schedule to line up with the local freight company.

#7201 8 years ago

Has anyone here ever used Spee-Dee delivery to ship a pinball machine? If so, what was your experience? What level of packaging did they need? (I'm going to follow up separately, but would love to hear your experience.)

I got a really cheap quote from them ($170 from Kenosha to Fargo), but my impression was that they aren't super familiar with shipping coin op devices.

1 week later
#7213 8 years ago

Surf Champ arrived safe and sound via Spee-Dee Delivery. Thanks everyone.

Note: I'd definitely recommend them for the price. Just be CLEAR with them that you need calls prior to pick up and delivery. They didn't call the seller (luckily his daughter was home) and I had to pull teeth to get them to give me a phone call prior to delivery.

#7217 8 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Congrats on the acquisition! Glad you landed the one you were after. May I ask how much the shipping was? From pick-up location to shipping location?
Finally do you still have their phone # or did you set it up online?
Thanks

It was ~$170--insured--door to door via a box truck with a lift gate. Game has to be on a pallet. This was compared to the just under $400 quote I got from STI, albeit STI is white glove (i.e., no pallet).

I set it all up via email as every time I called I was on hold for 10 minutes+. Email addresses are on their website...Just ask for a quote and they'll route you to the right people (LTL division). Tell them: pinball machine, fragile, ~300-350lbs, on 4x4 pallet, etc.

Fun thing was the delivery driver I ended up with had been in the coin-op biz in the 70s/80s, so he got a kick out of delivery a pinball machine.

Oh yeah, time in route was only TWO DAYS. The last time I shipped via STI it was more like two to three weeks even after pick up was made from the seller (in Missouri).

2 years later
#11212 5 years ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

Wish us luck this weekend MN and WI friends !!!!
This coming Sunday the Fargo Pinball Club is facing off against The Manitoba Pinball League to battle for the Red River Cup. The border battle will be intense so to allow for our team to prepare for competition this week, the following items are STRICTLY forbidden at Fargo Pinball.
1. Butter Tarts
2. Poutine
3. Bags of Milk
4. Nickelback
We appreciate your understanding and support as we prepare for this fierce border showdown.
Fargo Pinball

An exception should be made for poutine. Just replace it with Nickelback in your list, as they deserve to be listed twice, anyway.

1 month later
#11369 5 years ago

IMDN has arrived courtesy of Bill and Jim from Fargo Pinball! White glove delivery all the way into the basement arcade! (And they did the heavy lifting taking out a trade-in game, too!)

Great guys and can’t recommend them more highly. They’ve taken the Fargo pinball scene stratospheric. Feels great to have a Stern and JJP dealer in town.

Incidentally, everyone in the area should check out Fargo Pinball if/when you get a chance. Definitely worth the drive. Easily rivals any place I’ve been to in the Seattle area, which I frequent for work.

E7A508FD-E62A-4955-BF4E-9867C01724F0 (resized).jpegE7A508FD-E62A-4955-BF4E-9867C01724F0 (resized).jpeg
#11380 5 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Nice! I just unboxed my Dialed In LE from Bill/Jim at Fargo Pinball today too! Great guys, great deal, and fantastic service. Highly recommend the club and them as distributors!

Congrats

11 months later
#12744 4 years ago

Looking for a white water if anyone is thinking of selling.

#12747 4 years ago

It’s overrated, I just like bad games

1 week later
#12792 4 years ago

Considering trading my HUO Iron Maiden Pro. Would really like a WH2O but am open to other tables.

10 months later
#14095 3 years ago

Looking for a RBION if anyone’s looking to shake things up.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/96288

#14103 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Such a good game, good luck with the search, they don't come up locally that often.

Thanks. My kids and I have been enjoying it on Visual Pinmame in the meantime, but not quite the same as the real thing!

#14104 3 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

I know a guy in Woodbury with one, but I don't think he wants to sell it.

Thanks. I'll PM you.

#14106 3 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

John, sell your game please. I feel like a jerk now. (Moreso than normal.)

LOL. I think I just need to pay more attention to folks' locations

7 months later
#15590 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

If you win wear gloves when you take the playfield glass off.

It feels like there's a story here...

1 month later
#15798 3 years ago

Anyone thinking about selling their Stranger Things Prem or LE, hit me up.

6 months later
#16691 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

Picked up two pins you don't see very often around here.
https://ibb.co/h73sM1M
https://ibb.co/hZqV0W1

Cool! Where'd you get the Spectrum!?

#16693 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

Local guys dad used to be a route operator, one of his dads old contacts still had some pins laying around.

Cool find. Congrats.

1 month later
#16909 2 years ago
Quoted from blazingsaddlz:This machine was built in March 2021, too, and it has less than 900 plays on it. I'm pretty frustrated about it, but I'd rather find someone to help me repair it as much as possible than get a whole new playfield.

I'd be pushing for a populated replacement pf if that's the case. Even if you touch it up, it'll probably keep chipping.

1 week later
#16980 2 years ago
Quoted from pinwhoo:

I also got a piece from this auction without knowing it needed to be picked up the next day. Would be nice if they posted it some where, maybe they did but I didn’t find it, when it needs to be picked up. I got lucky in that my sister-in-law lives about 2 miles away and was able to help. I’m on the way there now. I think there was a phone number on the website so next time i know to call and find out first.
Good to hear you were able to get it figured out.

It was listed on the website if you clicked through the to the auction terms.

1 month later
#17238 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Decided to try my first ever playfield protector for shits and giggles on my NIB maiden premium. I was curious enough to see how it played as well as how it handles a game that tends to get tons of dimples.
Biggest concern I have is the shooter lane where the protector starts just after the routed ball track. This is one of the most finicky games in terms of launching balls both manual and auto.
Just need to throw the flippers back on today and I’m ready to roll. I actually enjoyed the tear down to install it. Fun to dig into a games innards!
Curious what everyone thinks of them. I know opinions are all over the map.

I had one on an iron maiden pro and was super happy with it. Pain in the ass to install when you've just unboxed a game and want to start playing, but it kept the playfield looking perfect and felt it shot similar to route games I had played.

#17246 2 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I picked up an IMDN Pro with a protector on it. I thought it played okay, certainly different and not as well without one. The worst part was the loop optos would register less than half the time. I'm not sure if the ball was bouncing or the added thickness of the protector raised the ball just enough to intermittently refuse to register. Dimples don't bother me, so I ended up removing it. A few cuts in some strategic areas and pulled it out in less than 5 minutes. The loops registered every shot after. I'm sure you could probably adjust the optos but the game plays better without it anyway.

Funny, I think you got this one from me? But I don't recall any issues with the loop shot when I had it.

3 months later
#17540 2 years ago

Have EHOH prem and STh pro up on the market for trade if anyone is looking

1 month later
#17717 1 year ago

What were the games/prices just out of curiosity?

1 month later
#17882 1 year ago

Will be in the twin cities area this weekend if anyone is looking for a HUO Mando Premium: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/137439

2 weeks later
#17972 1 year ago

$7300 HUO Mando Prem for sale if anyone is looking.

2 months later
#18256 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

Nope - that would either be Ghostbusters or Walking Dead.

TWD or EHOH

9 months later
#19740 9 months ago
Quoted from MNPinner:

In case anyone’s looking for a Buck Hunter Reloaded for a sweet price that is literally brand new without the brand new price tag this is a awesome opportunity

"issues no scratches looks as it did. The dead came out of the box"

Haha autocorrect nailed that one

3 months later
#20186 5 months ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it's not a factory add on at all. You just buy one and put it on. comes in a separate box.

Mine was installed at the factory

#20189 5 months ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

how do they not get them mixed up then when shipping?

Cointaker took it as an option when I ordered. Box was marked (as I recall)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joetechbob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread?tu=joetechbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.