1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from SCOTTinHUBERTUS:

Looks like I'll be bringing a Williams IJ and an AFM to the MGC. Looking forward to the show and seeing all the guys again.
Scott.

Scott! Good to see you here on Pinside! Your old Jurassic Park is still getting lots of love and is a family favorite. I haven't forgotten that I owe you lunch for that powerball yet!

As for MGC, I'll be there as cheap slave labor again...LOL! JP might be making a return appearance...not sure yet. Might end up being that and CV again, but still might give CV a year off. CSI might come again...give more people a chance to play it. Hmm...decisions decisions.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

WHoopie PIEs?

Of course! How could we possibly set up that room without the official energy snacks of MGC?

#102 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I was floored when I was talking with someone at my work and told him that I collected pinball machines, and he started telling me about how I should go to the MGC! Made my day

LOL!

Any requests for what I should bring this year? Are you guys sick of seeing CV since it's been there a few years in a row? I'm probably going to bring 2 but that's a little flexible.

#105 11 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

I've personally never seen a CSI ...

Consider it done. You must not have been at MGC last year...we actually had 2 of them there. Go figure. We joked that we had half of the entire production run there!

I like bringing games that not many people have gotten to play. That's why I brought CSI last year and my WoF when I still had it. Both games that get ripped on mostly because people haven't given them a chance. I heard quite a few people comment that they were both better than they thought they would be.

#111 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Mission accomplished.
Next.
LTG : )

Will there be an LTG sighting at MGC this year?

LTG@MGC that has a nice ring to it...

#145 11 years ago
Quoted from cowman57:

If I can come to MGC what pin would you folks like me to bring?WhirlwindTaxiF-14High SpeedSorcererPinBotGrand LizardCometI doubt that FH or BK will be ready by then.OR... I have a few EM's to chose from also.

Grand Lizard would be great to see...don't see that one around much at all. I'd also love to see either Sorcerer or Taxi. Those are always great fun and I don't get to play them nearly enough!

#162 11 years ago

I'm not so sure the 2/3 gamers 1/3 pinball thing is right anymore. We had over 200 machines last year and it seemed to me the arcade was way more packed than the console rooms. I have no idea actual numbers, but the show can't be described as a video game show with a small pinball section anymore. I do agree that the mix adds another level of fun, and I always enjoy slipping away to check out the console stuff too.

#200 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Don't worry Russ. You will be on the list.

Do I have to do your dirty work again to get an invite?

#206 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Damn right you do? lol

I guess that's a good thing. Someone has to take care of those poor neglected machines...

On a bright note, I scored an AFM tonight! Granted it's just on the iPad Pinball Arcade, but still. It rocks! LOL

3 weeks later
#393 11 years ago

Woah! Going to have to go find out if they will let me in to play without paying for a movie ticket! Nice!

#396 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I want to go too.

I will try to find out this week if we can just go play. If so...maybe you need to road trip over here next weekend. Sheboygan is only like 10 minutes from here.

#413 11 years ago

Just played it last night after work. I was able to just walk in and play, but there wasn't anybody by the usual ticket-taking place inside the door, so I have no idea if I was supposed to be able to do that or not...LOL! It might not be a bad idea to call first and ask for anyone planning to check it out.

I haven't played any other Avengers to compare, but this one is set up pretty brutal. The outlanes are very hungry and it feels steep even though the bubble is centered. I was happy that they seem to have it pretty level. Very short ball save...not enough time to cover pop bumper time usually so I had a few lost balls without ever flipping. Hulk's arms could use adjusting as I had a couple stuck until ball search, but only twice in the 8 games I played. It's .75 per play with no freebies for buying a bunch of credits. I didn't match at all in my 8 games...oh well. There is a tournament running for $1.50 per, but I didn't try that. What really sucks is that it only showed the tournament scores (which I beat pretty easily, but wasn't on tournament...oh well), not the regular high scores, so I have no idea if I had a decent game or not (though probably not, LOL). I think my highest was 19 million, which didn't seem too bad for not having a clue what was going on but just having fun.

As for the game itself, it was alot of fun. Very strange layout that seems like a total mess at first, but it somehow works and works well. Not really like anything else I have played. I didn't really figure out too much of the rules, but what I saw seemed nicely polished and made sense. It definitely seems to have a leg up on X-Men software from what I saw. There are some great callouts and a LOT of humor, especially from Hulk. He is definitely the star of the game. The shots are...strange...but very satisfying. The Hawkeye shot was probably my favorite, although I have no idea how the diverter works for the crossover ramp as every time I shot it, it went to the Loki ball lock (and of course I never shot it enough in one game to actually start that multiball..LOL). I could see where the ball needed to go for the crossover, but I didn't see a diverter there, so no clue how that works. Magnet maybe? Or something I just didn't see with the lighting there. The Hulk saucer was infuriating...I could not figure out the right way to hit that. I did have it fall in from the Black Widow ramp a couple times...maybe that is the proper way of hitting it since direct shots didn't seem to work without anything solid behind it. More than once I lost a game with extra ball light at that damn scoop! The pop bumpers made a cool metallic sound. Not sure if that was the sound effect or the ball noise itself, but it was a very satisfying sound.

The playfield art looks way better in person than in pictures. Backglass (Avengers blue LE) was a bit disappointing. It was OK, but honestly if it wasn't for the mirrored border I would have mistaken it for a translight. Not at all on the level of Wolverine or Magneto, that's for sure. I'm guessing Hulk looks way better. The few animations I saw while playing were great. Music was nice. Light show was fantastic.

Hulk multiball was an absolute blast! It was like the playfield completely transformed by the drops being all down, the ramp being lifted, and the whole Hulk area wide open (which it usually isn't). This is the "transforming playfield" that Transformers should have had in my mind. Very cool and an absolute riot with all the balls flying around, Hulk going apeshit, and an amazing light show. If I liked the game before hitting Hulk multi, I fell in love with it completely once I hit it. I wish I was a good enough player to hit the other multis and get further into the rules, but what I saw left me hungry for more!

I had to come home and go play X-Men right away to compare. The good news for me is that I still like X-Men better overall. If they nail the software, I still think it could be one of the best games ever made. Avengers isn't quite at that level, but honestly isn't far off either. Avengers wins in the humor department by far. It managed to capture that perfect combination of intense action and light-hearted humor seen in the movie. X-Men is more serious in tone (overall) and intense, but maybe not as much pure "fun". While I prefer X-Men at this point, I would LOVE to drop an Avengers right next to it. It would be a great 1-2 punch. Hopefully in a couple years I can make that happen.

Sorry about writing a book with this "review"...I know it's all over the place. If anyone is planning to check out the one at the Sheboygan theater, let me know!

1 week later
#464 11 years ago

Sorry I won't be able to make it Centerflank. There's just way too much going on between now and MGC and I gotta get some wax on the pins I'll be bringing yet! It always manages to sneak up on me! Have fun and play a few for me!

3 weeks later
#662 11 years ago

Wasn't that Herb's Whitewater? I never saw it, but Herb's a good guy. He's one of the Oshkosh/Appleton crew. Price sounded very fair to me with current prices how they are. Not every game is perfect...description sounded perfectly average to me and fitting for the price.

1 month later
#960 11 years ago

Avengers is haunting me. I want one so bad I am having bad thoughts again. Seriously considering trying to trade CV for an LE or maybe STTNG for a pro. I love both games, but have had them both a long time and they don't get the blood pumping like they used to. I think I'd have to have an LE though...I'm spoiled by Wolverine now. And STTNG has a theme that won't let me let it go (right?). Then again if someone would actually trade an Avengers/Hulk LE for STTNG it would probably be a done deal. Did I just say that?

The big 6-for-1 trade I did to get my Wolverine awhile back turned out great, even though I got rid of a lot of games I really loved. So this should be the same, right? Right now my Wolverine has really pushed everything else in the collection aside, so maybe an Avengers by its side would rule the world! Ahh...I shouldn't be thinking this. Talk me down guys, talk me down. I love these games...so I must keep them. Right? RIGHT? AHH!

It wouldn't stop there though...I know it wouldn't. I already am lusting after Metallica too. And I know Star Trek will make me want to do something stupid to get it. It's never ending. Damn I hate this hobby...it's a sickness!

(So anyone got an Avengers they would trade? LOL!)

#971 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Would be better off with a acdc.

No way...I respect it and can see why so many like it, but that game just doesn't do it for me. I've played both a premium and a pro and just couldn't get in to it. I'm sure I would get into it more with more play, but it didn't grab me from the start the way that X-Men and Avengers did.

Quoted from DEWSHO:

You should talk to centerflank, he has Wolverine side by side with Avengers and he's had them long enough to have a real opinion on Avengers.
As far as STTNG goes...if I ever get one I'm not sure I'll be able to let it go...but then again..All Good Things...

Yup...hoping he chimes in. From his past posts he seems to love his Hulk quite a bit.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If I had an Avengers i'd be driving it over to your house right now for that trade.

I figured you would bust my balls for this one Neo!

#973 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Having these 2 side by side is a must do Jedi!

Stop that! It is NOT helping to talk me down! LOL!

So are you still loving Hulk?

#991 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Did that help you to not get one?

No...no you are not helping at all...LOL! I need to get some more play in on one soon. Maybe I can sneak in to the theater again and drop a couple more bucks in theirs. Otherwise I really gotta get down to your place sometime! Thanks for the insights.

Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I would wait a few months till Avengers drops into the high 4's wont be long before you can pick up a nib blue for 4900 bucks.

I am guessing it might drop a bit yet, especially when Metallica starts shipping and Trek gets closer. I think we'll see one more of the usual "sell off" push that will drive the price down a bit, then they will settle in and go back up some. That seems to be the circle of life in pinball land. I don't think LEs will get as low as the 4's though. I am purely guessing that it will hit mid-5's for a low, then settle in around 6-6.5 when the smoke clears. Same with X-Men. I think both have a better chance of going higher than that rather than dropping even further long term, but I don't think we'll ever see Tron LE / BIBLE levels out of them. I don't think we'll see Avatar:LE levels either though. Somewhere in between.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

For a bon fire?

Can always count on you for pure bluntness and a good laugh! I love how people in other threads take you so seriously and never seem to realize that you are dishing out shit. Funny stuff. I think there are people on here that take things so seriously that they really want to smack you. LOL!

I played a few games on CV and STTNG last night. I don't think I could let STTNG go even though I've had it longer than almost anything in my collection. It's just too good of a game with too good of a theme. The trekkie in me would die a little if it left. CV was a little different. As I was playing I was thinking "no way could I let this go", but after walking away it popped right back into my mind. So I maybe could let that happen. We'll see I guess. I really need to play some more Avengers before deciding anything. Ideally I would love to keep them all, but space and especially money will not let that happen. The only way anything new can come in anytime soon is if something else goes out. Especially since my wishlist all seems crazy expensive right now. It's a disease I tell you!

#999 10 years ago

OK guys...I'm going to make it official. Cirqus Voltaire is for sale or trade for an Avengers LE. I would probably be looking for a little cash coming my way depending on NIB/HUO/routed and condition, mods, etc. I am leaning heavily towards a blue, but could be talked into a Hulk or possibly even a premium depending on the cash coming my way.

This is the same CV many of you played at MGC the past 3 years. I consider it to be in nice condition...probably the top end of "players grade", but not quite collectors quality. There is some typical insert ghosting and the clear coat has a chip at the boom balloon and some lifting around two of the volt rollovers. All typical CV issues, but better than some I have seen. Other than that the playfield is very nice, bright and shiny. It was torn down fully (top side) and shopped a little over a year ago. I have discussed the playfield issues with Neo, and he thinks it could be fixed up fairly easily if so desired.

There are no broken plastics/ramps. The cabinet decals have some bunching around the legs that is mostly hidden by leg protectors, and a few other small marks. Someone drilled a few tiny holes in one side of the cab at some point...weird but I have actually heard of another with the same thing. They aren't very noticable in the busy cab art, but they are there and I am all about full disclosure. It does look very good yet overall. The stock lockbar holes were filled and touched up at some point, but you can see where they were.

It plays 100% with no credit dot or issues. I have had it at MGC 3 years in a row, including this year, with 0 issues (knock on wood) and it always get many compliments. It has plastic protectors, a real bell, the scrolls, juggler bounce out protector, home ROMs, original manual, etc. It has beautiful orange neon that has never given me any problems. The entire machine has been super reliable for the five years I have owned it.

That's the basics off the top of my head. I will try to take pics tonight and give it a good looking over to make sure I didn't miss anything. I'm sure many of you played it at MGC and can vouch for the condition. Serious buyers are more than welcome to come see and play it in person.

I figured I would post it here first to give the local guys first dibs before opening it up to everyone, CL, Mr. Pinball, etc. I will not ship, but I am willing to split the drive depending on distance.

As I mentioned, I prefer a trade for an Avengers LE (likely plus some cash). Cash sale I would say $7500 OBO. I will consider other interesting trades, but am pretty stuck on Avengers right now.

Contact me here or at [email protected] if you are interested and I will get pics ASAP.

Thanks!
Chris Matte

#1010 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I played it Friday night. It was on. You (or someone in your group) seemed a little irritated that it was being played but I had a good game going and couldn't resist. Thanks for bringing it. That is one clean game in nice shape.

Sorry if I gave you that impression. Friday night is usually a time of irritation and overtiredness no matter what, so it was nothing personal...LOL! We do try to keep it from turning into a pre-party, but that never really works. No big deal as long as we can still move stuff around and it doesn't get out of control. Glad you had a good game at least!

Thanks for the other kind words guys. I appreciate it. I am all about full disclosure and usually end up making whatever I am selling sound like a piece of crap! It's a pretty nice machine though. Will have pics soon so people can judge for themselves. Also please note the OBO on the price. I know that's probably too high of a place to start, but SOMEONE in this thread talked me into putting it up there... Anyway, I am more than happy to negotiate from there, especially for you guys. I'll probably open up a marketplace ad and put it on the main forum tonight or tomorrow.

#1013 10 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

A guy in GB just posted on CL that he's looking for one.... but a lot less than your asking price. Maybe you could work something out. glws

Thanks. I am in contact with him now, but it does sound like he's looking for one much cheaper. We'll see. I'm negotiable, but I'm not $6k negotiable.

#1020 10 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

OK guys...I'm going to make it official. Cirqus Voltaire is for sale or trade for an Avengers LE. I would probably be looking for a little cash coming my way depending on NIB/HUO/routed and condition, mods, etc. I am leaning heavily towards a blue, but could be talked into a Hulk or possibly even a premium depending on the cash coming my way.
This is the same CV many of you played at MGC the past 3 years. I consider it to be in nice condition...probably the top end of "players grade", but not quite collectors quality. There is some typical insert ghosting and the clear coat has a chip at the boom balloon and some lifting around two of the volt rollovers. All typical CV issues, but better than some I have seen. Other than that the playfield is very nice, bright and shiny. It was torn down fully (top side) and shopped a little over a year ago. I have discussed the playfield issues with Neo, and he thinks it could be fixed up fairly easily if so desired.
There are no broken plastics/ramps. The cabinet decals have some bunching around the legs that is mostly hidden by leg protectors, and a few other small marks. Someone drilled a few tiny holes in one side of the cab at some point...weird but I have actually heard of another with the same thing. They aren't very noticable in the busy cab art, but they are there and I am all about full disclosure. It does look very good yet overall. The stock lockbar holes were filled and touched up at some point, but you can see where they were.
It plays 100% with no credit dot or issues. I have had it at MGC 3 years in a row, including this year, with 0 issues (knock on wood) and it always get many compliments. It has plastic protectors, a real bell, the scrolls, juggler bounce out protector, home ROMs, original manual, etc. It has beautiful orange neon that has never given me any problems. The entire machine has been super reliable for the five years I have owned it.
That's the basics off the top of my head. I will try to take pics tonight and give it a good looking over to make sure I didn't miss anything. I'm sure many of you played it at MGC and can vouch for the condition. Serious buyers are more than welcome to come see and play it in person.
I figured I would post it here first to give the local guys first dibs before opening it up to everyone, CL, Mr. Pinball, etc. I will not ship, but I am willing to split the drive depending on distance.
As I mentioned, I prefer a trade for an Avengers LE (likely plus some cash). Cash sale I would say $7500 OBO. I will consider other interesting trades, but am pretty stuck on Avengers right now.
Contact me here or at [email protected] if you are interested and I will get pics ASAP.
Thanks!
Chris Matte

Alright, I gotta price police myself on this one. I was being way too optimistic at $7.5k. Let's say $7k OBO which I think is more realistic. That puts it a bit under the Boston Pinball ebay year to date average, so that's a good starting point. Still would most like to find an Avengers LE. Pictures are uploading now and I'll be placing an ad on the marketplace and main forum soon.

#1022 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

man you have little patience and I just have too little cash

Not about patience...it's about a fair price. It's not a $7500 machine. I have no need to try to be greedy about it. All that does is start things off on the wrong foot and that's not my style.

#1024 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

right on. maybe I am remembering it as much nicer than it was. I don't get to see/play a CV very often so when I do I tend to be a little beer goggley...

I'm not saying it isn't a nice machine, but when you start looking close, the flaws are there. Pics will be up soon then everyone can see for themselves and maybe I am being too hard on it. If the playfield didn't have that little bit of clearcoat chipping and lifting, then it would be worth more. For someone who isn't worried about perfect, it's a great machine. I want to make sure the price reflects that.

#1036 10 years ago

For those that have seen/played my CV, feel free to talk it up for me in my ad post on the main forum...LOL!

#1045 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Jedi is that Jim Ferris's old CV

Yup! I've taken good care of it.

#1047 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I peed all over that game. I rubbed my ass crack all over the coin door side when Jim went up stairs. lol You traded BSD and JD and cash right. Then i got the BSD and JD from JM for RFM!

Nice...I always wondered why it smelt so damn good! I can give you a good discount on it since you've already marked it as your territory...

I traded JD plus cash...no BSD though.

#1077 10 years ago
Quoted from tullster:

They're getting shopped out by yours truly right now, and I'm not sure where they're going.
I got to beat on Avengers for the past 2 weeks... Fun game!

Hopefully you'll have that BBH around your place long enough for me to get down there. That's a game I really want to spend some quality time with. The few times I've played it on route I've really enjoyed it.

#1142 10 years ago

This week can't go by quick enough! Saturday is the big day. Dropping off CV with its new owner (he's from Ohio so I'm meeting him half way in Indiana), then picking up my Avengers LE blue in Chicagoland on the way back. This one already has every mod I could have wanted plus a few more at a great price to boot. Can't wait!

#1157 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

Had a bad week. Son subpoenaed to testify against a classmate, daughter broke her leg, and more. Who else but a pinsider to help take my mind off of things for a while. CaptainNeo invited me over but we couldn't make it happen due to court, hospital etc.. A big THANKS to Neo for the invite! epthegeek and I were able to hook up Wednesday evening and it was exactly what the Dr. ordered! Played tspp, Tom, and ccc all for the first time. As he explained each game to me I listened closely. When we came to ccc, I said "this is the one that wasn't complete and somebody stepped up and finished it right". With no bragging in his voice, he said "I did yes". I gushed about how awesome he was as he explained in great detail what he did. What a modest, nice, friendly guy! I had a blast and hope Eric did too. Each time I meet one of you guys I'm amazed and blown away by the kindness and generosity of my (our) pinball community. You'd think I'd get used to it, but the amazement and feeling of good will feels brand new and just as good each time! Thank you!/wall of text

Wow...sorry to hear about the crappy week! When it rains it pours. Hopefully things will turn around and start looking up soon!

2 months later
#1841 10 years ago

I gotta say, since getting X-Men and Avengers, nothing else in the basement has been getting played. I "forced" myself to play them all the other night, and while they are all still fun, they just don't draw me in like those two. That made me think it might be time to consider trading something else (or everything else!) out. I never was one to sell or trade games for a very long time, but this past year or so has proven that it can work out pretty well. Sure, I miss my old games once in awhile, but I have no regrets so far, so why not? Gotta keep the spark alive.

So I guess I consider this a trade feeler to see if anyone of you guys (starting in this thread first...gotta keep it in the family is possible!) are feeling the same and ready for a change. I'll throw it out there that anything in my collection that isn't a superhero could be fair game. Not sure if CSI could really be there though...gotta keep the wife happy and there's very few games that she'd let that one go for I'm sure, LOL! But for now, let me know if that one interests you and we'll see.

Just thinking trades for now to keep it simple. I'm most interested in other superheros...I could see the whole Stern Superhero line-up in my basement some day. Spiderman, Iron Man, Batman:TDK. Metallica is the most interesting non-hero. Honestly not interested in a whole lot of non-Stern games these days, but there are a couple (TZ, TAF, maybe Creature) that would peak my interest, so feel free to throw out offers. I'd love a MB, but not sure that would be possible even with offering EVERYTHING for it, LOL! I'd have to put WOZ on the list too, just in case someone is already done with theirs and wants something I have.

Multiple games for 1 is definitely fair game with how my wishlist looks. Heck, it worked for X-Men, so worth a shot! We can get into condition specifics if anyone is seriously interested. Just seeing what's out there and possible for now!

#1845 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

No I parted with WOZ. Got a MET though.

Really? You gave up after all that time?

Damn good call on the MET though! Can't wait to put some plays on it!

#1869 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

The first few games on Creech had me disliking the game quite a bit. However, it's really grown on me, it takes time. It isn't "deep", but it's fun.

I'm right with you. I've only played the real thing a handful of times and always walked away disappointed with the gameplay, especially with how much I love the theme, art, and everything else about it. Since then I've been giving it a lot of play on Pinball Arcade (I know it's not quite the same, but still...) and it's really grown on me. I need to spend some quality time with a real one.

2 weeks later
#1963 10 years ago

I'll be there with my wife and daughter, and my buddy Brian (some may remember him as another MGC helper) will be there with his family.

4 weeks later
#2201 10 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

Anyone here getting a Star Trek?
I'm hoping we can leave any arguing or yelling about it's merits in the Star Trek thread
I think she sure is a puuurdy game. I'm not a trekkie though.

I'm seriously thinking about it, and that would mean selling my STTNG to help do it. Same one I had the thread about a couple weeks back before getting cold feet. If anyone is interested, please let me know ASAP before I either change my mind, or miss out on the Enterprise LEs..LOL!

All the details in this thread.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtt-feeler-sttng-in-wi-sm-preferred-others-considered

Will bump that one in a little while after giving you guys first shot.

If I'm going to get seriously I suppose I should put a price on it. I think $4500 would be about right? Let me know if you guys think that's off (in either direction, LOL!).

#2226 10 years ago

In order to keep my wishy-washiness in full bloom, I've decided I can't go though with selling my ST:TNG. I just know I'd regret it. As much as I want a new Stern Star Trek, I'll wait until I can afford it by a different means. Maybe a year down the road I'll be able to pick up a HUO premium or LE. As much as I'd like to be one of the first to bust one out of a box, I just can't.

#2229 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You can wait to play it before buying also. Less chance of regretting if you play it and like it.
Gives me time to save up and buy you STTNG also

Very true. Ultimate goal will be to have them side-by-side. Then I can decide if they are too similar and the old one has to go to your house.

I have a feeling the new one will feel much more like Spiderman than like ST:TNG. Afterall Spidey has a lot of the same shots as ST:TNG and they feel nothing alike. I see the same happening here, but we'll see.

I'll just live vicariously through Tom until I can get my own. Maybe he'll let me level his for him... He's better than I am at it now, but it will make me feel better.

2 months later
#3038 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I am still looking for a way to haul 3 games to MGC. If it turns out I can only bring one it will be Shrek with an attempt to sell it. If it sells before then which I assume it should what game would people like me to bring from my collection? I am open to suggestions from anyone.

Shadow would be cool as I don't often see those. Otherwise I'd vote Pharoah, Jungle Lord, or Grand Lizard. We are usually light on that era machine.

2 months later
#3619 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Lmao! Lot of people got excited there.
I will happily play a game of WOF with you Chris.

I was thinking he bought yours!

#3627 10 years ago

Way OT, but is anyone looking for some high end, but older, gently used home theater equipment? I have an Emotiva DMC-1 preamp looking for a new home. Was originally their flagship $2k model. It is pre-HDMI, but I do have a remote HDMI switcher which can convert audio to optical that can go along with it. Has the original packaging, remote (an Emotiva branded URC MX-500), manual, etc.

I do have the matching Emotiva MPS-1 amp which is 7 channel, 200W per channel. Not really looking to sell that as I am still using it, but could let it go for the right offer if you really want the matching set. Also have an Oppo BDP-83 Blu-ray player available. It pairs up nicely with the preamp as it has 7.1 multi-channel analog outs so you can still listen to True HD and DTS-MA audio without needing HDMI. I may hold onto this for DVD-A, but again a good offer would take it. Mostly only looking to let the amp and Oppo go if it's a package deal with all three pieces. These both also have all original packaging, etc. I can include most of the cables you might need and am more than willing to come help set-up and calibrate everything for you if reasonably local.

Let me know if any of you are interested in either the preamp or a package deal. Prefer local deal as these are heavy, especially the amp (80 lbs or so). And of course, pinball or gameroom related trade offers are highly encouraged. Can add cash to trades also (well...at least once the tax return shows up, LOL).

1 week later
#3755 10 years ago

Anyone have a Haunted House for sale in the area? Not looking for CQ quality (or price), but a nice player or even project considered. Been thinking a lot about Taxi lately too if there are any around. Or maybe a No Fear depending on price...

Doctor Who or RFM would be great too, but would have to be on the lower side of the price range.

Let me know!
Thanks,
Chris

#3763 10 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Screw this weather. I spent more time chipping out snow & ice to get to my garage(I got stuck 6 feet away) than doing anything else today. There's no room left to displace said snow.
And to think my Vector is schedules to come home this weekend. Uh, can I defer to next spring?

I am also in the Vector coming home this weekend club! Awesome!

"HIT THE SHOWERS!"

#3794 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

just having fun Neo

You two need to make some sweet, sweet man-love and get it over with.

#3800 10 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Throwing this out there, I am considering putting my No Fear up on the trading block. Been a long winter. It's a really nice example. Playfield is great. Cliffys on ramp. Full led's. Upgraded sound system( speakers and sub). Full back powder coating by BackAlley. Skull has custom pearl paint. Cab was professionally air brushed. No fade. All boards clean. Plays fast.

Image (auto-loading disabled)

image-402.jpg 177 KB

image-782.jpg 192 KB

image-608.jpg 216 KB

image-610.jpg 126 KB

image-827.jpg 282 KB

Oh man...that's pretty. Been on my wish list for a very long time. Please PM me some details and how much you are looking for. Not sure I could swing it, but I gotta ask!

1 week later
#3844 10 years ago

One of you wants to sell me a nice No Fear or Doctor Who at MGC...you know you do...

1 week later
#3900 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I have heard that. At one time I had 3 of them. I sold the two working ones and kept the one I have now. Don't feel like doing all the work it needs so I am looking for a nicer one that is ready to play or close to it. If I find a better one I will sell this one as a project,

I definitely need to get a BK back in the collection. Let me know what your project needs when you are ready to sell. I am leaning towards trying to find a nice one for me next one though...I really need another project like a hole in the head.

2 weeks later
#3963 10 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Figure I'll throw this out here. Im headed down to the mgc for the third time. This time tho I'm going to bring one of the pins. In the past I've had the family so didn't have the chance to meet all you pinheads. This times different. Question, will there be help to get the pin in? What time do guys start loading in? Btw- think the NF is coming and might be for sale. Full led, new sound system, full black powder coat by back alley. And a bunch of other stuff. Any advise you could throw my way would be great!

image-77.jpg 142 KB

image-705.jpg 286 KB

Yup..we'll be there to help. I'd love to see that NF there. Too bad that you decide to go through with the sale after I spend all of my pin money for the year...doh!

#3965 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I think my back is hurting already. Whoopie Pies cure all ailments.

Don't worry, we'll have plenty of our little "vitamins".

#3970 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Unless I've totally missed something, they are talking about actual vitamins. And whoopie pies

Lol...woah...yea...no double meaning here! Whoopie pies = vitamins. They keep us going!

4 months later
#5083 9 years ago

In case you haven't seen the main thread, I'm toying with the idea of trading my Avengers LE (blue) out. Mainly interested in Metallica premium or Mustang LE/prem, but will consider others. Not sure I'd go through with it, but a good trade might get me off the fence.

#5085 9 years ago

Yea...a premium shaking loose would be the one to almost surely get me off the fence.

11 months later
#7268 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

In 20 hours my AMH should be in the car.

Is it too late to switch league night to your place?

#7270 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

How about he just brings it to my place? Just keep it in the car until then.

Genius!

1 month later
#7515 8 years ago

I do not like bars. I am not a sports guy. Yet even I think Pooley's is a pretty cool place. Even if they didn't have pinball.

The Chorizo Burger is freaking awesome!

2 months later
#7877 8 years ago
Quoted from andybside:

Hey Yall. My name is Andy and I'm a newbie on here. Just thought I'd say hello. I live in Mount Calvary, Wi (near Fond du Lac). I've always loved pinball. Ever since I was a kid, my pops would take me to play. I've recently been handed down the old family pins and my obsession has been resparked. I have two older EM's but have been really getting into researching older and newer solid state's. Anyways, hello!

Hey Andy!
Welcome to the crazy. There are a lot of us in the area. I'm in Plymouth, there are a few Fond du Lac guys, and quite a few guys up in the Fox Cities. As Tom mentioned, our league will be starting fresh in January so you could think about joining. It's a great group of guys with some amazing collections. PM TomGWI for more details.

A good friend of mine lives in Mount Calvary. Small world!

Have fun,
Chris

#7887 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballwizard102:

Looking to buy a junkyard if anyone has one for sale

ChrisS has this one:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/26086

Also if that doesn't work out, I believe Methos is thinking about getting rid of his if you want to PM him. Both good guys.

2 months later
#8240 8 years ago

Every couple years I ponder letting my ST:TNG go for something new. I always end up getting cold feet. Well it seems to be that time again and the thought has crept into my brain. Like usual I will most likely end up keeping it, but I figure why not see what is out there. Only looking at trade possibilities for now. There are only a few titles that would tempt it away from me...Metallica and The Walking Dead (pros as I do not currently have cash to add) being the main ones. May also consider titles like Transformers, POTC, etc, or partial trades involving JD, DM, BK, RBION plus cash or a second machine (JD + DM would be pretty awesome as a 2-for-1 ). Also, those of you who know my collection history, do not judge me, but I'd think about a ST pro or an Avengers LE/prem also...LOL!

My old ad from last time I pondered this can be found here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtt-feeler-sttng-in-wi-sm-preferred-others-considered#post-1064428

The photobucket link still works as well:
http://s180.photobucket.com/user/jediturtle/library/Trek?sort=4&page=1

Ignore the price/trade wants in that thread as that was awhile ago. Condition is the same, and it's actually better now as it now has full LEDs (Pinbulbs kit with quite a few changes to my taste...mostly to make it a bit less blue) as well as the GI OCD board to make the shields and other dimming effects work properly. It looks pretty awesome and much more modern now.

Again, there's a good chance I will continue to hold on to it, so consider this as just a feeler.

6 months later
#8824 7 years ago

Toying with the idea of trading out my X-Men:Wolverine. Ideal trade would be a Metallica premium or GoT pro, but might be open to others. PM for details if interested. Just a trade feeler for now. If I get serious about selling, I will post an ad.

2 months later
#9017 7 years ago

Trade feeler: My HUO, lightly modded X-Men LE Wolverine for Metallica pro or Game of Thrones pro. Would be looking for a negotiable amount of cash my way (unless heavily modded). Would also be interested in a Metallica premium, but the cash from my end would have to be minimal, so I won't hold my breath.

6 months later
#9731 6 years ago

Toying with the idea of trading my Spiderman (Stern original, not vault) for a Metallica. Not HUO or perfect but a very good player. It has nice LEDs (Comet sunlight GI with color matching inserts...no color bombing), LED OCD board, speaker lights with spider acrylics, and a shaker. Any of these can be removed depending on the deal. Has some minor cabinet scratches/scuffs and some clearcoat wear around a few inserts. Not very noticeable, but there. Magnet area is perfect. Again, not HUO but nice for a routed machine and it plays great.

Would be looking for an equal or close to equal trade for a Metallica pro. Definitely wouldn't mind a premium but would have to discuss the price difference...not sure I could make that work.

Let me know if you have any interest.

#9734 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I think a used older met pro should be like...mid $3k ? and depending on the condition of your SM maybe worth more? Not sure what the going rate of a SM is now that the "vault" is out.

I definitely value mine well above mid-$3k. But I also do not think I've ever seen a Metallica that low either. We'll see if anything shakes out...if not I have no problem holding on to SM...still one of my favorites!

#9744 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's retail prices. pros are still 4700-4800.

Sweet...if someone scores a $4700 NIB pro and wants to trade it for my Spiderman, I'd happily add a few hundred to the deal!

1 week later
#9782 6 years ago

Put up an ad for my Spider-Man. Trade preferred (Metallica, Batman:TDK, ST pro, TF?) but cash offers considered.

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Putting my Stern Spiderman up for sale or trade. Not HUO or perfect but a very good player. It has nice LEDs (Comet sunlight GI with color matching inserts...no color bombing), LED...”
2017-07-10
Plymouth, WI
4,700 (OBO)
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 1084 times

1 month later
#9849 6 years ago

Thinking about shaking up the collection.

Blackout w/new repro BG: $1000
Pinbot: $1500
Doctor Who w/color DMD: $3000
No Fear w/black powder coat, upgraded speakers, and all new ramps and plastics: $3000
Spiderman w/shaker, LED-OCD, speaker lights, etc: $4700 (ad in marketplace)

Trades toward Metallica pro, Star Trek pro, Star Wars pro only. Most prices are somewhat negotiable so feel free to make offers, but low-balls will be ignored. I will try to get pictures and ads posted in the next couple days.

#9851 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

No Fear w/black powder coat, upgraded speakers, and all new ramps and plastics: $3000
Trades toward Metallica pro, Star Trek pro, Star Wars pro only. Most prices are somewhat negotiable so feel free to make offers, but low-balls will be ignored. I will try to get pictures and ads posted in the next couple days.

Doctor Who is tentatively spoken for. Will update if anything changes. Thanks!

#9857 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Blackout and Doctor Who are spoken for. Pinbot is sold and gone.

No Fear and Spiderman are still available. Will do trade + cash for Metallica, ST, or SW pros. Or trade both with cash coming my way. I would also be stupidly tempted by a trade for both for a ST:LE or Met:prem/LE...

#9859 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Blackout and Doctor Who are spoken for. Pinbot is sold and gone.
No Fear and Spiderman are still available. Will do trade + cash for Metallica, ST, or SW pros. Or trade both with cash coming my way. I would also be stupidly tempted by a trade for both for a ST:LE or Met:prem/LE...

Spiderman spoken for. No Fear is still available.

No longer looking for a Star Trek...

#9883 6 years ago

Dropped the price on No Fear to $2800.
All ramps and plastics are brand new.
Black powdercoated rails, lockdown bar, and legs.
Tasteful LEDs, upgraded speakers.
Beautiful playfield.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-no-fear-dangerous-sports-10

#9887 6 years ago

The ST:Pro that I picked up came with a Cointaker Red Tremor shaker motor which is too powerful for my tastes. Anyone want to trade for a regular Stern / Pinball Life shaker? Or if interested in buying it outright, let me know. Prefer local but could ship. Let me know.

Thanks,
Chris

#9898 6 years ago
Quoted from precisionk:

Those who have owned/played GOT and perhaps have played the new SW, have any opinions comparing the two tables? Trying to decide on one of these.

I've only played a handful of games on SW, but I am a GoT pro owner. I guarantee I am biased as GoT is one of my favorite games ever, so keep that in mind.

To me they feel very different. I had a really hard time hitting the shots on SW...every shot seemed very tight. GoT shoots way better in my opinion, and is a lot more forgiving. SW had a ton of cheap drains. Well over half of my plunges bounced straight out the outlane on SW, and the three bank is a sucker shot. Way less of that on GoT. The dragon shot is tight, but the others are easy to hit which leads to a beautiful flow. The stand-ups can be deadly, but easier to mitigate than I could so far on SW. I also find GoT to be easier to understand and follow what is happening, but I'm sure with more play SW would make better sense. SW has the edge in theme, video, audio, and lighting, but GoT isn't a slouch in those departments by any means.

I fully admit that I need a lot more time on a SW, and my opinion could very well change over time, but for now I definitely enjoy GoT (pro) more overall. It's just more fun to shoot, less brutal, and the rules are great.

#9902 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

That reminds me, if you go GOT, go Pro. It is the better version of the game and cheaper to boot.

Yes...1000x this. The LE has nifty dragon wing movement and the lightshow is more colorful, but the upper playfield hides half of your shots and really affects the flow. I still like the LE...but I like the pro much better.

The pro also makes way more narrative sense. On the pro you advance Wall multiball from the lanes...the furthest "north" thing on the playfield. On the LE for some insane reason it's moved to the dragon shot (which is now the Castle Black shot...why would the castle kick back at you? and why would you advance/fight Targaryen at the Castle Black shot?) and the dragon is moved up to the upper playfield. So now you advance both wall and Targaryen from the same shot...that's lame and it no longer makes as much sense to the theme. I know it has been said that Steve Ritchie designs the LE first and then strips stuff for the pro, but in this case it really feels as though the pro was the original intent and the upper playfield was tacked on and other compromises were made to get it to work.

1 week later
#9963 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

1900 dr.who? I dont' think that would fly off the shelf unless it was unfaded.

I listed mine at $3k and had a line of at least 5 people within a couple hours. Faded on one side and the front but was pretty nice otherwise with color DMD. It was probably the quickest to sell machine of any I have sold.

#9989 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

can someone remind me of the website that is the pinside equivalent for arcades? I want to actually look for one of these rather than passively sit around and wait for one to show up

KLOV

2 weeks later
#10096 6 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Anyone looking for a Spiderman? Trades welcome too! Feel free to offer on a WPT, Who Dunnit, or F14 as well. Would really love to find an Indiana Jones or EBD.

Machine - For Sale
Spider-ManUsed, working and clean “Up for sale is a Stern Spiderman pinball machine. Excellent condition, very clean, all LED, speaker lights, speaker acrylics, shaker motor, led ocd, colored LEDs in spotlights to c...”
2 days ago Farmington, MN 4,800
PokerJake

Sorry to see this wasn't a keeper for you Jake. For anyone interested, this is my old SM that I traded to Jake a little over a month ago. It's a great player, fast and solid. It was always reliable in the couple years that I owned it. You can find lots more pics still up in my old ad here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ftfs-spider-man-for-metallica-bdk-or#post-3863540

Best of luck with the sale Jake!

2 months later
#10395 6 years ago

Toying with the idea of trading out my TWD pro which I bought NIB. It's a great game, I'm just getting frustrated with the difficulty level being well above my skill level. Has a few mods...Mezel Barn, Well Walker guts, shaker, speaker lights and acrylics, all GI changed to frosted sunlight 2-smd Comets which look awesome.

I would most likely wait until GOTG hits and see if I love that, but I thought I'd throw this out there now to see if any interesting trade offers come up, particularly SW pro. Also very interested in a BM'66, SM:Vault (possibly a very, very nice standard SM), and Dialed-In, but not sure if I could come up with the cash difference for those. Really this is just a feeler to see if there is any trade interest to help nudge me into letting it go.

#10399 6 years ago

Yup. Really want a vault, but a mint original would be considered. One way or the other there will be web slinging in my basement again at some point.

#10408 6 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Is that what you're calling it now?

You'll be the first to know...

2 months later
#10755 6 years ago

TWD pro for sale in Plymouth, WI.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Bought this NIB two years ago at MGC. The only minor flaw I can think of is the well walker could use a new "belt" decal as this one is peeling a little. Always meant to replace it...”
2018-01-29
Plymouth, WI
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 234 times

Added over 6 years ago: SOLD

1 week later
#10795 6 years ago

Looking for a SM Vault, Batman '66 (mostly premium unless crazy deal on LE), or Star Wars pro within driving distance of WI. Just figured I would see if anyone has one available before I go the NIB route. Please be realistic with prices...not going to pay NIB price for a used pin unless there are major desirable mods to justify it. Let me know what you have. Thanks.

2 weeks later
#10846 6 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I'll keep everyone posted if I decide to start selling games outright. I just sold a few already, so looking to fill a few holes left in the basement.

Remind me not to leave my hole in your basement.

#10849 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

"Hey Chris, I have a few games that need leveled" "Yeah, just crawl under there..."
'looks like a hole need sot be filled'

Nah...Eric doesn't care about leveling.

#10858 6 years ago

Posted my HUO Iron Man vault in the market. Would trade for Star Wars pro.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “HUO, second owner Iron Man Vault. Great shape. Only flaw is a small wrinkle/bubble under one head decal and a tiny one next to a flipper button. Hard to tell unless the light hi...”
2018-02-26
Plymouth, WI
Viewed: 261 times

#10870 6 years ago

Looking for a Star Wars pro within a few hours drive of Plymouth, WI. Figured I would see if anyone wants to move one before signing up for a NIB. Please note that I am not looking to spend more than I can get a show special NIB for unless you have significant mods to justify.
Thanks,
Chris

3 weeks later
#10954 6 years ago

Thinking about letting Wolverine go. Would trade for GOTG pro or maybe SM...

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Home use only, second owner Wolverine. Great condition all around and plays perfectly. Wolverine captive ball mod with original figure modified to fit. Shaker motor. Cliffy pro...”
2018-03-21
Plymouth, WI
5,200 (OBO)
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 579 times

#10958 6 years ago
Quoted from AudioHaven:

I'm looking to find a new home for my GotG - was hoping for a Ghostbusters, but I'm going to see if there is a place to play X-Men locally to see how I like it.

Let me know and hopefully we could work something out.
Thanks!
Chris

7 months later
#11901 5 years ago

Nevermind..found what I needed.

Anyone have a very nice Nascar for sale? If I found the right machine at the right price I wouldn't mind giving that one a try.

Still looking for Deadpool pro, Iron Man, GOTG pro, AC/DC pro, TF, or TAV LE/prem also.

2 months later
#12238 5 years ago

Anyone thinking about moving a Guardians of the Galaxy pro or Iron Man?

#12242 5 years ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

New or Used Guardians?

Used unless someone can beat the MGC price on new.

2 weeks later
#12303 5 years ago

Metallica pro for sale or trade. Looking for GOTG pro, SW pro, or Iron Man.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “HUO, second owner Metallica pro. Beautiful condition. Playfield was replaced when I picked it up about a year and a half ago (Stern replaced due to ghosting on the original). Cl...”
2019-05-04
Plymouth, WI
4,700 (Firm)
Viewed: 739 times

#12324 5 years ago

Dropped the price to $4700. Have a couple other trade offers, but really looking to trade towards a GOTG.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “HUO, second owner Metallica pro. Beautiful condition. Playfield was replaced when I picked it up about a year and a half ago (Stern replaced due to ghosting on the original). Cl...”
2019-05-04
Plymouth, WI
4,700 (Firm)
Viewed: 739 times

2 months later
#12566 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Heck if you like EMs you could buy my whole pinball collection for under $2000.
[quoted image]

Does that include the Skill Roll listed under your collection?

#12577 4 years ago

I posted a separate thread, but thought it would be worth checking here. Would anyone be interested in splitting a mixed set of Game of Thrones Stark/Lannister siderails? I would like a mixed set that matches the pro artwork (Stark left, Lannister right). Since they are only sold in matched pairs, that would leave the opposites available. I figure anyone with a premium wouldn't care at all since the sides aren't house specific, and there are probably some people with a pro that wouldn't be bothered by the non-matched sides. The ones I am looking at are a pretty good discount off of the original price, so it would be a great deal with someone who wants both styles. Let me know and hopefully we can work out a good deal!

1 month later
#12827 4 years ago

Looking to trade a nice, HUO Deadpool pro for a BK:SOR pro, GOTG, or DP prem.

Machine - For Trade
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “For trade, HUO Deadpool pro. Looks and plays great. Includes beautiful art blades that really set it off. I'm second owner. I bought it from the original owner with very few pl...”
2019-07-09
Plymouth, WI
Trade
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 472 times

1 week later
#12834 4 years ago

Looking to buy a gently used BK:SoR pro or GOTG pro. Maybe BK premium or DP premium depending on price. Seeing what is out there before ordering NIB. Thanks!

#12843 4 years ago

I have a NIB unpopulated Stern Deadpool pro playfield. No idea what it is worth, so make me a fair offer. I would also be interested in trades towards EMs/cheaper machines, ColorDMDs, etc.

#12847 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Who'd ya stiff with your bum playfield?.. or are you just one of those guys who can't let an opportunity by? I'll give you $60 shipped for wall art.

Wow....assumptions much? F off buddy. You don't know me.

Not that I owe you or anyone an explanation, but the defects were not deemed severe enough for Stern to replace with a populated playfield. I was able to get an unpopulated playfield in case it got worse. I did not find it bad enough to go through an unpopulated swap. At the time I got it, I did not intend on selling the machine and wanted it for the peace of mind for the future. As we all know, things change and when I sold my machine, I offered it to the buyer. He was not interested. All blemishes were clearly pointed out, and the price reflected that. That is how I roll. I do not stiff people, or take advantage of "opportunities" at anyone's expense. If anything, I always undersell my machines. I've been burned in the past, and refuse to do that to anyone else.

But you know...thanks for trying to make me look like a bad guy for offering it up here to someone who might need it. Thanks for showing YOUR colors so I can add you to my "do not deal with" list. I'd rather wipe my ass with it. You user name is quite fitting.

#12862 4 years ago

Geez...no idea what I did to piss this guy off, but he definitely has the wrong idea here. Just trying to sell a pf...didn't realize that was a sin or would offend anyone. My reputation means a lot to me, and having a guy come in here making assumptions and accusations is the last thing I want or expected to happen.

#12868 4 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Maybe he doesn't like Jedi or turtles or both.

I can understand someone not liking me. Or even not liking Jedi. But what kind of sad sack doesn't like turtles?

#12871 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

What I don't get is why someone from MT, that owns a pinball repair is talking crap in a MN/WI thread?

Got me. I'm pretty sure I've never met the guy, so not sure what he would personally have against me. Maybe he's just having a bad day and I was the lucky dog for him to kick. That said it looks like the mods deleted at least one of his comments, so anyone reading this now might be a little confused. Hopefully he stays in his own little corner now!

Thanks for the support guys!

#12875 4 years ago

Thanks again for the support and kind words guys. I really appreciate it!

Now after all that...anyone want a DP pro playfield? Did some digging and it looks like Pinball Life sells a few Stern playfields for $595, Marco sells some for $700-$1k depending on the game. None of them have DP yet for a direct comparison. So let's say $500 obo? Vastly prefer pick-up or meet half way, but could ship at the buyers expense. Interesting trades considered (color DMD would be perfect, or for/towards a cheap machine, SW lightsaber side rails or other cool mods for machines in my collection, or ???). Open to reasonable offers.

#12887 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Thanks again for the support and kind words guys. I really appreciate it!
Now after all that...anyone want a DP pro playfield? Did some digging and it looks like Pinball Life sells a few Stern playfields for $595, Marco sells some for $700-$1k depending on the game. None of them have DP yet for a direct comparison. So let's say $500 obo? Vastly prefer pick-up or meet half way, but could ship at the buyers expense. Interesting trades considered (color DMD would be perfect, or for/towards a cheap machine, SW lightsaber side rails or other cool mods for machines in my collection, or ???). Open to reasonable offers.

Dropping to $400 obo.

2 weeks later
#12942 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

My pinball need has been fulfilled, Chris (Jediturtle) has sold me his sweet ST Pro, thanks Chris! Loving it!
Looks really great with a sheet of Invisiglass in it!

Glad you are enjoying it, and very glad it could stay "in the family"! Thanks for the easy sale.

#12945 4 years ago

Here's one you probably will not see everyday...

Other - For Sale
“Junkyard EM crane game for sale. Game works as it should and scores correctly. Looks good overall, but not perfect by any means. The front "coin door" area is faded. Cabinet sh...”
2019-08-12
Plymouth, WI
1,500 (OBO)
Viewed: 343 times

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/83441

#12964 4 years ago

If anyone is looking to make space for a JP and wants to move out a DP or GOTG pro, let me know ASAP. Planning to place an order Monday morning.

#12966 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

anyone need to make space for JP and wants to move out a mexico 86, let me know ASAP!

833 (resized).jpg833 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#13224 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Have a client with a huo Sopranos, documented and 330 plays. Hes looking for 6500. Not sure if too high or not. I saw the game looks new veey clean.

Quick glance at the market archive shows HUO go for $4.5-$5k recently. Even if it were still NIB, I'm not sure he could get what he's looking for.

1 month later
#13395 4 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I think BKsor is underrated. I’m starting to think that enough people bash it that everyone else bashes it as well because they think it is the thing to do. It’s a solid game. In my opinion, much better than the new Elvira. It is a very difficult game so maybe that’s one of the reasons it doesn’t play well on location.

That's exactly what happens, especially around here. Pinside has turned into a swamp of negativity, and certain games become a target.

#13413 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Not my jam, but if its yours thats cool. Some people like certain games that others truly don’t. Would someone really pretend to not like a game? I am seriously asking, because that seems really bizarre to me.

No...I don't really mean pretending...I mean more the piling on and group think mentality. It leads to certain games getting unfairly crapped on. Take X-Men for example. That started rough, but turned out to be a pretty killer game. Unfortunately there was so much hate and negativity built up around it that years later I still hear of people that will not even give it a fair chance because they heard it sucks. It's just unfortunate.

I'm all for people having and expressing their opinions, but the constant negativity gets old. It's cool that we have so many options, and we do not all like the same things. It's the people that feel their opinion is more valid than others and try to stomp out other peoples enjoyment of certain games that need to stop.

Quoted from Eric_S:

That must explain why people don't like Hobbit either...

LOL! I actually do not even hate Hobbit as much as I enjoy giving Tyler crap about it. But you do not see me coming here and harping on and on about why it's a terrible game. I don't really like it, but it's cool that others do. Same with GB. Heck...I don't even see the big deal with TAF, but I get that I'm in the minority. I'm not going to go on a "TAF sucks" crusade. If I did that here, I'd get a million angry pinsiders telling me why my opinion is wrong because it doesn't match theirs.

1 week later
#13463 4 years ago

Nice GOTG in Plymouth (half way between Milwaukee and Green Bay). $5100 or trade for Jurassic Park or Deadpool (pros most likely, maybe premium depending on $ difference).

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “~4 month old HUO GOTG pro. 322 lifetime plays. 1 owner. Has shooter lane protector (Pinball Life)+mylar, scoop cliffy, and the misc available plastic protectors. Magnet tweaked to ...”
2020-01-06
Plymouth, WI
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 568 times

3 weeks later
#13569 4 years ago

Very nice Spider-Man Vault FS/FT. Hoping for a Deadpool prem (or pro), Maiden prem (or pro), Beatles gold, possibly others. +/- cash as appropriate.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “HUO Spider-Man Vault. Second owner, ~370 plays. No known issues. Looks and plays great. Please note: Color DMD pictured is not included. Shaker Back Alley train (red) w/ Light ki...”
2020-01-29
Plymouth, WI
Archived after: 34 days
Viewed: 780 times

3 weeks later
#13605 4 years ago
Quoted from mikehoss1414:

Seeing if there is any trade interest in my Stern Star Trek LE...2nd owner huo, built nov. 2018. Located in Suamico (north side of Green Bay, WI). Interested in Stern JP, JJP Dialed In, Adams Family, Indiana Jones, Whitewater, +/- cash...maybe others???
Pics here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MKq3Axrc2itlKCDb2N2VkDNsxWVk6k5y?usp=sharing

I'm sure it was just a typo, but that is not an LE. That is a premium. Big price difference. Also, the mods will most likely make you put up an ad for it. I have been scolded for similar...

3 weeks later
#13751 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I've had this same thought. Clearly, this hobby can only "work" for me with a LOT of support from other people - from LTG, for example. I do have one game now and it seems likely I will have it for the foreseeable future. Will I be able to keep it running? Will I be able to rely on parts sources like PPL or Marco? Replacement parts are largely made in China, and China seems to be slowly heading toward a resumption of its manufacturing economy - assuming they still have customers to export to! Still, I can't import them myself, so I expect to rely on PPL and Marco, as well as on local techs. Will my machine eventually become a non-functioning piece of furniture?

We have managed to keep 80+ year old flipperless machines working perfectly. Your nearly new Stern will be fine for a very, very long time. No need to worry.

#13761 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

in all fairness. Flipperless games and tech is very easy to work on and built to last. New sterns can already have problems with crappy connections on cables.

Alright...substitute 25+ year old B/W games. Because things like IDC connections are a super great, robust feature. LOL

3 months later
#14393 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I'm putting up about 5 to 7 of my games up for sale. this is what I have up so far. Once I hit the dollar amount I need. everything left will get pulled.

Machine - For Sale

Transformers (Premium/LE) HUO W/Custom Megatron

New!

HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “HUO TF Decepticon LE. Number 34. Completely customized 1 of a kind megatron. With moving arm, and light up eyes when lock is lit. Graining video footage can be seen here, righ...”

10 hours ago

Burlington, WI

5,500 (OBO)

CaptainNeo

Machine - For Sale

Sinbad with Ni-Wumpf CPU

New!

Fully shopped/refurbished “Nice condition sinbad. Nice backglass. Ni-Wumpf MPU board. Plays 100%. Front line of drops are all brand new. All LED'd correctly with 2 SMD frosted whites from Comet. From my pers...”

10 hours ago

Burlington, WI

1,400 (OBO)

CaptainNeo

Machine - For Sale

Batman Forever W/color DMD + 9 piece armor set

New!

Partially restored (almost original) “Here is a very nice example Batman forever. Very nice cabinet, and playfield. no broken plastics or ramps. Plays 100%. Comes with brand new (just bought last weeks) color DMD t...”

15 hours ago

Burlington, WI

4,900 (OBO)

CaptainNeo

Machine - For Sale

Scramble (rare technoplay)

New!

Fully shopped/refurbished “Very nice, and ultra rare Scramble , by technoplay. I've only found 1 person to have a fully working copy of this game. Has Brinks NV ram installed, so you don't need batteries...”

15 hours ago

Burlington, WI

3,800 (OBO)

CaptainNeo

Machine - For Sale

Miss World Geiger (1 of 6 made)

New!

Fully restored (full original status) “Here is a super rare Miss world. 1 of 6 ever actually made. This is the only one that has unique stenciled cabinet art. Original game didn't have original art for the cabinet....”

15 hours ago

Burlington, WI

9,500 (OBO)

CaptainNeo

I will be also posting
Joker Poker
Count- Down
Orbitor 1
Escape from Lost world
maybe Indy 500, but i'm going to see where some of these others go first. I already had a game sell that I wasn't planning on selling.

Hope all is well Neo. I know you aren't much of a seller of your good stuff. If I had the money, that BF would look really good in my basement. Best of luck!

#14408 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

IO moon just went up for sale

Machine - For Sale

Io Moon (1 of 2 in the USA)

New!

Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “This is considered my flagship game of my collection. Took me 10 years to even find one. Super rare game. with Less than 50 ever made. I only know of 1 other copy that exists ...”

1 hour ago

Burlington, WI

CaptainNeo

Are you dying? I hope you aren't dying.

1 week later
#14432 3 years ago

Jurassic Park pro for sale or preferably trade in Plymouth, WI. Has pooling, but includes a new playfield. Lots of mods. Looks and plays great. Hoping to find a Stranger Things, Deadpool, or TMNT, but will consider others.

Machine - For Trade
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “HUO, second owner Jurassic Park pro. Lots of mods. Looks and plays great other than typical clearcoat pooling issues from an early run game. Two posts have minor cracking/peelin...”
2020-07-07
Plymouth, WI
Trade
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 993 times

#14434 3 years ago

Anyone looking to sell a gently used Stranger Things, Deadpool, or TMNT (yeah right) before I place an IFPA rewards order for a new one?

Added over 4 years ago:

No longer looking. Thanks.

4 weeks later
#14520 3 years ago

Looking to trade a very nice TWD premium out. Wants include ST prem/LE, DP pro/prem, TMNT, TAV LE, SM, IM, Beatles, etc. +/- cash. Will consider cash offers if a trade doesn't pop up.

Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “For sale or trade, TWD premium. This was a routed machine, but you would hardly know it. The cabinet looks new. Playfield is very nice with only a small amount of shooter lane w...”
2020-08-08
Plymouth, WI
Archived after: 12 days
Viewed: 899 times

Added over 4 years ago:

Clarifying...ST means Star Trek.

1 week later
#14588 3 years ago
Quoted from zenbone:

I will be in this thread a lot more soon, selling our house in Clearwater FL and moving up to Appleton WI. We are coming up for the final house hunt/make offer trip 9/10. bringing all our machines up with us to build out a basement pinball bar room.

Welcome to the area! You are landing in what, in my humble opinion, is one of the best pinball locations around. District 82 (90+ immaculate machines), Player 2 Arcade Bar (now with two locations), plus some amazing home collections are all right in your new backyard, and it's home to the Fox Cities Pinball League. Plus Milwaukee and Madison offer more great locations (GARCADE! and many others), awesome tournaments, and amazing home collections. And the cream of the crop...which unfortunately couldn't happen this year, but will make a triumphant return...Midwest Gaming Classic in Milwaukee. Many, many great people in the area. Fun times are in store for you!

1 month later
#14799 3 years ago

If you are going to try to insult someone, at least try to figure out how the quoting system works first.

2 weeks later
#14881 3 years ago

So, I am itching for both a TMNT pro (not against a prem/LE) and an AIQ prem (or LE, but $). Been thinking about moving along some of the lesser loved stuff in the basement, and thought I'd float out a feeler before getting everything ready and ads put up. If anyone is thinking of moving a TMNT or AIQ and wants to discuss an oddball trade, let me know. I have done crazier and it's worked out well for both sides. Here is what I'm considering letting go:

Haunted House - good average players condition, a little typical wear, nice BG, has a display that likes to come and go...I think it's a connector as a tap on the head brings it back usually. Has a couple minor board hacks (honestly not positive what is hack and what is ground mod, LOL), but it's been solid the many years I have owned it, so I never got around to fixing or replacing. Has a Rottendog power supply board. Plays great and pretty fast for a HH.

1959 Gottlieb Straight Shooter woodrail - Really beautiful shape. Perfect repro backglass and plastics. Very nice playfield. Decent cab. Plays awesome.

1976 Bally Flip Flop - semi-working project. Just tore it apart and cleaned up the playfield (still in process putting back together actually). Very nice BG, above average pf, will need some mechanical work, but complete. Before tear-down I could start a game but had a few issues. Will have it back together at minimum before selling.

1976 Americoin Junkyard EM arcade crane game - works well, decent amount of cars. Decent cab. Non-original 8-track and the sound comes and goes. I believe it to be a connector issue, but never bothered with it. Really fun game that I will probably regret selling, but it just doesn't get played.

I believe these four machines would get me about in the ballpark of a TMNT pro, and someone with the ambition to fix a few issues and flip them could probably come out way ahead.

Other stuff that could more reluctantly go:
1955 Williams Jolly Joker EM arcade roll down game - not quite a pinball, but kind of. Very cool, roll the balls, light up poker hands. Very nice overall with slight flaking on BG. Very hesitant to let this one go, but would for the right trade/offer.

1952 Rock-Ola 1436 Fireball 120 Jukebox. All original, unrestored. Decent shape, works great. Could include a bunch of 45s but nothing special. Very cool machine and again it would take a good offer to let it go.

I also have a couple Arcade 1-up machines (Centipede and Asteroids) and a older CRT based bar-top MegaTouch that could help round out a trade if need be.

Again, nothing officially up for sale yet, but if someone with a TMNT or AIQ sees something they would be interested in trading for +/- a bit of cash, let me know. I know it's a long shot, but heck, I once traded 6 machines for 1, so worth floating out there. LOL

#14892 3 years ago
Quoted from SevenEightyRacer:

JediTurtle
For what its worth I absolutely LOVE my TMNT pro. And the 1987 code update with the custom music over it is next level esp. For a fan.
I say get TMNT.

Yeah, I'm definitely leaning that way. I just got to play both games for the first time a few days ago, and while I loved them both and hope to own both at some point, TMNT is the one I can't stop thinking about. We will see what opportunity presents itself first.

Now...who wants to make a wacky trade, LOL...

2 weeks later
#14953 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

well some yes. but I have old games I bought that were 30 years old when I got them, and still havn't had a problem over the past 10 years of owning it.

Yeah...because someone already spent 30 years fixing them before they got to you!

1 week later
#15007 3 years ago
Quoted from Mikemolang:

Any chance you have the schem for that 1955 Williams Jolly Joker EM arcade roll down game?
Peace,
Mike

Afraid not. That said, it couldn't be more simple. Each hole has a switch that lights the corresponding backglass light. That's about it.

#15039 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

By locking yourself into HUO and the latest and greatest you are missing out on the best of what pinball has to offer. You have the rest of your life to own thise games and enjoy them. I am on my way home right now with a decent condition Shadow in the back of the car. A couple nights ago I picked up a nice Jungle Lord project. Open yourself up to older games and a few dents and scratches. Only then will you see what i am talking about.

Wait, wait, wait. ANOTHER Jungle Lord? How many is that now...37?!

1 month later
#15363 3 years ago

Thinking about offering my Batman 66 premium as trade bait for an Avengers IQ Prem/LE or maybe a Deadpool (mostly Prem/LE but might consider pro). Not looking for a straight sale yet, just seeing if it would shake the right machine loose. Will likely post a full ad in the next day or so. HUO first owner, low plays, Stern LE sideblades, a few other minor mods. Let me know if interested.

Added over 3 years ago:

Traded

#15365 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you still didn't get a deadpool?

I had a pro for awhile. Long story short I sold it with the intent of upgrading to a premium right away and those plans fell through. I'm probably leaning more towards an AIQ right now, but if the right DP deal came along I could be talked into it.

1 week later
#15483 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Selling my JP Premium. I think it's priced very fair considering all the mods. Not trying to gouge anyone with the current ridiculous pinball prices.

Sale Pending!

Jurassic Park (Premium) - Modded

New!

HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) “This machine plays fast and flawless. It's dialed in and everything shoots well and works as it should. It's got a lot of really nice mods. It has very low plays. Pinstadiums in...”

5 hours ago

Otsego, MN

8,000 (Firm)

NightTrain

Wow...that powdercoat is beautiful! Awesome color choice.

#15502 3 years ago

Merry Christmas all! Can't wait until we can hang out and flip a few again!

1 week later
#15583 3 years ago
Quoted from zenbone:

Anyone in Wisconsin have Pre-War pins they are selling? i have been looking around but haven't seen any for sale in WI since moving here.

I have a 1955 Williams Jolly Joker roll-down machine. Not quite a prewar pin, but some similarities, so may be of interest. Not really looking to sell, but it doesn’t get played much so the right offer could move it. Really cool little machine.

1 week later
#15638 3 years ago

I'm thinking about trading out my HUO and well tweaked Star Wars pro. Would be looking for Deadpool pro/prem, Star Trek prem/LE, or other stuff from my wishlist and maybe beyond. Will add appropriate cash as needed. Will try to get an ad up soon, but thought I'd drop it here first.

Also considering upgrading my Stranger Things pro to a prem/LE and MAYBE the same with my BK:SOR, so if you have either of those you'd be interested in trading in any combination with their pro versions and/or SW, let me know. Not sure on those, but might as well throw it out there.

#15642 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I give it 6 months before you get it back again....LOL
Good luck on your search, lots of great games to choose from!

LOL...it's like you know me. You might not be wrong. It is a great game. I think it's just a combination of being too cooped up at home and mid-life crisis that has me constantly needing to get new games lately. It must be my coping mechanism. And honestly it's a bit of an excuse to look for a Comic Premium if I do ever decide to get another one. It might be longer than 6 months this time though. Maybe.

#15644 3 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Called it. Someone owes me money!

LOL! Hey...it's not a sure thing...but...you know...sometime down the road. Maybe.

#15646 3 years ago

Star Wars pro is posted. Would love to find a Deadpool, but others will be considered.

Machine - For Trade
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “HUO Star Wars pro. I spent many hours tweaking, eliminating nearly all cheap drains from loop, orbits, and scoop. Game looks and plays great, no known issues or flaws. Includes: ...”
2021-01-12
Plymouth, WI
Trade
Archived after: 25 days
Viewed: 960 times

1 week later
#15675 3 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

Quoted from Jediturtle:
And honestly it's a bit of an excuse to look for a Comic Premium if I do ever decide to get another one.

OMG that's hilarious...

I am nothing if not predictable. Love you guys. LOL

2 weeks later
#15752 3 years ago

Deadpool wanted. Will consider pro, premium, or maybe even LE (depending on $). Not looking to ship, but can take a decent road trip if need be.

#15772 3 years ago

Still looking for a Deadpool (pro, prem, or maybe LE), but will also consider Iron Maiden (prem preferred, maybe pro), Stern Jurassic Park (pro, but may consider prem), Stranger Things (premium only - cash purchase or can trade my STh pro towards it), possibly Star Trek LE or Walking Dead LE depending on $ (might consider the right premium), and maybe a GOTG pro (might consider a really good premium deal) or the right Spider-Man.

Added over 3 years ago:

Purchase pending, thanks!

1 month later
#15906 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Yup, you’re crazy for passing on those

I'm kicking myself about that Aerosmith. Pretty sure we're talking about the same one. Since it really isn't top of my wish list, I made the mistake of thinking about it for a couple hours and then asking a question instead of just running. Oh well...not meant to be.

I do agree that the Spike/LCD era machines seem to hold the SAM/DMD era machines down a little in price range other than a few highly desirable machines. I'm not sure that vault edition does much to change that. SAM pros seems to hit that $4500-5k spot while Spikes jump to the $5k-$5500 spot. Of course that varies a bit either direction by title, condition, mods, etc. But with prices these days, who knows. It seems everything has taken another jump, and I am sure the new round of stimulus checks combined with tax returns is going to push demand a bit higher even. Crazy times.

All that said, NoQuarters is one of the good guys for sure, and keeps his machines in beautiful condition.

#15908 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

The one in Cambridge you are talking about was the second one at that price that I could have bought within the month.
I honestly hadn't thought the market went up by $500 overnight, but it appears that is the case.
Lots of games moving quickly.

Well hell. Any other $4500 HUO Aerosmith's floating around out there? LOL

#15922 3 years ago
Quoted from BadgeringBadger:

Spent a bunch of time playing a few games I was interested in, and I think I'm going to go after either an Avengers: Infinity Quest (Premium) or Batman 66 . Not too into the superhero theme, but good pinball is good pinball and I enjoyed playing AIQ. Batman has always been a favorite.
Which of the two would you guys pick? Anyone have a used one that they might want to sell before I get one new?

I actually traded my BM'66 for my AIQ. Both are great games. I just didn't feel the premium value was there for Batman. Ironically, the thing that is obviously the "premium feature", the turntable, is the part of the machine that they could have easily done without. It's just...not great. Everything else is really good though, and if it were a pro priced machine, I would have kept it. I wouldn't be shocked to have one back someday (and neither would anyone who knows me, LOL). It's a great theme, fun layout, and insanely deep code. Probably it's biggest plus is the theme and theme integration. It's 60s era Batman through and through, and it has tons and tons of A/V assets used very well. I would say if you AREN'T a fan of that era Batman, this machine would lose a lot of it's luster.

AIQ is awesome all around, and to me it does completely justify the premium price tag (though I'm sure the pro is good too). Amazing, completely unique layout. Awesome art. Very good code (better than Batman even in my opinion, but that's definitely opinion and will vary). While I love the theme and how it is used, I would say the layout is the real star here. Even if you aren't a huge fan of the theme, I could see loving how this machine shoots and the unique rules.

Best of luck. Both are awesome machines, so probably a can't lose. It might come down to which theme you are a bigger fan of and which machine is more easily available when you are ready to buy.

#15942 3 years ago

If anyone is thinking of selling a gently used TMNT pro, let me know. I have a buddy looking for one. Thanks!

#15945 3 years ago
Quoted from AudioHaven:

Any chance he has anything he'd consider trading...or trading plus cash? I have a minty TMNT Pro that I'd trade...I have a soft spot for early solid state Bally...but will keep an open mind.

No, sorry. This will be his first game.

2 weeks later
#16040 3 years ago

Let's keep the political stuff out of this thread guys. I get that it's a sensitive topic, but there are plenty of other places to discuss. Stay safe all!

1 month later
#16234 2 years ago

Different people generally have very different ideas as to what defines condition. The words "mint" and "excellent condition" are used very often, and rarely are those machines actually mint or excellent. Posting clear pictures of key areas goes a long way to leveling expectations.

There is a Nascar that has been on Facebook for quite awhile, which I would have bought by now if it were anywhere near what the description says. Thankfully the seller also posted a few pics, which tell a very different story than the description does. I would be pissed if I would have made a few hour trip based on the description only. Not saying that seller is purposely trying to be deceitful (maybe, maybe not)...they may not actually know what to look for or may just not care about the issues that were clearly visible. But regardless, it certainly isn't "mint" by any normal definition.

Bottom line...I don't care if it's a decent deal, in this day and age where digital photography is ridiculously quick and easy, if you can't even be bothered to take a couple decent pictures of something you want to sell for thousands of dollars, it's just not worth dealing with. It's not like we are talking about a $500 MM here where it's worth going "no questions asked".

1 month later
#16373 2 years ago

Thinking about selling my 1955 Williams Jolly Joker EM poker hand roll-down machine. Very cool machine where you roll 5 larger balls down the glass where they drop down onto the playfield into saucers to create poker hands which light up on the backglass. Very good condition for it's age other than some flaking on the backglass. Not really sure where to value it since you never see these pop up, so if you are interested feel free to make an offer. I might consider interesting trades, but mostly wanting cash to fund a new toy.

Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Very cool old machine where you roll the balls (larger than pinballs) across the glass, they fall onto the playfield, and bounce into saucers to make poker hands which light on the...”
2021-10-01
Plymouth, WI
1,000 (OBO)
Viewed: 973 times

1 month later
#16544 2 years ago

Will probably be posting my HUO TMNT pro later today. Looking for trade ideas first. Has 1100 plays, but the playfield was replaced less than 200 plays ago (original was grainy, new is beautiful), so it is basically as new. No issues or flaws. Has Tilt Grapics art blades and button surround, otherwise stock. Would hope to find a Deadpool, Mando, Maiden, Spiderman, etc. Probably pro level straight trade, but may consider +/-$. Could include Jolly Joker roll-down machine in a 2-for-1. Let me know if you are interested.

2 weeks later
#16622 2 years ago

LOL...wtf is happening?

Ahh good old Pinside being Pinside.

1 week later
#16688 2 years ago

Had some interesting offers, but still looking for the right trade. Highest wants are Iron Maiden, Deadpool, or a very nice red Spider-Man. Open to others, so feel free to throw something out there. Thanks!

Machine - For Trade
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Throwing this out as trade bait to see what shakes loose. If the right trade doesn't pop up within a few days, will entertain cash offers. HUO TMNT Pro. Has just over 1100 plays...”
2021-08-20
Plymouth, WI
Trade
Archived after: 5 days
Viewed: 833 times

1 month later
#16845 2 years ago

Looking to move a couple machines. Will make a package deal or trade together for Led Zeppelin premium plus cash.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “For sale, beautiful 2nd owner HUO Wolverine. Looks and plays great. One tiny scratch on left side rail powdercoat as shown in pics. No other known flaws or issues. Shows 1200 p...”
2021-10-01
Plymouth, WI
6,200 (OBO)
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 543 times

Machine - For Sale
DE Jurassic Park Archived
Partially restored (almost original) - “Good looking and playing DE JP for sale. Not collectors quality, but not a beater either. Been in my collection for almost 10 years and multiple trips to MGC with very few issues...”
2021-10-01
Plymouth, WI
3,800 (OBO)
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 320 times

Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Very cool old machine where you roll the balls (larger than pinballs) across the glass, they fall onto the playfield, and bounce into saucers to make poker hands which light on the...”
2021-10-01
Plymouth, WI
1,000 (OBO)
Viewed: 973 times

#16848 2 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Jurassic park data east for $3,800 holy shit!

Yeah I know...too cheap apparently!

All sold, thanks!

1 month later
#17200 2 years ago

Will likely regret posting this, but I'm toying with the idea of trading out my A:IQ Premium. HUO, first owner, ~700 plays. Mostly thinking TWD:LE (possibly the right premium), Deadpool premium (maybe LE depending on $ needed), maybe Godzilla premium. Might consider a few others, but those are the ones that might be interesting enough to move. +/- appropriate cash. Local only (I do not mind a few hour drive to meet), and I am only interested in near perfect quality. Just throwing it out there to see if there would be any interest.

#17204 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

three excellent choices imo.

Thanks! Also toying with the idea of Alice Cooper. Apparently Halloween has made me want more Spooky. I've always liked that game but have only played it a handful of time. And then there are the American Pinball games that I really enjoyed playing at Expo and MGC...LOL. Man pinball is a terrible disease. And of course, I'm not sure I really should part with AIQ either, LOL. My regret pile doesn't need to get any bigger. I hate pinball.

#17210 2 years ago

Machine - For Trade
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Throwing this out as trade bait to see what shakes loose. May change my mind in the morning, LOL. HUO, first owner A:IQ premium with just over 700 plays. Looks and plays great. ...”
2021-12-06
Plymouth, WI
Trade
Archived after: 13 days
Viewed: 654 times

Looking for a trades for now. Mainly Alice Cooper, Houdini, Legends of Valhalla, Beatles, Walking Dead LE (maybe the right premium), Deadpool. +/- cash as appropriate. Will try to get pics taken tonight but...it's a nice, low play HUO machine.

2 weeks later
#17255 2 years ago

WTB: Beatles, Houdini, TWD LE (maybe prem), Deadpool (pro or prem), Star Trek prem or LE, Spider-Man red (maybe black or vault). Only looking for very nice examples (low play HUO preferred).

#17268 2 years ago

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

Still looking for a TWD prem/LE or a Houdini. Cash in hand and can pick up today!

#17276 2 years ago

Still looking for a gently used TWD premium (LE is probably out of my price range these days) or a Houdini.

#17283 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

thought you already had TWD?

I did. Then I didn’t. Then I did again. Now I don’t again. It’s a sickness.

So who wants to start the New Year with a fist full of cash instead of their TWD?

3 weeks later
#17330 2 years ago

Yeah, I'm going to take some crap for this from my friends, but anyone looking to move a Stern Star Wars pro (original or comic)? Might consider a premium depending on price.

#17332 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Eh, you're good. No criticism on anyone for what games they like. Just don't pay 10k for a pro

It's more the fact that I just bought my third Spiderman and this would be my third SW, LOL!
Pinball is a disease.

1 week later
#17348 2 years ago

Still looking for a Star Wars pro or TWD premium.

1 week later
#17382 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I've been thinking about tournaments. Can anyone recommend one between Milwaukee and Madison WI, or Appleton/Fremont for a first timer?
I cant do leagues during the week due to my irregular work schedule, and I'm up north every other weekend.

Check out District 82 in DePere! It is an amazing place, and has started pulling people from around the world to the big events. The Winter 2X is coming up in a couple weeks, but is sold out with a big waiting list. The Lucky 13 is coming up in March though. That would be a great one to check out!
https://district82.com/event/4th-annual-winter-2x-pinball-tournaments/

Otherwise just take a look at their calendar. There is always another big event coming up.

1 week later
#17443 2 years ago

Still looking for a Star Wars pro (maybe prem), Beatles Gold, or TWD premium. MIGHT be convinced to trade my IMDN pro towards a TWD LE if that would shake one loose.

Added over 2 years ago:

No longer looking. Thanks!

1 month later
#17553 2 years ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Long time no see...back in the market gotta start building back up. Looking for BKSOR pro/prem, IMDN pro , TNA. Let me know!

I'm probably going to be selling my IMDN at some point. Was planning to wait a few months (when my P3 balance gets closer to due! ), or take it to MGC , but I could probably move it early if the right deal pops up. Shoot me a PM if you are still looking and want to talk about it.

2 weeks later
#17637 2 years ago

If anyone is interested in trading their Beatles for a JP pro plus cash or an IMDN pro plus cash, or preferably for both with cash coming my way, let me know. Not interested in moving the JP for any other reason at this time, but Maiden will be for sale at MGC otherwise. Just thought I would float this out there before the show.

#17647 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

If anyone is interested in trading their Beatles for a JP pro plus cash or an IMDN pro plus cash, or preferably for both with cash coming my way, let me know. Not interested in moving the JP for any other reason at this time, but Maiden will be for sale at MGC otherwise. Just thought I would float this out there before the show.

Here is my Maiden which will be for sale at MGC:

Machine - For Sale
Fully restored (full original status) - “This machine will be for sale at MGC this coming week. I am placing an ad now as I have had a number of inquiries about making a deal ahead of the show. The price is $7k obo AT M...”
2022-04-21
Plymouth, WI
7,000 (OBO)
Viewed: 289 times

#17657 2 years ago

I will have my JP pro at MGC. If anyone in interested in trading their Beatles Gold for it plus cash your way at the show, let me know.

#17662 2 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I have a really nice Skateball for $2999.99

ekthoren This would be awesome at D82!

#17665 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Even if I want this game for myself I find it difficult to ‘not’ upvote pins I like going to D82…

Totally didn't mean to step on your toes. I'm sure Russ will sell to the first to commit. And if you haven't dealt with him before, he's a great guy and if he says it's nice, it's nice.

1 month later
#17788 1 year ago

Thinking about trading out my JP pro. HUO, third owner. Unfortunately it has an early, peely playfield. I have added many washers under posts, and the only place that looks bad is the post under the third flipper. There was a fair amount of art lost there, and I did a rough touch up and a large washer to cover it. I do have a replacement playfield approved by Stern through a very good local distributor, but am still waiting for it. I have no doubt I will get it eventually, but no idea when (it's been well over a year because of COVID delays). I am willing to work with the buyer of the pin to make sure the playfield gets to them when it arrives, or adjust the trade value accordingly if they do not care. Game is presentable as-is, but not mint. Other than that, the machine looks and plays great. For those that attended MGC this year, this was the one there. Has Stern art blades. I also have the Tilt topper, Stern side rails, and Stern lit shooter knob which can be included depending on the deal (I removed these before MGC and haven't put them back on...no extra holes were drilled for the rails).

Top wants are Mando premium (or LE, depending on $), Deadpool premium (or maybe pro) or Beatles Gold, but also possibly interested in, Star Trek prem/LE, Star Wars prem, TWD prem/LE, maybe a few others. Obviously cash added from my end for most of these. Mostly looking to trade, but would entertain cash offers if nothing shakes loose.

Will try to post an ad soon. Obviously pics will be available for anyone interested detailing the playfield flaws.

1 week later
#17815 1 year ago

Anyone thinking of moving a very nice Star Trek premium? Would also be interested in an LE, but my budget likely wouldn't be...

Bonus points if a JP pro trade interests you...

#17818 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I'd be willing to part with my STLE for $10k. Looks to be a fair price based on current listings and archived ads.

Thanks for the offer. I do think that's fair, but in all honesty I just can't swing that. I appreciate it though.

3 weeks later
#17887 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

ST Pro has sold, donation to Pinside made.
Thanks, Aaron (aaron6920 )!

Glad that worked out! I was so tempted, but just not the right timing.

2 months later
#18216 1 year ago

Will be listing my first owner, HUO low play Led Zepp Premium with Stern Shooter and side rails soon. I'm thinking $8500 obo. Cash mostly, but might be tempted by the right trade.

Also been thinking about letting my third owner HUO JP pro go. Has Stern Shooter, side rails, and art blades. It has an early pf with pooling and some peel covered up with washers. Only really noticeable spot is the usual upper flipper post which had some nasty peel that I touched up slightly and was able to cover most of with a large washer. Still has a small chip visible, but it's behind the post so not visible unless you are looking for it. I do not think any other flaws are visible. The kicker is I was approved for a replacement playfield by Stern over a year and a half ago. My distributor follows up monthly and is ignored. I will say Stern has never not delivered for me once approved, but I'm getting to the point of just being over it. I would assume it will show up someday, but who knows. I'd happily make a deal with the buyer that if/when it shows up, the pf would go to them. Or lower the price to compensate for the pf and then just sell it when it arrives. I don't know. I planned to keep it until the pf showed up and either do the swap myself or sell them together, but I'm kind of sick of waiting at this point. I would say this machine is best for someone that is going to route it, or isn't super concerned about having a perfect playfield. The rest of the machine looks and plays great. Not really sure what I would ask for it with the flaws and replacement playfield situation, so if you are interested shoot me a message and we will go from there. Again, cash or the right trade.

#18218 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Totally unrelated...I have your old TMNT now Jediturtle

Nice! Another in a long line of pins I probably shouldn't have sold (especially with the recent code improvements). It's a sickness, LOL!

Totally spaced out and forgot my JP has the Tilt Topper too. If anyone played the one at MGC in the freeplay area this past year, this was it.

#18227 1 year ago
Quoted from Waxx:

What code improvements? I loved mine but the scoring was heavily imbalanced.

The latest code had a couple nice changes. Mode scoring was doubled. And more importantly to me, Neutrino Pizza Party was made much more obtainable. Now you only have to level up once to qualify it, instead of three times. A few more tweaks to balance all the side goals and I would be pretty happy.

#18267 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Please stop talking about TWD I'm trying really hard to not want one again.
I was turned on to it by the Premium actually and owned a pro for a while. Next time it would have to be a Premium mainly for the multicolored GI and walker bombs.

Most people say pro for TWD, but I'm definitely on the premium train since owning both for awhile. I'm a big fan of the upgrades on this one, but the pro is no slouch. I'd definitely like another prem (or LE but those prices have gone crazy too). In fact, if anyone wants to trade a very nice TWD premium for an as-new LZ prem, let's talk!

#18282 1 year ago

Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “First owner, low play (~300), as new condition. Has Stern side rails and shooter knob and a shooter lane protector + mylar. Looks and plays great. Never had any issues with the ...”
2022-12-17
Plymouth, WI
7,300 (Firm)
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 2421 times

Happy to listen to trade ideas or cash offers. Thanks!

2 months later
#18547 1 year ago

Like new, low play LZ premium with Stern Armor and Shooter. Come spend the money Santa left you since he couldn't fit one down the chimney!

Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “First owner, low play (~300), as new condition. Has Stern side rails and shooter knob and a shooter lane protector + mylar. Looks and plays great. Never had any issues with the ...”
2022-12-17
Plymouth, WI
7,300 (Firm)
Viewed: 2421 times

2 weeks later
#18634 1 year ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Update: it looks like it sold already, sorry if this became an inappropriate for sale ad. I'll donate to pinside based on the price sold.
Have an old Star Trek Pro that is in good shape that I'm putting up for sale (will donate to pinside if this post results in a sale, I'm going to put an ad up shortly). Looking to get $3900 for it. Also thinking of selling the BM66 too

If the BM66 price is going to be as much of a steal as the ST price was, please PM me!

2 weeks later
#18710 1 year ago

Still looking to move out my Led Zepp premium. Cash is best, but would do about half trade/half cash for the right trade. A great scenario would be a $1k or less EM or early SS with the rest cash. But feel free to float other trade ideas at me.

Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “First owner, low play (~300), as new condition. Has Stern side rails and shooter knob and a shooter lane protector + mylar. Looks and plays great. Never had any issues with the EM ...”
2023-01-28
Plymouth, WI
7,200 (Firm)
Archived after: 21 days
Viewed: 929 times

1 week later
#18746 1 year ago

My LZ is still available. Cash or a lower cost (maybe EM or early SS) partial trade. Will likely be for sale at MGC if not sold before.

Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “First owner, low play (~300), as new condition. Has Stern side rails and shooter knob and a shooter lane protector + mylar. Looks and plays great. Never had any issues with the EM ...”
2023-01-28
Plymouth, WI
7,200 (Firm)
Archived after: 21 days
Viewed: 929 times

2 months later
#19148 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Any locals have a walking dead pro/prem they'd part with?

DanQverymuch was thinking about letting his premium go, if he hasn’t already.

6 months later
#20141 5 months ago
Quoted from u2sean:

Hey all you in WI and surrounding areas - if you haven't heard, the Godfather of pinball (Steve Tully) was in a pretty bad car accident not too long ago. I just found out a few days ago, and was made aware tonight of a GoFundMe that his neighbor is putting together to help him and his partner. I know that many of you on this thread know Tully well as he's the MAN at MGC coordinating the Arcade Hall, has been involved with Expo, and really got the pinball rolling in Wisconsin with the Wauna-Tourney so many years ago, and that's just the tip of the iceburg!
Anyway, if you feel so inclined please be sure to check out his GoFundMe and consider helping out the most deserving individual I can think of. https://gofund.me/89b78c8e

Oh crap…I hadn’t heard that. Damn.

1 week later
#20176 5 months ago

If anyone is looking for a BK:SoR pro or an Avengers LE Blue (2012) let me know. Both HUO and well modded (no…no topper with BK though). I am thinking $6500 or so each. I should be posting full ads as soon as possible.

#20200 5 months ago

Ads up for Avengers LE Blue and BK:SoR pro. Both HUO and well modded. Asking $6300 obo each. Mostly looking for cash, but the right trade may be possible. Happy to make a package deal, especially trading both for a Queen, Alien or Godfather with cash coming my way.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “HUO Avengers LE (Blue) in beautiful shape, well modded and well tweaked. Color DMD (LCD) Laseriffic Topper Captain America pop bumper caps Fancy Tesseract See Clearly Inlane/Out...”
2023-11-15
Plymouth, WI
Viewed: 925 times

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “HUO Black Knight: Sword of Rage Pro. First owner. As new condition and well modded. ~800 lifetime plays. Stern Shooter Rod Stern Art Blades Hooked metal pop bumper caps Tilt Gra...”
2023-11-15
Plymouth, WI
6,300 (OBO)
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 314 times

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread?tu=jediturtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.