1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jason_jehosaphat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

283 posts in this topic match your search for posts by jason_jehosaphat. You are on page 1 of 2.
#10219 6 years ago

Hi.

I would love to connect with other pinheads in Minneapolis.

Really, I'd like to make some playing friends, so I don't have to cruise the spots around here alone. I'm not a leaguer, as my skills are just coming up. (To be frank, I can count on one hand the number of replays I've earned.) It would be nice to discuss pinball, share better-play secrets, carpool to distant spots, etc.

I live near Tilt, and it's been ground zero for me lately. Going to conventional pinball spots has taught me that Tilt is basically pinheaven, given its prices and lineup. (Witness: the west wall!) Still, it's not so easy to just introduce yourself to strangers - there or anywhere. So, I'm posting this to connect here first.

What do you say? Got any room in your pinposse? If so, shoot me a message and, if you're game, we can exchange numbers. Then, when I'm heading to Tilt, I'll text you. Ditto: you to me. We can play a game or two together, swap stories, etc. The bar is not my jam, though. Pinball only, for me!

Peace.

J

#10227 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hi Jason, Welcome to Pinside, I take it you don't have any pins yet. You'll have to come over to my place sometime, lots to do here.

Paul,
Hi.
Thanks for responding to my post. I see you have a fistful of games. Wow!
Do you get over to Tilt, or don't you bother? I mean, you basically have a pinball bar of your own, I guess.
I don't have any pins. You're right. I was very excited to buy one - and I did - but I sold it when issues arose about getting it safely into my basement, etc. I've since learned that pins can be broken down - backbox from cabinet - and now I'm searching for a pin again. I check the Marketplace here daily, as well as two groups on Facebook. Oh, and Craigslist.
Today I made my first stop ever at Blainbrook Bowl. There are *many* pins up there, for sure! Honestly, it just made me realize how spoiled we are here in Mpls. to have Tilt.
My favorite pins at Tilt are ToM, TCP, MB, and MM. For Sterns, I like TWD and the new Batman.
I like to watch clips of gameplay on YouTube, particularly those of Bowen Kerins or Keith Elwin. They make it look so easy! I rarely - if ever! - earn replays.
How about you?

#10236 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You'll have to come over to my place sometime, lots to do here.

I would love to.

It sounds like I'm not alone, either.

I don't want to smother you, but yes, I would love to see your collection.

Jason

#10267 6 years ago

Wanted: Williams, Bally, or Stern Pin for $3500 or less

(With all due respect, I am NOT seeking Sega, Data East, or Gottlieb pins.)

Four hours or less driving distance from Minneapolis.

"Players' condition" is fine, but I can't really take on "project" pins.

Must be solid-state and no older than, say, '88. Taxi, for instance, is perhaps the oldest pin I would consider.

(I realize this is not the "Market" portion of pinside, but it is a Minnesota-specific club, so I'm taking a risk and posting here.)

Thanks in advance.

#10275 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Anyone know if Mortimer's in Minneapolis still has the MET LE on-site? I want to try one out before I decide if I'm going to buy one myself. I'll try to get out there tomorrow if they do. Thanks!

This post has me wondering a couple of things.

First, does Mortimer's have pin prices to match those of Tilt? I mean, I know the two bars are under the purview of the same person, but I assumed that Morty's would still have $1 plays, as it's not a pinball-specific bar.

Second, Tilt hasn't got a single "band" pin. No Aerosmith. No Metallica. No KISS. Such pins are apparently good sellers for Stern. So why none in Tilt? My suspicion is that the answer has to do with the fact that band pins crank out their own music during gameplay. Perhaps Tilt doesn't want the competition from its own machines when it comes to tunes, etc. Of course, at full-tilt in Tilt, the din is enough to drown out any individual pin's sounds, whatever they might be. The loudest pin I've ever played beside was Metallica - not from games sounds but from the song that plays over them. Iron Man gets fairly loud, too, with all that ammunition being unspooled during certain multi-balls. The Walking Dead is also noisy, as the designers loaded *many* shock sounds into it, like those of horror movies, to "scare" the player, etc. I'm not saying I like silent pinball - indeed I think TWD is hella tight! I'm just wondering why Tilt decided to pass on band pins. Plenty of people hail Metallica as the best Stern pin, yet Tilt has hustled to get Stern's Batman, Spider-Man, and Star Wars, but no Metallica.

#10279 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Mortimer's pins cost more money per play. Tilt has to do cheap pins to compete with Up Down.
Tilt used to have Aerosmith. KISS was a horrible earner and was long since pulled from Mortimer's and Sun Ray Lanes and sold. D&G always buys the newest games and since he has a few options on where to route them, he will move them if they aren't doing well. If Aerosmith is already pulled from Tilt, I can only imagine it wasn't earning and he is going to try it somewhere else instead. There's just so many pinball companies with so many options nowadays that it doesn't make sense to keep a game on route if it isn't earning well and something else could do better.

And here I thought UP/DOWN had quarter pins to match Tilt!

D&G? Is that the vending company that supplies these bars? Are you telling me the bars' owner really just lets D&G install whatever pins "earn" and pull whichever don't? And you're right: Tilt *did* have an Aerosmith in the early going. I never saw it running though.

#10281 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Up Down opened first, with quarter play.
D&G ( John Galvin ) and another couple bought Mortimers and opened Tilt.
So one of the bar's owners installs or removes the whatever.
LTG : )

Wow! 'twas UP/DOWN that set the tone with quarter pins! I would never have guessed!

UP/DOWN is less my jam, but I'm grateful it's there. I do stop there - just less often than I stop at Tilt.

I still assume John Galvin is a serious pinhead. Anyone who would have a lineup like he has on the west wall of Tilt has got to be someone who strives to be a dreammaker, not simply an earner. If I ever met the dude, I would be incredibly effusive.

1 month later
#10387 6 years ago

Local retail sources for Novus cleaners/polishers?

Hi.

Can I buy bottles of Novus 1 and 2 off the shelf anywhere in the Twin Cities, or must I buy them online?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

#10391 6 years ago

Thank you, Alex, Lloyd, and BF for your replies.

I'll be looking at Ace and auto parts stores. Car/motorcycle dealerships are notorious for charging premiums for any/all parts/accessories, so I will probably avoid them as a source.

Amazon is, of course, the cheapest, but I wanted to give my business to a local retailer if possible.

Peace.

3 weeks later
#10459 6 years ago

Wanted: Stern or Bally/Williams Pin

Hi again.

At the risk of being a pest, I'm posting (again) that I'm hoping to find a nice pin here in the region.

I'm coming off a dispiriting experience buying a pin from a distant seller ($1K loss when the dust had settled), so I'm focused on finding something in the area that I can drive to and actually inspect first-hand, etc.

I would like to find a routed Stern title for c. $4K, such as IM, MET, or TWD. I can go as high as $4.2K for the right pin. Spending more than that on a Stern makes less sense when NIB from Stern, delivered, costs just $1K more.

With all due respect, I am *not* looking for anything but Stern or Bally/Williams, and I'm *not* looking for titles older than '93.

If you have a pin for sale or if you have any contacts who might have one for sale in my price range, any/all leads would be *much* appreciated! And yes, I have looked carefully - today and almost every day - for offerings on Craigslist. If there are titles there now that meet my criteria, they happen to be pins that either (a) I'm not interested in or (b) have what I perceive to be a low resale value and thus are better to avoid, etc.

Thanks for reading my post.

J

3 weeks later
#10582 6 years ago

*** Pin Transport Help Sought: Stillwater to Minneapolis ***

Hi.

If there is anyone whom I could enlist to help me move a prepped pin from Stillwater to Minneapolis, I would love to hire you.

The pin in question is wrapped and strapped to a dolly, still in the seller's home. My plan was to haul it home in my compact car, but that didn't pan out. The load-out is a bit tricky, but not too bad. The pin is waiting in the seller's bar, near his garden-level double-door back door. Those doors lead onto a patio and then to a seventy-foot, sloping stretch of lawn up to the driveway. The load-in is actually tricky, as it involves a basement stairwell that is narrow and makes a sharp turn midway down. I may borrow a sheet of plastic from Mustang Paul (if he's willing) and use that to slide the pin down the stairs.

The pin's dimensions are 52" x 24.5" x 24.5". I s'pose it weighs 225lb. I can pay your for your time, lifting energy, and gas. Roundtrip from my house in Mpls. to the seller's in Stillwater is 60 miles.

If you have an appropriate car/truck and the time/interest, please shoot me a quote as to what I could pay you for the help.

I should mention that the seller, Tom, has been exceedingly kind/generous in this transaction. I will NOT be leaning on him for any more assistance in the load-out. He has already gone above/beyond in this sale.

As for timing, I can adjust my schedule to fit yours, and I believe the seller is fairly flexible, too. Ideally, *two* strong people would help with this, if possible. I'm a bit banged up right now so doing a lot of heavy lifting is more than I can manage, frankly.

Thanks for reading my post!

Jason

2 months later
#10935 6 years ago

*** Wanted: Stern or B/W Pinball Near Minneapolis ***

Hi, area collectors.

At the risk of being a pest, I'm asking - again - if any local Pinsiders/collectors have any new'ish Stern and/or clean B/W pins for sale.

I recently sold my one/only pin (HUO TWD Pro, $4.4K), thinking I would find a replacement quickly enough. Despite lots of dogged searching and plenty of cold calling, I have not.

Titles that top my list for the moment are TWD, AC/DC, MET, SW (all Premiums), IM, DI, ToM, and ST:TNG.
Even if your potential sale pin isn't on my list, if it's a B/W or Stern title from '93 or newer, I would love to hear about it. (With all due respect, no GOTG for me, please.)

I'm ready to drive a fair distance from Minneapolis - say, three hours each way.

I check the Pinside Classifieds daily, as well as Craigslist, Facebook, and Mr. Pinball, and I try to befriend as many local Pinsiders as I can, hoping to expand my network, etc. I don't play in any leagues, however.

If you reply, please PM me directly.

Thanks for reading my post!

Jason

2 weeks later
#10968 6 years ago

** Pin Hauling Prospects: MGC Back to Minneapolis: Anyone? **

Can I hire anyone to haul a boxed pin from the show next month in Milwaukee back to Minneapolis?

If you have the means to do this and can take on another job, or if you know of another hauler who might have space/interest, I'd love to hear from you/him/her/they. I could pay you a fair sum, naturally. Maybe you could shoot me a number in your reply. I would have you drop it at my garage in South Minneapolis in return for cash. If you are a veteran Pinsider with a solid reputation as a standup dude, I will happily pay you in advance via PayPal.

Thanks.

3 weeks later
#11084 6 years ago

** WCS94 sale pin, anyone? **

Hoping to find a clean, working example of WCS94 here in the region.

I'm in Minneapolis but am prepared to drive three hours each way to gather it.

I would consider even more distant sale pins, although shipping fees would most likely sour the deal. Still, I would still like to hear about whatever you might have on offer.

If you do reply, please PM me directly.

3 weeks later
#11188 5 years ago

Wanted:

Mirror blades to fit modern Stern here in the Twin Cities Metro area.

I'm happy to drive, say, 45 minutes in any direction from Minneapolis to get them.

Thanks.

3 weeks later
#11268 5 years ago

Wanted: HUO MET Premium

Hoping to find this title within, say, three-hours driving distance of Minneapolis.

If you have one you might sell, or if you know of anyone who might be selling, please shoot me a message.

Thanks!

game_metallicaprem (resized).jpggame_metallicaprem (resized).jpg
1 week later
#11317 5 years ago

Any Pinsiders make it to the Back to the Fifties car show at the Fair Grounds?

Got a pic or two to share?

My hunch is there's a fair bit of crossover between cars and pinball. As in, pinheads love cars the way hot rodders love pinball. That sort of thing. And cars are - incredibly! - even *more* expensive than pinballs, so looking at restored cars makes me feel like a frugal hobbyist!

cropped-2010-back-to-the-50s-day-3-046a (resized).jpgcropped-2010-back-to-the-50s-day-3-046a (resized).jpg
#11321 5 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

We went on Friday to the show. It wasn’t too hot out and the crowds aren’t as bad as Saturday and Sunday.

Awesome! You made it to the show!

Thanks for posting the photos!

3 weeks later
#11421 5 years ago
Quoted from Schamattack:

The new up down bar taking the comedy cafe on Brady street in mke just posted this picture on fb. Looks like a fun line up.

Gosh. I just hope they don't lavish all the A-list pins on the new location at the expense of the lineup in Minneapolis. I mean, don't get me wrong: I'm oh-so grateful to have Up-Down right here in our backyard. However, apart from the arrival of IMDN last month, the lineup did not grow by a single pin since last October. For a dog's age the lineup has been TAF, IJ:TPA, MM, KISS, WWE, SW, TWD, GOT, GB, and IM. We had MET for a good long time, but it went out for a repair and never came back.

Honestly, what would make far more sense is for all of the Mpls pins to go to the new MKE location and for all the pins slated for the MKE location to come up here. Why? Well, that would mean a fresh lineup for *all* involved.

#11426 5 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

We’ve got a Roadshow set on free play in the green room for the Xgames athletes today.

The "Green Room"? Where is that?

#11428 5 years ago

Ah! The Green Room! Now I'm with you. X-Gamers only!

2 weeks later
#11511 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Jersey Jack Pinball Pirates of the Caribbean launch party coming to SS Billiards soon !

Is this for real? Will this involve an actual Pirates or a cardboard cutout?

#11527 5 years ago

Day 1 of creating Lakeville Minnesota’s latest mancave, pinball, arcade, and overall nerd heaven starting in 3..2..1..
[quoted image]

Will there be a christening? A "launch party"?

If so, what sort brown-nosing do you respond to best, for those of us presently lacking invites?

1 month later
#11763 5 years ago

** Wanted: IM Original or Vault Edition **

Hoping to find a HUO example of Iron Man within three-hours driving distance of Minneapolis.

Thanks.

IM.translite (resized).jpgIM.translite (resized).jpg
#11768 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Does anyone have a local powdercoat shop that does good work? The place I used moved out of town.

Also consider the under-the-radar coater Doug Arntson in Corcoran, MN:

http://www.powdercoatman.com/

He is a small shop, which allows him to offer very good rates. He's done pinballs before. Very nice guy!

FYI: he's on a bike tour this month but should be back to work come October.

#11771 5 years ago

Congrats on the autographed apron cards. Impressive!

Now I can stand *behind* your new pinball and vaguely imagine I'm standing in front of it! Brilliant!

#11772 5 years ago

For you ToM hunters...

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

His number is $1K above market, especially with the monochrome DMD, but this title seems to get hotter by the week. I know FatPanda just sold a re-import a week ago for, what, $6K? I say sit tight for a remake from CGC, but don't tell the seller of this original I told you so!

1 week later
#11805 5 years ago

** Pin Transport Sought: Expo Back to Minneapolis **

I'm negotiating to buy a pinball from a seller in GA who can bring the game to Expo this year.

I'm not planning to go to Expo myself, so I'm asking if there is someone from Minnie who *is* going and who has room in his vehicle whom I could hire to haul it home to me here in Minneapolis.

The pin is a modern Stern and I would be happy to pay you a fair sum for your effort.

Thanks.

#11807 5 years ago

Wow, Lloyd!

You're an angel!

Thanks so much for offering to help!

The pin deal is still under negotiation, but having the transport angle set is a HUGE help.

I will take it up with you in person when I see you next.

BIG thank you!

4 months later
#12188 5 years ago

For Sale in Minneapolis:

2018 Metallica PROmium - HUO/200-plays/Color DMD/Total Lightshow

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/73822

MET.main.powered (resized).jpgMET.main.powered (resized).jpg
#12208 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

1/2 inch of ice lining my driveway and sidewalks.

I see you have a nice smooth, broad driveway, ideal for loading/unloading pinballs! Have you been to I/O up on Willy Street? What do you think?

#12210 5 years ago

Goodness! You've even sold games to them!

Check it out...

IO.Arcade.Bar (resized).jpgIO.Arcade.Bar (resized).jpg
#12212 5 years ago

Or how about this one...

IO.Arcade.Bar.II (resized).jpgIO.Arcade.Bar.II (resized).jpg
#12213 5 years ago

It looks like they're chock full of redemption machines. Good place to loose big.

#12217 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that is NOT I/O gaming bar in Madison...
this is...[quoted image]

Apologies. Grabbed the images from what I thought was I/O's Facebook page.

The place looks great!

#12219 5 years ago

OT: Bicycle Transport Sought - Minneapolis to Milwaukee

Any chance someone with a car large enough to toss an ordinary men's bike inside is planning a trip between Milwaukee and Minneapolis in the weeks ahead? I can pay for your gas ($50) if you can make room for the bike. I will bring the bike to you in Minneapolis and the recipient will come to you in Milwaukee to gather it (assuming your route will take you close to both Minneapolis and Milwaukee). I will also promise sweets/provisions for your trip, perhaps including a deli sandwich or two.

Thanks.

And apologies to pinballers for my off-topic post.

#12226 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Coach McCarthy and his new games!

Sorry, Coach, that you were let go. You should interview at Cinci' instead. I hear they need a new head coach. That way you could go to Pincinnati each year! In the meantime, you have one hell of a start on your game room! Awesome pins! Player one: you're up!

1 week later
#12291 5 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Here’s a video on how to take care of ice dams for ya.

Thanks, RVH. Very helpful. I just tussled with an ice-dam-formed icicle hanging from my roof that is about the size of a narwhal tusk. I thought I could cleave it off with a swing of a shovel while hanging out a second-floor window. Nope. Not even close! I lopped off about three feet of it and the rest isn't going anywhere. I worry about the poor gutters, as all those nested icicles have got to weigh a ton.

1 week later
#12308 5 years ago

Price reduced:

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “(Relisting after local sale fell through) For Sale: Stern Metallica PRO $7K invested March, 2018, build date HUO, c. 200 plays, minty No issues Mods/Upgrades ($1400): 1. Co...”
2019-03-02
Minneapolis, MN
5,400 (OBO)
Archived after: 12 days
Viewed: 555 times

#12329 5 years ago

Curious about what a bogus/scam response to a Craigslist ad might look like? Behold!

"i work as a secondhand dealer located in STEVEN POINT and i am buying this item for my son around your area, He as a pinball handle..i will be having movers come pick up the item after payment is confirmed by you so plan is to send you the check first thing tomorrow in a usps priority express mail and it can be delivered to you as soon as possible"

The classic setup, complete with butchered punctuation/grammar and misspelled words. And these often actually work!

3 weeks later
#12450 5 years ago

Wanted: Stern TWD Premium Pinball

Hoping to find a HUO example of this title within four hours (by car) of Minneapolis.

If you have one you would like to sell, or if you know of one for sale, please PM me.

Thanks.

TWD.Premium (resized).jpgTWD.Premium (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#12548 4 years ago

WANTED:

Button-guard side rails for Stern, new or used. Black preferred.

I'm happy to drive to you to pick up, but can certainly pay to have them shipped if you're too far from Minneapolis.

Thanks.

Stern.rails (resized).jpgStern.rails (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#12623 4 years ago

Wanted in Twin Cities Area: Sheet of Standard Playfield Glass

43 x 21 x 3/16"

Please recommend a glass shop here than can cut a sheet of tempered glass for a pinball.

Or, if you happen to have a spare sheet for sale and you're not too far from Minneapolis, I will gladly buy yours. I set mine down carelessly and - poof! - she was no more. Now I have a heap of beads and they're crackling. That's right, I wrote "crackling." They're making noise, releasing energy for some reason. Weird.

I see Brin Glass Co, SummitGlass, and Hopkins Glass in the Yellow Pages. Anyone buy sheets from any of these shops?

#12625 4 years ago

Stern Pinball Box: Free For the Taking!

I have a nice, intact, complete Stern pinball box, with pallet, for anyone who would like it.

Pickup in Minneapolis, near Uptown.

Includes all original packing materials.

Use it to ship your pinball out of state.

PM me if you're interested.

Stern.Box (resized).jpgStern.Box (resized).jpg
1 week later
#12651 4 years ago

IMDN Premium For Sale in Minneapolis:

IMDN.main (resized).jpgIMDN.main (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#12714 4 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Just thought I would drop this here. For those of you not going to Titletown next Saturday we are having a little party for Spooky Pinball's Latest game...
2 to 6 PM @ the Blue Moon Bar in Madison Next Saturday the 22nd. Spooky, Kingpin, and New Belgium Brewing on hand to Party. No IFPA points, but you will have your chance to play for some awesome prizes including Tickets to go see Alice Cooper live at the Sylvee July 10th. Not to shabby.
New Belgium beer Specials, Pinball, and Crisp Hi-Fives!
Ohh and we just dropped off a Rob Zombie today for a limited engagement, with all proceeds going to the Underdog Pet Rescue of Wisconsin... [quoted image][quoted image]

Just curious: who has played the OKT at this location? Your thoughts?

1 week later
#12768 4 years ago

FREE: Basic, Beginner Soldering Station

(Now reserved for Barkz of Blaine)

Simple Weller base with power dial and holster and a no-frills soldering iron. Works fine. I just upgraded. I may be able to leave it for you to pick up at SS in Hopkins at your convenience if LTG agrees.
Soldering.Iron.freebie (resized).jpgSoldering.Iron.freebie (resized).jpgSoldering.Iron.freebie.rev (resized).jpgSoldering.Iron.freebie.rev (resized).jpg

#12783 4 years ago

** Canceled **

Pinball Moving Help Sought in Minneapolis:

No transport needed; just muscle!

Hoping to hire a local pinballer with a strong back to help me and my neighbor move a JJP standard-body pinball. The pin presently sits in a finished basement in White Bear. LTG has already graciously offered to help with his van and strap-equipped dolly, but asking him to help with the heavy lifting isn't cool. I am not particularly built myself, but I expect to do my share. I know JJP's are heavy, so I'm trying to arrange a third mover. Move will entail the load out in White Bear and then a load in onto the first floor of my home in Minneapolis. I can pay you and give you lunch. I will also pick you up and drop you off. Two hours of work/transit expected. Ideally, this would go down on Sunday morning, June 30th, as that is when Lloyd has the most time to help. I would pick you up and we would rendezvous with Lloyd and then head to the seller's in White Bear to arrive at c. 10:00.

Please text me if you have the time/energy to help out: 612, too-ate-siks, 5571

Thanks!
Pinball.hauling (resized).jpgPinball.hauling (resized).jpg

1 month later
#12931 4 years ago

Congrats to whoever grabbed the ST:TNG on CL Minneapolis today.

One of these days I will set up my smart phone to give me alerts for pin listings on CL and then I, too, will have a shot at deals posted there. As it is, every time I see something worthwhile and send the seller a message, the game is already long gone. "Thanks for your interest but the machine is sold." Sound familiar?

The Next Gen' looked darned good and was just $4.2K. So, congratulations are in order!

#12952 4 years ago

Stern Jurassic Park Pinball Sightings?

Just wondering if anyone in the WI/MN region has seen/played a JP2 on location or in someone's home.

Distros say the PRO's began shipping today. I realize a pin can't be delivered in a single day, but I read about a few examples that were on location in PA last week, so I figured I would ask.

JP2.in.situ (resized).jpgJP2.in.situ (resized).jpg
5 months later
#13513 4 years ago

FYI:

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “For Sale: Stern “The Walking Dead” Premium Pinball Home use only c. 500 lifetime plays No PF wear apart from light/normal dimpling No shooter lane wear No Well Walker hip...”
2020-01-18
Minneapolis, MN
5,925 (OBO)
Archived after: 216 days
Viewed: 1151 times

#13517 4 years ago

I realize this isn't the TWD owners' thread, so this will be OT, but the very features that distinguish the Premium from the PRO make it more challenging. For example...

1. The BG bash toy is dangerous. She is tucked in a cubby and soft hits can dribble out and go SDTM. Firm, direct hits can rebound SDTM. There are no such risks with shots to the PRO's left ramp during BG mode.
2. The Well Walker magnet is dangerous. It flings the ball SDTM occasionally, but flinging it in any direction adds challenges to general ball control, especially if the nearby slings get involved.
3. The Crossbow shot is more dangerous than a traditional flipper shot. It takes your hand off the flipper when you fire, making you more vulnerable to a late-flip fumble drain if you brick the shot.
4. Rejects from the left ramp are more numerous and more dangerous as it's steeper/taller than that of the PRO.

The "Bombs" do give players an advantage, so perhaps that feature does make the Premium "easier." In terms of what kinds of skills are required to stay up on the game, however, the Premium PF is just plain more challenging and more fraught with risk. And therein lies the answer to Fat Panda's question as to why this game hasn't sold. People know it's a butt-kicker. They know it drives people to toss their games into a river, etc. It takes a skilled player to "handle" this game. I'm getting better, but I'm still far from handling it. Maybe someone else here is truly up to it. If you are, come and take a look! Take advantage of a dead-of-winter bargain!

1 month later
#13642 4 years ago

Anyone interested in a trade?

I'm most interested in MET Monsters or DP Premium, but I'm game to listen to any/all trade offers. Wha'cha got?

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “For Sale: Stern “The Walking Dead” Premium Pinball Home use only c. 600 lifetime plays No PF wear apart from light/normal dimpling No shooter lane wear No Well Walker hip...”
2020-02-20
Minneapolis, MN
5,725 (OBO)
Archived after: 43 days
Viewed: 1163 times

2 weeks later
#13732 4 years ago

How is everyone holding up?
I continue to think a lot about pinball, although I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that when there are far more pressing things to fill my head with right now.
I still have a game to sell or trade, but the prospects of either are dwindling. I'm grateful to have a game at all at this point.
I'm resigning myself to the fact that I'm going to have COVID-19 eventually, and I don't "do" sick well. I get ruined by the common cold and all but destroyed by the flu. Frankly, I'd like to have it now, to just get it over with.
I s'pose being sick/miserable is small potatoes compared to the suffering that will be ushered in by the ensuing recession. A lot of people are going to be out of work.
Oof. Sorry to be grim.

#13750 4 years ago

I've joked (sort of) with John, that the day he retires, is the day I sell my entire collection. I don't know how to fix 90% of the issues that occasionally pop up and without a trusted go-to like John, I'd have to exit the hobby.

I've had this same thought. Clearly, this hobby can only "work" for me with a LOT of support from other people - from LTG, for example. I do have one game now and it seems likely I will have it for the foreseeable future. Will I be able to keep it running? Will I be able to rely on parts sources like PPL or Marco? Replacement parts are largely made in China, and China seems to be slowly heading toward a resumption of its manufacturing economy - assuming they still have customers to export to! Still, I can't import them myself, so I expect to rely on PPL and Marco, as well as on local techs. Will my machine eventually become a non-functioning piece of furniture?

#13768 4 years ago

Still hoping to find a trading partner. Low-plays, no wear. Comes from a virus-free home in Minneapolis. Even comes with portentous playfield graphics: "Got bit, fever hit, life went to shit, might as well quit." Trade if you dare!

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “For Sale: Stern “The Walking Dead” Premium Pinball Home use only c. 600 lifetime plays No PF wear apart from light/normal dimpling No shooter lane wear No Well Walker hip...”
2020-02-20
Minneapolis, MN
5,725 (OBO)
Archived after: 43 days
Viewed: 1163 times

#13780 4 years ago

The carpet in your gameroom, MLmotorsport, looks like fun. Is your avatar photo your carpet, too? UV-reactive colors and UV lighting!

#13781 4 years ago

It's crazy how many games are popping up on CL this week. Looks like people are starting to cash out.

But are they? Are these games, priced at last month's prices, actually moving? I don't see them selling, no. For every twenty I see posted, I see just one/two "Sale Pending" stamps appear on the listing. No one has got the memo, it seems. Today's market is the Coronamarket. It's flooded, and demand is contracted. Add the two together and how you can you possibly sustain yesterday's prices? Good that the sellers around here are paying no heed to basic economics.

#13792 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In accordance with the Minnesota governor's plan. SS Billiards in Hopkins, Minnesota, is now closed until May 1st at 5pm.
LTG

That's terrible news.
I'm so sorry!

#13793 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I listed a game.tonight at normal price and had a buyer in 19 minutes. Forgot to pull one ad down and now have another full price buyer waiting if first one backs out.

Congrats on the quick sale. You've got the magic touch I guess.

#13794 4 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

If you have a title people are looking for and fair prices people seem to still be buying.

Ah! That explains it! I'm offering my game at a bargain price, not a fair price. Must raise my price!

#13809 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Seems like PBL is only doing UPS shipping at this time. There is no longer an option for USPS when I have tried the last few days.

Shucks.
USPS is usually the cheapest option.
At least they're shipping at all!

#13846 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Just listed my JJP Pirates CE

Wow.
Beautiful machine!
Great colors.
GLWTS.

Machine - For Sale

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean (CE) #32

New!

NOB - New out of box (first owner) “I have up for sale JJP PoTC CE #32 in beautiful like new condition. I purchased the pin in January from Freddy's Pinball Paradise in Germany. Everything is working perfectly and it...”

2 hours ago

Minnetrista, MN

Vitty

1 week later
#13860 4 years ago
Quoted from Xantari:

Is anyone still open for home service calls?

If you're game to attack it yourself, I know you could get LOTS of help in the tech forums here. What's the problem? I'm curious.

1 week later
#13925 4 years ago

Blackout pinball, anyone?

I'm interested in a SS project pin and a collector friend suggested I look for a Blackout.
Any chance any of you in the region either have one for sale or know of one for sale? I do see the one for sale in Virginia, MN, right now, but that's just too far to go to look at a Blackout.
I have one pinball (newer Stern), but I would like to try my hand at reviving an affordable SS game just for fun.
Thanks!

#13928 3 years ago

Skateball pinball, anyone?

I'm interested in a SS project pin and a collector friend suggested I look for a Skateball or Blackout.
Any chance any of you in the region either have one for sale or know of one for sale?
I have one pinball (newer Stern), but I would like to try my hand at reviving a SS game just for fun.
Thanks!

1 month later
#14123 3 years ago

Lots of chopper action here, five blocks from Up-Down.
No idea if rioting/looting has come this far west.
My neighbors just texted to say they're spooked.
It's getting wild...

1 week later
#14305 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I made the list. I can reopen SS Billiards on Wednesday June 10th. With safety precautions most of which are already in place.

Fork, yeah!
Let's get this party started!

#14315 3 years ago

Gosh, I'm surprised to hear of a return for Up-Down already.
That whole intersection has been a ghost town.
Let's see some life!

#14323 3 years ago

Stopped at SS Billiards today in Hopkins, MN, to wish LTG a happy restart. Place looked great. Lloyd has been busy! Lots of gleaming, freshly shopped games and new lighting over the pool tables. It looks like a million bucks in there! Also a brand-new ice cream shoppe just next door serving some actually good/creamy ice cream and pastries. That strip mall is polishing up nicely - the new pride of Hopkins, maybe.

#14334 3 years ago
Quoted from Jgwrestlng88:

Wanted- Congo and Junkyard in Wisconsin

Not in WI, but not too far away, either.

1 month later
#14454 3 years ago

(Post deleted in light of new information.)

#14456 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Hey! I hope that means you finally sold your TWD. If that’s the case, that sale was well deserved.

Thanks for the encouragement, but no deals on the table as yet.

#14474 3 years ago

Any pins for sale/trade out there?
I'm still looking for a project.
(Note: a "project" for me means a flipper rebuild, minor board repair, a new ramp or fistful of plastics, and some LED's. That sort of thing. It doesn't mean to me what it means to someone like John Ross.)

#14479 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Just to clarify that it is my game (last set of pictures from Quy) that is on IPDB.
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2037

Wow. FatPanda has quite a wide-ranging collection! That Royal Guard is...well, old.
GLWTS.

1 week later
#14507 3 years ago

Anyone here know Pinsider bonscot69 of Green Bay, WI?

He has an ad up in the Classifieds but hasn't been seen on Pinside since July 10th.
I responded to his ad, but not surprisingly I didn't hear back.
If you know him, maybe you could mention another Pinsider was trying to reach him.
Thanks.

#14511 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I haven't updated this lately with all that is going on in the world.
Only 775 shopping days left to my 50th Anniversary party.

I'm reserving the date for the occasion. Can't wait! Hopefully I can still fit into my tuxedo by then.

1 week later
#14605 3 years ago

Wanted: HUO Stern Deadpool Premium Pinball

Hoping to find a nice example here in Minnesota or perhaps a bordering state. Don't want to drive more than a few hours, honestly, but I would consider a longer haul for the right deal. Bone stock is great. Cash in hand and ready to buy.

#14619 3 years ago

Wanted: GOTG PRO pinball near Minneapolis

Hoping to find a nice, HUO example within three hours of Minneapolis. Might drive farther for the right deal. Bone stock is great. Will also consider a routed game if the price is right.
Thanks.

1 week later
#14645 3 years ago

TWD Premium For Trade:

Low plays, HUO, well maintained, etc.
Plays great. No issues.
Most interested in DP, IMDN, JP2, or EHOH Premiums. I would add cash as appropriate, naturally.

1 week later
#14742 3 years ago

For Sale/Trade:

Beautiful, low-plays, HUO TWD Premium.

PM me if interested.

Thanks.

#14751 3 years ago

Congrats, LTG!
Thanks for being perhaps *the* stalwart in the pinball community of MN.

#14756 3 years ago

"YOU are the last man standing!"

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “For Sale: Stern “The Walking Dead” Premium Pinball Home use only Low plays No playfield wear apart from light/normal dimpling No shooter lane wear Mods: * Shaker * Upgra...”
2020-09-07
Minneapolis, MN
5,700 (OBO)
Archived after: 19 days
Viewed: 566 times

#14761 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Why is there masking tape over the crossbow light?

Simply to shield my eyes from what, to me, is an excessively bright light.
Easily removed, of course.

1 week later
#14814 3 years ago

Wanted: 1990 Williams "Whirlwind" Pinball

Happy to consider any/all examples within, say, four hours of Minneapolis.

Thanks.

2 weeks later
#14895 3 years ago

Wanted: Wonka Standard Edition

Happy to drive a few hours from Minneapolis for the right deal. HUO or routed.

Thanks.

Added over 4 years ago:

Also Wanted: Star Wars Premium

#14917 3 years ago

*post deleted*

#14919 3 years ago

*post deleted*

#14932 3 years ago

Wanted: American Pinball 2020 "Hot Wheels" Pinball

Happy to drive up to three hours from Minneapolis for the right deal. HUO or routed.

Thanks.

#14938 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Did you find an Elvira Jason? I gotta think the comments above and your wanted post don’t go together. Elvira HOH is always my top ranked game with friends. It’s wonderfully done and lots of fun!

No, Vitty, I didn't score a EHOH. Indeed, all I seem to do is post wanted ad after wanted ad. This region is dry. No pins for sale. I did get responses offering a $4.2K "24" and a $7K Wonka SE with PF issues, but I politely passed on both. Otherwise, it's been your basic wall of silence. Apparently demand is high right now. I wouldn't know that from my own personal experience, as there was no demand for my sale game (TWD) for ten straight months. Now, when I'm finally on the hunt for another game, nothing is available. It's been a frustrating year, fo' sho'.

#14967 3 years ago

Feeling sad tonight over the loss of Pinsider Who-Dey.
Yeah, kind of OT, but I'm guessing many in this thread knew him from his busy posting routine.
Very nice guy! Really devoted to this forum. Always up here and always quick to reply to a PM.
Died *much* too young. I will miss him a lot! Go, Bengals!

#14974 3 years ago

I realize there's a bit of backlash against Wanted ads right now, but...

Wanted near Minneapolis:

MET Premium
TWD PRO
EHOH
DP Premium
IMDN
LOTR
Wonka SE
Hot Wheels

#14986 3 years ago

Got to play Lloyd's GnR at SS today.
Nice to really hear the game for the first time. Less ambient volume there to compete with the game's audio. Stunning playflield. Smooth as glass! Game shoots great. Lots of fun.
Thank goodness Lloyd finally has his game so he can do his tech support.
All we need(ed) was just a little patience...

#14993 3 years ago

AP's Hot Wheels on location near Minneapolis?

Any spottings?

PinMap says nearest one is in Watertown, WI, some four hours from here.

I would love to try the game.

#15035 3 years ago

Pandemic Regional Market Stinks!

If you've called your disto lately, you probably know that manufactures are shipping new games at a glacial pace. The few that land at distributors are sold - at MSRP - in days, if not hours. This makes negotiating for a "street" price rather difficult. Sellers of HUO games are aware or this scarcity and are seizing on the moment to offer their games at top-tier prices. Prices today are basically pre-Corona, plus fifteen percent or so. I saw a JP Premium go past at just $6K, which is unheard of. Or I saw a TWD Premium go past at just $5.6K. These are the *only* true deals I've seen. Every other sale pin is priced solidly in the stratosphere. A year ago, that strategy would have ensured that your game did *not* sell, but with distro stocks depleted, and the prospect of a long, homebound, COVID-gripped winter, those overpriced games are actually selling. I spoke to one distro who told me he'd sold SIXTY games in the past week. What???
If all this sounds like complaining, it most assuredly is. I all but gave my last HUO pin away and I was hoping to replace it with something priced fairly. Nothing doing! It's MSRP for the dregs - STh, BK, Beatles - or pay the Pandemic Markup to sellers of HUO games. Fork that!

#15038 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

By locking yourself into HUO and the latest and greatest you are missing out on the best of what pinball has to offer. You have the rest of your life to own thise games and enjoy them. I am on my way home right now with a decent condition Shadow in the back of the car. A couple nights ago I picked up a nice Jungle Lord project. Open yourself up to older games and a few dents and scratches. Only then will you see what i am talking about.

Congrats on the pickup. I'm open to any worthwhile/fun title - excluding EMs - priced fairly. I do frequently post Wanted ads for the games that interest me most, but that doesn't mean I have zero interest in the rest of the large catalog of fun games. Just less. Your pinhunting benefits from a larger network, I'm assuming. Things come your way now and then, a fringe benefit of being in the hobby for so long. Nothing comes my way. I have to dig and dig.

#15072 3 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Nope. This pick up is from a cold call to an operator and an 11 hour round trip. I’m not sure what you expecting but if your looking for a “deal”, then your gonna have to dig. If you can’t seem to find deals, try trading you HUO to an operator for some old stuff next time. Get a game or two for what you have and maybe make a couple of those contacts. You gotta think outside the box if you really want to build a collection. Otherwise you can expect to take the loss on a sale and keep buying new 8n box and chalk the loss up to what you would have paid to play on location.

I stand corrected: your latest pickup did *not* just "come your way." Got it. An eleven-hour round trip is a hard-earned pinball deal! I doubt I could muster that. Interesting that you cold-called an operator. I've never thought to do that. As you say though: must think outside the box!

#15137 3 years ago

Nearest Location for GNRSE, Anyone?

Just wondering where the nearest Guns n Roses Standard Edition is routed here in MN. I see references in this thread to Standards going on locations in WI, but nothing in MN. Am I mistaken? Pinball Map isn't very helpful as it lists Tilt Pinball Bar as a site of a Standard Edition, when Tilt has an LE, etc. Is there a better pinball-locator website I should try instead?

#15139 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Don’t hold me to it but I’m not sure any SE’s have even shipped. Why not go play the LE at Tilt or S&S?

I do recall some reports in this very thread about SE's landing on location in places in WI - one in Watertown, I believe. That location is five hours from me. I was hoping there might be one routed in, say, Hudson, WI.
I'm lucky to have the LE close by at Tilt, sure, but my hope was to try the SE as it's the only version I could possibly afford if I were to buy this title.

1 week later
#15253 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Wondering if anyone has some suggestions on powder coating in the map area? Have a wcs94 and the customer would like the rails and legs etc purple. Thanks in advance!

Contact Doug Arntson in Corcoran.
612, ate-three-for, 9002
He goes by "Powdercoat Man."

1 week later
#15294 3 years ago

I visited TCPin today and saw his two beautiful sale pins: TS:PP and NGG.

His Simpsons is *very* low-mileage! I'm assuming it's HUO. Looks great, top to bottom.

His Gofers super nice, too. The colors in the cab art and the PF are as vibrant and contrasty as ever. Translite really pops, too.

Just two very impressive games for collectors with high standards. And no, I'm not a potential customer as I'm not keen to spend the extra coin to have such a clean game. Chad is a straight shooter. He's happy to have a measured conversation about what a "fair price" means to him and why. He says he welcomes negotiations.

Also saw his EM's and they are a hoot. I know almost nothing about EM's but I do respond to the clicks/chimes and it's a trip to see an artifact from the "early days."

Lastly, I saw his burgeoning repair kit. The man is invested! *Lots* of repair parts, neatly arranged in organizers, as well as tools galore and plastics and...well, just lots of stuff! Wow!

1 week later
#15425 3 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

We are going to Park a LZ @ the Blue Moon as well! Should be fun to have GnR and LZ side by side. . .

Are you getting these games in position for your re-opening in a few weeks? I thought WI has restrictions in place that prohibit indoor gatherings of any size with people who don't already live together, etc.

"On Nov. 17, Public Health Madison and Dane County announced new restrictions on gatherings, which includes a prohibition on indoor gatherings of any size with people from different households. The order also limits outdoor gatherings to 10 people or fewer with physical distancing."

#15435 3 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Sure am tired of a couple of the local flippers driving prices to ridiculous heights in Minneapolis.
Helping a friend get his first game. If you have a reasonable game between 3-6k and want it to go to someone who will actually play it, feel free to PM.

Sellers will price their wares at whatever the market will bear. Right now, clearly, it will bear a lot. The dispiriting reality is that buyers, not sellers, are “driving up” prices. The average pinball collector seems to have more, not less, disposable income for purchases right now since he/she is spending less on things like travel/entertainment/dining/leisure/gyms during the pandemic. Add to that the shortage of new machines at distributors after the pandemic halted production at manufacturers for at least a few months during the summer and you have a classic sellers’ market. I don’t subscribe to the theory that there has been a big influx of new collectors, adding to the demand. I still think the average person under thirty scarcely knows that pinball playing or collecting is a hobby at all, and if we are seeing an uptick in interest, it’s still relatively small and not affecting the market.

As a buyer, I don’t like the inflated prices any more than you do. It’s frustrating to see the sale pins appear in the Pinside classifieds, day after day, each priced 20% or more above prices from one year ago. Congo’s for $6K, MET PRO’s with stock displays for $6500, TS:PP’s or LOTR’s for $7K - *everything* is priced in the stratosphere right now. It’s maddening. It does seem likely though that this moment is the peak of the frenzy. If you can just hang on for a couple of months, I bet you’ll see a significant ebb to these prices. Manufacturers are shipping games again. The NIB supply is rising again. Also, the vaccine will begin to turn the tide on restrictions, and that will mean that all those ways people of means ordinarily spend their disposable income will resume, if slowly, and collectors will have less to spend on pinballs. And you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think the pandemic will have lasting, far-reaching effects on the economy. We *are* in a recession. It will catch up to even the deep-pocketed collectors in ways they never anticipated. A year from now there could be a serious sell-off. Truly! If you must have a used game today at last year’s prices, you’ll have to find a seller who is uncommonly generous. I know LTG recently sold his WOF at a pre-pandemic price, so they’re out there.

#15497 3 years ago

Merry Christmas to all the other regional Pinside addicts.

#15528 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Star Wars Pro - Comic Edition. I believe it was listed at $4800.

Seemed like a legit bargain so I threw the link up here. Described as "brand bew."

#15549 3 years ago

(Barfly-style slurred speech)

To all my friends...

(Full drink hoisted)

Happy New Year!

#15559 3 years ago
Quoted from techpatriot:

Happy New Year! I'm selling my WOZ, if anyone is interested. Same price (for now) as what I paid for it and added a few mods since then.

Sale Pending!

FOR SALE: WIZARD OF OZ 75TH ANNIVERSARY RUBY RED

New!

HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) “Up for sale is my Jersey Jack Wizard of Oz 75th Anniversary Ruby Red machine. I'm the second owner. It's in excellent condition, has around 750 games played, and includes the fol...”

7 hours ago

Gibbsville, WI

8,200 (Firm)

techpatriot

Congrats on the quick sale. Looks like a beautiful machine.

2 weeks later
#15672 3 years ago

Escalera Rental Near Minneapolis?

Hoping to hear from Pinsiders about where I can rent a true Escalera appliance dolly to move a heavy pinball up a flight of stairs. I thought I found one in Burnsville a couple of years ago but calling around now I'm just not finding it. To be clear, I would like the true, aluminum Escalera, not a steel knock-off.
Any suggestions/leads would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

1 week later
#15695 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

No, but if you're going to Dallas, I would highly recommend going to Duffs. They're a Buffalo, NY staple and will be the best wings you've had.
http://www.duffswings.com/
I miss them...

Sorry about your beloved Bills, Chris.
Of course, you still have a shot at some schadenfreude if the Bucs lose.

#15696 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone need anything shipped between the Twin Cities and Dallas soon?

What is Nic angling to buy now? Something exotic, no doubt. It's like a museum over there in Minnetrista!

#15698 3 years ago

I rest my case.

1 month later
#15837 3 years ago

Transport Request: Marathon, WI, to Minneapolis

Just wondering if anyone is planning a run that would take him/her westbound on 94 through WI anytime soon. I would like to buy a pin from RustyLizard and would be glad to pay a fair sum to someone who happens to be making the trip and could pick up a modern Stern in Marathon from Russ and deliver it to me in or near Minneapolis. I realize it's a long shot, but this is the place to ask.

Thanks.

Added over 3 years ago:

Thanks for reading my transport help request, but I made the trip on my own so I no longer need help.

#15843 3 years ago

Retro Refurbs "Group Buy," Anyone?

Just wondering if anyone in or near Minneapolis would like to join me in a Retro Refurbs order. They're a pinball-specific mod seller in Great Britain that offers free shipping on "three or more" decals. So, if at least one other person joins me in a set of graphic art panels (aka Pinblades or Artblades), that would be four decals and free shipping. Otherwise the shipping is $35. If you're in Minneapolis, I would deliver your panels to you when they arrive. I'll use my credit card to place the order and you can pay me cash when I deliver your items. It's possible the shipping deal applies only to decals like artblades. It's not clear on their site. Still, they have *lots* of artblades to choose from, so, if you like artblades, chances are they have something you would like.

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop-cat/pinball-sideblades/

Anyone?

#15859 3 years ago

ISO: Loaner SPIKE 2 CPU Node Board

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have a loaner board he/she would like to rent out for two months while my CPU board is out for repair? I have just one machine and it becomes a boat anchor once the original board comes out and is sent in for repair. I already asked John at PinballPlus but he has no spares. I thought *maybe* there is an operator in the region sitting on a SPIKE 2 title that is presently out of service for whatever reason and could be a temporary donor of the board.
All ideas/leads are welcome.
Thanks.

#15867 3 years ago

Please remind me of the Pinside handle of Chris, the operator from Des Moines.
He has worked as a support tech for Up-Down Des Moines and Up-Down Minneapolis in the past.
His avatar is Ben Stiller from - I *think* - Zoolander.
I would like to get in touch with him but I've forgotten his Pinside name and thus can't search my PM's for threads to him.
Thanks!

#15869 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Chrizg

Thanks, LTG!

2 weeks later
#16006 3 years ago

Still a long shot, but...

I'm still hoping to find a loaner Stern SPIKE 2 node board #0, Stern part number 509-1003-01.
If any operators in the region have a SPIKE 2 game that is down for whatever reason and you can spare the board for a few weeks, I would gladly pay you a fair sum to rent it while I'm waiting for mine to return from the shop. I have only one game, so I can't just play my "other" games while this one is out of service.

1 month later
#16116 2 years ago

Wanted: Minneapolis-area welder who can repair a failed spot weld on a Stern stainless ramp.

If you have ever examined a stainless Stern ramp, you know they're made from laser-cut pieces of 16-gauge plate steel and spot welded together with a minimum of welds - in this case six. These spot welds are apparently not very strong as all six of them have failed on this Catapult ramp from BKSOR. I would rather not buy a replacement from Stern as they are unresponsive to parts orders from distros right now as they focus on making/selling new games. I would include a photo of my ramp here, but I can't post photos to this thread. If the joint is tight, can I flow solder in it? Would that be strong enough? The stock joint is *barely* a spot weld. I have no welder and certainly no oxyacetylene torch, but I do have Mapp gas and plumbers' solder.

#16121 2 years ago

Thanks, MR, LTG, TB, and JT, for your suggestions.
May I ask what you mean by a "sheet-metal" shop?
I would love to just clamp the joint together with a C-clamp, heat up the joint with a MAPP-gas torch, and flow some solder. When I said I would solder it, I didn't mean I would use my soldering iron.

**addendum**
It looks like soldering stainless is tricky. I would have to disassemble the part to clean the surfaces carefully to ensure the flux would work properly, and that's not possible as many of the part's remaining joints are intact. Guess I'm back to TIG welding, but by whom? I will contact some body shops about it tomorrow.

#16126 2 years ago
Quoted from mnrocketry:

You could conceivably silver-solder it back together. However, that takes a very expensive high-content silver solder and an oxy-acetylene torch. Plus, you have to know what you're doing. Plus, it requires getting the parts very hot - thin sheet metal parts will almost certainly undergo local distortion where heated.
Soft solder (lead/tin for plumbing or electrical) is not structural.

Thanks for the input. I'm just going to take it to a body shop. Perhaps they will refer me to a fabrication shop if they won't do it themselves. They should have a TIG welder. I don't know how precise their tips might be, but I'm fine with it if they put meaty gobs of weld at each spot. It disappoints me that Stern under-engineered this part. The game is otherwise very durable for such a violent layout.

2 weeks later
#16259 2 years ago

Wanted:

* Widebody playfield glass, scratch-free
* Williams lockbar receiver assembly (need not be widebody specific; same part for either)
* Set of four chrome/ribbed legs, with levelers, for Williams cabinet

Hoping to find these in good used condition in the Twin Cities Metro.

Please PM if you have any of the above or know of any for sale. I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

#16260 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

<snip>Hit the concrete floor, shattered the heel itself. That was valentine's weekend. Surgery was march 8th. Physical therapy started yesterday. Probably 6-8 weeks and I should be good to go.

Holy smokes! I'm sorry to hear that. I wish you a solid/speedy recovery.

#16265 2 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Are you talking WPC stuff? What game?

Yes. WPC. TZ.

Thanks for noticing my post.

#16271 2 years ago

Wanted:
Tired, near-trash, forgettable playfield for short money.
Must have mostly intact clearcoat as I want it to experiment with cleaning/polishing/finishing/etc. Should have grabbed something when Al closed last year, but I missed out.

#16275 2 years ago

Wanted in the Twin Cities Metro:
Good/used ribbed/chrome leg set for Bally Super-Pin.
Just the standard 28.5" legs with levelers and minimal/no rust would be great.
Thanks.

1 week later
#16286 2 years ago

ISO: Old Playfield with Good/Solid Clear Coat for Refinishing Experimentation

I asked on this thread last week and two nice Pinsiders offered playfields that were old enough to have a different sort of clear coat. I don't mean to be picky, but I need a newer PF with heavier clear coat - something from, say, '90 onward. Eric, the very nice collector from Woodbury, offered me an Elton John PF, but when I looked it over it appeared to have a hint of clear if any. I'm going to experiment with things like wet sanding and compounding (by hand), as well as polishing and waxing. Doing any of those aggressive things on that Elton John playfield would probably have made short work of the fragile paint. Ditto the Flash playfield thay was offered by another local Pinsider.

So, does anyone have a post-'90 PF with a good layer of clear for sale? Right now I have just the swath of PF underneath the apron of this TZ to experiment on.

Thanks.

#16311 2 years ago

Easy load-out.
Local trade offers on other Stern Premiums welcome.

#16327 2 years ago

Wanted: Good/used WPC/WPC-95 Lockdown Receiver Assembly for TZ

(Note: standard-body assemblies were used in wide-body games, so any Williams assembly from this era will work.)

Thanks.

2 weeks later
#16377 2 years ago

I was told something desirable was sold in Eau Claire today.
Do we know the lucky buyer and what was the title?
Just curious.

1 week later
#16418 2 years ago

Wanted: Bally/Williams WPC89 Coin Door and Frame for TZ

Good used is fine. Hoping for a complete door/frame with mechs.

Thanks.

1 week later
#16428 2 years ago

Wanted: Widebody Glass

Good, scratch-free used sheet of playfield glass in the Twin Cities Metro, anyone?

#16429 2 years ago

Wanted to Borrow: Bally/Williams Fliptronics Driver Board

Just need to throw it my TZ to help me troubleshoot.
I could have it back to you an hour later.

#16454 2 years ago

Wanted:

Good/used Fliptronics driver board for TZ.
OEM (A-15472) or Rottendog (FLP892) is fine.

Thanks.

#16455 2 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

I had Summit Glass and Mirror make me a piece for my STTNG. It was about $57. Very convinient for the south metro.
http://www.summitglassandmirror.com/

Thanks, Tim. I will look into it. What thickness did you specify?

#16461 2 years ago

Wanted: Fliptronics Driver Board For TZ

New or used, OEM or reproduction.
Just working and within 30 miles of Minneapolis.

Thanks.

#16467 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Get with Charlie, and buy a board. It’s tough for most of us to lend out parts, plus what if you have bad voltage and fry our working stuff. If you find out it’s not the board, I’ll buy it from you (the board that is).

I believe that's what I'm trying to do. You'll notice my Wanted ad no longer reads "borrow."

#16527 2 years ago

ColorDMD group buy, anyone?

As much as it pains me to spend more than $400 on a display, I'm going to bite the bullet and buy a LCD ColorDMD for my latest project.

If there are two other pinheads in the Twin Cities Metro area who were also planning to buy a ColorDMD, can we make it a threesome and get free shipping? That's how they do it over there at ColorDMD - Buy Three, Shipping's Free! Shipping to this region, according to their calculator, is $16. If we were each buying them separately, we would collectively be spending $48 on shipping. It may not seem like a huge savings, but given the cost of the display, every bit helps.

Maybe the delivery part of this plan will make it more of a hassle than it's worth, but I'm throwing it out there. I would certainly be willing to deliver your display to you if you're not too far from Minneapolis.

Please PM me if you want to discuss it.

#16529 2 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

It was tempered and has worked very weill in my STTNG.
The dimensions are: 43" x 23-3/4" - 3/16" thick

Thanks. I called Summit Glass and Mirror and left a message twice last week. No response. I described what I was after. Perhaps he's not keen on cutting a single piece of glass. I will try a third time tomorrow.

2 weeks later
#16583 2 years ago

Twin Cities Metro collectors:
Planning to go to Expo', anyone?
Also planning to do a little shopping/touring at Pinball Life?
If so, and if you have the room in your vehicle, I would pay you a fair sum to bring home a sheet of playfield glass.
Still need a sheet of widebody glass to finish my project.
Thanks.

#16593 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

What's wrong with the $50 sheet from summit?

I spoke to Andy at Summit Glass and Mirror and his quote was $75, not $50.
Thanks though for the suggestion

1 week later
#16675 2 years ago

Halloween or Ultraman sightings, anyone?

1 month later
#16902 2 years ago

Godzilla pinball sightings in the Twin Cities?

There seem to be several PRO's across WI already.

#16912 2 years ago
Quoted from blazingsaddlz:

Here are some pictures of the damage: https://imgur.com/a/sr3bfyi

Man, that stinks! It stinks because this is the kind of defect that Stern now expects buyers to just "live with." If you contact them about it, I will wager they will simply suggest you get yourself a bottle of nail polish and apply a few strokes over the chips to stop them from growing, but there will be no offers to send you a replacement bare PF and certainly no offers to send you a populated one. Normal wear/tear, they will contend. I think this insert-rim chipping is very disconcerting as it could be a new site for frequent chipping on Stern PF's. Stern - like JJP - seems to be unable to get the PF art to adhere to the surface of the PF properly/consistently. The PF art that is screen printed is becoming more uncommon in favor of large inkjet printing. The PF makers contracted by Stern seem to think there is little difference, but clearly they are mistaken. All these GDZ buyers could be in for a shock!
Spooky and AP use Bader PF's. It would be hard to argue that Bader is not to be the standard for the industry right now. I recently looked Halloween over and that clearcoat was the most impressive I've ever seen. Stern doesn't use Mirco, but whomever they do use is barely any better. It would surprise me the Stern PF's aren't made in China. So much of Stern games - from parts to PF's - is now made in China.

#16941 2 years ago

Wanted in Minneapolis:

Pallet for shipping a pinball

If you can spare one, or if you can suggest a spot where cast-off pallets are available, I would be grateful.

Thanks.

1 week later
#17004 2 years ago

Anyone try a GDZLE today?
I'm told at least one has landed here in Minneapolis. If that's true, you must have a few in WI.

1 week later
#17072 2 years ago

Local Sandblasting Services?

Can anyone here refer me to a business in the Metro Area that can sandblast a set of powdercoated cabinet legs?

I'm trying to figure out if this is at all cost effective. I figure I will spend $70 for a new set of bare-steel legs from Pinball Life. Will I spend less or more than that to get this set I presently have blasted?

Thanks!

#17075 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Curious what your plans are ? bare-steel lugs will come rusted, powder coated legs sand blasted will rust quick.
When bare legs are plated or powder coated they are thoroughly cleaned first.

Hi. Plan is to blast the legs and powdercoat them locally. If the bare-steel legs arrive with surface rust from Pinball Life, that will slow me down a little bit as the powdercoater may not like that. He *may* soda blast them before coating - which would naturally add to his bill.

#17077 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Your mileage may vary, but every powder coater I have worked with (3 so far) has always sandblasted items I brought to them first. When I asked one of them if I could prep the surface myself, they said they would not guarantee adhesion of their powder coating if they didn’t blast it themselves. Like I said, your mileage may vary, but I’d be sure to have this conversation with them if I were you. Edit: or perhaps you already have and that’s why you’re looking for a sandblaster.

Thanks for your advice. Can you recommend a powder coater here in the Metro who can also sandblast? I do know Doug Arntson in Corcoran and he is a good dude, but he may not be tooled up to blast powdercoat from steel.

#17082 2 years ago

Wanted: Set of Stern Cabinet Legs, Black

Hoping to skip the powder coating project after all if I can just find a decent used set of Stern legs in black. Levelers, too, would be nice but are not essential.

It's the extra 2" over the B/W legs that are what I need.

Thanks.

2 weeks later
#17164 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

I got it! Very clean overall. Only wear is at the aces. Also, the aces drop downs won’t reset. Definitely got a good deal.

Good for you!
Congrats!
Too bad you can't share some photos.

2 weeks later
#17211 2 years ago

Wanted: Williams System-7 Driver Board for Test Purposes Only

I bought a project System-7 pin. It's in transit. It allegedly has an issue with a chip on the driver board. It's not clear if the issue is on the driver board or elsewhere. My hope was to install a good driver board in the game to confirm that the original board needs help. I would then take it out promptly and return it to you. I can pay you a renter's fee, naturally.

Oh, if you have System-7 boards of any sort for sale, I would like to hear about them. I may need them for this project.

Thanks.

#17212 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Christmas lights went up today. Was closed a year ago. So I'm hoping to revive the Christmas spirit.

Happy Multi-faith Holidays to you, too!

1 week later
#17236 2 years ago

For Sale/Trade: HUO Spooky TNA Pinball

*Low plays
*Great shape
*Many worthwhile mods

$7.3K OBO. Trade offers welcome, but don't be offended if I politely pass.

PM for more details.

Picture link:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/193956113@N05/albums/72157720215533232

#17239 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Decided to try my first ever playfield protector...
Curious what everyone thinks of them. I know opinions are all over the map.

PokerJake will have an opinion for you and it may not be positive.

2 weeks later
#17295 2 years ago

Regional Pinheads: How Are You Weathering the Pinball Market?

Just wondering what those of you here who haven't got bottomless pockets are doing that is helping you keep your spirits up.

It seems more and more I am complaining to my various friends about being priced out of the hobby. I used to be excited because there were always real possibilities around every corner. Now HUO games are bringing 20-40% more than they did just two years ago and NIB pins are backordered for months/years. I s'pose you're fine if you have a collection and you want to rotate one out. You sell your pin for a fortune and then spend that fortune to get another. Easy. But if you have a habit of taking a bath on the pins you sell (as I have), how can you possibly buy another pin with the proceeds?

To tide me over, I bought a "project" pin - my first. It's a WMS System-7 from '81. Yeah, it's OLD. I had it shipped here. It was misrepresented a bit, but when you describe a sale pin as a "project," you sort of indemnify yourself to the buyer. As in, well, what did you expect?! It's a project! So yeah, I have a lot of work in front of me before I can even plug it in. (Sent the boards off for rehab'ing today; six weeks turnaround.) I recently shopped a TZ and that was a serious grind. I said I wouldn't do it again, so I bought a Spooky pin afterward. That game disappointed in various ways, too, and I find myself yearning for a Stern again. But can I buy a NIB? Yes and no. Yes if I want to spend $7K for a PRO and get on a list and wait six months, but who wants to do that? I root around for new distributors and ask them for inventory lists, hoping to find a fresh source of worthwhile games. Right now I'm finding Beatles, STh, Beatles, Mando, Beatles, LZ, and Turtles. I will keep looking! And I will keep resurrecting this '81 System-7!

#17305 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

There is no miss representing a “project pin”.

I believe that was my point; once you toss the term "project" into your listing, you absolve yourself of accountability. It's brilliant.

Quoted from Tallon:

The trick is to understand that a 40 year old machine might just be a good “players” game

Believe me, that's all I was expecting. "Good bones" and nothing more.

Quoted from Tallon:

Since I do my own board work and find the old bally and Williams system 3-7 board set to be pretty easy to work on, I have no problem getting them up and running.

I envy you. I thought about digging into my boards myself, but after reading PinWiki and watching Chris Hibler's YouTube clip on rehabbing a Sys-7 MPU and driver board, I decided to spend $300 to let a professional do it. The other option was spending $550 for new boards from PinballPCB.

Quoted from Tallon:

There is no shortage of projects, just grab them when they come along.

I wish it were that easy. I don't have a deep network to draw on. I look on CL and FB and Pinside and the worthwhile ones are gone before I even respond.

Quoted from Tallon:

In times like this either be happy with your collection and play more then you fix or work on the backlog of stuff you have sitting.

What collection is that? I have just one game at a time.

Thanks for responding to my post.

1 month later
#17440 2 years ago

Wanted: Stern's 2016 "Batman '66" Premium Pinball

Hoping to find a nice working example of this title within a reasonable driving distance of Minneapolis.
Happy to consider any/all examples - HUO or routed, even NIB. I have nothing to trade, in case you were going to ask.

If you have one you might want to part with, or if you know of another collector who might, please give me a shout. Maybe we can make a deal.

Thanks!

4 weeks later
#17529 2 years ago

Up-Down, anyone?

I live near Up-Down in Minneapolis and stop there once or twice a week. Their lineup is impressively large and, if you pick times other than Friday- and Saturday night, the traffic in there is light. The biggest problem is parking. (I suggest parking one block south, on 31st St, and walking up, as there are no meters there.)
If you, too, have a routine of playing at Up-Down and would like to meet, play, and chat pinball, shoot me a PM and we can try to match schedules. I usually don't stay very long - five games or so is enough for me.
In case you don't know their lineup:
TRON*
GB*
SW*
TAF
GOTG*
IM
TWD*
AIQ*
DP*
JP*
MM
LZ*
(*PRO)

4 weeks later
#17618 2 years ago

Who found the most eggs today?
Who ate the most chocolate?
Who heard a church sermon about renewal?
Who had a Passover Seder yesterday?
Who dreamt of his next NIB pinball?
Who is dreading the next Stern price hike?
Who bought a mod in advance of his incoming game?
Who played Wordle?

#17638 2 years ago

Small Repair Part Wanted in Twin Cities:

Replacement high-power, end-of-stroke switch for WMS System-7 flipper coil.

https://www.pinballlife.com/williams-system-6-7-classic-stern-and-bally-end-of-stroke-switch.html

I need just the one and I'm not planning an order from PBL in the near future. And yes, I already asked LTG.

Thanks.

1 month later
#17765 1 year ago

I have a low-plays, HUO, loaded DP Premium I will be posting for sale here and on FB - hopefully later today.
I'm drafting the ad now, but I need better/brighter daylight before I take the photos.
If I can sell it to a Pinsider in the region through this thread, before I officially list it, I will donate to Pinside.
Contact me if you're interested. Prefer a cash sale for now.
Thanks.

#17784 1 year ago

Open to offers:

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “* Stern Insider Connected * Stern topper * Stern artblades * Stern Katana armor * Stern shooter * Stern shaker * Stern Deadpool banner * Stern Ninja Stars bumper-caps mod * Stern g...”
2022-05-30
Minneapolis, MN
10,450 (OBO)
Archived after: 11 days
Viewed: 503 times

2 weeks later
#17827 1 year ago

Bump for price drop:

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “* Stern Insider Connected * Stern topper * Stern Artblades * Stern Katana armor * Stern shooter * Stern shaker * Stern Deadpool banner * Stern Ninja Stars bumper-caps mod * Stern g...”
2022-06-16
Minneapolis, MN
9,700 (OBO)
Archived after: 13 days
Viewed: 530 times

Open to trades.

2 weeks later
#17865 1 year ago

FS/T: HUO Deadpool Premium - low plays, mods

Bump for lower price.

Open to trade offers.

2 weeks later
#17923 1 year ago

Feel like a Snikt?
Feel like a bargain?
I gotch'you!

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “For Sale in Minneapolis: Stern Deadpool Premium Pinball Mods/upgrades: * Stern Insider Connected * Stern Artblades * Stern Katana armor * Stern Throwing Star pop-bumper caps (in...”
2022-07-02
Minneapolis, MN
8,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 1035 times

Open to offers - cash or trade.

#17929 1 year ago
Quoted from Ribs:

Big Tilt announcement coming Saturday? I'm crossing my fingers for a St. Paul location...
WE HAVE A VERY IMPORTANT NEWS TO SHARE
Keep your eyes on our social feeds Saturday for more information.
This affects all of you.
This is a big deal.
This will impact pinball in the Twin Cities as you all know it.
This is not news about a new game.
This post is super vague.

Word around here is Tilt's new home will be the old Lyle's Restaurant and Bar, formerly Lyle's Liquors, on Hennepin Avenue in Minneapolis, just south of Franklin. Parking will be challenging as it has been at Tilt, but there will be more space for more pins. I would post images here of the interior of the now-closed restaurant to give you a sense of the scale, but photos aren't postable in this regional thread. Look it up for yourself.

1 week later
#17990 1 year ago

Wanted: WMS System 7 Power Driver Board

Honestly, I just need to rent it. I have a sling coil locking on immediately upon powering up my Jungle Lord. I'm getting some very good tech help here on Pinside, but swapping in another PDB that is known to be sorted would help me in my troubleshooting. I'm certainly willing to buy the board if you are less keen on renting. All of my driver transistors test out fine, so I am stuck.

Thanks.

#17992 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

The one for the sling coil that tests fine. I'd replace it anyway.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm having a hard time identifying which driver transistor is associated with that solenoid (#18). The PDB schematic shows an area of six transistors as "Special Solenoid Drivers," but which transistor within that group is tied to #18 is unclear to me.

#17994 1 year ago

Thanks, Jeff, for your help.
I tested Q4 and got just 0.110 on the left and 0.651 on the right. The rest test at 0.450 on the left, so I guess Q4 has to be replaced. Time to return to Lloyd’s to borrow his equipment again. Oof!

#18009 1 year ago

Ghosted?

I just had an odd pin-buying experience. I'm hoping someone can explain what happened.

At 4:30 today, I happened to notice a very fresh ad on CL for a MET PRO. I immediately called. Lucky me, I was the first to call! The seller is Ben in Lakeville. Know him? He said this MET was his last of more than a dozen pins he was selling as he was getting out of the hobby. He said he'd already sold a few to John Galvin of Tilt. I said I would hustle to the bank to get his full ask. He said, great. He said I could come after he got home - which he thought would be 5:30. I told him I would hustle to the bank, then drive to him in Lakeville, inspect the game, give him a deposit, then return with transport whenever it was convenient for him. He said that would be fine and that Saturday afternoon for pickup would work. I hung up and raced off towards the bank. On my way there, I texted him to ask for his address. Crickets. I arrived at the bank with minutes to spare, but I got the cash. From my car in the bank parking lot, I texted him to say I'd been to the bank and had cash in hand. No reply, so I called. Voicemail. I left a message, again asking him for his address. When I got home, I called again, this time with a different line. He answered, but the instant I introduced myself, the line went dead. This was ominous. Had he hung up? Why would he do that? Had another prospective buyer called after me and offered more money? His ad didn't say "OBO." Or had it? He told me when we first spoke that he honors the order of responses. He said I was the first to respond and he would wait for me to come down that evening. This is bizarre. If he *had* got richer offers, why wouldn't he contact me and tell me that? Why not just man up and say, I have bigger offers on the table, so I have to depart from my usual selling code where I honor the order of responses, etc? It would have been shabby, but he could have given me a chance to match/beat his offers. Why just ghost me like that?

1 month later
#18129 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Maybe everyone already knows this, but I was at Up/Down tonight and maybe half their pins (at best) we’re working. Pretty disappointing, but just a heads up for anyone considering going over there. I hadn’t been there for a while.

Half their pins down?
That’s a new development.
I’m in there once a week or so and it’s rare that more than one is down. The vendong company that supplies the pins has its company sticker on each game and can probably be reached for a heads up. I know that’s extra work, but they mainly care about their bar there, not surprisingly. I remember when DP landed there as NOB. Now it’s a bit janky. It has an original ball in it that is NOT truly round any longer. It’s a trip to see it spin. It looks like it’s throbbing. Weird!

#18136 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

New arcade/pinball/bar/thingy opened up in Eau Claire this weekend...'The Reboot Social'. I checked it out yesterday, pretty great!
https://therebootsocial.com/
They currently have 14 pins
-Rush pro
-Avengers pro
-Mando pro
-Star Wars pro
-Godzilla pro
-Medieval madness
-Afm
-Kiss
-Rick and Morty
-X-men pro
-Adam’s family
-South Park
-Space jam
-ST pro

Holy smokes!
Fourteen pins upon launch?
District-82 is having an impact.

#18154 1 year ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

I was onsite Monday and all issues are resolved.

Thanks for swapping in two new pins! Rotation is always appreciated! Thanks, too, for fixing the pins and getting all of them back online!

#18172 1 year ago

Trade Sought:

My NIB Zilla Premium for your BM66.

My game is still strapped to the pallet, standing in my first-floor living room. Box is a little worse for wear (top edge only), but the machine is fine. Box is sealed.

I will add a reasonable amount of cash, depending on the condition of your game.

PM me if interested.

Thanks.

#18174 1 year ago

Congrats on your plug from Marty and Jeff.
You are clever. You got their attention by mock-insulting them and they apparently liked your sense of humor.

1 week later
#18226 1 year ago

For Sale: NIB Zilla Premium from latest run

Still strapped to the factory pallet. Parked in my living room.
Box is a little worse for wear (top only), but the game is fine.
First-floor load out. I can help.
PM me with interest.

Added 19 months ago:

1 week later
#18280 1 year ago

** Update **

Taking my game off the market until I can secure a NIB replacement. I had a lead on one but it has vanished. Have to keep digging.
Sorry to be a flake.

Added 18 months ago:

Let’s try this again…

For Sale: Zilla Premium

* Unboxed this past Sunday
* 35 plays
* $300 in worthwhile mods/upgrades
* Easy, first-floor load-out

Selling to fund cheaper pins.

Ninety-eight fifty. Local deal preferred.

Added 18 months ago:

Under new ownership

#18291 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Has anyone heard that Stern will repair old SAM or whitestar boards?

I haven't heard this, no. Borygard can repair them however. His rates are reasonable and his turnaround isn't terrible. He's in WY.

#18301 1 year ago
Quoted from brobra:

Someone is going to effectively pay 6k for a torched lotr, at a bid of 4.9k; I guarantee it then there’s probably another 500-1000 in parts/labor…

You're astute to look over the fine print and see that the buyers' fees are significant. Most bidders probably assume the fees are heaped only on the seller. Nope!

I used to get excited about auctions like this one. I was sure there would be a diamond in the rough just waiting for me to pluck. One auction house was south of the city, in Bloomington. Their catalog listed a Taxi. I went there expressly to see it during the inspection hours. Oof, it was hella-roached! Total waste of time.

#18304 1 year ago

For Trade:

NIB Stern Factory Deadpool Topper for Jurassic Park Factory Topper.

I will add $50, as I believe the prices of the two toppers are separated by that amount.

PM me and I will forward photos of my topper to you. I'm happy to pack it up carefully and ship it to you. Again, NIB.

Thanks.

#18310 1 year ago

Wanted: Iron Maiden PRO

HUO, routed, stock, modded - doesn't matter, as long it's priced accordingly.

Hoping to find something within a reasonable diving distance of Minneapolis - perhaps two hours or so, max.

PM if you have one for sale or know of another collector who might, etc.

Thanks.

#18314 1 year ago
Quoted from brobra:

High bid was 6100 plus 22.5% (1372.50) 7472 out the door on the Lotr. Plus might need a white star cpu/soundboard combo….totally out of stock, but hey, my dad has the ultimate set of tools…I can fix it

Congrats, Bro(Bra?).
You made the effort, you get the spoils.
You will polish ‘er up and perhaps even keep her!

4 weeks later
#18404 1 year ago

Ready to move my JP2 PRO on.
HUO, low plays, mods.
PM if interested.

Added 17 months ago:

Trade offers for other Stern LCD or DMD pins welcome.

2 weeks later
#18453 1 year ago

Bond pinball sightings in the Twin Cities Metro, anyone?

No sign of it at Tilt. Could this title be a rare pass for them?

#18458 1 year ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Bond launch parties start on Dec. 9th, so they are on the clock now. I scheduled the one for St. Paul Tap on Dec. 17th to be safe.

Awesome! That was going to be my next question! I haven't been to a LesManley Stern launch event since Beatles, whenever that was.

Quoted from LesManley:

The code on Bond is absolute bare bones, so you are not missing anything

Oh, I don't need polished code to shoot around on a new pin. I just want to check it out, see how it shoots, etc. Seeing a new pin is always a treat.

Quoted from LesManley:

If you are in the MN Facebook Group, you will know the second a Bond has landed in the metro area for route play.

Good to know. I tend to visit this thread more often than I do the "Pin Cities" FB page.

Thanks for your helpful post.

2 weeks later
#18524 1 year ago

Wanted: Rush Premium near Minneapolis

Probably won’t drive super far, but who knows?

Routed okay if priced accordingly.

If you would like to sell yours or know of another collector who might, please reach out

Thanks!

3 weeks later
#18597 1 year ago

Available in Minneapolis:

HUO JP2 PRO from July, 2022, run.

PM me with interest.

1 week later
#18642 1 year ago
Quoted from Keylime:

https://hard-drive.net/i-know-exactly-whats-going-on-claims-giant-fucking-liar-playing-pinball/
It's neat to be reminded of the non-player's perspective on pinball. It's also cool that pinball is continuing to grow at the rate that it is. This website, while satirical, pumps out content and jokes that are supposed to be relatable to the reader. There must be enough pinball playing friends that this article was worth writing. A neat indicator of pinball culture's growth indeed!

Well, color me confused.

1 week later
#18682 1 year ago

Wanted: tired/cheap/imperfect modern playfield

I would like to find something made by any modern manufacturer within the last ten years, give or take. Not looking for wall art. I just want a playfield with more or less the same clear coat that is currently used on Stern playfields, so I can test polishes and waxes. I happen to enjoy cleaning/waxing my pin, but I would rather not experiment on the one (SPIKE2) pin I own. An ideal candidate would be a playfield that was replaced in response to a warranty claim - perhaps owing to chipping - and it would be within 60 miles of Minneapolis.

#18706 1 year ago

Available in Minneapolis:

First-owner, HUO JP2 PRO from recent build, with IC

PM me with interest.

#18709 1 year ago

I have a new/packaged set of Pin Stadium Neo's that needs a new home. I can deliver in Minneapolis.
PM me with interest.

1 week later
#18748 1 year ago

First-owner, HUO Jurassic Park PRO from recent run, with IC, needs a new home.

PM me with interest.

1 week later
#18789 1 year ago

My first-owner, HUO, modded Jurassic Park PRO needs a new home. From the most recent build, with IC installed.

PM me with interest.

Thanks.

1 week later
#18874 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Anyone looking to sell a TWD Prem or MET Pro?

You might reach out to Jason in Eau Claire. I know he bought a gorgeous, loaded, basically new MET PRO from Steve in Lakeville last summer. I also know he doesn't hang onto pins very long, so maybe he's ready to sell it on. Reach him through his podcast, Pinball Party. Good luck.

#18887 1 year ago

Wanted: HUO or routed Stern pinball, various titles

I just sold a very nice JP2 PRO to a very nice local collector and repair tech. I lost my shirt on it, but this market is tough right now - especially during this storm of new releases.

I would like to replace this pin I just sold with another HUO pin, although I would consider routed, too, if the price were right.

If you would like to jump in on a Foo Fighters or a The Godfather or a Galactic Tank Force or even a Pulp Fiction, maybe I could put upwards of seven large in your pocket to help. All I need from you is a fun, reasonably priced Stern pin in good shape. I don't promise to jump at any old title, but if you want to float an idea I'm all ears. PM me. Oh, and I guess I'm not keen to drive more than two hours from Minneapolis to pick up, so please bear that in mind.

Thanks!

#18909 1 year ago

Anyone want to share his/her opinions on this latest deluge of new releases?

I've been following along, reading threads, watching "featurettes," poring over reveal photos (when available), and even play testing a title or two.

If I had to rank them by my level of interest...

7. Multi-Morphic's Final Resistance
6. Spooky's Scooby-Doo
5. Stern's Bond 60th
4. AP's Galactic Tank Force
3. JJP's The Godfather
2. Stern's Foo Fighters
1. CGC's Pulp Fiction

These rankings will very probably get switched up after I've had the chance to try them all - whenever that will be - but this is where they land today.

#18913 1 year ago
Quoted from EJS:

...I’d move bond up even though I didn’t like the game but didn’t see it with the new software.

I confess I like Bond 60th a lot as a layout, but I ranked it low because of its absurd price. Pulp Fiction is kind of an affordable Bond 60th to me. The featurette on Pulp Fiction impressed me. The guys at CGC are determined to make a quality machine, and that means a lot to me. I thlnk Sterns shoot great, but I don't like their failure-prone node boards on the SPIKE2 titles and I think their quality control in general is *very* spotty.

Quoted from MikeS:

I also want to play one before deciding because I'm generally not a fan of CGC's flippers.

I hear that! That's an aspect of CGC games that bugs me, too.

Quoted from aaron6920:

Scooby is just filled with QC issues and layout is slow from the looks of it.

Agreed. As much as I want to support plucky little Spooky, they need to spend more time quality testing their games. My own Spooky experience soured me on the company, sadly, and don't foresee myself trying another one of their games.

#18915 1 year ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Was hoping the used market would come back to reality so I could pick something up from my want list,

This is a hope of *all* of us, for sure. All I see is overpriced HUO pins - still. Are they sitting? A bit, yes. The market is far from saturated, but it's getting denser. Sellers are in for an awakening as they toss their pins onto the Classifieds - to "make room" for new pins - at premium prices expecting a quick sale. Witness: the friendly Jason (Wildrover) and his spectacular-bargain TNA, marked down weekly. It's getting tough out there!

#18936 1 year ago
Quoted from izzymonkey:

For me, purchasing interest is dampened by price (of course) but also by how reliably I enjoy ST!

Congrats to you for having an affordable pin that you reliably enjoy. Have you reached the wizard modes? I have very little experience with ST.

Quoted from izzymonkey:

Here's where I'm at:

Bond (Pro/Prem) - dream theme for me

Ooh, nice! Another Bond fan! I watched Bond movies on ABC's Sunday Night at the Movies when I was a boy. They were exciting, obviously, but the violence was a tad scary to me. I did love the gadgets though. I just watched Thunderball again last month and thought it was great.

Quoted from izzymonkey:

Pulp fiction - the only movie I've ever seen twice (in the theatre) in the same day upon release.

Seeing a movie twice in the same day? I don't recall ever doing that. Good for you...I guess. I love Pulp Fiction, too. The dialogue is a hoot! Sam Jackson's Jules is the best! "What?! What ain't no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?"

Quoted from tenhaken:

Coming for all three days. Check out this thread if you are coming:

I've never made the trip to MGC. To be honest, the temptation has never been that high. (No disrespect!) I'm just not a show goer. It's a long haul, expensive, and when there I have to wait in line to try games. Sure, it would be nice to see/meet Pinsiders I've gotten to know here, but that's a lot of work/expense for that. Lastly, I don't really party - like, at all. Fuddy-duddy! Perhaps that's me.

#18937 1 year ago
Quoted from brobra:

But yeah, with so much on the come line, it can be difficult for the shooter to pass

What does this mean? I mean, I guess I kind of know what it means, but the syntax is...well, unfamiliar. Is it hip speak and I'm just missing it? The BroBra is a man of many talents, hauler extraordinaire topping the list. (What run has he *not* made delivering a pinball machine?!) Now I'm adding "wordsmith" to the list, or perhaps just "hepcat."

1 week later
#18976 1 year ago

Are most visitors to this thread NOT at TPF? Are you instead watching the guerilla-style gameplay clips of this or that new release posted to YouTube? I know I am - or I'm trying to at least. I found one of Pulp Fiction, but none yet of GTF. Ball times on Pulp seem quite long. Player instructions appear in the alpha-numeric displays. The sound package is heavy on the songs Miserlou and Jungle Boogie. The dialogue fragments are abundant and varied. Lightshow looks okay. The callouts that are NOT movie dialogue sound a little flat (no disrespect to Mark Ritchie), although I can't claim to have heard the machine all that clearly over the din of the show. Take a look...

#18988 1 year ago

System-7 Wiring: May I Look Under Your Hood?

I have a System-7 Williams machine with a special-solenoid issue. I have tried to decipher the wiring in my schematics but it’s eluding me. It would be a tremendous help if I could take some close-up phone photos of your working System-7 pin to guide me in my wiring repair. I need to install a new diode and capacitor on a kicker switch whose solenoid energizes and locks upon powering the machine. I can pay you for the trouble. I’m in Minneapolis.

Thanks.

#18993 1 year ago
Quoted from tenhaken:

Jason,
You might be interested in the TPF seminars especially the manufacturer seminars which go quite in depth on their respective games. Right now they are big long videos of the entire day of seminars so you have to do some searching. PF starts at about the 4 hour 22 minute mark on yesterday's recording.
https://www.twitch.tv/texas_pinball_seminar/videos?filter=all&sort=time

Thanks for the tip. I will take a look. I saw a VOD of an amazing seminar from CGC last Expo. The dude went into great detail about how the mechs in CCr were re-engineered for durability. He had this legit Powerpoint going, with copious diagrams, and it really sold me - not on the game, but on the ethos of the company. To be honest, my interest in Pulp Fiction has much to do with that, as I get the impression that Doug Douba is more focused on quality than other company heads. Unfortunately, watching gameplay of PF from TPF has tempered my interest in the game a bit, but I will be excited to see/try LTG's when it lands at his place soon.

#19006 1 year ago

So, are many regulars on this thread busy this weekend at MGC? For your sakes, I hope so!
Doppler radar for WI is showing that the worst of this big weather system will actually miss Milwaukee. Whew! Now, if there's another system coming behind it that *will* hit Milwaukee and I just haven't read about it, your MGC experience could be like that of 2019. Wasn't that the year of blizzard?

Congrats to all you 'sconnies who are blessed to have a pinball show. We in Minnesota do NOT have a show and probably never will.

#19016 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

When does Tilt officially move into the old Liquor Lyle’s space? Or is there no set date yet?

Nothing official yet, but Zach the tech told me June/July when I asked him last week.

1 week later
#19096 1 year ago
Quoted from Keylime:

Surely there are other locations around the Twin Cities that have it!

I don’t think so.
LITT should have their LE next week, just days ahead of their FF launch party.

#19109 1 year ago

If you're thinking about moving your Rush Premium out of your lineup, please PM me. Routed okay. Willing to drive two hours, tops, from Minneapolis to pick up.
Thanks.

#19111 1 year ago
Quoted from brobra:

It amazes me you can get pins in your vehicle. I would love a snap shot of that happening at some point for my picture collection.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/18#post-4590779

#19114 1 year ago
Quoted from brobra:

Here’s my 5 in a pickup truck. Full-on clown car situation

Wow. I guess I never imagined four folded/standing pins could fit in a truck bed. Good job! I don't think laden pickups ever look like clown cars because (a) they aren't cars and (b) hauling big loads in a truck is what real men do, no?

#19158 1 year ago

NIB Pin Stadium "Neo" on offer. Never unpacked. Thirty-three percent discount below retail to thread participants. Can ship. PM me if interested.

#19179 12 months ago

Available and Free:

Beautiful, fresh Stern Pinball box, with all packing materials, pallet, and even intact straps.

I unpacked a game today but took excellent care of the box, just in case anyone would like to make use of it to ship a machine.

Located near Tilt in Minneapolis.

#19231 11 months ago

Hi.

Please recommend a glass shop in the Twin Cities Metro.

I need a new backglass for a WMS System-7 pin. My original is flake city and looks awful. I plan to buy a "novelty" translite from an eBay vendor. I s'pose I'll also need new lift- and edge trim, although neither Marco or Pinball Life lists trim parts for System-7 backglasses. I will ask them if the trim parts for WMS System-11 backglasses would work. I don't see why not - unless the dimensions of the two backglasses are different. Mine measures 28.5x26.5x3/16".

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know of a decent original Jungle Lord backglass for sale?

Thanks!

#19232 11 months ago

I still have a very nice, complete Stern Pinball shipping carton, with pallet, which I'm happy to give to anyone who can use it.
It has all the packing materials and even the intact straps that secure the box to the pallet. Located near Tilt Pinball Bar in Minneapolis.

#19252 11 months ago
Quoted from u2sean:

Today at I/O Arcade from 12-5 in Madison is an official Stern Army Foo Fighters launch party, and game designer Jack Danger will be there with some goodies to give away! If you’re around and looking for something to do, swing on down.

Fun! How did it go? I missed the Foo launch party at LITT last week. That was regrettable. Did you meet Jack? What was given away? Translites? Stern swag? Cassettes of Foo music?

#19256 11 months ago

Last chance for a nice Stern shipping carton with pallet and straps. It's square, clean, intact, has all packing materials, and is ready to be packed with your pin to ship. Located near Tilt Pinball Bar in Minneapolis. PM me and I'll send a photo.

#19273 11 months ago

Looking for a WMS "Blackout" (1980) in good shape within an hour's drive of Minneapolis.

Happy to consider any/all examples, but nasty down-to-the-bare-wood playfield wear or pronounced insert cupping are things I would like to avoid.

If you have one you'd like to sell/trade, or if you know of another collector who might, please PM me. I'm in Minneapolis and I'm ready to buy.

Thanks.

#19297 11 months ago

I have a new "Sexy Girl" backglass that needs a new home. Impulse buy. Always thought this backglass lived up to its title, so I jumped at the chance to buy one when it came up. I'm realizing now though that I probably shouldn't have. I don't have the pin and likely never will. I guess I've always been a sucker for suggestive, curvaceous pinball-backglass art. The woman here is a ringer for Dorothy Hamil, which may mean nothing to most of you but I'm old enough to remember her. If you have or know someone who has this title and could use a brand new, never-breathed-on backglass, reach out. No profit taking. Scout's honor! Just hoping to get my investment back. Shipping possible, but that would make me VERY nervous. You could put it in a lighted box and hang it in your pinball-focused man cave. How perfect would that be!

#19313 11 months ago

Anyone in the market for a classic SS Bally?
Anyone in the market for NOS parts?
Anyone up for an adventure that will challenge and even alarm you?
Anyone exceedingly patient, flexible, accommodating?
Well, then this seller is your ticket:

Suggestion: don’t mention my name if you hope for a callback. For reasons no sane person could possibly deduce, I offended him by being on time, speaking politely, and paying $500 cash for a backglass. I passed on his game after expressing interest over the phone. If that makes no sense to you now, a visit there would make the justification for that crystal clear. Still, if you’re an adventurer, go and see for yourself.

#19317 11 months ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Pictures are pretty bad and the fact the seller is calling a Sketball “rare” makes me think something weird is going on there.

Seller is entitled to his privacy/dignity and I won't speak unkindly of him, but "weird" isn't the half of it.

#19357 11 months ago

I have a thoroughly/legitimately shopped WMS JL that needs a new home. No issues. LOTS of work/expense/time invested to polish up this challenging game. Asking twenty-eight.
https://flickr.com/photos/193956113@N05/albums/72177720308371713

#19411 11 months ago
Quoted from EmLover1970:

Our techs try hard, they work hard, but some things just seem to be beyond their abilities.

All it takes is money to maintain games. I've been to Blainbrook just a few times and each time I marvel at the neglect. Hence, I assume they have almost no budget for labor or parts. I live near Up-Down. They, too, have a budget issue when it comes to game maintenance. I would help them shop their games if that were an option. Of course, at Up-Down, with their absurdly low prices, you get what you pay for. I was thrilled last year when a NOB 'zilla PRO landed there. Each time I went in, I went right up to it, and each time I discovered that it was still pitched at about five-degrees. This went on for weeks. I thought, okay, this game was set up in a very big hurry and isn't quite done yet. That's understandable, but maybe come back when you have more time and finish the setup? The kids who work in there will take the glass off and fish stuck balls out, but they may not dare do anything more than that. I spoke to a staffer about who oversees the machines and he admitted that Up-Down maintains and circulates their arcade machines between the various branches of Up-Down, but the pinballs are managed by a separate amusements company and they (Up-Down) have NO control over what pinballs are routed there or for how long or in what condition.

1 week later
#19468 11 months ago

"Fight tigers and WIN!"

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “For Sale in Minneapolis: 1981 “Jungle Lord” Pinball Machine by Williams Electronics * Plays great * No issues * Thoroughly “shopped,” aka cleaned/adjusted/repaired this y...”
2023-05-23
Minneapolis, MN
2,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 19 days
Viewed: 280 times

Open to trades for other SS games from this era, Bally or WMS

#19476 11 months ago

On the hunt for a WMS "Blackout" from 1980.

Happy to also consider other SS games - from Bally, WMS, or Stern.

Skateball and Dolly round out my top-three this month. Willing to drive a couple of hours outside of Minneapolis for the right deal.

I have a great Jungle Lord to offer in trade, otherwise a cash deal is fine.

#19487 10 months ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

...After working on cars for nearly 18 years (auto body) Toyota was one of the automakers that made vehicles I really hated working on. Prone to rust. Thin flimsy sheet metal that often needed to be shrunk to straighten properly. Poor fitting body components (bumper covers etc). Garbage hardware (fasteners). Paint was poor quality and very inconsistent so much so that nearly every color they did that had metallic flake in it had 20-30 variants. Not having to work on a Toyota is one of the reasons I am glad I no longer do auto body.

Wow. That's interesting. I definitely respect the opinion of a body man because body men take those cars apart and get to know them quite well. I have an eleven-year-old Toyota with 94K miles and it's hanging together okay. Would I buy another? Well, only if they make an EV soon.

#19489 10 months ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

if you ever need your car worked on for any reason just remember there is no need to tell the person that is about to work on it how “great” Toyota is.

I'll try to remember that. My car is an inception-year car, which means it was the first year of a new model - in this case the Prius C. I don't know if Toyota made an effort to keep the build quality high on this car for that model year as they expected scrutiny, but apart from the car's firm/uncomfortable suspension, it seems to be well made. I could be way off though as I am not and have never been a body man. I did work in a restoration shop when I was a lad though. The closest thing to body work I did was sandblasting and priming parts. I remember blasting, priming, and then painting a vintage car's chassis. That took quite a while! Spray booths that size are a trip! That job taught me how hard it is to get body panels dead straight for the perfect paint job. I had mad respect for those mechanics and body men at that shop. They were top-tier though. Like, Pebble-Beach-winner top tier.

(Apologies for the OT post.)

#19502 10 months ago

Still hoping to find a Bally or WMS SS pin to shop/revive/enjoy. Projects are okay, too. Just looking for something to tinker with as my current project is finished and going to a new home soon. I realize we are probably in the summer pin-sale doldrums already, but if you're willing to buck the trend by offering something for sale, I'm in the market. Let's make a deal!

#19507 10 months ago
Quoted from AmyE:

Any suggestions on who can do this, and ballpark estimates of what it should cost me?

We in this region seem to have just one pinhauler, but he tends to go east and south. I have never heard of a route of his taking him due west, but I could be way off. He goes by BroBra here. If he can't help, and if no Pinsider happens to be making the trip and could haul your pin, you may have no choice but to enlist the go-to commercial pinhauler STI/Beltmann. The contact there is Michelle Bianchi. She will get you a quote within a day typically. The advantage to STI is they are perhaps the only hauler that does NOT require you to pallet the machine. Their drivers will show up and haul your pin out of your home, legs on! Just be prepared for a number above $600, as pinhauling is NOT cheap right now.

I would also ask in the regional threads that include other states on your pin's prospective route. I don't know offhand if there are many, but there might be one or two.

Lastly, try this Pinside thread: "Transportation Questions." I see at least a few hauling requests there. I assume haulers look there for customers.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/forum/transportation-questions

Congrats on your purchase!

#19508 10 months ago

Keylime has taken his son here many times and likes it. He may also know the management. I think Ben Grainger is part of the inner circle there. I had a chance to meet him recently and he spoke about this business venture. Nice guy. I don't get over to St. Paul that often, to be super frank, but a pricing model of $15/day would distinguish Starcade from virtually all other locations (that I know of), and since I'm bad enough that I can burn through $15 in an hour at a place like LITT, I might be tempted to drive to St. Paul to try Starcade. Good luck to them in their move!

#19511 10 months ago
Quoted from bulletbait:

The newer Sterns were pay to play (75c I think?) on top of the entry fee.

Drat! I didn't realize the cover charge includes just one pinball. I should have asked Keylime for clarification!

1 week later
#19533 10 months ago

If you have a RUSH Premium that needs a new home, let’s talk. I’m in the market.
Hoping to find something within two hours of Minneapolis.
Thanks.

1 week later
#19570 10 months ago

NIB IMDN Premium in Minneapolis needs a new home. Significant discount below MSRP. Delivery within the Metro area arrangeable. PM me if interested. Pinside donation if sale is made.

Ninety-two.

2 weeks later
#19677 9 months ago

** Post Deleted **

2 weeks later
#19769 8 months ago

At the risk of sounding like a lunatic...

If you would like to sell your HUO or routed Bond 60th, please PM me. Maybe we can work something out.

Thanks.

#19793 8 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Up and running.

Lloyd’s TGFCE is stunning. Worth a trip there just to see it! Super fun, too!
Congrats!

#19806 8 months ago
Quoted from mackey256:

If you post a YouTube link it shows as a video.

That video is great.
Thanks for sharing it!
Where is this woman today?
Doing video-game sound design?
Got any more?

#19822 8 months ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Her name is Suzanne Ciani and she’s still making music.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzanne_Ciani

This lady is a trip!
Apparently she wrote synthy ad jingles for big, corporate clients in the 80's. In particular she wrote many "logo themes." That cracked me up of course because, as a child watching lots of network TV in the late 70's and 80's, I remember well all those pioneering synth sounds used in TV logos. Heck, I loved synthesizers then! I used to love the "synth solo" that at the time was as common as the guitar solo in pop music. (Greg Hawkes, anyone, of the Cars?)
Her appearance on Letterman is funny but not as interesting as her appearance on Contact 1-2-3.
Here's an example of a TV logo with a "theme," although in this case it's a band I think and *not* a synthesizer:

2 weeks later
#19871 8 months ago

Does anyone here know or know of a tech in St Paul named Gary?
Stern referred me to him, although they didn’t supply a last name.
Thanks.

#19876 8 months ago
Quoted from izzymonkey:

Not familiar with that name, but Bill Kolbe came to service my NiB ST Pro early on (still under service support from the distributor) and was efficient, honest, plus took the time to teach me what he did so I could self-service similar things in future. I was a first-time, n00b pinball buyer and appreciated the pro advice.

Thanks for the suggestion. Could I trouble you to PM me his contact info?

Quoted from skink91:

Ha. They just told you to call some guy in St. Paul named Gary? Gee, thanks Stern!

Yeah, you would be appalled if you knew the details. Let's just say this has been a VERY long road. Too bad I love Stern machines. I can't really tell them to shove it, ya know? Gotta play nice or I will go straight to the bottom of the repair-ticket pile.

#19877 8 months ago

Hey, Bmanpin! Your sale pins look awesome! Good ads, with great photos. I hope they go quickly. On to the next! (In this case, the one involving salt water and lots of teeth - although technically I guess that would also describe Godzilla!)

#19878 8 months ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Still looking for an Iron Man vault edition, let me know!

IM is one of my favorite Sterns. People talk about how brutal it is - and certainly it is that - but they rarely mention the top-notch light show or the top-notch sound package by the colossal David Thiel. That game has so much energy when you get it going! Best fighter-jet fly-by sound effects for ramp passes ever. Plus, who doesn't love the explosion when you hit the center spinner to collect the Super in Iron Monger MB or hit the War Machine kickback to start War Machine MB?! (As I say - ENERGY!)

#19915 8 months ago

I have a fair maiden of premium pedigree who needs a new consort. If you have one of your own that is three-hundred feet tall with skin as coarse as a crocodile's and breath as withering as days-old offal, perhaps we could arrange an exchange. PM me with proposals.

#19916 8 months ago
Quoted from Reul1:

Anyone know of a route operator that would route some games (pin-video- and like bubble hockey ect. In the Perham MN area? Looking for games for a new rec room next spring (seasonal) May- October.
Let me know anyone that could route some games here next year, and I’ll pass along the contact information.

Sounds like Aaron to me. He's a avid collector and probably the only seller in Perham, MN. He used to list sale pins on CL now and then, although I haven't seen his posts there in a year or so. I don't know if he's truly an operator though.

#19919 8 months ago
Quoted from Vitty:

How about an exchange for a suited stud packing heat and a sharp wit?

My fair maiden would probably swoon for your suited stud. Better to just unite them than to exchange them. Fair maidens aren't so skilled at making martinis though, but they are certainly good rescue material.

1 week later
#19933 7 months ago

** Courtship Announcement: Castle Pillsbury of the Earl of Sussex **

A fair maiden of arresting beauty and premium pedigree is looking for a suitor. She has a few desirable embellishments and has never been employed outside of the castle. She arrived here less than two months ago from her birth village of Elk Grove. A sum not less than ninety-seven florin was invested for her passage here, her wardrobe, and her personal mare. She brings with her a peculiar manservant named "Eddie" who is kept shackled in a dungeon during his time off. As a token of the Earl’s generosity, the price for her hand and her accoutrements is eighty-six florin. I advise bringing an extra bridle for Eddie and tethering him alongside the mare as he doesn't like to ride in carriages.

Inquiries can be directed to me, the Earl's steward, care of Castle Pillsbury, Sussex.

#19945 7 months ago
Quoted from EJS:

If I ever need to sell a game I’m hiring Jason_Jehosaphat to write the ad.

Thanks, but what "ad" do you see of mine? I posted a courtship announcement for a fair maiden currently in the service of the Earl of Sussex. I could certainly write you one of those if/when the occasion arose. We castle stewards wear many hats!

Now, let's read about local sightings of the new Venom! Anyone?

#19959 7 months ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:Price drops, really wanting to move these locally if possible.

You can't "swim with the fishes" unless someone forces you into cement galoshes and tosses you in the drink. Are you anticipating this? Did you betray a rival family? You seem like a standup guy to me. I would not have guessed that you are linked to the Rockford Mafiosi. Or maybe you're an enforcer and you muscled the wrong local business. I think BroBra is quite well connected. He might know the right goons to hire to neutralize your threat. The thing about cement galoshes is they take quite a long time to set. They are definitely an instrument of a bygone era. No one today has the time to wait for cement to set just to off some guy!

Oh, and GLWTS.

283 posts in this topic match your search for posts by jason_jehosaphat. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jason_jehosaphat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread?tu=jason_jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.