1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider janus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#729 11 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Heading to MGC Friday morning and back on Sunday. Anyone need a ride or want to meet and convoy to the show? I'm bringing a pin so I'll have room for one passenger. No pin coming back so I'll have room for five passengers on the way home, or possibly a pin for someone else.

PM sent

#743 11 years ago

Thank you MnHotRod for the ride home. I enjoyed the company and the pinball podcasts along the way.

3 months later
#1477 10 years ago

What would you take in trade for your bride?

1 week later
#1539 10 years ago

Weddings at the Brat Stop, only in Wisconsin...

1 month later
#1933 10 years ago

Hey Lloyd,

Will you offer some details on what is involved with bringing a machine to the pinballcircus?

When can it be dropped off?

When does it need to be picked up?

Thanks

#1950 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Just contact me and we'll work out what is best for you.
Often games come in a few days early and stay a few days late. Moving a game isn't always easy so I try and make the scheduling as flexible as possible.
Thank you.LTG : )

Thanks Lloyd. As we get closer to the event, I'll get a hold of you...

2 weeks later
#2056 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

My bad, I was thinking Brainerd.

They both claim to be the birthplace of Paul Bunyan, along with Akeley. Of course, we all know his girlfriend's birthplace is Hackensack...

2 weeks later
#2245 10 years ago

Hello everyone,

I would like to trade (preferably) or sell my Maverick and Secret Service, so I thought I would start here.

Maverick - Very nice playfield, new playfield plastics, brand new dmd, cabinet is a little rough, but overall a nice machine. $1600

Secret Service - Solid "players" machine. Rebuilt flippers have this machine playing fast. $900

Will post pictures soon, probably with new thread. Open to any trade offers, but I would prefer a pin on my wishlist, and could add cash for the right deal.

Thanks

1 week later
#2334 10 years ago

Would there be any interest in a Twin Cities home pinball club?

My thoughts were something along the lines of establishing a club where once a month a member would host. Maybe a host would have to have a minimum of three machines? If there were enough hosts, we wouldn't have to limit the membership to only hosts. I was thinking maybe just a winter thing, maybe longer. Maybe a mid-season mini tourney at blainbrook/mortimers/both, finals at, of course Lloyds?

Potluck? On your own? Friday nights? Saturday nights? Sunday nights? Midweek?

Maybe post replies here for now, or pm me. If there is enough interest, we could start a new thread. We'll see how this goes...

1 month later
#2754 10 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

Does anyone have any information on the game/seller of the NBAFB in Buffalo? It looks like it came from C&N sales (Mankato) So, I'd guess it was purchased at the MOMA auction ...

I bought my desw from him. He's a good guy. He gets a lot of pins and arcade games via auction...

#2798 10 years ago

I rarely post, but feel compelled to do so, Bryan, wtf?

#2800 10 years ago

Take a deep breath...

2 months later
#3530 10 years ago
Quoted from charm86:

Any locals interested in working out a deal to get these to MN/WI?
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-package-deal-jd-bsd-and-south-park-for-total-of-4800#post-1397430
I am mostly interested in the BSD, but would take the SP as well. PM me if interested.

The hang up is the JD, I'll buy the SP...

1 month later
#3814 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Hey WI /MN dudes.
Looking for a Gottlieb Strikes 'N Spares. Just looking to mix it up on a good 2 player theme.
chris

Blainbrook had one for sale a while back that no one would buy. Then it was gone. Now they have one again, I'm guessing it could be bought...

2 months later
#4493 9 years ago

Across the harbor...

3 weeks later
#4745 9 years ago

Last fall there was a 24 at Flahertys, don't know if its still there...

3 months later
#5485 9 years ago

Hello everyone

Looking to sell Whirlwind and Millionaire as a package deal.

WW - Has a brand new CPR playfield installed and new plastics. Pretty much all LED's and a new topper. The bad news is the cabinet is shot. It holds together just really needs a new one. The display also has some lines out. I have two used display glasses, do not know what the problem is, and I don't have the time to work on it.

Millionaire - Solid "players" machine, displays are bright and clear. Plays well. The playfield paint is wore, but I do have another playfield to go with it. It is no better than the one in it, I bought it with the idea of restoring it than swapping pfs. Again, no time.

$2000 for both.

#5510 9 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Hello everyone
Looking to sell Whirlwind and Millionaire as a package deal.
WW - Has a brand new CPR playfield installed and new plastics. Pretty much all LED's and a new topper. The bad news is the cabinet is shot. It holds together just really needs a new one. The display also has some lines out. I have two used display glasses, do not know what the problem is, and I don't have the time to work on it.
Millionaire - Solid "players" machine, displays are bright and clear. Plays well. The playfield paint is wore, but I do have another playfield to go with it. It is no better than the one in it, I bought it with the idea of restoring it than swapping pfs. Again, no time.
$2000 for both.

Thanks guys for the interest! I had a good response, and a couple of very interested parties. I think they will sell this weekend. I will post again if they do not sell to any of the people I responded to.

Thanks again!

2 months later
#6049 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Saw this today, thought it wad pretty funny

20141214_161027.jpg 147 KB

Hee-hee, that was me. I was really worried about Donny's carpal tunnel. I imagine he would have filled out the rest of the sheet on that one...

#6050 9 years ago

Jebus, was it something I said? Two days?

2 weeks later
#6159 9 years ago

1 is a good number. What do you want it to read?

Coils are fairly bulletproof. Did you let the smoke out of it?

#6162 9 years ago

LTG, you're closed now.

Go get some rest, or catch up on your dear Lloyd's if you would.

#6166 9 years ago

Coils have virtually no resistance when measured on a multimeter. I doubt it is the coil if it still has the smoke in it.

$5 for Lloyd's coil is still a good idea either way. Good price and it never hurts to have a backup.

#6167 9 years ago

Sorry, misread your post. Infinite resistance is bad. The smoke is gone.

$5 done

Next we should figure out why.

#6169 9 years ago
Quoted from DudeMcAwesome:

My T2 is a real beater, I am hoping it was just that coils time to go...

I'll send a pm shortly

#6171 9 years ago

Coils are the strongest part in a pinball machine, they only fail because something else failed

6 months later
#7216 8 years ago

I have one for a Weber grill

1 month later
#7471 8 years ago
Quoted from bintzknocker:

As a follow up (in case anyone cares). I bought a custom sheet of tempered glass from Minneapolis Glass Company.

I care...How much?

1 month later
#7646 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's a couple hundred to high IMO.

Can we please not price police Donnie? I hope none of these machines sell. I regularly put quarters in all of them. If he does sell any of them, I hope he gets his full asking price because this money will be reinvested in better and more diverse pins.

4 weeks later
#7832 8 years ago

Lightning flippers on FT yay or nay?

3 weeks later
#7935 8 years ago

Hate to be a downer and I do wish all newlyweds the best, but if you think the wedding costs you a few nib pins, um, add a substantial playfield multiplier to what a divorce costs...

#7939 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Would that be divorce number 2?

One and only

#7941 8 years ago

Smart ass

1 week later
#8013 8 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I have a friend that's looking to buy his first pin. He's looking to get something in the $1000 or less range.
It will need to be either a light project or fully working...
Anyone have something they're ready to sell?

Can't let go any of the 18, huh?

#8024 8 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I only have 2 games under $1000
I'm willing to sell.

I was only teasing. Nice collection! Good luck on his search

2 months later
#8292 8 years ago

Pinside misses you Tony M...

6 months later
#8872 7 years ago

Paul, I'll take 2

#8877 7 years ago

Call Billy, I'll bet he wants some...

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh looks like only 5 sheets now.

#8908 7 years ago
Quoted from barkerlake:

I joined here to update all the MSP locations. So many places on the map have the incorrect machines listed..but when I try to update them, it says I don't have enough cred to do such a thing.
What do I need to do?

I gave up on this map long ago. The app "pinball map," works great. Lesmanly does a great job keeping it up to date.

#8947 7 years ago

Didn't someone have a really sweet tx at MGC this year? That thing was awesome, would love to have one

2 weeks later
#8971 7 years ago

What was he asking?

3 weeks later
#9012 7 years ago

You'll fit right in here...

#9024 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No one wants my box??? Ya know your kids will love ya for it.

If you still have the box when i come to pick up my glass, I'll take it. My 7 & 9 year olds will love it.

3 months later
#9356 7 years ago

3 years ago Blainbrook had a Starship Troopers...I miss that game

8 months later
#10268 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

(I realize this is not the "Market" portion of pinside, but it is a Minnesota-specific club, so I'm taking a risk and posting here.)
Thanks in advance.

You're good dude, that's exactly what this thread is for

1 month later
#10375 6 years ago

Going to see GnR tomorrow at the Bradley Center, staying at the double tree. Any recommendations for a good restaurant/bar within walking distance for supper? Pins would be a bonus.
I'm taking my 10 year old son to his first rock concert as a reward for an achievement at school. He recently fell in love with GnR, so this should be fun!

#10377 6 years ago
Quoted from smacks:

One block east of the Bradley center is Old World 3rd St... lots of options for food. Buck Bradleys, Brick 3 Pizza, MKE Brat House, Who's on third... Then if you want to walk across river on Juneau there are even a lot more food places... Assuming you are not looking for a sit down steak dinner, my kids love Brick 3 Pizza before a MKE Bucks game. It has all kinds of different/some unique pizzas by the slice and breadsticks are great and it is usually pretty quick in and out. There are lots of other brew/sports pubs right down there too if you are looking to sit down for some burgers or bar food.. most spots are to the east, however I don't recall many/any with pinball.
Have fun and say hi to Axel and Slash, should be a great concert.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. The boy loves pizza

#10381 6 years ago

Old German Beer Hall, hell ya, how could I not go somewhere called that?

#10394 6 years ago
Quoted from smacks:

How was the show?

It was great, I'm really glad I went. Axl can still sing, Slash played great, they were all high energy for over three hours. The stage was really cool. The sound, light show and pyrotechnics were incredible especially with how they tied in with the music.
I didn't know what to expect. At their age I thought they might mail it in, but they really brought it and seemed really into putting on a great show. They performed all their hits, lots of good covers and even played Coma, which my 10 year old loves from the pinball.
It was great and the boy had the time of his life!
Had some pizza at brick3 and beer at the Old German Beer Hall, thank you for that, and even stopped at Poolies on the way home Wednesday. Cool place.

Great trip all around, thank you Wisconsin

2 months later
#10699 6 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Anybody have a meteor or galaxy they could part with?

I have a meteor that's somewhat a project I haven't gotten to yet. I could part with it.

#10706 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

What?! Selling a game??? Have anything else in mind?

Hee-hee, NO!

I regret it each time. Meteor is alot like Stars, though. I guess I don't need both. A friend keeps telling me that you can't have them all. Dammit, he's kinda right...

1 month later
#10897 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

What?! Selling a game??? Have anything else in mind?

Ok P, you got me thinking. I would like to trade SOF, but only for a very few select pins.

WW
BOP
Funhouse

+ or - $$$ for condition

SOF is nicer than players condition. Displays are good. PM me for pics or more info

#10900 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Justin!
I didn't know you snagged a SOF! Nice!
Man it is spring time, is this time we come out of hibernation and swap game room stuff around?

You got it.

Stop on by the next time your in town

4 months later
#11429 5 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

We’ve got a Roadshow set on free play in the green room for the Xgames athletes today.

There'll be some nudity and beer...

#11442 5 years ago

I went last year. Brought my 8 and 10 year old boys for the Blue Angels. It was awesome! There was also a stealth bomber and a B52 and a B1-B bomber that flew in in formation and made three passes each. One hell of a show!

1 week later
#11491 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

minneapolis.craigslist.org link
Anyone know the story about this guys stuff? I see a whirlwind, t2, BOP, but assuming there is a catch or an old picture if these are still for sale.

That's your WW you got from me in that picture. Those old semi trailers are leaky. All that stuff has water damage and there's no power on site to test the machines.

#11495 5 years ago
Quoted from orangegsx:

Been meaning to call that guy, looking for a project even if its real rough. Is he reasonable?

He's a haggler. He knows what the values are and he asks top dollar for untested junk. Rumor has it he and his brother were on an episode of American Pickers. He had a MSF inside his house that was fairly priced, but I'd just as soon not deal with him. Just a vibe I got from him. I'm not a haggler but if you are, go for it.

8 months later
#12535 4 years ago

I received my new Meteor back glass. So if anyone wants my old one, it's yours. All you have to do is pick it up in Forest Lake, or I could bring it to North Minneapolis during the work day.

It's missing mostly the mirrored paint.

20190430_155802 (resized).jpg20190430_155802 (resized).jpg

#12537 4 years ago

It's yours. PM me and I'll give you my number.

3 months later
#12947 4 years ago
Quoted from SuS:

I have 3 Polk Audio PSW10 subwoofers for sale.
2 of them are still new in the box and the other one had just a couple hours of use before I moved into a condo and decided it’s just too much bass for a condo.
$85 ea for the ones still in box.
$65 for the used one.
Cash & carry only.

Where are you at?

#12949 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

His condo, duh!

well I'll gladly buy one, but there's no way im driving down to nowheresville...

#12951 4 years ago

No worries, if you can't sell them, I'll buy them. I don't think you'll have a problem tho. We can work something out if needed.

3 weeks later
#13026 4 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

I wanted to play JP at the Fair( on my first visit). The dollar bill acceptor didn't work, and the change machine was out of order. There was just a really long line to get quarters from the quarter lady.
I didn't bother,.
On my 2nd visit to the fair, I didn't bother with visiting the pins. Played Space Invaders Frenzy instead at the other arcade.
A bit disappointed.

Can't we go home yet? My feet hurt! All the fresh air is making my hair move. And I don't know how much longer I can complain.

#13027 4 years ago

Sorry, my smily face emoji wasn't included

2 months later
#13267 4 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Starting to clear out the house. Does anyone need a standard sheet of glass? It's used but in good shape. Free, just come pick it up. I also have a set of used Theatre of Magic ramps $20.

Dude, I'll take it. I just will happen to be at the Victoria hockey rink Friday morning. If we can connect that would be sweet...

3 months later
#13711 4 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Greetings guys.
Anyone want a sweet arcade to have in their game room next to all their pins?
I’ve got this for sale or trade.
Thanks.
siouxfalls.craigslist.org link

Knock a zero off and you have a deal

2 months later
#14328 3 years ago
Quoted from dar8dar:

Stopped in at SS Billiards today Lloyd looked great and in a very good mood games played
awesome

You were able to play some games? When I stop in, he starts talking pinball and I don't get to play any of his games...

9 months later
#16011 3 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

Anyone know of a nice\working sys11 FS in the Twin Cities area? Getting the bug to get back in to pin ownership.
Also, what's the current market/price range for nice/working sys11s?

Lionman $2500?

5 months later
#16795 2 years ago

My first time staying in Madison. Headed to the Blue Moon Bar shortly, pinball map looks up to date. I'm working and staying near the Alliant Center. Any ideas on other spots I should visit that a 46 year old male would enjoy, even outside of pinball? Scenic overlooks, neat spots only the locals really know about?
Staying tonight and tomorrow, thanks in advance

#16796 2 years ago

Also looking for the best brew pubs, one with a uniqueness, not cookie cutter trendy places.

Best wing place
Best burger
Best pizza
Best lunch place would also be much appreciated

#16802 2 years ago

Thanks guys, Madison is awesome!

Blue Moon is cool with one hell of a lineup. Had the whole upstairs to myself. Damn that bezcar is sweet.

Danes, wow, that's exactly what I was hoping to find.

Can't wait to finish work tomorrow, an old fashioned is calling my name and some Mexican food, later a slice of pizza

#16804 2 years ago

Karben4 looks cool, I'll check it out. Unfortunately internet says Rockhound is permanently closed. I've been to Pooleys before, very cool place.

This town is awesome

#16812 2 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

I hope you grabbed a burger when you were at Blue Moon. One of the best in town!

I did, it was excellent.

Some brewpubs just make shit beer, most people don't know any better and think it's good. Most make good beer and then there are a very few that make outstanding beer. Karben4 is one of those few. Excellent quality beer, even bought a growler.

Quoted from Zambonilli:

Graze if you want to drop some cash. The old fashion if you want an Old fashion and cheese curds (get the tiger sauce).

I didn't exactly understand your text, so I went to Graze and ordered an old fashioned and cheese curds. They were both very good. I asked for tiger sauce and the bartender said they didn't have that. I showed her your post and she figured it out. I didn't know about the old fashioned. So I went there, that place is cool as hell. Ordered an old fashioned and cheese curds with tiger sauce and didn't even have to finish talking, she already knew what I wanted. Graze was good, but damn the old fashioned is where it's at!

As far as everyone's other suggestions, I have them written down and will go next time. Every suggestion so far has been spot on.

Thank you all!!!

1 year later
#19354 11 months ago

I did, I love Blainbrook, but Donny is an asshole and I don't think he'd care that I said that...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider janus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread?tu=janus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.