1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iloveplywood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7118 8 years ago

Just wanted to thank everyone who's involved in getting good pins on location in Madison. I've been to Schwoeglers a few times this past week and all the machines are in awesome shape and fun to play. I'm sure it's a lot of work to keep things running. The day I went was pretty full of people playing the pins, more than were bowling it seemed. Thanks again!

1 month later
#7389 8 years ago

Maybe not the right thread for this, but I live in Madison, WI and I've been thinking about getting a pin for awhile (finally moved into the new house) and I keep hearing how no one should pay MSRP for a new Stern. I've been considering a Star Trek pro or maybe a Walking Dead machine but the prices seem pretty fixed everywhere I look. Do people just email a few dealers and tell them what they're looking for and bargain? Is there a range I should be aiming below the list price that most people are paying? I don't need to get the absolute best price or anything, but I don't want to pay 1K more than I need to either. Just as a hypothetical I see around $5400 as the standard price for a Star Trek Pro, is this way over what one should actually pay to a dealer for the machine?

3 weeks later
#7502 8 years ago

Good job madison crew and everyone else who was involved in the fall flipout event -- it sounds like it went great.

1 month later
#7662 8 years ago

Made it to Schwoegler's in Madison again and got to play AMH -- what a treat to get to play that pin on location. Thanks again to all of you who put such awesome pins on location in Madison. I really enjoyed AMH, even if I didn't know what I was doing; had a very unique feel to it. I'll have to make it to Pooley's sometime as I really want to try TWD.

#7669 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It really is a cool and different playing game. Very challenging but keeps me wanting to play more!
little secret >> It currently is running the newest code before any other AMH in the world. One of the greatest things about Ben is that he is a real pinhead also. He stopped out yesterday to load up v22 of the code and even do some programming and bug testing on site.
Thanks for dropping quarters so we can keep doing this!
Like Kingpin suggests, come on out to one of the casual monthly tournaments and play, say, hello, and meet the crew of regular players. It is a fun way to learn rulesets, challenge yourself to play better, and possibly meet some new pin buddies.

That's awesome about the code for AMH. I've watched quit a few of Ben's videos on youtube, would have been strange to see him there working on the game.

I'll have to stop by for one of the tournament things sometime. I bit the bullet and got my own machine a month ago and am on a quest to not be absolutely terrible (so far the quest is off to a rocky start). What's weird is that I don't think I have played more than five games of pinball in my life before six months ago and now I spent thousands on a machine. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to play a ton to justify the purchase.

#7676 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

give it a year...
I think I went for 1 game to 12 in the first 12 months, lol.
If you ever have troubles with your TAF then I am happy to let you look at mine (at pooley's) if you need to see how something goes.

I'm sticking with one game for a year at least. I just like checking the market out for fun . . . four times a day.

I've been tempted to make the trek out to Pooley's to play the TAF to see how it compares. I have a few minor issues on mine, but I suppose it's time to enter the game within the game and try to fix it.

1 to 12 in a year . . . impressive.

#7680 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I liked MM, it just kept me up at night on how much I had in a single game. Much easier to sleep if the value is spread out to serveral machines, more floor space to show for it.

I can definitely see that. I have forbidden myself from thinking about how much money I spent on my one machine. I woke up a couple of mornings where my first thought was what the hell have I done. Soon I'm thinking I need another one though.

4 months later
#8313 8 years ago

Just wanted to thank whoever put the GOT on route at schwoeglers in Madison. I completely missed any posts regarding this and it was an awesome surprise.

2 years later
#10962 6 years ago

Hi all,

I'm in Madison, Wi and I'm wondering if anyone here knows of a pinball service person nearby that can help fix up some random issues with a TAF pin (I'd pay of course). I'm thinking of maybe selling it in the near future but I want to get it in tip top shape before I do. I'd try doing it myself, but if I do sell it I don't want to inflict my poor handiwork on any future buyer. I think it's pretty simple stuff -- the thing flipper optic is not picking up the ball, a graveyard pop is not working, and there are a few bulbs burnt out (this I could probably do . . . ).

Anyway, if someone knows somebody I'd appreciate it.

1 month later
#11199 5 years ago

I came across this thread about pinball in Madison that was only five years ago:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-play-madison-wi

What a change in five years! Thanks WhySnow and everyone else (sorry I don't know who you are) that helped make such a dramatic difference in location pinball for Madison.

#11201 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

thanks!
The other guys in Madison Pinball are U2Sean (sean) and BigDaddyBanjo (garrett)
Both great guys! The 3 of us are collectively Madison Pinball.
Even more amazing to me is that just 4 years ago we had one location with only 4 games.
There are now 4 (soon to be 5 locations) with currently 35+ games (soon to be almost 50).
The majority of the games are still from our private collections that we put out. Some are games we have bought over the past 5 years.
In case you have not heard, we are supplying a bunch of pinball for I/O gaming bar, which is a new arcade/pinball/gaming bar that is opening down on Willy st later this summer. We are super excited to be partnering with the owner and are working on a bunch of new games that we will be bringing in there. Gonna be a really fun spot!
Side note: Did Quy ever come over to help with your TAF or did you still need a hand?

I buckled down and fixed it on my own while he was at MGC. I need to get in touch with Quy again to play some TNA on location before he gets his and never wants to leave his house again.

3 weeks later
#11280 5 years ago

Hey all,

Looking for a reasonably close TWD Pro for purchase if anyone is looking to free up some pin money (I'm in Madison).

#11283 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I have a ghostbusters pro. Is that close enough? They both deal with the dead... both have a ramp.... some flippers... you get the point.

Lol, almost but I think I have my heart set on a Twd pro(or a TED as my phone wants to call it) at least at the moment. I almost emailed you to see if you had a TWD as I recall you were interested in my TAF as a trade in. If I ever go for a non-stern you'll be my first call.

1 year later
#13585 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinmasher:

I have a Iron Maiden pro that I was thinking of letting go for trades towards other older 80's Williams pins. Is this a dumb thing to think about? I have acquired a Firepower 2 and a Black Knight and have only played the Maiden a hand full of times but keep going back to the older 80's machines. So in short I am on the fence... Thanks for listening to my half drunken thoughts!

Kind of curious about this too. It seems like a lot of people that keep collecting pins eventually start accumulating a bunch of older pins. Do three or four older games like Black knight equal more fun than a newer machine if space isn't an issue?

1 week later
#13620 4 years ago

Wait . . . so who was this cool guy . . . I'm really confused.

3 weeks later
#13776 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Still hoping to find a trading partner. Low-plays, no wear. Comes from a virus-free home in Minneapolis. Even comes with portentous playfield graphics: "Got bit, fever hit, life went to shit, might as well quit." Trade if you dare!

Machine - For Sale

TWD Premium in MN - HUO, Low Plays

HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) “For Sale:

Stern “The Walking Dead” Premium Pinball

Home use only

c. 600 lifetime plays

No PF wear apart from light/normal dimpling

No shooter lane wear

No Well Walker hip...”

31 days ago

Minneapolis, MN

5,725 (OBO)

Jason_Jehosaphat

It's a very fair price. If I could take eight hours to be away from work to go pick it up I probably would have purchased it by now. You'll sell it eventually at that price.

11 months later
#15926 3 years ago
Quoted from BadgeringBadger:

You nailed my thinking. AIQ was fun, and if there aren't any Batmans available, then it's an easy choice to get an AIQ. Theme-wise I liked watching the Batman TV show, and having played it multiple times over a longer period of time I know I'll enjoy it, vs AIQ where I've played it 5 times and am guessing it would be fun. I know I can't lose either way

If you think the Batman TV shows are funny, then this pin has some of the best theme integration of all time, Lyman just killed it here. It also has super deep yet understandable rules. Better players prefer the shots of AIQ I think, though for someone of my skill the shots on BM66 are fine. Pinball is so subjective though, it's really hard to give good advice on what machine to get.

1 year later
#18629 1 year ago
Quoted from rfisherj:

Looking for a Stern Star Trek Pro and a Data East Star Wars.

Update: it looks like it sold already, sorry if this became an inappropriate for sale ad. I'll donate to pinside based on the price sold.

Have an old Star Trek Pro that is in good shape that I'm putting up for sale (will donate to pinside if this post results in a sale, I'm going to put an ad up shortly). Looking to get $3900 for it. Also thinking of selling the BM66 too

10 months later
#20252 4 months ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Remember when you could sell games? lol
A guy steps away from the market for a couple months and comes back to this? Afraid to buy anything right meow...

This is bad news for the Wisconsin used Pin market. You're a great pin seller -- super reasonable prices.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iloveplywood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread?tu=iloveplywood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.