1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 11 years ago

I, too, will be at the MGC. Trying to decide what I will all be bringing. The definites are a couple things for tournaments (Orbitor 1, others TBA). I'm thinking of bringing a MC for fun too, and maybe tossing it in Clock Chaos too.

It's looking like a great year. I can't believe how busy I've been getting everything together this year! If anyone has a game that they feel is in great shape that you might be interested in loaning to the tournament (or Clock Chaos), please shoot me a PM. We're looking for a couple extra games.

If we're talking about our most recent pickups, I have found a way to get about 12 machines in the last three months. There is a good chance that I will have some space open in my basement later this year Of course, it will already have been overfilled twice over. I need a new house

#43 11 years ago

Oh, and a couple other things... MGC Machine Registration should open within the next 48 hours, we're trying to finish up some stuff related to it and how we are handling the after party, which I hope is figured out soon.

Tom's Tour, which a number of people have asked me about, will probably happen on the Friday before, however he is in a different job where he might not be able to be there for it. He thinks that he will, but watch around early Feb to get that confirmed.

#45 11 years ago

Rusty, which PS3 game did I mention? Sorry, I have had SO many conversations about this thing already that everything is blurring together. I've been up past midnight each day this last week working on it, which has not been so hot for my health

I can say this - we haven't yet officially announced this, but we are going to essentially double the size of the museum this year, so there is a better chance you'll see some cool stuff.

Oh, and everyone, *please* remember "Like" us on Facebook and tell your friends. We've found that is a great way to keep people informed, and we've already committed so many more resources to the show this year (our budget is something like 140% of what it was last year) that I'm a little nervous about it. Any help you can do spreading the word, we'd really appreciate!

#47 11 years ago

It will be done, whether it is on PS3s or 360s is the question right now, but it will definitely be there. I bought a bunch of HDTVs for it

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Dan. Glad to hear Tom's is back on. Anyone who hasn't gone its one incredible collection of EM's. Worth the price of admission and make sure your there start to finish because you will need all the time Dan sets up for us.

It's not 100% yet, and I want no credit for it - it's all Tom. And to be fair, all the time that you have might, if you are lucky, get you to play 1/5th of what he has.

#100 11 years ago

I was floored when I was talking with someone at my work and told him that I collected pinball machines, and he started telling me about how I should go to the MGC! Made my day

#108 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You really should go. Especially if you haven't been there before.

Pinball part keeps getting better and the gamers add a level of excitement to the show you have to see to believe.

It takes a lot to actually make me laugh at something on the internet.

Thanks Lloyd

#150 11 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Tony, I swear you can hand the girl behind the counter your beer when you check in and she won't say a word. We walk around with beer all day and no one has ever said anything to us.

It's Milwaukee.

For the longest time, people would joke about how in 2006, the hotel set up a full mobile bar at 10am on the show floor.

At the same time, two important things to remember - first, we're a family show, so if you're tipping over it's something that we will deal with, be responsible, and secondly, there is a lot of expensive equipment around, so be responsible. If you can do that, basically, no problem.

Quoted from MnHotRod:

MGC Tournement: What's up with the pinball tournament at MGC? Should I be signing up for this? What is everybody esle doing?

Sign ups for not Clock Chaos will start soon, but you don't actually pay into that before you get there. Clock Chaos is a unique Friday Night thing that we do, where you get one shot to play a number of games (usually between 5-10) and that gives you a ranking. The top 13 people get one more shot at playing one single game to try to move up, and then the scores are declared final. I think it's a fun way to get started in tournaments if you don't want to spend much. I would suggest signing up for this one ASAP if you are interested, as once we fill up on spots, we fill up on spots, and the last couple years it has sold out.

Also, we are expecting to announce other fun things you can sign up for hopefully on Sunday or Monday once our shirt-voting is done. If you haven't voted yet, find the thread on here and head to our Facebook page to make your choices! Voting closes Sunday!

#155 11 years ago

I have a similar game to that Wisconsin. The manually roll thing is a modification because plungers in certain places, including Wisconsin I believe, used to be illegal.

#170 11 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

The Milwaukee Zoo is a must if you bring the kids. It's only like 15 minutes away.

Even closer than that, actually - it's literally the next stop on the freeway after the Sheraton if you're coming from the West. And yeah, it's pretty darn good

#180 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would love to spend a long Saturday and get a few things pinball related done.

I love this stuff! Heart says I'm in, MGC and 2 year old say "maybe in the summer though."

And if it makes you feel any better, I think that I'm currently sitting at... let's see here... about 15-20 projects, mostly staged and ready to go. I'm hoping to haul a couple out during the summer and actually get them fixed up! As you are well aware, I need a basement that actually fits a few more of these...

Then again, the perfect Pinbot on the other side of my basement that just needs adjustment (and has for over two years now!) tells me that I don't even have time to get simple stuff done... And, whenever I have had time lately, I've spent it playing Iron Man

#183 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Some of the most fun I have had in the past year was hanging out and working on your RFM pf swap Dan!

Me too!

But, in another example of I have no freakin' time, not just have I failed to send you those couple things that are here, I also have not put the last three or four parts on that playfield to complete the project. And, since I'm an idiot and left it out, I manage to crack part of the left ramp. YARG.

I'm actually *super* excited about "The Mystery Project That Shall Not Be Named Night" I'm starting to gear up for. There is a good chance I'm going to call that my birthday party this year

#220 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will also need to talk with Dan about logisitcs of making a smaller docock to ensure power for that many games.

Trust me when I tell you this - it ain't going to be anywhere near it for 20 machines. There are other ways to do it instead. Long story, but I'll tell you about it sometime

1 month later
#545 11 years ago

I want to be in, but realistically, 12 games of pinball is about 10 more than I'll actually play there.

#550 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Maybe this would motivate you to actually play 12...

Oh, I have the motivation, I just don't have the time...

1 week later
#624 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

the bar will be much less busy at 11am then the lobby will be.

Heh, actually... no, don't do that.

At 11am, Hyperkin is revealing the Retron 4 console at our speaking area, which is in the bar. If you search for Retron 4, you'll see just how much national attention this has had... Lobby would be MUCH less busy. Remember - we use every inch of the hotel, so everything is busy... which is both a good and a bad thing.

#634 11 years ago

Buncha replies... keep questions coming if you'd like, I'll try to keep checking when I have a moment here and there...

Quoted from Whysnow:

Dan, will the lobby be the least busy place? Can you suggest a good place for us all to easily and quickly meet up besides the lobby? I remembered last year that the lobby was complete chaos as people were still lined up all the way through the lobby in order to get into the show... maybe I am remembering wrong?

Lobby was / is mostly cleared out by 11am, as the "cash door" on the vendor side is where 99% of our non-pre-sale attendance comes in. We think / hope that our new ticketing method will make getting wristbands here take like 10 seconds. The lobby will have the table top gaming stuff in it, but there is part of it NOT set up with that stuff, so I would say that would work. Otherwise, honestly... I have no idea. It's going to all be busy since the hotel is cool with us using everything. Only other thought is gift shop

Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Dan how much neo geo stuff is normally there?

It totally varies year to year. Last year, I don't think there was any, the year before there was like five or six cabs and a couple people selling games / carts. I haven't heard of anything in particular yet, but I do know one of our video vendors asked me if I thought he should bring some of them, and I said that if they were priced right yes.

Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

Question for MGC vets: what is the preferred payment method for vendors at the show?

Should I plan on bringing a fat wad of cash? or are most vendors cool with CC payments?

I would say 50% can take credit card, but 100% can take cash. The wireless is a bit flakey at times, which means that cash always works, but credit may have issues.

Quoted from Guru-420:

Don't bet the ATM at the hotel will have any money in it...

Sadly, true. We get it fully stocked on Friday and restocked on Saturday, and it ran out of cash by noon on Sunday again last year.

#640 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

My interest was strictly aes not mvs. So likely not to be any of that there.

There has always been some of that stuff there, although to be totally honest with you since I don't carry it in my store nor collect it myself, I can't tell you exactly how much.

I just sold a friend an AES system with like 10 games last week...

#687 11 years ago

Anyone who is free this coming Wednesday night at 6:30pm and wants to help us load stuff out of the storage area and onto trucks, we'd love to have you! PM me and I'll get you details. It shouldn't take longer than a couple hours if we have enough people.

3 weeks later
#857 11 years ago
Quoted from sfish:

I prefer the games I have over Tommy but if I had unlimited space Tommy would still be here.

My Tommy is on loan to a friend of mine, and this is exactly how I feel about it. It's good in a big line up, but in a small one not so much. I can't get over the video mode being so stupid in a small collection.

1 week later
#893 10 years ago

Nothing for sale over here. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I'm about three away from being 'done' buying for a long time.

And before you all give me crap, yeah yeah, I always say that and then end up with like 10 more. I went through my 'want' and 'kinda want' lists, and I am one want game that I just need to pick up from a buddy, and four kinda want games away from having them both complete. Now I "want" a house that I can actually stick some of these in...

#928 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

WOW! W?D did not last long in your collection Josh...

I just sold mine this past week and miss it.

Wha? I thought yours was a definite keeper? What happened?

#945 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Goldeneye for sale. There's one you don't see often. Wish I could play one that was running good. Usually they run like ass. But I only used to see them at Super Auctions.

Can a Goldeneye play well? I kid, I kid! (I think?)

I always enjoyed seeing that the center magnet ball save would often put a wear spot right on Bond's junk. Beyond that, nothing else from this game sticks out to me.

2 weeks later
#1182 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

makes me envious that we do not have anything in Madtown or Milwookie.

Actually, I'd argue that Milwaukee is one of the better places to find pinball still. There are at least a handful of places with at least three games still, and many many locations with at least one. There are still three or four MMs on route earning cash too.

I haven't been to the mini golf place in Greenfield that usually has four or five yet this year, but it's usually great. Landmark Lanes by the Oriental last time I was there had 7, as I recall it was SWE1, BBH, IJ4, FGy, Freddy, Fun House and Harlem Globetrotters I think it was. All well maintained. Again, haven't been there in a long time, so I don't know the current situation. Darn OVERLY busy life. Hell, until TODAY I hadn't played any pinball since the MGC ended!

Quoted from centerflank:

There is one at a pub in New Berlin another pinsider posted once. I dont know any more info on it.

There are two ACDC Pros that I know of on route - one is at a pub in New Berlin, around 128th and Cleveland I think it is. I saw it there, didn't get a chance to play it. I forget the name of the pub but it's across the street from a gas station. The company that routes there had a beat up Family Guy there before it.

There is another ACDC Pro at Romine's on 27th street, but last time I was there the manager was a complete prick for no reason, so I wouldn't go back.

2 weeks later
#1351 10 years ago

I'd just like life to slow down enough so that I can do much of anything pinball related. I ended up in the ER with both my son and wife in different trips this weekend, and now I'm sick. My job has been kicking my butt, and I just can't wait for the next few weeks to be over so that I can hopefully find a little downtime again.

I really want to start messing with some of my new toys. SST repair in particular is calling my name... So is Cue Ball Wizard. And Space Shuttle. And Mystery Castle. And about 10 more. Hell, I still have a project I need to pick up sometime!

#1352 10 years ago

Double post!

#1353 10 years ago

Triple post!

#1373 10 years ago

So has Mike He's one of a few different people you can get one from if local.

And thanks for the kind words everyone, I am finally coming out from the fog that has been the last month and a half. I hope it continues!!

3 weeks later
#1511 10 years ago

What should I do for my next project...

So either smartly or stupidly, depending on how you look at it, I have acquired a bunch of projects. Nope, none of them are going anywhere, so don't make offers. I'm just curious on what people think that I should dive into second?

Second because I have a plan for which one I'm diving into first, which I'm actually about to go start on... you can guess which one that is if you'd like. I am hoping to clean up the basement / garage sometime soon and maybe invite some people over for a cook out / fixin' night. But then damn, I need a grill.. ah well, here are the options I'm considering:

Baywatch
Cue Ball Wizard
F-14
Firepower II
Mystery Castle
Night Rider
Pinbot
Pistol Poker
Space Shuttle
Starship Troopers
Strange Science

#1515 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I vote, SST, SS, pistolpoker. In that order.
I am guessing you are working on Mystery Castle first???

Actually, nope - you're original guess proved right! Since I've got Viper working to swap boards with, I figured it was a good place to start.

So far today, I figured out it was a bad driver board (not yet sure what is bad with it, but it doesn't work on Viper), and when I plug in Viper's power driver, SST fires up. I got some coils today too, so I'd say a successful day so far...

I really don't know what is next, but Firepower II is probably the smallest project of the bunch... maybe it'll happen! Any other ideas?

#1525 10 years ago

Where is said Iron Man?

#1532 10 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

I think it was Red's but I threw my notes away, I would have to call the picture up on my phone.

Michelle Novelty both has an Iron Man and routes Landmark, so I would bet it would be them. And really guys, Reds is a good routing company. I like very the fact we've still got multiple MMs out there to play! And if they didn't take care of their games, they wouldn't function anymore so they are doing something right.

#1533 10 years ago

Damn auto correct on my phone... Mitchell Novelty.

#1552 10 years ago

Silly site... see below.

#1553 10 years ago

Late notice, but if you're free on Friday and want to drop by I'm going to be (or at least hoping to be) working on a couple projects. Thinking start time of about 7pm, I have my 3 year old right now (wife is out of town) so he goes to bed around 8:30pm, but we'll do pizza before that. After that, hoping to tackle a couple projects...

Starship Troopers, Space Shuttle and Pinbot is the plan, Space Shuttle has little hope of getting anywhere, the other two might be playable before the night is over! And maybe my Fleet Jr. too, I'd love to get help figuring THAT out. One coil, and it baffles me. Yeesh. Starship Troopers I got to boot after 30 minutes, that thing makes me feel stupid... anyway...

I'll have about 12 other machines (mostly pins, some vids) available for play too. PM me for address if you'd like!

#1664 10 years ago
Quoted from precisionk:

So any P2k owners here? Have always wanted to own a machine, played it a few times on location and definitely a good time. Curious as to how repetitive it can get. Any opinions?

If you feel like one pin gets repetitive, you'll feel like both of the PB2K games get repetitive. If you tend not to cycle through one pin much, you'll be just fine with them.

I don't mind the fact that they really are lots of middle shots. Some do. Mine won't go anywhere, but I do tend to run hot and cold on them. I don't think I've had mine powered up in four months... Might have to change that, but then I usually play it 50 times a day for a while...

2 weeks later
#1870 10 years ago

Odd, I've had the same experience with CFTBL. First impressions were not good. I've since been convinced to play it more, and I really like it. Fast and mean...

1 week later
#1905 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I think it's due to the design team under John T. - I felt the same way on Whitewater and Judge Dredd - both games I was surprised that they were rated so high after my first initial plays - I felt as if they game play was not very interesting and it simply was a boring experience. However - each game has since lured me back and I own both. Looking forward to what John can do now that he is with Stern.

Whitewater wasn't a Trudeau game (Nordman), but come to think of it I totally agree with you. My first game of JD was at Pinball Expo around probably 2000ish, and I was super excited to play it based on what I had heard about it. Played it and thought it was really stupid.

I kept hearing all these wonderful things about it, and I was offered one working pretty cheap so I thought I'd try it out. I've owned it for 10+ years now, and it won't be going anywhere...

2 months later
#2586 10 years ago

Sadly, thanks to post kidney stone surgery meds, I won't be making it to Expo. Being dizzy all the time and super tired from these meds doesn't seem like the best idea for driving myself down and back in a night

#2588 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm really sorry to hear that Dan.
Hope you are feeling better soon !
LTG : )

I think that once I get off the darn post-kidney stone medicine, I'll be feeling a lot better and will actually come out rather better for everything. It basically made me cold turkey quit soda and junk food, and I've found myself not craving those things at all since then, so that could be a positive thing for my overall health. I also dropped 15 pounds since Monday of last week, although sadly 75% of that is probably muscle Big part of why I've been so tired.

3 weeks later
#2805 10 years ago
Quoted from Mokashi:

So, I saw the sad news that Rusty Quarters is selling all their games this Saturday.

I can't say I know much about the business, but someone pointed the ad out to me and I thought it was a little funny - it says that the sale starts at 1pm and lists prices, and then it also says that if two people want one game it will be bid on.

So it's a reserve auction, not a "sale".

Goofy.

#2846 10 years ago
Quoted from Mokashi:

Is it really MGC time soon, awesome! Same hotel? It was a bit crowded last year, yet so much fun.

With any luck, within a week or less a lot of these questions will be answered. Gary and I have been absolutely busting our butts to update things. My personal stuff that was holding me back from committing any time may have taken a MAJOR change today for the positive, which would be h-u-g-e for my sanity and getting me on track more. My life couldn't have sucked more than it did the last month or so.

A TON of details are getting shored up, and we're looking quite good Be ready to start reserving your rooms soon!

2 weeks later
#2958 10 years ago

So.... Totally off topic, but...

Anyone want a Samsung UN50F5500 50" Smart TV? Sam's Club had a "pre-black Friday VIP" sale tonight, and I thought that it was the right size. I brought it home and my wife freaked out because she thinks it's too big for the room. (If I have to be honest, I *sort* of agree, so I figure I'll earn some brownie points and return it and get a slightly nicer 40" anyway...)

If anyone would like it before I return it, cost was $701 and some change. Not looking to profit, just figured if I stood outside in the freezing ass cold for 30 minutes to get it, it would be nice to not just straight up return it to the store.

2 weeks later
#3213 10 years ago

From just reading this, for the guy asking if the pins would be okay outside - I sort of permanently have a pair that are outside because we use them at the MGC and they are nearly impossible to get up and down stairs, which is how our storage areas and basements are. This has been done now for years. Other than some tweaking before the show which I do on anything I'm taking anyway, they have no more issues than any other games that I own.

2 weeks later
#3351 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You know how people keep writing the previous year after the New Year on their checks and what not ? Well I took it to an extreme.
It was three years ago today with the Spooky Podcast, etc. etc.
So since I was wrong. And this should have been last year. No free WOZ today. Sorry.
Disclaimer : So we celebrate three years instead. Free WOZ Today !

Dang, here I am missing it by a day.

(Yeah, seriously. I *think* I'll be by either tomorrow night or Saturday night )

#3391 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'll try and make it.
Dan Loosen stopped by last night. Talked about a lot of the goings on with the Midwest Gaming Classic. People going are in for a real treat this year ! It definitely keeps getting better and better.

It was a blast, thanks.

I have no idea why I kept plugging coin into Police Force, as it was probably the silliest game there to play especially with so much more fun stuff there. Probably had to do with getting to chat with you while I played it. Nice way to ride out a snowstorm in Minnesota before heading back to the hotel.

Home again, missed the crazy cold weather by just a little out on the road, holed up inside now...

2 weeks later
#3542 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I encourage anyone interested to attend! This is a VERY unique opportunity to be able to visit likely the largest single collection of games in WI!!!!!

If you can't make it then, Tom is a very cool guy and opens up his place for 100 people the day before the MGC for five hours. You just make a donation to the Milwaukee Rescue Mission, and you're good to go.

For the MGC, I've been working every night lately meeting with people and fun stuff like that (the bigger the show gets, the more fun hoops to jump through to make everything is organized right), but with any luck tomorrow during the day we'll be doing a MAJOR site update. A few things of note:

1) If you want to go to Tom's, it hasn't been overly publicized lately, but it is available to do so. It's Friday from 3-8pm. Last year, when we officially announced it, we sold more than 70% of the tickets to it in the next 24 hours.

2) Clock Chaos hasn't been overly publicized yet too, and it has the same thing. It generally sells out a month before the show, lots of slots are currently open.

3) Unlike the top two, if you want to stay the hotel, they are already getting close to capacity. In fact, we sold out more than 25% of the hotel in the 48 hours following the official show announcement. So please, take us up on that.

4) Hilton, your count must have been off last year. We hosted more than 275 arcade machines, with over 200 of those being pins I believe. We have room and power for far more than that this year.

5) For the after party, just to put this out there, there seems to be a belief due to a certain group of people who snuck into the after party last year that security is lax and you can just waltz in. This is NOT the case, and I would highly suggest against trying. The group that did this last year we are well aware of, and they have been informed that they are no longer welcome at any part of the Midwest Gaming Classic, and if we see them there we will have them removed. The After Party is a unique thing for game bringers only, and we will do everything we can to keep it that way. That having been said, the way to get in is to either bring a machine, or to talk with someone who brings multiple machines as they receive one wristband per machine brought. Otherwise, bring a game the following year, and enjoy some of the other activities that we have going on around the hotel Saturday night.

6) Lloyd's story was generally right, but I'll point out that I have an equal partner by the name of Gary who runs the show with me. Most of the people who attend the show recognize me because the very real joke is that Gary makes the money and I spend it - he does ticketing, vendor hall sales, and things like that while I coordinate the hall content, including pinball, so a lot more people see me then him, but without him, we would have gone bankrupt years ago

Long post, hope it has some useful info! With any luck, we'll have a bunch more up on the site tomorrow!

1 month later
#3946 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Mine has full mylar and I'd like to pull it but have heard horror stories on this era of all the paint pealing so I will likely leave it as it.

Those stories are true. I ruined my Space Station doing just that, although it was necessary on that particular game (the mylar was so cracked in places it would STOP the ball).

My Rollergames will be with the Roller Derby Gals at the MGC. And no, I'm not kidding

#3951 10 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

For people who have already purchased their MGC tickets, is there a preferred line to enter? I remember waiting a bit outside last year, but maybe that's unavoidable.

You can get your wristbands Friday night like last year, details on that will be revealed in the not too disntant future.

As for Saturday, we're hoping to find a way to make it really quick. We're still working with exactly how the new temporary structure will work, but we will of course explain whatever we figure out on the site in the next week or two.

#3967 10 years ago

Unless I've totally missed something, they are talking about actual vitamins. And whoopie pies

#3979 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

advice > sign up for clock chaos NOW if you are coming on Friday and want some fun competition. Likely only a few spots remain. Also, sign up for Tom Taylor's tour (if not already sold out?)

10 Chaos spots remain. Tom's is SOLD OUT.

2 months later
#4701 9 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Where you headed?
I grew up on 82nd & Greenfield, then 32nd and Oklahoma. Plus I went to UW-Milwaukee - so figure my Milwaukee "street cred" card is in good standing.

Whoa, when was this? 82nd and Greenfield was about 6 blocks from me on 81st and Lincoln.

#4718 9 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Back in the late 70's. Our house was right by the factory that was on the corner. I was just back in that neighborhood and it changed alot. The houses seem so much smaller now.
Back then, that factor ran 3 shifts so we would hear insane noises of metal works at 2AM in the morning. I can't imagine that ever happening nowadays.
81st and Lincoln...wasn't there a Boy Blue ice cream joint only a few blocks from there?

That's not so far off. I started living there in the early 80s when I was born.

That Boy Blue still exists. My son picked up an ice cream there with my parents just the other day!

I'm not too far away myself now. It's still a pretty nice neighborhood. Where did you go to school? I went to Franklin, which might have been the same for you?

2 months later
#5191 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If the price is right, I would like to try out a Space Jam.

I'm not so sure that you do.

#5199 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yeah, I woudl rather try out a SST or Baywatch but keep missing the decent priced ones and other ones are crazy overpriced. Talked to a guy wanting 2k for his faded beat up Baywatch... WTH???

If you want to offer me $2k for my faded beat up Baywatch, I'd probably entertain that.

I can generally find something awesome in every pinball machine, and I can't find anything awesome about Space Jam. Add to that Stern redid it as the insanely better NBA.

I think that if you're going for weird, under-loved games, and you want something with Space in it, look for a Space Station. It's a strange, strange layout and it has some neat effects. It's a really crappy game if you're keeping score though, but a great game for playing with buddies that are better / worse than you. Lots of random crap, but way more fun to me than games that have just a few random crap things.

#5205 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

The Sling placement on SS is what gets me. It makes it very hard to trap balls. Most shots you have to make on the fly.

That's what I meant by it's unique layout. You either have to make shots on the fly or learn how to drop catch. I actually really like it for that, it is a game that really forces you to become a better player.

Having said that, the ruleset itself is so random that it's not the greatest if you're looking for score. It's a game that with very little changes could really be awesome, I hope someday someone decides to update the ROM. I could give them some ideas

#5206 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

No thanks. I was laughing at the guy on clist the other day asking 2k for his and all he coudl tell me is "it works most of the time" and he has "8 other people already in the list". I told him 1400 and I wudl come get it.
I am thinking Baywatch needs to be in the 1400-1660 (and pretty clean) to be fair.

If you're willing to pay $1400 for that, I think you're way overpaying, but hey, that's me - the guy that owns the games and talks down the prices.

I paid considerably less than that for mine and it was fully functional. Cab is in crap shape, but I oddly like that with cabinets (it gives 'em character, durn it) so it doesn't bother me at all. From the little I just heard, unless the DMD is new or mint, that's a $1000ish game.

#5214 9 years ago
Quoted from jpolfer:

Or maybe I just hate spinning discs. They seem to be my nemesis in games.

Heh, and I like overly nasty stupid stuff. I didn't realize that if you held the ball for a long time it would shut off, but it seems like a great little thing to me - introduces some great randomness to the machine, but controllable randomness if you can play around it.

1 week later
#5269 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Yeah. I find it funny that some video games are $2,3,4 a game yet someone will complain that a pinball machine is 75 cents to $1 a play.

The problem that I think that location pinball has is that unlike video arcades, where the difference between, say, Ms. Pac-Man and Terminator Salvation is pretty major, pinball has been essentially the same since the DMD was introduced. When PB2K came out, it should have been priced out of the box at $1 / play or more. We should be paying $2 / play or more for a game in the wild today.

#5306 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Yeah, an example of a true quality machine is the ability to last hundreds of hours without repair. I have one Stern machine now so I don't have much to base this on, but I've had a Williams and Gottlieb 'on route' for a while...not many difficulties...

From just about all ops, I have heard that Stern games hold up better out of the box now than any bally, data East, or Sega games did. Gottlieb games held up great, but didn't really earn. You can't really compare two games that are 15 years old and hopefully bullet proofed to that.

Have said that, one-armed Wolverine sucks

#5312 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Well Stern is Sega, so I would expect them to be similar.

Except that as manufacturers age, they change and improve stuff. The last Sega pin was built about 15 years ago now. I would hope that Stern has changed some stuff since then. To that same point, DE machines were much more prone to breakage than Sega machines were, yet they were also the same company, more or less.

6 months later
#6607 9 years ago
Quoted from policano:

Cue Ball Wizard added to the lineup at East Side Pinball.

Stop talkin' and get chalkin'!

6 months later
#7645 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

room is booked for mgc!

I should probably get a room...

If anyone notices anything weird with the web site, or has any opinions on it, Gary and I spent a LOT of time with it stripping it down to what really matters and trying to make it far more friendly, I'd love to hear them. It was a TON of work...

Oh, and we did the majority of it sitting at Binary that someone else mentioned earlier in the thread. Not so much playing pinball though.

#7655 8 years ago

Ticket prices are slightly more experience expensive. We did a lot of looking and found out that we were priced pretty low compared to almost all comparable shows. The thought is either to hold down attendance a bit and make the shoe slightly less risky to hold, or hopefully give us money to potentially move if we need to with. We're also growing again (because that's what we do) and getting a significantly larger tent, again.

For the bands, we've heard about 90 percent positive comments versus 10 percent negative. While it wasn't perfect last year, we are addressing it, and we think we have a plan that should make people who didn't like it as much happier with it

#7658 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I was a vendor last year and had to start using hand signals to talk with people over prices. We pay a lot to be a vendor and i'm sure the you'd find 90% of the vendors against the band and 10% for it.

We talked to multiple different vendors actually and got similar rates of like to dislike.

Again, wait until the info gets out for vendors. I think we found a solution that will make everyone happy. And, to he completely fair, our vendor rates are significantly cheaper than almost any similar sized event that we've ever seen. We try to keep things as reasonable as possible so if there is something that doesn't go perfectly, it's still a great deal.

#7659 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I need to grab my tickets this week. Is there now an option for people bringing games to purchase Tom Taylor tickets without buying the tickets that won't be needed?

I know we talked about it, but I honestly don't know if we did it. I'll try to get back to you on here once I figure it out.

#7667 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if u can figure out a way to minimize the sound level. I think it would be a win for everyone.

That's part of the plan

#7685 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Dan,
I'm cleaning up some stuff in the house. You want a 27" tube TV for the gaming section?
I just need to plug it in again and make sure it works.
Otherwise it's going to the curb.

No, but thanks for the thoughts. I have tube TVs coming out of my ears right now.

#7722 8 years ago

Long post incoming...

Quoted from lordloss:

I got the email this morning. Your plan was to use a sound tech to keep volume consistent and charge more to be away from the band.
You keep saying you charge less than other venues, so its ok to have problems. With each of these upcharges, at what price point will you match other venues? At that point will you listen to the vendors?

Dude, every year you have problems that you take public and complain about. No one else does. If we are so bad at listening to vendors, why do you come?

We have had vendors for years asking to be closer to the door so they get the chance to sell to people multiple times. By moving the vendor hall into three zones, we can provide that. This allowed us also to keep vendor prices cheap - they are CHEAPER this year if you are closer to the stage. They are not much more expensive to be in the middle. They ARE more expensive to be near the front, correct. We have had people offer us more money to get those spots in the past and we have always said no because we don't sell specific spots. We still don't want to sell specific spots, but this gives you the choice.

The sound tech allows us to keep all volume at the same point, and we control the sound tech. One of the problems last year was that one band - and it really was just one band - cranked up everything really loud and we didn't have direct control of turning it down. By us having that control, it allows us to keep everything at a more reasonable volume. The only thing we can't control is how hard someone is hitting their drums.

Quoted from lordloss:

The bands last year got progressively worse as the day went on. If there was a compromise of some sort, maybe only have the band after 3 on Sat. By that time, the sales had slowed and the crowd thinned.

I don't know exactly what Gary sent out as he sent it, but that is actually one of the things that is changing. Now, interestingly you made two separate points here...

The first is that you said that they got progressively worse. I'd actually argue there was one band that we know of who did play really loud. The bands after that were at a more regular volume again, but as one of the guys running MGC Music said, it was like a tipping point for people.

As for your thing above, the plan is to change things up throughout the day on the stage so it isn't straight bands. Your suggestion of having bands start at 3pm is interesting, as last year only two bands played before 3pm and absolutely no one complained about them or their volume (the loud band was at 5pm, which was when the complaints started). I spoke personally with a number of vendors at about 2:45pm and they all told me that they were a great draw to keep people in the tent and they were happy with it. Some of them changed their opinion after the 5pm band. It was a situation that we couldn't change because we didn't have direct amp control. By having a sound tech in charge of the sound, we do have control of that so it is far easier to turn people down.

The second thing is the plan is to spread them out. So, if on Saturday the bands are at 1, 3, 5 and 6 for instance, then that nearly takes care of your complaint there - and that is more or less the plan already. If we had the Metroid band at 1pm again (the same one as last year) that gathered a huge crowd, I can't see many people having a problem with that.

In between those times, we'll be doing other activities there such at tournaments. We did this on Sunday and it attracted more than 100 people to some of the events being held there. The reason MGC Music exists, in part, was because vendors were complaining that they wanted to be around an event that would keep people walking past their stuff throughout the day. That was one of the huge complaints with the hall two years ago, other than the water issues we did our best to take care of this past year and I think we did pretty good with, was that by having the vendor hall "as a dead end with nothing beyond it", people would leave and "not come back."

We listened to those complaints and tried to come up with a solution, and that was the MGC Music stage where we decided to experiment by doing music on one day and other events on the other. It didn't work out perfectly. We've recognized that, we came up with a number of ways to try to fix that.

For every vendor that complained that it was loud, we had more who told us we did a great job by giving people a reason to walk back through the tent over and over. It is impossible to listen to your complaint and get rid of the bands, and still listen to the positive feelings of the other vendors who said they really appreciated what we were doing. If that isn't good enough for you, like I've always said, I understand if people opt not to come for whatever reason. There is simply no way to make everyone happy. The changes we are doing we think will get it a lot closer. Clearly, you don't think so. If you think you're going to have a bad time, just don't come. I don't hold it against you, and it's the strongest statement that you can make about how you feel about it.

I would hope you give it another shot and see just how much the changes do, but the public complaints about a show that you are attending and vending at to me isn't the way to get stuff done the best. You can always PM me and I can walk you through the stuff. I can't promise that we're always going to change it to be exactly what you want, but I can explain the thinking. If it isn't good enough, I encourage you to not attend. But doing it in such a public way makes it much harder to carry a real dialog about anything on, as when you post four things publicly about how bad we are before I have a chance to reply, it sure seems like you're cementing in the "bad" before I can do anything.

#7723 8 years ago
Quoted from Silvercoin:

The open comedy segment on Sat night was full of family un-friendly material.

That was a mistake and won't happen again. Long story, but I'll just say what we got was not what we were told we were getting and by the time that people realized to shut it down, the majority of it had already happened.

#7725 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

You only have control of the monitors and the mics that are in front of the amps.

Luckily, we also have control of the power.

Look, I love that a bunch of people have ideas about this, but I'd much rather talk about them in a one on one situation (pm, phone or whatever) because we've actually probably already thought through what others have said, and have a plan. I know that because we're so accessible for ideas, a lot of people just like tossing them out and I do appreciate it, but I would rather be able to explain to people one on one our thinking and also not miss anything. If I'm late to reply to stuff on a message board, suddenly a bunch of people can think we're not listening, when in reality that has nothing to do with it. Also, sometimes outside circumstances dictate what we do, so talking one on one allows me to fill people in on all the circumstances that I don't necessarily want to do to due to length or whatever on a message board. Like the location question that seems to always come up...

Having said that, I need to talk with you about other stuff so I suppose you should be ready for a phone call sometime soon

1 week later
#7758 8 years ago

I'm reminded of this because of a post in another thread...

If you want to go to Tom's Open House this year (300+ playable pinball machines, 100 people, 5 hours, Friday!) tickets are selling pretty quickly for that. I would expect it to sell out within the next month or so. If you are bringing a game and want to go, contact me directly and I can get you a way to do that

#7763 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Plus, i'm working on getting a bigger house (for past 3 years).

I keep telling myself the same thing... I've stopped telling others though, because it's annoying just how much that hasn't worked so far...

#7771 8 years ago

Just a quick FYI, in another thread Clay announced that Tom would not be hosting his open house at MGC. Just to clear up any confusion, neither I nor Tom Taylor have any idea what he is talking about or how he misheard what is going on. Tom Taylor is fully planning to open his collection, currently 240 machines, to 100 people at the Midwest Gaming Classic on Friday, April 8th, 2016. I apologize for any confusion that Clay may have caused.

#7775 8 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

wow.. just wow...

Wow that he is opening it, wow that Clay thought that he wasn't, or wow "bonus thing to do at MGC!" wow?

#7778 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Is def a great collection and worth checking out at MGC. As Dan has said. Order early to avoid disappointment.

A pic and description:

http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/tomtaylor/

Based on how tickets are selling, I would be surprised if we have tickets for Tom's or VIG by the time the calendar turns to 2016.

#7784 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I don't want to miss TT's. Is it best to just buy a show ticket to be given the option to donate to Tom's event?

I'll take care of you. Hoping to have link tonight

1 week later
#7830 8 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

It's just like any other game , meaning some people will like it and some won't . I have one and I like it .

It seems to be more of an all or nothing game than others though.

I'm in the hate it club. Probably my least favorite DMD era machine, and yes - I mean I'd play X-Files (*shudder*) before it.

#7853 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Xfiles? How dare you. FT > Xfiles. FT I can stand playing. Xfiles is torture to have to play all 3 balls. Same can be said for SF2. Horrible DMD's.

I can't stand Fish Tales. I seriously walk away after a ball or two. I forced myself to play one a while ago, and I played three games on it and I just couldn't stand it. Have really tried to give it a fair shake.

X-Files is horrible, but I can get through it a bit more.

SF2 I actually own one of those, so...

Never said I was normal.

1 week later
#7870 8 years ago

In case you haven't already got them...

MGC - Low ticket and room alert!

The Brookfield Sheraton reports that their rooms are already more than half booked for the weekend, with some options already sold out. If you want to stay at the hotel, make sure to reserve your room now!

Additionally, tickets are selling quickly for Tom's Open House and the Friday Night VIG Pre-Party! While a decent amount of tickets remain now, at the current rate both will be sold out before the new year! (Note: Friday Night VIG is NOT included with the rewards for bringing a machine! We don't have enough space for it!)

1 week later
#7968 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I tried in two different browsers and says server is down. I'll try it later and if still a problem I'll email Tim.

Totally different, but similar - can everyone try going to midwestgamingclassic.com on your phone and seeing if it works? I'm constantly paranoid about it being down because on my phone (Android, HTC One M8) and almost always I get "This webpage is not available, ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE". In fact, I am right now. When Gary goes, or seemingly anyone else, they get there.

This, well, and the GOAT Store, which I also run - goatstore.com - are the ONLY web sites that I seem to be able to not get to on a regular basis on my phone. Same error, every time. Started about a month ago for me, shortly after I got this phone from my last (but not immediately).

If you can't get to them, if you can tell me what you're running, maybe we can get to the bottom of it. I want to be able to see it myself!! ARGH!

1 week later
#8035 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I only played Tony's...and I don't remember it being that bad but I like Waterworld :/ I'd easily pay 600 for a sf2!

I argue that SF2 is perfect *for what it is*. Gottlieb took the video game and made a pinball machine JUST like it. Which makes it play *completely* differently than basically any other pinball machine as it is the most stop-and-go machine perhaps ever. You shoot the ball, it goes in a hole, the DMD plays something, you get to pick your next move from two on the DMD, rinse... repeat. The choices mean a lot to your game, and the shots that aren't what you are supposed to shoot (which there is only two lit at a time) are practically worthless.

I will actually defend SF2, but you MUST have it in a line up of like 10 different games. When I've had mine set up in a big row, I end up playing it sometimes because it is so strategically different. If I JUST have it set up though, I don't bother turning it on...

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

don't tell Dan. VND is his favorite game. It's not bad if you can hear it and you play it with the rules set a certain way.

Hey now, VND isn't my favorite game, IM is, but VND is close. The key with VND is exactly what Neo said - you need to both have it set up right and have someone explain to you what is going on. I had one at an arcade I managed years ago and I hated it so much that I would leave the arcade to play other machines in town when I closed instead of playing it for free. I saw a seller at the MGC with one a number of years later, and I jokingly apologized for him being cursed with one. He said matter of factly that I must have played one that I didn't understand, and told me to give his a chance. I didn't get to that year, but I did at an auction a little later, and holy hell - VND is the FASTEST game ever made (the Glo-Balls are the same weight as PowerBalls), and the ruleset on it is surprisingly deep with lots of different strategies to get somewhere in the game. VND is even worse because on default settings, the machine gimps it's own coil strength for the PowerBalls and it gives out multiballs like candy. Fix those two issues, and it's amazing.

Having said that, if you don't like mean speed games - pretty much, all the games I love - that, IM, Metallica Pro, BSD, etc - it isn't going to do a thing for you. And heck, I make fun of my love of it a lot myself

Quoted from Pinder:

Come on, X-files isn't that bad!

Oh yes, yes it is. X-Files is about the only game that I cannot bring myself to play through a single game.

#8055 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

at least 7400 plays. Which really doesn't take that much. Add more for matches and free games won.

Wait there...

7400 plays, but then you split with the location, usual is 50 / 50, so that means 14,800 plays. That's assuming no breakdowns and the game never gets serviced.

From what I know of multiple ops that I talk with - I'm always curious about earnings - *in general*, the best route pins make somewhere between $300-$450 / month. Let's say that since this is an LE and a higher cost, it gets double that...

At $600 / month, it would be just over two years for it to break even. At $900, it would be a year and five months.

Add in breakdowns and regular maintenance, and you're out two to three years easy, and that's ONLY considering if it continues to earn at a high rate for all of that time, which is pretty unlikely.

Operating pinball is hard.

#8059 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Now, you usually can get around half of what you paid back when you pull it off route. or if you find a sucker, 70% of what you paid. (or if it was routed gently and held up like new)

This, I argue, is actually one of the huge keys to "modern day" routing. If you get a good title, like let's say Metallica for instance, you could probably route it and sell it two years after purchase for not a huge difference between what you paid and what you can sell it for.

Modern routing should include the resale value of the machine in the equation. If you can earn $100 / month on a machine after costs for collections and everything else, you've got a machine that will probably get you back minimally $1000 in additional resale value at the end if you choose to resell.

#8077 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I want that HS2, but such a far drive.

I hear you'll both be at this show in like four months, if that isn't too long to wait...

1 month later
#8225 8 years ago

FYI - If you want to visit Tom's Open House on the Friday before the MGC, less than a dozen tickets currently remain. At current rates, we expect a sell out within the next 48 hours. His place will be open from noon until 5pm, and has more than 300 pinball machines, including every Gottlieb Wedgehead ever made, as well as a bunch of cool EM arcade machines, some video arcades, and lots of other cool stuff. On top of that, 100% of admission prices go to charity!

If you are bringing a machine, please contact me and I can send you the link to get the ticket without getting a two-day ticket. Please PM me ASAP if you want to do that!

#8227 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I really wish I could go to Tom's!
always busy setting up and tweaking stuff for clock chaos so no Tom's for me again

If you'd like to get there, I can find you help

1 year later
#10224 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Wow, 19 pins is your *personal* collection? I have 1...

Watch out, they multiply like rabbits.

1 year later
#11876 5 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

They have a Viza War
[quoted image]

Just saw this... that was totally my Viza War that I sold recently. Gameplay SUCKS, but hey, you can put a beer on it.

2 months later
#12056 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The last 2 times we went were for birthday parties, with the most recent in the middle of December, so I'm sure the lineup that I played was similar to what you played. There were a couple machines down, I couldn't remember which.

I can tell you from real world experience that keeping the amount of games that Geeks has up and running with the amount of people that filter through there is an extremely difficult task. I help with some pin upkeep now, and the amount of time spend repairing machines in a week to keep them operating properly when they are played is staggering. Geeks tends to have more of a diverse line up, and they have machines that are much older and harder to get parts for when something random fails. The games that I maintain are all much newer and more common, and yet we still have weeks at a time where something goes down.

Not saying you have to love Geeks (I do but I like everything else they do and know Kyle personally... heck, he called me to ask about one of his games that was having a weird issue earlier today!), but do understand that any location with machines that are in a state of near constant play will have those machines ultimately be in less great shape, no matter what we do to try to stay on top of them.

I also give places like Geeks a lot of credit for introducing so many people to the hobby as they do. It wasn't too long ago that having nearly any machines in a location was rare. Today, places like Geeks and the Garcade in Menomonee Falls have a ton of machines set up and are actively introducing them to the next generation. That's important if we want to see this hobby continue, probably more important than the barcade style locations for it's future.

#12057 5 years ago

...and TOTALLY SHIFTING GEARS!

If you haven't seen it, Midwest Gaming Classic is coming April 12, 13 and 14 to the Wisconsin Center! It's going to be a great time.

If you are a newer collector and want your mind blown, I'd suggest signing up for Tom Taylor's Open House. He has more than 300 machines set up and playable, including every Gottlieb Wedgehead, many 90s era DMD games, tons of EM arcade style games, puck bowlers, and lots of other goodies. It's almost exactly 350 machines, actually. He opens his collection to collect donations for the Milwaukee Rescue Mission once a year on the Friday of our show, and it's capped at right about 100 people. We're well over halfway sold out for those tickets, so you might want to think about it.

If you're a local collector, I'd also suggest you might want to bring a machine out to the MGC this year. I will have more details soon on rewards, and some are already up on the site. We made one heck of a gameroom last year.

Details at https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/

Photo from a small part of Tom Taylor's collection below

toms-open-house (resized).jpgtoms-open-house (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#12176 5 years ago

If anyone is looking for a new Stern machine, the MGC has a deal this year!

The Midwest Gaming Classic, in conjunction with Marco Specialties and Stern Pinball, Inc., is excited to offer special show pricing on new Stern Pinball Machines set up for play during MGC. This partnership allows you as the buyer a chance to own a machine fresh from the Stern factory at a reduced cost, in exchange for the game being set-up and on the game floor for the entirety of the show. In addition, the purchase of a game for demo at the show qualifies you for a free weekend admission to the MGC, as well as free admission to the popular MGC on-site after party Saturday, April 13th. Our goal is always to have as many new Stern pinball machines as possible set up for people to enjoy, and this partnership with Marco and Stern allows for a unique way to create a win-win for all involved. Specific terms and conditions are as follows:

Terms for Show-Game Purchases:

- Games must be ordered and paid for in advance of the Midwest Gaming Classic. Note: Games will NOT be available for purchase at or after the show at the discounted price.

- Don’t delay in ordering if you are interested, as some games are already limited in availability. Availability fluctuates daily.

- Games MUST be shipped directly to the Midwest Gaming Classic.

- All demo games are to be displayed and set to free play within the Marco Specialties booth throughout the duration of the show (until 5:00pm Sunday, April 14th).

- Games must be set up for play on Friday, April 12th. Buyers are welcome to set up their games, but if you can not be available for Friday, MGC and Marco reserve the right to set up the game on your behalf.

- Payment by credit card is available, but a 3% transaction fee will be added.

- At the conclusion of the Midwest Gaming Classic on Sunday April 14th (5:00pm), the buyer will be responsible for the removal of their pinball machine from the game hall and convention center.

- All machines will include the standard 60 Day Factory parts warranty.

- 3rd party game modifications are not allowed before or during the show (i.e. protectors, artwork, electrical, mechanical).

The following titles are currently available:

Munsters Pro
Munsters Premium
Deadpool Pro
Deadpool Premium
Iron Maiden Pro
Iron Maiden Premium
Guardians of the Galaxy Pro
Guardians of the Galaxy Premium
Star Wars Pro
Star Wars Premium
Batman 66' Premium
Ghostbusters Premium
Metallica Pro
Metallica Premium - Monsters
Star Trek Pro – Vault Edition
Star Trek Premium – Vault Edition
AC/DC Pro
AC/DC Premium – Luci Version
AC/DC Premium – Vault Edition

Please contact Aaron at [email protected] if you are interested. SERIOUS inquiries only.

1 month later
#12309 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I sold a Tommy for $5500 about 5 years ago. But it was flawless everywhere. looked like it just came out of the box, and was tweeked so it played like butter. Still the smoothest playing tommy i've ever experienced.

Yours doesn't count. I've never seen an unrestored game that looked as perfect as that one.

#12320 5 years ago
Quoted from WannabeWizard:

Hey everyone...I’m looking for a few games for my basement. Anything out there? TAF, TZ, T2, AC/DC, Aerosmith. I know I’m a outsider and don’t post much on Pinside. Just trying to get more involved in pinball and the community. Thanks

If you're coming to MGC, we have deals for ACDC I know

1 year later
#13715 4 years ago

MGC Update - Yes, we're canceled. It is what it is. See https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/2020-show-update/ for all updates. We fully anticipate being able to return in 2021.

A bunch of awesome pinball people were concerned about Tom's Open House and the yearly donation we make to the Milwaukee Rescue Mission. This is a concern. If you'd like to help us cover, here is what we are doing:

We have re-opened ordering for Tom Taylor's Open House at https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/attend/ As I hope would go without saying, DO NOT order anticipating going this year. You will not. In a bit, with a timeline we are working on, you will receive the following options:

Choice 1 - Ticket good for the same event in the future
Choice 2 - Please donate my money to the Milwaukee Rescue Mission
Choice 3 - Refund

As should also go without saying, if you plan to pick refund, please DO NOT order. If you plan to do either of the other options, that would be great.

We are hoping to reach our normal donation level for the year. If there is a shortfall next year, we hope to be able to cover it out of any show proceeds.

In the case that Tom's does not move forward for any reason next year, we would refund money and plan to cover the donation from any show proceeds.

Please share with anyone who might be interested in doing this. Would be great to get this to the appropriate level.

--- Unrelated, but related ---

A number of people have asked us about ordering tickets still to help the show. Again, so long as you DO NOT purchase anticipating the show this year or plan to get a refund, this would be great. Tickets are available on the site for both VIG and standard tickets. If you purchase VIG tickets, you will receive this year's swag bag in the mail. If you don't intend to hold that, please wait for merch sales to open sometime in the next week.

Again, to do this or buy Tom's tickets, see:

https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/attend/

Thanks!

1 year later
#16872 2 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I will contact Dave and see what the best way is. He will also be selling them at MGC.

Ha, and I just announced this on our Facebook page before stopping back here and seeing this! See more info there!

1 month later
#17115 2 years ago

Anyone looking for some extreme projects? Might be letting a few things go in the next couple weeks.

If anyone wants an ICE full sized basketball game, I've got one of those and don't want it now. It's too tall to put at any of my locations! PM me, I'll help you load. It's a bit of a project, but it's free and actually contains a new motor that was like $200ish, so... good deal?!

#17117 2 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Anyone looking for some extreme projects?

Didn't expect so much interest on this comment. Have replied to everyone, so people know, I'm talking generally much older games and needing things like a cabinet to be rebuilt, or I have no boards for this.

#17119 2 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

Take it from someone who knows, when Dan says extreme project, he MEANS extreme project...

Hah, truth. I'm still holding onto some of the other extreme projects I have hoping I can make them work.

Anyone have a bottom cabinet for a Pistol Poker?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread?tu=goatdan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.