1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frankj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Being on the pinball island that is north-central WI, I make my connections around the edges of the state and the Minneapolis area hence the title.

I feel for you. I spend many extended weekends a summer in the Fremont/Waupaca area. Each summer I search for a machine or two to play on the rainy days. Nothing.

SE Wisconsin doesn't have the numbers we had in the past, but at least we have some.

I will also be at MGC - bringing the Hayburners II I rescued from the scrap heap last year, plus another game or two, not sure which yet.

Frank

#85 11 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

I thought I saw a CL ad for it last night as well.

Yep, on CL-Janesville. He's asking $1250

janesville.craigslist.org link

#217 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

How many here want to do a SE WI pinball league?

Not really a league, but there is a group that gets together regularly in MKE. The Milwaukee Pinball Academy on Facebook tracks some pin locations and get togethers.

Frank

1 month later
#601 11 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I figured the vikings would pick up Woodson

I thought the Bears would pick up Woodson, since Cutler likes throwing to him so much.

#664 11 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Does anyone know of an AC\DC Prem near the Milw area that I could play?

There's an AC/DC at Lee's on Cleveland in New Berlin. Not sure of the version though.

Frank

3 weeks later
#817 11 years ago
Quoted from tmac:

So we hit 60 degrees finally on Saturday. Does your Pinball habit decline during the warmer months? I know I play less pinball. Reason I am doing outdoor events like Car Shows, Baseball etc...

Definitely. For me, pinball season is from Expo to MGC. I start heading "up nort'" this Thursday, and every weekend I can get away until the water gets hard again. Weeknights, it's time for the Brewers, music in the park, Summerfest, really anything to get me outside.

Frank

3 months later
#1880 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Odd, I've had the same experience with CFTBL. First impressions were not good. I've since been convinced to play it more, and I really like it. Fast and mean...

I'm the opposite - liked it at first, then couldn't wait to get rid of it. I don't miss it either.

1 month later
#2376 10 years ago

Local post before I advertise it for everyone:

FS: RFM $2200. Average game, playfield is OK, but a little paint missing around the martian's eyes near the flippers. However, it is in a very good condition SWEP1 cabinet. I have priced it knowing decals are a couple hundred bucks. Good CPU, nice, bright monitor.

Located in Waterford, WI - which is SW of Milwaukee.

I'll have pictures as soon as I can find the darn cable to connect the camera....

3 months later
#3520 10 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

Ah that explains much and I will be attending. Thank you.
Just a couple of questions:
What's the best day to go?
Is it a good place to try to buy pins? (if my previous house finally sells, I might be able feed the urge to collect more)

It's more of a come and play show than come and buy. But, there are always a few machines for sale from local collectors, and quite a few from the dealers. I usually have a couple EM's for sale. This year is no different.

1 month later
#3934 10 years ago
Quoted from raisindot:

Yes, that's it! I remember it because it was one of the few games that I could play longer than 30 seconds. I remember once I was playing so long I had to walk away because we had to get to our flight....

Come to the MGC next month. There should be one for sale (if I finish it in time).

3 weeks later
#4199 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Someone had suggested to me about moving the tournament in the freeplay area where Jpop, Spooky and SkitB were located. I thought it would be worse than the hallway due to the crowds in the freeplay area.

How about close off the NW door in that corner and leave the tourney where it is. Make the entrance to the hall the NE door. That way, only tournament players/spectators would be in the NW corner area (no cross traffic). By using the NE door for entrance, the vendors would still get traffic - and everyone entering the hall would see where the tournament was. Make the East doors exit only. Those doors could be propped open. I saw many people get hit by opening doors there over the weekend.

Move ticket/entrance sales away from that area. It's congested enough.

#4206 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I dimmed the lights, it was a great call in my opinion.

Ever play a pinball with a bright can light directly over it? It blows.

I think the complaint came because of the games that had no G.I. or the G.I. quit working.

I know I was considering buying the Rollergames. Playfield G.I. went out. Then, backglass G.I. went out (randomly came back on). Since all 4 games in a row owned by the same person had issues all weekend, I passed. Might be a lesson to learn here...

2 weeks later
#4367 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

If I were to buy new I would use Kingpin (Chris) http://www.kingpingames.net/

I'll second Chris at Kingpin. Plus, he's a Wisconsin boy.

1 month later
#4752 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

There was not much there a transformer pro is in town at a bar.
There is a Nascar at the bar glory days.
There is a Ac/dc pro at johns bar.
Let me know if anyone finds more. I go there for work a lot.

Popcorn Tavern, on 4th Street, usually has one. I'll report back, as I'll be in La Crosse Tuesday and Wednesday. I'll hit most of the downtown venues for old time's sake. Both wife and I graduated from there. Daughter is going in the fall.

1 month later
#5121 9 years ago
Quoted from big_ragu:

Did anyone else see the pins that will be there? It's in the Pinball Map app.
ETA:
Funhouse, BSD, Xmen Pro, Met LE, IM, ST Pro, WH20, TAF, AFM, MM, WoZLE, and America's Most Haunted.
Hell of a lineup!!!!

Wisconsin State Fair - has a Family Guy in the North tent. I don't remember seeing a pin in the South tent.

5 months later
#6236 9 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

Still up? Don't see it...

Check Madison CL - It appears to be in the Ft. Atkinson area.

2 weeks later
#6344 9 years ago

I saw it advertised earlier. I kept it to myself until the potential buyer had a chance to work with Hilton (Whysnow). Supporting the hobby grows the hobby. If he sells his machine, he needs to buy something else to route for everyone to play. I consider that a win for both parties.

1 month later
#6484 9 years ago

New location:
Kelly's Bleachers - Wind Lake, WI

Sopranos and Stern Playboy.

4 months later
#7260 8 years ago

If you are talking about this weekend, the Car Craft Summer Nationals are in Milwaukee too. They are expecting somewhere between 3000-5000 classic cars.

2 weeks later
#7310 8 years ago

Cleveland Pub - New Berlin

4 months later
#7985 8 years ago

Why are they throwing so many balls to Adams? He runs poor routes and keeps dropping passes. They never threw that many to Nelson.

1 year later
#9408 7 years ago

GTL Cactus Jacks FS - $1100.
Players condition, with a rough cabinet.

Frank

7 months later
#10217 6 years ago

47 years on those shingles! We put some on one of our portables for the Fair this year. They have already shrunk - leaving pretty good sized gaps between each one.

3 months later
#10650 6 years ago

Anyone have a Bally Strikes and Spares they want to part with?

8 months later
#11841 5 years ago

Yep, someone figure out how to restore old scratched playfield glass.

4 months later
#12249 5 years ago

Two “oo’s” though - pinwhoo -

10 months later
#13447 4 years ago

I own a Spanish Eyes. It can be set like a true add-a-ball. There are lights for up to 9 balls to play. As stated above, A-E adds a ball and resets. Hitting 1-6 lights the center loop for another ball. There are at least three score thresholds to add a ball. Mine is set at 30,000, 50,000, and 130,000.

#13449 4 years ago

Jones plug female and male pin assembly in the back can be set to just about any 1000-based score.

3 months later
#13894 4 years ago

Surf Side you say? Can you PM me with condition and price?

#13896 4 years ago

Thanks. Surf Side is one of my childhood games that I’d love to reconnect with. But, I’m a little anal when it comes to condition.

1 month later
2 months later
#14483 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Royal guard is a really fun game .

Really miss my Palace Guard - add-a-ball version. Never should have sold it....

3 months later
#15221 3 years ago

I find no difference between a hardtop, new mylar, a playfield protector, or fresh clear coat. All don’t react like an original. I don’t understand the dislike for hardtops and playfield protectors, but the acceptance of mylar and clear coats.

8 months later
#16503 2 years ago
Quoted from A_Bord:

I'm in Green Bay for the week (or two). Looking for a project Spanish Eyes or other middle pop EM game in NE or central Wisc.

Congrats on your new Spanish Eyes. I hope you and your family enjoy it as much as mine did.

2 months later
#16882 2 years ago
Quoted from mr9865:

Any WI locations with Godzilla yet?

Madison Pinball said they are getting one today. They didn’t say which location though.

4 months later
#17384 2 years ago

I have a friend looking for a 60 in 1 cocktail video game. Anyone have one or a connection for one in central WI preferably? Must be coin op. Thanks!

#17410 2 years ago

One more for Chris from Kingpin. He’s closer to you, and a huge supporter of pinball - including all of the time, energy, and money he spends to support the Milwaukee Gaming Classic.

1 year later
#20245 4 months ago

I fit a RFM in a PT Cruiser. I’m still not sure how we squeezed the head into the front passenger seat. The rear seats pop out, so the body slipped right in.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frankj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread?tu=frankj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.