7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13,594 posts
  • 436 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Boyo25guy
  • Topic is favorited by 270 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,509 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4A8EFB54-8199-419C-9089-DB5F6267410A (resized).jpeg
BB3BC2A0-3486-4AAE-88CF-03656B52471B (resized).jpeg
0AF8E171-AF9A-4C86-B8DE-42DACCA6509C (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190827_181740 (resized).jpg
20190827_160759 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190826_222926 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190826_224658 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190826_210157 (resized).jpg
1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9359 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

My son just got accepted to UW Madison for the fall... so along with my daughter who is already there, I'll have more reasons to visit. I'll need to review the thread for all of the names/addreses of your locations. Feel free to PM me the list or post them again here for reference if that's easier.

Is it bad that I can probably list off by memory? lol

Here's their website. It has their locations and pins
http://www.madisonpinball.com/

BTW, congrats on your son getting into UW! Coming from an alumni, when you say Wisconsin, you've said it all! On Wisconsin!

2 months later
#9601 2 years ago

So there's one at Alt and at Schwoegler's? That's pretty amazing!

3 weeks later
#9646 2 years ago

I really hate color bombed GI's....but it looks like they have a lot of nice tables. Will have to try and get there next time we're up in the Twin Cities area.

#9677 2 years ago

What a score! So jealous!

#9682 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Only thing better would be one on loan from a buddy

I have to say it's turning out pretty good. Just a couple issues to sort out with you for backbox lighting, but i think it might have to do with the burnt connectors. Also, the wireforms cleaned up really well, so i opted to have the mount repaired. Turned out pretty good, I'd have to say.

1 week later
#9705 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Ahh, good point. I kept looking over at the machine, hoping they had a tech on site that would look into it so I could walk over and try to learn some more troubleshooting techniques since I've only owned a machine (T2) for a couple of months, but no such luck.

Usually the eddy sensors for the Hocus Pocus magna-saves need adjustment if they have the stock boards with the potentiometers. But what Whysnow says it's correct also. Often times, the left habitrail exit switch often gets ignored in my game, and it tends to give me a credit dot but works perfectly.

2 weeks later
#9777 2 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

How do you think the scam would work... are they just going to rob you?

It would involve personal info in some capacity i would think.

3 weeks later
#9799 2 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

A pet project of mine... If any of you guys are in Madison WI and needed another place to play or hang out...
Join the Blue Moon and Deschutes in launching the Craft Beer Pinball League! Stop in every 1st and 3rd Wednesday for some Beer and Pinball. Meet brewery reps, have a beer, and play some pinball in a relaxed setting. Everyone from all skill levels is welcome! Every other week enjoy featured taps and other surprises as we play some silver ball. Starts at 6 PM or whenever you show up!
List of upcoming Dates and Breweries can be found at: http://bluemoonbar.com/events.php

Jim, right? Please put your TZ up there!!! Awesome burgers at Blue Moon BTW

Love seeing machine infiltrate this city!

1 week later
#9825 2 years ago

Listing my Taxi for sale. Got to make room for a new table. Looking for 1800. It's in players condition but the table is solid through and through. There's mylar bubbling thats hard to see in the pics. I will include a decal sheet for the inserts and a playfield protector. PM me with questions or for pics.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-taxi-7

#9832 2 years ago

Nice price for a solid ToM. GLWS

1 month later
#9926 2 years ago
Quoted from Cudaman:

SpidermanVault HUO with 135 total plays. Perfect in every way.
https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/spider-man-vault

Thanks for the link to the archive page???

1 week later
#10016 2 years ago

Body paint and alcohol? That could be trouble.

#10019 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

or it could be AMAZINg!

All I know is that my body is not cut out for any type of paint...or public display for that matter

2 weeks later
#10115 2 years ago

This guy seems to do nice work. Prices are posted in the thread to give you an idea
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coating-services-offered

1 month later
#10293 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

You know your friends and family take your pinball addictition seriously, when they make you a pinball baby quilt for your baby. Hahahhaha.

Where did you get that fabric?! My Mother-in-law makes quilts and blankets and I would love for her to make us something like this!

#10295 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

My mom said "the internet". I'll get you the details I'm so pumped, told her after the baby is done with it, it is being hung up in the game room
She said she got it from spoonflower, which it looks like they have a few patterns
https://www.spoonflower.com/tags/pinball

Just sent the link to my wife. Awesome!

3 weeks later
#10372 2 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

Good call... I didn't know if I should wait or just go for it. I'll make sure to make that my next purchase.
I hear White Water is an amazing machine. I have only seen videos of it, but it looks great. Hey question on your Black Rose, are most of your GI bulbs sized 44 or 555? I bought Cointakers LED kit and they sent like 16 555 LEDs but I only see 2 bulbs that are sized 555, the rest are all 44. Just curious if my pin is either older or has had work done, because the manual shows 555.

Just a thought, I would avoid getting kits, and buy in bulk. It's a bit cheaper, and you will usually have more than enough of each, then you can just plug and play and not worry about matching by number. Also, (personal opinion) please avoid colored GI. Go with warm white or natural white, whatever your preference is. Color matched inserts work well also. And lastly, gotta put in a plug for Comet LEDs. They are great!

#10400 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Let me know on the dialed in. We could do a 2 for 1 trade (hint, walking dead plus iron man or jurassic park) plus or minus cash. Also, trade in come off before taxes are applied. If there is enough trade in value then there would be no taxes to be paid on your side.
Let me know

I didn't know you did trades. Is this like an automotive trade-in where I'll get a way undervalued trade-in due to overhead and all that? o.O

No need to respond here Chris! I will definitely keep that in mind in the future!

#10402 2 years ago

I would love a JJP game in the house, and trading is probably the only way we could swing it!

1 week later
#10438 2 years ago

2 weeks later
#10526 2 years ago

Looks great LTG! I need to make it up there too. Have family in Woodbury, so we're not too far off.

#10536 2 years ago

Came across this in another (older) thread. I plan on going through it word by word. Could be helpful.
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index1.htm#top

3 weeks later
#10616 2 years ago

#10618 2 years ago

No haha. I had asked for a link because I couldn't find it, but then I edited the post after I found it. Would love a LOTR in the collection though, but can't swing $5k for a new machine right now. Actually, (I know you'll love this) I'm kind of keeping an eye out for a classic Bally

1 month later
#10875 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I even thought of making it invitation only.

This might be the way to go if you are worried about freeloaders or oversized crowds. Close it down for however many hours you want to have the party, and throw it, like you would with friends and family (or a wedding or larger style event). If you have a small list, you could do a guest+1 invite. I don't think anyone would think any differently of you if you did it this way.

Have been wanting to stop by for a long time now...just haven't found a way to

#10898 1 year ago

Any interest in Gorgar that I'd like to trade or sell? Cab and PF are in great shape (little wear on the pf) the boards are all clean, the backglass has flaking and is probably the worst part in the machine. Has Comet 2SMD LEDs (warm white) in the GI, and the lesser bright 2 LED in the inserts and backglass. Asking for $1K +/- cash on a pin in the same era of similar value. PM me for pics (that I'll have to take when I get home today )

#10910 1 year ago

In the marketplace

Archived after 681 days
Sold for $ 1,000
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
FS/FT Gorgar Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Listing up my Gorgar for sale or trade. Cabinet is in excellent shape, playfield is in great shape, backglass is in ok shape. Repros are available. PF has been kept cleaned regu...”
2018-03-07
Madison, WI

#10929 1 year ago

Looking for a classic SS, if anyone has one they'd like to sell, let me know. I'm pretty open as far as games go!

#10932 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I say the same thing about you...

Hey now!

#10941 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Looking for a classic SS, if anyone has one they'd like to sell, let me know. I'm pretty open as far as games go!

Found a game. Thanks!

2 weeks later
#10965 1 year ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Hi all,
I'm in Madison, Wi and I'm wondering if anyone here knows of a pinball service person nearby that can help fix up some random issues with a TAF pin (I'd pay of course). I'm thinking of maybe selling it in the near future but I want to get it in tip top shape before I do. I'd try doing it myself, but if I do sell it I don't want to inflict my poor handiwork on any future buyer. I think it's pretty simple stuff -- the thing flipper optic is not picking up the ball, a graveyard pop is not working, and there are a few bulbs burnt out (this I could probably do . . . ).
Anyway, if someone knows somebody I'd appreciate it.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Depending on where you are located in town,i can lend a hand.
Pretty busy with getting ready for MGC but if you are close, May have an hour this weekend. I sent you a PM

I'm in Madison too and could possibly help out.

#10970 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Archived after 0 days 70 views Sold (amount unknown) Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Trade
Fireball EM 72' $1650New!ArchivedFunctional - needs minor work “I own 2 Fireball 72' EMs (I know, silly).
I am almost done with the restoration of 1 of them and the 2nd one was just used as a reference to make it easier when restoring the one I...”
2018-04-03 Madison, WI
Trade
Whysnow

Available on your route to/from MGC or at MGC with payment in advance

That was fast! Nice!

1 week later
#11012 1 year ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Mark your calendars if you can make it. Free games, food, drinks and prizes for everyone! There are already 5 Stern pins on site at Gameworks in the Mall of America, plus there will be TWO Iron Maiden pins at the launch party. They are making a push to get pins back at the Mall of America and other Gameworks locations, so if this goes well, it would be a great step in that direction so come out and show your support if you can.
https://www.facebook.com/events/170271147122551/
Along those lines...are you eager to play Maiden now? Up at 7am tomorrow? Like coffee? Even if the answer is no, make an exception and come down to play with madness at Caffetto Coffee House. Iron Maiden will ready to rock first thing in the morning!

I do coffee and pinball at home at 7am! Wish I was closer!

1 week later
#11068 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty6point2:

Wife says I am at my limit *cough* Flash Gordon *cough*

Such an awesome game! I acquired one a few weeks ago! Loving it!

#11071 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Have a good friend here in the Twin Cities looking to sell a Gottlieb Abra Ca Dabra, and a Stern Stars if anyone is interested. No idea on price, yet. Stars I shopped out this past winter, but Abra will not boot up and play, and needs a shopout, good condition though. Post some pics when I get some..

Pm sent

#11092 1 year ago

Sega DMD for sale. Shipping included.

Archived after 1 day
Sold (amount undisclosed)
Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition “Selling my Jumbo Sega DMD. Price includes shipping. No missing lines or dots, display is bright and crisp. Video of DMD in action (~2:00)
2018-04-24
Madison, WI

#11094 1 year ago

To be fair, I had it listed on ebay and CL a few days ago

4 weeks later
#11202 1 year ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

I buckled down and fixed it on my own while he was at MGC. I need to get in touch with Quy again to play some TNA on location before he gets his and never wants to leave his house again.

haha! You can come play mine whenever it arrives

Also to add, Maria's on East Wash. is our #2 spot for pinball if we don't go to Alt Brew. Great spot! Awesome pins! Plus I check in from time to time to make sure my GC on High Speed is still there

2 weeks later
#11263 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I've posted before with little or no response, but it's been a while so I'll try this again.
I'm looking for anyone interested in participating in a weekly league (Tuesday or Wednesday night) in my basement in central Minnesota (St Cloud area). Thinking of a short trial league for this first go around if I get enough interest. Something like 6 weeks or so with your top 4 or 5 weeks seeding you in a final playoff the last week (allowing you to miss a week or two). If I can get enough interest in the next week or two, I would consider submitting this for IFPA points, but mostly just looking for people who want to play some competitive pinball in central Minnesota (an area currently lacking of any location play).
PM if interested.

I don't think I could pull 4 hrs one way to make the league

1 week later
#11305 1 year ago

Does anyone have any classic SS Ballys or Sterns they are looking to sell? Would consider SS Williams games too

#11334 1 year ago

Will be listing a nice Target Alpha soon.

#11341 1 year ago
Quoted from Coco414:

Hello all, new to the hobby and looking for my first... Very exciting times mixed with a slightly frustrating amount of patience. Have missed a few LW3 by a hair. Just missed the one in Sussex 10 minutes away from me.
Back on the hunt!

Any interest in an EM?

#11348 1 year ago
Quoted from Schamattack:

Just an FYI there is a guy in Madison selling a South Park asking 2k obo.
madison.craigslist.org link
He sent me a few pics cab looks to be in good shape. lots of bulbs out and hard to see playfield from pics. for price though its a good deal.

But it's a South Park...

you're really hunting aren't you?!

#11350 1 year ago
Quoted from Schamattack:

The addiction hit hard Wife told me I am maxed at 3 pins though

No!!! Does she play? We're maxed out at 8 and we live in a 2 story house. My wife likes to look at sprawling ranches with a walkout basement...

#11353 1 year ago
Quoted from Schamattack:

We play every night. She doesnt have an interest in the 2 EM's though. Probably gonna part ways with at least one of them then try to get another SS.

early SS are are the way to go! i see you have NGG along with your 2 EMs. Lots of good options out there.

#11356 1 year ago

EMs certainly have their charm. Can't beat a nice sounding chime box! I think the more addictive gameplay definitely belongs to the early SS platform. I can take or leave DMD/LCD games and only a few that I've played have had the "one more time" feel.

#11364 1 year ago

Would it be bad form to start a thread on the 100k Aaron Spelling that was just listed?? Asking for a friend

#11391 1 year ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

I had my buddy offer $3000. I guess he’s really hungry.

I wouldn't pay $500 (yes, hundred) for a South Park. He's doing you a favor. It'll sit or a looooong time at $5K.

#11395 1 year ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I figure if your not within 15 percent of someone’s asking price. Just don’t offer your going to piss someone off.

If a listing is that high, I just keep scrolling. Dont even bother.

#11397 1 year ago

As a machine on location for casuals, it's fine. It's got a theme that everyone recognizes, the shots are super easy to make, and it's got decent call outs.

For home use or for an enthusiast that seeks a bit more than that, it falls short and gets bland very quickly.

And as a machine that gets credited for putting B/W out of business and the P2K killer, it's really laughable.

4 weeks later
#11474 1 year ago

Finally got a chance to stop at Tilt in Minneapolis this week. What an awesome place! No frills, nice beer selection, $.50 for most modern games. Very nice overall. Some of the games had weaker flippers, but none of the shots were unmakeable but still an awesome way to kill a few hours! Finally got to play a Cactus Canyon as well but no TNA?

1697 (resized).jpeg20180801_161453 (resized).jpg20180801_161507 (resized).jpg20180801_161512 (resized).jpg

#11521 1 year ago

I will be listing up an imamaculate Baywatch. Comes with legs and pinballs. Unfortunately more than 600 plays in the last 12 years

Seriously though. It is very nice, has a REAL ColorDMD, EnerGI Maestro light board (custom light dimming, no relay clicks with the flashers), had a full topside teardown in November 2017, Titan rubbers, all mechs cleaned and resleeved, no wear on the pf, Comet 2SMD LEDs throughout in Natural White and I'm sure some other things that I'll think for the listing.

#11523 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

thumbs up for white in the Gi's.

Thanks Neo! You gonna be at MRP again this year? I've got a bit more experience under my belt so you better up your game!

#11524 1 year ago

Archived after 16 days
Sold for $ 3,000
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Baywatch Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished “Of course, as legend has it, there is only ONE imamaculate Baywatch. This one is NOT that Baywatch, however there are some other features that make up for it: It is in very nice ...”
2018-08-10
Madison, WI

#11528 1 year ago

In the market for an IM, SM, or X-Men (pro, LE for the right price). Let me know if you are looking to sell.

#11532 1 year ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Yeah, it's gonna require quite a bit
of work and resources. Probably doesn't even qualify as "players" condition.
Got in on the bidding early but up and over $1500 now and just don't want to sink $$$ into it
Good for someone with the time and money though.

Did you see it in person? What kind of work and resources do you think it needs?

Quoted from Minneapolispin:

FYI... This guy has used multiple accounts to bid up his own auctions in the past.

Yeah, not cool at all.

1 week later
#11573 1 year ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Whysnow where in Madison? Dropping my daughter off next week at University of Wisconsin to start freshman year. Need to distract myself before ride home, sad day.

if you're going to be in town, we should meet up!

#11575 1 year ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Now you guys just need to move closer to me. Than I can stop buying games.

I'm in town and I STILL buy games! Just not the brand spanking new ones

#11592 1 year ago
Quoted from Seven9er:

I've been a lurker on this thread for a while now and thought it was time I started joining in on the conversation. I've gotten back into pinball within the last year and have been finding more and more locations to play (much to the chagrin of my wife). I'm now looking at buying my first machine and am going between getting either a solid state (thinking a system 11 machine) like taxi/or a 90's DMD machine or jumping in and getting a NIB machine. Part of the reason I'm leaning NIB is I'm not confident dealing with the second hand market. I don't want to get taken for a ride from a seller as I'm not experienced with fixing a machine...yet. I fully prepared to learn but just haven't had any experience with repairs obviously.

Where are you located?

#11605 1 year ago
Quoted from Seven9er:

I'm in Hudson. Right across the boarder from the Twin Cities, on the "correct" side of the river!

My brother in law used to live in Hudson. Now they live in Bayport.

There's a good collector scene in the Twin Cities and some good location pinball too. If you're patient, you can find a nice working machine that you'll have to tinker with occasionally and it wont break the bank.

#11611 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

update > Schwoeglers was completely flooded so DP wont be going in there.
For those that dont know, Madison westside saw approximately 9-13 inches of rain on Tuesday early morning.
I spent the entire afternoon along with 2 buddies (HUGE thanks! to you guys!!! Ryan and Mike kick ass!!!!) moving all 14 games out of the bowling alley.
Stay tuned and we will keep you posted as things unfold over the next few days.
We hope to have games set up at another location in the next few days. They will return to Schwoeglers once it is all fixed up, but I expect that to take a bit while they figure out insurance and rebuild (bowling lanes were likely 3 ft underwater at the worst part of the flooding)
Our insurance does not cover any of the cost associated with this, but with a little luck I dont think any of the games were impacted (only ~6 inches of water on the bottom of legs; dodged a bullet there). Please come on out and support location pinball once we get them all set back up.
thanks to all those guys that reached out yesterday with words of encouragement and offers to help. I am continually amazed at how amazing this community is!!!!

Whew! I was worried all of your games would be swimming in 3 ft of water! thankfully it was just the legs and hopefully drying them off is enough!

#11620 1 year ago

Gonna have to make it out there this weekend!

#11626 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

ACNC plus DEADPOOL now at Marias in Madison.
25 total games to play currently in one location.
Stop on out and say hi to Jack the awesme bar owner and have a cheap drink while u are there!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Now THAT'S a line up! Gotta make it out there for sure!

1 week later
#11692 1 year ago

Will be listing my ToM soon. Let me know if you're interested.

#11703 1 year ago

Archived after 3 days
Sold elsewhere
Machine - For Sale
Theatre of Magic Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished “I am selling a reimported Theatre of Magic in mint condition. All boards are clean, NVRAM installed. DMD is crisp and bright. It has Comet 2SMD LEDs in the GI, and Comet 2LEDs i...”
2018-09-03
Madison, WI

#11705 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What is katie buying?

Nothing yet

2 weeks later
#11783 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Sort of last minute notice, but I'll be hauling a large enclosed trailer (mostly empty) from central MN to Madison this weekend and back on Sunday (moving some furniture to my son's apt in Madison). If anyone needs a pin transport from the Madison area back to central Wisc or the twin cities area on Sunday, I've got plenty of space and I'm sure we can work something out. Possible even for a trip in the other direction (TC to Madison) on Friday night depending on timing. PM me for more details.
On the plus side, I was able to snag a last minute entry into the Mad Rollin pinball tournament on Saturday with my son. Looking forward to meeting everyone there. And I hear Spooky pinball is giving away a NIB TNA w/ Butter cabinet (#302) at the tournament. Ok, entries are closed for this already and I hear they only got one entrant in the giveaway. Score!!

Looking forward to see you guys there! Seems as though you actually bought the "giveaway"! Congrats!

#11797 1 year ago
Quoted from zrbrt:

Anybody have any recommendations for board work locally? The Shadow has been experiencing WPC resets; I replaced some of the board components, but don't want to dig too heavily if I can avoid it and it makes sense financially.

Try here to help troubleshoot
http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets

3 months later
#12045 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Thought of ACE. I'll stop there, it's right on my way home. Thanks all for the input..

Check their bulk section (where they have screws, nuts, bolts in bulk). Usually it's cheaper to buy from that section instead of in the package. They should have what you need.

#12047 1 year ago
Quoted from sped372:

Hi - I'm pretty new to the hobby and located in Wisconsin. Halfway serious about picking up a second EM so long as it's relatively local (young kids make road trips prohibitive). Really enjoying things so far, though! Might get into the later stuff eventually but for now the prices and complexity are a bit too much. Kids have fun with the EM and so do I.

Welcome. You're not far from Madison. We've got a ton of great location pinball. Let us know if you happen to be in the area and we'll play a few games!

#12049 1 year ago
Quoted from sped372:

Have checked out Geek's Mania and Schwoegler's. Yes, nice to have stuff nearby.

Schwoegler's, I/O Bar, Maria's, ALT Brew, and Pooley's are run by the same Operators. Really awesome guys and they keep their machines nice and they have a nice mix of old and new games.

Blue Moon Bar, Ale Asylum, and High Noon are run by a different Operator. His games play a little slower and could use some fine tuning but also a good choice. He usually has all of the new games.

I'd put Geek's Mania in 3rd. They have an all day pass for Free Play with too many kids putting 4P games on. Plus with so many plays on them all of the time, the games don't play as nicely as they could. They're selection is eh imo.

#12050 1 year ago

Wow, just listing all of the locations we have in a relatively small area, we've got quite a few choices for location pinball. This isn't even including some of the others like Pizza Oven and Rossi's Pizza in Monona.

#12054 1 year ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Last time we went to Geek's over 1/2 the machines were down. I'm not over exaggerating. Not good.
We still go there though because the kids like all the arcade games and I like the unlimited play with a wrist band.
They always seem to have some newer titles. Last time I was there they had Houdini and iron maiden.

The last 2 times we went were for birthday parties, with the most recent in the middle of December, so I'm sure the lineup that I played was similar to what you played. There were a couple machines down, I couldn't remember which. The rest of the arcade is fun with light gun games, sit down racers, and other cabs, but I wouldn't recommend them for pinball. Which is sad, because it was Geeks that actually introduced me to real pinball when I first got into the hobby.

2 weeks later
#12148 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

I don't know, Senior year is very special...I would think they would want to enjoy every day of it.

/sarcasm?

I had the worst "senioritis" when I was in high school. I'm surprised they let me graduate! I hated high school...

#12155 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

First two years were so-so, but the last two were absolutely the best. Great group of people, some pretty cool teachers, a few great parties, crusing HWY 100 during it's last years, cruising Whitnal park on the weekends, concerts at Alpine Valley...truly some magical times. College was ok, but Senior year was the boss.

I was in small town and definitely didn't belong. Couldn't wait to get to a place where I could better fit in and didn't feel like a sore thumb everywhere I went! Madison was/is good to me and for me. There have been lots of times where I've reminisced on my college days. I had some good times in high school too, but hormones, making poor decisions, and generally not enjoying the way I was treated and I couldn't be done with that part of my life soon enough! Just glad I made it to where I can waste money on pinball

#12161 1 year ago
Quoted from bintzknocker:

I dont think you can do an 11 yr abortion. And they are smart enough to figure out how to get home if you drop him somewhere. Too late!!! Lol

Yeah....that's called murder lol

1 week later
#12187 1 year ago

Anyone have a System 11 machine they are thinking about selling?

#12195 1 year ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Ugh
[quoted image]

That looks like fine! We got 8 inches of snow, then -50F windchill, then rain. No snow to play in!

I don't mind the snow. It's the ice/sleet (what we're getting now) and the cold ass temps that I hate.

#12206 1 year ago

Dealing with this shit after work today. 1/2 inch of ice lining my driveway and sidewalks. Thankfully I threw salt down last night so the ice didnt freeze 100% to the concrete.

20190207_154154 (resized).jpg
#12209 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I see you have a nice smooth, broad driveway, ideal for loading/unloading pinballs! Have you been to I/O up on Willy Street? What do you think?

I have and it's fun! Lots of great games, a couple that I've shopped out myself

#12211 1 year ago

Goodness! You've even sold games to them!
Check it out...
[quoted image]

No, not sell. I know the guys the operate them and they trust me enough to work on their games. Not sure why...

#12216 1 year ago

Thinking about listing my Paragon soon. Lots of new stuff replaced on it. Has typical insert cupping, and a little wear on the pf, but it plays and presents well. If you were at MRP this last year, you likely played it.

#12234 1 year ago

Archived after 12 days
Sold elsewhere
Machine - For Sale
Paragon Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished “Lots of stuff done to it to bring it up to a nice machine: New drop targets all around New pop bumper caps, pops function strong and 100% but one of the pop bumper bodies is crack...”
2019-02-11
Madison, WI
1,900 (OBO)

#12253 1 year ago

Looking for a Spider Man or Iron Man if anyone is looking to sell theirs. Preferably unmodded with the exception of ColorDMD.

1 week later
#12296 11 months ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Anyone know about this skill shot? Most of the games in Eau Claire are not well maintained. I wonder who will be maintaining these games. Donavan again or a collector?
https://www.weau.com/content/news/Coffee-pinball-lounge-to-open-in-Eau-Claire-504985691.html

There's not much info on it. Here's another small article I found:
https://volumeone.org/articles/2019/02/05/28031_got_the_skills_then_take_a_shot

1 week later
#12332 11 months ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I'm looking to buy or trade for a Paragon and a Skateball. Non-working or project games are fine too. Games available for trade that I have are Jungle Lord, Elektra, Time Warp and Alien Poker. I'm near Neenah, WI.

I'd be interested in your Alien Poker if you decide to sell.

#12338 11 months ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Thanks, I'll keep you posted if I sell outright.
I have four of the five Bally early SS widebody games (Embryon, Hot Doggin', Space Invaders and Future Spa) and I think it would be cool to have the last, Paragon, to complete the collection. I also like the playfield layout of Skateball.

Nice collection of the big boy Ballys! Skate ball is on my short list as well. They never seem to come up for sale though. GL with your search!

2 weeks later
#12397 11 months ago

Who is the lucky person that won the Powerball?
https://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Winning-768M-Powerball-ticket-sold-in-Wisconsin-507768441.html

New house, new pinball warehouse, all the games if it were me. But I'd take the annual payments instead of the lump sum.

#12407 11 months ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Anybody see this post?
minneapolis.craigslist.org link
Just talked to him. A nice guy. He would like to sell large quantities. I only have funds for one maybe two. If anyone wants to pool, let me know. I lived near him.

Wish I lived closer so I could stop by and take a look.

#12411 11 months ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Get a few of us together for group buying power up to $20k? (Not that it is worth that)

If it's 20K for 55 machines, that comes out to be $363 per machine. It'd be worth it enough for sure, but I'm not sure if the 20K is just a number to get it listed on CL and gain interest.

#12413 11 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

They'd have to be pretty wrecked to not average out to $363 a game, wouldn't they? I suppose that's possible. Could be all corroded and missing tons of parts.

Could be just a pile of plywood for all you know...leaky warehouse? It's already not temp controlled so any backglass will be ruined.

#12443 10 months ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Don't post too much on here, but... Just dropped off Oktoberfest at the Blue Moon in Madison. League this week with Terrapin Beer Co. on Wednesday. Come on out and a beer is on us! www.craftbeerpinballleague.com[quoted image]

Awesome! Gonna have to get some games on ACNC and Oktoberfest.

1 month later
#12544 9 months ago
Quoted from dozer1:

I truely appears to be a scam!! He ripped off the description from a reputable pinsiders add. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/78730

Report the ad on Facebook.

1 week later
#12563 9 months ago
Quoted from Derrik:

Thanks for the welcome and the warning.
I'm open to any pin honestly. I was just curious about what's for sale in this area. I am first time buyer so I'm not too particular. I just want something I can practice on. I understand EMs are probably what I'm going to have to go for with my budget, but I could probably bump my funds up to 3k if need be.

You could easily get a very fun early solid state (late 70s - mid 80s) with a 2k budget. Hold out for something good. What's your location?

#12576 9 months ago

I read a couple bad stories about bouncers at St Paul Tap. Anyone know anything about this place and what their rules are? Apparently after 8pm there's a dress code? And some inconsistencies about 18+ age rules?

#12580 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I saw the same posting on Facebook that you're referring to. I can't help with regards to the dress code since I was there for lunch and dressed in business casual attire. I have only been there once and the games were in great shape (but they should have been since they just opened a week or two before). My own experience was that the food was good, but the pins were super expensive. Had to buy a rechargeable card for $5 since I was just there for lunch. Figured I'd get at least 5 games out of it... boy was I WRONG. The pins were setup on points, not dollars and the first 3 games left me with not enough points to play a fourth game. So since I wasn't coming back (don't live anywhere near there), I did the math which meant I basically spent $1.67 per game. Of course, the actual points were closer to $1.33 per game or something like that, but with leftover points that were of no use to me, hopefully you get my point. In either case, I'm not sure if the pricing is still the same, but won't be going back at that price!! I will add that this was a couple months ago and I might be off on my math a bit, but hopefully not... I do remember it being much more expensive than I had hoped. I do fully support local operators and realize it's not cheap... but theres a point at which I'd just rather stay home and play my collection.

Good to know as we're up in the Twin Cities area a few times a year. Based on your experience and those on Facebook, I doubt we'll be going there anytime soon.

1 week later
#12628 9 months ago

I may be listing a very nice HUO Spider-Man in the next couple days. Let me know if you're interested.

1 week later
#12657 8 months ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

recommended going rate of $300 US)

That's just Neo's recommended going rate. I don't care for the game either, but it's pinball. He just has an irrational hate for colored GI and SFII lol

#12662 8 months ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

Nothing irrational about that!

I guess not, as I don't like it at all either. What I really hate is when people use the phrase "tastefully done" to justify their terrible clown puke. I guess it's tasteful if you like to stab your eyes out with pencils. I'll rephrase to his "irrational hate for SFII" and leave it at that

1 week later
#12702 8 months ago

Did anyone scoop up the F2K that was listed on Facebook a couple days ago? Seemed like a good find!

1 week later
#12719 8 months ago
Quoted from Barkz:

Anyone have a good idea what an 81’ EBD in this condition goes for around here? I put an alltek light board and new power module in. Cabinet had a poor color match touch up attempt before me along with painting the white cabinet head. There is some protective film (not the same thickness as the Mylar on the playfield) bubbling around the flipper lanes.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's a terrible looking example. I'll give you tree-fiddy. When can I pick it up?

Seriously though, send me a PM if/when you have a price set. I'd be interested!

#12734 8 months ago
Quoted from Barkz:

How cheap and how project-y are you looking? I know Pinmasher has a few SS for sale.

What's he got? I'm always looking!

#12765 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Anyone out there looking for an original HUO SM? I’m only looking for trades as this point, +/- cash depending on title and condition.

I WAS...and then I bought one

1 week later
#12829 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I can barely get through all the emails in my inbox with so many fantastic offers...
Reality... nothing but crickets, but to be expected as this is the norm these days. I'm going to be in Madtown this coming Friday if anyone really wants to get rid of that pin you’ve been thinking about unloading.

You can come help me fix GP while you're here

2 weeks later
#12860 7 months ago
54e.gif
1 month later
#13040 5 months ago

I have a player's condition Rollergames I'm thinking about selling. Let me know if you're interested.

1 month later
#13165 3 months ago
Quoted from SuS:

If anybody in the Milwaukee area is looking to add some bass.

Other - For Sale

Polk PSW10 Subwoofer NIB

New!

“I have 2 Polk PSW10 Subwoofers that I bought but never used. Such is pinball. Both are New In Box. $80ea or $150 for the pair. I'm in the Milwaukee, WI area.”

1 hour ago

Oak Creek, WI

SuS

I would pick up one of these if you were in town. Going to be in Madison any time soon?

1 week later
#13243 3 months ago
Quoted from alpo3744:

Does anyone have the phone number of someone who works on EM machines? My dad has a 1977 Gottlieb Mustang that needs some work and has been having trouble finding someone who would know how to fix it.

Where are you located?

1 week later
#13320 80 days ago

As Hilton noted, cash is universal. What I hate most though, is the cards that you have to buy and "load" money on to. Similar to tokens, it's an annoyance for the player. I am 100% less likely to buy a card and load it with money than I would be for throwing in dollar bills or quarters. Just my $.25

3 weeks later
#13451 54 days ago

I'll be listing a very minty SM soon. It's very clean and in CQ shape. Cliffys, webbed side rails, matching powder coat, webbed plastic projectors, Comet 2SMDs GI and Cointaker inserts throughout plus more. Cleaned and waxed and plays and looks perfect.

#13456 51 days ago

Archived after 3 days
Sold elsewhere
Machine - For Sale
Spider-Man Archived
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) “Happy New Years! Looking to start the new year by selling a super nice copy of Stern Spider-Man. Lots of upgrades on this game and as far as I can tell, is HUO. Mods and updates ar...”
2020-01-02
Madison, WI

#13459 51 days ago
Quoted from TomN:

Man....Wish I had unlimited funds as I'd like to upgrade to this beautiful machine!! Nice looking example.
Bump for a great Pinsider. You ready to sell me back X-Men yet?

Sorry Tom. XM is bolted to the floor. It is a beautiful machine and not going anywhere anytime soon!

3 weeks later
#13514 28 days ago

FYI:

Machine - For Sale

TWD Premium in MN - PRICE DROP

HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) “For Sale:

Stern “The Walking Dead” Premium Pinball

Home use only

c. 500 lifetime plays

No PF wear apart from light/normal dimpling

No shooter lane wear

No Well Walker hip...”

6 days ago

Minneapolis, MN

5,825 (OBO)

Jason_Jehosaphat

This is so tempting! How isnt this sold yet??

#13524 28 days ago

I wouldn't mind upgrading my pro to a premium. I've had my pro for a few years now. I dont necessarily want to get rid of it because its not *as* exciting anymore, but it would be nice to have a change of pace. I know I would regret selling altogether.

#13546 26 days ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

so all your stern games came from the factory with all the outlane post on the top tier? ok

No offense, but if you don't like how a game plays, its simple enough to not play that game. Hilton and crew go out of their way to make sure games are playing well. If you're playing and you feel it is unfair, then don't plug more quarters into it. Pass the info along and try again next time. Simple as that.

Yes, some Stern games out of the box are too easy, and you can usually tell after a few games. They're OPs, they can't have games going on for 10 - 20 - 30 mins at a time.

It goes without saying that I play plenty of Madison pinball games, and I never feel cheated. If anything, I feel like I need to get better.

#13554 26 days ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

you are right, it is simple as that. do you think i don't know who hilton is? lol. and what Madison pinball does? I have played enough location pinball to know better. If you think every stern game at I/O bar should have there outlane at the top then you are missing something. but hey not my games. if hilton thinks his number add up then thats all that matters. aint my route. but I wont participate. It's all good, Milwaukee location pinball is thriving more then it ever has.

I don't think it matters whether you know who Hilton is or not. All you needed to say is that you think the outlanes are a bit unfair. He responded in kindly by saying that he adjusted the outlanes to the middle (for that particular game). You brought up a "concern", and they responded. I'm not sure what else there is. Have fun at the MKE locations, sincerely.

1 week later
#13574 19 days ago

We'll be stopping by at the end of February! Cant wait to check your place out and hang out!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
MicksPinball
$ 35.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinfarmer Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 12,500.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
COINTAKER.COM
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
£ 29.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 245.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 10.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 17.00
$ 218.00
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside