1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#339 11 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

Midnight Madness on Dirty Harry was fun/silly. I had a friend try it out, he thought it was a blast. It's a "High Score" killer, ie you get a sh*tload of points during the mode. Still a riot, however.

Cactus Canyon Continued has a Midnight Madness mode now too -- but I'm separating that score out as its own entity with it's own champion -- game score stays unaffected. I'm surprised other games allow that giant orgy of points to affect the game score!

#385 11 years ago

I have to take a kid to a birthday party in Johnson Creek today (45 minute drive from where I'm at). Time to dust off the internet stalker skills and show up unannounced at Dewsho's for some pinball.

Edit: Hah, just noticed his collection is all wishlist. Silly me!

2 months later
#1107 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

So I have a few days off (starting tomorrow) and was wondering who wants to show off their AC/DC? Been wanting to try one out but can't find one on location.

I can't offer up AC/DC, but if you ever want to drive an hour to play CCC, TSPP and TOM you could swing by my way.

E

#1141 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have said it before and will say it again. I would LOVE to find a cheap but safe place somewhat locally (love the idea of johnson creek due to central location between the 2 major cities) to rent and turn into a club similar to what Clay has in MI. I would happily take a few of my pins to such a place and if we could get 20-30 of us to each bring a few pins we could create a new pinball place.
I am sure it would be extremely difficult to find the right place and zoning laws would have to allow it, but it would be super cool! We would probably need a retired pinhead to be the central operator, but would be great to be able to open it to the public every so often for a fee in order to help pay the rent...
Maybe someday int he future i will hit the lotto and could just have a huge property and build my own pinspot.

I often wondered if it would be possible to pull people together for a co-op style arrangement like this - like many car buffs do for garage space - but I assume it would be difficult to pull off without friction.

#1158 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

Had a bad week. Son subpoenaed to testify against a classmate, daughter broke her leg, and more. Who else but a pinsider to help take my mind off of things for a while. CaptainNeo invited me over but we couldn't make it happen due to court, hospital etc.. A big THANKS to Neo for the invite! epthegeek and I were able to hook up Wednesday evening and it was exactly what the Dr. ordered! Played tspp, Tom, and ccc all for the first time. As he explained each game to me I listened closely. When we came to ccc, I said "this is the one that wasn't complete and somebody stepped up and finished it right". With no bragging in his voice, he said "I did yes". I gushed about how awesome he was as he explained in great detail what he did. What a modest, nice, friendly guy! I had a blast and hope Eric did too. Each time I meet one of you guys I'm amazed and blown away by the kindness and generosity of my (our) pinball community. You'd think I'd get used to it, but the amazement and feeling of good will feels brand new and just as good each time! Thank you!
/wall of text

Glad you could stop by, and great to meet you. Always fun to have another pinhead to play games with. Hopefully next week will be better than this week was for ya.

#1168 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

Forgot to put this GREAT pic in my last post

Man. That guy looks drunk.

#1189 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

They've got a cool rock climbing wall though.

The rock wall was removed a long time ago, FYI

#1191 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

haven't been to the mini golf place in Greenfield that usually has four or five yet this year, but it's usually great. .

The golf place blows this year. Two pins. BDK and something else, and when I was there BDK had a ball stuck inside the slingshot rubber. The place is really dumpy now too. The golf course is really run down. It's like they haven't spent any money, time, or effort on trying to upkeep the place. Really a bummer as I used to go there to play pins somewhat regularly. I updated the pinmap entry for after my last disappointing visit.

I wish we had someplace with a room like enchanted castle has now. A large number of pins that are actually being looked after.

5 months later
#2524 10 years ago

Chillin at home. Wrenchin' on pins. Gettin ready for expo. Anybody close by want to stop by? (There's 15 more pins set up than listed on 'my collection' because they're not mine)

#2528 10 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Repair jobs? or do you rent pin storage at your place
--
Jeremy Agema
Central WI

A little bit of both.

1 month later
#2938 10 years ago
Quoted from Silvercoin:

Hey All..
Really new here, picking up some steam from Pin Expo Chicago I attended..
Pretty good in the Vid Circles, looking forward to meeting more pinball fans!

Welcome to the madness, fellow Muskego-er? ... Muskego-an? ... Muskego-nite? GUY FROM MUSKEGO.

1 week later
#3026 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

For those new from WI > we do have a local forum that is pretty cool that Ralphwiggum was kind enough to set up and invite us to
wisconsinpinball.com

Oh?

/trots off to check that out

3 weeks later
#3300 10 years ago

Anybody interested in super last minute open invite pinball in Muskego?

Shoot me a PM if you've got nothing better to do this evening.

/don't let my pinside collection fool you, there's more like 20 games up and running.

#3302 10 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

When? And where is Muskego - always up for pinball

Today. Unfortunately. Muskego is on the southwest side of Milwaukee.

#3306 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Hey , I thought you said you were done with this last minute shit .

When did I ever say that? The standing Friday invite is the standing Friday invite. I've just not mentioned it on Pinside before.

#3311 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Wish I was home right now. I would come over in a heartbeat.
Spent the evening with my MN brothers at Blainebrook.
Keep the invites coming. I would love to make it your way.
CHRIS

The deal is, I'm around almost every Friday with the kids, so if people want to stop by for some pin, that's cool. Just have to let me know you're comin'

1 week later
#3357 10 years ago

Standard Friday open invite applies this week, if anybody localish wants to kill some time. Shoot me a PM if you'd be interested in swinging by. Nothing formal/organized, just pins to play and hanging out to do.
E

1 month later
#3697 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Hey All,
So I now have a pile of beer that needs to be drunk. (You all let me down as Wisconsinites last night)

chris

Centerflank and Trilogy were unable to attend. That explains the excess.

1 month later
#4086 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

He has the creature itch. It can get really bad.

I recently fell victim to this. It was expensive.

2 months later
#4727 9 years ago

Not sure if I've mentioned this on Pinside directly before or not, but I kind of have a standing open invite for Friday nights if anybody is looking to play some pinball in the Southwest Milwaukee area (Muskego, to be specific). Just have to let me know if you want to swing by, on the off chance that some Friday I won't be around. I'm usually home with the kids Fridays as the Wife works second shift.

E

Disclaimer LTG Style: There's a bunch more pins in my basement than my collection says - a bunch of Bangerjays are on loan in there.

#4729 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I really want to play an Earthshaker......never played before.

I really should get that thing over to Neo to fix up the hole.

/Tomorrow ... tomorrow ... tomorrow

#4734 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Hopefully Ralphwiggum will have mine done by the party on the 12th of July.
Your welcome to come and play it then.
chris

He's just mocking me because I have one I've been working on for like a year.

/sorry Vince

#4743 9 years ago
Quoted from onceler:

Would Illinoisans be invited as well?

If you want to make the drive, sure.

1 week later
#4785 9 years ago
Quoted from gamefreakfrank:

Hey fellow Pinsiders! Wanting to know if anyone is available Friday or Saturday that would be ok with having me stop on over and play for a few hours. Need to get more pinball under my belt and it's honestly the closest thing to a vacation I'll be getting anytime soon. Feel free to PM me if you don't wanna post on here. Thanks everyone!
Frank

I'd say you could swing over here either day, but it's 2 hrs and 40 minutes from where you are

#4826 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Now for something else. Any suggestions?

Play it. Play the game.

1 month later
#5099 9 years ago

Anybody down for Friday Pinball south-west of Milwaukee (Muskego) tonight? Eh? Eh? Maybe throw together a $5 for-the-hell-of-it tournament?

#5101 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

I'm right in the middle of working 7, 12 hour days. This would be a nice way to break up the week. Let me know if it's a go.

Open invite is open. You know where it's at.

3 weeks later
#5331 9 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Tommy won't be going. That's the only game Ian still plays. He isn't interested in anything else and I need to reduce my stress/get my funds back. Almost bowed out, but I'll stay in for a bit more.
ES - needs cab work but I have decals
Diner - I have too much sunk into it (Neo restored the pf) but I would sell it if I could recoup my funds.
NGG - I hate it and want it out.
Not sure what "Dr" is......

I'd guess Dr Who.

#5337 9 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I have been thinking of a Bally Spares and Strikes if anyone within driving distance has one for sale.

Smooth way to make it seem like you're NOT in the vulture circle forming over methos.

1 month later
#5571 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I like acronyms, esp when using a mobile device.
I assume at some point that will be the accepted shortening and get its own pinside hyperlinking?

Too bad he didn't go with (W)rath (o)f (o)lympus instead of (W)rath (o)f (Oly)mpus.

It'd be fun to use WOO.

WOO!

1 month later
#5961 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

i am wondering what WNSJM stands for.

Whoa Nelly Small Juicy Melons.

For members of the itty bitty committee fan club.

/though I'd say you lose claim to the 'juicy'

2 months later
#6456 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Dang it. I loved this game. Dare I let go of a Pin slot for a vid??????

I wouldn't. It's really not that good under repeat play, and the control system is awkward and confusing to pinks.

1 year later
#9174 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Cactus Canyon doesn't have CCC (yet) because it has to be on freeplay for that. Stay tuned there.

Please do not modify the code to support coin play. It is not intended for commercial use.
E

#9178 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

If you have a CCC and have issues with it - you are on your own!

Hopefully all the people who have contacted me for help, even with systems I didn't build, would disagree.

1 month later
#9431 7 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

Well, decided on not making the switch to the Fond Du Lac area. However, I would like to get more involved with the Milwaukee / South East Wisconsin pinball crowd. Are there any public/private leagues people would recommend? Any pre or post Midwest Gaming Classic events?
Willing to invite people over as well, but be warned the Argosy is definately not working %100 percent.
Heres to playing more pinball with fellow pinsiders in 2017.

Are you on wisconsinpinball.com yet? Because; obvious.

1 week later
#9454 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Hello to my Wisconsin/Chicago friends!
Are any of you guys driving down to the Texas Pinball Festival?
I want to make an order from Terry at Pinball life, some stuff that is expensive to ship internationally like some lockdown bars etc. I can pop them in my luggage in Texas and take them home with me.
If anyone can bring them down for me you'd have my eternal gratitude and also beers from me at the bar.
Let me know if you can help out!
Cheers
Dave.

Dave, a bunch of people from the area (including Terry) are going, I'm just not sure if any of them are driving to be able to bring extra supplies.

6 months later
#10106 6 years ago
Quoted from MNPinner:

If any one is interested in buying my LOTR and you live between Carver, MN & Muskego, WI. I can arrange for delivery this weekend only. Let me know if you are interested.

I'm the guy who would be bringing it (if a deal was made) - and the Madison area wouldn't be out of the question either. That's not much of a detour. Anywhere SE Wisconsin really. Or if you're somewhat close and just want me to hold it a bit until you could pick it up, that would be fine too.

Anyway, just offering transportation if someone near-ish to me wants to pick up his LOTR.

2 months later
#10371 6 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

Good call... I didn't know if I should wait or just go for it. I'll make sure to make that my next purchase.
I hear White Water is an amazing machine. I have only seen videos of it, but it looks great.

1. Welcome! You might want to sign up over at wisconsinpinball.com too, for local flavor. Less traffic, but it's the local crowd and all the local events/leagues get posted over there.

B. If you don't mind driving to Muskego, I've got a whitewater (and a bunch of other stuff) you could kick the tires on to see if you like it or not.

E

2 weeks later
#10430 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Only $.50 a play too.

Because it’s only 50% of a game? Heyyyyyyyy-oooo

2 months later
#10766 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

What’s sad is we didn’t play one game of pinball. It’s kind of embarrassing.

Quoted from animesuperj:

Knowing you, that's probably for the best; don't want to embarrass yourself any further

growaloevera-1000 (resized).jpggrowaloevera-1000 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#10894 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Anyone from Minnesota (or possibly even Wisconsin) heading to TPF with the ability to haul back a potential pin for me?

KingPinGames takes a big trailer - no clue if he'd have room or be willing to haul something back though.

1 month later
#10998 6 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

copy/paste from facebook...
Iron Maiden stream incoming! Special Tuesday morning stream, 4/17 at 9 a.m. Eastern live from Tilt Pinball Bar: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

Stealin' the thunder. Vicious.

Edit: Sorry, my mistake - I didn't realize the date, I just saw tuesday morning and I thought they were jumping in front of the Stern stream with Jack later today. Whoopsie!

#11000 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

???
This will be on the Tuesday after MGC when they take home the show game to Tilt.
Pretty sure Jack is streaming tonight and 30 of them at MGC as of Friday for VIG people to see/play

Oh, haha. I didn't realize the date was NEXT tuesday. Hilarity.

2 weeks later
#11100 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

it looks amazing!!!

Says the only guy in the world with it running on his game currently.

11 months later
#12412 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Get a few of us together for group buying power up to $20k? (Not that it is worth that)

They'd have to be pretty wrecked to not average out to $363 a game, wouldn't they? I suppose that's possible. Could be all corroded and missing tons of parts.

2 weeks later
#12482 5 years ago

If I said that I was interested in trading a lightly used DILE for a nice Scared Stiff, would that rattle anybody's carriage? Or just get me dragged off to the looney bin?

1 year later
#14023 3 years ago

That sounds more like permanently than indefinitely.

2 weeks later
#14258 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I just want to know if the game you have FS is within an 8 hr drive from me or not lol.

Definitely helpful info on buying/selling. And it's not like it's your damn street address. I don't understand the opposition to listing it.

#14266 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

... in a strange way!

10/10. Really stuck the landing.

1 week later
#14311 3 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Still have a new alien poker playfield avail. Feeln down tonight. Miss mgc, hope expo happens....

Does it cost more or less than Fatpanda's entire Alien Poker?

2 weeks later
#14403 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Odd, I've never heard this term before. Googling it just returns a restaurant in Schofield. Adding an "e" seems to be the usual spelling, but regardless, it's a new one on me. Not crazy about it either...

Here I was feeling a big bad for recoiling a bit at it. I hadn’t heard it before either.

1 month later
#14499 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Looking to move DemoMan.
$2900 with CDMD
$2500 without
Check out the deets at the link below.
https://www.wisconsinpinball.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2251

An actual good deal? WTF is this shit?!

1 week later
#14591 3 years ago
Quoted from zenbone:

I will be in this thread a lot more soon, selling our house in Clearwater FL and moving up to Appleton WI. We are coming up for the final house hunt/make offer trip 9/10. bringing all our machines up with us to build out a basement pinball bar room.

You will be referred to as "New Eric Strangeway" sometimes. Don't worry about it though.

#14594 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

did he buy erics old house?

Well he hasn't bought a house yet so .. POSSIBLY!? Strangeway didn't live in Appleton proper though I don't think.

1 month later
#14784 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Anyone want a quarter pusher? has built in quarter changer. great for coin op game room.

I've never seen one of these so ... bland. Interesting.

1 week later
#14829 3 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Can anybody in the Madison area confirm GNR is at Blue Moon bar and grill? My peeps are talking

I'm not there, but Kingpin mentioned yesterday that it was there.

Edit: My bad, I went back and found it - he said thursday/friday for the Blue Moon game. This weekend for Tilt in MN.

2 months later
#15318 3 years ago
Quoted from gordonshumway:

What is the value of a Harlem Globetrotters in very fine condition? Found one out there and the owner who isn't really into pins has no idea of its worth and neither do I.

About tree-fiddy ... and I’ll take it.

7 months later
#16413 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Anyone want a free piano? I have got a Kimball Consalette that I’d like to get rid of.

Craaaaazy Doug’s - Everything MUST GO!

2 months later
#16893 2 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Going to Cudahy, Wisconsin for a concert Saturday. Any place we should hit on the way back?

I'm somewhat shocked there would be anything happening in Cudahy that's worth traveling for.

1 week later
#16968 2 years ago

Anybody not 15 hours away interested in an AFM? eh? EH?!

SOLD!
Machine - For Trade
OIB - Old in box (older than 3 years, never unboxed) - “(If I picked NIB the only option was “distributor/business”) I have a NIB AFMr SE. Would love to trade it straight up for a NIB MBr SE, but I doubt that’ll happen. A MBr i...”
2021-10-20
Muskego, WI
Trade
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 691 times
Contributed to Pinside

5 months later
#17566 2 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Men's/ women's division or singular?

Neo's tournament is an 'every human for themselves' all in jamboree.

1 month later
#17692 1 year ago

Anybody know how I can get in touch with Dr. Ross from the MN gang? I made him a thing after we talked at MGC and just realized I don't have any contact info. Not sure if he's on pinside or not even.

2 months later
#17892 1 year ago
Quoted from Iamthelaw:

Anyone in the area know where a nice ijtpa is on site? Considering adding one to my collection but want to play it some more, the closer to eau Claire the better, thanks

Pretty sure Distric 82 has one, no?

#17907 1 year ago
Quoted from Iamthelaw:

Thanks, Was hoping to find one a little closer, the cities area would be less of hike

Yeah - sorry, I forget how far west Eau Claire is. My bad.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread?tu=epthegeek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.