1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deaconblooze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 11 years ago

Checking in. I'll be at both the Waun-a-Bowl tourney and MGC. I'm not sure what's coming to MGC with me, maybe Flash, since that's probably the easiest one to get out of my basement.. Looking forward to both events. I think I'll be at MGC on Friday, so I should be able to help setup, as well.

#93 11 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

oh yAh buddy, that looks awesome! Where the heck is janesville... off to google I go!

I think I know who's this is. He's actually in Edgerton, about 2 miles from me. If you end up picking it up let me know and you can stop by for some beer/pinball.

#117 11 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

If my vote counts: TFLE and DE Simpsons.

and if mine counts, I've always wanted some time on WoF

#126 11 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Looks like WoF and one undecided then

Nice! Thanks, really looking forward to this one. I only played it once at the Expo tourney, really didn't get a feel for it.

#213 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

165 new posts since the last time I was here? Where the hell are you guys when I was trying to start a local pinball league here? Since there seems to be a ton of us now. How many here want to do a SE WI pinball league? Get together once a month, do random gamerooms the whole 9 yards. Keep league stats, maybe have a passable Trophy for the point leader of the season. What do you think?

I'd be in.

1 week later
#296 11 years ago

To those in the Madison area; does anyone know if the Up North has fixed the sling on XM in the past 2 weeks? I'd like to get back to play it..

I'm pretty jealous of all of the pins available on location to the Chicago and Minneapolis crowds.

As long as we have a local thread going, please take a moment to check out the "Where to Play" map. If you know of any locations that aren't currently listed, please add them. It's sort of frustrating to see the lack of games in the Madison area.. surely we must be missing the gold mine?

http://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play

3 weeks later
#462 11 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

For anyone else in the area, we are headed to Wauna tomorrow afternoon for some pin fun.

I'll be at the waun-a-bowl tomorrow, really wish I could make Centerflank's, but not in the cards..

#466 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Cmon man, whitewater reunion!

Wait a minute... you went to whitewater? Wait a minute..... have we talked about this before??

#469 11 years ago

Ah, that's right! You have a much better memory than me.... How's that, I thought you went to whitewater?!

beer-memory-demotivational-poster.jpgbeer-memory-demotivational-poster.jpg

2 weeks later
#629 11 years ago
Quoted from boomer:

Greg Jennings.

Not ideal to see him go in the division, but the vikings giving up a 24 yo receiver on the rise for a 30 yo injury prone receiver headed for an inevitable decline... I guess there could be worse things.

#686 11 years ago

18m guaranteed to a guy that played what, 6 games last year? I think it worked out to 48m/5yrs or something similar.

Oh well, I'm more disappointed we didn't get Steven Jackson. I'm looking forward to the draft, hopefully we get some healthy players this year

#691 11 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Darn seems like a nice a guy

Seems like it, but there were reports from guys like Tim Vanvooren and Drew Olsen that if he did come back to GB, he would have a lot of patching up to do in the locker room. He doesn't come off like a diva, but I'm also not sitting in on any of those team meetings. For the record, they commented when James Jones went through a similar process during his last contract year, he was all about the team and very professional.

When Favre moved on I wasn't too hurt (sure, go Jets, you're in a different conference, but if we met it was game on) until he blatantly tried to stick it to us with the second fake retirement to go to our rival, then said "the real Packers fans will understand".. The Packers have been there since 1919, Favre has been there since 1992. My allegiance lies with the team. I like certain players, but I also recognize I don't 'know' them, I don't owe them anything, and they don't owe me anything. Driver 'seems' like a nice guy, but who really knows.. Let's remember, these are all pro athletes that have been pampered by 'yes men' most of their lives.

GO PACK!

#694 11 years ago

I agree with everything you said, Guru. The reason I wanted SJax was his ability to pick up a blitz, run between the tackles, and pass catch. All those things made him a perfect fit. The problem was his age, he's run hard his entire career, so he probably has 2 years left at most. I often wonder the same thing about AP, he's run hard, and he's not getting younger. I think the Vikings have potential, but their window is relatively short. 30 is the kiss of death for RB's, historically.

TT has tried for RB's relatively high recently, unfortunately they haven't really turned out. I think a good RB really helps to improve our time of possession, and puts a lot less stress on our defense. But yes, we also have quite a few other needs.

1 month later
#1000 10 years ago

I had a blast playing your CV the last couple of years. It was playing really well. Good luck with the sale, I hope you can get TAV out of it.

1 week later
#1167 10 years ago

Ive been away from this thread for a while - I love the Johnson creek idea! It would be awesome to pull something like that together.

Ken - I was out of town and have some work to catch up on this weekend. Maybe you could stop out next week to check out ac/dc?

#1170 10 years ago

I think that should work out fine. It'll give me more time to get some things in shape!

#1178 10 years ago

Wisconsinite

#1198 10 years ago

Anyone been to the Up North, lately? Anything there worth playing?

#1233 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Might be interested as well if it falls on the right date. Lots of summer activities going on.

Same here

#1252 10 years ago

June 29th for me, but even that's sort of up in the air. I know I can't make the 22nd..

1 week later
#1297 10 years ago
Quoted from tmac:

I have the sickness

Congrats, TMac! Glad to see you take the plunge.

1 month later
#1449 10 years ago

Nice, Tim! I signed up and scrambled to have the first post (yours doesn't count)!

3 weeks later
#1665 10 years ago

Ralphwiggum broke my wh20, he played one game, and got over 1.2b . I'm still trying to find that 1b shot... He holds the GC score, I haven't even gotten close since then. I believe all of my other scores are safe.

#1676 10 years ago

The depression set in when I realized I would not only have to beat his score once, but 5 times. That game has gotten quite a bit of play lately, but nothing even close to knocking that one off.

Ken got on the board of AC/DC when he came over. Luckily, I was able to knock that one off! Mike was also really close. I'll have another get-together in the fall once the summer chaos slows down a bit.

4 weeks later
#1916 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

so... who's going to Pinburgh?

I'm still kicking around the idea. It doesn't help that it's the weekend after MGC...

2 weeks later
#2031 10 years ago
Quoted from aahgo:

Did some Pinsider pick up a free pinball in Wautoma?
appleton.craigslist.org link

What game was it? Nice that they altered their ad if they can't respond to all the emails!

#2113 10 years ago

Wow, you don't mess around, that's up there.

Welcome! Now, shed your IL location in your info!

1 week later
#2225 10 years ago

Tournament tomorrow night at the Up North in Madison:

https://sites.google.com/site/madtownpinball/

Exciting to see that pop up, hopefully there will be more to follow!

3 weeks later
#2462 10 years ago

I'm putting up my Four Million BC for sale.

The good:

-Plays well
-All mechanisms working properly
-All reels scoring properly
-Backglass is in great condition
-Overall pretty good condition for it's age

The Bad

-Some wear on the playfield, probably typical, but I'll get some good pictures
-Large splinter on inside of the lower cabinet lip, otherwise cabinet is in pretty good condition

Out of room, so cash only right now, $1400. I'll try to get some more pictures. Let me know if you want to see something specific.

20130613_061137-378.jpg20130613_061137-378.jpg
20130611_205646-742.jpg20130611_205646-742.jpg

#2557 10 years ago

There's a WOZ at Moosejaw pizza. Check the pinside map, I'm pretty sure there are also some other games at some of the resorts.

1 week later
#2690 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

My brother is dating one of the Vikings cheerleaders.

Good for him. No one ever seems to brag about dating one of the Green Bay cheerleaders..

1 month later
#3101 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

None of them are keepers.... Is it dibs time yet?

DIBS!

#3106 10 years ago

no mustache ride for you, then.

#3110 10 years ago

Supersonic EM? I thought those were all solid state?

Also, thanks for changing the subject.

#3178 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

To be fair, anytime you are moving a pin into the house, it can't ever be a bad idea regardless of the conditions.

3am and drunk?

1 week later
#3259 10 years ago
Quoted from tmac:

Green Bay Lambeau Field first stop!

Make sure to stop across the street (Ridge, West side of the stadium) to Kroll's for a burger and chili! I think the only pins left in the area are at Tundra Lodge.

2 weeks later
#3402 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I don't find too many near me, so I wander into random bars and bowling alleys just to check.

I've done the same thing, I've also spent some time calling!

"Do you have any pinball machines?" - crazy guy

"Any what??" - irritated bartender

"Pinball machines." - crazy guy

"No." - Irritated bartender

#3409 10 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

I don't know how I missed the "where to play" map.

There was also this thread a while back:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/places-to-play-pinball-innear-milwaukeewi

I'm not sure if all those locations are on the map or not.

#3445 10 years ago

Taxi!?? Wow, nice score.

#3461 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

YOUR ALL VULTURES. VULTURES I SAY.

beaky.jpgbeaky.jpg
1 week later
#3490 10 years ago

I'll be at MSP in a month, where are the machines? Worth playing?

#3495 10 years ago

Good to know! I'm heading to Brooklyn to see a friend in February. I plan on checking out Modern Pinball (Steve Epstein's place) while I'm out there. Checking the Pinside map, looks like there are a ton of places in the area with 1-2 machines.

#3541 10 years ago

Hockey + beer + friends = win.

#3572 10 years ago

I love how much propane is in this picture! The only thing that could make it better would be a news story running in the background about the propane shortage.

1 week later
#3676 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Tim. I'm ready. Bring it.

I'm truly afraid to know how Tim earned all those 1's.

Thanks for hosting, Chris! I had a great time, as usual, even if Tim did embarrass me at bubble hockey.

Quoted from Lame33:

I wish their had been an easier way to watch the contestants. Projected video from webcams mounted on the pins or mirrors suspended from the ceiling, but I guess pinball is not really a spectator sport.

There is actually a growing number of competitions that are covered just like you mention:

http://papa.org/videos/competition-coverage/

It's actually pretty entertaining to watch. There's live commentary, and it's a good way to get some tips on games from the pros.

#3690 10 years ago

I felt guilty grabbing an A&W last night, I bet Carl and his dad are really pissed about that.

1 month later
#3985 10 years ago

$1? I guess I'll take it for that, but I don't feel great about it.

2 weeks later
#4196 9 years ago

That cabinet looked amazing, BK. I'm in for a wh20 if it happens.

1 week later
#4319 9 years ago

Oh, nice car... I love the TR-6, and that looks like a very nice example!

1 month later
#4766 9 years ago

Chrono Trigger is worth some bucks.. Nice grab, some really good games in there.

#4769 9 years ago

Gorilla has the one down in IA. He said he had the flu in the thread, so may still be around.

4 weeks later
#4935 9 years ago
Quoted from BigDaddyBanjo:

Sad thing was that I saw Chris's post and knew exactly where that picture had been taken! Been hanging with you guys too long!

I didn't want to be first to say I recognized that toilet.

#4958 9 years ago

My favorite part was when all the drunk happened.

8 months later
#6902 8 years ago

If I could convince my wife, I'd put in full synthetic grass and landscaping. I need to get her to David Pelz's place so she can see that synthetic grass has come a long way since the indoor/outdoor carpet days of the Brady Bunch..

post-5321-020425400 1337215764.jpgpost-5321-020425400 1337215764.jpg
4 months later
#7504 8 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Good job madison crew and everyone else who was involved in the fall flipout event -- it sounds like it went great.

This actually just started, you may be confusing it with Madrollin'.

Fall Flipout is a month long casual entry tournament. You pay up front, and then play the games involved in the tournament as many times as you'd like throughout the month, at your leisure. Jump in if you aren't already, it's only $5.

#7526 8 years ago

Excited to get some more time on AMH! That was my favorite pin at MRP, and I wasn't expecting it to be.

1 year later
#10057 6 years ago

I just found out how to embed ads... so this is still available.

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “I'm putting up my IMVE for sale. It's in nice condition, no issues at all. It's very clean and playing fast. One of the images shows the monger magnet. The mylar circle lifted a...”
2017-08-15
Madison, WI
4,800 (Firm)
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 1343 times

3 years later
#16123 2 years ago

You could check with a local tech school

4 weeks later
#16280 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Thanks for volunteering your time on this. Finding people who actually contribute to their community is a rare thing these days. Your community is lucky to have you.

Yep, big props on this, Chris. I tried on my brother's gear at his station and needed a cold bath and a nap after just standing in it for 5 minutes.

Speaking of, I'm trying to help him find a Fire! if anyone has any leads.

2 years later
#20243 4 months ago

04 grand prixs will be 10k by xmas

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deaconblooze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread?tu=deaconblooze and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.